JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

remove these banner ads by becoming a JUB Supporter.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 150 of 312
  1. #101
    The old familiar sting blackbeltninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Cape Town; the arse-end of the Dark Continent
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    9,750
    Blog Entries
    17

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Why are gay guys so promiscuous?

    Quote Originally Posted by eastofeden View Post
    That is fine...for you....and you should be true to yourself...but so should everyone else as marraige is a legal institution and there are many reasons why people get married. Love isn't always part of the equation. Likewise...there are many couples who are in love and have no wish to be married.
    The bold part I get, and agree with.

    The red part I get, if it's a shotgun wedding or, presumably to a lesser extent, a way of dodging immigration. Aside from those two, I don't see the point of going into marriage with someone you neither love nor are committed to. I could easily enough go into a business venture - co-buying a house or going concern etc etc - with someone I neither love or am committed to beyond making a payment each month, but I wouldn't give up the option to marry someone else by doing business under the guise of being married already.

    Quote Originally Posted by buzzer
    You two are being rather thick. (Bankside, shame on you for twice in two topics.)

    You don't know any married couples who have fallen out of love? You don't know any married couples who have had infidelity issues? Even if you don't, they exist. But regardless of those two states of affairs, the contract remains unless legally ended. If you posit that somehow gay men don't "deserve" the status of legally married until they've proven some intangible litmus of love and commitment, where is the proposition to somehow legally enforce that statute on heterosexual married couples? And how many would pass it?
    I didn't say gay guys don't deserve to get married. I do however struggle to see the point of fighting to get gay marriage legitimised (and insisting on calling it marriage and not a civil partnership or something else) if the guys are going just going to use it as a tax-dodge and a way to cut their living costs. There are other ways to do that without having to go the whole marriage route.

    And of course marriages end, as do plain ol' relationships and people going steady. This is no surprise. And sure, people stay in marriages and relationships which have turned loveless over time - nobody disputes that. But I doubt those people got married, or even started those serious relationships, when they were out of love.

    Perhaps I'm in the minority here, but I don't think I'd make a massive investment in marrying someone - knowing what I stood to lose and how much stuff I'd be legally obliged to do - if I knew I wasn't in love with them or committed to them.

    The question then, Buzzer, is: would you? And if you say yes, I'd suggest that you're the one being rather thick.

    -d-
    Members: [insert appropriate/relevant wise saying or deep thought here]
    Thank you.


    I hope you get this message.
    Comments welcome.

  2. #102
    Quality posting since 2K7 Nishin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Europe
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,555

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Why are gay guys so promiscuous?

    Quote Originally Posted by bankside View Post
    If you think that atheism will make you magically immune to pathogens, I welcome you to give it a shot.
    Well science does tell one to use condoms, when the pope encourages not using them...

  3. #103
    Are u haleloo ya ? Telstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    29,271

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Why are gay guys so promiscuous?

    Quote Originally Posted by kayman23 View Post
    And how exactly does that legitimizes being a big ol' ho-bag?

    Just because food is extremely accessible in most westernized nations doesn't mean we ought to eat all the time. Overeating/binge eating brings a heap loads of health problems, and the same analogy along with similar results can be applied to sex.
    If you can't find one partner,
    why not have many hookups ??


    NEVER LISTEN TO A ONE SIDED STORY AND JUDGE.

  4. #104
    Execuvette Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,923

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Why are gay guys so promiscuous?

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    Seriously you think Victorian sex ethics and Puritanism came because those people were having mass sex and getting STD's?

    I know you don't think it, because you're not that uninformed. I'm just puzzled at these odd stances you're taking lately.
    Yeah, I'm really confused myself...
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  5. #105
    TheSpectatingLoner
    Guest

    Re: Why are gay guys so promiscuous?

    Quote Originally Posted by kayman23 View Post
    Well, I hope you enjoy having to go to the "happy clinic" multiple times a year for your regular "clearance". That shit got old real quickly...
    I use condoms. So far, so good.

    I won't allow myself to be scared out of the act of sex and I won't pretend to fall in love with someone in order to have someone to have sex with. I'd rather live my life and practice safe sex.
    Last edited by TheSpectatingLoner; March 9th, 2013 at 10:41 AM.

  6. #106
    The Mother of Loki Laufey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Reykjavik, Iceland
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,749

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Why are gay guys so promiscuous?

    Gay men are as promiscuous as straight men would be IF THEY COULD.

    Seriously straight men are always complaining about how much more difficult it is for them to get laid.

