JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 34
Results 151 to 200 of 200
  1. #151
    Quality posting since 2K7 Nishin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Europe
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,559

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    1/7 human is Chinese

  2. #152
    JUB Addict DigitalFudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    5,800

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Gay white men still benefit the privileges of being white (yes I said it, and I don't give a damn),

    Where are the lies?



    Quote Originally Posted by refujiunderground View Post
    and i'm a bit annoyed right now. i want to eat lunch upstairs in my room all alone. i DON'T want to eat it downstairs where i have to eat and hear my father trying to have bullshit conversations with me. my foods still in the microwave and my mom came home. she doesn't want me to eat upstairs ever since that rat problem we had last year in october. i really don't want to eat downstairs with my parents around especially my father. like i don't feel like listening to him telling me what the fuck is on tv when he knows i'm not watching it. i don't need him giving me play by play, telling me this person, talking to me about what happened 2 days ago and etc. not interested in him basically talking about himself or what he's thinking then at the same time, when i talk to him, he ignores me as if i don't exist. i don't like my father. he's a fucking narcissistic jackass.

    This is not one of your "Hi post here if you have feelings" thread. Bye.


    Quote Originally Posted by GiancarloC View Post
    Even on JUB, mediocre looking white guys get more attention than black or latin men (this is my own observation!). People can argue all they want, but the truth is the truth.


  3. #153
    JUB Addict vulgar_newcomer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    St. Petersburg
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,919

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by GiancarloC View Post
    Even on JUB, mediocre looking white guys get more attention than black or latin men (this is my own observation!). People can argue all they want, but the truth is the truth.
    Giancarlo you were doing fine until this. Of course its your own observation but what you consider a stellar hot dude I may find very mediocre regardless of race or ethnicity. This may be on a physical level or personality and desires.

    How you have the above worded makes me think that there are no mediocre black or Latin guys on JUB but no problem with pointing out there are mediocre white guys. When in fact I would counter there are mediocre guys who don't turn you on from all points on the compass, even broader there are mediocre men & woman everywhere. So my favorite color is green and your's is blue doesn't mean either is mediocre just different to eyes wired to different backgrounds and brains.

    I know from reading your post the kind of guys you find hot don't make my noodle bark at the moon. From your frequently posted view points I realize the kind of guy I am or what I like makes you nauseous in the looks dept.
    Overall I agree with you however the road is 2 ways and cliches are applied to white guys too within those groups of ethic heritage and color that is always ignored, including their own.

    Broaden the spectrum to include the current disdain and down right nasty hatred for HIV pos guys from many of various races and backgrounds. The un-dateables who should really just disappear. There are many examples in addition to this. These are not covered only racial topics in the op gay chat room research, how come?

  4. #154
    Are u haleloo ya ? Telstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    31,681

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by vulgar_newcomer View Post
    Giancarlo you were doing fine until this. Of course its your own observation but what you consider a stellar hot dude I may find very mediocre regardless of race or ethnicity. This may be on a physical level or personality and desires.

    How you have the above worded makes me think that there are no mediocre black or Latin guys on JUB but no problem with pointing out there are mediocre white guys. When in fact I would counter there are mediocre guys who don't turn you on from all points on the compass, even broader there are mediocre men & woman everywhere. So my favorite color is green and your's is blue doesn't mean either is mediocre just different to eyes wired to different backgrounds and brains.

    I know from reading your post the kind of guys you find hot don't make my noodle bark at the moon. From your frequently posted view points I realize the kind of guy I am or what I like makes you nauseous in the looks dept.
    Overall I agree with you however the road is 2 ways and cliches are applied to white guys too within those groups of ethic heritage and color that is always ignored, including their own.

    Broaden the spectrum to include the current disdain and down right nasty hatred for HIV pos guys from many of various races and backgrounds. The un-dateables who should really just disappear. There are many examples in addition to this. These are not covered only racial topics in the op gay chat room research, how come?
    That is going a bit far.
    I don't hate hiv pos guys. I just don't want to get hiv, so the hiv pos guy have to tell before we exchange bodily fluid.


    NEVER LISTEN TO A ONE SIDED STORY AND JUDGE.

  5. #155
    Execuvette Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,931

    Code of Conduct
    Quote Originally Posted by vulgar_newcomer View Post
    Broaden the spectrum to include the current disdain and down right nasty hatred for HIV pos guys from many of various races and backgrounds. The un-dateables who should really just disappear.
    I don't really know what kind of bigot that makes me, but I would never knowingly date an HIV+ guy. I don't even know if I'll be able to continue a relationship with a guy who got accidentally infected (I mean through an accident, not cheating). I have nothing but compassion for those guys, and I believe that in social environment treating them as having the plague is disgusting. But in terms of romantic and sexual relationships, I just can't do it. The thought of getting infected horrifies me to an extent where I simply don't think it would be possible for me to do anything.
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  6. #156

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Originally Posted by GiancarloC
    Even on JUB, mediocre looking white guys get more attention than black or latin men (this is my own observation!). People can argue all they want, but the truth is the truth.
    I think there's a certain sense of "The Grass is Greener" syndrome going on here, and "truth" is subject to the observer.

    I am a 'mediocre' white guy, and from my point of view (my own observation!) I've seen lots of black and latin men get WAY more attention then I ever have on here. (Which they should... they were DAMN good lookin' !!!)
    http://www.justusboys.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic216959_1.gif

  7. #157

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by RazorzEdge88 View Post
    I'm curious--who are those mediocre looking white guys?
    Logan Lerman and Shia Le Boef
    .

  8. #158
    Sex God youfiad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Saint Cloud
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    974

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    **Scans actively for summary of origional post/unable to find/ proceeds to comment nontheless**

    What astonishes me more than anything in the world is how other segregated groups have completely turned their back onthe gay community. If you look at statistics, the African/American, Hispanic, and Middle Eastern populations have been some of the worst offenders, (specifically within the USA).

  9. #159
    Sex God youfiad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Saint Cloud
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    974

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by GiancarloC View Post
    What do you mean by worst offenders? If we look at Maryland, there was a reason why gay marriage was legalized there... and a lot of that had to do with support from the African American community. Hispanics are far more open and supportive than one may think (in general).

    http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...-gay-marriage/

    I have to find a more recent poll but this is a good one. So worst offenders I think not.
    Support for same sex marriage has increased in every ethnic group in the USA since 2008 (as far as I'm aware). However, those communities are still a little behind the general public). What strikes me as interesting is how, for the longest time, they were much more against it, even though those times were closer to the point in our history where they had to fight for their rights.

