Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Re: Chris Christie slams NRAs Obama daughters ad

to centex

^ u missed a great deal

very little kudos for christie

many here just can't bring themselves to it ya know?

couple of gay marriage sidebars - LOL

and a whole thing about the GOP ya know

not much + about christie - he's a fat fucking italian ya know?

and he's a gay hater too

so the nuanced approach is he sucks

happy u stopped by ?

JUB 10k Club
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by chance1 View Post
    to centex

^ u missed a great deal

very little kudos for christie

many here just can't bring themselves to it ya know?

couple of gay marriage sidebars - LOL

and a whole thing about the GOP ya know

not much + about christie - he's a fat fucking italian ya know?

and he's a gay hater too

so the nuanced approach is he sucks
    Thanks for the "play by play."

I could go on about my opinion and perspective on all of that, break it down into decisive terms, explain why it's important to embrace a Republican who's bucking against the Tea Party minority that seems to control the majority of the GOP....but why?

It would be like Mathew Chapter 7 verse 6.

In case you're not brushed up.

happy u stopped by ?
    Please allow me to put this into Quaker Speak; Fuck Thee.

Last edited by Centexfarmer; January 19th, 2013 at 09:37 PM.
    Favorite comment quote read on Youtube: "My Laptop fell off the back of the boat, and now I have a Dell Rolling in the Deep."

Virtus in medio stat JUB Admin opinterph's Avatar
    Status
    Partnered
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I hear you, xbuzzerx.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Ah yes, "LOL" to the marriage equality "sidebars". I mean, it's not like that's important or anything.
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

of the 99%

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I give Christie half-credit here. He's right to criticize the NRA over such a ridiculous ad. However, he also opposes any common sense gun control legislation Obama and the Democrat Congress is proposing. So, he's not contributing to a solution here.
    #439th oldest member on JUB.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Believe18 View Post
    I give Christie half-credit here. He's right to criticize the NRA over such a ridiculous ad. However, he also opposes any common sense gun control legislation Obama and the Democrat Congress is proposing. So, he's not contributing to a solution here.
    Well, he only needs to say things to appeal to people like his voters and the "undecided" clueless. He doesn't actually need to do anything.
    - Gene Wolfe

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

^ just run a state

Clean up and rebuild after sandy

A democratic controlled state btw

One that he has poll numbers that would make Obama envious

And gay marriage doesn't have to find its way into every thread

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct
    ^ just run a state

Clean up and rebuild after sandy

A democratic controlled state btw

One that he has poll numbers that would make Obama envious

And gay marriage doesn't have to find its way into every thread
    No but it should find its way into Christie's platform before I start buying anything he's selling.
    - Gene Wolfe

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

CC has 70+ % approval ratings

Read CNN.com or google it

Obama #s - lots lower

Google that too

A nuanced voting approach suits the country better

Suck my dick, Scalia!

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonpaine View Post
    Membership is up a quarter million in the last month, so they aren't doing too bad for themselves.
    One Erection and Justine Bieber have sold millions of CDs.

Quantity =/= Quality

of the 99%

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

CC has 70+ % approval ratings

Read CNN.com or google it

Obama #s - lots lower

Google that too

A nuanced voting approach suits the country better
    You can't make an accurate comparison of a state poll versus a national poll. Obama (who is actually in the position of the presidency versus a hypothetical fantasy) is being compared by nationwide polls that include Red States such as Texas and Mississippi. Chris Christie is being polled by his own home state for his approval rating as governor. You're making a false comparison here in your head.
    #439th oldest member on JUB.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

^ you should try reading the thread

And then you'd understand the sequence of points made and the context

Bammer's Papa
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by Orlandude View Post
    The NRA is completely out of touch with the mainstream. Their PR is in shambles, catering to only the lowest common denominator. Should the NRA get out of the back pocket of the gun manufacturers and stop being their defacto lobbyists in Washington, they might have a little more legitimacy with the gun control advocates. Until they do, just follow the money. What can be said by a lobby that spends millions of dollars to lobby its opinion. It is not about the right to own a gun but a tradition of allowing a morally corrupt organization like the NRA to spread its influence on politics. Thinly disguised as some constitutional right organization, it supports the agenda of greedy weapons manufacturers, while enlisting the support of gullible and reactionary hunters and gun enthusiasts to help lobby their point.

CC is right.
    The NRA isn't in "the back pocket of the gun manufacturers" -- quite the opposite: the NRA has the gun manufacturers by the balls. A great deal of what the NRA does is not good for the gun manufacturers, but LaPierre and his ad agency who really run the NRA have ruthlessly destroyed every industry group that has tried to be reasonable. LaPierre isn't interested in being reasonable, and he isn't interested in sounding sane -- he and the ad agency care only about one thing, and that's striking the right note to get people to send in money, money, and more money.

