Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Chris Christie slams NRA’s Obama daughters ad

Chris Christie chimed in on the NRA's ad that suggested that Obama is a hypocrite being against guns while his family (daughters here) has armed guards

CC tells it like he sees it - much to the chagrin of many of his fellow Republicans

The NRA is not very media savvy are they

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie blasted the National Rifle Association for an ad that pointed out President Barack Obama’s daughters have armed protection, calling it “reprehensible” and saying elected officials’ kids should be off-limits.
    “Don’t be dragging people’s children into this,” he said. “It’s wrong and I think it demeans them and it makes them less of a valid trusted source of information on the real issues that confront this debate.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/0...-ad-86365.html

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Re: Chris Christie slams NRA’s Obama daughters ad

Christie seems to be one of the few Republicans with his fingers on the Nation's pulse. Like him more every time he speaks.

JUB Addict

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

He should become a Dem or an Independent---like so many other east coast GOP---it's hopeless and has been for a long time if you have any common sense to run nationwide---you can be fiscally conservative and be for human rights and common sense and be a dem or independent--otherwise--he'll go the way of another east coast Italian Gulliani-- if he runs for pres as part of the moron GOP---I mean if he doesn't change parties before he runs for pres---Christie will miss out on campaigning in the south and eating fried butter on a stick

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by chance1 View Post
    Chris Christie chimed in on the NRA's ad that suggested that Obama is a hypocrite being against guns while his family (daughters here) has armed guards
    CC tells it like he sees it - much to the chagrin of many of his fellow any current Republican

There... fixed it.

JUB Addict

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

As well he should slam it. The NRA isn't doing any favors for themselves by airing ads like this.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

The NRA is completely out of touch with the mainstream. Their PR is in shambles, catering to only the lowest common denominator. Should the NRA get out of the back pocket of the gun manufacturers and stop being their defacto lobbyists in Washington, they might have a little more legitimacy with the gun control advocates. Until they do, just follow the money. What can be said by a lobby that spends millions of dollars to lobby its opinion. It is not about the right to own a gun but a tradition of allowing a morally corrupt organization like the NRA to spread its influence on politics. Thinly disguised as some constitutional right organization, it supports the agenda of greedy weapons manufacturers, while enlisting the support of gullible and reactionary hunters and gun enthusiasts to help lobby their point.

CC is right.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Until I see him support marriage equality, all he says to me is just giving political blowjobs so that he can cement his 2016 candidacy. Empty words. He can act as moderate as he wants, but his only act as far as the gay community is concerned, is his veto on marriage equality. So he can frankly go fuck himself with all his sudden post-November 6 disagreement with the GOP.
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by Rolyo85 View Post
    Until I see him support marriage equality, all he says to me is just giving political blowjobs so that he can cement his 2016 candidacy. Empty words. He can act as moderate as he wants, but his only act as far as the gay community is concerned, is his veto on marriage equality. So he can frankly go fuck himself with all his sudden post-November 6 disagreement with the GOP.
    how nuanced

and your "sudden" depiction is just not accurate - CC was and is a moderate thinker/politician - it's the reason why he got elected in NJ which is a heavily democratic state

keeping up with issues outside of stances on gay marriage would be a good first step towards understanding the world better and being able to capably comment

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Well said; and understood. But I cannot fault him for deferring to a popular referendum.

Legislative fiat establishing marriage equality in Maine was easily overturned by the voters. The next time it came up -- by citizen initative -- it passed comfortably. Perhaps Christie's thinking is similar.

I would rather the voters endorse such a measure.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by palbert View Post
    Well said; and understood. But I cannot fault him for deferring to a popular referendum.

Legislative fiat establishing marriage equality in Maine was easily overturned by the voters. The next time it came up -- by citizen initative -- it passed comfortably. Perhaps Christie's thinking is similar.

LOL - except this is about CC's comments about the NRA, gun control, etc.

not about gay marriage

so off topic much ??

Orientation
    Gay

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Yup poster up above said it very well.

NRA is just a paid shill for gun manufacturers, nothing more, nothing less.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

LOL - except this is about CC's comments about the NRA, gun control, etc.

not about gay marriage

so off topic much ??
    Not titled ON-TOPIC. (A frequent oversight.)