  10. #160
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    11,243

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by youfiad View Post
    Support for same sex marriage has increased in every ethnic group in the USA since 2008 (as far as I'm aware). However, those communities are still a little behind the general public). What strikes me as interesting is how, for the longest time, they were much more against it, even though those times were closer to the point in our history where they had to fight for their rights.
    The black and hispanic communities are also traditionally more religious than the general average.

    What anti-gay sentiments most have in common in the U.S. is religion, not racial background.

  11. #161
    Sex God youfiad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Saint Cloud
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    974

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    The black and hispanic communities are also traditionally more religious than the general average.

    What anti-gay sentiments most have in common in the U.S. is religion, not racial background.
    That's entirely true, but that doesn't change anything.

  12. #162
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    11,243

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by youfiad View Post
    That's entirely true, but that doesn't change anything.
    It changes your initial assertion that views on homosexuality have any actual hard tie to race.

  13. #163
    Sex God youfiad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Saint Cloud
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    974

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by RazorzEdge88 View Post
    No, they are not. I'm feeling lazy right now, but if I weren't I'd Google this and blast you with a bunch of links debunking this on the subject of Latinos ALONE.

    Just stop peddling this now and do a little research before you dig yourself into a deeper hole.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/08/us...cket.html?_r=0

    First link I could find on google. I didn't read it. However, it was recent.

    I did skim for keywords in the article and saw bits and peices that are consistent with my claims.

  14. #164
    Come again? dereperez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Posts
    4,136
    Blog Entries
    6

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by Telstra View Post
    umm five is quite a lot considering
    each person met countless people for many years ??
    Two things.

    First: The OP did not mention many years...at all.

    Second: There are too many variables that can confound the so-called "conclusion" or "truth". And even then...having a preference for one type or characteristic over the other is not "racism" by any stretch.

  15. #165
    Sex God youfiad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Saint Cloud
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    974

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    It changes your initial assertion that views on homosexuality have any actual hard tie to race.
    It has absolutely nothin to do with the skin color. It has to do with ethnicity. You pointing out the fact that they have black skin is trivial and irrelevent. (Yes, I'm being redundant)

  16. #166
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    11,243

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by youfiad View Post
    It has absolutely nothin to do with the skin color. It has to do with ethnicity. You pointing out the fact that they have black skin is trivial and irrelevent. (Yes, I'm being redundant)
    What I'm saying to you is: you claimed that given they should identify with the experience of discrimination, it's odd that more minorities aren't pro-gay-rights.

    What people are pointing out to you is that, on the whole, they are more pro-gay-rights than whites. And the only reason that number isn't bigger is because of religion.

  17. #167
    Sex God youfiad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Saint Cloud
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    974

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    What I'm saying to you is: you claimed that given they should identify with the experience of discrimination, it's odd that more minorities aren't pro-gay-rights.

    What people are pointing out to you is that, on the whole, they are more pro-gay-rights than whites. And the only reason that number isn't bigger is because of religion.
    I agee. Which is the same reason why many "white" countries are far behind in gay rights than American whites, blacks, latinos and arabs.

    http://www.pewforum.org/a-religious-...americans.aspx

    I'm not too overly convinced that the numbers are solely due to religion, but it is a contributing factor. Black men tend to be far less accepting of same sex marriage whereas they tend to have similar numbers in religious affiliation
    http://www.theroot.com/views/gay-mar...ack-gender-gap

  18. #168
    Sex God youfiad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Saint Cloud
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    974

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by GiancarloC View Post
    Man oh man... your argument is all over the place right now... it's a big mess.

    Some Latin American countries have same sex marriage and adoption rights legal on the federal level. America does not. Argument debunked.
    No it's not. My words are just being slaughtered, butchered, and hung out in awkward ways; a common accurance it seems on this site .

    As far as your Latino comment. I didn't realize that it was so high. However, my other statements are extremely true. Pick and choose all you want, it doesn't bother me. Call my arguments fallacious, that's fine with me, but you're just avoiding the point.

    I will give Obama credit though; he does have a way of swinging public opinions on social issues. Since he came out in support of same sex marriage (whether he is or isn't is a different topic). But since he has officially supported it (for the second time in political carreer), public opinions have increased significantly.

  19. #169
    Sex God youfiad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Saint Cloud
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    974

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by RazorzEdge88 View Post
    Really? Because your statement also flies in the face of the fact that a lot of polls are finding that black people support same-sex marriage at a much higher rate than whites in a number of states (specifically red states or socially conservative rust belt states like PA).

    So you've already been proven wrong about Latinos. What happens when you're proven wrong about black people as well? Are you going to keep moving the goalposts? "Okay, I'm only wrong about two things! But everything else I said still stands!" (even though there's really nothing left after that)
    Everything else I said was completely valid. You can choose to accept it or not. No skin off my back

  20. #170
    Sex God youfiad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Saint Cloud
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    974

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Let me just set things straight. You guys attack me from every oriface in my body, find one thing that I said that was wrong, then claim a victory? Congratufuckulations!! So, get over yourselves, and stick to the topics, or just don't post. It's kind of annoying and pathetic, to say the very least.

  21. #171
    Sex God youfiad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Saint Cloud
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    974

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    And for the other record, I can't defend myself against GiancarloC since I put him on ignore and can no longer read what he posts. So if I don't reply to him, that's why

  22. #172
    Sex God youfiad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Saint Cloud
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    974

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by RazorzEdge88 View Post
    "Everything else"? The only thing you had left was Middle Easterners.

    And you know, while I'm not disinclined to agree, I have to point out that I've never really seen any study on the attitudes of Middle Eastern Americans on gay rights, so basically the only one of the three groups you might have gotten right was likely based on conjecture.
    And African/American. You can't forget the African American one. That has hardly been won.

  23. #173
    Sex God youfiad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Saint Cloud
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    974

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by RazorzEdge88 View Post
    Oh dear lord. I just explained why that one's wrong!
    Not really. You gave some random words without any numbers or sources.

    That only flies in social science courses. In a science classroom, that's an F

  24. #174
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    11,243

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by youfiad View Post
    Not really. You gave some random words without any numbers or sources.

    That only flies in social science courses. In a science classroom, that's an F
    You do realize this is a social sciences topic you meandered into? And you're now insulting everyone from that field.

