JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

remove these banner ads by becoming a JUB Supporter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 51 to 87 of 87
  1. #51
    JUB Addict
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Chicago suburbs
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    7,142

    Code of Conduct

    Re: California Has Budget Surplus, Eliminates Budget Deficit

    Quote Originally Posted by GiancarloC View Post
    Funny how Jb3 demands evidence yet can't provide any. I provided fucking sources for my argument. And all he proivdes is the same anti California nonsense. There was nothing false with what I said. Some can't handle proper evidence.
    Uhm. The evidence I gave was directly from the Bureau of Labor Statistics and California Bureau of Labor. The people that, you know, actually collect and disseminate the data you're talking about.

  2. #52
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: California Has Budget Surplus, Eliminates Budget Deficit

    I provided sources that included numbers from the BLS. I actually provided an ACTUAL argument too. And one not tainted by a blatant anti-CAlifornia agenda. I know people here would love to see this state sink into the ocean so they could prove some political point.

  3. #53
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: California Has Budget Surplus, Eliminates Budget Deficit

    Quote Originally Posted by JayHawk View Post
    Your state you currently reside in is creating jobs. Last I checked the entire country is recovering. Your first post was a gauntlet thrown on the floor daring anyone to say a false word about California.
    I am defensive because of the non-stop bashing by right wingers in this country. The criticisms are endless and ridiculous. Most of them without merit. Most of our problems started under the Deukemajian and Pete Wilson eras... where our state was grossly mismanaged. It only became worse under Arnold Schwarzenegger who drove this state to near bankruptcy.

    I sincerely hope that the projections become reality and California develops a surplus that they then return to their taxpayers in the form of a strong infrastructure and a healthy emergency fund.
    This state has already turned around its deficit so I don't see why it shouldn't meet that reality.

    It's funny how if this was any other state some right wingers here would be cheering it, but if it is California there are doubts it'll ever get there.

    What I also don't get is from someone who would argue against American hubris on the national scene and yet you exhibit the same hubris in regards to your state or at least you try to.... I simply don't understand why you are so fiercely loyal to a state but not to the country that makes that state possible. It's odd to me. Feel free to be so but it just seems a weird combination.
    I am defending this state from the endless hatred and bashing it gets from right wingers in this country. Never mind that we pay the federal government more than we get back from them. We actually give them more money so they can prop up states that would otherwise have poverty levels similar to that of Haiti if they were independent.

    http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...ng-charts-maps

    There is no hubris. This is stating reality.

    Why does California continue to flip the bill for other states to survive yet we get criticized so harshly and any moment someone defends California they are being called arrogant?

  4. #54
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: California Has Budget Surplus, Eliminates Budget Deficit

    Quote Originally Posted by JayHawk View Post
    However, I still find it peculiar to be so unabashedly a white knight of California defense while trashing the nation and its people for being proponents of the Nation. I feel pride as an Ohioan and equally I feel pride as an American. I don't see making a vast separation between the two.
    Where on earth am I trashing the nation or the people? I applauded the American people after the election for making the correct choice. I also applauded that the process went relatively smoothly. But there are certain realities in this country and California is often made a target. If this state was independent, the country would suffer immensely and many parts of this country would be left destitute. It's not just our GDP that matters, but rather several massively critical ports in this state that are the lifeblood for this entire country.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_of_Los_Angeles

    http://listosaur.com/miscellaneous/t...ed-states.html - What are the top 10 busiest ports in this country that are the lifeblood of this nation?

    1) Los Angeles Port
    2) Long Beach Port
    5) Oakland

    You're talking about hundreds of billions that travel through these ports. Without California, this country would be in serious economic trouble.

    Right wingers should put a sock into it. Our state is on a strong recovery path and I am prepared to say it is strong. It represents a strong left leaning economic viewpoint. We restored funding to education and various other services through taxing the wealthy. Maybe that should be a lesson for the rest of the nation.

    However that recovery isn't the story of ONLY liberal democratic thinking. Were pensions cut and benefits slashed because they failed to meet up with reality? AND taxes were raised. If anything California is a shining example that the right is somewhere off the reservation and the Democratic party now contains all flavors and ideas to represent most of America. We are seeing the same thing on a national level but it is a slower process.
    California doesn't represent the right wing or tea party. The few tea party candidates we had in this state were defeated, including one in San Diego.

