JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 100 of 200
  1. #51
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    11,232

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by refujiunderground View Post
    not to put you on blast but i've seen you many times on here say that you wouldn't date someone that isn't white. if you yourself wouldn't date someone that isn't white, how could you call out other people that do the same thing? wouldn't you be basically talking about yourself?

    i don't get why nonwhites complain about white guys not dating them when they themselves don't date anybody who isn't white. when is the hypocrisy gonna stop? sometimes, i feel that some nonwhite guys are complaining about this issue because they want a white guy in their life but haven't been able to get one. i mean damn, is it really that serious? they want to rant about why other people make color matter but color matters to them too as well. they're ready to call other people out on it but they themselves can't admit that they're the same too.
    Didn't you read his post? It's only when liberals who voted for Obama do it that it's a problem.

  2. #52
    WTF????? refujiunderground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    10,166
    Blog Entries
    43

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    to add on, the lgbt publications and media seem to isolate nonwhites and focus on the white lgbt population leaving everybody out. one of the biggest misconceptions that other people have about the lgbt community is that it's mostly or entirely white and honestly, i can't blame them because that's the way it's represented. it seems like the nonwhite lgbt population is underrepresented. i also notice that underrepresented groups in the lgbt community end up self segregating because they feel that they're left out of the main group. however, this itself ends up being a problem because nonwhite lgbt communities are NOWHERE near as strong or sticks together like how the white lgbt community is. there really is no means of support within their own communities so they turn to the bigger group which has the resources BUT @ the same time, the bigger group cannot entirely understand how it is for that person who isn't white.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    Didn't you read his post? It's only when liberals who voted for Obama do it that it's a problem.
    hell no. he is way too predictable.
    Last edited by refujiunderground; February 15th, 2013 at 11:26 AM.
    one thing about the closet/you don't have to hurry/it will be bad tomorrow/so brother, don't you worry

  3. #53
    JUB Addict umjreon88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    1,121
    Blog Entries
    4

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by refujiunderground View Post
    not to put you on blast but i've seen you many times on here say that you wouldn't date someone that isn't white. if you yourself wouldn't date someone that isn't white, how could you call out other people that do the same thing? wouldn't you be basically talking about yourself?

    i don't get why nonwhites complain about white guys not dating them when they themselves don't date anybody who isn't white. when is the hypocrisy gonna stop? sometimes, i feel that some nonwhite guys are complaining about this issue because they want a white guy in their life but haven't been able to get one. i mean damn, is it really that serious? they want to rant about why other people make color matter but color matters to them too as well. they're ready to call other people out on it but they themselves can't admit that they're the same too.

    when i talk about racism in the lgbt community, i'm not just talking about in the dating department. i'm talking about everything since it's widespread.
    I agree with you about the second paragraph. However, I think it's common even among caucasians and not just in terms of race but also age, phases of life, etc.

    It is an issue that is constant in the LGBT community and we could only do so much to change people's behaviour. Until we learn to accept that we do have a part that seems to exclude people of other races in our social life, the community would always be like this. We need integration, not separation.

    It's funny that people complain about not being able to get a caucasian lover/boyfriend/soulmate. Is it really that important? Then again, I do sometimes yearn to have a partner who is African/Caribbean -American.

    Haha. However, I love every colour to the point that I'm colour-blind to things. I accept people for who they are and my friendship circle is a vast mix of people from all over the world!
    "... You think the only people who are people
    Are the people who look and think like you ..." - Colours of the Wind by Vanessa Williams

  4. #54

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Well, xbuzzerx, "absolutely no effect" are your words not mine. I would agree that cultural success has an effect, and class has beeni important. In many cultures people, especially women of a wealthier class will get less sun and for that reason be lighter, making it a marker of class and beauty. But, I don't think it is valid to entirely disregard the wide spread preference of lighter skin, even if we do not see a evolutionary function. Light color could, for instance be associated with cleanliness and facilitation of vitamin D formation on a subconscious level. If the preference for lightness were a function of dominant culture, you would expect that smaller hips and other western beauty standards would also prevail.. Do they all? I don't know.
    Last edited by Benvolio; February 15th, 2013 at 12:34 PM.