  25. #175
    Sex God youfiad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Saint Cloud
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    974

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    You do realize this is a social sciences topic you meandered into? And you're now insulting everyone from that field.
    If people get insulted by that then they're too touchy

    About this being a social science issue, sure, of course it is. I was merely making a joke. Social scientists still use numbers, and calculus even (my calculus book was awkwardly a social sciences book)

  26. #176
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    11,243

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by youfiad View Post
    If people get insulted by that then they're too touchy

    About this being a social science issue, sure, of course it is. I was merely making a joke. Social scientists still use numbers, and calculus even (my calculus book was awkwardly a social sciences book)
    Not at all. My reaction to that sort of comment comes from a lifetime-thus-far of the bias from people in the hard sciences field that everything in the social sciences is just fluff, basketweaving or making up whatever opinion you want on the basis that you can't apply clinical testing with every variable controlled to complex social phenomenon. That does not, however, mean that you cannot apply the scientific method, hard numbers, stats, and measurable variables and reach conclusions based on wide preponderance of evidence-- but it does mean you can never possibly have clinical trials for something as complex as 'racism' or 'prejudice' or 'social attitudes.'

    If it wasn't your intent to make that sort of implication then my apologies. But it certainly wouldn't be the first time I'd heard that sort of a bigoted, dismissive attitude from someone in the hard sciences about everything in the social sciences, as if it's all just baseless opinion and so everyone has an equally valid claim or opinion on it.

  27. #177
    Sex God youfiad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Saint Cloud
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    974

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Not all of it is fluff. However, I do agree, we do often think that some of the stuff, and conclusions are fluff. The good social sciences are purely logical, or mathematically supported, or both. I have run into my fair share of social pseudoscience though; (I had to sit through a two hour lecture on sexism). Not that I disagree with some of the claims, but many of them I found to be utter shit (apprently it's sexist to call a woman a girl but it's not sexist to call a man a boy) <---- Social power sctructure bullshit. Of course you can apply the scientific method to social issues, and it is done very well, very often. However, it is also done, equally often, with horrible implementation. For me, the worst part is the statistics that is done in social sciences to back claims. (which is the reason I tend to stay away from numbers because they are often obtained in biased ways with the distinct intent to back claims). It's done more often than I like in the hard sciences too. That stuff is thankfully filtered through in the big scientific journals though.

    I tend to be more accepting of the social sciences mostly because I was a liberal arts major before a hard science major. I really like sociology and psychology, however, I don't think some of the popular beliefs are very accurate to reality but that they actually have a more political sway.

  28. #178
    blackbeltninja
    Guest

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    Well if you're looking at it that way, the main problem with your theory is that an overwhelming bulk of people on the planet still, even with the increase in mobility and transportation, don't wind up more than 100 miles from where they were born. You can't point at the continuance of a majority of mono-racial couplings on the planet and say "well, that's just natural preference obviously" when most people on the planet only see people that look like themselves on a day to day basis, and the great majority of them won't ever leave their country or even their region.
    I would still think that during the ages of great exploration where there was plenty of cross-pollination occurring, there would be more evidence of it than there is currently.

    Likewise with times of conflict - Alexander's empire spanned half the globe. So did Ghenghis Khan's. Khan's was 30 generations or more ago; and Alexander's 1500 years before that. These guys operated on the principle of rape and pillage. Where are the descendants? A massive army comes in and kills the men and impregnates the women, I'd have thought it would be quite obvious in later years. And yet it doesn't seem to have been; at least, not in terms of appearance. Perhaps the evidence is more at a sub-cellular level - different enzyme isoforms and so on.

    As I said, I'd be interested to see what it looks like in 1000 years' time.

    -d-

  29. #179
    Match in the gas tank...
    Taralen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    812

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    All that time could have been used on useful studies, was used on what 98% have done. Use a fake dating profile.

    Going back on this racism/interracial dating in the gay culture, I'm going to reveal all the secrets. lol.

    White guys love to flirt, especially to more masculine looking GBM. They won't go up and approach and ask the guy out, but he will simply flirt. Ain't nothing wrong with that, but c'mon man. Let's be friends. :P

    Since I lived in Toronto and Los Angeles, I can only speak for those areas. Usually in the west hollywood area, it's a lot of S&M crap going on. Gay bear/hipster culture is very interracial. Same with the twink. Reason as to why I love LA. White guys can't keep their eyes off me. I know back east in Atlanta, D.C., Brooklyn, the same can't be said.

    In some sad cases, If you are a black/asian guy, the white guy will not want to be seen in public with you. Everything will be behind closed doors at his convenience. Occasionally he will take you out to lunch or dinner or to the movies and shit like that, but that's once in a blue moon. He will probably never introduce you to his white friends or family and usually it's late night early morning rendezvous in his bedroom.

    I completely agree with another poster that said minority gay men, especially gay black men need to seek men from other countries. My boyfriend was born in Croatia and is Croatian/Italian and with a student visa he migrated to Los Angeles in 2010 to transfer in UCLA where I dropped out of. :P

    He is now an American citizen . and he is the love of my life and strangely enough I'm the first black guy he's been with. In these eastern European countries, they are hardly ever any black men. Usually in western Europe there is a big black population though.

    I might add more, but that's all I'm gonna add for right now. No disrespect to the OP, but all this was a waste of fucking time and usually gay interracial action that does happen is like I said, behind closed doors and isn't really advertised. It isn't important. I have my man and that's all that counts. I'm attracted to all races, just happen to be a black guy who is with a white guy. :P
    Last edited by Taralen; February 19th, 2013 at 03:33 AM.
    Glass Half Empty, Glass Half Full
    http://colorfulqueers.tumblr.com/

  30. #180
    On the Prowl
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    52

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by refujiunderground View Post
    you pretty much are saying things that some of us know because we experience it on a daily basis. i myself know this off the bat even when i was a closet case because i would notice how strange some of the gay guys who happened to be white would act whenever they would come around us when my homeboys and me would happen to pass by them on some stuck up shit. racism is real. if you aren't white in the lgbt community, you pretty much are going to be overlooked by damn near everybody. it's basically the way the whole culture is run. you pretty much have white guys on the magazines, models that are white, on the damn gay club flyers and etc. white guys are supposedly the "representatives" of the lgbt community and everybody else is just brushed to the side as if we don't exist. sure you might see an asian gay community or a black gay community but they're nowhere near as strong as the white gay community because everybody sticks together and you have some powerful heads that have influence on the world outthere. that white supremacist ideology shit is real, i don't care what anybody says. it runs the world and that's fucked up if you ask me.

    then you have these folks that simply don't get it when you make threads like these and they happen to be white. they pretty much try to dismiss this shit as if they know how it feels to be in the next person shoes when they never ever will experience it. that's the honest truth. i'm just sick and tired of seeing folks basically being prejudiced and the whole nine themselves, racist, sexist and even homophobic towards themselves then trying to play the victim card because they're being discriminated for being gay. how can you feel sorry for an asshole?
    This post ^ pretty much sums it up, but I will add a little more.

