JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 121
  1. #1
    What's next? chrisrobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    9,018

    Code of Conduct

    Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    .
    ... in spite of Republicon obstruction.

    http://www.nbcnews.com/business/econ...ears-1C8767810

    That's nice. Now, let's talk about abortion.

  2. #2

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Thanks to Congressional Republicans, it will start heading up again.

  3. #3

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    The real story is in the details.

    Record number of people are not working ... but that is AWKWARD.

    http://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf

  4. #4
    What's next? chrisrobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    9,018

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    The real story is in the details.

    Record number of people are not working ... but that is AWKWARD.

    http://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf
    The real story is your inability to focus. Topic is drop in rate of unemployment.

  5. #5

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    And the stock market is at a record high!

    Automobile sales are up. Home sales are up!

    The Obama economy is a success!

  6. #6
    JUB Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    11,995

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Don't expect Fox News to report this good news.

  7. #7
    Execuvette Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,931

    Code of Conduct
    Yes but the BILLIONS of immigrants flooding the country EVERY DAY though!!!
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  8. #8
    JUB Addict maxpowr9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    8,839
    Blog Entries
    3

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    The real story is in the details.

    Record number of people are not working ... but that is AWKWARD.

    http://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisrobin View Post
    The real story is your inability to focus. Topic is drop in rate of unemployment.
    The two are related if you actually knew anything unemployment. If people drop out of the workforce and are not actively seeking work, they are no longer counted in U3 which is the "official" unemployment statistic. Look at the U6 for a true picture of what the un[der]employment is in the US. It paints a much bleaker picture and if you even look more closely, most of the jobs added are menial labor or using the progressive term: not "living wages".

    The problem will only be exacerbated with the sequestration cuts to unemployment benefits.

  9. #9

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyBob View Post
    And the stock market is at a record high!

    Automobile sales are up. Home sales are up!

    The Obama economy is a success!
    Bob, surely you know why the stock market is up --- there is no where else where investors can put their money. The economy is dead, long term unemployment is rampant.

    There is no recovery. Sad.

  10. #10

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Quote Originally Posted by maxpowr9 View Post
    The two are related if you actually knew anything unemployment. If people drop out of the workforce and are not actively seeking work, they are no longer counted in U3 which is the "official" unemployment statistic. Look at the U6 for a true picture of what the un[der]employment is in the US. It paints a much bleaker picture and if you even look more closely, most of the jobs added are menial labor or using the progressive term: not "living wages".

    The problem will only be exacerbated with the sequestration cuts to unemployment benefits.
    Also, people who start temp jobs are counted as new hires -- however, not counted as unemployed when the job is over because most have not worked long enough to earn unemployment benefits.

    Times change U6 is the number to look at now.
    Last edited by Jack Springer; March 8th, 2013 at 06:50 PM.

  11. #11
    JUB Addict maxpowr9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    8,839
    Blog Entries
    3

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    Bob, surely you know why the stock market is up --- there is no where else where investors can put their money. The economy is dead, long term unemployment is rampant.

    There is no recovery. Sad.
    The sign of a neoclassical as a Keynesian would say: "in the long-run, we're all dead!"

    Yeah it takes a "free-mind" to realize that the public sector has been getting demolished the past 3 years while the private sector has been booming albeit with menial labor jobs.

  12. #12

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Quote Originally Posted by GiancarloC View Post
    Doesn't really strike at the main point of this report. Job creation growth has stepped up and increased in number. The U6 statistic isn't that accurate of the actual job situation in this country.
    Again, you dwell on 'facts' that only support your opinion and ignore all the other facts.

  13. #13

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Quote Originally Posted by maxpowr9 View Post
    The sign of a neoclassical as a Keynesian would say: "in the long-run, we're all dead!"

    Yeah it takes a "free-mind" to realize that the public sector has been getting demolished the past 3 years while the private sector has been booming albeit with menial labor jobs.
    Obama and his policies have destroyed the middle class. The USA is going to look like Mexico.

  14. #14

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Your desperate attempt to dismiss the President's recovery is pathetic Springer.

    Never in a million years will you give President Obama credit for anything so your replies are worthless.

  15. #15
    JUB Addict maxpowr9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    8,839
    Blog Entries
    3

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    Obama and his policies have destroyed the middle class. The USA is going to look like Mexico.
    The middle class was destroyed under Clinton and only began to show signs of that now like any federal government policy, a lagging variable. To be fair, Gingrich is far more culpable than Clinton but the veto is always an option.

