JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

Results 1 to 48 of 48
  1. #1

    AWKWARD: Obama Hugged Hurricane Sandy Victim and Then Sent Her a Form Letter

    Woman in viral photo says Obama broke his promise.




    On October 31st, in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, a soon-to-be-reelected President Barack Obama joined New Jersey Governor Chris Christie for a survey of the devastation at the Jersey Shore. In Brigantine, Obama embraced distraught local business owner Donna Vanzant, whose North Point Marina sustained widespread damage during the storm.

    Obama promised her “immediate” assistance, and the photo of their hug went viral days before the election.
    http://blogs.phillymag.com/the_phill...m-form-letter/

    ... the trouble is, the lady has not gotten any help from FEMA or her insurance company and is losing customers at her marina.

    The recent faux outrage by democrats, fellow JUBBERS, and some in the media about the House not approving more FEMA funding tells you even more about how this whole mess and how people are being manipulated.

    FEMA is not out of money. They have enough funding to take them through the spring -- the crying of dem's has to do with spending more money and manufmore pork.

    Quite frankly I'm amazed that someone in the White House did not follow up with Mrs. Vanzant and make sure an article like this was never published. It was a great photo-op and I'm sure the image of a compassionate Presidential candidate pushed a few people to vote for Mr. Obama. Obama got what he wanted.

    "I promise you."

    The sad part is that it was all fake.

    Yes Mrs. Vanzant, Obama gave you your 15 minutes of fame and then he gave you the shaft.


  2. #2
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,238

    Code of Conduct

    Re: AWKWARD: Obama Hugged Hurricane Sandy Victim and Then Sent Her a Form Letter



    You just dont get it do you? I guess ALL of the republicans who were justifiably outraged that a Sandy bill had not been signed..... because of HOUSE REPUBLICANS and those same republicans were lying through their teeth as well

    ......and the money was there all along...lol

    You really do kill me.

    Desperation smells funny.








    .
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  3. #3
    Do I dare to eat a peach?
    palbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Coastal Downeast Maine
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    11,127

    Code of Conduct

    Re: AWKWARD: Obama Hugged Hurricane Sandy Victim and Then Sent Her a Form Letter

    Jack, poor Jack. So bereft of anything to talk about.

  4. #4
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: AWKWARD: Obama Hugged Hurricane Sandy Victim and Then Sent Her a Form Letter

    So desperate, and now trying to score political points on the suffering of others. Republicans seem to do that a lot.

  5. #5

    Re: AWKWARD: Obama Hugged Hurricane Sandy Victim and Then Sent Her a Form Letter

    Talk about the subject, you don't need to talk about me.

    Did Obama keep his promise?

    Is FEMA broke right now? Are they refusing care to Sandy victims because there is no money?

    The answer to all three questions is no.

    We've been scammed.

  6. #6
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    104,091
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: AWKWARD: Obama Hugged Hurricane Sandy Victim and Then Sent Her a Form Letter

    When a man makes a promise, he's supposed to do his best to fulfill it. When that man is the President of the United States, it's even more important that he do so. When that President of the United States has a personal fortune substantial enough that he could write a personal check big enough to make a giant step toward fulfilling that promise, there's no excuse whatsoever.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  7. #7
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: AWKWARD: Obama Hugged Hurricane Sandy Victim and Then Sent Her a Form Letter

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    Talk about the subject, you don't need to talk about me.

    Did Obama keep his promise?

    Is FEMA broke right now? Are they refusing care to Sandy victims because there is no money?

    The answer to all three questions is no.

    We've been scammed.
    It's all one big political excuse and game that is being played in this thread.

    Obama didn't break any promise.

    Keep grasping the falsehoods. Nobody has been scammed.

  8. #8
    Virgin RetiredTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Cortlandt Manor
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married
    Posts
    30

    Code of Conduct

    Re: AWKWARD: Obama Hugged Hurricane Sandy Victim and Then Sent Her a Form Letter

    Blame the do-nothing, say NO Congress - not Obama.

  9. #9
    HUGS! ;-)
    Kyanimal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    17,479

    Code of Conduct

    Re: AWKWARD: Obama Hugged Hurricane Sandy Victim and Then Sent Her a Form Letter

    According to the Constitution (Remember that document?), the Executive Branch has NO direct say in how Government funds are spent.