    What's sad is my situation. I pursue guys of all races, as I find all races at least somewhat attractive, as any mature man does. Do I *lean* towards some races over others? Sure! I lean more toward other black guys, as well as Latinos.

    But! I do not shut out white and Asian guys. Indeed, the racism starts when you start shutting out entire races without giving individuals from said race chances as PEOPLE.

    Anyway. I get rejected by non-black guys because I'm black... but I also get rejected by other black guys because, and I quote many of said black guys: I "don't act black".

    That crap's just as racist as the white, Latin, etc guys who don't talk to me because I'm black! Apparently things like my storm spotting/chasing hobby, my love of riding my moped and my scooter for transportation rather than driving, and my love of role-playing games (all three of these have been cited in the "arguments" of people claiming I don't "act black") somehow justify race-based rejection.

  31. #181

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community



    I was wondering when this thread was going to be closed so I figured attempting to post would be pointless, but alas.


    Originally Posted by refujiunderground
    you pretty much are saying things that some of us know because we experience it on a daily basis. i myself know this off the bat even when i was a closet case because i would notice how strange some of the gay guys who happened to be white would act whenever they would come around us when my homeboys and me would happen to pass by them on some stuck up shit. racism is real. if you aren't white in the lgbt community, you pretty much are going to be overlooked by damn near everybody. it's basically the way the whole culture is run. you pretty much have white guys on the magazines, models that are white, on the damn gay club flyers and etc. white guys are supposedly the "representatives" of the lgbt community and everybody else is just brushed to the side as if we don't exist. sure you might see an asian gay community or a black gay community but they're nowhere near as strong as the white gay community because everybody sticks together and you have some powerful heads that have influence on the world outthere. that white supremacist ideology shit is real, i don't care what anybody says. it runs the world and that's fucked up if you ask me.

    then you have these folks that simply don't get it when you make threads like these and they happen to be white. they pretty much try to dismiss this shit as if they know how it feels to be in the next person shoes when they never ever will experience it. that's the honest truth. i'm just sick and tired of seeing folks basically being prejudiced and the whole nine themselves, racist, sexist and even homophobic towards themselves then trying to play the victim card because they're being discriminated for being gay. how can you feel sorry for an asshole?


    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigDSergey View Post
    This post ^ pretty much sums it up, but I will add a little more.

    What's sad is my situation. I pursue guys of all races, as I find all races at least somewhat attractive, as any mature man does. Do I *lean* towards some races over others? Sure! I lean more toward other black guys, as well as Latinos.

    But! I do not shut out white and Asian guys. Indeed, the racism starts when you start shutting out entire races without giving individuals from said race chances as PEOPLE.

    Anyway. I get rejected by non-black guys because I'm black... but I also get rejected by other black guys because, and I quote many of said black guys: I "don't act black".

    That crap's just as racist as the white, Latin, etc guys who don't talk to me because I'm black! Apparently things like my storm spotting/chasing hobby, my love of riding my moped and my scooter for transportation rather than driving, and my love of role-playing games (all three of these have been cited in the "arguments" of people claiming I don't "act black") somehow justify race-based rejection.
    This is pretty much it right here. Let's see if we can keep the thread on topic from here.
    Reading Sergey's last paragraph, knowing crap like that goes on makes me sick.

    I highly doubt many white gay dudes would fully understand or appreciate the extra special racism gay nonwhites endure both online and in-person. Not until those same white people experience what life if truly like to be hated, marginalized and thought of less desirable or less sexually attractive solely based on something about themselves that they were born with and that cannot be changed by those same people who preach about the exact same thing when it comes to their sexuality. Maybe if they experience what it's like to be thought of as less attractive simply for being white not only from nonwhite people but from white people as well, they could understand, but the day that happens the world will probably be ending, so...



    ugh, where's the Excedrin when you need it.

    I have not been here on this site that long and just from first glance, all you need to do is look at the porn on this site and the ads on this site to see that the issue of racism in the gay community is true and very real. There is clear racism within the gay community, if there wasn't I would be looking at a hot Philippino dude banging the shit out of a Puerto Rican for example in the banner ads rather than the countless white dudes who in my opinion are not all that attractive. I have yet to see a black dude in the banner ads

    But that's just me. I may not understand that pain because I have not experienced that unique type of racism but I have seen it and you can make a simple observation of it right here on this very site.

    refer to it as passive racism?
    Last edited by ElmosToe; February 19th, 2013 at 05:37 AM.

  32. #182

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by hylas View Post
    yes i got that. im not completely stupid.
    i would just like to know where the hell i said anything even coming close to that.

    i may find your posts irritating, but ultimately they just reveal what kind of person you are, so thats fine and dandy.
    however, if you start putting words in my mouth... thats just low. really, really low. seriously, what the fuck.
    ]
    You are right, I apologize. I was thinking of another post and read something it to yours which was not there.

  33. #183
    On the Prowl BronzeBoyturnedBronzeMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    new york
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    111

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    it is what it is. what can you really do. someone has to take charge, but the problem is within the community. its like its divided. ive experienced it in some parts of ny. but i dont let it get to me. i know someones out there, white, black, spanish, asian, middle eastern. people want what they want, and they get dissapointed either when they dont get it or the relationship or sex or whatever dosent live up to expectations. i think everyone cool to b honest. to really have a preference. i just want new friends. but i think we all face some type of hate it life. its like competition. someones gonna win, someones going to lose. maybe in relationship we can all win once we find someone. but some people have their eye on that certain someone who they cant get their mind off.
    uhuh.. ok.. wassap.. shutup.

  34. #184

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by ElmosToe View Post


    . . . . . .

    I have not been here on this site that long and just from first glance, all you need to do is look at the porn on this site and the ads on this site to see that the issue of racism in the gay community is true and very real. There is clear racism within the gay community, if there wasn't I would be looking at a hot Philippino dude banging the shit out of a Puerto Rican for example in the banner ads rather than the countless white dudes who in my opinion are not all that attractive. I have yet to see a black dude in the banner ads

    But that's just me. I may not understand that pain because I have not experienced that unique type of racism but I have seen it and you can make a simple observation of it right here on this very site.

    refer to it as passive racism?

    Why don’t you put down the popcorn, and go contact the owners of your favorite sites to ask them why they don’t advertise here?

    I’m sure the owner(s) of this site would be very happy to do business with them.

  35. #185
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    11,243

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by blackbeltninja View Post
    I would still think that during the ages of great exploration where there was plenty of cross-pollination occurring, there would be more evidence of it than there is currently.