That's how he justifies the highest NfP executive officer salary in the world: over $900k/year, plus an unlimited expense account and a pile of benefits.

"Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

--Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

*the number is now forty

Bammer's Papa
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    Yup poster up above said it very well.

NRA is just a paid shill for gun manufacturers, nothing more, nothing less.
    Read some books by insiders -- it's the other way around. LaPierre and his ilk manipulate the scene so the gun manufacturers have to go along.

"Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

*the number is now forty

Bammer's Papa
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyBob View Post
    That's what they claim but I don't buy it. They've been very aggressive in their recruitment. They even sent me a large envelope with a bunch of scare tactic form letters using the re-election of the President as the fear factor. They included a fancy plastic embossed with my name membership card so officially I'm a member of the NRA even tho I didn't join.

The letter from old Wayne states, "...after the recent elections, freedom's enemies are on the march. They've vowed to fight on and won't surrender until they've banned and confiscated our guns......You are under attack by the UN, anti-hunting extremists, radical billionaires and the freedom-hating Hollywood elite."

A load of crap. If they are claiming their membership increased by a quarter million in one month, it's because they're sending out these "temporary memberships" to anyone on their mailing list.

And I got this before the horrors of new Newtown massacre of children.

Don't buy into this right wing propaganda.
    No, you're not a member of the NRA -- they only count the people who send in the $25 or whatever. I believe the quarter million figure easily; those are people who were members before, back when the total passed four million, but who stopped sending annual dues when Obama seemed like no threat. Now he's justifying LaPierre's rhetoric, and those former members are scrambling to come back.

Given the slickness of the ad agency that really runs the place (they get paid for coming up with ideas, then paid again for implementing those ideas!), I wouldn't be surprised if membership hits five million.

*the number is now forty

Bammer's Papa
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

there's no need to point a finger at gun owners - there's a need to create stricter standards, reduce bigger clips and auto weapons
    You're really stubborn with pet falsehoods. Information on the federal law concerning automatic weapons has been posted on this board, and you've certainly read it. But you pretend it doesn't exist, and continue with the lie.

There is a set number of automatic weapons in the U.S. That number cannot increase, because only those weapons can be licensed -- no new ones. None can be imported from foreign countries, none can be manufactured here except for the military. And the minimum price for one of those weapons runs around $15k -- information also posted here and linked -- and that's on top of the cost of the license and licensing process.

*the number is now forty

Bammer's Papa
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by GiancarloC View Post
    The republican party is sinkinge. Moderate republicans have been leaving the party in droves... especially after the republicans have showed a refusal to change.
    That's wishful thinking -- the recent election results were enough to show otherwise. There's a trickle of Republicans switching to Libertarian or independent, but it's not yet a hemorrhaging.

*the number is now forty

Bammer's Papa
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

[ A huge majority of Americans support a ban on assault rifles at 74%-26%. A ban on high capacity clips was favored by 74% also. An astounding 86% support tougher background checks.
    That just shows how easy it is to fool the American people by manipulating their emotions -- and it shows your determined ignorance, because it has been documented repeatedly in this forum that it is impossible to buy an assault rifle in the United States without either breaking federal law or going through the federal licensing process... and then plopping down a minimum of $15k to get the weapon -- IF you can find one of the current licensees willing to part with one.

*the number is now forty

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Obama's support has had a serious impact on public opinion... that is my belief. It's a reason why we had same sex marriage legalized in three states in the last election... well at least a significant reason. Would why it be an empty "political blowjob"?
    Um, I have no clue why it would be... since we were talking about Christie and not Obama.

JUB Addict

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    No, you're not a member of the NRA -- they only count the people who send in the $25 or whatever. I believe the quarter million figure easily; those are people who were members before, back when the total passed four million, but who stopped sending annual dues when Obama seemed like no threat. Now he's justifying LaPierre's rhetoric, and those former members are scrambling to come back.

Given the slickness of the ad agency that really runs the place (they get paid for coming up with ideas, then paid again for implementing those ideas!), I wouldn't be surprised if membership hits five million.
    How do you know this? Where do you get your information?

The form letter said this is my membership card. I can see them sending out a quarter million temporary membership cards and claiming they have a quarter million new members.

JUB Addict

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Forgot to comment:

No one called Christie fat and Italian except Chance. I said unhealthy. Not only is he classified as morbidly obese, he has adult onset asthma. Because of his weight he's a candidate for diabetes, heart attack & stroke.

http://www.urmc.rochester.edu/highla...d-obesity.aspx

An individual is considered morbidly obese if he or she is 100 pounds over his/her ideal body weight,
    As for the Italian reference, my quote was "[a] loudmouthed tough guy straight out of an episode of the Sopranos." The accuser committed the crime.

