JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

remove these banner ads by becoming a JUB Supporter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 90
  1. #1
    Banned chance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    21,386

    Code of Conduct

    Obama Orders Pay Raise For Congress, Federal Workers, Joe Biden

    Talk about out of touch

    At the same time that fiscal cliff "negotiations" are taking place and showcasing the ineptness of the senate/house ........

    President Obama is giving them a raise

    You can't make this shit up - really you can't

    I think no raise would be too much - a pay cut would've been appropriate

    But no raise would've sufficed

    Instead, they got MO money

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...ef=mostpopular

  2. #2
    JUB Addict andysayshi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    4,297

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Orders Pay Raise For Congress, Federal Workers, Joe Biden

    It does seem to be really, really bad timing.

  3. #3
    HUGS! ;-)
    Kyanimal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    17,345

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Orders Pay Raise For Congress, Federal Workers, Joe Biden

    Yep ... a Whopping .5 to 1%!

    Of course, that's after a 3yr. freeze. And, still, NONE of them will be above the 250K "tax increase" threshold.

    Now compare all that to the Wall Street Bankers, the corporate CEOs, etc., etc. How pathetic is it that our VP makes LESS than some Small Business owners?

    It's all a matter of perspective ...
    WISDOM is the Knowledge you've gained ... After you could have used it! _Me

  4. #4
    Banned chance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    21,386

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Orders Pay Raise For Congress, Federal Workers, Joe Biden

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanimal View Post
    Yep ... a Whopping .5 to 1%!

    Of course, that's after a 3yr. freeze. And, still, NONE of them will be above the 250K "tax increase" threshold.

    Now compare all that to the Wall Street Bankers, the corporate CEOs, etc., etc. How pathetic is it that our VP makes LESS than some Small Business owners?

    It's all a matter of perspective ...
    You're kidding right ?

    For many of these folks it's "tip money"

    Nancy Pelosi is worth $100M
    John Boehner is worth $4M - surprised it was that low actually
    Harry Reid $7M
    Mitch McConnell $27M

    really neat article/chart on ALL of them

    sorry Ky - they should've gotten an income adjustment - DOWNWARD

    but a RAISE ??? WHAT THE FUCK

    ever been to Major Goalsby ?


    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...h-risk-matrix/

  5. #5
    HUGS! ;-)
    Kyanimal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    17,345

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Orders Pay Raise For Congress, Federal Workers, Joe Biden

    Oh, you're right about it being "tip money". But, it's still their official salaries.

    And, since it is just "tip money", why the Outrage?
    WISDOM is the Knowledge you've gained ... After you could have used it! _Me

  6. #6
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,238

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Orders Pay Raise For Congress, Federal Workers, Joe Biden

    The outrage is because a democrat did it... ostensibly... however ALL money originates in the house and they voted for the increase Obama simply lifted the executive freeze on such raises. Rather curious timing as the very republican block of folks who are resistant to actually governing is negotiating different terms for them to play like adults.

    Still I cant bitch... and for full disclosure it is a vote for my pay raise as well...
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  7. #7
    Banned chance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    21,386

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Orders Pay Raise For Congress, Federal Workers, Joe Biden

    Quote Originally Posted by JayHawk View Post
    The outrage is because a democrat did it... ostensibly... however ALL money originates in the house and they voted for the increase Obama simply lifted the executive freeze on such raises. Rather curious timing as the very republican block of folks who are resistant to actually governing is negotiating different terms for them to play like adults.

    Still I cant bitch... and for full disclosure it is a vote for my pay raise as well...
    dude stop projecting your anti republicanism onto me - unlike u who sees things thru a political prism 24/7

    i don't

    these shit for brains DO NOT deserve a raise = not .01 not $1 not $5K

    they haven't done a good job

    and your point about repubs voting for themselves is even more reason for the ultimate authority to say "no way"

  8. #8
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,238

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Orders Pay Raise For Congress, Federal Workers, Joe Biden

    Yeah but he is raising my paycheck too... so not really a political prism...lol

    Trust me if I could give everyone who works for me a raise with a declaration..... I would.


    And don't claim your not whining because it is a democrat, I have watched you for six years. You would be defending Bush like his dick was in your ass nightly.

    if for the only reason that everyone else was blaming Bush. You just like to argue. Me too!
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  9. #9
    JUB Addict
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Chicago suburbs
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    7,142

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Orders Pay Raise For Congress, Federal Workers, Joe Biden

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanimal View Post
    Yep ... a Whopping .5 to 1%!