    Likewise with times of conflict - Alexander's empire spanned half the globe. So did Ghenghis Khan's. Khan's was 30 generations or more ago; and Alexander's 1500 years before that. These guys operated on the principle of rape and pillage. Where are the descendants? A massive army comes in and kills the men and impregnates the women, I'd have thought it would be quite obvious in later years. And yet it doesn't seem to have been; at least, not in terms of appearance. Perhaps the evidence is more at a sub-cellular level - different enzyme isoforms and so on.

    As I said, I'd be interested to see what it looks like in 1000 years' time.

    -d-
    Those people are around, for sure. But when you fast forward 300 or 500 years from a conquest in a part of the world where people still, as I said, didn't move very far from where they were born, the genetics are still present but the physical appearance change you'd expect has slowly faded out or been subsumed. Gene researchers have tracked Viking and Mongol genes practically all over the planet; the fact that you don't see red headed pale people or people who look like Mongols all over Europe or Eurasia doesn't mean they don't have genes indicating they did indeed have some ancestor way back who came from a vastly different part of the world. The Varangian Guard of the Byzantine Empire was, essentially, hired Swedish/Viking mercenaries. Most of them gained landholdings and settled into the location population, you're not going to see a whole lot of blond haired blue eyed people in Turkey today, but most assuredly many of them had ancestors from Scandinavia. If you look at many of the countries throughout southern Eurasia, most of them not only have a variety of 'mixed heritage' ethnicities but people even from the same ethnicities might cross the spectrum all the way from looking totally European, to something in between, to more Asian. Looking up almost any of the originally Turkic people who migrated all the way through Eurasia and Eastern Europe all the way into far-away places like Mongolia and China show this sort of a mixed appearance.

    Quote Originally Posted by youfiad View Post
    Not all of it is fluff. However, I do agree, we do often think that some of the stuff, and conclusions are fluff. The good social sciences are purely logical, or mathematically supported, or both. I have run into my fair share of social pseudoscience though; (I had to sit through a two hour lecture on sexism). Not that I disagree with some of the claims, but many of them I found to be utter shit (apprently it's sexist to call a woman a girl but it's not sexist to call a man a boy) <---- Social power sctructure bullshit. Of course you can apply the scientific method to social issues, and it is done very well, very often. However, it is also done, equally often, with horrible implementation. For me, the worst part is the statistics that is done in social sciences to back claims. (which is the reason I tend to stay away from numbers because they are often obtained in biased ways with the distinct intent to back claims). It's done more often than I like in the hard sciences too. That stuff is thankfully filtered through in the big scientific journals though.

    I tend to be more accepting of the social sciences mostly because I was a liberal arts major before a hard science major. I really like sociology and psychology, however, I don't think some of the popular beliefs are very accurate to reality but that they actually have a more political sway.
    Even something many people would call "shit", like pointing out the social power structure of gender as the example you raised, can be made to look ridiculous by just reducing it down to something like "men can't say this but women can", but that's overlooking everything else you can (and the field does) look at, like hiring rates, promotion rates, income earned for the same job positions, how often women are considered for serious leadership positions compared to men, how women are viewed or rated as leaders, managers or bosses by men or women compared to men, rates of sexual harassment, or many other factors.

    It has generally been much more my experience that people from outside the social sciences presume it's fluff or nonsense because they know very little about the social sciences or they pick out a few small things they do know and point out how silly they look in a complete vaccuum, and not because the social sciences in any general sense are nonsense or just make crap up. I do seriously think some days that people think the social sciences are about sitting in a classroom with people just making up opinions and justifying it with 'cause men suck' or 'cause white men suck' or whatever else. Frankly, it's everyone who dismissese the social sciences as a joke who are typically the ones just making up whatever they like to think based on whatever biases they already hold rather than the other way around.

  36. #186
    JUB Addict DigitalFudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    5,800

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by gold3509 View Post
    I have any of you nonwhite guys here notice that the white guys who are interested in minority are mostly the fat out of shape really average looking



    It's your enviornment. Walk into a campus, wall street, different country (You get my point) and the amount of attractive white guys looking for, well, anything, goes up.



    Also, about the Whites looking for black guys it all comes down to those who have found what they want, don't feel the need to broadcast it. However, those who are still looking have time to complain. Not knocking it, I do the same thing with certain topics. It's what we all do to try and start a discussion. However it doesn't change the fact that the loudest voices are usually the ones who are not content. The ones who are, feel no need to speak out.
    Last edited by DigitalFudge; February 19th, 2013 at 11:10 AM.

  37. #187
    blackbeltninja
    Guest

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by Kahaih View Post
    Why don’t you put down the popcorn, and go contact the owners of your favorite sites to ask them why they don’t advertise here?

    I’m sure the owner(s) of this site would be very happy to do business with them.
    We have a winner!

    -d-

  38. #188

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by Kahaih View Post
    Why donít you put down the popcorn, and go contact the owners of your favorite sites to ask them why they donít advertise here?

    Iím sure the owner(s) of this site would be very happy to do business with them.
    .
    Because those sites don't exist..that was my point. It's called a reflection of racism in the gay community.

  39. #189
    Sex God youfiad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Saint Cloud
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    974

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    Even something many people would call "shit", like pointing out the social power structure of gender as the example you raised, can be made to look ridiculous by just reducing it down to something like "men can't say this but women can", but that's overlooking everything else you can (and the field does) look at, like hiring rates, promotion rates, income earned for the same job positions, how often women are considered for serious leadership positions compared to men, how women are viewed or rated as leaders, managers or bosses by men or women compared to men, rates of sexual harassment, or many other factors.

    It has generally been much more my experience that people from outside the social sciences presume it's fluff or nonsense because they know very little about the social sciences or they pick out a few small things they do know and point out how silly they look in a complete vaccuum, and not because the social sciences in any general sense are nonsense or just make crap up. I do seriously think some days that people think the social sciences are about sitting in a classroom with people just making up opinions and justifying it with 'cause men suck' or 'cause white men suck' or whatever else. Frankly, it's everyone who dismissese the social sciences as a joke who are typically the ones just making up whatever they like to think based on whatever biases they already hold rather than the other way around.

    Yup. And those parts I absolutely agree with. I tend to have different opinions in the nitty gritty details and some overly zealous conclusions, but I tend to at least aree with the premise. I didn't mean to belittle the whole entire branch of sociology, I just wanted to point out some of the crap that comes out of it. Personally, I feel that sometimes these conlcusions isolate even futher those who they are trying to protect.

    You have no idea how many times I was at the blunt end of blame and felt nothing but agression towards me in my general education courses. My friend wrote a paper on reverse discrimination and the professor didn't like it, haha. There are many topics that are unable to be spoken about, which I think is utterly silly.

