JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

remove these banner ads by becoming a JUB Supporter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 63
  1. #1
    Active bendted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,123

    Code of Conduct

    Any of you gun people open carry?

    Amazingly, it is perfectly legal to flaunt a weapon here (Portland, Maine). Some dipwad was cruising the streets with the same type of gun used in the recent killings. The police got 65 complaints, but, incredibly, they could not, by law, even ask to see a permit -- not to mention detain him. Exercising 2nd Amendment "rights" in the finest of fashion.

    So who here open-carrys and what reactions do you get?

    http://www.wcsh6.com/news/article/22...d-neighborhood

  2. #2
    Are u haleloo ya ? Telstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    28,370

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Any of you gun people open carry?

    I've heard more and more about gun laws in the US.
    Its ridiculous.

    Guns outside of homes should be made illegal period.


    NEVER LISTEN TO A ONE SIDED STORY AND JUDGE.

  3. #3
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    101,341
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Any of you gun people open carry?

    "Flaunting" is in many places a legal term, and merely carrying a weapon doesn't count, even if it's strung over your back while you bicycle or jog.

    I open carry on occasion. The reactions I've gotten vary from politeness to fights stopping to saving my life to a security guard at a mall who started a conversation about the best gun for self-defense.

    Yeah, that was the mall that later decided guns were forbidden. Then it had a shooter invade it.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  4. #4
    Reunited
    medic1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Edinburgh Scotland
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    5,978
    Blog Entries
    12

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Any of you gun people open carry?

    This is why i thank god that i do not live in a country that is gun mad .
    Honestly they even issue gun permits to people who have a history of mental illness , and i am sure this post will get lots of "you dont know what the fuck you are talking about" .

    My personal opinion is that people who openly carry feel that it makes them into something they are not , and before people get all uppity that is my opinion , which i believe i am entitled to .

  5. #5
    Impish and Mercurial Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,679

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Any of you gun people open carry?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    "Flaunting" is in many places a legal term, and merely carrying a weapon doesn't count, even if it's strung over your back while you bicycle or jog.

    I open carry on occasion. The reactions I've gotten vary from politeness to fights stopping to saving my life to a security guard at a mall who started a conversation about the best gun for self-defense.

    Yeah, that was the mall that later decided guns were forbidden. Then it had a shooter invade it.
    Yeah, this sort of description - that implies the general population is in love with guns and people here are just a weird aberration - makes everyone think you're willfully blind.
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  6. #6
    JUB Addict
    andysayshi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    4,288

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Any of you gun people open carry?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    "Flaunting" is in many places a legal term, and merely carrying a weapon doesn't count, even if it's strung over your back while you bicycle or jog.
    Jesus, the heaviest thing I carry when I run is an iPod Nano. And even that annoys me.

  7. #7
    Active bendted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,123

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Any of you gun people open carry?

    I wish all gun boosters would open-carry. The public exposure would too distressing, leading to action in their curtailment.

    Update: http://www.pressherald.com/news/gunm...012-12-27.html
    Last edited by bendted; December 27th, 2012 at 05:36 AM.

  8. #8
    Banned chance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    21,386

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Any of you gun people open carry?

    I idea of kuli carrying in the open

    Flaunting it

    Is scary mofo shit

  9. #9
    Are u haleloo ya ? Telstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    28,370

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Any of you gun people open carry?

    There are too many things to carry like wallet, phone and car/house keys and these things are quite bulky already. Carry guns around is just stupid because of bulkiness.

    I think they should go to the extreme and carry machine guns around everywhere.
    That would make them fit.


    NEVER LISTEN TO A ONE SIDED STORY AND JUDGE.

  10. #10
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,226

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Any of you gun people open carry?

    The only time I had the urge was when I lived in California. However, there it was a form of civil disobedience. It is exceedingly difficult to get a concealed carry permit in California so the gun clubs decided to open carry which is perfectly legal. It does require the police to stop and talk to those carrying because you cannot carry a loaded weapon. So the cops had to stop you and verify it was unloaded.

