JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

remove these banner ads by becoming a JUB Supporter.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23
Results 101 to 135 of 135
  1. #101
    Execuvette Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,811

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Income Inequality Flash Video

    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    No tigersfan, your analogy fails to account for all the masses of additional people the liberals want on the ship before the drowning. You more interested in sinking the ship than in saving the drowning.
    Well, we just aren't blind and can see that the additional people have tools to repair the ship ^_^

    And [Text: Removed] immigration has ground to a halt in the US.... But blame all your low income problems on immigrants by all means. Your masters want you to hate someone after all. You can't disappoint.
    Last edited by opinterph; March 12th, 2013 at 05:06 PM. Reason: removed personal insult; excessive baiting
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  2. #102

    Re: Income Inequality Flash Video

    No, we still bring in a million legal immigrants and no one knows how many illegal. The simple truth is [Text: Removed] poor and unemployed Americans, being robbed of their chance for a better life by the endless flood of immigrants.
    Last edited by opinterph; March 12th, 2013 at 05:03 PM. Reason: removed demeaning characterization; personal commentary

  3. #103
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: Income Inequality Flash Video

    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    No, we still bring in a million legal immigrants and no one knows how many illegal. The simple truth is [Text: Removed] poor and unemployed Americans, being robbed of their chance for a better life by the endless flood of immigrants.
    They are coming in here legally. And birth rates for whites in this country is quite low. Immigration is necessary. Simple damn truth. And what endless flood of immigrants? IMMIGRATION IS DOWN, NOT UP.

    http://abcnews.go.com/ABC_Univision/...ry?id=17894215 - Immigration down to the lowest level in six years.

    Illegal immigration to the United States has rapidly declined over the past several years, leading to a sigificant drop in the nation's undocumented population.
    http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2012/...ng-immigrants/ - And even birth rates among immigrant women is down significantly. It's even lower for whites. So I think this country needs immigrants as the work force ages and the birth rate plunges.
    Last edited by opinterph; March 12th, 2013 at 05:01 PM. Reason: removed verbiage quoted from another poster

  4. #104
    JUB Addict maxpowr9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    8,839
    Blog Entries
    3

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Income Inequality Flash Video

    A socialist loves other people's money because the have very little themselves. 'Go get your own' is my mentality.

  5. #105
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: Income Inequality Flash Video

    Quote Originally Posted by maxpowr9 View Post
    A socialist loves other people's money because the have very little themselves. 'Go get your own' is my mentality.
    Anymore sweeping generalizations?

    That's the kind of attitude that got America into the 2008 recession.

  6. #106
    Execuvette Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,811

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Income Inequality Flash Video

    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    No, we still bring in a million legal immigrants and no one knows how many illegal. The simple truth is you don't give a damn about the poor and unemployed Americans, being robbed of their chance for a better life by the endless flood of immigrants.
    First of all, you have no proof of this number, nor a period of time over which it is "being brought" (you do realize nobody can bring people in the country, right? They either come on their own, or they don't).

    Second, yes, I don't give a damn about them. I don't see "poor and unemployed Americans" in any way more special than anyone else who is in the country legally. A legal immigrant has the chance to become a citizen after a few years. To become American. Do you have a mental switch that suddenly flips and now you care deeply about them?

    [Text: Removed] Nobody is being "robbed" of a chance for a better life. In fact, Americans have VASTLY better chance at getting ANY job they want than an immigrant. I say this as an immigrant myself - there are draconian restrictions in place for us that Americans aren't shackled by. Nor should they be of course - citizens should have better opportunities than those who aren't yet citizens. I am just saying it to point out that you have NOT A SINGLE CLUE as to what you're talking about.

    Fourth, what flood? Do you know how many green cards the diversity visa lottery actually gives each year? 50 000, with 5000 additional ones for special cases. Can you tell me how much is that compared to your fabled "million"?
    Last edited by opinterph; March 12th, 2013 at 05:00 PM. Reason: removed baiting remarks
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  7. #107
    Virtus in medio stat JUB Admin opinterph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jawja
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    21,321
    Blog Entries
    14

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Income Inequality Flash Video

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolyo85 View Post
    First of all, you have no proof of this number, nor a period of time over which it is "being brought"
    Generally speaking, there are approximately 1 million new immigrants (permanent residents) admitted to the US each year.


  8. #108
    Sex God tigerfan482's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Columbia
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    862

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Income Inequality Flash Video

    Quote Originally Posted by opinterph View Post
    Generally speaking, there are approximately 1 million new immigrants (permanent residents) admitted to the US each year.