    Of course, that's after a 3yr. freeze. And, still, NONE of them will be above the 250K "tax increase" threshold.

    Now compare all that to the Wall Street Bankers, the corporate CEOs, etc., etc. How pathetic is it that our VP makes LESS than some Small Business owners?

    It's all a matter of perspective ...
    Not pathetic at all. The vice president makes $230,000 a year. He pays nothing for his house, nothing for his vehicles, and nothing for his security staff. He, ostensibly, does less work than most of the people you criticized and gets paid more for it.

    Don't try and turn this into a class warfare conversation, because it has nothing to do with it. None of them deserved a pay raise. Most people would argue they deserve to have their pay docked.

  10. #10
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,238

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Orders Pay Raise For Congress, Federal Workers, Joe Biden

    Quote Originally Posted by JB3 View Post
    Don't try and turn this into a class warfare conversation, because it has nothing to do with it. None of them deserved a pay raise. Most people would argue they deserve to have their pay docked.
    While it is fun to banter with Chance and it does affect my paycheck I will add that I think I should be paying more taxes and not get a raise... but hey what the hell. I agree they should be docked. Or at least not paid. I like the California budget restraint where if they don't balance a budget they don't get paid... I don't like the result of that because that pass any old shit bill just to keep getting paid... but penalties should exist.
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  11. #11
    Banned chance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    21,386

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Orders Pay Raise For Congress, Federal Workers, Joe Biden

    Quote Originally Posted by JayHawk View Post
    Yeah but he is raising my paycheck too... so not really a political prism...lol

    Trust me if I could give everyone who works for me a raise with a declaration..... I would.


    And don't claim your not whining because it is a democrat, I have watched you for six years. You would be defending Bush like his dick was in your ass nightly.

    if for the only reason that everyone else was blaming Bush. You just like to argue. Me too!
    not sure why it's an all or nothing thing ....... perhaps u do deserve a raise - but given all the time u spend bloviating here ..... i doubt it

    my defense of bush would be for two possible reasons:

    1 - i believed it - that he was doing the right thing - or thought he was - is what it is
    2 - because the freaks here overdid it - like the idea putting him ON TRIAL

    I'm no Bush lover by any means

    feel free to round up my bush loving posts

    and i do enjoy it yes

  12. #12
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,238

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Orders Pay Raise For Congress, Federal Workers, Joe Biden

    I am in transition so I have a lot of time. Soon i will be a butterfly and you will probably thank the heavens cause I wont be here much...

    I am equally none deceived about either man. And I defended what I thought was right on Bush's watch. I am left with less than free will to attack in other means until they are out of office because of article 88. I skim a very fine line at all times with that to begin with.

    The 1.7 of ECI is not hindered by the freeze as most military jobs continued to get raises. Although i contend we should not and that we should pay more taxes... but not just us. the entire country should. We created a debt... and to be clear this country will always carry debt... it is the nature of how we are designed... however this unsustainable debt needs to be whittled down and we only do that with all of us...
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  13. #13
    Banned chance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    21,386

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Orders Pay Raise For Congress, Federal Workers, Joe Biden

    ^ not sure why the middle class should pay MORE taxes - perhaps if real income was growing maybe - but it isn't

    i read where the avg. US HH would pay $2,500 or so in increased annual taxes if nothing was done

    that's $200K a month - that would likely just shift from consumption to into the govt.'s pockets

    the govt. is not very adept right now with monies collected

    that $200K could be 401K money or college fund money for people ........

    and i have yet to see you even remotely criticize the current president

    as long as when u leave BP doesn't appear in your place

    what do they say about "absence"

  14. #14
    JUB Addict maxpowr9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    8,839
    Blog Entries
    3

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Orders Pay Raise For Congress, Federal Workers, Joe Biden

    If you want to talk about craziness, it is the state-government level employees that make nearly as much as senators and congresspeople. When a regional tax collector makes $125k/year, there is something a bit off there.

  15. #15
    JockBoy87
    Guest

    Re: Obama Orders Pay Raise For Congress, Federal Workers, Joe Biden

    Well I hope this "shot in the arm" plies more congressmen to reason.
    Last edited by JockBoy87; December 30th, 2012 at 10:07 PM.