And I guess the word "nuanced" is the catch word of the week. Say it three times and you own it..

auribus teneo lupum Stardreamer's Avatar
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Married

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

The form letter said this is my membership card. I can see them sending out a quarter million temporary membership cards and claiming they have a quarter million new members.
    I get form letters like that from the AARP and NPR all the time, it is a standard advertising gimmick but it doesn't mean I'm a member of the AARP, it doesn't count till you send them money.
    You cant con people, at least not for long. You can create excitement, you can do wonderful promotion and get all kinds of press, and you can throw in a little hyperbole. But if you dont deliver the goods, people will catch on.

JUB Addict

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by Stardreamer View Post
    I get form letters like that from the AARP and NPR all the time, it is a standard advertising gimmick but it doesn't mean I'm a member of the AARP, it doesn't count till you send them money.
    But does the AARP and NPR claim their membership went up a quarter million members when they send you those?

Bammer's Papa
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

It said it was your membership card. Did it say your membership was activated? I get credit cards in the mail, and it says "This is your new credit card", but until it's activated I can't buy anything with it. The NRA is doing the same thing.

If LaPierre handed out free memberships he'd get tossed, because the NRA's two big factions would both be pissed (those would be the "keep the money flowing!" and the "membership means something!" groups -- the latter of which raised bloody hell when LaPierre decided to allow people to become Endowment or Patron members by paying in installments rather than one lump sum).

My info comes from former insiders, such as Richard Feldman (read his book).

*the number is now forty

Bammer's Papa
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

What am I ignorant about? I cited a poll that said that. It's not my own view. I know that assault rifles are banned, but the other two important parts are the one on high capacity clips and more stringent background checks. Read the source before insulting me.
    Actually you didn't. The poll didn't ask about assault rifles at all -- that was your personal spin. The poll used the emotional term "assault weapon", a pair of words with no objective meaning, invented for the sole reason of scaring people.

There's a supertanker load of hypocrisy in the whole thing, too, because the very people now demanding "universal background checks" (not "more stringent" ones) have been fighting against that very same thing for years, while the NRA has been fighting for it (although since the "bad guys" are now supporting it, watch LaPierre and his ad agency find a way to turn it into a scare issue and use it to raise money).

*the number is now forty

JUB Addict

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

It said it was your membership card. Did it say your membership was activated? I get credit cards in the mail, and it says "This is your new credit card", but until it's activated I can't buy anything with it. The NRA is doing the same thing.

If LaPierre handed out free memberships he'd get tossed, because the NRA's two big factions would both be pissed (those would be the "keep the money flowing!" and the "membership means something!" groups -- the latter of which raised bloody hell when LaPierre decided to allow people to become Endowment or Patron members by paying in installments rather than one lump sum).

My info comes from former insiders, such as Richard Feldman (read his book).
    You're correct about the credit cards, but with the crazy rhetoric coming from the NRA lately I won't believe them unless conformed by an outside source about membership increasing so rapidly.

Bammer's Papa
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

But does the AARP and NPR claim their membership went up a quarter million members when they send you those?
    No, they claim their membership went up when people send in their dues -- the same thing the NRA does.

Obama and Biden and others are playing right into LaPierre's hands. They're just recycling the same old ideas that haven't worked. If they'd get their necks out of each other's asses and approach this from the authority of Congress to organize and discipline the militia, applying the same militia concept the Founding Fathers did, LaPierre's rhetoric would be disarmed from the start, because they'd be able to quote the Constitution in their support. As it is, it appears they don't give a rip about the Constitution -- an argument LaPierre is using heavily in mailings to get those members.
    Last edited by Kulindahr; January 20th, 2013 at 11:16 AM.

*the number is now forty

Bammer's Papa
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Malarkey. I'll cite the poll again.

http://americablog.com/2013/01/poll-...n-control.html

Lets not try this again shall we?

I cited the poll. There was no personal spin. Even though it said assault weapons we all know what it refers to.

The NRA are nothing but a domestic terrorist group.
    Thanks for posting the information which shows you were wrong. Posting it and repeating your error is nothing but spin.

And thanks for confirming exactly what I said about how easily Americans are fooled -- "Even though it said assault weapons we all know what it refers to" is just more spin, because the term "assault weapon" is objectively meaningless; it is an emotional bit formulated to scare people, with no more content than "things that scare me".
    Last edited by Kulindahr; January 20th, 2013 at 11:17 AM.

*the number is now forty

Bammer's Papa
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

You're correct about the credit cards, but with the crazy rhetoric coming from the NRA lately I won't believe them unless conformed by an outside source about membership increasing so rapidly.
    So you're indulging in pure speculation. Noted.

*the number is now forty

JUB Addict

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

So you're indulging in pure speculation. Noted.
    Is it speculation or a knowledgeable assumption knowing how the NRA advertises and explains itself?

Sex God

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Well he is as big as a rhino. How apropos!