JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

remove these banner ads by becoming a JUB Supporter.

Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    MikeyLove
    Guest

    Power of Prayer in the form of the Catholic Rosary

    Here's an article I read on Facebook:

    Saint Michaels Angels

    YOU'VE GOTTA READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I promise you WONT be disapointed......

    Evidence:"During the Second World War atomic bombs were dropped on two Japanese cities: Hiroshima and Nagasaki. An extraordinary thing happened at both sites. A unique group of men survived a nuclear blast that killed nearly all other people even at over ten times further from the blast.

    Quoted Text Truncated: Source Link: http://www.pdtsigns.com/hirosh.html
    Last edited by opinterph; January 27th, 2013 at 04:40 PM. Reason: truncated full verbatim quote from external source; added quote tags; added source link

  2. #2

    Re: Power of Prayer in the form of the Catholic Rosary

    the level of delusion is astonishing , a complete fabrication in everything . That anyone can even post something so absurd is perhaps some sort of moral lesson . Sanity is quite optional , possibly unnecessary .

  3. #3

    Re: Power of Prayer in the form of the Catholic Rosary

    it is unfortunate for all of us that the principal organized system of ethics is conditional upon and irrevocably tied to believing in absurd mediaeval fantasies .
    Last edited by csb999; January 27th, 2013 at 08:20 AM.

  4. #4
    PerScientiam AdJustitiam bankside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Middle of Snowwhere.
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married (to a man)
    Posts
    15,985
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Power of Prayer in the form of the Catholic Rosary

    This is less an example of God's grace in saving the Jesuits, and more about God's cruelty in allowing the rest of the residents of Nagasaki and Hiroshima to have their lungs filled with fire and their skulls crushed and their limbs torn off by a million degree blast wave, only to finish dying by being crushed under a heap of rubble.

    Clearly Go has not understood the lesson of compassion his son Jesus was supposedly sent to teach.
    Americans need to keep their guns so they can protect themselves from gun violence just like Nancy Lanza did. And like Chris Kyle did. And like Gabby Giffords did. And like Tom Clements did. And like Michael Piemonte. And Joseph Wilcox.

  5. #5
    JUB Addict FirmaFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,058

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Power of Prayer in the form of the Catholic Rosary

    This is a wonderful example of conformation bias, where a presupposed truth is confirmed by data that has been selectively favored to supported the already held belief. It is remembering the "hits" and forgetting the "misses", and is exactly what the article in the OP demonstrates. The survival of the priests is made to seem like a unique event, when, in reality, there were people far closer to the epicenter that survived as well.

    The state of the building itself seems widely exaggerated as well, considering this is what was left of it:

    http://www.aasc.ucla.edu/cab/imgCont...0708160004.jpg

    There is talk of Hubert Schiffer surviving without any effects of radiation sickness, but there is no mention of the condition of any of the other priests who survived - some did exhibit and eventually die from radiation sickness.

    And then there is the problem bankside brought up - if god was able to save the lives of 8 priests, that means he was also capable of saving the lives of the scores of children who were completely innocent to any of the events of WWII, but deliberately chose NOT to save them. If I were to accept the article posted in the OP as true, I would be completely disinclined to worship the god who would save the lives of 8 men because they prayed around a rosary, and allowed young children to die or suffer the devastating effects of radiation sickness.

  6. #6
    MikeyLove
    Guest

    Re: Power of Prayer in the form of the Catholic Rosary

    Quote Originally Posted by csb999 View Post
    the level of delusion is astonishing , a complete fabrication in everything . That anyone can even post something so absurd is perhaps some sort of moral lesson . Sanity is quite optional , possibly unnecessary .
    What is so absurd about what happened to those 8 Jesuit Priests? For a few moments, place yourself in their shoes and get an idea on how they have felt before, during, and after the Atomic Blast.

  7. #7
    On the Prowl Nemothepanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Spring Lake
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    91

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Power of Prayer in the form of the Catholic Rosary

    I think innocent women and children are more deserving on being protected than eight old men with the intent on changing the beliefs of the local population.