    CONGRESS holds ALL the purse strings!

    What the President promised was, he would do all he Could! (i.e., use his Influence)

    What the Republican'ts said was, "NO!"

    Don't go blaming the Oval Office for what The Congress (Republi) can't seem to fathom!
    Last edited by Kyanimal; January 4th, 2013 at 08:59 PM.
    WISDOM is the Knowledge you've gained ... After you could have used it! _Me

  10. #10
    FEAR THE LIBERAL DETENTE! TX-Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Austin
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    8,618

    Code of Conduct

    Re: AWKWARD: Obama Hugged Hurricane Sandy Victim and Then Sent Her a Form Letter

    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredTeacher View Post
    Blame the do-nothing, say NO Congress - not Obama.
    Obviously you - as a former government leec....ahem employee, are a commie-socialist who can't be trusted.
    ATTACK OF THE LIBERAL ELITE

  11. #11
    Sex God tigerfan482's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Columbia
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    862

    Code of Conduct

    Re: AWKWARD: Obama Hugged Hurricane Sandy Victim and Then Sent Her a Form Letter

    Wow. What a spin that blog has. First off, if you watch the video, the President never makes her a promise that she is going to get the money to rebuild. He also specifically states that they have to prioritize and get people's homes taken care of. The promise he made was that "they were going to help her get it back together" and that she will "immediately get the help she will need to get it back together." It's apparent from the article you linked to that she has been in contact with her insurance company (which would disqualify her from government aid anyway) and that they are the ones dragging their feet.

    The second thing that I noticed was the questions the people writing this blog asked. They didn't ask if the government has given her any advice or assistance. They asked specifically what contact she has had with the White House since (and who wouldn't expect a form letter from the White House?) and then asked her what she expected.

    Thirdly, FEMA does have money but rebuilding people's marinas doesn't fall under their purview. Their responsibility is to provide emergency relief in disaster situations to provide temporarily for immediate needs (food, water, shelter, etc.) If this woman were to get any money from the government, it would be part of the $60 billion that has been held up in Congress, not from the emergency funds FEMA has to work with.

    This is a skewed blog post and obviously another attempt to make the President out to be someone who goes out and maliciously lies to people.

  12. #12
    FEAR THE LIBERAL DETENTE! TX-Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Austin
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    8,618

    Code of Conduct

    Re: AWKWARD: Obama Hugged Hurricane Sandy Victim and Then Sent Her a Form Letter

    No, say it ain't so!
    ATTACK OF THE LIBERAL ELITE

  13. #13
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    104,091
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: AWKWARD: Obama Hugged Hurricane Sandy Victim and Then Sent Her a Form Letter

    Quote Originally Posted by GiancarloC View Post
    It's all one big political excuse and game that is being played in this thread.

    Obama didn't break any promise.

    Keep grasping the falsehoods. Nobody has been scammed.
    Wait a minute -- in your book, then, a President can say "I promise", but it isn't a promise?

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  14. #14
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    104,091
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: AWKWARD: Obama Hugged Hurricane Sandy Victim and Then Sent Her a Form Letter

    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredTeacher View Post
    Blame the do-nothing, say NO Congress - not Obama.
    They didn't make the promise.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  15. #15
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: AWKWARD: Obama Hugged Hurricane Sandy Victim and Then Sent Her a Form Letter

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    Wait a minute -- in your book, then, a President can say "I promise", but it isn't a promise?
    He's not the one in charge of funding.

    And I doubt the validity of this thread in its entirety. Some blog... yea... that's credible.

  16. #16
    veni, vidi, reliqui
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    33,629

    Code of Conduct

    Re: AWKWARD: Obama Hugged Hurricane Sandy Victim and Then Sent Her a Form Letter

    Oh Jack.

    You really worry me.

  17. #17
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,238

    Code of Conduct

    Re: AWKWARD: Obama Hugged Hurricane Sandy Victim and Then Sent Her a Form Letter

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan482 View Post

    This is a skewed blog post and obviously another attempt to make the President out to be someone who goes out and maliciously lies to people.
    This is the most accurate statement in this thread.
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  18. #18
    Execuvette Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,930

    Code of Conduct

    Re: AWKWARD: Obama Hugged Hurricane Sandy Victim and Then Sent Her a Form Letter

    So the Republicans vote against funding Sandy Relief, and it is Obama's fault for not going there and rebuilding all those houses bare-handed? Insane troll logic is way too underbridge for me at this point.

