Gay
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Re: Bob Woodward blasts President Obama ‘madness’

Quote Originally Posted by JayHawk View Post
    Yeah... but what is the definition of leadership? Taking a bunch of dissimilar folks and getting them moving in the same direction...Obama has led on all fronts:
    Gay Rights
    Healthcare
    Ending Wars
    Supporting revolution against oppressive regimes
    Gun policy on the table
    Immigration on the table
    Budget control front and center....

Honestly he has tackled a ton of issues while being opposed on every front by a do nothing congress. That is miraculous leadership. Because it comes out of the swamp of Washington it smells funny but it is leadership none the less.
    Now I never said Obama wasn't a leader or not good at it. I said when it comes to this, he doesn't want the responsibility. I mean, no President would want the responsibility. You don't want to be the one with the dripping pen telling everyday Americans, you can't help them today because their budget was cut.

The bill to give him the choice of what to cut was a "no balls" by Congress for him talking shit on them. He pretty much told them "yeah, I have no balls" so what are you going to do now.

Giancarlo, Obama is playing politics. He is a politicians and to get things done your way in Washington, especially when it is with the opposition, you have to play the game. I understand Obama is your mesiah, but you really have to be critical of him sometimes. This sequester deal is politics with some real world impacts.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

The only guy getting played are those buying the theater. I see it for what it is and it will be effective. Keep popping your bubble gum and kicking your feet. You'll catch up some day.
    Don't let your large head prevent u from sleeping

The pres is a dishorable guy who's more interested in demonizing his opponent than fixing the mess

Orientation
    Gay

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by chance1 View Post
    Don't let your large head prevent u from sleeping

The pres is a dishorable guy who's more interested in demonizing his opponent than fixing the mess
    I believe you're referring to the Republican Congress..?

JUB 10k Club
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Political theater or not the cuts are going to happen. Both sides are playing chicken to see who gets the blame. Which ever side takes it in the teeth will get the majority of their ideas incorporated into the solution.

I think the most telling part for Obama is his refusal to accept essentially line item authority on the budget. Even though the Senate failed to give a plan that would allow Obama to select the cuts instead of the meat cleaver approach, had Obama chosen to support that idea he could make the necessary cuts. I believe that is what will play the best. Many governors in divided states have either been given or wrangled that authority and subsequently balanced their budgets. The Administration is afraid the backlash of losing support after choosing cuts will hamper or eliminate any movement they have for other monumental issues like immigration reform, gun policy, and making long term structural improvements to medicare.

It shall be interesting theater. Those of you joking about the cuts to specific thing not having a consequence across the country should hope to have decent savings. When all of the department of defense civilian employees take a 20% cut in pay so will economic activity across the country. The small companies that depend upon reliable defense spending will crumble and so will all of the support industries in the towns they are located. Like it or not we have ridden out the economic storm because of government spending. Cutting that life line to our economy will be like cutting your airline underwater.

Still if we must hurt ourselves to get some movement and decisions out of both the executive and the legislature then we must. We have not really moved forward on fixing these issues for almost five years now. It is time.
    I'll put my lunch money on ^ that observation.
    Favorite comment quote read on Youtube: "My Laptop fell off the back of the boat, and now I have a Dell Rolling in the Deep."

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

^ And I would concur with that as well.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by GiancarloC View Post
    He's more interested in demonizing his opponent than fixing the mess? LOL. That's ironic considering the source.
    Droll, isn't it?

Sex God

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I'm surprised that a member of the press even said this. I use the term "press" loosely.
    Last edited by Durango95; March 2nd, 2013 at 07:27 AM.

JUB 10k Club
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by Durango95 View Post
    I'm surprised that a member of the press even said this. I use the term "press" loosely.
    Corporate whores/shills would be more accurate.

To be fair, the knee jerk reaction from the left would suggest that Woodward might actually have something to say on this matter.

He was after all critical of Bush43 too.
    Favorite comment quote read on Youtube: "My Laptop fell off the back of the boat, and now I have a Dell Rolling in the Deep."