    Jan 1 2012 open carry was made illegal in California. Until it is challenged in district and then the supreme court.

    Still I never felt the need. Attracting undue attention to yourself is pointless and the many instances of open carry in public places probably did more to push for the ban in place now than anything.

    Beyond all of that, I am for more screening and keeping of information on gun owners. Closing of the loop hole that allows gun show and internet purchases to be free of background checks. I doubt I will ever open carry as i sit here now but there could come a time in the National Parks when I would open carry. Bears, wildcats and such don't really give a fuck if your carrying or not. I would prefer the Ranger be fully aware of what I am carrying before he approaches me.
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  11. #11
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    101,341
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Any of you gun people open carry?

    Quote Originally Posted by medic1 View Post
    My personal opinion is that people who openly carry feel that it makes them into something they are not , and before people get all uppity that is my opinion , which i believe i am entitled to .
    LOL

    Anyone who wears anything feels the same way, from sun glasses to foot gear.


    Actually, I confess: when I wear my Ruger, it makes me feel like something, all right --






    lopsided a bit to the left.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  12. #12
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    101,341
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Any of you gun people open carry?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolyo85 View Post
    Yeah, this sort of description - that implies the general population is in love with guns and people here are just a weird aberration - makes everyone think you're willfully blind.
    The only negative reaction I've ever gotten was from a gal who sneered no one needed a gun. She was corrected by her 12-y.o. son, who informed her that if someone attacked me out working on the trail, no cops could help me.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  13. #13
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    101,341
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Any of you gun people open carry?

    Quote Originally Posted by andysayshi View Post
    Jesus, the heaviest thing I carry when I run is an iPod Nano. And even that annoys me.
    Balance IS important, you know.

    I've carried when wearing just my skin, and found that a hip pack on the other side with a water bottle helps immensely.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  14. #14
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    101,341
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Any of you gun people open carry?

    Quote Originally Posted by Telstra View Post
    There are too many things to carry like wallet, phone and car/house keys and these things are quite bulky already. Carry guns around is just stupid because of bulkiness.

    I think they should go to the extreme and carry machine guns around everywhere.
    That would make them fit.
    I see people walking with a water bottle on a hip. A decent sidearm is no more bulky.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  15. #15
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    101,341
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Any of you gun people open carry?

    Quote Originally Posted by JayHawk View Post
    The only time I had the urge was when I lived in California. However, there it was a form of civil disobedience. It is exceedingly difficult to get a concealed carry permit in California so the gun clubs decided to open carry which is perfectly legal. It does require the police to stop and talk to those carrying because you cannot carry a loaded weapon. So the cops had to stop you and verify it was unloaded.

    Jan 1 2012 open carry was made illegal in California. Until it is challenged in district and then the supreme court.

    Still I never felt the need. Attracting undue attention to yourself is pointless and the many instances of open carry in public places probably did more to push for the ban in place now than anything.

    Beyond all of that, I am for more screening and keeping of information on gun owners. Closing of the loop hole that allows gun show and internet purchases to be free of background checks. I doubt I will ever open carry as i sit here now but there could come a time in the National Parks when I would open carry. Bears, wildcats and such don't really give a fuck if your carrying or not. I would prefer the Ranger be fully aware of what I am carrying before he approaches me.
    Some of us open carry as a form of protest -- to get a concealed carry license, a person must undergo treatment usually reserved for felons.

    Outdoors, yeah -- about the only time I have magnum rounds in my .357 is out in the sticks where wild carnivores may be encountered. Ironically, the only time I actually faced one down, I couldn't reach my sidearm because my hands were occupied with my hunting rifle, which I didn't want to have to use, because it would mean killing the cat. See, the magnum rounds aren't for doing lots of damage to the animal, they're for making a loud noise to frighten the beast.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  16. #16
    Are u haleloo ya ? Telstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    28,370

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Any of you gun people open carry?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    I see people walking with a water bottle on a hip. A decent sidearm is no more bulky.
    So how many % of people carrying guns when they go out shopping?