    But about 600,000 of those each year are change of status, which means they are already here under some other program and are simply changing their status. Plus, the numbers go up and down based on numerous factors, including economic considerations. The real number of new arrivals each year is between 400,000 and 500,000. This info is on pages 18 and 19 of the link you posted.

  9. #109
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: Income Inequality Flash Video

    Quote Originally Posted by opinterph View Post
    Generally speaking, there are approximately 1 million new immigrants (permanent residents) admitted to the US each year.

    I posted source indicating a sharp decline in the last few years of immigration.

  10. #110
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    102,773
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Income Inequality Flash Video

    Quote Originally Posted by bankside View Post
    Efficient licensing (which government may or may not opt to do, depending on the expectations of voters) would restrict only those behaviours found to be economically damaging. Certainly in a free market, people could agree through a contract to limit economically damaging behaviours. However, negotiating and establishing this on a contract-by-contract basis may be inefficient and in itself economically damaging. That is where regulation can provide a baseline.

    For example, I could negotiate a contract with my doctor specifying certain performance expectations and qualifications that another patient might not have. But in requiring my doctor to have specific training, two other factors impose:
    • As a non-expert, I and other patients are at a disadvantage in knowing what kind of training to specify in a one-off contract;
    • It is reasonable to ask whether another patient would want the freedom to have an unskilled and untrained doctor performing critical treatments.


    Since the number of patients whose economic freedom would be constrained by the inability to pick an incompetent doctor is vanishingly small, and since the individual consumer is beset with problems in negotiating a private contract, a regulation provides a baseline that reduces economic damage. (and saves lives, but that's separate from the economic freedom argument.)
    Ah, the medical situation.... government licensing in that realm limits the supply of doctors in an insidiously subtle fashion. If you trace the supply of doctors back to its source, it turns out that the only body allowed by the government to certify medical schools is deliberately limiting the number of medical schools in order to keep the supply of doctors limited, in order to keep medical incomes high. The country needs more doctors, but can't produce them because the supply of schools for educating doctors is limited, and the number of students permitted at those schools also restricted.

    That's why the first thing any health care legislation should have done was to break the unconstitutional monopoly on the supply of doctors by establishing two dozen new medical schools not under the control of the A.M.A.


    Though perhaps I misunderstand the situation, because the problem actually must be that immigrants are screwing the system up....

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  11. #111
    Virtus in medio stat JUB Admin opinterph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jawja
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    21,321
    Blog Entries
    14

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Income Inequality Flash Video

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan482 View Post
    But about 600,000 of those each year are change of status, which means they are already here under some other program and are simply changing their status. Plus, the numbers go up and down based on numerous factors, including economic considerations. The real number of new arrivals each year is between 400,000 and 500,000. This info is on pages 18 and 19 of the link you posted.
    Well, okay. But in terms of the number of persons granted permanent status, the number is closer to a million, yes?

  12. #112
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    102,773
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Income Inequality Flash Video

    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    You cannot logically talk about income inequality--the subject of this thread-- without talking about the massive influx of new poor. You cannot talk about your boat filling with water without mentioning the hole in the bottom. The liberal answer is, don't plug the hole, leave the hole and pull down the sails.

    [COLOR="silver"]- - - Updated - - -[/
    The "hole in the bottom", as you call it, is the government system of funneling wealth upward instead of outward.

    Better, your analogy is wrong: the problem is not that there is a hole in the boat, the problem is that we have a boat with plenty of room for new passengers to join the cruise in comfort, except that half a percent of the passengers insist on keeping half the boat to themselves -- with the connivance of the crew.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  13. #113
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    102,773
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Income Inequality Flash Video

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolyo85 View Post
    What about the influx of new rich? Of new educated? Of new knowledge, skills and innovation? Sugarplum, that's the ONLY way a country really ever evolves. And historically, that's definitely how the US has ALWAYS evolved - through influx of new people to bring new ideas and new blood. You think of hordes of barbaric brown people coming from the south when you say "immigration" when that's a negligibly small percentage of the actual immigration into the US.

    I am an immigrant. [Text: Removed], but I am a highly skillful professional (so far, by all accounts, more skilled than you) and I benefit the community I am currently living in through my skills. I compete for every position I take same as everyone else, and I am picked because I bring competitive skills. Not because some black magic makes people ignore Americans in favor of evil immigrants.