  16. #16

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyBob View Post
    Your desperate attempt to dismiss the President's recovery is pathetic Springer.

    Never in a million years will you give President Obama credit for anything so your replies are worthless.
    He has done nothing worthwhile. Why would I give him credit.

    Making forced social changes are not the job of the President.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyBob View Post
    Your desperate attempt to dismiss the President's recovery is pathetic Springer.

    Never in a million years will you give President Obama credit for anything so your replies are worthless.
    He has done nothing worthwhile. Why would I give him credit.

    Making forced social changes are not the job of the President.

  17. #17

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Quote Originally Posted by maxpowr9 View Post
    The middle class was destroyed under Clinton and only began to show signs of that now like any federal government policy, a lagging variable. To be fair, Gingrich is far more culpable than Clinton but the veto is always an option.
    The middle class's decline started under the failed policies of Sainted Ronald Reagan and were decimated during the reigns of the war criminals Bush & Cheney.

    The republicans "Contract on America" authored by the adulterous abomination Newt Gingrich, ex-convict Tom Delay and Weeper of the House unstable crybaby John Boehner did a lot of damage.
    Last edited by CowboyBob; March 8th, 2013 at 07:05 PM.

  18. #18

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    If you're talking about sequestration -- you keep forgetting . . . it's Obama's idea.

  19. #19

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    I see the censors have been working.

  20. #20

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Quote Originally Posted by GiancarloC View Post


    What a crock... another bullshit claim.
    the sequester was the Obama administration’s idea.
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...sequester.html

  21. #21
    Sex God tigerfan482's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Columbia
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    862

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Why should people who drop out of the labor market count anyway? They shouldn't count towards unemployment numbers because they aren't looking for jobs. If you're going to go with those statistics, you may as well throw in the unborn and retired as well because they aren't currently employed either. In fact, let's just count everyone in the country. Unemployed people not looking for jobs don't draw on unemployment and aren't considered active members of the job force, so of course they're not going to be counted. They have found alternate means of supporting themselves and thus aren't relevant to the numbers being discussed. Unemployment numbers have never counted those not actively looking for work, so this is no different under Obama than any other person who has been president while these statistics have been produced.

  22. #22

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    ^^

    it's a left wing blog -- you should be flattered.

  23. #23
    JUB 10k Club
    CTF's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    El corazón de Tejas
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    20,054
    Blog Entries
    23

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyBob View Post
    I see the censors have been working.
    Got a problem with that?

    Quote Originally Posted by GiancarloC View Post
    Yeah... that's a real credible source.

    It wasn't Obama's idea. And I don't care if some Tabloids article claims it was.

    Republicans are sabotaging the middle class and still trying to destroy the economy. Even after being destroyed in the last election.
    Sources are sources.

    If nothing else it backs up and supports a position.

    Dismissing a source because one doesn't agree with it, is almost as bad as dismissing an individual before they've had a chance to make their point.
    Never regret anything, because in that moment it's exactly what you wanted.

  24. #24

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Are you totally unaware of what has been happening in the USA during the past 5 years.

    People are dropping out of the work force because they cannot find a job -- because very few have been created. They are living off their retirement, paying penalties for early withdrawals of IRA's, cashing in their pensions ... just to pay rent, mortgages, food, insurance.

    You are totally without compassion and empathy.

    ... and you call yourself a caring liberal? Burn your card right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan482 View Post
    Why should people who drop out of the labor market count anyway? They shouldn't count towards unemployment numbers because they aren't looking for jobs. If you're going to go with those statistics, you may as well throw in the unborn and retired as well because they aren't currently employed either. In fact, let's just count everyone in the country. Unemployed people not looking for jobs don't draw on unemployment and aren't considered active members of the job force, so of course they're not going to be counted. They have found alternate means of supporting themselves and thus aren't relevant to the numbers being discussed. Unemployment numbers have never counted those not actively looking for work, so this is no different under Obama than any other person who has been president while these statistics have been produced.

  25. #25
    Sex God tigerfan482's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Columbia
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    862

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    Are you totally unaware of what has been happening in the USA during the past 5 years.

    People are dropping out of the work force because they cannot find a job -- because very few have been created. They are living off their retirement, paying penalties for early withdrawals of IRA's, cashing in their pensions ... just to pay rent, mortgages, food, insurance.

    You are totally without compassion and empathy.