  5. #55
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    11,232

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    Well, xbuzzerx, "absolutely no effect" are your words not mine. I would agree that cultural success has an effect, and class has beeni important. In many cultures people, especially women of a wealthier class will get less sun and for that reason be lighter, making it a marker of class and beauty. But, I don't think it is valid to entirely disregard the wide spread preference of lighter skin, even if we do not see a evolutionary function. Light color could, for instance be associated with cleanliness and facilitation of vitamin D formation on a subconscious level. If the preference for lightness were a function of dominant culture, you would expect that smaller hips and other western beauty standards would also prevail.. Do they all? I don't know.
    Even presuming that the fact that manual labor outdoors has resulted in darker tans and people of elevated social class had lighter tans due to being indoors has created some kind of "global" preference for lighter skin, that would still be socially and culturally created. Not natural. It would in no way diminish that the social and cultural tools used to reinforce a notion of beauty are real, it would be an example of it.

  6. #56
    Execuvette Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,931

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    Well said, Hard up1, but you should leave open the possibility that the preference for whites is NOT necessarily because they are here the dominant culture. People are attractive if people think they are attractive. It is subjective, but there are some characteristics which are widely thought to be attractive. Are blonde women with nice breasts considered more attractive in Japan or China or other countries where they are not the dominant culture? Are lighter skinned Indians in India considered more attractive? Perhaps it is in part that lighter are more rare. There may be cultures where young people are not considered more attractive, but in most of the world young is more attractive. Nicely formed breasts make a woman more attractive for most men. Broad shoulders and narrow waists on men are generally considered more attractive. Some of this may be hard wired as related to health, reproductive ability and ability to protect and provide.
    But, some characteristics are widely considered to be more sexually attractive, unrelated to social or economic factors, such as the "dominant culture".
    Please spare us your thinly veiled "whites are just, like, better" innuendos. They're out of place ANYWHERE, but especially here.

    Quote Originally Posted by JayQueer View Post
    I could write a book on this topic, but sadly I doubt it would change anything for most gay men.

    Indians (South Asians) fare the worst in the gay community, even worse than Black gay men & other Asians...

    Some of the worst hypocrites are some white gay men who call themselves "liberal." They usually love to talk about how they voted for Obama (twice), they praise Black civil rights leaders like MLK & Rosa Parks, and these white gay men often come from small towns in the South & Midwest. They move to places like San Francisco & New York & Chicago to be more "accepted" and in a place with more "diversity." They're always politically correct, and are quick to call other people "racist".

    Yet, if you notice who almost all their friends are, who they chat with online & at the gay clubs, who they hook up & date, and who they take to brunch on Sunday morning..........they're all white gay men!!! Where is this so-called "diversity" they love?

    Interracial dating is still rare for white gay men. Gay men of color are much more willing to date outside their race, and often do.
    Well, JQ, regardless of race, whiners and "victims" are ALWAYS unattractive. Being brown is pretty much the least of your problems, and frankly, your rant would have had much more credibility, hadn't you somehow managed to bash "them evil Obama-voting liberals" again...


    ---------------------------

    As for the OP, as was already pointed out, the sites selected simply aren't a good representation of the gay community. Of those, Grindr is the only one with ANY relevant personality diversity, and even there a good 70% are just assholes looking for a quick fuck.

    Frankly, this type of research would benefit a LOT more from dating sites like Ok Cupid, where personality is the key factor for communication. Not that I doubt for a second that racism exists, it's just that going on a trashfest place like Manhunt and then come up with the brilliant conclusion that people there are trashy, seems a little... predetermined.
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  7. #57

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    At the risk of stating the obvious, those who want to be more accepted by white gays should consciously attempt to conform. Most black men and many East Indians tend to wear mustaches, some beards, long hair, while I think most white gays prefer the clean cut and clean look. Don't scream at me, this is intended to be constructive.

