JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

remove these banner ads by becoming a JUB Supporter.

Page 1 of 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 194
  1. #1

    Colonialism = Slavery

    Colonialism = Slavery

    Enough said.

    All the horror and wrong is in both.

    All beautiful, struggling human beings who rise up ARE EXTERMINATED.

    Over time this has such a deep, profound effect.

    All the wisdom and LOVE of the old ones is lost.

    We are human. We are social beings, growing better through the shared wisdom, over time...and when the wisdom is EXTERMINATED.

    WE SUFFER. WE ARE WOUNDED IN WAYS THIS STUPID WORLD DOES NOT KNOW!

    ALL LOSE. There are no winners. There where no winners, only profiteres.

  2. #2
    Sex God OPHELIA_HARDIN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Seattle
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    513

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Colonialism = Slavery

    Absolutely right! There are no whiners, only profiteroles!

  3. #3

    Re: Colonialism = Slavery

    Ok, good for you, you degraded a historical and sociological event into a piece of poetry that a 5th grader could have made.

    Also tell me more about how you're complaining about the effects of colonialism while you type on a device that undoubtedly would not be yours had colonialism not occurred. Both in the fact that you possess the money for it.

    You see, you can spend time whining and being annoying about how Colonialism was a bad thing, an atrocity. But when it comes down to it you're no better than anyone else, you gain from it, you wipe your ass with the advantages Colonialism provides you. So take your self pity and wallow in some dark corner.

  4. #4
    Slut
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Marysville
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    244

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Colonialism = Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by iamthatiam View Post
    colonialism = slavery
    Dicto Simpliciter!
    Last edited by SamsDad; January 4th, 2013 at 12:46 PM.

  5. #5
    Do I dare to eat a peach?
    palbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Coastal Downeast Maine
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    11,012

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Colonialism = Slavery

    Love profiteroles!

    (How is this Thread a Current Event?)
    Last edited by palbert; January 4th, 2013 at 12:51 PM.

  6. #6
    veni, vidi, reliqui
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    33,553

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Colonialism = Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by IAMTHATIAM View Post
    Colonialism = Slavery

    Enough said.

    All the horror and wrong is in both.

    All beautiful, struggling human beings who rise up ARE EXTERMINATED.

    Over time this has such a deep, profound effect.

    All the wisdom and LOVE of the old ones is lost.

    We are human. We are social beings, growing better through the shared wisdom, over time...and when the wisdom is EXTERMINATED.

    WE SUFFER. WE ARE WOUNDED IN WAYS THIS STUPID WORLD DOES NOT KNOW!

    ALL LOSE. There are no winners. There where no winners, only profiteers.
    (fixed it for you)

    I can't imagine that anyone would argue this...but let's give it a little while, shall we?

  7. #7
    FEAR THE LIBERAL DETENTE! TX-Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Austin
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    8,563

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Colonialism = Slavery

    I suspect this is a hit and run trolling - saw another one of these in another forum.
    ATTACK OF THE LIBERAL ELITE

  8. #8
    JubberClubber White Eagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Widower
    Posts
    10,855

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Colonialism = Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by TX-Beau View Post
    I suspect this is a hit and run trolling - saw another one of these in another forum.
    Down here that would be drive by trolling.
    BEWARE! Harassing the Indian may result in sudden and severe hair loss.

  9. #9
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    103,648
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Colonialism = Slavery

    From someone with the audacity to use what the Pentateuch records as the name God told Moses was His Own, I would expect something a little more profound and less cliche.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  10. #10

    Re: Colonialism = Slavery

    There is pausity of expression, education and intelligence here... in the replies.

    Don't know you and never will.

    That's the shittiest thing about the internet isn't it. So often you want to just grab some dumb ass (and HELL YEAH I'VE BEEN THAT GUY) shake him and say, NO! THINK!!! EDUCATE your ignorant self

  11. #11
    PerScientiam AdJustitiam bankside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Beware the deepity.
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married (to a man)
    Posts
    16,625
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Colonialism = Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by IAMTHATIAM View Post
    There is pausity of expression, education and intelligence here... in the replies.

    Don't know you and never will.