    For me, I tend to at least admit that what I think is an opinion, much the same as I wish everyone else would do. The truth is, everything in social sciences, and even to a lesser degree in hard sciences, comes down to human perception. People let their opinions pass as hardcore facts too often, and it's sort of arrogant.

  40. #190
    JUB Addict kayman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Atlanta
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Posts
    1,313
    Blog Entries
    12

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalFudge View Post
    It's your enviornment. Walk into a campus, wall street, different country (You get my point) and the amount of attractive white guys looking for, well, anything, goes up.



    Also, about the Whites looking for black guys it all comes down to those who have found what they want, don't feel the need to broadcast it. However, those who are still looking have time to complain. Not knocking it, I do the same thing with certain topics. It's what we all do to try and start a discussion. However it doesn't change the fact that the loudest voices are usually the ones who are not content. The ones who are, feel no need to speak out.
    I don't know about that one. Hell, I'm with somebody and attractive white guys still try to holler at me on regular. However, I find kind of annoying because 9 out 10 times it's them begging to fuck me. I'm not trying to beg, but most them claim to be "straight" so go figure

    Regardless, you still see me talking (and speaking up) about this mess because I feel for the guys that are non-racial specific guys of color that have to deal with this tyrannical or fetish-oriented bull while seeking a significant other.

    Honestly, it's a bizarro dating world out there most non-white gay/bisexual guys...

  41. #191

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    and homophobia is VERY real within the black community. VERY real. And no, I'm not white. Half middle eastern, half latino...and yet, I know for every gay racism story you all share, every gay person can personally describe many, many personal encounters with black homophobia. When we gays (of all colors) mention black homophobia..we're instantly told that it's RACSIT, and ignorant to highly black homophobia when there's homophobia in every bracket of society (even though many times we know, and even black people admit, the subject of being gay is more taboo and homophobia is more rampant in parts of african american culture)

    So it's interesting to me that the resident homophobe on THIS site is a black women (Medusa) who makes it a point to undermine gay issues and homophobia while constantly subjecting us to playing the race card....and interesting to me how in most state ballot initiatives dealing with gay rights, of all ethnic groups (caucasian, asian and latino) black folks are LEAST supportive of extending equality to us (even in Maryland only 45% of black voters voted for gay marriage, compared to significantly higher percentages in the latino, white, and asian communities) and ever been on a black oriented blog and read the commentary regarding ANYTHING to do with gay people?.....try it sometime.....the words expressed by the (Self identified) black posters about gay people is STARTLING. Something you'd expect from the westboro church that operate in Kansas.

    So while we're having this transparent conversation about honesty, and prejudice, and discrimination between minority groups...please, BY ALL MEANS, let's spread the love and highlight the prominent homophobia that most certainly exists in the black community and that many of us gay people could sit here and specifically cite personal encounters we've had with it.

  42. #192

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    It's also interesting to note that straight people have been institutionalizing racism, actively campaigning for it, and endorsing it for ages. A majority of racism that's been mandated throughout history has been by straight people. Yet, the african American community (ESPECIALLY LGBT black people) never make chants about "the clear racism in the straight community"...instead, it's consistently gay people called out for racism as if we invented it. If we say "hey! racism exists in all communities, including if not especially more so in heterosexual" we're told we're ignoring the issue and not addressing it. Then conversely, if we say "there's also deep rooted homophobia within the black community, in music, hip hop culture, street culture and black churches"...we're told by same said black LGBT who want to focus on gay racism that we're not allowed to focus on black homophobia. That highlighting black homophobia is racist. Interesting double standard. And it boils down to the "blame the gay" mentality that is widespread in the black community. From the many experiences I've had with many black people I've known throughout the years (some of whom who vocally oppose this way of thinking but acknowledge it exists) there's an inherent drive to blame gay people for everything. Molestations? "batty men came and raped our boys" ...gentrification? "gays moving in our parts of the city!"....and any time gay rights gets any advancements some black people feel it's at their cost. Visit any black oriented blog and you'll read many a comments that say "ridiculous this was passed for the gays. what about our struggling black brothers and sisters?" as if there aren't black LGBT who benefit from LGBT equality, or as if one demographic being more free and equal takes away from another. These things exist as well. So if we're going to chip away from the politically correct...let's get real and address prejudice in all it's forms, by all it's demographics. Not just "blame the gay" because that's what you've been told to do most of your existence.

  43. #193
    JUB Addict DigitalFudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    5,800

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by kayman23 View Post
    I don't know about that one. Hell, I'm with somebody and attractive white guys still try to holler at me on regular. However, I find kind of annoying because 9 out 10 times it's them begging to fuck me. I'm not trying to beg, but most them claim to be "straight" so go figure

    Regardless, you still see me talking (and speaking up) about this mess because I feel for the guys that are non-racial specific guys of color that have to deal with this tyrannical or fetish-oriented bull while seeking a significant other.

    Honestly, it's a bizarro dating world out there most non-white gay/bisexual guys...


    Def can relate and you did not lie about the dating world now a days.

  44. #194
    WTF????? refujiunderground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    10,178
    Blog Entries
    43

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by DreamDancer310 View Post
    It's also interesting to note that straight people have been institutionalizing racism, actively campaigning for it, and endorsing it for ages. A majority of racism that's been mandated throughout history has been by straight people. Yet, the african American community (ESPECIALLY LGBT black people) never make chants about "the clear racism in the straight community"...instead, it's consistently gay people called out for racism as if we invented it. If we say "hey! racism exists in all communities, including if not especially more so in heterosexual" we're told we're ignoring the issue and not addressing it. Then conversely, if we say "there's also deep rooted homophobia within the black community, in music, hip hop culture, street culture and black churches"...we're told by same said black LGBT who want to focus on gay racism that we're not allowed to focus on black homophobia. That highlighting black homophobia is racist. Interesting double standard. And it boils down to the "blame the gay" mentality that is widespread in the black community. From the many experiences I've had with many black people I've known throughout the years (some of whom who vocally oppose this way of thinking but acknowledge it exists) there's an inherent drive to blame gay people for everything. Molestations? "batty men came and raped our boys" ...gentrification? "gays moving in our parts of the city!"....and any time gay rights gets any advancements some black people feel it's at their cost. Visit any black oriented blog and you'll read many a comments that say "ridiculous this was passed for the gays. what about our struggling black brothers and sisters?" as if there aren't black LGBT who benefit from LGBT equality, or as if one demographic being more free and equal takes away from another. These things exist as well. So if we're going to chip away from the politically correct...let's get real and address prejudice in all it's forms, by all it's demographics. Not just "blame the gay" because that's what you've been told to do most of your existence.
    homophobia is homophobia, does it really matter who it comes from whether it's a black person or a white person?