  8. #8
    MikeyLove
    Guest

    Re: Power of Prayer in the form of the Catholic Rosary

    Quote Originally Posted by Nemothepanda View Post
    I think innocent women and children are more deserving on being protected than eight old men with the intent on changing the beliefs of the local population.
    Read the article again and you will see why they came out of that ball of fire...Now, if the entire Population was as faithful to the call of the message of fatima, they too would have been saved from the Atomic Blast.

  9. #9
    PerScientiam AdJustitiam bankside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Middle of Snowwhere.
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married (to a man)
    Posts
    15,985
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Power of Prayer in the form of the Catholic Rosary

    What an ugly idea.
    Americans need to keep their guns so they can protect themselves from gun violence just like Nancy Lanza did. And like Chris Kyle did. And like Gabby Giffords did. And like Tom Clements did. And like Michael Piemonte. And Joseph Wilcox.

  10. #10
    JUB Addict
    zoltanspawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    4,484
    Blog Entries
    8

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Power of Prayer in the form of the Catholic Rosary

    Proud, vicious, tribalistic and ignorant.

    Where is the god that loves all his children?
    pro bonobo

  11. #11
    PerScientiam AdJustitiam bankside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Middle of Snowwhere.
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married (to a man)
    Posts
    15,985
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Power of Prayer in the form of the Catholic Rosary

    No one said God was kind, reasonable, or fair. Oh wait....
    Americans need to keep their guns so they can protect themselves from gun violence just like Nancy Lanza did. And like Chris Kyle did. And like Gabby Giffords did. And like Tom Clements did. And like Michael Piemonte. And Joseph Wilcox.

  12. #12
    Sex God
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Middleburg Hts (Cleveland)
    Gender
    Male
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    694

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Power of Prayer in the form of the Catholic Rosary

    Thank you MikeyLove for an interesting mystery. Maybe someday we will be able to figure out how God did that.

  13. #13
    On the Prowl Nemothepanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Spring Lake
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    91

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Power of Prayer in the form of the Catholic Rosary

    Or God could be nice and protect innocent bystanders for being innocent bystanders.

  14. #14
    JUB Addict FirmaFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,058

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Power of Prayer in the form of the Catholic Rosary

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyLove View Post
    Read the article again and you will see why they came out of that ball of fire...Now, if the entire Population was as faithful to the call of the message of fatima, they too would have been saved from the Atomic Blast.
    The implication that innocent children were deserving of the blast because they were not "as faithful to the call of the message of fatima" is disgusting.

  15. #15
    MikeyLove
    Guest

    Re: Power of Prayer in the form of the Catholic Rosary

    Quote Originally Posted by FirmaFan View Post
    The implication that innocent children were deserving of the blast because they were not "as faithful to the call of the message of fatima" is disgusting.
    Go to a Catholic Theologian, and ask him what he thinks of the article.

  16. #16
    johaninsc
    Guest

    Re: Power of Prayer in the form of the Catholic Rosary

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyLove View Post
    Go to a Catholic Theologian, and ask him what he thinks of the article.
    why?...a Catholic theologian would be biased; his answer would most certainly be in line with your beliefs on this matter

  17. #17
    JUB Addict
    zoltanspawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    4,484
    Blog Entries
    8

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Power of Prayer in the form of the Catholic Rosary

    People make choices about the versions of history they choose to tell. (And for that matter, make choices about versions of all sorts of facts and fictions.)

    In this case, we are being presented with a version of history that edits out the real suffering that people endured. Starvation, disfigurement, incineration, agonizing burns, blindness, homelessness, disease, on and on. Moreover, the victims of the bombing are blamed for their incredible suffering because they were alien heathens. A miniature, select tribe is spared by this monster rendition of god.

    These ideas are in and of themselves inflammatory.

    I think if people have the temerity to lay blame on the terrible suffering these people and children endured they are culpable to give that suffering a good hard look. Did that child deserve to be brutalized? Did that impoverished idiot deserve her agony? Did that little old man deserve to be scorched alive?