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

good piece that some (not many) might read and learn from - gain an insight

Kathleen Parker - OMG did she just right this? will she "regret" doing so ? oooooo

some pearls

Again, Woodward’s kneecaps are probably safe, but the challenge to his facts, and therefore to his character, was unusual, given Woodward’s stature. And, how, by the way, might Woodward come to regret it? Sperling’s words, though measured, could be read as: “You’ll never set foot in this White House again.”
    Woodward, almost 70, is Washington’s Reporter Emeritus. His facts stand up to scrutiny. His motivations withstand the test of objectivity. Sperling obviously assumed that Woodward wouldn’t take offense at the suggestion that he not only was wrong but was also endangering his valuable proximity to power.
    More to the point, the Obama White House is, to put it politely, fudging as it tries to place the onus of the sequester on Congress. And, as has become customary, officials are using the Woodward spat to distract attention. As Woodward put it: “This is the old trick . . . of making the press . . . the issue, rather than what the White House has done here.”
    the president's team does him and the country a disservice with this bullshit

and the president as the "boss" is responsible

period

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinio...2df_story.html

JUB Addict
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Nobody is writing off anything, but the constant misinterpretation of articles doesn't really surprise me. The news media relations shouldn't be priority number one for the administration... there are more important matters to deal with. What is it the public wants to take note of? Thanks for more of the same faux neutrality.

Oh and if reporters aren't doing their jobs well that isn't the fault of the administration. Most mainstream press is owned by one or two corporations. So I don't see the issue here. All that balance of power talk is pretty much nonsense.
    Apologist.

Even the more left-leaning members of the press admit that the Obama administration has been more opaque and vindictive than GWB's. That's saying a lot for how bad it is. If you read the stories coming out of politico, you'd understand truly how much the administration is interfering with reporters.

The fact of the matter is that any time any member of the press writes anything negative about the president or his policies, the White House lashes out and does everything in their power to a) Limit access to the White House, b) Smear the reporter that wrote the article, and c) Lean heavily on that reporter's news outlet to take action against the reporter. The instances of this happening are clear and unambiguous.

JUB Addict
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Not an apologist at all. I'm telling the truth as I see it. I am not an apologist for anyone and I'm not affiliated with either major political party. I will state my own opinions. Politico... debatable at best what they put out. Regardless of where they stand politically. And as far as policies, glad to see some having balls to defend their policies.
    It is intimidation of the press to force a narrative that is not true. It is the type of tactics one would expect out of the previous administration, not from this one. There is a big difference between defending policies and freezing out the press when they print negative things about those policies. One is censorship, while the other is how our system is supposed to work in the first place.

Politico is not debatable. If anything, they lean left, and have for quite a while.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by JB3 View Post
    It is intimidation of the press to force a narrative that is not true. It is the type of tactics one would expect out of the previous administration, not from this one. There is a big difference between defending policies and freezing out the press when they print negative things about those policies. One is censorship, while the other is how our system is supposed to work in the first place.

Politico is not debatable. If anything, they lean left, and have for quite a while.
    Politico is the National Inquirer of news sources and I would actually put them below Fox News as a viable source.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails crmlu130301.jpg  

Orientation
    Gay

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Apologist.

Even the more left-leaning members of the press admit that the Obama administration has been more opaque and vindictive than GWB's. That's saying a lot for how bad it is. If you read the stories coming out of politico, you'd understand truly how much the administration is interfering with reporters.

The fact of the matter is that any time any member of the press writes anything negative about the president or his policies, the White House lashes out and does everything in their power to a) Limit access to the White House, b) Smear the reporter that wrote the article, and c) Lean heavily on that reporter's news outlet to take action against the reporter. The instances of this happening are clear and unambiguous.
    You have got to be kidding. We are talking about the same Bush Administration that fired generals for not giving them the information they wanted to hear?

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Career move suggestion for Woodward: Pope.
    ...with history the final judge of our deeds. - JFK

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Frankly, I think Woodward is going senile.

I read the email....I think the old girl just grabbed the wrong end of the stick.

The tone and the substance of the email was not threatening...it was more of a caution that by taking the position he was...he would be proven to not only be wrong, but to look like an idiot.

Well he certainly looks like an idiot.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by maxpowr9 View Post
    Politico is the National Inquirer of news sources and I would actually put them below Fox News as a viable source.
    Wow talk about bullshit

Politico director Jim Vandehei does a weekly MJ appearance. Check it

He's anything but a nut or far anything

He broke the admin treats the press corps like shit story couple weeks back

As for GC you're standard wont read won't consider anything negative about Obama has reached epic proportion

Time to turn the dial (for me)

No need for your auto play to take up real life
    Last edited by chance1; March 3rd, 2013 at 07:21 AM.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by rareboy View Post

I read the email....I think the old girl just grabbed the wrong end of the stick.

The tone and the substance of the email was not threatening...it was more of a caution that by taking the position he was...he would be proven to not only be wrong, but to look like an idiot.