    i feel as if you're singling out black people when it comes to homophobia when it's present in everywhere within every community. i think that you focusing on ONE particular group isn't the way to go. you have to look @ the problem from a whole because i'm sure things will eventually change the more society changes it's view towards homosexuality.

    the only significant thing that i note with some black people when it comes to homophobia that differs between everyone else is that they think that homosexuality is mostly associated with white people. they don't think that it's "natural" for a black person to be gay. they'll go as far as to say that there were no gay black people back then or precolonial africa didn't have any gay people within that society and that homosexuality was only in white societies like roman or the vikings. they think that any black person that is gay had to be molested in order to come out that way. that's about it.
    Last edited by refujiunderground; February 20th, 2013 at 12:20 PM.
    one thing about the closet/you don't have to hurry/it will be bad tomorrow/so brother, don't you worry

  45. #195

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by refujiunderground View Post

    the only significant thing that i note with some black people when it comes to homophobia that differs between everyone else is that they think that homosexuality is mostly associated with white people. they don't think that it's "natural" for a black person to be gay. they'll go as far as to say that there were no gay black people back then or precolonial africa didn't have any gay people within that society and that homosexuality was only in white societies like roman or the vikings. they think that any black person that is gay had to be molested in order to come out that way. that's about it.
    Uhm...respectfully, that outlook is the epitome of homophobic. THAT to me is more offensive and hurtful than not even supporting gay rights. To treat being gay as a virus, subjected to us by the worst form of human act (molestation) is vile. Hurtful. Horrible. You seemingly being careless about the vivid homophobia also reaffirms my point that there's a huge double standard. As it pertains to homophobia within the black community, not only have we come to accept it, but expect it too. And black LGBT are so accustomed to witnessing it that even they seem completely immune to having any reflex to it. Doesn't it hurt you as a black gay man to be thought of as the product of rape by some other black people? That undermines who you are and your moral fibers and being.

    This is my two cents worth, but based on my observations, black LGBT feel like since they've experienced some shunning via the gay community, that black homophobia isn't directed at them, and in fact warranted, because hey- if it's not homophobia toward them, then a little bit of homophobia is gratifying. That it serves a purpose, and really gets back at those white gays...not realizing that societal homophobia within their own racial community adversely effects black LGBT first. And in real, hardcore, tangible ways too. Three incidents this month alone (in in d.c, one in philly, and one in subway of NYC) where black gay men were targeted by ethnic minorities, all for being gay. Many black LGBT don't have the luxury of just picking up and moving to an expensive "gay friendly" region, so I would imagine if there was work to do within the black community of spreading acceptance, tolerance and a message of who we are as an LGBT....black LGBT would eagerly be the ones to want to take the bull by the horn and achieve that. Somehow, some of you have disconnected yourself from homophobia and adopt an 'out of sight, out of mind' thinking. It's easier to acknowledge and address gay racism (and all forms of prejudice need addressing, I agree) rather than simultaneously also tackle black homophobia at the same time. Why is that? Why is having this conversation a taboo for younger LGBT of color? And if racial minorities think ignorantly that being gay equates to a white man's disease, then what are you doing to change their perception? I assure you. Sitting there and nodding with them while sharing all those evil stories about all them evil gays is doing absolutely zero to bridge the gap between the two communities.

    While we all owe a role in fostering change for one another, only you have the impact to create effective change in the racial community that identifies with you. And reaffirming their negative notions of what being gay is, all while distancing yourself from being gay, AND justifying/overlooking their blatant homophobia serves no one. Not them, not you, not society.

    Let what I wrote really soak in, and don't assume it's coming from a bad place, before responding with a heated rebuttal to me.

    (and no, not a privileged white gay here. Actually a triple minority here. Lebanse, Puerto Rican, gay, and raised muslim. But objective enough to see things logically and fairly.)

  46. #196
    JUB Addict kayman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Atlanta
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Posts
    1,313
    Blog Entries
    12

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by DreamDancer310 View Post
    Uhm...respectfully, that outlook is the epitome of homophobic. THAT to me is more offensive and hurtful than not even supporting gay rights. To treat being gay as a virus, subjected to us by the worst form of human act (molestation) is vile. Hurtful. Horrible. You seemingly being careless about the vivid homophobia also reaffirms my point that there's a huge double standard. As it pertains to homophobia within the black community, not only have we come to accept it, but expect it too. And black LGBT are so accustomed to witnessing it that even they seem completely immune to having any reflex to it. Doesn't it hurt you as a black gay man to be thought of as the product of rape by some other black people? That undermines who you are and your moral fibers and being.

    This is my two cents worth, but based on my observations, black LGBT feel like since they've experienced some shunning via the gay community, that black homophobia isn't directed at them, and in fact warranted, because hey- if it's not homophobia toward them, then a little bit of homophobia is gratifying. That it serves a purpose, and really gets back at those white gays...not realizing that societal homophobia within their own racial community adversely effects black LGBT first. And in real, hardcore, tangible ways too. Three incidents this month alone (in in d.c, one in philly, and one in subway of NYC) where black gay men were targeted by ethnic minorities, all for being gay. Many black LGBT don't have the luxury of just picking up and moving to an expensive "gay friendly" region, so I would imagine if there was work to do within the black community of spreading acceptance, tolerance and a message of who we are as an LGBT....black LGBT would eagerly be the ones to want to take the bull by the horn and achieve that. Somehow, some of you have disconnected yourself from homophobia and adopt an 'out of sight, out of mind' thinking. It's easier to acknowledge and address gay racism (and all forms of prejudice need addressing, I agree) rather than simultaneously also tackle black homophobia at the same time. Why is that? Why is having this conversation a taboo for younger LGBT of color? And if racial minorities think ignorantly that being gay equates to a white man's disease, then what are you doing to change their perception? I assure you. Sitting there and nodding with them while sharing all those evil stories about all them evil gays is doing absolutely zero to bridge the gap between the two communities.

    While we all owe a role in fostering change for one another, only you have the impact to create effective change in the racial community that identifies with you. And reaffirming their negative notions of what being gay is, all while distancing yourself from being gay, AND justifying/overlooking their blatant homophobia serves no one. Not them, not you, not society.

    Let what I wrote really soak in, and don't assume it's coming from a bad place, before responding with a heated rebuttal to me.

    (and no, not a privileged white gay here. Actually a triple minority here. Lebanse, Puerto Rican, gay, and raised muslim. But objective enough to see things logically and fairly.)
    Dude please, I call out everybody on a regular basis. Homophobia is prevalent with all non-white communities. You might want to read up on its with other non-black people of color there is plenty of literature.

