JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 345 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 200 of 286
  1. #151
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,238

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Al Jazeera Buys Current TV

    Quote Originally Posted by chance1 View Post
    ^ silly ......... you make it sound like our govt. - with repubs and dems alike as President and running the Senate and House

    is at Israel's beckon call ?

    for what reason?

    could it be that we realize just how important Israel is to us ? as an ally? as our sole and only real Middle East friend

    logic dictates it's not a one way thing
    They are at Israels 'beckon call'. name outspoken leadership of either party that extols Israel as another democratic nation but then thinks we should be a strong ally in finding a peaceful solution. Israel is a weapons, or was a weapons test bed for the American military. That was a plus. Israel is also a very good example in a region surrounded by backwards societies. Yet those backwards societies we must support to live the way they desire.

    Consider this, without US obstruction Israel would have been forced to not have settlements where they invade lands they agreed to give to Palestine. If they were forced to not have settlements then the opposition would have no other reason to continue hostilities.

    Now I am no fool. Palestine is not the reason that there is so much fighting, antisemitism is the reason for the violence. However if settlements weren't an issue then it would be a cake walk to get the world to condemn the rest for being antisemites.

    Yet with America standing in the breech of any of that so we can test bed our weapons and ostensibly have a foothold of democracy in the middle east.

    Still if you remember the election BOTH our candidates were bending over backwards to see who could both suck and swallow the Jewish lobby at the same time.
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  2. #152
    veni, vidi, reliqui
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    33,624

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Al Jazeera Buys Current TV

    Quote Originally Posted by chance1 View Post
    ^ silly ......... you make it sound like our govt. - with repubs and dems alike as President and running the Senate and House

    is at Israel's beckon beck and call ?

    for what reason?

    could it be that we realize just how important Israel is to us ? as an ally? as our sole and only real Middle East friend

    logic dictates it's not a one way thing
    There.

    Fixed it for you.

  3. #153
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    104,087
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Al Jazeera Buys Current TV

    Quote Originally Posted by Mariatenebre View Post
    (We also sent) Lut (as a messenger): behold, He said to his people, "Do ye do what is shameful though ye see (its iniquity)? Would ye really approach men in your lusts rather than women? Nay, ye are a people (grossly) ignorant! But his people gave no other answer but this: they said, "Drive out the followers of Lut from your city: these are indeed men who want to be clean and pure!" Then We saved him and his household save his wife; We destined her to be of those who stayed behind. And We rained down on them a shower (of brimstone): and evil was the shower on those who were admonished (but heeded not)!

    Qur'an 27:54

    The Quran has Allah destroying Sodom because it had homosexuals. It also unscientifically says that the people of Lut were the first to have homosexuals. When science shows that homosexuals have been in all cultures and all species before the imaginary people of Lut.rds of Mohammad himself. Which in Islam the Hadith is second in authority to the Quran.
    So the Quran teaches that we humans should leave the fate of homosexuals to God, Who will deal with them in His way.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  4. #154
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    104,087
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Al Jazeera Buys Current TV

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    I'm just waiting for it to be realized the discussion is NOT about Islam, it's about whether or not any business from the Middle East should be viewed as a "muslim" effort and opposed on that basis.
    Well, of course. After all, everyone knows that all businesses in California are nests of ecofreak liberals, and all business from Georgia are batches of redneck Bible-throwing imbeciles, and.....

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  5. #155
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    104,087
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Al Jazeera Buys Current TV

    Quote Originally Posted by JayHawk View Post
    They are at Israels 'beckon call'. name outspoken leadership of either party that extols Israel as another democratic nation but then thinks we should be a strong ally in finding a peaceful solution. Israel is a weapons, or was a weapons test bed for the American military. That was a plus. Israel is also a very good example in a region surrounded by backwards societies. Yet those backwards societies we must support to live the way they desire.

    Consider this, without US obstruction Israel would have been forced to not have settlements where they invade lands they agreed to give to Palestine. If they were forced to not have settlements then the opposition would have no other reason to continue hostilities.

    Now I am no fool. Palestine is not the reason that there is so much fighting, antisemitism is the reason for the violence. However if settlements weren't an issue then it would be a cake walk to get the world to condemn the rest for being antisemites.

    Yet with America standing in the breech of any of that so we can test bed our weapons and ostensibly have a foothold of democracy in the middle east.