  16. #16
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,752

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Orders Pay Raise For Congress, Federal Workers, Joe Biden

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanimal View Post
    Yep ... a Whopping .5 to 1%!

    Of course, that's after a 3yr. freeze. And, still, NONE of them will be above the 250K "tax increase" threshold.

    Now compare all that to the Wall Street Bankers, the corporate CEOs, etc., etc. How pathetic is it that our VP makes LESS than some Small Business owners?

    It's all a matter of perspective ...
    Well said. You could get any number of Congressional salaries put together for what untaxed hedge fund managers get. But hey who needs proportion?

  17. #17
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    103,993
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Orders Pay Raise For Congress, Federal Workers, Joe Biden

    If he'd ordered a raise equal to a .5% increase for the lowest paid federal worker rather than a percentage for everyone, I'd applaud the good example. But this percentage increase crap has got to stop. Either give everyone a $500/mo raise, or no raise at all.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  18. #18

    Re: Obama Orders Pay Raise For Congress, Federal Workers, Joe Biden

    To me it is typical government at it's finest. Pay them whether they do anything or not. Heck, even give them a raise just because their lazy ass is still sitting in the chair. There is no other job in the US where a person gets a pay raise for accomplishing nothing. Our forefathers never intended for there to be "professional" politicians. How far we have strayed from their vision. So sad!!!

  19. #19
    Porn Star ReadyWithReadyWit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    328

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Orders Pay Raise For Congress, Federal Workers, Joe Biden

    Quote Originally Posted by chance1 View Post
    For many of these folks it's "tip money"

    Nancy Pelosi is worth $100M
    John Boehner is worth $4M - surprised it was that low actually
    Harry Reid $7M
    Mitch McConnell $27M
    What exactly is the point of this article/ argument? Foremost, the raise is for federal employees... not Congressmen (they just happen to be federal employees)... there is an important distinction... some of them might actually deserve a 0.5%-1% raise every 3 years.

    But, much more importantly, I suppose the point is to show Obama is "rewarding" them or "out of touch"? A little perspective:
    - Based on the article, the folks you mentioned are getting raises in the neighborhood of $5000-6000.
    - Obama wants to raise their taxes by a tad more than that... roughly 4%... let's see...
    John Boehner: $4M*(.04)= $160,000
    Harry Reid: $7M*(.04)= $280,000
    Mitch McConnell: $27M*(.04)= $1,080,000
    Nancy Pelosi: $100M*(.04)= $4,000,000

    Um... if Obama's motivation is to pad the pockets of Congress... I think he needs to take a class on "arithmetic".

  20. #20
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    103,993
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Orders Pay Raise For Congress, Federal Workers, Joe Biden

    Quote Originally Posted by 8tomtoms8 View Post
    To me it is typical government at it's finest. Pay them whether they do anything or not. Heck, even give them a raise just because their lazy ass is still sitting in the chair. There is no other job in the US where a person gets a pay raise for accomplishing nothing. Our forefathers never intended for there to be "professional" politicians. How far we have strayed from their vision. So sad!!!
    We should have an annual vote on who is the most corrupt member of each house of Congress. The "winners" would be sentenced to spend their next term in the Peace Corps, sweating and getting their hands dirty.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  21. #21
    Execuvette Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,924

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Orders Pay Raise For Congress, Federal Workers, Joe Biden

    Quote Originally Posted by JB3 View Post
    Not pathetic at all. The vice president makes $230,000 a year. He pays nothing for his house, nothing for his vehicles, and nothing for his security staff. He, ostensibly, does less work than most of the people you criticized and gets paid more for it.
    I loled very hard at this.
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  22. #22
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,752

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Orders Pay Raise For Congress, Federal Workers, Joe Biden

    Quote Originally Posted by ReadyWithReadyWit View Post
    What exactly is the point of this article/ argument? Foremost, the raise is for federal employees... not Congressmen (they just happen to be federal employees)... there is an important distinction... some of them might actually deserve a 0.5%-1% raise every 3 years.

    But, much more importantly, I suppose the point is to show Obama is "rewarding" them or "out of touch"? A little perspective:
    - Based on the article, the folks you mentioned are getting raises in the neighborhood of $5000-6000.
    - Obama wants to raise their taxes by a tad more than that... roughly 4%... let's see...
    John Boehner: $4M*(.04)= $160,000
    Harry Reid: $7M*(.04)= $280,000
    Mitch McConnell: $27M*(.04)= $1,080,000
    Nancy Pelosi: $100M*(.04)= $4,000,000

    Um... if Obama's motivation is to pad the pockets of Congress... I think he needs to take a class on "arithmetic".
    LOL. No you must be wrong! It's an evil plot to give Democrats in Congress and Obama more pocket money!