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

^ LOL - I sorta have expectations that posters will use their good judgement - too much to ask ?

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Gay marriage should not be a popular vote issue. If the people are behind it - all the better. If they're not - tough luck, we need to try and get it to work regardless. But to deffer to the people as a default setting of passing marriage equality, is a cynical and unacceptable decision, because it says our rights aren't really inherent, they're the matter of how popular we are.

As for the topic - CC is a cunning politician with his finger on the pulse of the moment. Which is great for him, and I imagine he could even be a good president, who knows? But to me, his only action that concerns me has been harmful, so until he remedies that, all else is really quite meaningless. It's not that I don't care about it, it's just that - as has been established multiple times on here - to me gay rights trump all else when I am judging a politician.
    Last edited by Rolyo85; January 19th, 2013 at 01:11 PM.
    - Gene Wolfe

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

OFF-TOPIC: Self-restraint is.

Slut

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

all he says to me is just giving political blowjobs so that he can cement his 2016 candidacy.
    Yep, that's what it's all about. I certainly wouldn't vote for him, and would be embarrassed to see someone like him represent the country. He's ghetto trash from New Jersey. He should be a castmember on Jersey Shore.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe5 View Post
    Yep, that's what it's all about. I certainly wouldn't vote for him, and would be embarrassed to see someone like him represent the country. He's ghetto trash from New Jersey. He should be a castmember on Jersey Shore.
    "ghetto trash" ?

what the fuck does that mean ?

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

"ghetto trash" ?

what the fuck does that mean ?
    Yeah, what Chance said. Christie grew up in Livingston, NJ, an upscale town. He's suburban trash.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Gay marriage should not be a popular vote issue. If the people are behind it - all the better. If they're not - tough luck, we need to try and get it to work regardless. But to deffer to the people as a default setting of passing marriage equality, is a cynical and unacceptable decision, because it says our rights aren't really inherent, they're the matter of how popular we are. ....
    An admirable philosophical position, but somewhat at odds with political reality.

boom boom chaos maker crimsonpaine's Avatar
    Orientation
    Gay
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyBob View Post
    As well he should slam it. The NRA isn't doing any favors for themselves by airing ads like this.
    Membership is up a quarter million in the last month, so they aren't doing too bad for themselves.
    I may be bad, but I'm perfectly good at it.

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by nycguydowntown View Post
    he'll go the way of another east coast Italian Gulliani
    Christie is only half Italian. His mother is Sicilian. However, his father is of Scottish descent. I imagine if the press got a picture of Christie on the beach in his bathing suit, he'd probably look like the Scottish character "Fat Bastard" from the Austin Powers movies.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

An admirable philosophical position, but somewhat at odds with political reality.

Not really. Of the nine states with marriage equality, how many of them depended on the popular vote to put it there?
    - Gene Wolfe

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Probably all 9 given that citizen iniatives never materialized or failed, or the Courts circumvented those processes.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

"Probably" is great, but in the end, those were legislative or court decisions, except for Maine, and EVEN there the popular vote only overturned a previous overturning of a legally passed law. Christie denied New Jersey the right to show where it stands. In the end, we don't even know whether NJ was behind this legislation, or not.
    - Gene Wolfe

JUB Addict

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonpaine View Post
    Membership is up a quarter million in the last month, so they aren't doing too bad for themselves.
    That's what they claim but I don't buy it. They've been very aggressive in their recruitment. They even sent me a large envelope with a bunch of scare tactic form letters using the re-election of the President as the fear factor. They included a fancy plastic embossed with my name membership card so officially I'm a member of the NRA even tho I didn't join.

The letter from old Wayne states, "...after the recent elections, freedom's enemies are on the march. They've vowed to fight on and won't surrender until they've banned and confiscated our guns......You are under attack by the UN, anti-hunting extremists, radical billionaires and the freedom-hating Hollywood elite."

A load of crap. If they are claiming their membership increased by a quarter million in one month, it's because they're sending out these "temporary memberships" to anyone on their mailing list.