    Still if you remember the election BOTH our candidates were bending over backwards to see who could both suck and swallow the Jewish lobby at the same time.
    The interesting thing is that if you look at the record, Republican administrations both let Israel do more things to increase hostility and then force them to do things against their own security, while Democrats in the White House have worked with Israel and sought peace.

    Now, how would Al-Jazeera report that?



    p.s. -- "beckon" and "beck" actually have the same root, but "beckon" isn't at all the same as "beck and".

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  6. #156
    Sex God Mariatenebre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Transexual Female
    Orientation
    Straight
    Posts
    969

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Al Jazeera Buys Current TV

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    So the Quran teaches that we humans should leave the fate of homosexuals to God, Who will deal with them in His way.
    Did you ignore the Hadith which I quoted that was Mohammad's own words saying that homosexuals should be killed no matter if they are the top or bottom. Islam does not just encompass the Quran but the Hadith as well.

    Besides either way the idea that being gay is still evil and that god will destroy gays is still an evil concept.

  7. #157
    JUB Addict maxpowr9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    8,839
    Blog Entries
    3

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Al Jazeera Buys Current TV

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    The interesting thing is that if you look at the record, Republican administrations both let Israel do more things to increase hostility and then force them to do things against their own security, while Democrats in the White House have worked with Israel and sought peace.

    Now, how would Al-Jazeera report that?



    p.s. -- "beckon" and "beck" actually have the same root, but "beckon" isn't at all the same as "beck and".
    Yeah, it's right up there when people say "try and" instead of "try to".

  8. #158
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,238

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Al Jazeera Buys Current TV

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    The interesting thing is that if you look at the record, Republican administrations both let Israel do more things to increase hostility and then force them to do things against their own security, while Democrats in the White House have worked with Israel and sought peace.

    Now, how would Al-Jazeera report that?



    p.s. -- "beckon" and "beck" actually have the same root, but "beckon" isn't at all the same as "beck and".
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpowr9 View Post
    Yeah, it's right up there when people say "try and" instead of "try to".
    While I am certainly less than perfect when it comes to grammar and typing, I was quoting Chance. If you will notice my parenthetical notation.

    Israel will still have a large degree of control on how our government reacts BUT they are losing their shiny luster. It is a good thing to because without us they could find a peace solution. Yet without us they also stand just as equal a chance to be annihilated.

    Pretty shitty either way. However we could help them a lot more by not being blind to their sins.

    On Al Jazeera TV... I really have no fucking clue what them broadcasting in America has to do with Israel except for one poster who frames hate around religion. By some folks accounting we have tortured and illegally imprisoned our enemies for going on eleven years... so does our news being broadcast worldwide change a fucking thing?

    Or how about this:

    The network's stated objective is "to give voice to untold stories, promote debate, and challenge established perceptions."
    So if we believe in democracy and in folks having a voice then why not add new voices? How can that make us worse?

    If you are in the right then what exactly are you afraid of people hearing?
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  9. #159
    Thankfully Liberal & Gay
    frankfrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Illinois (Agent Provocateur and Refujiunderground you can do it)
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    15,666
    Blog Entries
    5

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Al Jazeera Buys Current TV

    Quote Originally Posted by rareboy View Post
    There.

    Fixed it for you.
    If you fix everything, such as principle/principal, its/it's, your/you're...you have you're work cut out for you, haha
    BOSS: I'm sorry, but I'll have to lay you and Jack off.
    SUE: Can you just jack off? I feel like shit today.

    Things that come to those who wait, are often left over from whoever got there first. (source: pharmaceutical spam 2007)

    "I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires" - Susan B. Anthony

  10. #160
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    104,087
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Al Jazeera Buys Current TV

    Quote Originally Posted by Mariatenebre View Post
    Did you ignore the Hadith which I quoted that was Mohammad's own words saying that homosexuals should be killed no matter if they are the top or bottom. Islam does not just encompass the Quran but the Hadith as well.

    Besides either way the idea that being gay is still evil and that god will destroy gays is still an evil concept.
    A hadith is someone's claim about what Mohammed said, nothing more. Many Islamic scholars note that no companion of Mohammed reported any such thing.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  11. #161
    It ain't easy being King MisterMajestic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    10,461

    Code of Conduct

    Albert Arnold Gore Jr. says Bye, Bye to Current TV and Hello to $70-million smackers...