    NEVER LISTEN TO A ONE SIDED STORY AND JUDGE.

  17. #17
    Impish and Mercurial Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,679

    Code of Conduct
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post

    The only negative reaction I've ever gotten was from a gal who sneered no one needed a gun. She was corrected by her 12-y.o. son, who informed her that if someone attacked me out working on the trail, no cops could help me.
    I'm glad 12 year olds are of the same opinion as you...
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  18. #18
    JUB 10k Club
    CTF's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    El corazón de Tejas
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    20,054
    Blog Entries
    23

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Any of you gun people open carry?

    Quote Originally Posted by bendted View Post
    Amazingly, it is perfectly legal to flaunt a weapon here (Portland, Maine). Some dipwad was cruising the streets with the same type of gun used in the recent killings. The police got 65 complaints, but, incredibly, they could not, by law, even ask to see a permit -- not to mention detain him. Exercising 2nd Amendment "rights" in the finest of fashion.

    So who here open-carrys and what reactions do you get?

    http://www.wcsh6.com/news/article/22...d-neighborhood
    I "open carry" on my farm here in Texas.

    Any landowner who owns more than 10 acres of land isn't subjected to local mandates, or ordinances.

    But I'm not a pussy about it.

    Leather harnesses and "guns" are for porn.

    I freely walk openly with my 20 Gauge Shotgun, and shoot rattlesnakes at will.



    Why should that be disconcerting?

    The legal description of a "rattlesnake."
    Last edited by CTF; December 27th, 2012 at 04:22 PM.
    Never regret anything, because in that moment it's exactly what you wanted.

  19. #19
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    101,341
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Any of you gun people open carry?

    Quote Originally Posted by Telstra View Post
    So how many % of people carrying guns when they go out shopping?
    Depends where you are. Some communities, it's been estimated at one in ten; in others, one in a hundred.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  20. #20
    Reunited
    medic1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Edinburgh Scotland
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    5,978
    Blog Entries
    12

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Any of you gun people open carry?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    LOL

    Anyone who wears anything feels the same way, from sun glasses to foot gear.


    Actually, I confess: when I wear my Ruger, it makes me feel like something, all right --






    lopsided a bit to the left.
    Thanks so much for putting my points so eloquenty , if you can equate wearing sunglasses and footwear to carrying a gun then it seems pointless trying to reason with you .

    As for the quip about yep it does make me feel different "well methinks that shows your mindset* .

  21. #21
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    101,341
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Any of you gun people open carry?

    Quote Originally Posted by medic1 View Post
    Thanks so much for putting my points so eloquenty , if you can equate wearing sunglasses and footwear to carrying a gun then it seems pointless trying to reason with you .

    As for the quip about yep it does make me feel different "well methinks that shows your mindset* .
    <sigh>

    Not much for reasoning, are you.

    I showed that you have no point: anyone who puts on any accessory feels different because of it. People choose things because they make them feel different.

    And I do equate wearing footgear and sunglasses to wearing my gun, because they are all inanimate objects which do nothing but sit there until I need them.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  22. #22
    HA! ;-)
    Kyanimal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    16,836

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Any of you gun people open carry?

    Um, Kuli!

    Have you ever thought of trading your Ruger for a Sig?

    Lower profile, smoother/less draw "snags", more "hand compliant" silhouette, and available in various calibers?

    Personally, I like the 9mm Sig, even though that further limits the number of rounds in the mag.

    Not that I'm a "gun guy". Would never consider having one in my home! However, that doesn't mean I can't "play" with the awesome collection of the guns that my friends own!

    Keep smilin'!!
    Chaz
    WISDOM is the Knowledge you've gained ... After you could have used it! _Me

  23. #23
    Reunited
    medic1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Edinburgh Scotland
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    5,978
    Blog Entries
    12

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Any of you gun people open carry?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    <sigh>

    Not much for reasoning, are you.

    I showed that you have no point: anyone who puts on any accessory feels different because of it. People choose things because they make them feel different.