  7. #107
    TheSpectatingLoner
    Guest

    Re: Why are gay guys so promiscuous?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuukie View Post
    I've always believed that if you're looking for a relationship you'll never find one. It's when you're not looking for love and instead look to meet new friends that one of those friendship will ignite into a relationship.
    I always hear people say this, and I don't believe it.

    I know so many folks who don't look for relationships and they don't come.

    I know so many who look for them endlessly and eventually find them.

    And I know plenty who fit the scenario you described above.

    It truly is different for everyone.

  8. #108
    JUB Addict kayman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Atlanta
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Posts
    1,310
    Blog Entries
    12

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Why are gay guys so promiscuous?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSpectatingLoner View Post
    I use condoms. So far, so good.

    I won't allow myself to be scared out of the act of sex and I won't pretend to fall in love with someone in order to have someone to have sex with. I'd rather live my life and practice safe sex.
    Condoms doesn't protect us from all STI/STDs like HPV (genital warts), syphilis, herpes, etc., which can all be contracted even with condom usage.

    You act as if pretending to be in love is the grounds of having sex? Having a regular fuckbuddy is better and safer than just having casual sex with a bunch of random strangers. It's not about fear of anything, it is about using common sense and being responsible.
    Last edited by kayman23; March 9th, 2013 at 11:31 AM.

  9. #109
    The Mother of Loki Laufey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Reykjavik, Iceland
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,749

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Why are gay guys so promiscuous?

    Some people don't mind taking risks in life for pleasure. If you don't want to that's fine, but stop with the preaching.

  10. #110
    JUB Addict EuroSoccer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    1,312

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Why are gay guys so promiscuous?

    Quote Originally Posted by Laufey View Post
    Some people don't mind taking risks in life for pleasure. If you don't want to that's fine, but stop with the preaching.

  11. #111
    Slut
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    289

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Why are gay guys so promiscuous?

    Quote Originally Posted by eastofeden View Post
    Tell me...what IS the big deal about someone else having hundreds of sex partners? Does it affect you?
    I was replying to the question that was asked about why gays are considered sluts/whores for being promiscuous while straight men aren't. And it doesn't affect me personally if a gay man has had hundreds or even thousands of sex partners, but I would not want to get romantically involved with someone like that. That's just my personal preference. There are those who don't have a problem with it.

  12. #112
    Execuvette Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,923

    Code of Conduct
    Why is it a problem for you? What's the maximum umber of past sexual partners allowed?
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  13. #113
    The Mother of Loki Laufey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Reykjavik, Iceland
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,749

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Why are gay guys so promiscuous?

    It's simply prejudges that a person who has had multiple sex partners is less romantic and less likely to have a committing long term relationship.

    I have regular one night stands simply because I have a high sex drive and I'm single. It does NOT mean it's a lifestyle I prefer over a monogamous loving relationship.

  14. #114
    Slut
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    289

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Why are gay guys so promiscuous?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolyo85 View Post
    Why is it a problem for you? What's the maximum umber of past sexual partners allowed?
    As if we men are some kind of animal that operates solely on instinct? I feel a bit of repulsion towards someone who's had a very large number of sex partners, as it shows a lack of self-control. Hell, I'm single but I don't go fucking around with every available Tom, Dick, and Harry just because I happen to be horny.

    Once you've given that most intimate part of yourself to countless random men, what do you have left to give to a significant other?

  15. #115
    Execuvette Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,923

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Why are gay guys so promiscuous?

    Quote Originally Posted by Laufey View Post
    I have regular one night stands simply because I have a high sex drive and I'm single. It does NOT mean it's a lifestyle I prefer over a monogamous loving relationship.
    Dat truth. I'm exactly the same.
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  16. #116
    Execuvette Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,923

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Why are gay guys so promiscuous?

    Quote Originally Posted by JustMe5 View Post
    As if we men are some kind of animal that operates solely on instinct? I feel a bit of repulsion towards someone who's had a very large number of sex partners, as it shows a lack of self-control. Hell, I'm single but I don't go fucking around with every available Tom, Dick, and Harry just because I happen to be horny.

    Once you've given that most intimate part of yourself to countless random men, what do you have left to give to a significant other?
    I'm sorry, I have no choice but to call utter bullshit to this. Sex is two things - a physical and an emotional experience. YOU have chosen to see the physical as an equivalency of the emotional, but they are separate. They can work together, but one does not imply the other. What "most intimate part" of myself do I give a guy I have sex with for fun? My dick? My ass? My mouth? Those see so many non-intimate uses on a 24/7 basis, that I can't imagine that's what you meant. WHOEVER has the right to say that sex is only "right" if there is strong emotion involved? It is a physical activity involving another person, so the emotional element is always there, but it can be pure chemistry with no romance whatsoever. You don't need to Like someone to like them enough to have sex with them, unless you have decided to build your values like that.