  5. #55
    JUB Addict
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Chicago suburbs
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    7,142

    Code of Conduct

    Re: California Has Budget Surplus, Eliminates Budget Deficit

    Quote Originally Posted by GiancarloC View Post
    I provided sources that included numbers from the BLS. I actually provided an ACTUAL argument too. And one not tainted by a blatant anti-CAlifornia agenda. I know people here would love to see this state sink into the ocean so they could prove some political point.
    Your argument was proven incorrect using those same statistics. You would do well to remember that.

  6. #56
    JUB Addict
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Chicago suburbs
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    7,142

    Code of Conduct

    Re: California Has Budget Surplus, Eliminates Budget Deficit

    Quote Originally Posted by GiancarloC View Post
    I am defensive because of the non-stop bashing by right wingers in this country. The criticisms are endless and ridiculous. Most of them without merit. Most of our problems started under the Deukemajian and Pete Wilson eras... where our state was grossly mismanaged. It only became worse under Arnold Schwarzenegger who drove this state to near bankruptcy.



    This state has already turned around its deficit so I don't see why it shouldn't meet that reality.

    It's funny how if this was any other state some right wingers here would be cheering it, but if it is California there are doubts it'll ever get there.



    I am defending this state from the endless hatred and bashing it gets from right wingers in this country. Never mind that we pay the federal government more than we get back from them. We actually give them more money so they can prop up states that would otherwise have poverty levels similar to that of Haiti if they were independent.

    http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...ng-charts-maps

    There is no hubris. This is stating reality.

    Why does California continue to flip the bill for other states to survive yet we get criticized so harshly and any moment someone defends California they are being called arrogant?
    This post is a very graphic example of the arrogance and hubris he was talking about.

    You also seem to have a chip on your shoulder about your state. No state is perfect, and neither are its citizens.

  7. #57
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: California Has Budget Surplus, Eliminates Budget Deficit

    Quote Originally Posted by JB3 View Post
    This post is a very graphic example of the arrogance and hubris he was talking about.

    You also seem to have a chip on your shoulder about your state. No state is perfect, and neither are its citizens.
    Pot calling the kettle black.

    I never stated that this state was perfect. We have our problems, including shitty roads in certain areas... that need to be redone, and a mismanaged 405 project that could have been handled a lot better... considering the free way is a major economic artery.

    I did however cite facts for my argument. This state is vital for the entire country. This isn't opinion. It's fact.

    Edit: Oh and one thing... how is my post above arrogant? I was stating that this state gets unfair criticism. It's fucking fact that this happens... why the denial of reality?

  8. #58
    veni, vidi, reliqui
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    33,553

    Code of Conduct

    Re: California Has Budget Surplus, Eliminates Budget Deficit

    Quote Originally Posted by GiancarloC View Post
    I provided sources that included numbers from the BLS. I actually provided an ACTUAL argument too. And one not tainted by a blatant anti-CAlifornia agenda. I know people here would love to see this state sink into the ocean so they could prove some political point.

    And out there in America, there are probably millions who literally want it to sink in the Ocean so that they could blame the homos.

  9. #59
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,238

    Code of Conduct

    Re: California Has Budget Surplus, Eliminates Budget Deficit

    Quote Originally Posted by rareboy View Post
    And out there in America, there are probably millions who literally want it to sink in the Ocean so that they could blame the homos.
    There may be but they are no less prevalent than the hill fucks in western Canada. However, their numbers are dwindling.

    Very deep intellectual responses above yet i cant be arsed to read them. I get it GC you feel you are right and everyone else is ganging up on you and also are wrong. Check. Next.
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  10. #60
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: California Has Budget Surplus, Eliminates Budget Deficit

    I just want to make it clear I never trashed this nation and its people. The system is reasonably strong... despite having problems. The advancements for equality are lagging compared to other western countries... but there is a bit of a catch up thanks to Obama's stance. I appreciate the American people for giving Obama a second term to continue his success.

