JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

remove these banner ads by becoming a JUB Supporter.

Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. #1
    tombastep
    Guest

    What would you do?

    Say you're out with a friend and he/she got into an altercation with someone. Let's say he/she was in the wrong in this hypothetical situation. In that moment would you inform your friend that they were in the wrong? Or would you inform them later after the fact?

  2. #2
    Marty Saybrooke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,186

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What would you do?

    I'd tell them right then and there.
    I make my bed with the stars above my head and dream of a place called home.

  3. #3
    Do I dare to eat a peach?
    palbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Coastal Downeast Maine
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    10,967

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What would you do?

    Quote Originally Posted by Saybrooke View Post
    I'd tell them right then and there.
    ^^^^^ This.

  4. #4
    Thankfully Liberal & Gay
    frankfrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Illinois (Agent Provocateur and Refujiunderground you can do it)
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    15,463
    Blog Entries
    5

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What would you do?

    ^ If my mind is thinking clearly enough, yes.

    More than likely I'd be so shocked and surprised that my mind wouldn't process it quickly and sensibly. I don't process violence very well.
    "All legal U. S. residents who are 18 years or older, shall have an unconditional right to vote." - We need a 28th Amendment to the U. S. Constitution which resembles this...NOW!

    VOTING: Just remember: "Be careful of what you DON'T wish for. You might just get it." GET OUT AND VOTE for what you DO wish for.

    "I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires" - Susan B. Anthony

  5. #5
    Lions&Tigers&Bears Oh My!
    eastofeden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    5,266
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What would you do?

    If it was a good friend and I respected them I would tell them right there and then....

    ...anything less than that...no. I have learned to pick my battles carefully over the years.

  6. #6
    tombastep
    Guest

    Re: What would you do?

    Hm, kind of surprised. I'd wait to tell them considering it is my friend and doing it right then and there might seem like betraying them by taking the other persons side.

  7. #7
    mitchymo
    Guest

    Re: What would you do?

    In fairness to the other person, i'd tell my friend if they were the one in the wrong.

  8. #8
    nerd of prey hylas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Brussels
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    2,702

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What would you do?

    it really depends on the situation. maybe your friend was very agitated in that moment, and it would be better to wait until they calmed down. critisizing an agitated person - even if its justified - can turn them defensive; if that happens, they may feel betrayed and stop listening to you.

    edit: i would, in that very moment, focus on breaking up the dispute rather than taking sides.

  9. #9
    JUB Addict HunterM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    6,497

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What would you do?

    I would tell my friend that he/she is in the wrong right away to prevent further heated escalation/altercation. You don't know if the other person or his/her friends have a gun or not.

  10. #10
    Definitely after -- like a day or so later. I would never not take my friend's side in a fight. I don 't care if he's dead wrong. I would never publicly embarass my friend.

  11. #11
    Sex God Str8Top14701's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jamestown
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Married
    Posts
    577

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What would you do?

    Depends on the friend and the situation. Trying to tell them when they're in the heat of the moment is probably not going to make it past their anger and into their brain. Some people need to calm down. But sometimes you do need to grab them and tell them what's what.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Seattle
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    7,196
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What would you do?

    No tell them right there. It's YOUR opinion and not an absolute wrong. Well OK of they kill the person then yeah...but I assume this is nOT the case.

  13. #13
    JUB Addict EuroSoccer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    1,312

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What would you do?

    Quote Originally Posted by tombastep View Post
    Hm, kind of surprised. I'd wait to tell them considering it is my friend and doing it right then and there might seem like betraying them by taking the other persons side.
    Yeah, but the thing is, you try to protect your friend.
    So if it is clear he is making a fool of himself in front of others I would tell him.
    If it is just a trivial matter and there are not many people around I would shut up.

    If the altercation become physical, I'd defend him even if he is in the wrong.
    After I would kick his arse though.

  14. #14
    tombastep
    Guest

    Re: What would you do?

    Quote Originally Posted by cgymike View Post
    No tell them right there. It's YOUR opinion and not an absolute wrong.
    Uh, ok?

    ........

  15. #15
    WTF????? refujiunderground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    10,116
    Blog Entries
    43

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What would you do?

    actually, i would say move on your own discretion. you SHOULD tell them but you should wait until the right time. if you feel it can't wait where you have to tell them right then and there that they're wrong, then tell them there. if they're heated where you're afraid they might lash out on you, then save your words for another time where they've calmed down.
    one thing about the closet/you don't have to hurry/it will be bad tomorrow/so brother, don't you worry

  16. #16
    tombastep
    Guest

    Re: What would you do?

    Quote Originally Posted by EuroSoccer View Post
    Yeah, but the thing is, you try to protect your friend.
    So if it is clear he is making a fool of himself in front of others I would tell him.
    If it is just a trivial matter and there are not many people around I would shut up.

    If the altercation become physical, I'd defend him even if he is in the wrong.
    After I would kick his arse though.
    It's not protecting him I am speaking of. I would do my best to try to not let the situation escalate but at the same time I am not going to sit there and point fingers at my friend while the altercation is occurring. I am his friend I am not going to further embarrass him if he is in the wrong, I am going to take him/her aside and talk about it later. Not in front of other people.

  17. #17
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,752

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What would you do?

    Quote Originally Posted by tombastep View Post
    Hm, kind of surprised. I'd wait to tell them considering it is my friend and doing it right then and there might seem like betraying them by taking the other persons side.
    It depends a LOT on the context. Like when you say altercation I don't know if you mean someone's about to get beaten up over something or what. Or if it's just an argument.

    If it's just an argument, I would wait and tell them afterwards-- after they calmed down. I wouldn't jump into an argument against my friend with some third party I didn't know.

  18. #18
    JUB Addict loveguys72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,335

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What would you do?

    This is the right answer.

    Quote Originally Posted by Saybrooke View Post
    I'd tell them right then and there.

  19. #19
    Sex God MrRochesterNY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Rochester (Irondequoit)
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Posts
    695

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What would you do?

    Too many people here are writing "tell them," when they really mean "tell him." I'm telling you that right now.

  20. #20
    tombastep
    Guest

    Re: What would you do?

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post

    If it's just an argument, I would wait and tell them afterwards-- after they calmed down. I wouldn't jump into an argument against my friend with some third party I didn't know.
    Well, why this question came up was because of an argument. My one best friend of FB came on and made a very pissed off status status about a "buddy" or ours who took the strangers side and said he was in the wrong. He felt betrayed because of it and thought the guy was a coward for doing that.

    I don't know what it was about first hand but knowing this guy for like 11+ years now I know enough to say he doesn't walk up to people starting trouble.

  21. #21

    Re: What would you do?

    Right then and there
    Eternal youth and endless life. I'll sacrifice everything and everyone to obtain it

  22. #22
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,752

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What would you do?

    Quote Originally Posted by tombastep View Post
    Well, why this question came up was because of an argument. My one best friend of FB came on and made a very pissed off status status about a "buddy" or ours who took the strangers side and said he was in the wrong. He felt betrayed because of it and thought the guy was a coward for doing that.

    I don't know what it was about first hand but knowing this guy for like 11+ years now I know enough to say he doesn't walk up to people starting trouble.
    I can understand both sides.

    There are certain things where I might not be able to hold back my own view. It would depend how controversial the topic was and how strongly I felt about it.

    But in general-- I would see jumping into an argument against my own friend with a third party as disloyalty and embarrassing my friend in front of someone else. I would do it privately.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.