    Kuli, watch the video - what promise?
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  19. #19

    Re: AWKWARD: Obama Hugged Hurricane Sandy Victim and Then Sent Her a Form Letter

    It's a little silly for this woman to expect anything more than a form letter from an email to the White House. Does she think President Obama only gets 2 or 3 emails a day?

    Moreover, businesses are not eligible for FEMA funds. They are only eligible for loans. I'm a small business owner in lower Manhattan and was out of business for a week because of Hurricane Sandy. I did the research. There is nothing but loans for businesses affected by a natural disaster. This woman does not mention whether she applied for a loan. Of course, since Congress hasn't approved of funding for disaster relief, I don't know if there is sufficient money for the loan program at this time.

    So, Jack, where is your outrage at the complete abdication of the House Republicans' responsibility to assist the victims of Hurricane Sandy?

  20. #20

    Re: AWKWARD: Obama Hugged Hurricane Sandy Victim and Then Sent Her a Form Letter

    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredTeacher View Post
    Blame the do-nothing, say NO Congress - not Obama.
    You didn't read the article.

    Hope you taught your students better skills.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanimal View Post
    According to the Constitution (Remember that document?), the Executive Branch has NO direct say in how Government funds are spent.

    CONGRESS holds ALL the purse strings!

    What the President promised was, he would do all he Could! (i.e., use his Influence)

    What the Republican'ts said was, "NO!"

    Don't go blaming the Oval Office for what The Congress (Republi) can't seem to fathom!

    Again, you didn't read the article or listen to what the President said. FEMA is not out of money. He did not help the woman as he promised. He lied.

  21. #21

    Re: AWKWARD: Obama Hugged Hurricane Sandy Victim and Then Sent Her a Form Letter

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan482 View Post
    Wow. What a spin that blog has. First off, if you watch the video, the President never makes her a promise that she is going to get the money to rebuild. He also specifically states that they have to prioritize and get people's homes taken care of. The promise he made was that "they were going to help her get it back together" and that she will "immediately get the help she will need to get it back together." It's apparent from the article you linked to that she has been in contact with her insurance company (which would disqualify her from government aid anyway) and that they are the ones dragging their feet.

    The second thing that I noticed was the questions the people writing this blog asked. They didn't ask if the government has given her any advice or assistance. They asked specifically what contact she has had with the White House since (and who wouldn't expect a form letter from the White House?) and then asked her what she expected.

    Thirdly, FEMA does have money but rebuilding people's marinas doesn't fall under their purview. Their responsibility is to provide emergency relief in disaster situations to provide temporarily for immediate needs (food, water, shelter, etc.) If this woman were to get any money from the government, it would be part of the $60 billion that has been held up in Congress, not from the emergency funds FEMA has to work with.

    This is a skewed blog post and obviously another attempt to make the President out to be someone who goes out and maliciously lies to people.
    If the sole purpose of FEMA is to provide emergency relief in disaster situations to provide temporarily for immediate needs (food, water, shelter, etc.) then why does FEMA need all the money?

    You're just making excuses to protect a man who made undeliverable promises to advance his image as a carrying person.

    I'm sorry that you and others cannot get beyond your love for the man and see ANY of his short comings. Blindly following any politician is just not a good thing to do.

  22. #22

    Re: AWKWARD: Obama Hugged Hurricane Sandy Victim and Then Sent Her a Form Letter

    Quote Originally Posted by palemale View Post
    It's a little silly for this woman to expect anything more than a form letter from an email to the White House. Does she think President Obama only gets 2 or 3 emails a day?

    Moreover, businesses are not eligible for FEMA funds. They are only eligible for loans. I'm a small business owner in lower Manhattan and was out of business for a week because of Hurricane Sandy. I did the research. There is nothing but loans for businesses affected by a natural disaster. This woman does not mention whether she applied for a loan. Of course, since Congress hasn't approved of funding for disaster relief, I don't know if there is sufficient money for the loan program at this time.

    So, Jack, where is your outrage at the complete abdication of the House Republicans' responsibility to assist the victims of Hurricane Sandy?
    First of all FEMA is not broke -- they have money until sometime in the spring. They were funded with and extra $9 yesterday and will probably get more money later this month. The media and dem's have projected an illusion that FEMA is currently out of money and people are suffering because Congress, specifically republicans, are keeping money from Sandy victims -- THAT IS FALSE.