    You keep talking as if OBJECTIVELY it's "right" to stay celibate and/or have very few partners (in your derisive description of those who don't do it, and your assumption that someone will respect you more for being single yet denying yourself sex), and it is "wrong" to have sex with many people. Others' value systems and more importantly - their perception of what something means - are completely different, and this isn't an excuse for you to say "well then we wouldn't match", it's a reason to say "well, just because my value system wouldn't allow that, doesn't mean they follow it and therefore are consciously doing a bad thing". They see different things in what they are doing, it means different things for them.

    When I have sex with someone, it can be special, or it can just be pleasurable. There is always mutual respect and appreciation, there's never a demeaning factor involved. Who the hell are you to be judging this as unacceptable?
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  17. #117
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,752

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Why are gay guys so promiscuous?

    Quote Originally Posted by blackbeltninja View Post
    I didn't say gay guys don't deserve to get married. I do however struggle to see the point of fighting to get gay marriage legitimised (and insisting on calling it marriage and not a civil partnership or something else) if the guys are going just going to use it as a tax-dodge and a way to cut their living costs.
    The fact that you do not seem as bent about the concept of straight couples "using marriage to tax dodge" (which I do not believe is anyone's legitimate reason for having gotten married, in many cases there isn't even a noticeable savings of any sort depending on the incomes of the couple in question) but this is how you view a gay couple's likely reason for wanting to have access to full equal legal marriage rights shows a strong bias on your part, one that dismisses that gay couples are as real or as worthy, or which assumes that they're after some "other purpose" other than wanting a full legal marriage.

    Frankly, no one has to come in front of you as lord-advocate and get your blessing for their marriage or their reasons for getting married, nor should they have to-- neither heterosexual nor homosexual.

    P.S. If these "fringe benefits" of getting married were so worth it all by themselves there's absolutely no reason all of us wouldn't have just married single friends of the opposite sex in the meanwhile until we find our "real partners." The concept that people do it just for tax shelter or whatever is pretty stupid.
    Last edited by xbuzzerx; March 9th, 2013 at 01:13 PM.

  18. #118
    Quality posting since 2K7 Nishin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Europe
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,555

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Why are gay guys so promiscuous?


  19. #119
    Respira MissAnne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Posts
    1,951

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Why are gay guys so promiscuous?

    Quote Originally Posted by JustMe5 View Post
    Once you've given that most intimate part of yourself to countless random men, what do you have left to give to a significant other?
    I feel this way most times.

    It has to mean something for me.
    " For all there is to feel, let it be felt"
    ― Emeli Sande

  20. #120
    Execuvette Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,923

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Why are gay guys so promiscuous?

    Quote Originally Posted by MissAnne View Post
    I feel this way most times.

    It has to mean something for me.
    And that's PERFECTLY ok, but it should also come with the understanding that other people see it differently, and not judge them, as if they TOO need it to mean something, but for some reason ignore that need and demean themselves or something.

    For myself, I have two sets of sexual experiences. One that is related to casual sex, and one for when serious emotion is involved. One does not flow into the other. When I am single, sex is one thing. When I'm not, it's another. If anything, it adds a variety of experiences.
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  21. #121
    Sex God tigerfan482's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Columbia
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    862

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Why are gay guys so promiscuous?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolyo85 View Post
    And that's PERFECTLY ok, but it should also come with the understanding that other people see it differently, and not judge them, as if they TOO need it to mean something, but for some reason ignore that need and demean themselves or something.

    For myself, I have two sets of sexual experiences. One that is related to casual sex, and one for when serious emotion is involved. One does not flow into the other. When I am single, sex is one thing. When I'm not, it's another. If anything, it adds a variety of experiences.
    So I definitely respect both views on the situation and I try not to judge others on their lifestyle decisions. One thing that I do wonder about though is if the attitude towards sexual encounters is inversely proportional to the effort put into maintaining a committed relationship. So would someone who has has a sizable number of sexual encounters be as motivated to attempt to make a long term relationship work as someone who doesn't have as many?

    I can use myself as an example. You could count the number of sexual partners that I have had in the low teens. I know that when I am in the situation of a relationship, I want to work hard to make it work because I don't have the knowledge or experience of being able to easily drop back to a single life of casual sexual encounters to fulfill sexual needs that I get from a relationship. Large number of sexual encounters also sets a high bar for expected sexual performance in a relationship. Given that sex is an important part of a relationship, will someone with lots of sexual encounters have a higher standard of what to expect than a person without as many and will that affect the relationship? While I don't believe that the two ideas (promiscuity versus desire for a relationship) are completely dependent on each other, I also don't believe they are mutually exclusive either. I personally feel that there is some effect on both the desire and the determination for a committed relationship that is realized from having an increasing number of casual sexual encounters and I was just wondering if that is actually the case or if I have just been unfortunate enough to meet the wrong people.