    And I do equate wearing footgear and sunglasses to wearing my gun, because they are all inanimate objects which do nothing but sit there until I need them.
    Finally showing your true colours eh , as for showing that i have no point , crap , if you can say that wearing shoes or sunglasses
    to carrying a firearm are the same , *nuff said* . Happy shooting................

  24. #24
    Reunited
    medic1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Edinburgh Scotland
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    5,978
    Blog Entries
    12

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Any of you gun people open carry?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    Balance IS important, you know.

    I've carried when wearing just my skin, and found that a hip pack on the other side with a water bottle helps immensely.
    Why are you walking around wearing nothing but a sidearm and maybe a water bottle ?...............

  25. #25
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    101,341
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Any of you gun people open carry?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanimal View Post
    Um, Kuli!

    Have you ever thought of trading your Ruger for a Sig?

    Lower profile, smoother/less draw "snags", more "hand compliant" silhouette, and available in various calibers?

    Personally, I like the 9mm Sig, even though that further limits the number of rounds in the mag.

    Not that I'm a "gun guy". Would never consider having one in my home! However, that doesn't mean I can't "play" with the awesome collection of the guns that my friends own!

    Keep smilin'!!
    Chaz
    I kind of like the 1911, and if I got one I'd probably go with a Sig. But of the revolvers I've tried, I like the Ruger SP101.

    Though if I wanted a semi-auto, I'd really like a 10mm . . . if anyone makes one.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  26. #26
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    101,341
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Any of you gun people open carry?

    Quote Originally Posted by medic1 View Post
    Why are you walking around wearing nothing but a sidearm and maybe a water bottle ?...............
    Going to hot springs out in the wilderness...

    after first starting down the path and finding large cougar (mountain lion) tracks.

    That I had the sidearm made other people feel safe enough I had good company despite the cat tracks. I got asked if I'd actually shoot it, and I said only if the cat was stupid enough to keep coming after a warning shot threw dirt in its face.

    The only problem was where to hang the holster while soaking. Fortunately, the weird mineral formation shapes gave me a couple of options.

    Weirdest part was when hoofing it back to the truck briefly for additional ice water, and this late-teens chick comes around a corner, looks me over, looks at the Ruger, says "omigod that's HAWT!" to her friend, and her friend asked something about "which weapon?"

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  27. #27
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    9,893

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Any of you gun people open carry?

    Quote Originally Posted by centexfarmer View Post
    I "open carry" on my farm here in Texas.

    Any landowner who owns more than 10 acres of land isn't subjected to local mandates, or ordinances.

    But I'm not a pussy about it.

    Leather harnesses and "guns" are for porn.

    I freely walk openly with my 20 Gauge Shotgun, and shoot rattlesnakes at will.



    Why should that be disconcerting?

    The legal description of a "rattlesnake."
    Let's be honest if you live on a farm and deal with wildlife that's a completely different thing than going into a movie theater or a mall with a gun on you.

    The second makes people incredibly nervous and for extremely good reason. Anyone who lives in a big city would get that.

  28. #28

    Re: Any of you gun people open carry?

    Part of the problem is that too often liberals think in absolutes. Any compromise is subject to their mental reservation to keep working toward the absolute. Regulation of business can never be enough. Taxes can never be high enough.
    Conservatives have learned that a compromise with liberals is just a step onto the slippery slope.
    So, on gun control, conservatives suspect that compromise for liberals is only a step toward the absolute elimination of guns in private hands.
    Recognition of that distrust suggests a way to compromise: by enbodying the compromise into a Constitutional amendment eliminating assault and perhaps other automatic weapons in private hands while guaranteeing some continued right to own firearms.

  29. #29
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    9,893

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Any of you gun people open carry?

    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    Part of the problem is that too often liberals think in absolutes. Any compromise is subject to their mental reservation to keep working toward the absolute.
    Liberals do this? You mean like how we've gutted our own proposed bills endlessly to try to compromise and avoid Republican filibusters with almost no finger lifted the other way around?

  30. #30
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,226

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Any of you gun people open carry?