    You, palemale, have been scammed.

    The President's staff picked this woman out to interview and show on national TV. Why did they pick her above all the others? She was used and he made promises.

    You do remember the "15 minute pledge" he made to her and all the other victims. Why make a pledge if you don't intent to keep it?

  23. #23
    veni, vidi, reliqui
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    33,629

    Code of Conduct

    Re: AWKWARD: Obama Hugged Hurricane Sandy Victim and Then Sent Her a Form Letter

    Jack. You really are starting to worry me.

    Somehow I suspect though, that you would have been totally silent if the woman in question had been black.
    Last edited by rareboy; January 5th, 2013 at 06:58 AM.

  24. #24
    Execuvette Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,930

    Code of Conduct

    Re: AWKWARD: Obama Hugged Hurricane Sandy Victim and Then Sent Her a Form Letter

    Not me. I'm not worried at all. It's business as usual under the bridge.
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  25. #25
    I can't breathe. chrisrobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,419

    Code of Conduct

    Re: AWKWARD: Obama Hugged Hurricane Sandy Victim and Then Sent Her a Form Letter

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    Talk about the subject, you don't need to talk about me.

    Did Obama keep his promise?

    Is FEMA broke right now? Are they refusing care to Sandy victims because there is no money?

    The answer to all three questions is no.

    We've been scammed.

    ...with history the final judge of our deeds. - JFK

  26. #26
    of the 99%
    Just_Believe18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    9,213

    Code of Conduct

    Re: AWKWARD: Obama Hugged Hurricane Sandy Victim and Then Sent Her a Form Letter

    I like how Jack_Springer blames Obama for things only Congress has the authorization to pass or be held responsible for. The payroll tax increase was Congress' doing. The relief aid and reconstruction funds can only be authorized for dispersement by Congress.
    #439th oldest member on JUB.

  27. #27
    JubberClubber White Eagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Widower
    Posts
    10,855

    Code of Conduct

    Re: AWKWARD: Obama Hugged Hurricane Sandy Victim and Then Sent Her a Form Letter

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    First of all FEMA is not broke -- they have money until sometime in the spring. They were funded with and extra $9 yesterday and will probably get more money later this month. The media and dem's have projected an illusion that FEMA is currently out of money and people are suffering because Congress, specifically republicans, are keeping money from Sandy victims -- THAT IS FALSE.

    You, palemale, have been scammed.

    The President's staff picked this woman out to interview and show on national TV. Why did they pick her above all the others? She was used and he made promises.

    You do remember the "15 minute pledge" he made to her and all the other victims. Why make a pledge if you don't intent to keep it?
    Where is the creditable link to FEMA's funds. I think $9 wouldn't do much to help. Give me a FEMA link to funds, not philly POST.
    BEWARE! Harassing the Indian may result in sudden and severe hair loss.

  28. #28
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,238

    Code of Conduct

    Re: AWKWARD: Obama Hugged Hurricane Sandy Victim and Then Sent Her a Form Letter

    Hmm just heard on the news that Obama was pleased the congress authorized the 9 Billion add to FEMA flood insurance program but was pushing very strongly for congress to pass the rest of the 60 billion dollar bill.

    Gee golly i wonder why Obama had to pressure congress to pass the bill if like Jack says it is all his fault and he could simply issue an executive order to get the money out........ wait he isnt a dictator.... dammit.
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  29. #29
    JUB Addict MystikWizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Baltimore
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    6,701

    Code of Conduct

    Re: AWKWARD: Obama Hugged Hurricane Sandy Victim and Then Sent Her a Form Letter

    People need to go back to Social Studies 101 and study our three branches of Government and their functions. I am never ceased to be amazed how people tend to think the President holds the functions of both the Executive AND Legislative Branches.
    Telling it like it is.

  30. #30
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    104,091
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: AWKWARD: Obama Hugged Hurricane Sandy Victim and Then Sent Her a Form Letter

    Quote Originally Posted by GiancarloC View Post
    He's not the one in charge of funding.

    And I doubt the validity of this thread in its entirety. Some blog... yea... that's credible.
    You're doubting the word of a reporter from the Philly Post? You know, the guy who interviewed her? And the promise itself was reported in, IIRC, the Guardian (UK) among other places.