    It’s amazing how Current TV began picking up new shows in 2012 and now Albert is walking away with his PHAT share of the pot ...It's hard to believe Current TV is worth $500-Million and that any Country would even think about paying that much...… Gore woooed my Joy Behar to tackle politics and now she’ll have a 2 failed Primetime shows under her belt…Thanks for the heads-up Al.....

    And all the Republicans calling you a hypocrite can go Fuck themselves...As if they would walk away from $70-million any day of the week, anytime of the Fucking year....Please.....




    http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/al-gore-stands-to-gain-about-70-million-after-selling-current-tv-to-al-jazeera/2013/01/04/4775e5d2-56a5-11e2-8b9e-dd8773594efc_story.html

  12. #162
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,238

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Al Jazeera Buys Current TV

    The only point they have to the hypocrisy is that Al Gore made a fortune off of hating big oil and now just accepted a giant check from them. Kinda interesting but not earth shattering... capitalist pigs will be capitalist pigs.... The irony is wicked just as the irony of all the worlds carbon fighting billionaires living in hugantuous mansions and arriving to carbon reduction summits in private jets. Meh!
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  13. #163
    Sex God Mariatenebre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Transexual Female
    Orientation
    Straight
    Posts
    969

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Al Jazeera Buys Current TV

    Oh and to all of these people who say that Al Jazeera is some benign news station I would like to point them to this.
    http://dailycaller.com/2013/01/04/fl...or-jews-video/

    Now be honest if a Fox New host said half of what this man said all of you and me included would be up his ass calling him out. So therefore Fox's Muslim equivalent channel should get called out as well.

    Oh and this should be added.
    http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/35...azeera-america
    Last edited by Mariatenebre; January 9th, 2013 at 10:58 PM.

  14. #164
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: Al Jazeera Buys Current TV

    Yes, Al Jazeera is a objective source for news. One anchor saying something inappropriate? The Qatar government is pro-Western and pro-US. And they own the station. It's easy to cite some right wing source like dailycaller to support some non-existent point. And most of the anchors on the English segment are British and pro-Western.

    That Daily caller site is hilarious though... they don't use facts in any of their arguments and they are operated by a bunch of right wing gun nuts. They actually said Piers Morgan isn't protected by the first amendment... those guys on that site don't understand the facts even if they were to hit them right in the face.

    http://www.aljazeera.com/aboutus/200...254204111.html

    Take a look at their actual list of field correspondents. Many of whom have decades of knowledge and experience in the field and give very insightful reporting. I suggest actually watching the channel instead of jumping to conclusions.

    It's silly and insulting to compare their work to that lame shit they do on Fox News.

  15. #165

    Re: Al Jazeera Buys Current TV

    Quote Originally Posted by GiancarloC View Post
    Yes, Al Jazeera is a objective source for news. One anchor saying something inappropriate? The Qatar government is pro-Western and pro-US. And they own the station. It's easy to cite some right wing source like dailycaller to support some non-existent point. And most of the anchors on the English segment are British and pro-Western.

    That Daily caller site is hilarious though... they don't use facts in any of their arguments and they are operated by a bunch of right wing gun nuts. They actually said Piers Morgan isn't protected by the first amendment... those guys on that site don't understand the facts even if they were to hit them right in the face.

    http://www.aljazeera.com/aboutus/200...254204111.html

    Take a look at their actual list of field correspondents. Many of whom have decades of knowledge and experience in the field and give very insightful reporting. I suggest actually watching the channel instead of jumping to conclusions.

    It's silly and insulting to compare their work to that lame shit they do on Fox News.
    It appears Al Jezeera has done what it wanted to do --- for you at least --- 'slick up' their image and graphics to appear to be objective.

    I hope that the American people will be able to distinguish between terrorist propaganda and the real news.

    I'm sure you've heard of the 1st Amendment that protects the press .. a free press.

    There is no such thing in Qatar. You're getting filtered news.

  16. #166
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    104,087
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Al Jazeera Buys Current TV

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    There is no such thing in Qatar. You're getting filtered news.
    That video Maria linked didn't look very "filtered".

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  17. #167
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    3,171

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Al Jazeera Buys Current TV

    Quote Originally Posted by chance1 View Post
    And for that he nets $125 million

    I find that ironic

    What's ironic is that while Gore publicly denounces oil and by inference, oil money, in his quest for all things green, he sells his little network to a company financed by oil money.
    Last edited by opinterph; January 11th, 2013 at 04:46 PM. Reason: fixed quote tags

  18. #168
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,753

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Al Jazeera Buys Current TV

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    It appears Al Jezeera has done what it wanted to do --- for you at least --- 'slick up' their image and graphics to appear to be objective.