  8. #58
    WTF????? refujiunderground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    10,166
    Blog Entries
    43

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    Well, xbuzzerx, "absolutely no effect" are your words not mine. I would agree that cultural success has an effect, and class has beeni important. In many cultures people, especially women of a wealthier class will get less sun and for that reason be lighter, making it a marker of class and beauty. But, I don't think it is valid to entirely disregard the wide spread preference of lighter skin, even if we do not see a evolutionary function. Light color could, for instance be associated with cleanliness and facilitation of vitamin D formation on a subconscious level. If the preference for lightness were a function of dominant culture, you would expect that smaller hips and other western beauty standards would also prevail.. Do they all? I don't know.


    are you motherfucking serious?
    Last edited by refujiunderground; February 15th, 2013 at 12:47 PM.
    one thing about the closet/you don't have to hurry/it will be bad tomorrow/so brother, don't you worry

  9. #59
    WTF????? refujiunderground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    10,166
    Blog Entries
    43

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    At the risk of stating the obvious, those who want to be more accepted by white gays should consciously attempt to conform. Most black men and many East Indians tend to wear mustaches, some beards, long hair, while I think most white gays prefer the clean cut and clean look. Don't scream at me, this is intended to be constructive.
    you can take this statement as well as your other one you stated and shove them both up your ass. go take this to stormfront.com or whichever place tolerates racist shit like this.
    Last edited by refujiunderground; February 15th, 2013 at 12:45 PM.
    one thing about the closet/you don't have to hurry/it will be bad tomorrow/so brother, don't you worry

  10. #60
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    11,232

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    At the risk of stating the obvious, those who want to be more accepted by white gays should consciously attempt to conform. Most black men and many East Indians tend to wear mustaches, some beards, long hair, while I think most white gays prefer the clean cut and clean look. Don't scream at me, this is intended to be constructive.
    Quote Originally Posted by refujiunderground View Post


    are you motherfucking serious?
    LMAO! Did I really just read that top quote? Ben, seriously, did you just imply blacks all carry Rastafarian hairdos and Indian guys all look like devout Sikhs or something, and they should stop if they want white dates?
    Last edited by xbuzzerx; February 15th, 2013 at 12:50 PM.

  11. #61
    JUB Addict figjam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,163

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by FanofFiction View Post
    It is always shocking to me when a discriminated group...long piece of text in the first post goes here... a fun experience and something worth sharing.
    Nothing tastes better than black meat. It is simply delicious! Why would anyone deny him/herself this tasty treat?

  12. #62
    WTF????? refujiunderground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    10,166
    Blog Entries
    43

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    LMAO! Did I really just read that top quote? Ben, seriously, did you just imply blacks all carry Rastafarian hairdos and Indian guys all look like devout Sikhs or something, and they should stop if they want white dates?
    i'm looking through some of his posts and that benvolio dude is a racist. probably a part of the kkk or neo nazis or some white supremacist extremist group. he sounds like it.
    Last edited by refujiunderground; February 15th, 2013 at 12:53 PM.
    one thing about the closet/you don't have to hurry/it will be bad tomorrow/so brother, don't you worry

  13. #63
    nerd of prey hylas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Brussels
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    2,725

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    many people here: "hook-up sites dont represent the entire gay community."

    the OP states that racism is rampant in hook-up sites. to my thinking, there are two possible explanaitions:

    1) people using hook-up sites tend to be more racist than people that dont.
    2) racism is a problem amongst gay people in general, and therefore also a problem on gay hook-up sites.

    the second explanation makes much more sense to me. unless somebody has a really good reason why the first explanaiton is more likely. why would people using hook-up sites be more racist than people who dont? that correlation is counter-intuitive to me. hook-up sites may attract more people who are looking for one-night stands, nsa sex, are promiscuous... but why would it attract racists? not seeing the connection. if anything, that line of thinking seems rather sex-negative to me. "someone who likes having casual sex is generally trashy, therefore more likely to be racist." thats not something i would agree with.

  14. #64

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by hylas View Post
    many people here: "hook-up sites dont represent the entire gay community."

    the OP states that racism is rampant in hook-up sites. to my thinking, there are two possible explanaitions:

    1) people using hook-up sites tend to be more racist than people that dont.