    And your defense is that he made a promise he couldn't keep, so it's okay?!!!!

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  31. #31
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    104,091
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: AWKWARD: Obama Hugged Hurricane Sandy Victim and Then Sent Her a Form Letter

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolyo85 View Post
    So the Republicans vote against funding Sandy Relief, and it is Obama's fault for not going there and rebuilding all those houses bare-handed? Insane troll logic is way too underbridge for me at this point.

    Kuli, watch the video - what promise?
    He said "I promise" several times while telling his people to be sure to make sure she was helped. The only mitigating item is "we have to prioritize".

    If he knew it wasn't going to happen, he should have explained these things take time, and there's no guarantee any particular person will get their situation fixed. But he said it was going to happen, he said it would be set right, so he has to follow through.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  32. #32
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    104,091
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: AWKWARD: Obama Hugged Hurricane Sandy Victim and Then Sent Her a Form Letter

    Quote Originally Posted by palemale View Post
    It's a little silly for this woman to expect anything more than a form letter from an email to the White House. Does she think President Obama only gets 2 or 3 emails a day?

    Moreover, businesses are not eligible for FEMA funds. They are only eligible for loans. I'm a small business owner in lower Manhattan and was out of business for a week because of Hurricane Sandy. I did the research. There is nothing but loans for businesses affected by a natural disaster. This woman does not mention whether she applied for a loan. Of course, since Congress hasn't approved of funding for disaster relief, I don't know if there is sufficient money for the loan program at this time.

    So, Jack, where is your outrage at the complete abdication of the House Republicans' responsibility to assist the victims of Hurricane Sandy?
    So the defense is Obama didn't know what he was talking about?

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  33. #33
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    104,091
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: AWKWARD: Obama Hugged Hurricane Sandy Victim and Then Sent Her a Form Letter

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    First of all FEMA is not broke -- they have money until sometime in the spring. They were funded with and extra $9 yesterday and will probably get more money later this month. The media and dem's have projected an illusion that FEMA is currently out of money and people are suffering because Congress, specifically republicans, are keeping money from Sandy victims -- THAT IS FALSE.
    From experience with FEMA here it's my understanding that they have two kinds of funding: that for normal and basic operations, which means running the bureaucracy and being ready to act to be sure people have the minimum to stay alive and well, and that for the awards/grants that are given once Congress/President declare a place a disaster area. The first, they have; the second, they don't get until Congress decides how big a disaster it was and hands over a chunk of funds to use. A storm that came through here a couple of years back was bad enough Congress handed FEMA some funds, and the biggest delay in people getting the assistance they got promised was in surveying all the damage, assigning values, then dividing what Congress had funded proportionately to the damage. In that instance it turn out that what was granted to people was roughly 58% of what would have enabled them to put things back together.

    So an appeal was made for additional funds, and after some poking around by special investigators, Congress didn't feel it necessary to pony up any more funds. As a result, back before the housing crisis, a lot of people abandoned their homes and let the banks have them, or stopped making repairs because they couldn't afford to.

    So yes, FEMA has funds for basic operations, but no, they don't have money to hand out to get people going again until Congress votes it. And there's really very little new here; the process always involves politics.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolyo85 View Post
    Not me. I'm not worried at all. It's business as usual under the bridge.
    And in Congress.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  34. #34
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    104,091
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: AWKWARD: Obama Hugged Hurricane Sandy Victim and Then Sent Her a Form Letter

    Quote Originally Posted by JayHawk View Post
    Hmm just heard on the news that Obama was pleased the congress authorized the 9 Billion add to FEMA flood insurance program but was pushing very strongly for congress to pass the rest of the 60 billion dollar bill.

    Gee golly i wonder why Obama had to pressure congress to pass the bill if like Jack says it is all his fault and he could simply issue an executive order to get the money out........ wait he isnt a dictator.... dammit.
    Quote Originally Posted by MystikWizard View Post
    People need to go back to Social Studies 101 and study our three branches of Government and their functions. I am never ceased to be amazed how people tend to think the President holds the functions of both the Executive AND Legislative Branches.
    The point is that if he couldn't do it, he shouldn't have said "I promise".

    Since he said "I promise", he should be doing something, even if it's hauling out his own checkbook and writing her a check for $50k to get started -- he can definitely afford it.