    That's the shittiest thing about the internet isn't it. So often you want to just grab some dumb ass (and HELL YEAH I'VE BEEN THAT GUY) shake him and say, NO! THINK!!! EDUCATE your ignorant self
    One might begin by confirming the proper spelling of "paucity."
    Americans need to keep their guns so they can protect themselves from gun violence just like Nancy Lanza did. And like Chris Kyle did. And like Gabby Giffords did. And like Tom Clements did. And like Michael Piemonte. And Joseph Wilcox.

  12. #12
    Thankfully Liberal & Gay
    frankfrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Illinois (Agent Provocateur and Refujiunderground you can do it)
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    15,497
    Blog Entries
    5

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Colonialism = Slavery

    PAUSITY: A surprising dearth or absence of an attribute, which causes people to stop and think and question why it is lacking.
    "All legal U. S. residents who are 18 years or older, shall have an unconditional right to vote." - We need a 28th Amendment to the U. S. Constitution which resembles this...NOW!

    VOTING: Just remember: "Be careful of what you DON'T wish for. You might just get it." GET OUT AND VOTE for what you DO wish for.

    "I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires" - Susan B. Anthony

  13. #13
    veni, vidi, reliqui
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    33,553

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Colonialism = Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by IAMTHATIAM View Post
    There is pausity (sic) of expression, education and intelligence here... in the replies.

    Don't know you and never will.

    That's the shittiest thing about the internet isn't it. So often you want to just grab some dumb ass (and HELL YEAH I'VE BEEN THAT GUY) shake him and say, NO! THINK!!! EDUCATE your ignorant self

    *Gently shakes IAMTHATIAM*

  14. #14

    Re: Colonialism = Slavery

    It is unwise to generalize about colonialism, because while sometime has been brutal, in other instances it has been beneficial. No one is now arguing for a renewal of the age of colonialism. But the colonial power was often more humane and fair than the system it replaced. Africa, for instance was occupied by tribes who spent much of their time warring with each other, and since the end of colonialism, country after country has gone through a period of brutal ethnic warfare in which millions have been killed.
    The Spanish were probably the most brutal of all the colonial powers, but even there they brought and end to the massive human sacrifices practiced before their arrival. India was not a democracy before colonialism, it was ruled by the Moguls and local monarchs, and while many would dream of an idealized time, it was characterized by actual slavery, the inhumane caste system, mandatory self cremation by wives.

  15. #15
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,752

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Colonialism = Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    It is unwise to generalize about colonialism, because while sometime has been brutal, in other instances it has been beneficial. No one is now arguing for a renewal of the age of colonialism. But the colonial power was often more humane and fair than the system it replaced. Africa, for instance was occupied by tribes who spent much of their time warring with each other, and since the end of colonialism, country after country has gone through a period of brutal ethnic warfare in which millions have been killed.
    The Spanish were probably the most brutal of all the colonial powers, but even there they brought and end to the massive human sacrifices practiced before their arrival. India was not a democracy before colonialism, it was ruled by the Moguls and local monarchs, and while many would dream of an idealized time, it was characterized by actual slavery, the inhumane caste system, mandatory self cremation by wives.
    And Rareboy called it. Here comes the euphemizing.

    No, Benvolio.

    I'm sure everyone breathed a sigh of relief when the Spanish ended Aztec sacrifices but brought influenza, smallpox, gonnorhea and many other diseases which were utterly lethal and ultimately resulted in countless casualties across both continents-- not just the Aztecs.

    There's no way to say that's a good trade and any attempt is a whitewash.

  16. #16
    veni, vidi, reliqui
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    33,553

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Colonialism = Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    It is unwise to generalize about colonialism, because while sometime has been brutal, in other instances it has been beneficial. No one is now arguing for a renewal of the age of colonialism. But the colonial power was often more humane and fair than the system it replaced. Africa, for instance was occupied by tribes who spent much of their time warring with each other, and since the end of colonialism, country after country has gone through a period of brutal ethnic warfare in which millions have been killed.
    The Spanish were probably the most brutal of all the colonial powers, but even there they brought and end to the massive human sacrifices practiced before their arrival. India was not a democracy before colonialism, it was ruled by the Moguls and local monarchs, and while many would dream of an idealized time, it was characterized by actual slavery, the inhumane caste system, mandatory self cremation by wives.
    Are you fucking kidding me?