    ... and you call yourself a caring liberal? Burn your card right now.
    There are plenty of jobs to be had. What you are saying is that they cannot find a job that they want. There is a difference. Retired people trying to go back to work is a symptom of the Bush years and the financial calamity they caused. Everything else you mentioned is a result of people either a) being very picky about what jobs they get (not a fault of the government) or b) having more expense than what any job they can find can support (again, not a fault of the government.) Look to your friends in the private sector for why they can't produce jobs that pay enough to make these people want to take them.

  26. #26

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Yes, I'll address it. 200,000 jobs created in a month are not enough to reduce the unemployment rate to acceptable levels.

    The reason the rate has been going down is that more people have given up trying to find a job and are no longer counted as unemployed.

    For your reading enjoyment . . .

    http://www.aei-ideas.org/2013/03/to-...ormal-economy/

  27. #27
    JUB Addict maxpowr9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    8,839
    Blog Entries
    3

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Quote Originally Posted by centexfarmer View Post
    Got a problem with that?



    Sources are sources.

    If nothing else it backs up and supports a position.

    Dismissing a source because one doesn't agree with it, is almost as bad as dismissing an individual before they've had a chance to make their point.
    No, there are tiers of sources. It's something like...

    Academic journals >> Print publications >>> News/Televised publications >>>>>>>>>>>>> Internet publications/blogs/other garbage

    Bias is subjective like normalcy but the validity of sources as listed above is true. I would scoff at anyone citing dailykos or breitbart as a source.

  28. #28

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Where do you live? Mars?

    I'm guessing you're a school teacher or federal government employee.

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan482 View Post
    There are plenty of jobs to be had. What you are saying is that they cannot find a job that they want. There is a difference. Retired people trying to go back to work is a symptom of the Bush years and the financial calamity they caused. Everything else you mentioned is a result of people either a) being very picky about what jobs they get (not a fault of the government) or b) having more expense than what any job they can find can support (again, not a fault of the government.) Look to your friends in the private sector for why they can't produce jobs that pay enough to make these people want to take them.

  29. #29
    Sex God tigerfan482's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Columbia
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    862

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    Where do you live? Mars?

    I'm guessing you're a school teacher or federal government employee.
    I am a federal government employee, as I have stated in numerous other posts. Back when the private sector was booming, I chose a job that paid less but allowed me to do what I wanted to do and serve my country. What's your point? Because I work for the government I can't understand why it is people are dropping out of the job market?

    If people wanted jobs, they could find jobs. Making $40,000 a year versus the $60,000 a year they used to make isn't ideal, but it's still income.

  30. #30

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    ^^

    Yes, as a federal employee you are an isolated person. The internal politics and reluctance to accept new ideas in the federal complex leads to people performing to a minimal standard.

    The problem is the $40,000 jobs are now minimum wage or less jobs -- like I said, you are out of touch.

  31. #31
    Sex God tigerfan482's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Columbia
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    862

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    ^^

    Yes, as a federal employee you are an isolated person. The internal politics and reluctance to accept new ideas in the federal complex leads to people performing to a minimal standard.

    The problem is the $40,000 jobs are now minimum wage or less jobs -- like I said, you are out of touch.
    I am not an isolated person at all. Your characterization of federal employees at best demonstrates your ignorance of what we do and at worst shows either your inadvertent ignorance or willful acceptance of a stereotype.

    Also, there are tons of people who work for minimum wage. This is being discussed right now in the income inequality thread. A job is a job. If people drop out of the workforce instead of accepting a minimum wage job, then they shouldn't be counted in the unemployment numbers because they have consciously made the decision to not be employed versus being employed at less than what they think they are worth. Again, none of this is any fault of the government, unless you're proposing they pass a minimum wage scale for each profession to force the private sector to pay people at a rate which the government predetermines.

  32. #32

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Isolated and uninformed.

  33. #33
    Sex God tigerfan482's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Columbia
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    862

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    Isolated and uninformed.
    I know you are a Republican, but please try to understand that repeating something multiple times doesn't make it true.

  34. #34
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,915

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    ^^

    Yes, as a federal employee you are an isolated person. The internal politics and reluctance to accept new ideas in the federal complex leads to people performing to a minimal standard.

    The problem is the $40,000 jobs are now minimum wage or less jobs -- like I said, you are out of touch.
    What do you do, Jack? Since you feel people's personal occupation is relevant to the discussion.

  35. #35
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,915

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Quote Originally Posted by GiancarloC View Post
    Wow. that's how republicans looked on election day when they voted for the two assholes.
    lmao touche.

  36. #36

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan482 View Post
    I know you are a Republican, but please try to understand that repeating something multiple times doesn't make it true.
    And a bitter one at that. Imagine what he went through when he saw the man he hates so obsessively elected twice and his political heroes defeated. Think of what goes through his head when he sees the economy improving. Total denial.