    Or at the very minimum, he could order the appropriate bureaucracy to look into the foot-dragging and inappropriate totaling of boats by insurance companies (something that was done here after a storm once, too; the insurance outfits weren't even looking at most of the boats, just declaring them totaled because it was easier -- a call to the proper place in Washington D.C. got the situation remedied).

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  35. #35
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: AWKWARD: Obama Hugged Hurricane Sandy Victim and Then Sent Her a Form Letter

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    You're doubting the word of a reporter from the Philly Post? You know, the guy who interviewed her? And the promise itself was reported in, IIRC, the Guardian (UK) among other places.

    And your defense is that he made a promise he couldn't keep, so it's okay?!!!!
    Absolutely. I think this whole thread is a political point game.

    This thread has no credibility and there was no promise made. This entire thread's foundation is based on a lie.

    Just another cheap political point for the OP to score and fail at. There was no promise. Recovery itself takes time.

  36. #36

    Re: AWKWARD: Obama Hugged Hurricane Sandy Victim and Then Sent Her a Form Letter

    Quote Originally Posted by rareboy View Post
    Jack. You really are starting to worry me.

    Somehow I suspect though, that you would have been totally silent if the woman in question had been black.
    Typical liberal response when backed into a corner.

    Play the race card.

  37. #37
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: AWKWARD: Obama Hugged Hurricane Sandy Victim and Then Sent Her a Form Letter

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    Typical liberal response when backed into a corner.

    Play the race card.
    Typical conservative response when backed into a corner... score cheap political points on the backs of the suffering of others... or... when backed into the corner hold up bills that would have helped victims. That's how the GOP bullshit machine works.

    It's hilarious how we have posters demanding action from the President he doesn't control all branches of government... and certainly not the House. I guess we should have a King according to some on here. Yes, get back to study basic governance please.

  38. #38
    Suck my dick, Scalia! FuryOfFirestorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Edgewater, FL
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    2,215
    Blog Entries
    4

    Code of Conduct

    Re: AWKWARD: Obama Hugged Hurricane Sandy Victim and Then Sent Her a Form Letter

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolyo85 View Post
    So the Republicans vote against funding Sandy Relief, and it is Obama's fault for not going there and rebuilding all those houses bare-handed? Insane troll logic is way too underbridge for me at this point.

    Kuli, watch the video - what promise?
    I remember in an earlier thread that Jack also faulted Obama for not snapping his fingers and using his Muslim voodoo to magically repair all the damage from Sandy.

    Did you know that right now, children are starving in Africa? WHY ISN'T OBAMA FLYING OVER THERE WITH 2 TONS OF FOOD STRAPPED TO HIS BACK? WHY HAS HE FORSAKEN HIS TRUE LAND OF BIRTH?

  39. #39
    Suck my dick, Scalia! FuryOfFirestorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Edgewater, FL
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    2,215
    Blog Entries
    4

    Code of Conduct

    Re: AWKWARD: Obama Hugged Hurricane Sandy Victim and Then Sent Her a Form Letter

    Quote Originally Posted by MystikWizard View Post
    People need to go back to Social Studies 101 and study our three branches of Government and their functions. I am never ceased to be amazed how people tend to think the President holds the functions of both the Executive AND Legislative Branches.
    ...but..but...when a crime is committed, it's Obama's job to arrest the perp, investigate the crime scene, process the evidence and prosecute the criminal! Then he was to go over everyone's tax forms and personally deliver their refund checks! It's his job, dammit!

  40. #40
    Suck my dick, Scalia! FuryOfFirestorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Edgewater, FL
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    2,215
    Blog Entries
    4

    Code of Conduct

    Re: AWKWARD: Obama Hugged Hurricane Sandy Victim and Then Sent Her a Form Letter

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    The point is that if he couldn't do it, he shouldn't have said "I promise".

    Since he said "I promise", he should be doing something, even if it's hauling out his own checkbook and writing her a check for $50k to get started -- he can definitely afford it.

    Or at the very minimum, he could order the appropriate bureaucracy to look into the foot-dragging and inappropriate totaling of boats by insurance companies (something that was done here after a storm once, too; the insurance outfits weren't even looking at most of the boats, just declaring them totaled because it was easier -- a call to the proper place in Washington D.C. got the situation remedied).
    He promised her she would get help. She never said in the article that she left starving in the streets, so obviously she got the help she needed. He didn't say that her business has going to be fixed "right now". He didn't promise to rebuild her marrina or front her the cash to rebuild it.