    2) racism is a problem amongst gay people in general, and therefore also a problem on gay hook-up sites.

    the second explanation makes much more sense to me. unless somebody has a really good reason why the first explanaiton is more likely. why would people using hook-up sites be more racist than people who dont? that correlation is counter-intuitive to me. hook-up sites may attract more people who are looking for one-night stands, nsa sex, are promiscuous... but why would it attract racists? not seeing the connection. if anything, that line of thinking seems rather sex-negative to me. "someone who likes having casual sex is generally trashy, therefore more likely to be racist." thats not something i would agree with.
    My guess would be the anonymity. It's a lot easier for them to say it in text to a computer screen in the privacy of their own bedrooms, then it would be to say it face to face in public.
    http://www.justusboys.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic216959_1.gif

  15. #65
    Execuvette Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,931

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by hylas View Post
    many people here: "hook-up sites dont represent the entire gay community."

    the OP states that racism is rampant in hook-up sites. to my thinking, there are two possible explanaitions:

    1) people using hook-up sites tend to be more racist than people that dont.
    2) racism is a problem amongst gay people in general, and therefore also a problem on gay hook-up sites.

    the second explanation makes much more sense to me. unless somebody has a really good reason why the first explanaiton is more likely. why would people using hook-up sites be more racist than people who dont? that correlation is counter-intuitive to me. hook-up sites may attract more people who are looking for one-night stands, nsa sex, are promiscuous... but why would it attract racists? not seeing the connection. if anything, that line of thinking seems rather sex-negative to me. "someone who likes having casual sex is generally trashy, therefore more likely to be racist." thats not something i would agree with.
    Racism is a problem EVERYWHERE, but it is ALWAYS represented more in the lower classes - poorly educated, isolated and ignorant people are 100% more racist than the rest of any country's population. Hook-up sites do tend to attract mostly that part of society, and especially GAY hook-up sites tend to attract a huge number of self-hating closet-cases. Those already hate themselves and the world, what's one more thing to be bigoted against?
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  16. #66

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    ^ Roly, Do you think gay hook-up sites attract more ignorant, low class people than the other hook-up sites?
    .

  17. #67
    nerd of prey hylas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Brussels
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    2,725

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    rolyo: the part about less educated people being attracted to hook-up sites i only believe if i see some data, but the part about self-hating closet-cases is actually a good point.

    borg: definitely. but that doesnt mean users of hook-up sites tend to be more racist. it just means they show their racism online more openly than IRL.

  18. #68
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    11,232

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by borg69unimatrix View Post
    My guess would be the anonymity. It's a lot easier for them to say it in text to a computer screen in the privacy of their own bedrooms, then it would be to say it face to face in public.
    Well if you're saying you just see it more because people have the freedom to say it, isn't that saying the same thing as #2, there's a lot of prejudice/racism in the community in general? Even if it isn't often spoken?

  19. #69
    Execuvette Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,931

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by hylas View Post
    rolyo: the part about less educated people being attracted to hook-up sites i only believe if i see some data, but the part about self-hating closet-cases is actually a good point.

    borg: definitely. but that doesnt mean users of hook-up sites tend to be more racist. it just means they show their racism online more openly than IRL.
    I haven't looked for that sort of data, maybe I will when I have more time later today. But my anecdotal experience in those is that even when I was looking for a hook up, the personalities of those people just put me off too much. I can't treat other people as a living fleshlight, and so I found nothing there.
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  20. #70

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    I guess my next question would be, how are you defining "Racist" ?? Truly by the color of their skin alone (genetics), or by cultural/ethnic differences/practices that might make someone unfamiliar with it uncomfortable to be around?
    http://www.justusboys.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic216959_1.gif

  21. #71

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by borg69unimatrix View Post
    ... how are you defining "Racist" ?? ....
    He's using it exactly the same way our grandparents used the word 'Sinner'.

    The Politically Correct Zealots are exactly the same as the old religions.
    .