  23. #23
    Virtus in medio stat JUB Admin opinterph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jawja
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    21,724
    Blog Entries
    14

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Orders Pay Raise For Congress, Federal Workers, Joe Biden

    Quote Originally Posted by ReadyWithReadyWit View Post
    - Obama wants to raise their taxes by a tad more than that... roughly 4%... let's see...
    It appears that you are confusing net worth with annual income.

  24. #24

    Re: Obama Orders Pay Raise For Congress, Federal Workers, Joe Biden

    This is a non-issue. I doubt very much that giving Biden and Congress a pay raise was on Obama's mind when he lifted the order freezing salaries. He didn't want to continue a pay freeze on federal workers into a fourth year. In case it escapes anyone's attention, federal workers are people with expenses, families to feed, etc. Expenses have gone up for them over the last three years, but their salaries have not.

    It also has the added bonus of putting more money into the economy, because most federal workers are not rich and will spend the money.

  25. #25
    veni, vidi, reliqui
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    33,588

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Orders Pay Raise For Congress, Federal Workers, Joe Biden

    Oh Chance.

    It is going to be a long 4 years for you.

  26. #26
    Banned chance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    21,386

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Orders Pay Raise For Congress, Federal Workers, Joe Biden

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    Well said. You could get any number of Congressional salaries put together for what untaxed hedge fund managers get. But hey who needs proportion?
    So you think their raise is a good thing ?

    Tell me who DOESN'T deserve a raise

    Contrarian much ?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by rareboy View Post
    Oh Chance.

    It is going to be a long 4 years for you.
    Ask and answered

    And it was grand

  27. #27
    Banned chance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    21,386

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Orders Pay Raise For Congress, Federal Workers, Joe Biden

    Quote Originally Posted by palemale View Post
    This is a non-issue. I doubt very much that giving Biden and Congress a pay raise was on Obama's mind when he lifted the order freezing salaries. He didn't want to continue a pay freeze on federal workers into a fourth year. In case it escapes anyone's attention, federal workers are people with expenses, families to feed, etc. Expenses have gone up for them over the last three years, but their salaries have not.

    It also has the added bonus of putting more money into the economy, because most federal workers are not rich and will spend the money.
    What a system

    A federal worker making 40k is on the same raise/no raise roll as Nancy Pelosi who is worth 100M

    Clap hands wildly

    And another thing

  28. #28

    Re: Obama Orders Pay Raise For Congress, Federal Workers, Joe Biden

    Quote Originally Posted by JayHawk View Post
    Yeah but he is raising my paycheck too... so not really a political prism...lol

    Trust me if I could give everyone who works for me a raise with a declaration..... I would.


    And don't claim your not whining because it is a democrat, I have watched you for six years. You would be defending Bush like his dick was in your ass nightly.

    if for the only reason that everyone else was blaming Bush. You just like to argue. Me too!
    My understanding is that this raise was for executive personal -- not the regular joe blow federal government worker. Any outrage there?

    I'll answer for you -- no.

  29. #29
    Execuvette Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,924

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Orders Pay Raise For Congress, Federal Workers, Joe Biden

    You're saying it as if it's an automatic occasion for outrage, and since we aren't outraged, you've some how "gotten" us. It's a false premise.
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  30. #30

    Re: Obama Orders Pay Raise For Congress, Federal Workers, Joe Biden

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    My understanding is that this raise was for executive personal -- not the regular joe blow federal government worker. Any outrage there?

    I'll answer for you -- no.
    The executive order covers all federal workers.

  31. #31

    Re: Obama Orders Pay Raise For Congress, Federal Workers, Joe Biden

    Quote Originally Posted by palemale View Post
    The executive order covers all federal workers.
    Some federal employees will get a pay raise. Not all. Obama's executive order is not specific enough for the regular person to read -- but almost all press reports use the phrase "some employees" -- not "all employees."

    I wonder how the SEIU members are feeling about their payback for re-electing Obama prez -- 1/2 of 1% increase.