    I hope that the American people will be able to distinguish between terrorist propaganda and the real news.

    I'm sure you've heard of the 1st Amendment that protects the press .. a free press.

    There is no such thing in Qatar. You're getting filtered news.
    You're getting a filtered news in the U.S. as well. You're getting whatever survived the filter of "we're now a private for-profit business and we need to run stories that are controversial, will attract ratings and viewers and get us marketshare." Not real news.

  19. #169

    Re: Al Jazeera Buys Current TV

    ^^

    I agree -- all news is filtered -- but the question is by whom? I don't want mine filtered by a foreign country that has many deep differences from my own country.

  20. #170
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,238

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Al Jazeera Buys Current TV

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    It appears Al Jezeera has done what it wanted to do --- for you at least --- 'slick up' their image and graphics to appear to be objective.

    I hope that the American people will be able to distinguish between terrorist propaganda and the real news.

    I'm sure you've heard of the 1st Amendment that protects the press .. a free press.

    There is no such thing in Qatar. You're getting filtered news.
    Even Limbaugh admits it is good journalism and he freaking hates MSM because they don't parrot his insane nonsense.

    Anyone with a critical instead of a jaundiced eye who has to deal with the middle east instead of read about it in the paper would willingly agree Al Jazeera has unique newsworthy insight.

    Of course, most Americans just prefer to have their xenophobic hate reaffirmed. SO i can see how some would not want to hear truthful messages.
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  21. #171
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,753

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Al Jazeera Buys Current TV

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    ^^

    I agree -- all news is filtered -- but the question is by whom? I don't want mine filtered by a foreign country that has many deep differences from my own country.
    If you spent some time reading UK news available in the U.S. you'd see the inherent VALUE in multiple perspectives from multiple backgrounds because you often see elements of the story in one news source that wasn't in the U.S. one.

    What's basing your fear as far as I can tell is that Al Jazeera is going to engage in some kind of brainwashing propaganda thing and attract viewers that just watch Al Jazeera and believe everything they say. But people do that anyway-- with Fox News and plenty of other biased, untrustworthy outlets of news or information, so it's not a good argument that we should shut out multiple avenues of information because of what low information people will be influenced by. The rest of us will see what U.S. news, UK news and Al Jazeera said on a given issue and have a bigger perspective on it as a result. That's a good thing.

  22. #172

    Re: Al Jazeera Buys Current TV

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    If you spent some time reading UK news available in the U.S. you'd see the inherent VALUE in multiple perspectives from multiple backgrounds because you often see elements of the story in one news source that wasn't in the U.S. one.

    What's basing your fear as far as I can tell is that Al Jazeera is going to engage in some kind of brainwashing propaganda thing and attract viewers that just watch Al Jazeera and believe everything they say. But people do that anyway-- with Fox News and plenty of other biased, untrustworthy outlets of news or information, so it's not a good argument that we should shut out multiple avenues of information because of what low information people will be influenced by. The rest of us will see what U.S. news, UK news and Al Jazeera said on a given issue and have a bigger perspective on it as a result. That's a good thing.
    I'd never think of getting my news from one source. I've seen Al Jezeera news -- it's improved in the short time they've been around. I understand that you and others here would feel more comfortable with a news source that doesn't reflect regular American values.

  23. #173
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,753

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Al Jazeera Buys Current TV

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    I'd never think of getting my news from one source. I've seen Al Jezeera news -- it's improved in the short time they've been around. I understand that you and others here would feel more comfortable with a news source that doesn't reflect regular American values.
    I don't understand the meaning or the value in the comment you threw in at the end.

    My ancestors come from this continent and both ends of the planet and I've always had a multifaceted view about America, as has my family, and we're inherently American. Any assertion that one viewpoint is the "American one" is inherently contemptuous.

  24. #174
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: Al Jazeera Buys Current TV

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    It appears Al Jezeera has done what it wanted to do --- for you at least --- 'slick up' their image and graphics to appear to be objective.

    I hope that the American people will be able to distinguish between terrorist propaganda and the real news.

    I'm sure you've heard of the 1st Amendment that protects the press .. a free press.