    Like colonialism didn't rely on 'Actual slavery' and the equivalent of an inhumane caste system in New World?

    That it didn't rely on the wholesale slaughter of the aboriginal inhabitants and bloody battle after bloody battle between the European 'settlers' and the north American indian tribes?

    Are.

    You.

    Fucking.

    Kidding.

    Me?

    Your grasp of history is about at the level of a grade six student or a Stormfront member.

  17. #17
    @ The House of Grimshaw pat grimshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    16,914
    Blog Entries
    13

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Colonialism = Slavery

    ^ Such a dramatic reaction! You belong on the stage alongside Bette Davis if you have to spend more time on invective rather than staying on topic.

  18. #18
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,752

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Colonialism = Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by pat grimshaw View Post
    ^ Such a dramatic reaction! You belong on the stage alongside Bette Davis if you have to spend more time on invective rather than staying on topic.
    His reaction is fundamentally the same that someone who has thoroughly studied the topic academically would have.

    That anyone who acts as an apologist for colonialist history as "actually doing more good on the whole" is doing it for a reason other than logic.

    Of course, I know where you likely fall on it. Little need to ask.

  19. #19
    @ The House of Grimshaw pat grimshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    16,914
    Blog Entries
    13

    Code of Conduct
    ^
    The Spanish brought smallpox etc but they brought a whole lot of other lifesaving and life-enhancing benefits.

    We're democrats and we have to make decisions which benefit the majority and not the Catholics who wring their hands endlessly over the loss of an individual soul

  20. #20
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,752

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Colonialism = Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by pat grimshaw View Post
    ^
    The Spanish brought smallpox etc but they brought a whole lot of other lifesaving and life-enhancing benefits.

    We're democrats and we have to make decisions which benefit the majority and not the Catholics who wring their hands endlessly over the loss of an individual soul
    Side note on Catholics...

    in the California mission system, Junipero Serra was privy (among many other things, including the rape of Indian women by Spanish soldiers for sport) to the fact that any native religious elder or medicine man who consistenly refused to recant would be taken out into the desert, put into the carcass of a partially gutted bull, and sewn inside to cook.

    One of the reasons that the attempt to canonize him as a saint failed miserably once the Natives who had been enslaved in the mission system spoke up about it. Of course it was all news to Catholics.

    So no, it doesn't come down to a divide between "rational people" and "hand wringing Christians", much as that's the usual simplicity with which you view complicated topics.

  21. #21
    veni, vidi, reliqui
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    33,553

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Colonialism = Slavery

    Hey.

    Grimshaw.



    I'm sure that you are only sorry that the 'superior' white race didn't totally eradicate all those 'inferior' races.

    Please explain all the lifesaving and life enhancing benefits that justified the eradication of the aboriginals.

    You are parroting the same garbage as the US politician who declared that the whites had actually done the Africans a favour by making them slaves in order to colonize the New World...all with the complicity of the Christian churches.

    And trust me, I'm on topic. And that wasn't invective.

    For instance, I typed out a long response to tell you what I really thought of Benvolio's and now your perspective on the topic....and then just erased it. You'll just have to let your imagination run wild.

    ...and as Buzzer has just pointed out...you appear to be staggeringly ignorant of how the Spanish Catholic church acted in the New World. Figures though.
    Last edited by rareboy; January 17th, 2013 at 03:50 PM.

  22. #22

    Re: Colonialism = Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by rareboy View Post
    Are you fucking kidding me?

    Like colonialism didn't rely on 'Actual slavery' and the equivalent of an inhumane caste system in New World?

    That it didn't rely on the wholesale slaughter of the aboriginal inhabitants and bloody battle after bloody battle between the European 'settlers' and the north American indian tribes?

    Are.

    You.

    Fucking.

    Kidding.

    Me?