    This is one of the most mind-boggling and appalling visions of deity I've read recently. It's one of the most outrageously grotesque threads I've seen on JUB. And it's done more to lower my estimation of catholicism generally than anything heretofore. I have to remind myself that catholics may encounter officially sanctioned beliefs, but many individuals will reflect on them differently. I would like to believe there is a fair number who would disagree with both this ugly and disgusting version of their god and this absurd version of history.

    The real story of the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki deserves to be told, however repugnant and difficult that subject matter may be. Recreating the events to blame the victims is a sick theology. (AIDS is sanctioned by god on those who deserve it.) And revising history to ignore the real suffering of the innocent people who endured it is reminiscent of holocaust denial.
    pro bonobo

  18. #18
    PerScientiam AdJustitiam bankside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Middle of Snowwhere.
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married (to a man)
    Posts
    15,985
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Power of Prayer in the form of the Catholic Rosary

    Quote Originally Posted by zoltanspawn View Post
    People make choices about the versions of history they choose to tell. (And for that matter, make choices about versions of all sorts of facts and fictions.)

    In this case, we are being presented with a version of history that edits out the real suffering that people endured. Starvation, disfigurement, incineration, agonizing burns, blindness, homelessness, disease, on and on. Moreover, the victims of the bombing are blamed for their incredible suffering because they were alien heathens. A miniature, select tribe is spared by this monster rendition of god.

    These ideas are in and of themselves inflammatory.

    I think if people have the temerity to lay blame on the terrible suffering these people and children endured they are culpable to give that suffering a good hard look. Did that child deserve to be brutalized? Did that impoverished idiot deserve her agony? Did that little old man deserve to be scorched alive?

    This is one of the most mind-boggling and appalling visions of deity I've read recently. It's one of the most outrageously grotesque threads I've seen on JUB. And it's done more to lower my estimation of catholicism generally than anything heretofore. I have to remind myself that catholics may encounter officially sanctioned beliefs, but many individuals will reflect on them differently. I would like to believe there is a fair number who would disagree with both this ugly and disgusting version of their god and this absurd version of history.

    The real story of the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki deserves to be told, however repugnant and difficult that subject matter may be. Recreating the events to blame the victims is a sick theology. (AIDS is sanctioned by god on those who deserve it.) And revising history to ignore the real suffering of the innocent people who endured it is reminiscent of holocaust denial.
    I think it is, at heart, a faithful account of how most believers and theologians would describe the god they revere.
    Americans need to keep their guns so they can protect themselves from gun violence just like Nancy Lanza did. And like Chris Kyle did. And like Gabby Giffords did. And like Tom Clements did. And like Michael Piemonte. And Joseph Wilcox.

  19. #19
    Sex God Mariatenebre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Transexual Female
    Orientation
    Straight
    Posts
    939

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Power of Prayer in the form of the Catholic Rosary

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyLove View Post
    Read the article again and you will see why they came out of that ball of fire...Now, if the entire Population was as faithful to the call of the message of fatima, they too would have been saved from the Atomic Blast.
    Yes the bullshit idea of your religion that if people convert to it they will be spared and that unbelievers deserve atrocitites that come to them.

    These people survived as many do as a fluke. Plus there have been many Catholic Churches and people destroyed by natural and human disasters and your god wasn't there helping any of them.

    Yet another example of the depravity of Christianity and why I support the Japanese in keeping it out of their country.

  20. #20
    JUB Addict
    zoltanspawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    4,484
    Blog Entries
    8

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Power of Prayer in the form of the Catholic Rosary

    Quote Originally Posted by bankside View Post
    I think it is, at heart, a faithful account of how most believers and theologians would describe the god they revere.
    That may be true, and it's shameful.

    I've known a handful of Christians, though, whose thoughtfulness, care and loving makes me not want to condemn the lot.

    (Same goes for atheists. ).
    pro bonobo

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.