    There is no such thing in Qatar. You're getting filtered news.
    What a total crock. It's good for getting ANOTHER perspective and one that is differing. It has nothing to do with fucking terrorism, and that is something that Al Jazeera isn't. They are owned by the Qatari government, which is pro-US. Perhaps more than Saudi Arabia. And maybe think again before filling up on gas... perhaps your money is going to Venezuela or Saudi Arabia.

    And what's real news? That crockery of total bullshit that's on Fox Fake News? NOPEEEEEEEEEEE. Some Americans like their news filtered by the right wing fascist channel.

  25. #175
    Keeland
    Guest

    Re: Al Jazeera Buys Current TV

    CBC's Neil Macdonald: Al Jazeera America, test case for an open society

    The country that, in the name of free speech, allows flag-burning, Ku Klux Klan marches and protests at military funerals by religious zealots hoisting "God hates fags" placards decided years ago that AJE represents the kind of speech it simply cannot tolerate.

    "It's insane that a country as important and as vibrant and diverse as the United States would have such a banana republic approach to news and information," says Tony Burman, the former CBC editor in chief who spent years as AJE's managing director, trying to win cable TV carriage in the U.S. market.

    "The fear-mongering has been surreal."

  26. #176
    Execuvette Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,930

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Al Jazeera Buys Current TV

    Two observations:

    1. Considering how biased news are in the US, one should always welcome outside sources, regardless of where they come from, to balance that.

    2. Considering how biased news are in the US, it's not really surprising that so many people on here can't even fathom news NOT being biased, when, frankly, many countries hold their news to much higher standards than America does. There are always interests, but they aren't always the driving force, as it is here.
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  27. #177
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: Al Jazeera Buys Current TV

    [content removed]

    This fear mongering of Al Jazeera shows how xenophobic some really are. Take a look at different news stations please... it might expand perspectives. I even watch Russian Times (English)... and that actually is severely biased, but it gives a different perspective. It's refreshing to see different channels rather than subscribing to Faux News.
    Last edited by CTF; January 11th, 2013 at 09:19 PM. Reason: needed to moderate while allowing continuity within the discussion

  28. #178
    JUB 10k Club
    CTF's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    El corazón de Tejas
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    20,054
    Blog Entries
    23

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Al Jazeera Buys Current TV

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolyo85 View Post
    Two observations:

    1. Considering how biased news are in the US, one should always welcome outside sources, regardless of where they come from, to balance that.

    2. Considering how biased news are in the US, it's not really surprising that so many people on here can't even fathom news NOT being biased, when, frankly, many countries hold their news to much higher standards than America does. There are always interests, but they aren't always the driving force, as it is here.
    No shit!

    Back when I was a Radioman in the United States Coast Guard, complete with a Top Secret Security Clearance, I use to listen to "Radio Free Moscow."

    This was back when Reagan was President, Margaret Thatcher was the Prime Minister of England, MTV played Music Videos, and Michael Jackson was still Black.

    The Berlin wall still existed, and threat of the Global Nuclear Annihilation was something that everyone thought about everyday.

    Listening to English speaking broadcasts from the Communists Union of Soviet Socialist Republics, was akin to listening to Radio Hanoi, or Tokyo Rose.

    Then, like now, anything that doesn't "support the American narrative" is considered "propaganda."

    What many then, and now view as "propaganda" actually has some truth in what they're saying.

    The propaganda within the protected First Amendment Rights of America is that Al Jazeera is a Muslim News Organization, and Muslims are our mortal enemies, and since Al Jazeera is Muslim, there must be something wrong with them.

    I say Nah!

    They provide a perspective that most Americans aren't use to hearing, or who've been encouraged to NOT listen to.

    And a perspective that some don't want us to hear.

    And therefore we should protect ourselves and others from whatever perspective they might have to share.

    As an American I've always been interested in how my fellow inhabitants on this planet view Americans; our culture, our politics, and our "democracy."

    It never means that I have to agree with their perspective, or even like what they have to share.

    But I've found it enlightening.

    And sometimes they've been able to point out certain truths that we either refused to see, or as clear as the nose on our own face, but couldn't see without a mirror.

    If our Republic is so fragile to allow criticism, opposing perspectives, and differing views then those who are opposed have less faith in what it means to be an American than I do.
    Last edited by CTF; January 11th, 2013 at 09:11 PM.
    Never regret anything, because in that moment it's exactly what you wanted.