    Your grasp of history is about at the level of a grade six student or a Stormfront member.
    It is unwise to generalize about colonialism. But, to a certainty , it cannot be equated with slavery. Sometimes it involved slavery, often it did not. Your hysterical screaming does not impress any one.

  23. #23
    @ The House of Grimshaw pat grimshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    16,914
    Blog Entries
    13

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Colonialism = Slavery

    XXbuzzxx, I'm glad you discussed an individual case instead of the impossibly MASSIVE topic which the OP raised.

  24. #24
    @ The House of Grimshaw pat grimshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    16,914
    Blog Entries
    13

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Colonialism = Slavery

    re #21
    1. the usual assumptions,
    2. misinformation; they weren't eradicated; the first governor was told to live peaceably alongside them
    3. yes, I can well believe your invective was very long

  25. #25
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,752

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Colonialism = Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    It is unwise to generalize about colonialism. But, to a certainty , it cannot be equated with slavery. Sometimes it involved slavery, often it did not. Your hysterical screaming does not impress any one.
    That's true, in slavery your slave is valuable property and you will, within reason, try to keep him alive so he can continue to work for you.

    In many colonialist intrusions the overt goal was eradication.

  26. #26
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,752

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Colonialism = Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by pat grimshaw View Post
    XXbuzzxx, I'm glad you discussed an individual case instead of the impossibly MASSIVE topic which the OP raised.
    I addressed your intellectually lazy breaking down of the entire topic as being between people who can be rational and Christians who torment themselves over the loss of a single soul.

    And I'm sure as usual rather than saying anything of substance you will only continue to snipe at the thread with the vaguest, most obscure asides that tell us just enough to know where you stand but not enough to meaningfully discuss anything. That's your M.O.

  27. #27
    @ The House of Grimshaw pat grimshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    16,914
    Blog Entries
    13

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Colonialism = Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    … asides …
    I know that I sometimes insert a pic or Youtube or a link in a Hot Topic thread to give an instance or some kind of context. But I'm sorry that I entered this thread with its absurdly wide generalisation for a title. So, as I said before, I'm glad you mentioned an instance in post 20 which might enable some sensible discussion.

  28. #28
    @ The House of Grimshaw pat grimshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    16,914
    Blog Entries
    13

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Colonialism = Slavery

    ^ Yes, I am sorry.

    BTW: Have you heard about the Nigerians working hard to stop the colonizing notions of the Spanish Catholics last week?

  29. #29

    Re: Colonialism = Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    That's true, in slavery your slave is valuable property and you will, within reason, try to keep him alive so he can continue to work for you.

    In many colonialist intrusions the overt goal was eradication.
    The goal was seldom eradication. My real objection is to the attempts to jump from some specifics to a general rule. Again, no one here is an advocate for colonialism or attempting to justify it. But colonialism does not equal slavery. Often it was better than what preceded or followed it. That is not the same as saying it was good.

  30. #30
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,752

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Colonialism = Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    The goal was seldom eradication. My real objection is to the attempts to jump from some specifics to a general rule. Again, no one here is an advocate for colonialism or attempting to justify it. But colonialism does not equal slavery. Often it was better than what preceded or followed it. That is not the same as saying it was good.
    As far as I was concerned the OP was trolling in his initial intent... I think this thread was even originally posted in Coming Out & Relationships if I recall correctly. So I completely ignored it. My post wasn't about the OP's point but about your characterization of colonialism as having replaced as much bad as it committed, and being positive on the whole.

  31. #31
    Virtus in medio stat JUB Admin opinterph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jawja
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    21,645
    Blog Entries
    14

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Colonialism = Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    I think this thread was even originally posted in Coming Out & Relationships if I recall correctly.
    4th Jan 2013
    Thread moved from 'Health & Wellbeing' to 'Current Events and Politics'

  32. #32
    Thankfully Liberal & Gay
    frankfrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Illinois (Agent Provocateur and Refujiunderground you can do it)
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    15,497
    Blog Entries
    5

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Colonialism = Slavery

    THIS thread was in Health and Wellbeing??!!!??!

    Quote Originally Posted by rareboy View Post
    Are you fucking kidding me?

    Like colonialism didn't rely on 'Actual slavery' and the equivalent of an inhumane caste system in New World?