Well luckily for Woodward he has lived a life that speaks for itself

And has credibility

His smearers - "he's senile" - not at all

Keep flailing - it's reflexive I know

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I think the most telling part for Obama is his refusal to accept essentially line item authority on the budget.
    The president was not offered authority to select the cuts. One cannot "refuse to accept" that which he has not been offered.

The president does not support being offered the authority to make selective cuts, because that does not address the problem. Taxes need to be reformed, and the Republicans refuse to negotiate tax reform.

Even though the Senate failed to give a plan that would allow Obama to select the cuts instead of the meat cleaver approach...
    Exactly.

had Obama chosen to support that idea he could make the necessary cuts.
    "Making the necessary cuts" would not be a solution to the problem. The issue is tax reform, not just spending cuts.

The Administration is afraid the backlash of losing support after choosing cuts will hamper or eliminate any movement they have for other monumental issues like immigration reform, gun policy, and making long term structural improvements to medicare.
    I don't doubt that the administration would be afraid of the backlash from making cuts to people. But that is the point. The administration does not believe that cutting worthwhile programs and people is necessary, when tax reform is a better solution to the problem.

Regrettably, the Republican Party will not allow the problem to be dealt with appropriately.

Those of you joking about the cuts to specific thing not having a consequence across the country should hope to have decent savings. When all of the department of defense civilian employees take a 20% cut in pay so will economic activity across the country. The small companies that depend upon reliable defense spending will crumble and so will all of the support industries in the towns they are located. Like it or not we have ridden out the economic storm because of government spending. Cutting that life line to our economy will be like cutting your airline underwater.
    Exactly. That's why it would be irresponsible of the president to support only the ability for him to make cuts. What he needs is the ability to raise revenue through tax reform.

We have not really moved forward on fixing these issues for almost five years now. It is time.
    Exactly. We have had a major party which has refused to participate in the governmental process for five years now. It has been rendered incompetent by virtue of its internal dysfunction.

Just this morning, Mitch McConnell appeared on CNN, claiming the sequester was great, even as John Boehner was on Meet the Press, saying it was terrible and must be stopped.

Republicans refuse to negotiate on the sequester, and can't even seem to decide what policy they want to support. America is paralyzed by the failure within the Republican Party.
    Last edited by T-Rexx; March 3rd, 2013 at 08:43 AM.

Orientation
    Gay

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by T-Rexx View Post
    I don't doubt that the administration would be afraid of the backlash from making cuts to people. But that is the point. The administration does not believe that cutting worthwhile programs and people is necessary, when tax reform is a better solution to the problem.

Regrettably, the Republican Party will not allow the problem to be dealt with appropriately.

My position as well. The fact that the Republican minority (emphasis mine) has staunchly adopted a position of: absolutely no tax increase, it must be spending cuts, but we refuse to say what should be cut and attach ourselves to those unpopular cuts drives me nuts. If you want to be backseat lost election majorities from a minority position, then own all of it and propose the cuts. If not, deal with big bad Obama being difficult pursuing what he was re-elected to do and not what the Republican minority feels he should do.

Not leading the way the lost party WANTS him to =/= "he isn't leading." And not using his mandate to carry out the will of the Republican minority =/= "utterly won't compromise." Particularly considering that at this point, Boehner is little but a hostage to the will of the Tea Party.
    Last edited by xbuzzerx; March 3rd, 2013 at 10:47 AM.

Banned

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Any lengths to defend Obama .. even the destruction of liberal leaning journalist.

... maybe Woodward hates black presidents.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I would like to see some people who are actually affected by these cuts (and any cuts people plan on making) actually write some opinion pieces on the matter. All I see is bullshit from people who have plenty of money and jobs that are unaffected by the cuts (most of them being "journalists") who really wouldn't be affected no matter what happens. It's easy to play around with the livelihoods of others when you're not personally affected by any of it. It's the same shit you see when politicians like to push to send other people's kids to war while keeping their's safely here at home.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

THE DESTRUCTION OF A LIBERAL LEANING JOURNALIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE EVISCERATION OF A CARD-CARRYING PARTY MEMBER!!!!!

THE... something... of... some... one...

Jack, when will you finally come to terms with the simple fact that liberals aren't a herd, and when one of ours is wrong, we don't stay quiet like you guys do? It isn't THAT complex of an idea, is it?

