JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 51 to 65 of 65
  1. #51
    JUB Addict
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Chicago suburbs
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    7,142

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Moderate Republicans Begin Move Away From Party, Toward Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    The reason you gave for why moderate Republicans would never cross party lines was the same reason a Tea Partier wouldn't.

    So you're either equating them or saying moderates don't exist.
    No. I'm saying that moderate republicans still stridently believe in lower taxes, but they're more willing to compromise about them. They would not join the democratic party over taxes alone, but they WOULD compromise if necessary. The tea partiers would never compromise, and that's the difference between them.

    Don't put words in my mouth and say I'm 'equating' something when I have done no such thing.

  2. #52
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    11,233

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Moderate Republicans Begin Move Away From Party, Toward Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by JB3 View Post
    No. I'm saying that moderate republicans still stridently believe in lower taxes, but they're more willing to compromise about them. They would not join the democratic party over taxes alone, but they WOULD compromise if necessary. The tea partiers would never compromise, and that's the difference between them.

    Don't put words in my mouth and say I'm 'equating' something when I have done no such thing.
    See:

    They would never join the democratic party because, even if they are moderate, they still vehemently disagree with their tax policy.
    I put absolutely nothing in your mouth.

  3. #53
    JUB Addict
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Chicago suburbs
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    7,142

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Moderate Republicans Begin Move Away From Party, Toward Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    See:



    I put absolutely nothing in your mouth.
    Yes, you did.

    I said absolutely nothing about tea partiers, at all. I did not equate moderates with them, and did not include them in my statement at all.

    As I said, the moderate republicans would never join the democratic party because of the tax issue. They would compromise if a bill came before them that raised taxes though.

  4. #54
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    11,233

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Moderate Republicans Begin Move Away From Party, Toward Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by JB3 View Post
    Yes, you did.

    I said absolutely nothing about tea partiers, at all. I did not equate moderates with them, and did not include them in my statement at all.

    As I said, the moderate republicans would never join the democratic party because of the tax issue. They would compromise if a bill came before them that raised taxes though.
    Even if what you are saying is the case those people are irrational as the overwhelming majority of them are not benefitted whatsoever by Republican tax policies.

    I don't think of irrational Republicans who are pretty determined to vote against their own interests as moderates.

  5. #55
    JUB Addict
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Chicago suburbs
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    7,142

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Moderate Republicans Begin Move Away From Party, Toward Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    Even if what you are saying is the case those people are irrational as the overwhelming majority of them are not benefitted whatsoever by Republican tax policies.

    I don't think of irrational Republicans who are pretty determined to vote against their own interests as moderates.
    I see now where your confusion lies. You're talking about every day people, I'm talking about lawmakers.

    Moderate republican lawmakers wouldn't switch to the democratic party because the democratic party as a whole trends towards more progressive tax policies that those moderates would not support. The difference between them and the tea party folks, though, is that they will negotiate over those tax issues and be willing to support them under the right circumstances. (like when those taxes are also accompanied by significant spending cuts)

  6. #56
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    11,233

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Moderate Republicans Begin Move Away From Party, Toward Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by JB3 View Post
    I see now where your confusion lies. You're talking about every day people, I'm talking about lawmakers.

    Moderate republican lawmakers wouldn't switch to the democratic party because the democratic party as a whole trends towards more progressive tax policies that those moderates would not support. The difference between them and the tea party folks, though, is that they will negotiate over those tax issues and be willing to support them under the right circumstances. (like when those taxes are also accompanied by significant spending cuts)
    Sorry for the confusion.

  7. #57
    JUB Addict
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Chicago suburbs
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    7,142

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Moderate Republicans Begin Move Away From Party, Toward Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    Sorry for the confusion.
    No worries. Its easy to get lines crossed. I do agree with you about moderate citizens though. It wouldn't make sense for them to continue to support a tax policy that doesn't benefit them.

  8. #58

    Re: Moderate Republicans Begin Move Away From Party, Toward Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    I think you threw out a straw man and I'm not going to defend a position just because you 'say' it's the liberal one. However ill informed you may be.
    That's not a straw man -- I was putting in plain english some of your core beliefs.

  9. #59
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    11,233

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Moderate Republicans Begin Move Away From Party, Toward Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    That's not a straw man -- I was putting in plain english some of your core beliefs.
    think you find it hard to support your idea of Americans wanting higher taxes, less security, and more government intrusion.
    Americans want higher taxes on the upper 2~%. Correct. Any claim you want to make that 'liberals' want to raise taxes for 'ordinary Americans' will have to be supported by something other than the endless Republican insistence that "they do" and that Obama's tax policy aims to "raises Americans' taxes" for anyone other than that top group.

    The Department of Homeland Security was a Republican creation and a massive increase in government scope, size and intrusiveness so this notion you have that Democrats have some big huge bureaucracy ready to implement to "intrude" into people's lives is entirely your own fiction. I don't have any clue what you're referring to, in other words.

    So no, you didn't represent my position. You represented a Republican fiction of the progressive position. Which I feel absolutely no need whatsoever to go out and defend, as it's false and based on a lot of nonsense and talking points.

  10. #60
    JUB Addict Ninja108's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    65,692

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Moderate Republicans Begin Move Away From Party, Toward Democrats

    Republicians don't have a problem with small government when it comes to things like Homeland security,nor when it involves issues like gay marriage or abortion.

  11. #61

    Re: Moderate Republicans Begin Move Away From Party, Toward Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    Americans want higher taxes on the upper 2~%. Correct. Any claim you want to make that 'liberals' want to raise taxes for 'ordinary Americans' will have to be supported by something other than the endless Republican insistence that "they do" and that Obama's tax policy aims to "raises Americans' taxes" for anyone other than that top group.

    The Department of Homeland Security was a Republican creation and a massive increase in government scope, size and intrusiveness so this notion you have that Democrats have some big huge bureaucracy ready to implement to "intrude" into people's lives is entirely your own fiction. I don't have any clue what you're referring to, in other words.

    So no, you didn't represent my position. You represented a Republican fiction of the progressive position. Which I feel absolutely no need whatsoever to go out and defend, as it's false and based on a lot of nonsense and talking points.
    Let me say it in another way -- liberals want to raise taxes on everyone else except themselves.

  12. #62
    Execuvette Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,931

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Moderate Republicans Begin Move Away From Party, Toward Democrats

    Yeah, that goes into bullshit territory. It's not even stupid enough to bash...
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  13. #63
    Halleluja! chrisrobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    9,226

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Moderate Republicans Begin Move Away From Party, Toward Democrats

    .
    MODERATE REPUBLICANS


    No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. - Eleanor Roosevelt

  14. #64
    auribus teneo lupum Stardreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Over the Hedge and Under the Hill
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Married
    Posts
    3,428

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Moderate Republicans Begin Move Away From Party, Toward Democrats

    They are not the only group that wants to see BOTH parties move back towards the center and bipartisanship.

    No Labels: Stop Fighting. Start Fixing.
    Under democracy one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule - and both commonly succeed, and are right. H. L. Mencken US editor (1880 - 1956)

  15. #65
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    11,233

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Moderate Republicans Begin Move Away From Party, Toward Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    Let me say it in another way -- liberals want to raise taxes on everyone else except themselves.
    Incorrect. Simple as that. You're using Bill O'Reilly's reasoning when he expressed mystification at how Hawaii-- so full of Asians who are "so hardworking and industrious", could be blue.

    You espouse the same mindset that people are Republican because they work and people are Democrat because they want "free stuff."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.