    I'm just trying to gauge the feelings of others when it comes to the number of sex partners and promiscuity versus the desire for a committed relationship. Is there a difference?

  22. #122
    JUB Addict kayman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Atlanta
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Posts
    1,310
    Blog Entries
    12

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Why are gay guys so promiscuous?

    Quote Originally Posted by MissAnne View Post
    I feel this way most times.

    It has to mean something for me.
    Ok, me as well...

  23. #123
    Execuvette Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,923

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Why are gay guys so promiscuous?

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan482 View Post
    So I definitely respect both views on the situation and I try not to judge others on their lifestyle decisions. One thing that I do wonder about though is if the attitude towards sexual encounters is inversely proportional to the effort put into maintaining a committed relationship. So would someone who has has a sizable number of sexual encounters be as motivated to attempt to make a long term relationship work as someone who doesn't have as many?

    I can use myself as an example. You could count the number of sexual partners that I have had in the low teens. I know that when I am in the situation of a relationship, I want to work hard to make it work because I don't have the knowledge or experience of being able to easily drop back to a single life of casual sexual encounters to fulfill sexual needs that I get from a relationship. Large number of sexual encounters also sets a high bar for expected sexual performance in a relationship. Given that sex is an important part of a relationship, will someone with lots of sexual encounters have a higher standard of what to expect than a person without as many and will that affect the relationship? While I don't believe that the two ideas (promiscuity versus desire for a relationship) are completely dependent on each other, I also don't believe they are mutually exclusive either. I personally feel that there is some effect on both the desire and the determination for a committed relationship that is realized from having an increasing number of casual sexual encounters and I was just wondering if that is actually the case or if I have just been unfortunate enough to meet the wrong people.

    I'm just trying to gauge the feelings of others when it comes to the number of sex partners and promiscuity versus the desire for a committed relationship. Is there a difference?
    Well, to answer both things:

    1. To me casual sex and dating aren't two worlds separated by a dimensional wall. They coexist and mingle. My most serious relationship started as a hook up, and I am hardly unique in that. Casual sex isn't something that you start doing when single, then stop, then enter a relationship and have a completely different life. Casual sex is a byproduct of a sexually free interaction with new people or people you've established a stable non-romantic relationship with. The ONLY difference, really, is the sex. If you meet a guy in a bar, and quickly decide he isn't a dating prospect, but you chat a bit, have a drink or two, maybe flirt a little casually, and then never meet again (or meet again in a friendly capacity), the ONLY difference between you and the "promiscuous" types is that you didn't have sex with him. There is not some giant psychological difference in outlook, people who have casual sex aren't a separate species of humanity or a separate culture. They just don't think sex is such a big deal in and of itself.

    2. In my experience sex is good or bad. Good sex can be amazing, mind-blowing, great or just nice, but it's never bad. Only bad sex is bad. And despite popular (among people who don't hook up) opinion, one-time sex acts don't really build experience that much. Yeah, you've experienced a ton of different "flavors", but very superficially. Actual sexual experience is gained through multiple repeats with the same person. Which would be why I'm always in favor of friends with benefits vs. hook ups with new people.
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  24. #124
    Are u haleloo ya ? Telstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    29,271

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Why are gay guys so promiscuous?

    Quote Originally Posted by JustMe5 View Post
    As if we men are some kind of animal that operates solely on instinct? I feel a bit of repulsion towards someone who's had a very large number of sex partners, as it shows a lack of self-control. Hell, I'm single but I don't go fucking around with every available Tom, Dick, and Harry just because I happen to be horny.

    Once you've given that most intimate part of yourself to countless random men, what do you have left to give to a significant other?
    Are you saying you are not animal ?
    How wrong of you.


    NEVER LISTEN TO A ONE SIDED STORY AND JUDGE.

  25. #125
    Sex God
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    866

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Why are gay guys so promiscuous?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolyo85 View Post
    Well, to answer both things:

    1. To me casual sex and dating aren't two worlds separated by a dimensional wall. They coexist and mingle. My most serious relationship started as a hook up, and I am hardly unique in that. Casual sex isn't something that you start doing when single, then stop, then enter a relationship and have a completely different life. Casual sex is a byproduct of a sexually free interaction with new people or people you've established a stable non-romantic relationship with. The ONLY difference, really, is the sex. If you meet a guy in a bar, and quickly decide he isn't a dating prospect, but you chat a bit, have a drink or two, maybe flirt a little casually, and then never meet again (or meet again in a friendly capacity), the ONLY difference between you and the "promiscuous" types is that you didn't have sex with him. There is not some giant psychological difference in outlook, people who have casual sex aren't a separate species of humanity or a separate culture. They just don't think sex is such a big deal in and of itself.