  29. #179
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    104,087
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Al Jazeera Buys Current TV

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    ^^

    I agree -- all news is filtered -- but the question is by whom? I don't want mine filtered by a foreign country that has many deep differences from my own country.
    You voluntarily put your head in the sand, buying into jingoism.

    Sad.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  30. #180
    Execuvette Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,930

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Al Jazeera Buys Current TV

    What's sad is the implication that news are regurgitated food that the mother (the news network) is dumping directly into the mouths of the baby bird (Jack). Because that can be the only reason not to want news filtered by a "foreign country that has many deep differences from my own country". Otherwise it is still just information. Seeing how the other culture "skewers" news is essential to understanding what is important to them and how THEY see the world, which is key to understanding THEM. Of course, if one has chosen to view "them" as simply the enemy who isn't worth understanding, this becomes unnecessary. But for the rest of us, who wish to be able to make our own opinions instead of having some "news" network give it to us for ready use, ANY point of view - even the most dramatically opposite to ours - is enlightening and worth considering.
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  31. #181

    Re: Al Jazeera Buys Current TV

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolyo85 View Post
    Two observations:

    1. Considering how biased news are in the US, one should always welcome outside sources, regardless of where they come from, to balance that.

    2. Considering how biased news are in the US, it's not really surprising that so many people on here can't even fathom news NOT being biased, when, frankly, many countries hold their news to much higher standards than America does. There are always interests, but they aren't always the driving force, as it is here.
    You can always move.

  32. #182
    Execuvette Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,930

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Al Jazeera Buys Current TV

    You can always buy a kite and run giggling on some beach with it. Your point?

    Can sanctimonious "patriotic" right-wingers on here move past the knee-jerk reaction to any criticism by a foreigner with "if you don't like it, get the fuck out"? It is WILDLY offensive, insensitive and shows absolute blindness to any nuance in communication and discussion.

    No, I do not "hate America". I love it. But as any great country, it has great problems to match its great achievements. To refuse to acknowledge that is to invite willing blindness and deny yourself the chance to grow. Your xenophobic oversimplified response to my two points fails to address either of them, instead safely huddling in a personal attack.

    You know what? With your hatred of Obama and everything Democrat, and considering the fact us liberals are now a MAJORITY in this country, I'd say YOU can always fucking move.
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  33. #183

    Re: Al Jazeera Buys Current TV

    ^^
    I hear Siberia is very nice this time of year. I could send you some color brochures, but they would be mostly snow.

  34. #184
    Execuvette Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,930

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Al Jazeera Buys Current TV

    ...then again, if one prefers being a troll, that's one's personal choice and who am I to say anything.

    Your refusal to ever rise above petty bickering and sad insulting quasi-sarcasm is entirely your personal decision, and you own it. Don't blame others for their reactions to you, because you're the architect of every word in them.
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  35. #185
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    104,087
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Al Jazeera Buys Current TV

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    You can always move.
    You are aware that telling people to "get out!" if they don't worship their country is an element of fascism, right?

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  36. #186
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: Al Jazeera Buys Current TV

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolyo85 View Post
    You can always buy a kite and run giggling on some beach with it. Your point?

    Can sanctimonious "patriotic" right-wingers on here move past the knee-jerk reaction to any criticism by a foreigner with "if you don't like it, get the fuck out"? It is WILDLY offensive, insensitive and shows absolute blindness to any nuance in communication and discussion.

    No, I do not "hate America". I love it. But as any great country, it has great problems to match its great achievements. To refuse to acknowledge that is to invite willing blindness and deny yourself the chance to grow. Your xenophobic oversimplified response to my two points fails to address either of them, instead safely huddling in a personal attack.

    You know what? With your hatred of Obama and everything Democrat, and considering the fact us liberals are now a MAJORITY in this country, I'd say YOU can always fucking move.
    Though more of a radio medium, Democracy Now may be a better source for non-biased news compared to the major media conglomerates. Of course Democracy Now is all communist according to the wingnut logic some employ on here.

  37. #187
    Execuvette Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,930

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Al Jazeera Buys Current TV

    Jack's pathetic derailing posts aside, my two points stand. The US media is MORE biased than many other first world news outlets, and Americans rush to look for bias in everything, when often it isn't there. Not saying Al Jazeera wouldn't be biased, but it would certainly be an interesting contrast that would be worth analyzing. And as someone said, a country that allows the KKK and the Phelps travesty, doesn't have any ground to stand on to refuse a legitimate news network.
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  38. #188

    Re: Al Jazeera Buys Current TV

    You really don't understand America so I can see why you don't understand why some people would be upset about a "news outlet" owned by anther country.

