Free Gay Sex Photos, Movies, Reviews and Forums at JustUsBoys

Is there a tool to check downloaded video files if they play correct

From time to time some downloaded video files (mp4 or wmv format) have dowload errors.
    I usually use wmp player. This means that wmp player stops playing the mp4 files and the
    wmv video becomes blurry for a few seconds where the errors are in the dowloaded file.
    VLC media player continues playing the mp4 files but with a blurry picture for a few seconds too. Fact is that the downloaded files have errors. I download these files again or even more times and then with some luck they play fine.

Is there a tool which can check quickly that the files are ok. I know that there is no tool
    which can check the integrity of mp4 files.

Orientation
    Gay
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Re: Is there a tool to check downloaded video files if they play correct

You can check against the checksum of a file. Most p2p clients do that for you anyway. But if you just download them from a website, this is a bit problematic since most websites do not publish crc or md5 hashes for videos - if at all for executables.

There are tools like asfbin or virtualdub that can detect corrupt video files. But I do not know if any of them have something like a command line feature to automatically detect them.
    Check out my very own Body Hair Lovers and Photography Groups!

Orientation
    Gay

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Re: Is there a tool to check downloaded video files if they play correct

VLC Player has a built-in function to fix faulty video files for the time you're watching them, it should pop up directly if you start such a video.

GSpot shows if a video is playable or not, but doesn't fix it. DivFix++ should be able to permanently fix video errors. Not sure if they support the MP4 format.