    That it didn't rely on the wholesale slaughter of the aboriginal inhabitants and bloody battle after bloody battle between the European 'settlers' and the north American indian tribes?
    colonialism has almost always been extraordinarily harmful to the inhabitants who were previously there prior to the colonization. This isn't limited to "somewhere else" such as Africa, either - it happened here. Deliberate use of smallpox blankets against the "Indians" in the Western territories of the USA certainly speaks to this.

    Even colonial powers who we would tend NOT to think of as being barbaric, often were. Think, for example, of the brutality in the colonial days of Belgian Congo.
    "All legal U. S. residents who are 18 years or older, shall have an unconditional right to vote." - We need a 28th Amendment to the U. S. Constitution which resembles this...NOW!

    VOTING: Just remember: "Be careful of what you DON'T wish for. You might just get it." GET OUT AND VOTE for what you DO wish for.

    "I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires" - Susan B. Anthony

  33. #33
    Do I dare to eat a peach?
    palbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Coastal Downeast Maine
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    11,012

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Colonialism = Slavery

    Aside from one post after the initial one you have failed to educate us. Cogent English would be preferred. However, as your user name assumes the god-head, religious gibberish is acceptable.

  34. #34
    auribus teneo lupum Stardreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Over the Hedge and Under the Hill
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Married
    Posts
    3,264

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Colonialism = Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by frankfrank View Post
    THIS thread was in Health and Wellbeing??!!!??!


    colonialism has almost always been extraordinarily harmful to the inhabitants who were previously there prior to the colonization. This isn't limited to "somewhere else" such as Africa, either - it happened here. Deliberate use of smallpox blankets against the "Indians" in the Western territories of the USA certainly speaks to this.

    Even colonial powers who we would tend NOT to think of as being barbaric, often were. Think, for example, of the brutality in the colonial days of Belgian Congo.
    There was NEVER any real evidence that small pox blankets were intentionally given to Amerind populations. There is one single case where a British officer joking bats around the idea as a means of breaking a siege by Amerind forces on an isolated fort. If he actually followed through on the idea, it didn't really work. The siege was broken by an army relief force and the Amerind forces involved ALREADY had small pox running through their ranks because they were conducting genocidal raids on the farming communities through out the area and had caught the disease from some of the farm families they had killed.

    The only other recorded case was Amerinds stealing blankets from a river boat with small pox cases aboard DESPITE the US Army Officer in charge trying to stop them by offering them money and supplies instead.
    Under democracy one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule - and both commonly succeed, and are right. H. L. Mencken US editor (1880 - 1956)

  35. #35
    Virtus in medio stat JUB Admin opinterph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jawja
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    21,645
    Blog Entries
    14

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Colonialism = Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Stardreamer View Post
    There was NEVER any real evidence that small pox blankets were intentionally given to Amerind populations.
    My research indicates the same conclusion.

  36. #36
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,752

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Colonialism = Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by opinterph View Post
    My research indicates the same conclusion.
    It's true that the story about using used blankets from smallpox or tuberculosis clinics to fulfill the terms of treaty obligations, while widely suspected and reported, is difficult to prove in the hard historical record.

    However, similar albeit less dramatic acts of genocidal intent were most assuredly carried out, such as the systematic and intentional destruction of buffalo in order to weaken the strength of plains tribes, which nearly resulted in the extinction of American bison until its relatively recent recovery. Not to mention bounties paid for the scalps of Indians-- priced by adult or child, policies which were so incredibly popular that bounty offices had to begin requiring that one or both ears be attached with the scalp so that they were not paying out double dip bounties to people who would take two scalpings from the same body.

  37. #37

    Re: Colonialism = Slavery

    Umm never mind... about the pausity of thought and expression, that is the hallmark of our age.

    You think, stuggle to understand (and it's so hard in this world of MAKE_BELIEVE)

    Thank you for trying

  38. #38
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,238

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Colonialism = Slavery

    Life apparently is not fair.

    FUCK!
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  39. #39
    @ The House of Grimshaw pat grimshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    16,914
    Blog Entries
    13

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Colonialism = Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by rareboy View Post
    Hey.