  37. #37
    Sex God tigerfan482's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Columbia
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    862

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    Isolated and uninformed.
    Actually, I want to expand on this. If anything, I am more exposed and informed than you are, Jack. As a government employee, I get to see both sides of the coin. I get to see the amount of work that my co-workers and I do (at a labor rate less than that of our private sector counterparts) only to be demonized by the uninformed populace such as yourself as being "lazy and overpaid." I spend my days designing ways to save lives and protect this country. I doubt I could say the same for you. I'd thank you not to paint us with a broad brush unless you know what the hell you are painting.

    On the flip side, since I also get the privilege of managing multiple contracts (with no extra financial incentive), I get to see how the private sector works both within its own structure as well as with the government. I get to see how a contractor charges the government $10,000 for a component that I could buy from the manufacturer for $4,000. I get to see how some contractor who does the exact same work as I do with less experience gets paid almost 75% more than I do. I also get to see, because of the sequester and reduced funding for contracts, how contractor employees will try to negotiate with their management salary cuts up to 50% just so they don't lose their jobs due to less funding. Again, I'll reiterate that people are willing to take pay cuts up to 50% so they aren't without a job (hint: this relates to what we were discussing earlier.)

    I get to see all of this Jack and none of it matches up to what you read on your blogs and in your textbooks. The real world operates in a vastly different way than your theoretical models that you work on. If people wanted jobs, they would get a fucking job. If people want to be picky about what jobs they get, then they can drop off the market, dive into their retirement accounts, and not even be a statistic in the books. That's their fucking choice and no one but them should be held accountable for it. You can dwell all day in your ivory tower (or more likely all day under your ivory bridge), but don't pretend to know what you are talking about when there are those who see it everyday and know exactly what it's like.

  38. #38

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Honestly, don't buy that you work for the federal government. All I've ever seen from federal employees is political infighting and incompetence. Those that care, and there are some, eventually turn into what they despise.

    What the reason you buy the $4,000 component for $10,000?

  39. #39
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,258

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Jack i work with the dedicated professionals who do the work of the nation. You know nothing about those civilians. You sound as if you simply despise that your not up to par enough to be one of them.

    BTW could you provide some substantive proof of such exorbitant prices paid regularly for parts? I know the Interior or some other such department paid ridiculously for a conference at some hotel recently. however, most government spending is under such a microscope it is hard to believe the example you pull from your urban legend file.

    P.S. if you ever come to town, on the plaza there is a great place called MIXX with excellent food. Perhaps a good meal would put a smile on your face.
    Last edited by JayHawk; March 8th, 2013 at 11:17 PM.
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  40. #40
    of the 99%
    Just_Believe18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    9,238

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    Honestly, don't buy that you work for the federal government. All I've ever seen from federal employees is political infighting and incompetence. Those that care, and there are some, eventually turn into what they despise.

    What the reason you buy the $4,000 component for $10,000?
    You know, you are a very rude person, Jack Springer. Someone like tigerfan took the time to share a very personal part about himself through his profession. Instead of recognizing his opinion, as he legitimately attempted to recognize yours, you instead trashed him and called him a liar.
    #439th oldest member on JUB.

  41. #41
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,915

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    What do you do, Jack? Since you feel people's personal occupation is relevant to the discussion.
    ^ Did you miss this, Jack?

  42. #42
    What's next? chrisrobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    9,018

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    Honestly, don't buy that you work for the federal government. All I've ever seen from federal employees is political infighting and incompetence. Those that care, and there are some, eventually turn into what they despise.

    What the reason you buy the $4,000 component for $10,000?
    Honestly,

  43. #43
    What's next? chrisrobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    9,018

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan482 View Post
    I know you are a Republican, but please try to understand that repeating something multiple times doesn't make it true.
    But it does make it true. Please Google: The Big Lie.

  44. #44
    Execuvette Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,931

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Yeah, I'd like to ask that too, Jack. Since you judge other people's credibility, perhaps we should be able to measure yours. You never give any indication of what you actually do for a living, yet you throw your opinion around as if you have intimate knowledge of ever part of the economy. Well, show some credentials.
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  45. #45

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Yea! Let's celebrate!