And I got this before the horrors of new Newtown massacre of children.

Don't buy into this right wing propaganda.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

^ right wing propaganda ? it's being reported on left wing cable networks - see msnbc as an example

the reason IMO is that the left wing loons instead of staying with the facts

instead demonizes gun owners - publishing the name of gun owners in westchester is an example

there's no need to point a finger at gun owners - there's a need to create stricter standards, reduce bigger clips and auto weapons

the reality is this is a winning argument and much better w/o the usual progressive bullshit

but when the president as the standard bearer buys into the concept it's hard to stop

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by GiancarloC View Post
    Sorry chance, but Christie needs to abandon ship. The republican party is sinking. Moderate republicans have been leaving the party in droves... especially after the republicans have showed a refusal to change. On that token, I'll take a democrat any day over Christie. I don't care if Christie is a "so called moderate" on some issues. He's not a moderate enough for me. And he's still part of the republican party and that's another red flag. I'm sure if a more inspiring democrat comes around in New Jersey he would be voted in. And not to pick on the man, but I'd rather see this country represented by someone who isn't at risk for heart attack.

The Presidency is a tough job with a great deal of stress. I don't think he is in that good of health.

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2...-liver-disease

This is from a while back. Chris Christie needs to be in optimal health if he were to fulfill the duties of President. Obama for example is in excellent health and kicked his cigarette habit several years ago.

I don't like going down this road... but if he were to want to run for office he seriously needs to get into shape. I'm sure Drew Carey could give him some tips... considering they share many political viewpoints.
    another silly thought that the only good politician is a democratic one

so dumb

and who has been leaving in droves ?

christie has credibility - and his position here - whether u agree or not - is something u want from a politician - a real life opinion and not afraid to say it

i admire that in him - don't always agree with him - but we'd be much better off with MORE of him than less

probably hard to have MORE of him - he might burst

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

They are most certainly distorting their numbers. The public opinion has strongly shifted against the NRA and the pro-gun lobby. This is just the reality. They know public opinion has shifted against them. They probably attracted a few more right wing nutters and that is that. It's not going to change the ultimate direction of this country... where stricter regulations are in place.

And it doesn't matter if it's being reported on MSNBC. MSNBC was reporting that the NRA made the claim. Still doesn't make it true.
    i'm sure that reported gun sales going up up up - again reported by all the main stream media

is all lies - propoganda

the only truth is the truth i believe in - a progressive's mantra

LOL

Orientation
    Gay

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

i'm sure that reported gun sales going up up up - again reported by all the main stream media

is all lies - propoganda

the only truth is the truth i believe in - a progressive's mantra

LOL
    So gun nuts who were already gun nuts before the shootings and the possibility of regulations ran out and bought more guns.

So?

JUB Addict

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

another silly thought that the only good politician is a democratic one
    Republican Presidents?... let's take a look at them starting with the most recent since WWII:

George W Bush: do I really need to go into that?

George HW Bush: Gulf War, "Read my Lips, no new taxes", one term

Ronald Reagan: Iran Contra, James Watt, ignored AIDS, quadruptled the debt, scandal-ridden Presidency.....read all about it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reagan_...ation_scandals

Gerald Ford :I'm a Ford, Not a Lincoln. Appointed by Nixon, not elected, worthless.

Richard Nixon: Watergate, resigned in shame ... need I say more?

Dwight D Eisenhower: Turned away while organized crime grew, 91% tax rate on wealthy (but thats something good), Ignored the communist witch hunt brought on by yet another Republican, McCarthy.

Yep, really great Presidents those Republicans make.

We can't afford another republican in the White House.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

^ Bob - i was responding to GC who said Christie has to change parties - as if his opinions would only be valid IF he was a democrat

in the same post he explains why he doesn't care for him

Nixon was a great President save for Watergate
    Reagan changed the world - for the better
    Gerald Ford ...... his wife started the Betty Ford clinic
    Bush Senior was not a bad President

not sure why u listed Presidents many of whom did good or great jobs

a moderate President would get a lot more done Bob - Pres. Obama seems interested only in stamping his feet until he gets his way

and that filters down to his peeps - reid and pelosi - and they follow suit

disfunction follows

christie HAS shown an ability to govern a dem controlled state - get dem support - and make decisions - not just speeches

Orientation
    Gay

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

^a moderate President would get a lot more done Bob - Pres. Obama seems interested only in stamping his feet until he gets his way
    Even in a completely alternate universe where this remotely reflects the reality of what's going on...

welcome to Bush's 8 years. How do you like it?