...don't answer that...
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Yeah, everything this president has done for the LGBT community, and still the Christianist white supremacists among us can't see him as anything else but "black".
    - Gene Wolfe

JUB Addict

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by Rolyo85 View Post
    Yeah, everything this president has done for the LGBT community, and still the Christianist white supremacists among us can't see him as anything else but "black".
    That right. The Outcasts can't deal with the fact that a black man WAS ELECTED TWO TIMES!! Altho the election was 4 months ago they're still wetting their pants over it. They're nipping at his heels with every move the President makes, criticizing his every word, his every turn.

These bed wetters are sore losers and will never accept that a black man is their President.

Just wait until a woman is elected President. The Outcasts will wear out their keyboards criticizing her 24/7.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Well, considering the bolded quote three posts above yours, your feelings seem to be incorrect.
    - Gene Wolfe

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    Any lengths to defend Obama .. even the destruction of liberal leaning journalist.

... maybe Woodward hates black presidents.
    Well to begin with. The email 'threat' wasn't from Obama.

Here it is girls:

Here's an excerpt from Sperling:

I apologize for raising my voice in our conversation today. I do understand your problems with a couple of our statements in the fall -- but feel on the other hand that you focus on a few specific trees that gives a very wrong perception of the forest. But perhaps we will just not see eye to eye here. But I do truly believe you should rethink your comment about saying saying that Potus asking for revenues is moving the goal post. I know you may not believe this, but as a friend, I think you will regret staking out that claim ... My apologies again for raising my voice on the call with you. Feel bad about that and truly apologize.
    Woodward, who would later profess to be unnerved by Sperling's email, replied very calmly:

Gene: You do not ever have to apologize to me. You get wound up because you are making your points and you believe them. This is all part of a serious discussion. I for one welcome a little heat; there should more given the importance. I also welcome your personal advice.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2781052.html

Now how the Hell that is supposed to be an existential threat is totally beyond me.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Well to begin with. The email 'threat' wasn't from Obama.

Here it is girls:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2781052.html

Now how the Hell that is supposed to be an existential threat is totally beyond me.
    sperling works for Obama my good man - he is an extension of the President

see Kathleen Parker's take on the matter - wash. post - previously posted by moi (that's french for me)

and how the Obama admin "handles" the press and why it's dangerous

see the Politico.com take on the obama admin keeps the press at bay - jim vandehei who YOU watch on MJ weekly don't you ?
    Last edited by chance1; March 3rd, 2013 at 03:48 PM.

Orientation
    Gay

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by loki81 View Post
    are you sure? because I feel like the only people constantly referring to Obama's race, at least on this forum, are people trying to frame any opposition as racially motivated.
    Quote Originally Posted by loki81 View Post
    I assume Jack was referencing the aforementioned "anyone who criticizes Obama gets branded as a racist" pattern, though I guess he's welcome to defend himself.
    Loki, since you're a white guy, I will let you in on a secret. One of the best ways to spot a real-life, honest-to-goodness racist isn't to look for the people throwing around the n-word left and right. It's look for the people attacking literally everything about a group except their race and insisting they aren't racists.

[Text: Removed]

Another good way in general just as a bonus tip is when someone is frequently prefacing or following up their comments about groups with "but I'm not prejudiced, I have plenty of friends who are ____."

Quite literally, the Republicans never have anything good to say about Obama on any topic, and virtually every single thing Obama does and says becomes an immediate effected outrage far surpassing every (pardon my language) fucking sick twisted thing that utterly defined rule under their party's dominance during George W. Bush's administration, which most of them were utterly fucking silent about for 6~ years.
    Last edited by opinterph; March 3rd, 2013 at 07:23 PM. Reason: removed interpersonal commentary that expands disagreement from one discussion to another

Banned

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyBob View Post
    [Quoted Post: Removed]
    Thanks always reliable Bob. The race card gets thrown around here more than bread crumbs to pigeons in a park.

Disagreeing with President Obama does not make anyone a racist -- but seems bring charges of racism here every time.

In my opinion those who can't allow President Obama to be just a man and only want him to be a black man are the ones who have problems with racism.
    Last edited by opinterph; March 3rd, 2013 at 07:24 PM. Reason: removed verbiage quoted from another poster

Banned

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by Rolyo85 View Post
    Well, considering the bolded quote three posts above yours, feelings seem to be incorrect.
    Read my response to Bob -- it's also my response to you.