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    Let's be honest if you live on a farm and deal with wildlife that's a completely different thing than going into a movie theater or a mall with a gun on you.

    The second makes people incredibly nervous and for extremely good reason. Anyone who lives in a big city would get that.
    Reasonable statement however have you ever been to Maine? That would make you in total agreement that this guy carrying was okie dokie.
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  31. #31
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    9,893

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Any of you gun people open carry?

    Quote Originally Posted by JayHawk View Post
    Reasonable statement however have you ever been to Maine? That would make you in total agreement that this guy carrying was okie dokie.
    If I lived in Maine though I wouldn't tell people in Detroit or Los Angeles that they were stupid and emotional for not wanting people carrying around weapons in crowded urban areas.

    There's been a lot of that going around in these threads.

    If you live in a big city and someone comes into a public space with a firearm... no, we can't assume they're just a decent nice guy who deals with rattlesnakes. Nor would that reaction be a very good survival strategy.

  32. #32
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,226

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Any of you gun people open carry?

    Oh... well oddly I have yet to read that on here although I am positive that sort of attitude exist elsewhere. of course I don't read every posters's post through to the end unless I intend to respond to that person... I have already given the only reason I would open carry... although different circumstance could be applied typically it would be when I desire people to know I am carrying.

    Mostly I would carry concealed if i chose to carry at all. For that I have a MP 40 and a shoulder holster. Mostly I simply carry a knife. It is amazingly innocuous and extremely effective in the correct hand.
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  33. #33
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    101,341
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Any of you gun people open carry?

    Quote Originally Posted by JayHawk View Post
    Mostly I would carry concealed if i chose to carry at all. For that I have a MP 40 and a shoulder holster. Mostly I simply carry a knife. It is amazingly innocuous and extremely effective in the correct hand.
    And extremely more difficult to master for defense than a handgun.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  34. #34

    Re: Any of you gun people open carry?

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    Liberals do this? You mean like how we've gutted our own proposed bills endlessly to try to compromise and avoid Republican filibusters with almost no finger lifted the other way around?
    You didn't read what I said. A compromise with the liberals is an illusion. Just a step on the slippery slope, because they will immediately come back for more. A solution would be embody a gun control compromise in a Constitutional Amendment limiting some but retaining some guaranteed rights.

  35. #35
    Active bendted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,123

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Any of you gun people open carry?

    Quote Originally Posted by JayHawk View Post
    Reasonable statement however have you ever been to Maine? That would make you in total agreement that this guy carrying was okie dokie.
    In East Bum Fuck, yes, but this display happened in our largest city. He was making a statement, not blending in.

  36. #36

    Re: Any of you gun people open carry?

    Quote Originally Posted by centexfarmer View Post
    I "open carry" on my farm here in Texas.

    Any landowner who owns more than 10 acres of land isn't subjected to local mandates, or ordinances.

    But I'm not a pussy about it.

    Leather harnesses and "guns" are for porn.

    I freely walk openly with my 20 Gauge Shotgun, and shoot rattlesnakes at will.



    Why should that be disconcerting?

    The legal description of a "rattlesnake."
    Do you grill or smoke the rattlesnake?


  37. #37
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    9,893

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Any of you gun people open carry?

    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    You didn't read what I said. A compromise with the liberals is an illusion. Just a step on the slippery slope, because they will immediately come back for more. A solution would be embody a gun control compromise in a Constitutional Amendment limiting some but retaining some guaranteed rights.
    This is clearly how conservatives operate on many topics, and the gun debate is one of them. You guys slippery slope really hard that any compromise on x turns into (insert ultimate extreme that is massively undesirable to conservatives.)

    However defaulting to assuming that's what's "really up any liberal's sleeve" just turns you into rigid, unreasonable fundamentalists who oppose things not because they're not sensible or because they're unreasonable, but because of what you're afraid liberals might try to do next.

    That's an illogical and counterproductive position from which to govern or participate in government.

  38. #38
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    101,341
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Any of you gun people open carry?