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Chance - I imagine you keep your drapes closed. Good thing.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Chance - I imagine you keep your drapes closed. Good thing.
    drapes ? i'm on the 18th floor - no drapes baby - just a view of the triboro (now RFK) bridge and the UES

full disclosure

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Yeah, wasn't Bush "moderate" enough for this century?
    - Gene Wolfe

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

BUsh,the president who came up with the idea to write discrimination against gays & lesbians into the Constitution.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

No, but that doesn't count, because of reasons!
    - Gene Wolfe

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Until I see him support marriage equality, all he says to me is just giving political blowjobs so that he can cement his 2016 candidacy. Empty words.
    By that logic, how would we know that his support for marriage equality wouldn't also just be an empty "political blowjob"?

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Oh, it would be, but it would matter the same as Obama's politically driven support has.
    - Gene Wolfe

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

^ LOL - obama speaks and people change their minds

OBAMALLEGIANCE to the nth degree

thanks for exposing such a nonsensical POV

I guess Obama is just like Jesus

Jesus

Orientation
    Gay

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Jesus
    He did the thing you blast him in any other topic for "failing to do."

He led.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Jesus
    The President speaks, and people listen. The President. Coulda been your guy, but he chose to run on bigotry instead. Don't blame Obama because none of the previous guys had the guts to support marriage equality.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    He did the thing you blast him in any other topic for "failing to do."

He led.
    Haha, but but but no! Because of REASONS that simply doesn't count! *stomps foot*
    - Gene Wolfe

boom boom chaos maker crimsonpaine's Avatar
    Orientation
    Gay
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Sorry chance, but Christie needs to abandon ship. The republican party is sinking. Moderate republicans have been leaving the party in droves... especially after the republicans have showed a refusal to change. On that token, I'll take a democrat any day over Christie. I don't care if Christie is a "so called moderate" on some issues. He's not a moderate enough for me. And he's still part of the republican party and that's another red flag. I'm sure if a more inspiring democrat comes around in New Jersey he would be voted in. And not to pick on the man, but I'd rather see this country represented by someone who isn't at risk for heart attack.
    That was the Democratic/Media party line after Obama won in 2008. James Carville even went so far as to release a book "40 More Years: How the Democrats Will Rule the Next Generation" in 2009, and the following year's Mid-Term elections saw the Republican's re-take control of Congress.

The new sentiment going around now in the polls is people want term limits for both House and Senate, after they pretty much re-elected a majority of incumbents to stay in office. That would be nice, but I don't see them voting to enforce term limits on themselves, politicians are leeches and will live off us for as long as they can. The only way to enforce term limits is to vote them out, and as we all know, people are just damn stupid.

The Republican party is no more a sinking ship than the Democratic Party.

The President speaks, and people listen. The President. Coulda been your guy, but he chose to run on bigotry instead. Don't blame Obama because none of the previous guys had the guts to support marriage equality.
    I don't believe for one second he supports marriage equality. It took him until his re-election to "evolve". He chose to "support" marriage equality to score political points for his re-election campaign.
    Last edited by crimsonpaine; January 19th, 2013 at 08:02 PM.
    I may be bad, but I'm perfectly good at it.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

That was the Democratic/Media party line after Obama won in 2008. James Carville even went so far as to release a book "40 More Years: How the Democrats Will Rule the Next Generation" in 2009, and the following year's Mid-Term elections saw the Republican's re-take control of Congress.

The new sentiment going around now in the polls is people want term limits for both House and Senate, after they pretty much re-elected a majority of incumbents to stay in office. That would be nice, but I don't see them voting to enforce term limits on themselves, politicians are leeches and will live off us for as long as they can. The only way to enforce term limits is to vote them out, and as we all know, people are just damn stupid.