    Grimshaw.…
    I'm sure that you are only sorry that the 'superior' white race didn't totally eradicate all those 'inferior' races.…
    How can you make up such histrionically-exaggerated assumptions? They weren't eradicated.
    Quote Originally Posted by rareboy View Post
    …Please explain all the lifesaving and life enhancing benefits that justified the eradication of the aboriginals…
    Another hysterical exaggeration.The biggest benefit is cash paid every fortnight to do nothing. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-11-0...7-cdep/3650560
    Quote Originally Posted by rareboy View Post
    …You are parroting the same garbage as the US politician…
    Who are you talking about? How can I parrot someone I don't know? I can tell you're frothing at the mouth here.

    http://blogs.news.com.au/dailytelegr...it_down_money/
    http://aliceonline.com.au/2011/06/19...it-down-money/

  40. #40
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,752

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Colonialism = Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by pat grimshaw View Post
    How can you make up such histrionically-exaggerated assumptions? They weren't eradicated.
    Read closely.

    I'm sure that you are only sorry that the 'superior' white race didn't totally eradicate all those 'inferior' races.…

  41. #41
    JockBoy87
    Guest

    Re: Colonialism = Slavery

    Colonialists came with fire and axes, but also technology and human capital.

  42. #42
    veni, vidi, reliqui
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    33,553

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Colonialism = Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    Read closely.
    Grimshaw is incapable of reading closely.

  43. #43
    veni, vidi, reliqui
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    33,553

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Colonialism = Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by IAMTHATIAM View Post
    Umm never mind... about the pausity of thought and expression, that is the hallmark of our age.

    You think, stuggle to understand (and it's so hard in this world of MAKE_BELIEVE)

    Thank you for trying
    Oh for Fuck's sake.

    It is paucity, not pausity.

    It is cannabis induced babblerant and poor spelling that seem to be the hallmarks of our age.

  44. #44
    JockBoy87
    Guest

    Re: Colonialism = Slavery

    A paper a day keeps the spelling police away.

  45. #45
    veni, vidi, reliqui
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    33,553

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Colonialism = Slavery

    Oh. And by the way Grimshaw. The 'humane' reservation system and welfare as reparation for simply taking all the land and resources from the aboriginals is, in fact, another form of slavery.

  46. #46
    auribus teneo lupum Stardreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Over the Hedge and Under the Hill
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Married
    Posts
    3,264

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Colonialism = Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by JockBoy87 View Post
    A paper a day keeps the spelling police away.
    Not since all the newspapers fired all the copy editors to save money thinking MS Word spell check was 'good enough'. (grins)
    Under democracy one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule - and both commonly succeed, and are right. H. L. Mencken US editor (1880 - 1956)

  47. #47
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,752

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Colonialism = Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by pat grimshaw View Post
    Another hysterical exaggeration.The biggest benefit is cash paid every fortnight to do nothing.
    Every single cent earned by Australian society today was enabled by taking the land, permanently, away from people who used to live there. That's valueless and the continuing value Australian society enjoys by having that land will never go away unless someone else takes it from them.

    What's given to indigenous people as guilt money for that is less than chump change compared to that. It's nothing. It's less than dust.

    If the biggest thing you have to rage about is indigenous people getting some aid money in exchange for "here, sorry, we completely destroyed your people and way of life, we'll feel bad if we leave you in TOTAL poverty..", then think about how good you have it in life.

  48. #48
    Do I dare to eat a peach?
    palbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Coastal Downeast Maine
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    11,012

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Colonialism = Slavery

    Grimshaw forgets the White Man's Burden.

  49. #49

    Re: Colonialism = Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by rareboy View Post
    Oh. And by the way Grimshaw. The 'humane' reservation system and welfare as reparation for simply taking all the land and resources from the aboriginals is, in fact, another form of slavery.
    Nonsense. They have all the freedoms that the rest of us enjoy.

  50. #50
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,752

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Colonialism = Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    Nonsense. They have all the freedoms that the rest of us enjoy.
    Mmhmm.

    Try being the victim of a felony on a reservation and trying to demand prosecution or investigation. Get back to me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.