  22. #72
    blackbeltninja
    Guest

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    So, in summary: generally failing to be turned on by certain sectors of the population, especially for a hook-up, is racist. Agreed?

    By extrapolation, then, I'm clearly racist. And in-shapeist, age-range-ist, stupidist, religionist, wilfully-and-persistently-ignorantist, effeminist, daddyist, bear-ist, marriedist, cheaterist, dishonestist, overly-muscularist, smokerist, scene-ist and non-readerist.

    This is not an apology.

    -d-
    Last edited by blackbeltninja; February 15th, 2013 at 01:51 PM.

  23. #73
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    11,232

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by borg69unimatrix View Post
    I guess my next question would be, how are you defining "Racist" ?? Truly by the color of their skin alone (genetics), or by cultural/ethnic differences/practices that might make someone unfamiliar with it uncomfortable to be around?
    I already said in my opening post that I don't think this experiment is a proper yardstick for "racism." I do however think there's a big difference between not showing interest and responding with a racial slur and it probably is telling you something about the individual's strength of prejudice.

    Racism has two wildly different meanings, one is the one being used in this thread: ANY sort of distinction being made, particularly any negative one, amongst different groups. I'd actually say that's the most superficial end of it and the one upon which people make ridiculous claims like "white people suffer racism too; it goes every direction!" True/academic racism is a belief in racial superiority or hierarchy to the extent that one feels it justifies widespread or institutionalized inequality in society, by de facto or de jure. "Well we shouldn't do anything about x group having less access to reasonable homeloans or education, it's not like they'll do anything with it anyway.."

  24. #74

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    ^ I wish you specify which of the "two wildly different meanings" you're using each time you accuse others of 'thought crimes'.
    .

  25. #75
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    11,232

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by pat grimshaw View Post
    ^ I wish you specify which of the "two wildly different meanings" you're using each time you accuse others of 'thought crimes'.
    Quote me making an accusation dear. Btw, you personally are covered by both types. Full racist mode.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiMHTK15Pik
    Last edited by xbuzzerx; February 15th, 2013 at 02:12 PM.

  26. #76
    PerScientiam AdJustitiam bankside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Beware the deepity.
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married (to a man)
    Posts
    17,722
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    I think people who have experienced discrimination based on ethnicity should be angry about it, but then I think we all should be angry about it whether we are targeted or not.

    How that anger is directed however is absolutely critical. If that anger is misdirected, it can be absolutely counterproductive. Complaining that "white people are racist" is not true for all white people. If a white person who considers other ethnicities to be equal is lumped in with racists by default, it pushes the white person toward disengagement rather than active anti-racism.

    I have a theory that in a context of continuing racism, people subject to it will stick together and form closer communities, based on ethnicity, than is generally the norm in the larger society. It may cause people who identify strongly with an ethnic community to assume that others do as well. However my experience is that the majority does not have a strong sense of ethnic community. It's not how people identify or perceive themselves. In their minds, "people are people." Failure to recognise this results in lost opportunities for engagement, and it explains a lot of the miscommunication even in this thread.

    I've even seen that fact acknowledged before by some anti-racists from minority ethnicities, but then trivialised and dismissed with "pffff. No big deal being wrongly accused of racism compared to actual racism. That's just white people's problems." That kind of response just leads to a white person who doesn't care about the problems caused by racism. It's a message to be avoided by anyone serious about anti racism.

  27. #77

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by blackbeltninja View Post
    So, in summary: generally failing to be turned on by certain sectors of the population, especially for a hook-up, is racist. Agreed?

    By extrapolation, then, I'm clearly racist. And in-shapeist, age-range-ist, stupidist, religionist, wilfully-and-persistently-ignorantist, effeminist, daddyist, bear-ist, marriedist, cheaterist, dishonestist, overly-muscularist, smokerist, scene-ist and non-readerist.

    This is not an apology.