Banned

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Disagreeing with President Obama is perfectly fine, but having a reasonable argument against his policies is another matter. I have yet to see reasonable, supported arguments from the naysayers.
    I'm not sure you know what the word 'reasonable' means.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

In general, I will be less likely to call racism when I see some moderation in the "criticizing" and "disagreements". Those are bloated ridiculously out of proportion, to a point where they are just laughable and obviously not based on anything political.
    - Gene Wolfe

Orientation
    Gay

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    Thanks always reliable Bob. The race card gets thrown around here more than bread crumbs to pigeons in a park.

Disagreeing with President Obama does not make anyone a racist -- but seems bring charges of racism here every time.

In my opinion those who can't allow President Obama to be just a man and only want him to be a black man are the ones who have problems with racism.
    I don't think anyone is ever necessarily a racist for disagreeing with anyone on virtually anything. It's when someone literally has every complaint possible in the entirety of the universe against a particular person (or group of people) and claims literally every single thing is wrong with them except for race, I begin to seriously wonder what kind of deep seated aversion is driving that kind of extreme reaction. It's no surprise in this day and age when racists hide their prejudice. It just starts to turn into a laundry list of how people from a particular group they can't stand can do absolutely nothing worth praising-- all Mexicans are freeloaders, all blacks are criminals, etc.

When literally every single thing about Obama, even the most innocuous things he says or does, drive you absolutely insane or provokes a reaction similar to what we should have seen over Presidents doing things like lying to get us into wars or spending trillions of dollars off the budget for future taxpayers and their children to take care of, yes, I begin to wonder what's motivating this reaction because it's not rational and it's not plausible given the purported causes.

JUB Addict
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    You have got to be kidding. We are talking about the same Bush Administration that fired generals for not giving them the information they wanted to hear?
    Yes. (though, the General situation is a fair bit different than the intimidation of the independent press)

Orientation
    Gay

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Yes. (though, the General situation is a fair bit different than the intimidation of the independent press)
    Let's talk when actual reporters in press conferences have been replaced by former gay prostitutes and other plants hired to direct the questions towards softball and Christmas cards, okay?

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by chance1 View Post
    sperling works for Obama my good man - he is an extension of the President

see Kathleen Parker's take on the matter - wash. post - previously posted by moi (that's french for me)

and how the Obama admin "handles" the press and why it's dangerous

see the Politico.com take on the obama admin keeps the press at bay - jim vandehei who YOU watch on MJ weekly don't you ?
    Obviously, you didn't take the time to read the email.

Woodward should be embarrassed.

And so, honestly, should you.

JUB Addict

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Let's talk when actual reporters in press conferences have been replaced by former gay prostitutes and other plants hired to direct the questions towards softball and Christmas cards, okay?
    I wonder what ever happened to Dubya's male prostitute Jeff Gannon?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Gannon

http://americablog.com/2005/02/man-called-jeff.html

JUB Addict
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

They have. One of the biggest complaints from the press is that any time they ask serious questions, they get scolded for doing so, while the softball questions are allowed from reporters that aren't members of an actual news organization.
    Last edited by JB3; March 4th, 2013 at 08:10 PM.

It ain't easy being King MisterMajestic's Avatar
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I've been watching Bob Woodward for 6-months or more and he's made soft but noticable digs @ Obama for a while...The closer it got to election day the more Digs he would make about Obama's campaign. He did the same routine on all the political shows...He did the "I don't hate'em but I don't like'em" game...

I don't know if Bob got upset with the Obama Admin. because he couldnt find any serious-dirt on them or if it's just personal. I'm not surprised he allowed himself to BECOME part of the story instead of reporting it. I could tell he had an attitude problem and there was anger there that never made sense to me...

A year or two ago Bob interviewed Obama and members of his Staff then published a book and something made him angry...

Bob is a Legendary Journalist and he knows how to play the Press Game...I tend to believe his ill feelings towards Obama are personal and he threw himself into a stupid story just because....

The Obama Administration will go down in History as having the most Published books about its Administration than any other Presidential Admin......Obama's name appeared on so many books before his 1st term ended...
    Last edited by MisterMajestic; March 4th, 2013 at 08:32 PM.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

And a lot of those titles were from right wing hacks that simply can't stand the fact a person of color got in the White House.

Virtus in medio stat JUB Admin opinterph's Avatar
    Status
    Partnered
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMajestic View Post
    The Obama Administration will go down in History as having the most Published books about its Administration than any other Presidential Admin......Obama's name appeared on so many books before his 1st term ended...
    Maybe Obama will catch up someday, but I think the distinction currently belongs to president #16.

Some 15,000 books have been written about Lincoln — more books, says Tetreault, than have been written about any other person in world history, with the exception of Jesus Christ. [NPR]

Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Touche' Opinterph!