    The reason why most black gay/bisexuals don't care about black homophobia has more to do with the lack of inclusiveness from the mainstream LGBT fold (passive negligence). Interestingly enough, many black LGBTs have formed communities of their own in places like Atlanta, Washginton DC, Chicago, Philadelphia, and even New York. Hence why you have black (gay) pride celebrations throughout the year. Trust me, all the black LGBTs I know tackle homophobia, but they are equally as tired of dealing with racial bias as well. I don't know how you are going to on this one sided demonstrative tangent based on your novel observation of blacks.

    Homophobia amongst blacks are no more bigger of a problem than homophobia found amongst Hispanics or whites. It also sounds like you have a very limited view of blacks other than what you think you know...
    Last edited by kayman23; February 20th, 2013 at 07:55 PM.

  47. #197
    WTF????? refujiunderground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    10,178
    Blog Entries
    43

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by DreamDancer310 View Post
    Uhm...respectfully, that outlook is the epitome of homophobic. THAT to me is more offensive and hurtful than not even supporting gay rights. To treat being gay as a virus, subjected to us by the worst form of human act (molestation) is vile. Hurtful. Horrible. You seemingly being careless about the vivid homophobia also reaffirms my point that there's a huge double standard. As it pertains to homophobia within the black community, not only have we come to accept it, but expect it too. And black LGBT are so accustomed to witnessing it that even they seem completely immune to having any reflex to it. Doesn't it hurt you as a black gay man to be thought of as the product of rape by some other black people? That undermines who you are and your moral fibers and being.

    This is my two cents worth, but based on my observations, black LGBT feel like since they've experienced some shunning via the gay community, that black homophobia isn't directed at them, and in fact warranted, because hey- if it's not homophobia toward them, then a little bit of homophobia is gratifying. That it serves a purpose, and really gets back at those white gays...not realizing that societal homophobia within their own racial community adversely effects black LGBT first. And in real, hardcore, tangible ways too. Three incidents this month alone (in in d.c, one in philly, and one in subway of NYC) where black gay men were targeted by ethnic minorities, all for being gay. Many black LGBT don't have the luxury of just picking up and moving to an expensive "gay friendly" region, so I would imagine if there was work to do within the black community of spreading acceptance, tolerance and a message of who we are as an LGBT....black LGBT would eagerly be the ones to want to take the bull by the horn and achieve that. Somehow, some of you have disconnected yourself from homophobia and adopt an 'out of sight, out of mind' thinking. It's easier to acknowledge and address gay racism (and all forms of prejudice need addressing, I agree) rather than simultaneously also tackle black homophobia at the same time. Why is that? Why is having this conversation a taboo for younger LGBT of color? And if racial minorities think ignorantly that being gay equates to a white man's disease, then what are you doing to change their perception? I assure you. Sitting there and nodding with them while sharing all those evil stories about all them evil gays is doing absolutely zero to bridge the gap between the two communities.

    While we all owe a role in fostering change for one another, only you have the impact to create effective change in the racial community that identifies with you. And reaffirming their negative notions of what being gay is, all while distancing yourself from being gay, AND justifying/overlooking their blatant homophobia serves no one. Not them, not you, not society.

    Let what I wrote really soak in, and don't assume it's coming from a bad place, before responding with a heated rebuttal to me.

    (and no, not a privileged white gay here. Actually a triple minority here. Lebanse, Puerto Rican, gay, and raised muslim. But objective enough to see things logically and fairly.)
    seriously, you sound like you have something against black people to tell you the truth.

    homophobia is a problem in the world period. why you're acting like it's way worse when it comes to black people being homophobic compared to everybody else makes no sense whatsoever. i hate it when people are homophobic PERIOD.

    you are like some people in this thread confusing the issue of racism in the gay community with people's dating patterns. the general idea of this thread that people should walk away with is just because someone is part of a group which has been the victim of prejudice in society on all sorts of level doesn't mean that they themselves will be as ignorant, prejudiced or tolerant because they are a part of that group. just because someone is gay doesn't mean that they're not going to be prejudiced or ignorant. i think what's terrible is how some folks use the fact that they're black or they're a woman or that they're gay as an excuse to be ignorant or prejudiced themselves. you don't know how many times i've seen some black people say some racist shit about white people or some gay people say some foul shit about straight people then run behind the whole "i can't be prejudiced as i am black or i am gay". it's sad.
    Last edited by refujiunderground; February 20th, 2013 at 08:56 PM.
    one thing about the closet/you don't have to hurry/it will be bad tomorrow/so brother, don't you worry

  48. #198
    Match in the gas tank...
    Taralen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    812

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Atlanta, Washginton DC, Chicago, Philadelphia, and even New York.
    You didn't mention LA. Probably because every gay relationship in LA and Hollywood is interracial. So I guess there isn't really a black gay culture here.
    Glass Half Empty, Glass Half Full
    http://colorfulqueers.tumblr.com/

  49. #199

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Break it down to the simplest form. If you find that you don't treat people as the individuals that they are you are probably part of the problem. Racism exists in all races and the answer is the same for everyone.

  50. #200

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by eastofeden View Post
    Break it down to the simplest form. If you find that you don't treat people as the individuals that they are you are probably part of the problem. Racism exists in all races and the answer is the same for everyone.
    Thats just the thing though. If you "prefer" to date white people it's one thing. But every time you behave in a manner consistent with that in a form of communication to a white person OR a POC or in a profile, you're contributing to the culture. The culture of normative whiteness. Besides. White people are the beauty standard almost across the globe. It's like my white friend who loves Asian boys...went to china. Basically told me he feels like he can have whomever he wants.that the boys are interchangeable to him and worship him and fight over him because he is white. How is that normal? What does that say about how far this power system of media has reached? They all love brad Pitt in japan....but nobody who is white and living in Canada knows or cares who Leon Lai is. So honestly if you "prefer" white people, who are the beauty standard, it sounds to me no different from having a "preference" for a six pack or a "preference" for blue eyes. It means preference is a fancy word used to disguise what it really is...a shallow, chosen, deal-breaker

    I hate sexual "preference" as a word itself. It implies we chose it. A gay man who CHOOSES at marry a woman might be oriented towards other males. But he PREFERS to seek female courtships. The word is flawed.

    By the way. Check out racebending.com if u wanna know more about racism TODAY in mainstream media. It focuses mostly on how Hollywood likes to take Asian characters in stories but put out casting calls for ONLY white people. Like avatar the last air bender, etc. Worth a read!
    VOTE for me as QUEER PROM KING! Just "like" my page on FB!
    http://www.facebook.com/kingimak

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.