Two points:

1. I hope it isn't a sinking ship, because this country needs a minimum of two parties to maintain political balance.

2. The GOP is NOT maintaining balance at present and IS a sinking ship, in a way. Or rather, it is going that direction, but it won't get there, because smart people like Christie and that Illinois chairman are already working to move it away from the crazy right edge.
    - Gene Wolfe

auribus teneo lupum Stardreamer's Avatar
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Married

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I don't believe for one second he supports marriage equality. It took him until his re-election to "evolve". He chose to "support" marriage equality to score political points for his re-election campaign.
    The Republicans are sort of fracturing right now, and entering into the 40 years in the wilderness phase that they should have really gone through after 2008. They will be floundering about until a new leader comes down from the mountain with something that puts them back in a direction that can resonate with the voters. The Democrats will also eventually start to drift out of touch as well, its part of the political game, the pendulum swings back and forth. And every time that pendulum changes direction the rising party claims the others ship is sinking and will be gone for decades but it usually swings back far sooner than you would think.
    “You can’t con people, at least not for long. You can create excitement, you can do wonderful promotion and get all kinds of press, and you can throw in a little hyperbole. But if you don’t deliver the goods, people will catch on.”

JUB Addict

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Let Christie say what he wants. He'll never be President. Middle America is not going to be into a loudmouthed tough guy straight out of an episode of the Sopranos. All that has to be shown is his shouting down reporters, and he's done. Plus, President Obama and Sandy doomed him with the tea baggers. Boss Christie HUGGED Obama, that's the end of his political career as a Repubican. Thats what happened to Charlie Christ and Jon Huntsman.

Besides he's too unhealthy to deal with he stresses of being President.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyBob View Post
    Let Christie say what he wants. He'll never be President. Middle America is not going to be into a loudmouthed tough guy straight out of an episode of the Sopranos. All that has to be shown is his shouting down reporters, and he's done. Plus, President Obama and Sandy doomed him with the tea baggers. Boss Christie HUGGED Obama, that's the end of his political career as a Repubican. Thats what happened to Charlie Christ and Jon Huntsman.

Besides he's too unhealthy to deal with he stresses of being President.
    LOL

so he's "too italian" - so you don't like italians?

i love it - the guy does the right thing - supports the Pres. - again - and all u got is anti italian and anti fat

u can't make this shit up

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Um, wtf?

He was stating his viewpoint. The office of presidency requires one in optimal health and Christie simply isn't. The job has a lot of stress. As far as him supporting a few good things, great. No one is being anti-Italian or anti-fat.

his "viewpoint" is what is so troubling

and i must've misinterpreted the sopranos reference

that's usually code for something not so nice about italians

like for real

JUB 10k Club
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Um, wtf?

He was stating his viewpoint. The office of presidency requires one in optimal health and Christie simply isn't. The job has a lot of stress. As far as him supporting a few good things, great. No one is being anti-Italian or anti-fat.
    Jeezus on a fence post!

Who do I have to sleep with to get a fucking Phillie Cheese Steak with all the sides and a 32oz Fountain Drink in this Gawd Danged Forum???

New Jersey Governor Chris Christie has just about as much chance being our next President as any other douche bag that the 2016 GOP might want to toss our way.

I can promise you this "weight issues" won't be one of his disqualifiers.

His ability to call the shit the way he sees it could be.

Think Arizona Senator, and Presidential Hopeful John McCain circa 2000.

And Governor Christie is right.

I'm sure that I missed something here, because I didn't read all of the 59 + posts in this thread before I posted anything.

But I'll put it on my list of things to do over breakfast in the morning, and I'm more than certain that I'll piss at least one of you off, so that's a bonus in my book!
    Last edited by Centexfarmer; January 19th, 2013 at 09:24 PM.
    Favorite comment quote read on Youtube: "My Laptop fell off the back of the boat, and now I have a Dell Rolling in the Deep."

Virtus in medio stat JUB Admin opinterph's Avatar
    Status
    Partnered
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by centexfarmer View Post
    I'm sure that I missed something here, because I didn't read all of the 59 + posts in this thread before I posted anything.
    You didn’t miss much.