JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

remove these banner ads by becoming a JUB Supporter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 51 to 71 of 71
  1. #51
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,752

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Shameful Lesbians Forcing Sperm Donor to Pay Child Support

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    I say the moral of the story is that the government doesn't want anyone to do much of anything without regulating it and charging fees.
    I meant this is why if you're serious about this you should use a sperm bank or something that will protect your legal anonymity.

  2. #52
    FEAR THE LIBERAL DETENTE! TX-Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Austin
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    8,604

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Shameful Lesbians Forcing Sperm Donor to Pay Child Support

    This is why you HIRE A LAWYER to peruse contracts this important - I mean, that's a no brainer.

    But then he was originally going to sell his spooge on Craigslist, and 2 lesbians were looking for spooge on same.

    NOT a sterling example of clear thinking all'round.
    ATTACK OF THE LIBERAL ELITE

  3. #53
    JUB Addict dat outside dick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ephemera
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    14,333

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Shameful Lesbians Forcing Sperm Donor to Pay Child Support

    The law is cited in the OP's link:

    "Marotta will ask the court in a hearing January 8 to dismiss the claim, which centers on a state law that the sperm must be donated through a licensed physician in order for the father to be free of any later financial obligations. Marotta gave a container of semen to the couple, who found him on Craigslist, instead of donating through a doctor or clinic."

    If two parties make a contract that goes against the law, that contract not just unenforceable, it is void. Dude should have done his homework.

  4. #54
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,238

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Shameful Lesbians Forcing Sperm Donor to Pay Child Support

    Agreed he went outside the law and for that will likely have to pay to support his child. Then once the women get on their feet if they are genuine then they will simply absolve him of payment. I know of plenty of single mothers who choose to forgo the payments from the dad just to avoid the dad. If the women do not need government handouts then the government has no enforcement...EXCEPT we are talking about Kansas. What I would like to see is how aggressively the State of Kansas goes after heterosexual deadbeat dads or if this is an extra special case.

    As far as Kansas and the state taking up the mantle of child protectorate well it gets above the law sometimes. As an example, I had a sailor who was goofing around with his son at a local store. A older lady called the police, reported their license tag and said that the sailor was kicking and beating his son. The case went to family court and it was proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that no abuse occurred. Yet the CPS of Kansas refused to let the matter drop and then ruled in their own hearing that they don't care about evidence or the courts, they were going to label this guy a child abuser. It took two more hearings and a lot of wrangling at different levels to get them to accept the evidence and drop the case.

    Something tells me this cat aint getting out of anything in the state of Kansas.
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  5. #55
    FEAR THE LIBERAL DETENTE! TX-Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Austin
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    8,604

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Shameful Lesbians Forcing Sperm Donor to Pay Child Support

    I can see the reasoning behind such a law - without it, the possibility exists for a man to simply assert he was only a donor and the woman would have no recourse - he said she said.

    I'd have a lot more sympathy if any of the three of them had bothered to look it the fuck up.
    ATTACK OF THE LIBERAL ELITE

  6. #56
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,238

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Shameful Lesbians Forcing Sperm Donor to Pay Child Support

    Yeah i already stated that. easy day.

    Still i would love a investigative look into how aggressively they pursued this case versus others. This is the land where they killed Tiller and home to Westboro Baptist.... the crazy ass people come in spades.
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  7. #57
    Execuvette Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,924

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Shameful Lesbians Forcing Sperm Donor to Pay Child Support

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    Claiming after the fact that he should have researched it is easy. But if we all researched everything that people after the fact decide we should have, we'd be seriously hampered in just living.
    Um, some decisions are more obviously requiring previous research than others. I'd say donating sperm on Craigslist should be one of those.

    And TX-Beau is right. Libertarian arguments about what's moral and what "should" be are irrelevant when discussing what IS. Claiming that this is somehow government's fault is ludicrous. People do stupid shit all the time. Laws are there to enforce order in such dealings. Some times it seems the result is bad (you apparently consider this one to be so), other times it's clearly good (what if the father in a couple decided he just didn't wanna take care of his kid and bailed?). You can't pick and choose when it should work and when not.
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  8. #58
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,238

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Shameful Lesbians Forcing Sperm Donor to Pay Child Support

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolyo85 View Post
    Um, some decisions are more obviously requiring previous research than others. I'd say donating sperm on Craigslist should be one of those.
    This I agree with. Craigslist is everything from classified to hookups... and that is how you wanted to make your child? What the fuck were these women thinking. Perhaps if they couldn't afford the normal fees to have a child with legal protections for the donor then they shouldn't be signing up to support a child for at least 18 years of life.
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  9. #59

    Re: Shameful Lesbians Forcing Sperm Donor to Pay Child Support

    Quote Originally Posted by JayHawk View Post
    Yeah i already stated that. easy day.