    Oh, and I'm also white. [Text: Removed]
    This brings to mind another bit of information I learned in sociology class and have no reason to doubt continues to be the case: the value of education to immigrants far exceeds that to the "assimilated", a situation that pertains for roughly three generations; the s=result is that regardless of the educational level of adult immigrants, the general educational competence of the American public is raised by the children and grandchildren of those immigrants.

    The Republican response to this has been to insist that educated visitors to this country, who are generally already 'assimilated' after just a few years, have to go to the back of the line and wait among the uneducated applicants for immigration... thus actually reducing the educational level of the general population.
    Last edited by opinterph; March 12th, 2013 at 04:58 PM. Reason: removed verbiage quoted from another poster

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  14. #114
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    102,773
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Income Inequality Flash Video

    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    This thread is about the increasing mass of poor people at the bottom, who are, without doubt being held down by the need to compete for the jobs which do not require extensive education or skills.
    The obvious solution, if that is the case, is that all those on the bottom should form one vast union in order to lock out additional poor workers, so that they can use the power of their common bond to demand higher incomes.


    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  15. #115
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: Income Inequality Flash Video

    Quote Originally Posted by opinterph View Post
    Well, okay. But in terms of the number of persons granted permanent status, the number is closer to a million, yes?
    There are people leaving this country too.

  16. #116
    Sex God tigerfan482's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Columbia
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    862

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Income Inequality Flash Video

    Quote Originally Posted by opinterph View Post
    Well, okay. But in terms of the number of persons granted permanent status, the number is closer to a million, yes?
    Yes, but that's something completely different from the claim of letting in millions of immigrants every year. The actual number we let in is around half a million. The others are already here so don't count as people we're just letting in.

  17. #117
    FEAR THE LIBERAL DETENTE! TX-Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Austin
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    8,364

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Income Inequality Flash Video

    It's also wrong to think that all migrant labor wants to live here. If they had a guaranteed, legal passage back and forth across the border, a butt load of them would come for the season, then go home. It would save them butt loads of cash. Fear of not being able to get back, makes them stay.
    ATTACK OF THE LIBERAL ELITE

  18. #118
    JUB Addict maxpowr9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    8,839
    Blog Entries
    3

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Income Inequality Flash Video

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    The obvious solution, if that is the case, is that all those on the bottom should form one vast union in order to lock out additional poor workers, so that they can use the power of their common bond to demand higher incomes.

    That sounds borderline fascist because the people already at the higher incomes will suppress the lower income people.

  19. #119
    FEAR THE LIBERAL DETENTE! TX-Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Austin
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    8,364

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Income Inequality Flash Video

    Actually that sounds borderline borderline fascist.
    ATTACK OF THE LIBERAL ELITE

  20. #120
    PerScientiam AdJustitiam bankside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Middle of Snowwhere.
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married (to a man)
    Posts
    16,314
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Income Inequality Flash Video

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    Ah, the medical situation.... government licensing in that realm limits the supply of doctors in an insidiously subtle fashion. If you trace the supply of doctors back to its source, it turns out that the only body allowed by the government to certify medical schools is deliberately limiting the number of medical schools in order to keep the supply of doctors limited, in order to keep medical incomes high. The country needs more doctors, but can't produce them because the supply of schools for educating doctors is limited, and the number of students permitted at those schools also restricted.

    That's why the first thing any health care legislation should have done was to break the unconstitutional monopoly on the supply of doctors by establishing two dozen new medical schools not under the control of the A.M.A.


    Though perhaps I misunderstand the situation, because the problem actually must be that immigrants are screwing the system up....
    Actually I have seen exactly that situation occur. My idiot province decided to elect a good conservative government in the early 90's that cut the budget not by making a careful analysis of each program and budget line, but by assuming each department was exactly 20% wasteful. Within departments and health authorities, they had a bit more discretion to divvy out the leftovers. In post-secondary education the universities cut medical school positions in half because its an expensive program. Within 5 years of turning out half the number of doctors, we had a doctor shortage and a professional medical association that was able to command a premium in their pay.

    So that would be an example of "inefficiency…which governments may opt to do."

    Certainly we need more doctors. But not any self-proclaimed doctor; some efficient regulation would still be a good thing to weed out the people we (or at least I) wouldn't want operating on me.