    2. In my experience sex is good or bad. Good sex can be amazing, mind-blowing, great or just nice, but it's never bad. Only bad sex is bad. And despite popular (among people who don't hook up) opinion, one-time sex acts don't really build experience that much. Yeah, you've experienced a ton of different "flavors", but very superficially. Actual sexual experience is gained through multiple repeats with the same person. Which would be why I'm always in favor of friends with benefits vs. hook ups with new people.
    Very well stated.
    As a "former promiscuous" person I never really thought about who I was sleeping with.
    I was horny, you are horny, then lets fuck was my motto.
    I didn't make a judgement on myself or anyone who can't do that.

    As my straight friends use to say to me....
    "I want to come back and live your life."

    Last edited by backagain; March 9th, 2013 at 04:09 PM.

  26. #126
    On the Prowl sulphur-springs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    72

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Why are gay guys so promiscuous?

    The majority of my friends are straight guys, and judging by their conversations our sex drives are the same. Not to mention guys are almost always window shopping, and when you throw two guys together it's just a lot more likely that sex will happen sooner than later. As with anything, there are exceptions.

  27. #127
    The old familiar sting blackbeltninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Cape Town; the arse-end of the Dark Continent
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    9,750
    Blog Entries
    17

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Why are gay guys so promiscuous?

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    The fact that you do not seem as bent about the concept of straight couples "using marriage to tax dodge" (which I do not believe is anyone's legitimate reason for having gotten married, in many cases there isn't even a noticeable savings of any sort depending on the incomes of the couple in question) but this is how you view a gay couple's likely reason for wanting to have access to full equal legal marriage rights shows a strong bias on your part, one that dismisses that gay couples are as real or as worthy, or which assumes that they're after some "other purpose" other than wanting a full legal marriage.

    Frankly, no one has to come in front of you as lord-advocate and get your blessing for their marriage or their reasons for getting married, nor should they have to-- neither heterosexual nor homosexual.

    P.S. If these "fringe benefits" of getting married were so worth it all by themselves there's absolutely no reason all of us wouldn't have just married single friends of the opposite sex in the meanwhile until we find our "real partners." The concept that people do it just for tax shelter or whatever is pretty stupid.
    Ah, now, you see the trouble with trying to read between the lines is that sometimes there is nothing between the lines and you end up leaping to the wrong conclusion.

    I brought up the tax-dodge because I'm trying to work out why people would get married if not for love and commitment, which you keep reminding us are not essential for marriage. So my reply was framed in the context of that assumption and the tax dodge. I have absolutely no issue with people of any sexual bent who commit to each other having legal benefits and marriage rights.

    The tax dodge is the only other reason I can conceive of to go through the whole rigmarole. And it IS a rigmarole; the legalities of the marriage contract are far-reaching, so I assume people get married because they WANT to get married. You said it yourself - you don't need marriage for love and commitment. And here in .za, you don't need to be married to share medical insurance costs (either way, gay marriage is legal here). And nowhere do you need to be married to sort out jointly-owned property.

    In short, I stand by what I said originally.

    -d-
    Members: [insert appropriate/relevant wise saying or deep thought here]
    Thank you.


    I hope you get this message.
    Comments welcome.

  28. #128
    JUB Addict figjam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,134

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Why are gay guys so promiscuous?

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan482 View Post
    Is this representative of the majority of the gay community? Are committed relationships (or at least people out looking for them) just not commonplace? Am I on a hopeless mission to find someone to want to be in a monogamous relationship with? What are people's thoughts on this?
    No, No and maybe.

    Guys (the male species) are naturally more promiscuous than females. This is just a fact of life.

    Not all males are promiscuous.

    Most gay clubs have created this "promiscuous" perception of gay men.

    At the end of the day we are all individuals - simple...

  29. #129
    Execuvette Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,923

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Why are gay guys so promiscuous?

    I dunno about the promiscuity factor of guys. I mean, I guess so, but ultimately, I am just horny all the time. However, if I could have sex with the same guy all the time, rather than with different ones here and there, I'd totally go for the one guy.
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  30. #130
    Sex God tigerfan482's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Columbia
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    862

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Why are gay guys so promiscuous?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolyo85 View Post
    However, if I could have sex with the same guy all the time, rather than with different ones here and there, I'd totally go for the one guy.
    So what prevents this from happening?

