JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

remove these banner ads by becoming a JUB Supporter.

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 103
  1. #1
    ecce homo rareboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    32,965

    Code of Conduct

    Joe Scarborough reverses his stance on gun control

    So you know we love our Morning Joe up here in the frigid 'north' Canuckistan.

    And today, he took me so by surprise that I've been pondering this throughout the day....

    As he explains in an impassioned 10-minute monologue, he used to view the gun debate as a question of individual rights versus government control; post-Newtown, he considers it a matter of public safety.
    Perhaps he can help create the balanced environment for talking about solutions that do not infringe on the enshrined rights, but recognize the disconnect between a 1789 technological realities and those of today.

    http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/12/17/jo...h-gun-control/

    He left me going 'wow'. The guy gets it.

  2. #2
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,238

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Joe Scarborough reverses his stance on gun control

    I was rather impressed myself. He will be ruthlessly excoriated by the rabid right.
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  3. #3
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    102,737
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Joe Scarborough reverses his stance on gun control

    Marvelously without content except stirring emotional images. People will take it as an endorsement of authoritarianism and believe he wants all the rigorous limitations statists drool over.

    The way forward is not to try to cripple the Second Amendment, but to use it.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  4. #4
    Are u haleloo ya ? Telstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    28,760

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Joe Scarborough reverses his stance on gun control

    .
    I've watched the video.
    Better than Obama's speech in Newtown.


    NEVER LISTEN TO A ONE SIDED STORY AND JUDGE.

  5. #5
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    102,737
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Joe Scarborough reverses his stance on gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by Telstra View Post
    .
    I've watched the video.
    Better than Obama's speech in Newtown.
    That's something I didn't listen to because I knew it was going to be full of platitudes and short on reason.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  6. #6
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,238

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Joe Scarborough reverses his stance on gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    That's something I didn't listen to because I knew it was going to be full of platitudes and short on reason.
    He is speaking the truth you ought to listen.
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  7. #7
    Banned chance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    21,386

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Joe Scarborough reverses his stance on gun control

    Heard about it

    Have not seen it yet

    Good for him

    It is my opinion that much like gay marriage

    That change is coming or rather it is here

    Guns are too dangerous to not be heavily scrutinized

    This is NoT like freedom of speech as the consequences are deadly

  8. #8
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    102,737
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Joe Scarborough reverses his stance on gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by JayHawk View Post
    He is speaking the truth you ought to listen.
    Okay.


    I like that he opened with a Bible quote, but he trailed off into too many platitudes.

    I'll give him credit for giving a decent sermon to hurting people.

    But it doesn't help to exaggerate and say that there's a mass shooting "almost every day".

    I hope that part of his "if there's anything we can do" includes arming the teachers.

    I do wonder if he was deliberately referencing Crosby, Stills, & Nash with the comment about teaching our children well.

    Many Democrats probably aren't happy with him ending with a prayer. Many Republicans still won't believe he's a Christian.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  9. #9
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,238

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Joe Scarborough reverses his stance on gun control

    Joe Mansion the Senator from Kentucky .... also a NRA supported candidate is happily going to look at the Feinstein bill and thinks it is time for action. This terroristic act is going to change the nation like the way Oklahoma City changed the nation. Children is just too much for most.

    As far as mass shootings... what do you consider mass? two three? Five? I can show you three people shot every day of the year in the united states.
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  10. #10
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    102,737
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Joe Scarborough reverses his stance on gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by JayHawk View Post
    Joe Mansion the Senator from Kentucky .... also a NRA supported candidate is happily going to look at the Feinstein bill and thinks it is time for action. This terroristic act is going to change the nation like the way Oklahoma City changed the nation. Children is just too much for most.

    As far as mass shootings... what do you consider mass? two three? Five? I can show you three people shot every day of the year in the united states.
    The Feinstein bill is feel-good action to address symptoms, not problems. She bloody well knows it won't do a thing except titillate the usual gun-haters.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  11. #11
    Banned chance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    21,386

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Joe Scarborough reverses his stance on gun control

    ^ it's Manchin and it's West Virginia - other than that you're spot on

    saw Joe's 10 minute bit tonight - he's spot on as well

    he said that he had the highest rating from the NRA when he was in congress

    so ............