    Strange in the middle of trying to reduce the amount of government spending, Obama spends over $1 billion more.

  32. #32
    JUB Addict vulgar_newcomer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    St. Petersburg
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,783

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Orders Pay Raise For Congress, Federal Workers, Joe Biden

    Quote Originally Posted by palemale View Post
    This is a non-issue. I doubt very much that giving Biden and Congress a pay raise was on Obama's mind when he lifted the order freezing salaries. He didn't want to continue a pay freeze on federal workers into a fourth year. In case it escapes anyone's attention, federal workers are people with expenses, families to feed, etc. Expenses have gone up for them over the last three years, but their salaries have not.

    It also has the added bonus of putting more money into the economy, because most federal workers are not rich and will spend the money.
    Right on. People fail to see the huge work force of federal employees who are lower level secretaries, janitors, meteorologist, engineers, truck drivers, maintenance staff, park rangers, security, etc.
    They blindly lump everything into solely politician when if fact that is not the main core of federal workers all in the same rat race trying to keep up with insurance, utility, food, & housing cost with the rest of the population.

    So if you a GS 4 step 3 making $14.95 a hr in Atlanta GA (frozen since 2010) you get a whooping .05% increase!!! Holy shit batman I wonder how much health care, fuel, food, and electric has gone up since 2010 in greater metro Atlanta? I bet more then .05%.

  33. #33
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    103,993
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Orders Pay Raise For Congress, Federal Workers, Joe Biden

    Quote Originally Posted by palemale View Post
    This is a non-issue. I doubt very much that giving Biden and Congress a pay raise was on Obama's mind when he lifted the order freezing salaries. He didn't want to continue a pay freeze on federal workers into a fourth year. In case it escapes anyone's attention, federal workers are people with expenses, families to feed, etc. Expenses have gone up for them over the last three years, but their salaries have not.

    It also has the added bonus of putting more money into the economy, because most federal workers are not rich and will spend the money.
    Their expenses did not rise by a percentage of income, but by a percentage of what it actually costs to live. Raises as a percentage of salaries have got to stop.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  34. #34
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    103,993
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Orders Pay Raise For Congress, Federal Workers, Joe Biden

    Quote Originally Posted by vulgar_newcomer View Post
    Right on. People fail to see the huge work force of federal employees who are lower level secretaries, janitors, meteorologist, engineers, truck drivers, maintenance staff, park rangers, security, etc.
    They blindly lump everything into solely politician when if fact that is not the main core of federal workers all in the same rat race trying to keep up with insurance, utility, food, & housing cost with the rest of the population.

    So if you a GS 4 step 3 making $14.95 a hr in Atlanta GA (frozen since 2010) you get a whooping .05% increase!!! Holy shit batman I wonder how much health care, fuel, food, and electric has gone up since 2010 in greater metro Atlanta? I bet more then .05%.
    So he could have just lifted it for those making less than the median, right?

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  35. #35
    Do I dare to eat a peach?
    palbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Coastal Downeast Maine
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    11,112

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Orders Pay Raise For Congress, Federal Workers, Joe Biden

    In my mind these raises border on the criminal.

  36. #36
    Suck my dick, Scalia! FuryOfFirestorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Edgewater, FL
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    2,215
    Blog Entries
    4

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Orders Pay Raise For Congress, Federal Workers, Joe Biden

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    We should have an annual vote on who is the most corrupt member of each house of Congress. The "winners" would be sentenced to spend their next term in the Peace Corps, sweating and getting their hands dirty.
    Good idea. Better yet, they have to go disarm land mines in Third World countries. They either help prevent people from getting maimed and killed, or they get blown up in the process. I call that a "win-win" outcome.

  37. #37
    Banned chance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    21,386

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Orders Pay Raise For Congress, Federal Workers, Joe Biden

    ^ an interesting "twist" ..... Disarming land mines

    You get voted "most creative off topic rant"

    Happy holidays

    Tying $15 per hour workers to McConnell - Pelosi is .....

    SICK !!!

    Happy New Year to all 100 %

  38. #38
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,752

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Orders Pay Raise For Congress, Federal Workers, Joe Biden

    Quote Originally Posted by chance1 View Post
    So you think their raise is a good thing ?
    Yes, I think a raise to Federal employees who haven't had a raise in 3 years is a good thing.

    You falsely presented this as only Congress and the President paying themselves more. And CE&P is bright enough to figure that out. Try again.