    Still i would love a investigative look into how aggressively they pursued this case versus others. This is the land where they killed Tiller and home to Westboro Baptist.... the crazy ass people come in spades.
    The land of crazy Kansans ... just a couple of articles from the KC Star this morning.

    Kansas militia expects zombies, and it’s dead serious

    Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2013/01/03...#storylink=cpy

    Kansas daredevil dies in leap from 393-foot tower (funeral is today)

    Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2013/01/04...#storylink=cpy

  10. #60
    veni, vidi, reliqui
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    33,588

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Shameful Lesbians Forcing Sperm Donor to Pay Child Support

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    Among white supremacists, having "beautiful white children" is considered a duty, and letting the government pay for those children is considered the government's duty.
    I believe among the fringe order Mormons, it is referred to as Bleeding the Beast.

  11. #61
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,238

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Shameful Lesbians Forcing Sperm Donor to Pay Child Support

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    The land of crazy Kansans ... just a couple of articles from the KC Star this morning.

    Kansas militia expects zombies, and it’s dead serious

    Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2013/01/03...#storylink=cpy

    Kansas daredevil dies in leap from 393-foot tower (funeral is today)

    Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2013/01/04...#storylink=cpy
    While I normally simply poke at your hate of Kansas because I am hanging my hat here and it is fun, I have to admit you are dead on with your crazy talk.... 'cept I would have to amend it to crazy red staters.... from my experience in a variety of red states I would definitely say that is more accurate.
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  12. #62
    Ruminating
    sixthson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    11,458
    Blog Entries
    16

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Shameful Lesbians Forcing Sperm Donor to Pay Child Support

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    Wrong, backwards, and wrong.

    There is no indication that "then the women expected taxpayers to foot the bill for the baby". From the half dozen articles I've read on this so far, it's pretty plain that they expected to do it themselves, but then the economy went sour on them. The state stepped in in spite of the contract, which they shouldn't do. And there's no indication that "the three of them expect the state to pay for it" (see above).
    I have only read the article as it is presented in this thread, but as I understand it, the women could not afford to go through legal channels to conceive a child so they went through Craig's List. If they could not afford that, how did they expect to afford the price of devlivery 9 months later? The cost of having a baby and raising a child should be part of family planning.

    You say the state should not have stepped in because of the contract between the 3 people, but the state was brought in by the women when they could not afford to pay for the child's birth. Who is paying for the support of the child now?
    Everyone wants to be heard. No one wants to listen.

  13. #63
    JUB Addict
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Chicago suburbs
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    7,142

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Shameful Lesbians Forcing Sperm Donor to Pay Child Support

    Quote Originally Posted by sixthson View Post
    I have only read the article as it is presented in this thread, but as I understand it, the women could not afford to go through legal channels to conceive a child so they went through Craig's List. If they could not afford that, how did they expect to afford the price of devlivery 9 months later? The cost of having a baby and raising a child should be part of family planning.

    You say the state should not have stepped in because of the contract between the 3 people, but the state was brought in by the women when they could not afford to pay for the child's birth. Who is paying for the support of the child now?
    A lot of insurance doesn't cover Invitro Fertilization, which is what they would have had to use. Those procedures can cost well over $30k per implantation. Their insurance would have covered childbirth, however.

  14. #64
    Cruise Director
    quasar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Lincoln, UK
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    17,618
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Shameful Lesbians Forcing Sperm Donor to Pay Child Support

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    Claiming after the fact that he should have researched it is easy...
    This is the problem isn't it. Whilst the exact same Sperm Donor contract would be legally binding if the means of acquiring the sperm was through an authorised avenue; because is was acquired via a non-authorised avenue, the contract isn't legally binding. Crazy.

    It is perhaps also worth pointing out at this stage in the discussion - because it appears to have been overlooked - that the couple are no longer together. Schreiner has custody of the child which is why, as a single parent, she went to the State for welfare assistance. My guess is that in innocently being truthful about her circumstances when making her claim, she inadvertently opened this can of worms. Regardless of the pressure put on her, I just don't understand why she gave Marotta's name, and I don't understand why, given the economic climate they would choose to have a child now. But that's by the by.