  12. #12
    Reality goggles required Spiff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,632

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Joe Scarborough reverses his stance on gun control

    I wonder how many children's murders are required to change the minds of more hardcore conservatives. Surely they must have a price; albeit substantially higher than Joe's

  13. #13
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    102,737
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Joe Scarborough reverses his stance on gun control

    . . . so we may hope that he's going to be rational and not go flying off with Feinstein fantasies. What we need to address are the very specific things in common to all or most of the last two years' shootings: mental health support, and reporting dangerous people to the NICS.

    Both of those should be no-brainers.

    The Tea Partites will oppose both.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  14. #14

    Re: Joe Scarborough reverses his stance on gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by rareboy View Post
    So you know we love our Morning Joe up here in the frigid 'north' Canuckistan.

    And today, he took me so by surprise that I've been pondering this throughout the day....



    Perhaps he can help create the balanced environment for talking about solutions that do not infringe on the enshrined rights, but recognize the disconnect between a 1789 technological realities and those of today.

    http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/12/17/jo...h-gun-control/

    He left me going 'wow'. The guy gets it.
    So it had to hit "close to home" for him to take notice.

    Whatever.

  15. #15
    JUB Addict chrisrobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,161

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Joe Scarborough reverses his stance on gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiff View Post
    I wonder how many children's murders are required to change the minds of more hardcore conservatives. Surely they must have a price; albeit substantially higher than Joe's
    I wonder how many children's murders are required to change the minds of more hardcore conservatives?
    When one of the murdered belongs to "a more hardcore conservative." God forbid!

    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

  16. #16
    Banned chance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    21,386

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Joe Scarborough reverses his stance on gun control

    The last 3 posts are part of the problem

    Clearly not part of any solution

    You want what you want on your terms only

    Life doesn't work that way

  17. #17
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,238

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Joe Scarborough reverses his stance on gun control

    Demands work that way though Chance and if you don't ask you don't receive.
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  18. #18
    Banned chance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    21,386

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Joe Scarborough reverses his stance on gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by JayHawk View Post
    Demands work that way though Chance and if you don't ask you don't receive.
    Asking is great
    Facts are great
    Demagoguery is not
    Demonization is not

    I was referring to 3 posts that are fuck you scorched earth chubby nonsense

    Vs. Schumer - manchin - Scarborough - Harry Reid etc.

    The NRA is on its heels

  19. #19
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    102,737
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Joe Scarborough reverses his stance on gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by chance1 View Post
    The last 3 posts are part of the problem

    Clearly not part of any solution

    You want what you want on your terms only

    Life doesn't work that way
    LOL

    Chance, you're doing exactly what you're dissing here -- wanting it all your way.

    Try reading; you'll see that there were constructive suggestions made.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  20. #20
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    102,737
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Joe Scarborough reverses his stance on gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by chance1 View Post
    Asking is great
    Facts are great
    Demagoguery is not
    Demonization is not

    I was referring to 3 posts that are fuck you scorched earth chubby nonsense

    Vs. Schumer - manchin - Scarborough - Harry Reid etc.

    The NRA is on its heels
    If Schumer, Feinstein, et al come out with their direct attacks on the Second Amendment again, touting proposals already tested and found useless, the NRA will gain half a million members in half a year.

    BTW, how is making constructive suggestions "scorched earth chubby nonsense"?

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  21. #21
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,238

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Joe Scarborough reverses his stance on gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by chance1 View Post

    .

    The NRA is on its heels
    The NRA was already on it's heals ... they spent about 100k in each of six races they provided support for in this last election... all their candidates lost.
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  22. #22
    FEAR THE LIBERAL DETENTE! TX-Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Austin
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    8,338

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Joe Scarborough reverses his stance on gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    . . . so we may hope that he's going to be rational and not go flying off with Feinstein fantasies. What we need to address are the very specific things in common to all or most of the last two years' shootings: mental health support, and reporting dangerous people to the NICS.

    Both of those should be no-brainers.