  11. #61
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,238

    Code of Conduct

    Re: California Has Budget Surplus, Eliminates Budget Deficit

    Well then I apologize wholly. I am sure you have never said anything disparaging about the country as a whole in comparison to Europe during the health care debate, now of course that you have told me so.

    I think what will be astounding when the economy recovers exactly as predicted by economist when Bush was still President and it fell apart. They said 2015 and that is looking like the facts. After all of the political wrangling in the nation and economic hand wringing offered on both the left and right nationwide and on these boards.... I find it amusing.
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  12. #62
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,752

    Code of Conduct

    Re: California Has Budget Surplus, Eliminates Budget Deficit

    Quote Originally Posted by rareboy View Post
    And out there in America, there are probably millions who literally want it to sink in the Ocean so that they could blame the homos.
    Don't be silly. That's New Orleans.

  13. #63
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: California Has Budget Surplus, Eliminates Budget Deficit

    Quote Originally Posted by JayHawk View Post
    Well then I apologize wholly. I am sure you have never said anything disparaging about the country as a whole in comparison to Europe during the health care debate, now of course that you have told me so.
    I'm sorry if I came across as hostile or anything. It's everyones interest in this country and beyond, the US economy continues its rebound and recovery on a stable course.

    I think what will be astounding when the economy recovers exactly as predicted by economist when Bush was still President and it fell apart. They said 2015 and that is looking like the facts. After all of the political wrangling in the nation and economic hand wringing offered on both the left and right nationwide and on these boards.... I find it amusing.
    If some of the small jobs bills were passed then perhaps a recovery could have materialized quicker than it did, but those bills were held up because of political reasons. Republicans wouldn't want them passed in an election year, and thankfully they lost the election. So I hope more progress is made on this front.

  14. #64
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    103,649
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: California Has Budget Surplus, Eliminates Budget Deficit

    Quote Originally Posted by JB3 View Post
    That may have been true in September, when that article was published. However, year over year through November, Texas added 10,000 more jobs than California. (275k vs. 265k) Same goes for the rolling 12 month. (242k for Texas and 238k for California)
    And how many of those jobs are such that a person can afford good medical care, a decent home, savings for retirement, and hopes of a family? That's the real question, because if jobs won't provide for a future, they're serfdom.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  15. #65
    JUB Addict
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Chicago suburbs
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    7,142

    Code of Conduct

    Re: California Has Budget Surplus, Eliminates Budget Deficit

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    And how many of those jobs are such that a person can afford good medical care, a decent home, savings for retirement, and hopes of a family? That's the real question, because if jobs won't provide for a future, they're serfdom.
    That's a question that can be asked of all of the jobs added over the last year. Though there aren't enough statistics to determine it, I would wager many of the jobs just simply aren't enough for people to survive.

  16. #66
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: California Has Budget Surplus, Eliminates Budget Deficit

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    And how many of those jobs are such that a person can afford good medical care, a decent home, savings for retirement, and hopes of a family? That's the real question, because if jobs won't provide for a future, they're serfdom.
    That can be explained by Texas's sharply increasing poverty rate.

  17. #67
    Banned chance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    21,386

    Code of Conduct

    Re: California Has Budget Surplus, Eliminates Budget Deficit

    The budget is based on receipt of increased income taxes - that need to be collected - as in the people have to be making the money

    it's predicated on taking the state's current debt $34 BILLION - which is size of the combined general budgets of Delaware, Idaho, Maine, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont and Virginia .......

    and more than offsetting it with $50B in tax increases

    And Californians have yet to see any real, long-term plan to bring back jobs and help our struggling families.