    One of the foundations of the USA is free speech. Al Jezeera will get their propaganda station -- but Americans have the right to turn it off as they did with Current TV and Air America.

  39. #189
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: Al Jazeera Buys Current TV

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    You really don't understand America so I can see why you don't understand why some people would be upset about a "news outlet" owned by anther country.

    One of the foundations of the USA is free speech. Al Jezeera will get their propaganda station -- but Americans have the right to turn it off as they did with Current TV and Air America.
    Wow. Just because one thinks American news stations like CNN and Fox News are full of shit doesn't mean they don't understand America.

    And Al Jazeera isn't propaganda station... at least not like Fox. Fox is real propaganda.

  40. #190
    Execuvette Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,930

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Al Jazeera Buys Current TV

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    You really don't understand America so I can see why you don't understand why some people would be upset about a "news outlet" owned by anther country.

    One of the foundations of the USA is free speech. Al Jezeera will get their propaganda station -- but Americans have the right to turn it off as they did with Current TV and Air America.

    Actually, I seem to understand America way better than you do. What I see with my own eyes is that while many people might be skeptical about its content, the only ones who want to prevent it from airing are those in your party - the party of censorship. And why? When, as you said, anyone is free to just not turn it on?

    The only people who have anything to fear from a "propaganda" station (and can this statement be more laughable from a Faux News watcher?), are those who can't think for themselves, and are afraid Al Jazeera will put the wrong thoughts into their heads. Are you one of those people?
    Last edited by Rolyo85; January 12th, 2013 at 12:21 PM.
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  41. #191
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    104,087
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Al Jazeera Buys Current TV

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    ^^

    You're welcome to move too.
    Logically, you're now a self-confessed fascist.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  42. #192

    Re: Al Jazeera Buys Current TV

    You know nothing about me.

    Stop sending me PM's.

  43. #193
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    104,087
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Al Jazeera Buys Current TV

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    You really don't understand America so I can see why you don't understand why some people would be upset about a "news outlet" owned by anther country.

    One of the foundations of the USA is free speech. Al Jezeera will get their propaganda station -- but Americans have the right to turn it off as they did with Current TV and Air America.
    The evidence says you don't understand America: anyone who did would welcome different points of view.

    Is this why you're backpedaling?

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  44. #194
    Execuvette Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,930

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Al Jazeera Buys Current TV

    It's spelled "know", and goes both ways. Also, it was a post comment, not a PM. Deal with it.
    Last edited by Rolyo85; January 12th, 2013 at 12:36 PM.
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  45. #195

    Re: Al Jazeera Buys Current TV

    Backpedaling? I said in my initial post that Al Jezerra would be in competition with FNC.

    Pay attention.

  46. #196
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    104,087
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Al Jazeera Buys Current TV

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    You no nothing about me.

    Stop sending me PM's.
    We know a lot about you. For example, in this thread you've demonstrated a preference for mind control through the limitation of what sorts of views are permitted to be presented in the public sphere, and a jingoism that can rightly be viewed as fascism.

    As for PMs, I suspect that whoever you're addressing is trying to be polite by not being honest in and open forum. You should probably be thankful.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  47. #197
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    104,087
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Al Jazeera Buys Current TV

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    ^^

    You're welcome to move too.
    Another response:

    I'd much rather stay here and take back America to what our Founders wanted.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    Backpedaling? I said in my initial post that Al Jezerra would be in competition with FNC.

    Pay attention.
    I thought you were one of the cabal who don't want them here.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  48. #198
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,238

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Al Jazeera Buys Current TV

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    ^^

    You're welcome to move too.
    Dude you're the one with your cunt bleeding all over the keyboard every day about America. Perhaps if you are so unhappy YOU should move.. lol
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  49. #199
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,753

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Al Jazeera Buys Current TV

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    ^^

    You're welcome to move too.
    I'm going to pull out my "America hating" Native ancestry and say maybe it is you who should get out. There's absolutely no reason for me to leave because my beliefs don't fit yours. My family's been here since prehistory.

  50. #200

    Re: Al Jazeera Buys Current TV

    Quote Originally Posted by JayHawk View Post
    Dude you're the one with your cunt bleeding all over the keyboard every day about America. Perhaps if you are so unhappy YOU should move.. lol
    Nice language man. Maybe you should call your mother now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.