  31. #131
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,752

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Why are gay guys so promiscuous?

    Quote Originally Posted by blackbeltninja View Post
    Ah, now, you see the trouble with trying to read between the lines is that sometimes there is nothing between the lines and you end up leaping to the wrong conclusion.

    I brought up the tax-dodge because I'm trying to work out why people would get married if not for love and commitment, which you keep reminding us are not essential for marriage. So my reply was framed in the context of that assumption and the tax dodge. I have absolutely no issue with people of any sexual bent who commit to each other having legal benefits and marriage rights.

    The tax dodge is the only other reason I can conceive of to go through the whole rigmarole. And it IS a rigmarole; the legalities of the marriage contract are far-reaching, so I assume people get married because they WANT to get married. You said it yourself - you don't need marriage for love and commitment. And here in .za, you don't need to be married to share medical insurance costs (either way, gay marriage is legal here). And nowhere do you need to be married to sort out jointly-owned property.

    In short, I stand by what I said originally.

    -d-
    Basically, I think some litmus of "HOW in love are you?" or "HOW committed are you?" is utterly irrelevant to any discussion of whether or not gay people should have equal legal access to the government contract of marriage. It's a civil rights issue plain and simple. The fact that some people assign to the word marriage itself some kind of special magical, mystical, religious, spiritual, moral or personal ruleset has absolutely no bearing on whether or not the government should observe equal access to those legal rights for everyone. Yes, I think that the great majority of people who ever get married do it with the intent, at least at that moment, of being in love and being committed to each other. But that's certainly not a requirement for the legal contract to exist. Couples cheat. Couples grow apart or fall out of love. Yet the legal rights remain regardless.

    This issue of "gay people should need to commit en masse to the use of marriage for love and commitment", while we all might agree that is its ideal use, is neither enforcible nor something relevant to whether or not gay people should have equal legal rights in the contracts defining their relationships which extend to much more than whether or not they're currently in love or currently committed-- shared property rights, inheritance rights, medical decisionmaking rights which are not otherwise recognized without extraordinarily more complicated and expensive contracts being drawn up. I've used the example before, that it's ludicrous to say that gay people should have to go into the hospital with an affadavit full of legal contracts before they're admitted to see a loved one or join in the medical consultation when a wife could simply walk in and say "I am his wife."

    The yardstick of "are you really in love and 100% committed" isn't enforcible on anyone, least of all straight people. It's not relevant to the legal contract of marriage and the rights it bestows.

  32. #132
    @ The House of Grimshaw pat grimshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    16,906
    Blog Entries
    13

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Why are gay guys so promiscuous?

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan482 View Post
    So what prevents this from happening?






  33. #133
    The Mother of Loki Laufey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Reykjavik, Iceland
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,749

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Why are gay guys so promiscuous?

    Tiger: Obviously it's more difficult to find someone you click with than someone to hump for a single night.

    What's so horrible about having fun while you are looking for something more?

    You try to justify your view but all I see is a judgmental moral snob.
    Last edited by Laufey; March 9th, 2013 at 06:49 PM.

  34. #134
    Are u haleloo ya ? Telstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    29,271

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Why are gay guys so promiscuous?

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan482 View Post
    So what prevents this from happening?
    No suitable partner prevents this.
    I can see you are single. Why ???????????????????
    Last edited by Telstra; March 9th, 2013 at 06:50 PM.


    NEVER LISTEN TO A ONE SIDED STORY AND JUDGE.

  35. #135
    Execuvette Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,923

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Why are gay guys so promiscuous?

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan482 View Post
    So what prevents this from happening?
    Lack of chemistry, circumstances or the simple fact that for most guys anything beyond "one time" means strings attached, which is usually not what I want. And it is usually not what I want not because I am some promiscuous whore, but because I don't connect easily on a level that would allow me to start a relationship. It's not even high standards, I just don't sync with that many people.
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  36. #136
    Sex God tigerfan482's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Columbia
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    862

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Why are gay guys so promiscuous?

    Quote Originally Posted by Laufey View Post
    Tiger: Obviously it's more difficult to find someone you click with than someone to hump for a single night.

    What's so horrible about having fun while you are looking for something more?

    You try to justify your view but all I see is a judgmental moral snob.
    I'm trying to understand how I've been a "judgmental moral snob." Perhaps you could enlighten me? I merely inquired as to whether it's the norm for gay gays to be more relationship averse and promiscuous. I didn't attach a positive or negative view to promiscuity. In fact, if I recall, I stated several times I'm not judging others and understand both positions. The judgment seems to be coming from your direction mostly.