  39. #39
    Banned chance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    21,386

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Orders Pay Raise For Congress, Federal Workers, Joe Biden

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    Yes, I think a raise to Federal employees who haven't had a raise in 3 years is a good thing.

    You falsely presented this as only Congress and the President paying themselves more. And CE&P is bright enough to figure that out. Try again.
    falsely presented ? it's an article with a title and a story

    both are used

    so take a hike

    and don't be so sloppy

  40. #40
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,752

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Orders Pay Raise For Congress, Federal Workers, Joe Biden

    Quote Originally Posted by chance1 View Post
    falsely presented ? it's an article with a title and a story

    both are used

    so take a hike

    and don't be so sloppy
    Completely and utterly obvious what your angle was here. No, this pay increase was not bad when the monumental majority of it went to everyday working people who are Federal employees who spend in our economy. Not bad, move on. New outrage waiting for you somewhere on the net I'm sure.

  41. #41
    Virtus in medio stat JUB Admin opinterph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jawja
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    21,724
    Blog Entries
    14

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Orders Pay Raise For Congress, Federal Workers, Joe Biden

    Quote Originally Posted by vulgar_newcomer View Post
    Holy shit batman I wonder how much health care, fuel, food, and electric has gone up since 2010 in greater metro Atlanta? I bet more then .05%.
    Approximate increase of 2.6% as compared to average annual Cost of Living Index.


    Atlanta, Georgia

    9th largest Metropolitan Statistical Area in US

    Population: 5.4 million

    Cost of Living Index (US average = 100)

    2009 93.2
    2010 95.4
    2011 96.7
    2012 98.0

    (Source: Technology Association of Georgia, Kiplinger)



    Federal workers are falling farther behind on pay, study shows (Eric Yoder, Washington Post; October 19, 2012)

  42. #42

    Re: Obama Orders Pay Raise For Congress, Federal Workers, Joe Biden

    ^^^

    The idea is to reduce spending, not increase it.

  43. #43
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,752

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Orders Pay Raise For Congress, Federal Workers, Joe Biden

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    ^^^

    The idea is to reduce spending, not increase it.
    It is not the correct way to do that to take every government employee and freeze their pay forever until they're in wage slavery. Cut actually big stuff like you know... defense.

  44. #44

    Re: Obama Orders Pay Raise For Congress, Federal Workers, Joe Biden

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    It is not the correct way to do that to take every government employee and freeze their pay forever until they're in wage slavery. Cut actually big stuff like you know... defense.
    In case you're entirely in a bubble and don't know what's been happening the last 4+ years -- let me refresh your memory about the sufferings of the American people.

    Millions of Americans have lost their jobs, some cannot find anything, people have been losing their homes, life savings, working for minimum wage and many have not had a wage increase or are working for less rather than lose their jobs.

    Federal government employees do rather well.

    I'm all for cutting defense spending -- there is much cutting that can be done there. I know too many retired military that have 2nd homes, huge RV's, get discounted gas, and shop is segregated grocery stores.

  45. #45
    Banned chance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    21,386

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Orders Pay Raise For Congress, Federal Workers, Joe Biden

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    Completely and utterly obvious what your angle was here. No, this pay increase was not bad when the monumental majority of it went to everyday working people who are Federal employees who spend in our economy. Not bad, move on. New outrage waiting for you somewhere on the net I'm sure.
    So sad

    I read a piece on the HUFFINGTON POST

    And posted it

    Have u read Huff Po ?

    If u did you'd know how they lean

    Try to get a grip

  46. #46
    Banned chance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    21,386

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Orders Pay Raise For Congress, Federal Workers, Joe Biden

    Quote Originally Posted by opinterph View Post
    Approximate increase of 2.6% as compared to average annual Cost of Living Index.

    Atlanta, Georgia

    9th largest Metropolitan Statistical Area in US

    Population: 5.4 million

    Cost of Living Index (US average = 100)
    2009 93.2
    2010 95.4
    2011 96.7
    2012 98.0

    (Source: Technology Association of Georgia, Kiplinger)



    Federal workers are falling farther behind on pay, study shows (Eric Yoder, Washington Post; October 19, 2012)
    Thanks for sharing - do u have an opinion here ? Seems u don't follow the standards u apply to others

    As for the attachment ......

    It shows that WITH BENEFITS included

    Federal workers are outpacing privates.