    And "order the bureaucracy to look into it"? Because i'm sure they're not already swamped with people asking them to look into why the funds for their HOMES are being delayed *COUGHCONGRESSCOUGH*

  41. #41

    Re: AWKWARD: Obama Hugged Hurricane Sandy Victim and Then Sent Her a Form Letter

    Quote Originally Posted by FuryOfFirestorm View Post
    I remember in an earlier thread that Jack also faulted Obama for not snapping his fingers and using his Muslim voodoo to magically repair all the damage from Sandy.

    Did you know that right now, children are starving in Africa? WHY ISN'T OBAMA FLYING OVER THERE WITH 2 TONS OF FOOD STRAPPED TO HIS BACK? WHY HAS HE FORSAKEN HIS TRUE LAND OF BIRTH?
    Be serious man. I'm beginning to you think you believe the man has dubious thoughts about the reality of the man.

    I don't think he's Muslim or was born in a foreign country. I think he's gotten elected President two times and needs to act like a President. Many people were upset with George Bush about Katrina but now you give Obama a pass for anything .... ANYTHING.

    BTW George Bush did more for the normal person on the continent of Africa than any US President.

  42. #42
    Suck my dick, Scalia! FuryOfFirestorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Edgewater, FL
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    2,215
    Blog Entries
    4

    Code of Conduct

    Re: AWKWARD: Obama Hugged Hurricane Sandy Victim and Then Sent Her a Form Letter

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    Be serious man. I'm beginning to you think you believe the man has dubious thoughts about the reality of the man.

    I don't think he's Muslim or was born in a foreign country. I think he's gotten elected President two times and needs to act like a President. Many people were upset with George Bush about Katrina but now you give Obama a pass for anything .... ANYTHING.

    BTW George Bush did more for the normal person on the continent of Africa than any US President.
    You're the one that got his panties in a twist because Obama used a flag on his campaign buttons (like every other politician in history), and you're questioning my rational thinking?

    Obama's not perfect. We've admitted that Benghazi was mishandled. He's not getting a "free pass". There's some things he's done that he should have done sooner or done differently. However, while criticizing Obama on policy is one thing, you take it to new, ridiculous heights. That's why we don't take you seriously. We can almost time your posts to show up minutes later echoing the latest Fox News Talking Head nitpicking about Obama's choice of silverware in the White House dinning room or the length of Michelle's skirt.

    This constant harping on inanities like that borders on crazy. And most of the people that bleat loudest about Obama have been shown to be closed-minded, irrational and racist nutbags. Therefore, either your venomous ire towards Obama is based on insanity or it's based hatred of his race. Which one is it, Jack? I'd like to think you're not a racist, but you've given no sane reason for your constant vitriol against the man. Heck, I disliked (not hated) GWB, but I wasn't going on forums every day and posting rants about his campaign buttons.

  43. #43
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,753

    Code of Conduct

    Re: AWKWARD: Obama Hugged Hurricane Sandy Victim and Then Sent Her a Form Letter

    Echoing some of what Firestorm was saying... I think we can take it as the President is actually doing a really good job and actually has very decent integrity if the worst things his opponents hellbent on using against him are the kinds of things that Jack and Chance try to make into huge outrages here on the forums.

    They're absolutely and utterly nothing within any reasonable sense of proportion, least of all in comparison to the previous President.

    Everybody remember when, as Governor of Texas, Bush pantomimed the woman on death row asking for a pardon, and said "Please don't kill me" and made fun of her? Can anyone imagine if Obama did that? lmao.

  44. #44
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: AWKWARD: Obama Hugged Hurricane Sandy Victim and Then Sent Her a Form Letter

    Obama's response to Hurricane Sandy and the aftermath has been admirable and presents a certain level of capable leadership. Some may try to criticize him on a phony example or two... but must be reminded that it was the republican party trying to stall a bill to help the victims of Hurricane Sandy. In addition, the republicans had their chance in 2005 to show how they would respond to a disaster (Hurricane Katrina). They fucking failed miserably at all levels. There was such gross negligence it was borderline criminal. FEMA was headed by a idiot horse track owner.