    Another example would be taxi service. They use taxi licensing not to ensure drivers meet a professional standard, but to cater to a monopoly interest. It's not that regulation is a problem, it is the type of regulation.
    Americans need to keep their guns so they can protect themselves from gun violence just like Nancy Lanza did. And like Chris Kyle did. And like Gabby Giffords did. And like Tom Clements did. And like Michael Piemonte. And Joseph Wilcox.

  21. #121
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,602

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Income Inequality Flash Video

    Quote Originally Posted by maxpowr9 View Post
    A socialist loves other people's money because the have very little themselves. 'Go get your own' is my mentality.
    Thank you for that fortune cookie bit of political wisdom [Text: Removed] Here's a word for you. Cognitive dissonance.

    Quote Originally Posted by opinterph View Post
    Generally speaking, there are approximately 1 million new immigrants (permanent residents) admitted to the US each year.

    In fairness though of that million, a fairly large amount are people with some kind of saleable or professional skill, frequently in fields lacking sufficient qualified applicants domestically (large numbers of Filipina nurses or medical support staff, as an example) and not all are from the third world or come in as the sort of "parasitic immigrant mass of unskilled labor" that Benvolio reduces all immigrants into.
    Last edited by opinterph; March 14th, 2013 at 11:34 PM. Reason: removed interpersonal commentary

  22. #122
    JUB Addicts kev's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Posts
    1,348

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Income Inequality Flash Video

    Don't listen to them Benvolio...there are lots of us here who agree with your premise and support you here at JUB. Maybe they just shy away from abuse.

    Notice how no one has cited an example in history where communism or socialism ever has worked well in the long term.

    On the other hand:



    I know one thing...I am not going to work my ass off ad infinitum, just to have the financial rewards of my efforts handed off to someone else, any more than I would study hard in school, only to have my good grades given to someone else at the diminution of mine (to cite one example).

    Just about everyone is a capitalist when it comes to their own money...and those who aren't tend to be nuns and monastics.

  23. #123
    JUB Addicts kev's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Posts
    1,348

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Income Inequality Flash Video

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    [Quoted Post: Removed]
    I don't want to say anything, but the teeth in your avatar are SO SEXY!!!
    Last edited by opinterph; March 12th, 2013 at 04:55 PM. Reason: removed verbiage quoted from another poster

  24. #124
    Execuvette Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,811

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Income Inequality Flash Video

    Quote Originally Posted by kev View Post
    Don't listen to them Benvolio...there are lots of us here who agree with your premise and support you here at JUB. Maybe they just shy away from abuse.
    As well they should. [Text: Removed] Luckily for JUB, I have a high degree of certainty that you are, in fact, wrong in this claim ^_^ There's hardly a handful of you, and it's all adorably pitiful.

    Quote Originally Posted by kev View Post
    Notice how no one has cited an example in history where communism or socialism ever has worked well in the long term.
    Most of north-western Europe. Not that you seem to have any notion of what "socialism" actually means. And Communism is a failed perversion of socialist ideas that nobody anywhere considers viable outside of a few strongholds of oppression that have nothing to do with Western civilization. Throwing that word around as if anyone on the left is supporting it, is about as misrepresenting as Benvolio's use of "immigrants" to say "undocumented, illegal, low-skill immigrants".


    Quote Originally Posted by kev View Post
    I know one thing...I am not going to work my ass off ad infinitum, just to have the financial rewards of my efforts handed off to someone else, any more than I would study hard in school, only to have my good grades given to someone else at the diminution of mine (to cite one example).

    Just about everyone is a capitalist when it comes to their own money...and those who aren't tend to be nuns and monastics.
    Actually, you will, because there's no way for you to not pay taxes. I find it hilarious that people keep bitching about paying taxes, when they use the benefits of those daily. But that's the Libertarian spirit - "I only want to pay for what I personally use, and nothing moire". Yet you don't pay health insurance only when sick, eh?
    Last edited by opinterph; March 12th, 2013 at 04:51 PM. Reason: removed indirect insults; baiting remarks
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  25. #125
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: Income Inequality Flash Video

    Quote Originally Posted by kev View Post
    there are lots of us here who agree with your premise and support you here at JUB. Maybe they just shy away from abuse.
    LOL. Like whom? I see a overwhelming majority of people here disagreeing with his [Text: Removed] viewpoints.

    Notice how no one has cited an example in history where communism or socialism ever has worked well in the long term.
    Mixed economics works better than that crap Friedman spewed. Social Democracy, a mixed economy with respect to its people. Not that greedy selfishness that Friedman advocated.