    Worse, most of these taxes are levied on the state's wealthiest residents. Many of them live off risky stock market investments rather than stable salaries, Mr. Petek said, which leaves their incomes vulnerable to dramatic swings.
    and there's some concern that the state legislature, democratic controlled, will not be willing to politically support cuts - in education for example

    http://times247.com/articles/l-a-tim...-woes-are-over

  18. #68
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: California Has Budget Surplus, Eliminates Budget Deficit

    Quote Originally Posted by chance1 View Post
    it's predicated on taking the state's current debt $34 BILLION - which is size of the combined general budgets of Delaware, Idaho, Maine, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont and Virginia .......
    Okay but that's not something that will be paid immediately, and it's a drop in the hat compared to California's massive economy.

    and there's some concern that the state legislature, democratic controlled, will not be willing to politically support cuts - in education for example

    http://times247.com/articles/l-a-tim...-woes-are-over
    Silly article from MOONIE TIMES. There have been major developments in the IT Sector in this state, including the creation of 26,000 jobs in that sector last year. Most of California's job creation last year were in high paying positions.

    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_16...-job-creation/

    In the past year, California has added 26,000 new information technology jobs. The construction industry is also booming with 26,400 new jobs, and tourism and hospitality has added 62,900.

    New companies create most of the new jobs, and a recent study shows Los Angeles has the most entrepreneurs of any area in the country. That job growth is fueling consumer spending. Auto sales were up 14 percent last year. That's why true car is planning to add up to 100 more employees in 2013.
    We're not in the clear... and there are some hurdles including a serious need to improve infrastructure, but that article is exactly the right wing rubbish that doesn't have much basis in reality. Moonie Times... seriously?

    Yeah and cutting education is such a fantastic plan for the future right? That's a good way to sacrifice the future. Why should California cut the education budget? It's already done that and the cuts must come to an end.

    California's economy is on a stable footing as is its financial situation, and that's in the interest of everyone in the country.

  19. #69
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,752

    Code of Conduct

    Re: California Has Budget Surplus, Eliminates Budget Deficit

    So if I'm reading this correctly.. CA aiming its nose in a sharp trajectory upwards from a former 9 BILLION dollar deficit is now a bad thing because it isn't a guarantee that every problem has been fixed instantly?

    Kinda like the standard used against the President I think.

  20. #70
    Banned chance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    21,386

    Code of Conduct

    Re: California Has Budget Surplus, Eliminates Budget Deficit

    Quote Originally Posted by rareboy View Post
    And out there in America, there are probably millions who literally want it to sink in the Ocean so that they could blame the homos.
    i needed to quote this if only to read it again

    i have NO idea what you're thinking here ...... does anyone?

    "out there in america there are probably millions who want california ......... and blame the homos"

    WTF ???

    even for you this is bizarre anti americanism

  21. #71
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: California Has Budget Surplus, Eliminates Budget Deficit

    Xbuzzer: Yea, California if they perform a clean up the financial situation, attract new jobs in high paying sectors, and has economic growth is still doing wrong because it's somehow not a guarantee. That's Moonie Times for ya lol.

    Some just refuse to give the state any credit. They need to nitpick... I'm not claiming the state is perfect. I have a laundry list of things that could be fixed and repaired, but this state is well on the right path. The right wing will not hear anything of it because the democrats control this state completely... and even suggest ridiculous things like cutting education funding.

  22. #72
    auribus teneo lupum Stardreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Over the Hedge and Under the Hill
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Married
    Posts
    3,264

    Code of Conduct

    Re: California Has Budget Surplus, Eliminates Budget Deficit

    I've always been a fan of the 50 laboratories concept of federalism. The states should be as free as possible to manage their own affairs and to succeed and fail as a result. Part of the reason I like the idea of changing how the federal government is funded by taxing the state governments instead of the people and letting the state experiment with the best way to raise the funding. Of course that also means increasing the state's influence over the Federal by amending the constitution to let the state governments to select the senators from their states. The state can then decide what selection method, election, appointment or whatever works best.
    Under democracy one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule - and both commonly succeed, and are right. H. L. Mencken US editor (1880 - 1956)

  23. #73
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    103,649
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: California Has Budget Surplus, Eliminates Budget Deficit

    Quote Originally Posted by JB3 View Post
    That's a question that can be asked of all of the jobs added over the last year. Though there aren't enough statistics to determine it, I would wager many of the jobs just simply aren't enough for people to survive.
    So our wonderful "job creators" actually like Big Government: they're paying little, knowing that food stamps and other programs will pick up the slack.