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    This is clearly how conservatives operate on many topics, and the gun debate is one of them. You guys slippery slope really hard that any compromise on x turns into (insert ultimate extreme that is massively undesirable to conservatives.)

    However defaulting to assuming that's what's "really up any liberal's sleeve" just turns you into rigid, unreasonable fundamentalists who oppose things not because they're not sensible or because they're unreasonable, but because of what you're afraid liberals might try to do next.

    That's an illogical and counterproductive position from which to govern or participate in government.
    Except that's exactly what the leading "gun control" proponents in the country say they mean to do -- step by step, take away all guns. And when you see Schumer and Feinstein and others palling around with those people, it's a reasonable conclusion that they stand in the same position.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  39. #39
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    9,893

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Any of you gun people open carry?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    Except that's exactly what the leading "gun control" proponents in the country say they mean to do -- step by step, take away all guns. And when you see Schumer and Feinstein and others palling around with those people, it's a reasonable conclusion that they stand in the same position.
    My cast-iron proof that your theory is wrong is that I am NOT one of those people-- prior to the Newtown shooting the gun debate came up BEFORE and you and Jayhawk both sparred with me for an extended period before realizing that I was NOT advocating blanket gun confiscation but sensible restrictions/regulation, at which point at least Jayhawk backed off.

    Yet because I support mental health checks and restrictions on large capacity ammo clips and automatic weapons you have lumped me lock stock and barrel into an evil, irrational, emotion-driven enemy who is hellbent on taking every last gun out of every last dead hand. And that's how you've reacted to me in every discussion, and it's presumably how you react to everyone who has any less lax view about guns in this country than you do from everything I've seen.

    So no-- reacting to all discussion of gun regulation as opposing the Pandora's Box slippery slope of "thier ULTIMATE EVIL MASTER PLAN is to take every gun" is not reasonable, it's not even accurate. Loki posted a chart a couple weeks ago showing HOW FEW PEOPLE support total gun ban and I quote-responded it and said "can we now put to rest the notion that any discussion of sensible regulation = blanket gun confiscation" and of course, we can't. Because you and every gun zealot engages in that exact slippery slope reasoning process to oppose anything and everything, assuming you have an accurate grasp on what everyone else thinks when you don't.

  40. #40
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    101,341
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Any of you gun people open carry?

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    My cast-iron proof that your theory is wrong is that I am NOT one of those people-- prior to the Newtown shooting the gun debate came up BEFORE and you and Jayhawk both sparred with me for an extended period before realizing that I was NOT advocating blanket gun confiscation but sensible restrictions/regulation, at which point at least Jayhawk backed off.

    Yet because I support mental health checks and restrictions on large capacity ammo clips and automatic weapons you have lumped me lock stock and barrel into an evil, irrational, emotion-driven enemy who is hellbent on taking every last gun out of every last dead hand. And that's how you've reacted to me in every discussion, and it's presumably how you react to everyone who has any less lax view about guns in this country than you do from everything I've seen.

    So no-- reacting to all discussion of gun regulation as opposing the Pandora's Box slippery slope of "thier ULTIMATE EVIL MASTER PLAN is to take every gun" is not reasonable, it's not even accurate. Loki posted a chart a couple weeks ago showing HOW FEW PEOPLE support total gun ban and I quote-responded it and said "can we now put to rest the notion that any discussion of sensible regulation = blanket gun confiscation" and of course, we can't. Because you and every gun zealot engages in that exact slippery slope reasoning process to oppose anything and everything, assuming you have an accurate grasp on what everyone else thinks when you don't.
    Wait -- how does your position prove anything about Feinstein, Schumer, or any other loudmouth proponents? That's what I addressed.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  41. #41
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    9,893

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Any of you gun people open carry?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    Wait -- how does your position prove anything about Feinstein, Schumer, or any other loudmouth proponents? That's what I addressed.
    Except that's exactly what the leading "gun control" proponents in the country say they mean to do -- step by step, take away all guns.
    I'm a gun control proponent.