    I know one thing...I am not going to work my ass off ad infinitum, just to have the financial rewards of my efforts handed off to someone else, any more than I would study hard in school, only to have my good grades given to someone else at the diminution of mine (to cite one example).
    And who are the ones being given handouts? Corporations. Massive tax breaks. Tax breaks numbering in the billions. So who is getting handouts? There are people who work 70-80 work weeks and barely have enough money to put food on the table.

    Just about everyone is a capitalist when it comes to their own money...and those who aren't tend to be nuns and monastics.
    Oh nonsense.
    Last edited by opinterph; March 12th, 2013 at 04:49 PM. Reason: removed demeaning personal characterization

  26. #126

    Re: Income Inequality Flash Video

    Immigrants who want socialism or social democracy should go to such a country, should they not? Voting for high taxes on Americans to pay for socialist programs for themselves is just begging. Not the quality of people we should be bringing in.

  27. #127
    Execuvette Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,811

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Income Inequality Flash Video

    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    Immigrants who want socialism or social democracy should go to such a country, should they not? Voting for high taxes on Americans to pay for socialist programs for themselves is just begging. Not the quality of people we should be bringing in.
    Ignoring your implied attack at me, are you aware that immigrants CAN'T vote for anything in America? EVERYONE who votes for "high taxes on America to pay for socialist programs" is ALSO American.
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  28. #128
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    102,773
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Income Inequality Flash Video

    Quote Originally Posted by kev View Post
    I know one thing...I am not going to work my ass off ad infinitum, just to have the financial rewards of my efforts handed off to someone else, any more than I would study hard in school, only to have my good grades given to someone else at the diminution of mine (to cite one example).
    The problem is that under the present tax system, set up by Republicans, you're doing exactly this, and that will continue to be the case so long as people with lots of unearned income are rewarded for getting money they didn't work for.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  29. #129
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    102,773
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Income Inequality Flash Video

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolyo85 View Post
    I find it hilarious that people keep bitching about paying taxes, when they use the benefits of those daily. But that's the Libertarian spirit - "I only want to pay for what I personally use, and nothing moire". Yet you don't pay health insurance only when sick, eh?
    That's not the "libertarian spirit", it's the propertarian spirit. Actual libertarians support what increases liberty for all, which means (in general) anything that hinders or reduces the concentration of power in any institution at all.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  30. #130
    Execuvette Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,811

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Income Inequality Flash Video

    It's barely on the political radar and already there are major divisions in it?
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  31. #131

    Re: Income Inequality Flash Video

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    That's not the "libertarian spirit", it's the propertarian spirit. Actual libertarians support what increases liberty for all, which means (in general) anything that hinders or reduces the concentration of power in any institution at all.
    Alas, your brand of "libertarianism" is a prescription for authoritarianism. High taxes as "liberty" is Orwellian double speak.

  32. #132
    JUB 10k Club
    CTF's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    El corazón de Tejas
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    20,054
    Blog Entries
    23

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Income Inequality Flash Video

    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    Alas, your brand of "libertarianism" is a prescription for authoritarianism. High taxes as "liberty" is Orwellian double speak.
    No Sir, it shows me that he's attempting to work within the current construct.

    Because within that construct it accepts accountability, and then attempts to move forward.
    Never regret anything, because in that moment it's exactly what you wanted.

  33. #133
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: Income Inequality Flash Video

    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    Immigrants who want socialism or social democracy should go to such a country, should they not? Voting for high taxes on Americans to pay for socialist programs for themselves is just begging. Not the quality of people we should be bringing in.
    What a pile of crap... I am a US voting citizen. And yes, I'll continue to vote for higher taxes on the rich. Meanwhile what you have advocated is destroying this country.

  34. #134
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: Income Inequality Flash Video

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolyo85 View Post
    It's barely on the political radar and already there are major divisions in it?
    Libertarianism won't ever be a major factor in politics... it's not in any other western country for example. Libertarians have serious consistency problems. One can't have social freedom when businesses are given a free reign to do whatever they want.

  35. #135
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,602

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Income Inequality Flash Video

    Quote Originally Posted by GiancarloC View Post
    What a pile of crap... I am a US voting citizen. And yes, I'll continue to vote for higher taxes on the rich. Meanwhile what you have advocated is destroying this country.
    But Giancarlo, cutting taxes on the rich creates JOBS! Don't you remember that booming economy resulting from Bush's policies? *Crickets chirping*

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.