    Since we don't know your POV it's impossible to ascertain whether or not u saw this

  47. #47
    HUGS! ;-)
    Kyanimal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    17,345

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Orders Pay Raise For Congress, Federal Workers, Joe Biden

    I'd just like to reiterate a few points that have already been made ...

    The Pres. did NOT give Federal Employees a raise. That is not within his power. The raises were passed by CONGRESS, which holds ALL of the purse strings.

    What he did was release a Freeze that he'd imposed, by executive order, on that portion of Congressional spending.

    As for Americans financially suffering ... um ... When did the House of Cards collapse into the Abyss? 2008? Oh! "W"s last year. Not Obama's first!

    Just wanted to throw in those reminders ...

    Keep smilin'!!
    Chaz
    Last edited by Kyanimal; December 31st, 2012 at 03:15 PM.
    WISDOM is the Knowledge you've gained ... After you could have used it! _Me

  48. #48
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,238

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Orders Pay Raise For Congress, Federal Workers, Joe Biden

    Quote Originally Posted by chance1 View Post
    ^ not sure why the middle class should pay MORE taxes - perhaps if real income was growing maybe - but it isn't

    i read where the avg. US HH would pay $2,500 or so in increased annual taxes if nothing was done

    that's $200K a month - that would likely just shift from consumption to into the govt.'s pockets

    the govt. is not very adept right now with monies collected

    that $200K could be 401K money or college fund money for people ........

    and i have yet to see you even remotely criticize the current president

    as long as when u leave BP doesn't appear in your place

    what do they say about "absence"
    Actually we are at a negative savings rate so realistically the money would be taken out of the economy and not spent. That is what it means for ninety percent of America.
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  49. #49
    Virtus in medio stat JUB Admin opinterph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jawja
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    21,724
    Blog Entries
    14

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Orders Pay Raise For Congress, Federal Workers, Joe Biden

    Quote Originally Posted by chance1 View Post
    Thanks for sharing - do u have an opinion here ? Seems u don't follow the standards u apply to others
    Itís all original content, produced by me. No quotes. The facts were derived from external sources, as noted Ė http://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-protect.html


    Quote Originally Posted by chance1 View Post
    As for the attachment ......
    The post doesnít include an attachment.

    BTW~ You should read the linked article from Washington Post. It includes an alterative view argued by Mitt Romney that you might enjoy.

  50. #50
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,238

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Orders Pay Raise For Congress, Federal Workers, Joe Biden

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    In case you're entirely in a bubble and don't know what's been happening the last 4+ years -- let me refresh your memory about the sufferings of the American people.

    Millions of Americans have lost their jobs, some cannot find anything, people have been losing their homes, life savings, working for minimum wage and many have not had a wage increase or are working for less rather than lose their jobs.

    Federal government employees do rather well.

    I'm all for cutting defense spending -- there is much cutting that can be done there. I know too many retired military that have 2nd homes, huge RV's, get discounted gas, and shop is segregated grocery stores.
    Sounds like someone is a bit jealous here. lol.

    The cuts to defense have nothing to do with cutting out Commissaries where service members buy groceries for no taxes. Which were benefits set up because of the low rate of pay. The pay is still unequal to similar professions on the outside of the service. Which is why we get 1.7 guaranteed until the equity is restored.

    You couldnt possibly be upset because military families have the ability to spend very little while a major portion of there family (Mom or Dad) is deployed and able to save. You seem pretty upset that people can make smart decisions and save money.... pretty pathetic.

    On the other hand you did get one inkling right in your bile. Defense needs to be cut... we were about 750 thousand between army and Marines prior to the two wars. We now stand at a million. We can cut those 250 thousand out of continuous service. Perhaps allow them a reserve affiliation if they are particularly good soldiers and marines. We can also save from the draw down of the wars, the draw down of service members overseas. Not complete withdrawal but you really do not need a giant hospital complex in Germany if they is no war effort next to there to feed them patients. Finally we need to continue to explore technology but not at breakneck pace. Do we need a new fighter or can we extend the life of the f18? Could we slow production of the DDx and just push out a few more Arleigh Burkes or extend hull lives to keep them at sea?

    There are many solutions. Cutting well earned benefits is the kind of thinking that earned us tragic and epic levels of homelessness after Vietnam. Don't hate your neighbors because they can plan with skimpy money and because they use benefits they earned that you failed to earn.
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.