    -d-
    I dunno... it's always been strange to me when guys categorically say they aren't attracted to an entire ethnic group. I mean, there are certain para-ethnic parameters (personality, intelligence, height, weight, muscularity, hairiness, political views, etc.) that you can be drawn to. These parameters extend across ethnic lines. I don't understand how people can overlook such variability within groups. Not to be trite, but I've been attracted to men of all different ethnic backgrounds and I've always thought there were attractive and unattractive men within all ethnic groups.

    To some extent, biology may play a role, but it's hard for me to understand the people who will just outright ostracize blacks, Asians, Hispanics, etc. It makes me wonder to what extent the racial preferences are socially-conditioned; that is, to what extent (unconscious) internalized racism filters its way into people's sexuality. The fact that interracial relationships are growing more common with time and among younger generations suggests whatever biological predispositions are at work are fairly limited.
    Last edited by BrimstoneAndTreacle; February 15th, 2013 at 03:25 PM.

  28. #78
    stop the bullshit rareboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    35,189

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalFudge View Post
    I wonder what Medusa thinks about this?



    But since it's the struggle that some gheys face involving racism I'm sure it doesn't matter
    The opposite of whatever we think.

  29. #79
    stop the bullshit rareboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    35,189

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by JayQueer View Post
    I could write a book on this topic, but sadly I doubt it would change anything for most gay men.

    Indians (South Asians) fare the worst in the gay community, even worse than Black gay men & other Asians...

    Some of the worst hypocrites are some white gay men who call themselves "liberal." They usually love to talk about how they voted for Obama (twice), they praise Black civil rights leaders like MLK & Rosa Parks, and these white gay men often come from small towns in the South & Midwest. They move to places like San Francisco & New York & Chicago to be more "accepted" and in a place with more "diversity." They're always politically correct, and are quick to call other people "racist".

    Yet, if you notice who almost all their friends are, who they chat with online & at the gay clubs, who they hook up & date, and who they take to brunch on Sunday morning..........they're all white gay men!!! Where is this so-called "diversity" they love?

    Interracial dating is still rare for white gay men. Gay men of color are much more willing to date outside their race, and often do.

    This load of crap brought to you by some dude who only wants to date white guys.

    Puh

    Fucking


    Leeze.

    And I can tell you that I have burned down buildings with the sex I've had with Indian guys.

  30. #80
    Execuvette Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,931

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Evelyone is a rittre bit lacist!
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  31. #81
    Dimples glasvegas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    3,780
    Blog Entries
    10

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by pat grimshaw View Post
    There was another thread here when a JUBber was seething with his pain.

    He told me his pain was caused by his being a minority. And when I quizzed him he said he spent big money to live in another country where he knew he would be living as a minority.
    Hi Uncle Pat. So nice of you reference me in here. And I wasn't seething my pain, I was just reporting what I experienced.

  32. #82
    ...is no hippie Harke the Boeotarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Widower
    Posts
    10,624

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by glasvegas View Post
    Hi Uncle Pat. So nice of you reference me in here. And I wasn't seething my pain, I was just reporting what I experienced.
    I think your fried shrimp just wasn't hot enough to add enough sizzle to the sushi and now you're blaming Australia.

    [edit] Yeah it was addressed to Pat, but as a stakeholder I feel obliged to butt in.
    Last edited by Harke the Boeotarch; February 15th, 2013 at 05:38 PM.

  33. #83
    WTF????? refujiunderground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    10,166
    Blog Entries
    43

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by Harke the Boeotarch View Post
    I think your fried shrimp just wasn't hot enough to add enough sizzle to the sushi and now you're blaming Australia.
    one thing about the closet/you don't have to hurry/it will be bad tomorrow/so brother, don't you worry

  34. #84
    Dimples glasvegas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    3,780
    Blog Entries
    10

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by Harke the Boeotarch View Post
    I think your fried shrimp just wasn't hot enough to add enough sizzle to the sushi and now you're blaming Australia.

    [edit] Yeah it was addressed to Pat, but as a stakeholder I feel obliged to butt in.
    I am not Japanese but thank you for trying.

  35. #85
    ...is no hippie Harke the Boeotarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Widower
    Posts
    10,624

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by glasvegas View Post
    I am not Japanese but thank you for trying.
    The Isamu Nosushi phenomenon is not limited to the Nipponese.