    White unemployment rate 6.8%

    Teenager unemployment rate 25.1%

    Black unemployment rate 13.8%

    Hispanic unemployment rate 9.6%

    Asian unemployment rate 6.1%

    http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...nt_706624.html

  46. #46

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolyo85 View Post
    Yeah, I'd like to ask that too, Jack. Since you judge other people's credibility, perhaps we should be able to measure yours. You never give any indication of what you actually do for a living, yet you throw your opinion around as if you have intimate knowledge of ever part of the economy. Well, show some credentials.
    You or anyone else here doesn't need to know what I or anyone else here does for a living.

    Your opinion means nothing to me.

  47. #47
    Execuvette Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,931

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    You or anyone else here doesn't need to know what I or anyone else here does for a living.

    Your opinion means nothing to me.
    Actually, if you're going to throw around expert-sounding opinions and ignore or belittle people who have established some credentials in the argument, you absolutely need to provide some background information or just modify your tone and stop implying that people who have proven to know what they're talking about are actually lying.

    It's also interesting to note that all of us have made clear what our professions are, yet you feel yours should be kept private. You are of course free to keep it so, and shouldn't feel forced to reveal it if you don't want to, but it raises interesting questions and further lowers your already low credibility.

    And I recommend - no I URGE you to avoid the "I don't care about your opinion" defense, because the obvious conclusion is that you spend so much time here without even caring about what people think of your posts. This is both an exercise in futility, and an indication of a sad lonely troll. If that's not how you want to be perceived - and not just by me - then you should drop the "fuck you all" attitude. I don't spend time with people I overwhelmingly don't care about, and I see no reason why you would.
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  48. #48
    Sex God tigerfan482's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Columbia
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    862

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Quote Originally Posted by JayHawk View Post
    BTW could you provide some substantive proof of such exorbitant prices paid regularly for parts? I know the Interior or some other such department paid ridiculously for a conference at some hotel recently. however, most government spending is under such a microscope it is hard to believe the example you pull from your urban legend file.
    The only substantive proof I can provide is my experience. The government has many contract types. Some use over-inflated prices and some don't. Generally, IDIQ contracts (indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity) use an FFP (firm fixed price) based model in which the contractor sets a price that the government will pay per unit for the life of the contract. Since there is no way of knowing whether the government will order 1 or 1 million of a particular item, contractors have to set the price based on what they think will make them back their investment plus profit on the item. So the contractor will buy a $4000 part, add their labor and, in some cases, material fee to it. They will add in any R&D costs they put into making the system that wasn't paid for under a development contract as well as any profit margin they want to make over the life of the contract. They're going to set that price based on what they expect to have made at the the end of the contract and what they view as a reasonable number of units sold. So if a contractor spends $50,000 on R&D, has a 10% fee on labor (say they spend 1 hour of labor at $50/hr on the part = $50 + ($50*.10) = $55) and another 10% on parts ($4000 * 0.10 = $400), incorporates the $4,000 part into the item, wants a 15% profit margin at the end of the contract (($50,000 + 10 * ($4000 + $400 + $55)) * 1.15 = $102,050), and expects a reasonable number of items to be sold to be 10 ($102,050 / 10), they're going to sell that item for $10,205.

    The benefits to the government of this type of contract is that they have a set price and don't have to pay more or less if the cost of the item changes. The downside is that you're stuck paying that price and, if you order large quantities of the items, you wind up paying more than what you normally would per item.

    As far as government spending being under scrutiny, you have to remember that many of these contracts are multi-year contracts. Thus, many of them were written several years ago when spending wasn't exactly under a microscope.

    Hope this helps clarify some things.

  49. #49
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,915

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    You or anyone else here doesn't need to know what I or anyone else here does for a living.

    Your opinion means nothing to me.
    Equally, you realize that your opinion of Tigersfan's job or field means nothing to us, particularly when it conflicts with what someone who actually works in the field has to say about it, right? And when, as far as we can tell, you have no special credential to be talking about the economy in the first place other than your own opinions which we can't validate are based in anything?

  50. #50
    Execuvette Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,931

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Quote Originally Posted by GiancarloC View Post
    Oh the weakly standard again? And the worst part is... it's from a BLOG ARTICLE on the weakly standard. The news source still complaining about Obama's election.

    News flash, unemployment rates are still high for some but are declining with economic progress. Get a grip please. If the economy can move up another gear to 250,000+ jobs created per month then we will make even more progress. But republicans will never permit that. They refuse to pass any pro-jobs bills and insist on drastically cutting government. Did you know if so many government jobs weren't cut the last 3 years unemployment would be below 7% as a whole?
    Yeah, I don't get the "numbers are still bad, so there's no improvement" logic. It's seriously lacking.
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.