    So basically you're responding to 100% of people who feel gun regulation needs to be reexamined because of these shootings and basing the entire response around 3 people you feel "lead" the movement, when they don't represent any plurality of the viewpoint.

    Hence "irrational slippery slope."

  42. #42

    Re: Any of you gun people open carry?

    The slippery slope argument is not irrational because it is based on experience. Compromising with Dems is like paying a blackmailer. It does not settle anything. He just comes back for more. It is irrational to keep paying. It is also why the tax issue is so hard. Any tax raise today is just a step for the Dems. Two years fron now they will be right back demanding more. That is exactly what Clinton did. And every environmental compromise is just a step to be followed by, another, then another.

  43. #43
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    9,893

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Any of you gun people open carry?

    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    The slippery slope argument is not irrational because it is based on experience. Compromising with Dems is like paying a blackmailer. It does not settle anything. He just comes back for more. It is irrational to keep paying. It is also why the tax issue is so hard. Any tax raise today is just a step for the Dems. Two years fron now they will be right back demanding more. That is exactly what Clinton did. And every environmental compromise is just a step to be followed by, another, then another.
    I do not and will continue to not take this idea remotely seriously given the actions of the GOP since Obama took office. Nor should anyone paying the least bit of attention.

  44. #44

    Re: Any of you gun people open carry?

    I did however, have a constructive suggestion. Agree upon a compromise to be embodied in a Constitutional amendment, so it willl be binding and meaningful..

  45. #45
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,226

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Any of you gun people open carry?

    Quote Originally Posted by bendted View Post
    In East Bum Fuck, yes, but this display happened in our largest city. He was making a statement, not blending in.
    Oh I agree it was making a statement and quite ill advised. However if the argument was going to float around rural or gi-normous city for open carry then that really doesn't apply to even the largest city in Maine. He got the public notice he desired.
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  46. #46
    JUB Addict
    andysayshi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    4,288

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Any of you gun people open carry?

    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    I did however, have a constructive suggestion. Agree upon a compromise to be embodied in a Constitutional amendment, so it willl be binding and meaningful..
    Despite the fact that the majority of Americans favour tighter gun restrictions, better gun law enforcement, better screening processes and restriction of ammunition clip sizes, the NRA and the politicians the NRA own will fight any amendment of law or the constitution tooth and nail. It will not happen.
    Last edited by andysayshi; December 30th, 2012 at 06:38 PM.

  47. #47
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,226

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Any of you gun people open carry?

    Yeah there is no gut on the right or the left for an amendment and then even if it had a chance in hell passing out of our congress currently a majority of states are ENTIRELY controlled by republicans so it would never be ratified.
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  48. #48
    JUB Addict maxpowr9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    8,839
    Blog Entries
    3

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Any of you gun people open carry?

    MA has a concealed weapon which I plan on obtaining as a little birthday gift to myself in April.

  49. #49
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    101,341
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Any of you gun people open carry?

    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    The slippery slope argument is not irrational because it is based on experience. Compromising with Dems is like paying a blackmailer. It does not settle anything. He just comes back for more. It is irrational to keep paying. It is also why the tax issue is so hard. Any tax raise today is just a step for the Dems. Two years fron now they will be right back demanding more. That is exactly what Clinton did. And every environmental compromise is just a step to be followed by, another, then another.
    Now you've changed your tune -- and you're wrong. Ever hear of a group called the "Blue Steel Democrats"? Their position on this is pretty darned close to mine. So far they've been applauding the Supreme Court for getting it right with Heller, etc.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  50. #50
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    101,341
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Any of you gun people open carry?

    Quote Originally Posted by andysayshi View Post
    Despite the fact that the majority of Americans favour tighter gun restrictions, better gun law enforcement, better screening processes and restriction of ammunition clip sizes, the NRA and the politicians the NRA own will fight any amendment of law or the constitution tooth and nail. It will not happen.
    At the moment the NRA has a higher approval rating than Obama.

    Not sure what that signifies -- maybe people approve of actually taking a stand?

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.