  36. #86
    nerd of prey hylas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Brussels
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    2,725

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    i do have my own issues of internalized racism; i aknowledge it, i dont feel good about that part of myself, and i try very hard to change it (with moderate success.) i do not expect people to be attracted to all ethnicities equally. however, i do expect people to realize and aknowledge that these issues exists, to show some basic decency and consideration, to not dismiss and downplay it, to not be assholes about it. to listen and open their minds, instead of switching to defcon.

  37. #87
    Respira MissAnne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Posts
    1,951

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    This reasearch makes me miss school so much.

    Very interesting.
    " For all there is to feel, let it be felt"
    ― Emeli Sande

  38. #88
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    11,232

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard-up1 View Post
    As we are all People of Color, I don't use that term nor find it meaningful. In any and every culture on the planet, there are majorities and minorities, some racial, most cultural, some deprived, some privileged, and everything in between.
    People of Color is talking about the racial minorities in white-dominated western societies, particular in the Americas, and not about cultural or other- forms of group distinction.

    It is just another term for racial minorities and, many people feel, a more inclusive/positive term.

    Just pointing out that you said you don't find it meaningful and then compared it to a bunch of situations to which the term was never meant to imply, like racial or ethnic or cultural or socioeconomic hierarchies in other societies elsewhere. It's specific to the context I mentioned above and is meaningful in that context.

  39. #89
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    11,232

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard-up1 View Post
    No, I'm intentionally using it loosely. Much about racism is actually a cultural clash more than anything about race exclusively.

    So, POC is yet another term that gets used as a sociopolitical correction that tends to upstage the actual discussion by redefining normal everyday realities.

    All people have color, and no one I've ever met in any first person encounter ever considered himself and referred to himself as a person of color. They have all termed themselves either Black, White, Native, Chinese. POC is a PC term reserved for rarified discourse.

    In JUB's attempts to discuss race, it invariably returns to a pattern of throwing out all of another's member's posting, attitudes, and friendships, and attempting to force some esoteric concession on a narrow slice of the race discussion. I've posted on JUB in Hot Topics for over seven years, and seen precious little of anything that can be termed hostile to another race. We have thousands of members, and it is truly rare, despite the constant spin on here about it. It exists on here, but the constant witch hunt to find more of it than is here, or to expose some other member is just a gratuitous exercise that fosters paranoia.

    It's much like the notion that racism cannot be from a minority against the majority population or ethnic group. Whereas that may be current or accurate in academic redefinition or narrowed use, the dictionary reveals that racism is racism, plain and simple, without the redefinition.
    This is factually incorrect in the context we're talking about (the U.S.) where race has been hard defined and codified by law in much of U.S. history when it comes to de jure segregation, discrimination and a racist distribution of legal and social rights by race.

    No, it wasn't just "a clash of cultures." Considering that neither Natives nor blacks in U.S. had much say in the matter in terms of being forced to interact with a white culture that classified them, openly and legally, as subhuman or with subordinate rights, saying it was just a clash of cultures is euphemizing history at best.
    Last edited by xbuzzerx; February 15th, 2013 at 08:56 PM.

  40. #90
    PerScientiam AdJustitiam bankside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Beware the deepity.
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married (to a man)
    Posts
    17,722
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Actually, the context is "the gay community" not "the US."

  41. #91
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    11,232

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by bankside View Post
    Actually, the context is "the gay community" not "the US."
    Not on the specific point we're discussing no.

  42. #92
    PerScientiam AdJustitiam bankside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Beware the deepity.
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married (to a man)
    Posts
    17,722
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    Not on the specific point we're discussing no.
    Ahh. Yes, now I follow...

  43. #93
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    11,232

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard-up1 View Post
    It's much like the notion that racism cannot be from a minority against the majority population or ethnic group. Whereas that may be current or accurate in academic redefinition or narrowed use, the dictionary reveals that racism is racism, plain and simple, without the redefinition.
    The problem with the definition in the dictionary (which is not the one used in academia) is that it equates "I don't like white people" with "Purple people are inferior, should not be allowed to testify in court, should not be able to purchase homes in white communities etc."