    Thus do we redistribute wealth... upward.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  24. #74
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    103,649
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: California Has Budget Surplus, Eliminates Budget Deficit

    Quote Originally Posted by GiancarloC View Post
    Okay but that's not something that will be paid immediately, and it's a drop in the hat compared to California's massive economy.



    Silly article from MOONIE TIMES. There have been major developments in the IT Sector in this state, including the creation of 26,000 jobs in that sector last year. Most of California's job creation last year were in high paying positions.

    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_16...-job-creation/



    We're not in the clear... and there are some hurdles including a serious need to improve infrastructure, but that article is exactly the right wing rubbish that doesn't have much basis in reality. Moonie Times... seriously?

    Yeah and cutting education is such a fantastic plan for the future right? That's a good way to sacrifice the future. Why should California cut the education budget? It's already done that and the cuts must come to an end.

    California's economy is on a stable footing as is its financial situation, and that's in the interest of everyone in the country.
    No state is on a stable footing economy-wise until its infrastructure can get a "B" grade across the board.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  25. #75
    Thankfully Liberal & Gay
    frankfrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Illinois (Agent Provocateur and Refujiunderground you can do it)
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    15,497
    Blog Entries
    5

    Code of Conduct

    Re: California Has Budget Surplus, Eliminates Budget Deficit

    Look at all those damned Tax-and-Spend Democrats and Liberals flushing California down the toilet with bloated spending and catastrophic deficits as far as the eye can see.

    Oh...wait...WHAT???
    Last edited by frankfrank; January 13th, 2013 at 09:11 PM.
    "All legal U. S. residents who are 18 years or older, shall have an unconditional right to vote." - We need a 28th Amendment to the U. S. Constitution which resembles this...NOW!

    VOTING: Just remember: "Be careful of what you DON'T wish for. You might just get it." GET OUT AND VOTE for what you DO wish for.

    "I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires" - Susan B. Anthony

  26. #76
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: California Has Budget Surplus, Eliminates Budget Deficit

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    No state is on a stable footing economy-wise until its infrastructure can get a "B" grade across the board.
    Our state is on a stable footing nonetheless.

  27. #77
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    103,649
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: California Has Budget Surplus, Eliminates Budget Deficit

    Quote Originally Posted by GiancarloC View Post
    Our state is on a stable footing nonetheless.
    California is in good shape as far as infrastructure?

    Interesting.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  28. #78
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: California Has Budget Surplus, Eliminates Budget Deficit

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    California is in good shape as far as infrastructure?

    Interesting.
    Yes... relatively. There are problems, but we still have three of the biggest ports in the country... as well as significant industrial infrastructure.

  29. #79
    JUB Addict T-Rexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    4,803

    Code of Conduct

    Re: California Has Budget Surplus, Eliminates Budget Deficit

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    So if I'm reading this correctly.. CA aiming its nose in a sharp trajectory upwards from a former 9 BILLION dollar deficit is now a bad thing because it isn't a guarantee that every problem has been fixed instantly?

    Kinda like the standard used against the President I think.
    This needs to be quoted for truth.

  30. #80
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    103,649
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: California Has Budget Surplus, Eliminates Budget Deficit

    Quote Originally Posted by GiancarloC View Post
    Yes... relatively. There are problems, but we still have three of the biggest ports in the country... as well as significant industrial infrastructure.
    Roads? Rail? Bridges? Water? Power? Those are the real infrastructure.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  31. #81

    Re: California Has Budget Surplus, Eliminates Budget Deficit

    Quote Originally Posted by Stardreamer View Post
    I've always been a fan of the 50 laboratories concept of federalism. The states should be as free as possible to manage their own affairs and to succeed and fail as a result. Part of the reason I like the idea of changing how the federal government is funded by taxing the state governments instead of the people and letting the state experiment with the best way to raise the funding. Of course that also means increasing the state's influence over the Federal by amending the constitution to let the state governments to select the senators from their states. The state can then decide what selection method, election, appointment or whatever works best.
    Originally, under the US Constitution, state legislatures chose Senators. The 17th Amendment changed it to direct election. A much better choice. Most state governments are fucked up and corrupt, which is why the 17th Amendment passed in the first place.