    And sure some right wingers will probably say "BUT THAT WAS 8 YEARS AGO!!!!!" blah blah blah... it doesn't change the fact that Obama's administration responded swiftly, appropriately and effectively to a natural disaster, while the republicans have a history of failure. Brownie points anyone?

    The republicans still show the image of total incompetence when they actually stopped a bill that would help victims. Their baseless accusation was that it was laden with pork. Upon closer examination of the bill, it wasn't... in fact a wide majority of the funding was directed directly for relief efforts.

  45. #45
    HUGS! ;-)
    Kyanimal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    17,479

    Code of Conduct

    Re: AWKWARD: Obama Hugged Hurricane Sandy Victim and Then Sent Her a Form Letter

    If you are truly questioning how well, or how badly, Obama, and his administration, reacted to Hurricane Sandy, just ask Chris Christie. Yeah!, THAT Chris Christie!

    Keep smiln'!!
    Chaz
    WISDOM is the Knowledge you've gained ... After you could have used it! _Me

  46. #46
    Sex God tigerfan482's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Columbia
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    862

    Code of Conduct

    Re: AWKWARD: Obama Hugged Hurricane Sandy Victim and Then Sent Her a Form Letter

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    First of all FEMA is not broke -- they have money until sometime in the spring. They were funded with and extra $9 yesterday and will probably get more money later this month. The media and dem's have projected an illusion that FEMA is currently out of money and people are suffering because Congress, specifically republicans, are keeping money from Sandy victims -- THAT IS FALSE.

    You, palemale, have been scammed.

    The President's staff picked this woman out to interview and show on national TV. Why did they pick her above all the others? She was used and he made promises.

    You do remember the "15 minute pledge" he made to her and all the other victims. Why make a pledge if you don't intent to keep it?
    No one said FEMA is broke. The National Flood Insurance Program was going broke until Congress gave it $9 billion on Friday (it would have run out of money next week.) However, none of this applies to this woman since she has PRIVATE insurance, a condition which means she does not qualify for assistance from the NFIP. Most of FEMA's money is for their administration and immediate assistance costs (evacuations, temporary food, housing, and shelter, assisting with funding to restore utilities and provide the bare necessities, etc.) This woman didn't seem to be without any of those. She was focused on her business and, as the President told her, priorities had to be made.

    But honestly, you can't really argue much to any of this since we have a limited version of just her side of the situation passed on to us by an obviously biased blogger. We don't know any of the communication that has gone on between her and all parties involved. All we know is that she (stupidly) e-mailed the White House thinking it would be forwarded straight to the President and he would write her back and instead she got a form letter that 99.99% of everyone who e-mails the White House gets. She needs to to work with her local government and her insurance company and stop thinking that the President is going to be her personal point man through all of this.
    Last edited by tigerfan482; January 5th, 2013 at 07:08 PM.

  47. #47
    PerScientiam AdJustitiam bankside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Beware the deepity.
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married (to a man)
    Posts
    16,820
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: AWKWARD: Obama Hugged Hurricane Sandy Victim and Then Sent Her a Form Letter

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    When a man makes a promise, he's supposed to do his best to fulfill it. When that man is the President of the United States, it's even more important that he do so. When that President of the United States has a personal fortune substantial enough that he could write a personal check big enough to make a giant step toward fulfilling that promise, there's no excuse whatsoever.
    It would be bribery and vote-buying if he even hinted to use his personal funds to help someone in need of government support.
    Americans need to keep their guns so they can protect themselves from gun violence just like Nancy Lanza did. And like Chris Kyle did. And like Gabby Giffords did. And like Tom Clements did. And like Michael Piemonte. And Joseph Wilcox.

  48. #48
    Suck my dick, Scalia! FuryOfFirestorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Edgewater, FL
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    2,215
    Blog Entries
    4

    Code of Conduct

    Re: AWKWARD: Obama Hugged Hurricane Sandy Victim and Then Sent Her a Form Letter

    Quote Originally Posted by bankside View Post
    It would be bribery and vote-buying if he even hinted to use his personal funds to help someone in need of government support.
    ...but...but....she should have pulled herself up by her bootstraps! People that use government assistance are parasites sucking on the taxpayer's teat!

    Unless of course, you're a corporation that makes billions of dollars a year - then it's totally OK, because corporations are people!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.