From what has transpired since I last posted in this thread, I can see nothing has been offered or gained so much.

I wonder, why would Woodward go out and publicly back off the claims it was a threat? I know I know he didnt actually say the words but when you are on a nationwide news show with a ticker below your face that says threat, the anchor saying threat and all you do is move your head north south then you agree.

So again, what made Bob Woodward change his tune? The realization that with the email he was a laughing stock? Nah ...never. 1000% non story.

Cheers boys!
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

Porn Star
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

It pains me to watch people desparate to remain relevant.

He "peaked" in the 70's with his book/movie "All the President's Men".

He seems desparate to match that success.

Instead, Mr. Woodward has jumped the shark. The journalist became the story.

Stick a fork in him; he's done.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Touche' Opinterph!

From what has transpired since I last posted in this thread, I can see nothing has been offered or gained so much.

I wonder, why would Woodward go out and publicly back off the claims it was a threat? I know I know he didnt actually say the words but when you are on a nationwide news show with a ticker below your face that says threat, the anchor saying threat and all you do is move your head north south then you agree.

So again, what made Bob Woodward change his tune? The realization that with the email he was a laughing stock? Nah ...never. 1000% non story.

Cheers boys!
    This episode has removed any credibility that he was known for. I think the social network has changed the entire landscape. Back in the day, Woodward would have been able to act with impunity, but not any more! In its own way, all the anti-Woodward posts remind me of the guy that taped the Rodney King beating. Video changed the landscape then, Twitter and Facebook are changing it now.
    Last edited by chrisrobin; March 5th, 2013 at 06:52 PM.
    ...with history the final judge of our deeds. - JFK

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

^ I would agree.

Bob hasn't come to terms with the idea that when they wrote about Nixon, they were the sole source relying on the inside scoop.

Technology has changed all of that. Now he is just a little voice out there among many others and what he didn't seem to understand is that the email would be made public and he would be made a laughing stock so quickly.

Funny how the warning about regrets was so prescient or self-fulfilling, but not for the reasons the author meant.

BTW. Who broke JUB yesterday?

Orientation
    Gay

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

They have. One of the biggest complaints from the press is that any time they ask serious questions, they get scolded for doing so, while the softball questions are allowed from reporters that aren't members of an actual news organization.
    When there's some credible reason to believe that wholesale squelching of the news as was typical under the last administration is being done by this one from anyone other than right wing sources, we can talk about it. The first time I've even so much as heard of Obama's Administration somehow being infamous for press silencing is in this thread, with the exception of people making repeated (and false) claims that his administration had dodged or lied about Benghazi which backfired on the people claiming it.

JUB Addict
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

When there's some credible reason to believe that wholesale squelching of the news as was typical under the last administration is being done by this one from anyone other than right wing sources, we can talk about it. The first time I've even so much as heard of Obama's Administration somehow being infamous for press silencing is in this thread, with the exception of people making repeated (and false) claims that his administration had dodged or lied about Benghazi which backfired on the people claiming it.
    You haven't been paying much attention then. Its well-documented. Politico posted a long piece about it. (which, incidentally, got them on the White House's shit list and denied access that they were previously granted)

Banned

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Obama ... the new Nixon.

Even republicans came out against Nixon. Libs on CEP just keep on licking and sucking.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterB View Post
    It pains me to watch people desparate to remain relevant.

He "peaked" in the 70's with his book/movie "All the President's Men".

He seems desparate to match that success.

Instead, Mr. Woodward has jumped the shark. The journalist became the story.

Stick a fork in him; he's done.

Banned

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

MM - the Obama Administration will also go down in history as the most opaque administration is US history. The media will also be studied in it's reluctance to ask hard and difficult questions.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMajestic View Post
    I've been watching Bob Woodward for 6-months or more and he's made soft but noticable digs @ Obama for a while...The closer it got to election day the more Digs he would make about Obama's campaign. He did the same routine on all the political shows...He did the "I don't hate'em but I don't like'em" game...

I don't know if Bob got upset with the Obama Admin. because he couldnt find any serious-dirt on them or if it's just personal. I'm not surprised he allowed himself to BECOME part of the story instead of reporting it. I could tell he had an attitude problem and there was anger there that never made sense to me...

A year or two ago Bob interviewed Obama and members of his Staff then published a book and something made him angry...

Bob is a Legendary Journalist and he knows how to play the Press Game...I tend to believe his ill feelings towards Obama are personal and he threw himself into a stupid story just because....