  32. #82
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    103,649
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: California Has Budget Surplus, Eliminates Budget Deficit

    Quote Originally Posted by palemale View Post
    Originally, under the US Constitution, state legislatures chose Senators. The 17th Amendment changed it to direct election. A much better choice. Most state governments are fucked up and corrupt, which is why the 17th Amendment passed in the first place.
    So we substituted one kind of corruption for another.

    Research has shown that having leaders select one of their own to take a higher position of leadership actually yields better leaders. Going back to letting legislatures do the selecting and allowing no consecutive terms would reduce corruption overall.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  33. #83
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: California Has Budget Surplus, Eliminates Budget Deficit

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    Roads? Rail? Bridges? Water? Power? Those are the real infrastructure.
    All in adequate shape for economic activity. There have been some projects recently to revamp certain roads and highways.

  34. #84
    Thankfully Liberal & Gay
    frankfrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Illinois (Agent Provocateur and Refujiunderground you can do it)
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    15,497
    Blog Entries
    5

    Code of Conduct

    Re: California Has Budget Surplus, Eliminates Budget Deficit

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    Roads? Rail? Bridges? Water? Power? Those are the real infrastructure.
    You're saying that California has big problems with this kind of infrastructure? Yes, in megacities it is inevitable to run into jammed traphique (oh, OK, traffic), etc. But I don't remember any time I've ever been in California, and thought "Wow, their highways are total shit here" or anything like that. There are some states, such as Virginia, where some of the highways are indeed awful.

    Their biggest problem with power was when the electric market was massively deregulated about 10-15 years ago, and Enron was among the soulless players who found their way in to manipulate everything.

    And water - California seems to be doing what they can, with the very real limitations that the southern half of the state is almost entirely desert, and water needs to come from hundreds of miles away. This is all at Mother Nature's whim.
    "All legal U. S. residents who are 18 years or older, shall have an unconditional right to vote." - We need a 28th Amendment to the U. S. Constitution which resembles this...NOW!

    VOTING: Just remember: "Be careful of what you DON'T wish for. You might just get it." GET OUT AND VOTE for what you DO wish for.

    "I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires" - Susan B. Anthony

  35. #85
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,752

    Code of Conduct

    Re: California Has Budget Surplus, Eliminates Budget Deficit

    I feel pretty safe on our bridges and stuff. With the earthquake retrofitting required here, I would guess they're probably more stable than those in other states.

  36. #86
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: California Has Budget Surplus, Eliminates Budget Deficit

    Our highways have issues, but I describe most infrastructure here as adequate. Power is fine and we have embarked on certain major alternate energy projects in recent years.

    http://www.presscom.com/windfarms.shtml - One of the largest windfarms in the world.

    Our energy issues have been cleared up in recent years, especially under the present governor.

    As far as water, we have just booted up a desalination project and are starting another...

    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...n-project.html

    It's expensive, but once technology improves the cost per cubic foot would decline. Israel and Saudi Arabia are experts at water conservation and desalination... and we should follow their leads. Ironically, an Israeli company will be running this project which just secured $1 billion in funding... it'll provide a lot of jobs.

  37. #87
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    103,649
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: California Has Budget Surplus, Eliminates Budget Deficit

    Quote Originally Posted by frankfrank View Post
    You're saying that California has big problems with this kind of infrastructure? Yes, in megacities it is inevitable to run into jammed traphique (oh, OK, traffic), etc. But I don't remember any time I've ever been in California, and thought "Wow, their highways are total shit here" or anything like that. There are some states, such as Virginia, where some of the highways are indeed awful.

    Their biggest problem with power was when the electric market was massively deregulated about 10-15 years ago, and Enron was among the soulless players who found their way in to manipulate everything.

    And water - California seems to be doing what they can, with the very real limitations that the southern half of the state is almost entirely desert, and water needs to come from hundreds of miles away. This is all at Mother Nature's whim.
    note: Enron got in and manipulated because it WASN'T actually deregulated -- what California did in "deregulating was like exchanging the tires on a car for two wagon wheels, a NASCAR tire, and a bicycle rim. If they'd deregulated evenly, Enron would have been up shit creek without even a canoe.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.