  37. #137
    The Mother of Loki Laufey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Reykjavik, Iceland
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,749

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Why are gay guys so promiscuous?

    It was such a cheap shot. There are plenty of people who don't find a suitable partner for years without having a single sexual encounter in the meanwhile. The two have nothing to do with each other.

    Of course it is possible someone might be enjoying the single life too much to settle down. But to judge someone based on their number of sex partners alone is really harsh and judgmental.

  38. #138
    Sex God tigerfan482's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Columbia
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    862

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Why are gay guys so promiscuous?

    Quote Originally Posted by Telstra View Post
    No suitable partner prevents this.
    I can see you are single. Why ???????????????????
    It's hard to find someone to try to start some kind of friendship with without having to pass through the door of initial sex. Even the conversation up to the point of the evening being over seems to be just forced as a necessary evil until the sex occurs. Meeting someone, talking, hanging out, doing fun whatever and then being able to say "want to hang out again?" without having to seal the deal with sex at the end of the night is what I'm looking for. Maybe it doesn't exist. Maybe it does but in a limited amount that will take a good while to find. Either way, I was looking for the viewpoints of others on the topic.

  39. #139
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,752

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Why are gay guys so promiscuous?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolyo85 View Post
    Lack of chemistry, circumstances or the simple fact that for most guys anything beyond "one time" means strings attached, which is usually not what I want. And it is usually not what I want not because I am some promiscuous whore, but because I don't connect easily on a level that would allow me to start a relationship. It's not even high standards, I just don't sync with that many people.
    That plus I caught him eyeballin the cello player.

    I am a jealous God.

  40. #140
    The Mother of Loki Laufey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Reykjavik, Iceland
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,749

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Why are gay guys so promiscuous?

    Well at least we now know your reason for feeling this way about promiscuous people... bitterness.

    It does exist. A shame you can't manage to find it. Maybe most guys just don't like your personality that much?

  41. #141
    Execuvette Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,923

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Why are gay guys so promiscuous?

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan482 View Post
    It's hard to find someone to try to start some kind of friendship with without having to pass through the door of initial sex. Even the conversation up to the point of the evening being over seems to be just forced as a necessary evil until the sex occurs. Meeting someone, talking, hanging out, doing fun whatever and then being able to say "want to hang out again?" without having to seal the deal with sex at the end of the night is what I'm looking for. Maybe it doesn't exist. Maybe it does but in a limited amount that will take a good while to find. Either way, I was looking for the viewpoints of others on the topic.
    Weirdly, I've had many experiences just like what you are describing. I've never felt peer-pressured into making it about sex.
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  42. #142
    Execuvette Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,923

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Why are gay guys so promiscuous?

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    That plus I caught him eyeballin the cello player.

    I am a jealous God.
    Yeah, especially jealous of his tribal totems too... who knew throwing them out would cause such drama... People are better off single... -_-
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  43. #143
    Sex God tigerfan482's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Columbia
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    862

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Why are gay guys so promiscuous?

    Quote Originally Posted by Laufey View Post
    Well at least we now know your reason for feeling this way about promiscuous people... bitterness.

    It does exist. A shame you can't manage to find it. Maybe most guys just don't like your personality that much?
    What the hell is your problem? The only bitterness in this thread is coming from you. I have not attacked a single person on here for their level of sexual interaction with other people. I realize that I can have a difference of opinion with other people without hating them personally. I also realize that my life experience is limited to only what I have experienced. So when I have things like this pop up in my head, I like to get a wide variety of views to help me better understand the world I live in instead of sit bitterly (like some people) in my own limited world of experiences and think everyone is out to get me.

    If you want to meaningfully contribute, please do. If not, there has to be something else you could be doing.

  44. #144
    The Journey of a Lifetime Adrock-JD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    5,877

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Why are gay guys so promiscuous?

    Perhaps we're hard wired for novelty. Just like straight men.

    The more times we have sex with the same person the longer it takes to climax. (if it's really frequent, that is)

    Must be something evolutionary. Spreading the seed far and wide was advantageous but difficult to actually do. Now we're like Dolphins (fuck for the fun of it) with Grindr.

  45. #145
    JUB Addict maxpowr9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    8,839
    Blog Entries
    3

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Why are gay guys so promiscuous?



    Seriously, no gender or sexual identity is more promiscuous than the other. Some 'types' may be more open about it but the percentages [~40%] of how many people are promiscuous are correct.
    Last edited by maxpowr9; March 10th, 2013 at 06:00 PM.

  46. #146
    JUB Addict MorrisseyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,093

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Why are gay guys so promiscuous?