    Your tone implies this is just some made-up distinction when the difference is incredibly stark between racial prejudice and racist beliefs.

    POC is a PC term reserved for rarified discourse.
    Really?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	segregation-drinking-fountain.JPG 
Views:	320 
Size:	76.9 KB 
ID:	930287


    People have just 'invented' this term out of some kind of imposition of political correctness?

    Presumably you know what the NAACP stands for?
    Last edited by xbuzzerx; February 15th, 2013 at 09:26 PM.

  44. #94
    Do you lick pussy?
    Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Houston
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    12,066
    Blog Entries
    11

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    LMAO! Did I really just read that top quote? Ben, seriously, did you just imply blacks all carry Rastafarian hairdos and Indian guys all look like devout Sikhs or something, and they should stop if they want white dates?
    I have a feeling Benvolio is a really old white guy still living in the 50's

  45. #95
    stop the bullshit rareboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    35,189

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    I Love Threads Like This.

    It is so good to see everyone pull their pants down and show us what they got when it comes to perspectives on race and sexual preferences.

    Predictably, it brings out the inner beauty of some and exposes the dark and ugly white supremacist soul of others.

    Inevitably the racists on the site will withdraw before they cross a CoC line so that they can continue to play and someone will end up leaving JUB because they find the naked racism of avatars like Benvolio and a couple of others for instance, off-putting and disturbing.

  46. #96
    JUB Addict umjreon88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    1,121
    Blog Entries
    4

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by rareboy View Post
    I Love Threads Like This.

    It is so good to see everyone pull their pants down and show us what they got when it comes to perspectives on race and sexual preferences.

    Predictably, it brings out the inner beauty of some and exposes the dark and ugly white supremacist soul of others.

    Inevitably the racists on the site will withdraw before they cross a CoC line so that they can continue to play and someone will end up leaving JUB because they find the naked racism of avatars like Benvolio and a couple of others for instance, off-putting and disturbing.
    Totally agree! Some of these comments are so vile that I cannot imagine someone saying that to me in a discussion! However, I've had such a remark being thrown at me before. I was polite initially, then I went into full-blast mode. Needless to say, the person was left with nothing but shame and the need to reflect on his damned life...
    "... You think the only people who are people
    Are the people who look and think like you ..." - Colours of the Wind by Vanessa Williams

  47. #97
    JUB Addict kayman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Atlanta
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Posts
    1,313
    Blog Entries
    12

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by rareboy View Post
    I Love Threads Like This.

    It is so good to see everyone pull their pants down and show us what they got when it comes to perspectives on race and sexual preferences.

    Predictably, it brings out the inner beauty of some and exposes the dark and ugly white supremacist soul of others.

    Inevitably the racists on the site will withdraw before they cross a CoC line so that they can continue to play and someone will end up leaving JUB because they find the naked racism of avatars like Benvolio and a couple of others for instance, off-putting and disturbing.


    Uh huh, yes it does, indeed.

  48. #98

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by kayman23 View Post


    Uh huh, yes it does, indeed.
    Actually, mine was the only constructive suggestion when hylas asked white he could not make more white friends. I suggested the clean cut look. Who else offered something constructive?
    I did point out that minority men tend to wear facial hair, but that is cultural, not racial.

  49. #99
    Do you lick pussy?
    Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Houston
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    12,066
    Blog Entries
    11

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My revised outlook on racism in the gay community

    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    Actually, mine was the only constructive suggestion when hylas asked white he could not make more white friends. I suggested the clean cut look. Who else offered something constructive?
    I did point out that minority men tend to wear facial hair, but that is cultural, not racial.
    Except the majority of white guys aren't doing the clean cut look either. Minority men tend to have a cleaner look that the white boys out there today.

    Still everything your saying is highly ignorant and racist.

  50. #100
    Execuvette Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,931

    Code of Conduct
    I love me some scruff personally.
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.