    That said, taking it a stage further, if the State was to accept an unauthorised sperm donor contract, what's to stop hundreds of mothers (living with their partners) handing in these kind of contracts and claiming that their offspring was donated by anonymous sperm?

    "Hey honey, let's have a kid."
    "We can't afford one."
    "Yes we can. We can tell them that it was donated sperm. That way, you don't have to pay towards the child, the State will."

    It's just one of those unfortunate things, but it'll be interesting to see how the court case goes.
    Last edited by quasar; January 6th, 2013 at 05:05 AM.

  15. #65

    Re: Shameful Lesbians Forcing Sperm Donor to Pay Child Support

    ^^^

    Shouldn't the state of Kansas also sue her former partner for child support?

    Equal rights come with responsibilities.

  16. #66
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,238

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Shameful Lesbians Forcing Sperm Donor to Pay Child Support

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    ^^^

    Shouldn't the state of Kansas also sue her former partner for child support?

    Equal rights come with responsibilities.
    The state of Kansas does not recognize those rights. If they desire to hold the same sex couple accountable to the requirements that are associated then they have to first recognize the right.

    That said this is an excellent lesson. Us homos will be opened up to thing like child support and alimony. Ya know what? I am good with assuming that responsible adult situation so that my love life can be legally protected like any other. But that is just me.
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  17. #67
    JUB Addict dat outside dick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ephemera
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    14,333

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Shameful Lesbians Forcing Sperm Donor to Pay Child Support

    "Whilst the exact same Sperm Donor contract would be legally binding if the means of acquiring the sperm was through an authorised avenue; because is was acquired via a non-authorised avenue, the contract isn't legally binding. Crazy."

    Not crazy at all. Kansas could see that in any case where a doctor told a woman that having a child would be risky, owing to, let's say, the woman's advanced age, or any one of a myriad of medical conditions, that the woman would go to the "black market" of Craigslist. They would be on the hook for what would inevitably be enormous medical bills for infants born to these at-risk mothers. If a woman chooses to go against the advice of her doctor, she is assuming the risk. It should not be passed on to the state.

    Also, once the mother sought state aid, it was incumbent upon Kansas to obtain the name of the parent. The mother did not "give him up" to the authorities.

    Good article here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2395412.html

    What's crazy is spelling "authorized" with an "s"!!!

  18. #68

    Re: Shameful Lesbians Forcing Sperm Donor to Pay Child Support

    In most, or all, all states, the biological father is liable for the support of the child. The right is for the protection of the child and therefore, the mother cannot contract it away. The contract of the mother and/or ex partner could form the basis for an indemnification suit by the father to recover back what he pays from them, but of course the mother has no money. I do not know what the ex has. The old legal maxim is, you can't squeeze blood out of a turnip.

  19. #69

    Re: Shameful Lesbians Forcing Sperm Donor to Pay Child Support

    It seems to me that Kansas needs to amend this law. The state could assert some interest in wanting some regulation of sperm donation. For example, the state may want a record of parenthood for future medical needs of the child or to prevent the spread of STIs. However, what if the women wanted a relative or friend to be a sperm donor? Why should there be any less protection for the donor or couple in that circumstance? The state could achieve its interest in maintaining records or public health without requiring all sperm donation go through a sperm bank.

  20. #70
    FEAR THE LIBERAL DETENTE! TX-Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Austin
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    8,604

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Shameful Lesbians Forcing Sperm Donor to Pay Child Support

    See, thing is, there IS legal protection for the donor - when handled within the bounds of the law - ALL they had to do was consult a lawyer, and there would be no case.

    But no, they didn't, they didn't think it through, they didn't bother to ask. The state is in no way being unreasonable, and while yes I think that the guy is getting shafted, well, he didn't act to protect himself either.

    The state perhaps might not have gone after the guy if they recognized the relationship between the two women and went after the other lesbian instead.

    So, does anyone know if the other lesbian offered to pay the child support? Or did she just skip out and avoid responsibility for a child she helped bring into the world?

    None of the principals in this come across as particularly responsible adults.
    ATTACK OF THE LIBERAL ELITE

  21. #71
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,752

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Shameful Lesbians Forcing Sperm Donor to Pay Child Support

    Yeah I see this whole thing (while not defending the Kansas law per se) as akin to doing something like seeking a life insurance policy through craig's list, or adopting a kid via Craig's list without the proper legal channels/documentation.

    It's going to blow up.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.