    I think some gay men are promiscious because we are afraid to fall in love with someone. If you start falling for someone that means the individual is now vulnerable and open to being hurt. Nobody wants to get hurt, so some people I am including myself here sleep around because I try to avoid getting hurt.

    I have one night stands because I know I will not get emotionally attached to someone. But I know I cannot have sex with a guy over and over again and again and it is just sex if I have feelings for the guy. And the thing about feelings at least for myself is I can't control it it is either there or it is not there.

    Sleeping around I think for some gay men is easier than having a deeper emotional connection with someone because there is no emotional ties to the other man.

  47. #147
    The Mother of Loki Laufey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Reykjavik, Iceland
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,749

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Why are gay guys so promiscuous?

    Unlike straight men?

  48. #148

    Re: Why are gay guys so promiscuous?

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan482 View Post
    It's hard to find someone to try to start some kind of friendship with without having to pass through the door of initial sex. Even the conversation up to the point of the evening being over seems to be just forced as a necessary evil until the sex occurs. Meeting someone, talking, hanging out, doing fun whatever and then being able to say "want to hang out again?" without having to seal the deal with sex at the end of the night is what I'm looking for. Maybe it doesn't exist. Maybe it does but in a limited amount that will take a good while to find. Either way, I was looking for the viewpoints of others on the topic.
    If you want to get past "the door of initial sex" as you call it then you might find that difficult if you're meeting them at one of your homes. Two gay guys, meeting for the first time, alone at one of their houses, unless they're five, are going to have sex. That's just the male sex drive kicking in. Try asking someone out to dinner or something, and make sure you both drive yourselves there. If you both are planning on driving home in your own cars, it makes it a lot less likely that sex is going to happen on the first date.

    Another idea would be to get with a group of gay friends, or make your own group. Sex doesn't happen with groups of gay friends either. Some might find this difficult, and it certainly can be so it might not work for everyone.

    Also, while I don't believe you're some bitter, unlikable, moral snob, I do think you hold some prejudices regarding sex that seem to bear a Christian(IMO) influence on the subject. Promiscuity is not nessacily something a gay guy is going to do for his entire life. I'm like Roylo, if I'm single I'm going to hook up, but I can get back into a relationship at the drop of a hat if I want to. What makes me capable of that? Because I choose to. Hook ups are only habit forming if you do them out of a fear of commitment, instead of just a funner way of getting off than watching porn. It's really not hard.

    And to all you guys out there who need some special connection before you "give yourself" to a fuck, do have a vagina or something? Seriously, the perspective that you lose a part of yourself from sex only makes sense if you're coming from the female genitals. Next time you have sex take a look at your dick afterwards. Are parts of it missing at all? Did he bite off the head or something? Come on guys, we're MEN our genitals are on the outside, sex is an external matter for us, why would you associate it with an internal process like your heart? It makes no sense.

    Pay attention to where your heart has been. That is a limited resource for us all, but your cock? Give me a break.
    Don't do scat, kids. It means you're a Republican.

  49. #149
    Huntneo(PT)
    Guest

    Re: Why are gay guys so promiscuous?

    This thread needs a song:






    Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin View Post
    And to all you guys out there who need some special connection before you "give yourself" to a fuck, do have a vagina or something? Seriously, the perspective that you lose a part of yourself from sex only makes sense if you're coming from the female genitals. Next time you have sex take a look at your dick afterwards. Are parts of it missing at all? Did he bite off the head or something? Come on guys, we're MEN our genitals are on the outside, sex is an external matter for us, why would you associate it with an internal process like your heart? It makes no sense.
    You were doing great...until that bit. I hope you weren't serious.

    And if you were...it's still hilarious.

    There's a lot of preaching being done in this thread about understanding people's differences in preferences/comfort/boundaries, etc. when it comes to sex and how (and who and when) they choose to 'share themselves' with others. You're doing a shit job at contributing. Your post isn't far from what you are subtly insinuating that the OP has done.

  50. #150

    Re: Why are gay guys so promiscuous?

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntneo(PT) View Post
    This thread needs a song:








    You were doing great...until that bit. I hope you weren't serious.

    And if you were...it's still hilarious.

    There's a lot of preaching being done in this thread about understanding people's differences in preferences/comfort/boundaries, etc. when it comes to sex and how (and who and when) they choose to 'share themselves' with others. You're doing a shit job at contributing. Your post isn't far from what you are subtly insinuating that the OP has done.
    Hmmm, so are my prejudices, do you think, Christian, anti-Christian, or lapsed Catholic? Any of those could apply to me.

    I'm glad you thought the part about biting the head of was funny. It was supposed to be, lol.
    Don't do scat, kids. It means you're a Republican.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.