    The Tea Partites will oppose both.
    Kuli you call Feinstein's opinions crazy but this is truly ridiculous - don't regulate how easy it is for someone to get an assault rifle - regulate CRAZY PEOPLE!!!!!

    On the contrary, the tea party will be right on board with this - they think the rest of us are all crazy and will no doubt be reporting all of us to your new Gov gestapo in order to have our rights to firearms removed. Scratch that, we will all be reporting each other because I really don't think some suburban commando who's penis is in his holster is sane enough to have the fifty kabillion weapons he keeps in his den.

    And there is the real thing all you gun advocates like to ignore. Most gun owners DON'T buy guns because they feel threatened - that's just the fig leaf - they buy them to feel like Rambo. (I'll excuse actual hunters, who have a lot of crossovers anyway with the aforementioned) and there are not a few of them who would gleefully welcome and excuse to "defend their homes."

    Don't bother trying to say otherwise - I got a .22 put in my hand at 8, it and my three shotguns hung on the wall in my bedroom from then until I graduated from college and moved to the big city - I know gun owners, I grew up with them, and the fact is that there are far far far far more casual and careless gun owners than there are careful and knowledgeable ones.

    Yeah well the beer swilling slob who's drunk in his deer blind is a crazy person - I insist he be reported, he's not capable of even handling a 12 gauge, let alone an assault rifle - but i bet you he's got something similar, or has dreams of one.

    The problem is not the crazy - the problem is the ease with which the crazy can get efficient weaponry.

    There is nothing wrong with regulating firearms - in fact we ALREADY DO.
    ATTACK OF THE LIBERAL ELITE

  23. #23
    Banned chance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    21,386

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Joe Scarborough reverses his stance on gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by JayHawk View Post
    The NRA was already on it's heals ... they spent about 100k in each of six races they provided support for in this last election... all their candidates lost.
    Not sure what your point is

    My point is simply that reasonable dialogue creates reasoned outcomes

    Or more likely anyway

  24. #24
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,238

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Joe Scarborough reverses his stance on gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by chance1 View Post
    Not sure what your point is

    My point is simply that reasonable dialogue creates reasoned outcomes

    Or more likely anyway
    You make multiple points in a bulleted fashion in every post. if I have supplemental information or a disagreement then i say so.

    Last post indicated NRA on heals... I even ONLY quoted that portion to remove any confusion. My supplemental information merely added the fact that the NRA was negligible and ineffective in the last race and so therefore were already on their heals. What could you possibly not comprehend?
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  25. #25
    Banned chance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    21,386

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Joe Scarborough reverses his stance on gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by JayHawk View Post
    You make multiple points in a bulleted fashion in every post. if I have supplemental information or a disagreement then i say so.

    Last post indicated NRA on heals... I even ONLY quoted that portion to remove any confusion. My supplemental information merely added the fact that the NRA was negligible and ineffective in the last race and so therefore were already on their heals. What could you possibly not comprehend?
    Who cares sweetie if they were already on their heels

    Are we keeping score ?

    You're know it all thing is annoying

    Can't u temper it a wee bit ?

  26. #26
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,238

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Joe Scarborough reverses his stance on gun control

    As soon as you do sweetie. If you don't think you understand issues and have a position then why do you post here? That is all I do and yet you get offended when you cant read or comprehend what is written.

    The reason it matters is because what you stated was incorrect in that this issue has not placed them on their heels. This knocked them to the mat. You sure do get offended easy. must be a bitch living in NYC.
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  27. #27
    FEAR THE LIBERAL DETENTE! TX-Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Austin
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    8,338

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Joe Scarborough reverses his stance on gun control

    As soon as people start calling each other "sweetie," the purse fight is official.

    Demerits to Chance for swinging his Prada knockoff first.
    ATTACK OF THE LIBERAL ELITE

  28. #28
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,238

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Joe Scarborough reverses his stance on gun control





    I only swing the best purses... no prada knockoff for me...

    I am more Dooney and Burke in a sensible brown...

    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  29. #29
    Banned chance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    21,386

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Joe Scarborough reverses his stance on gun control

    ^ u win

    Ur really smart

    I'm really dumb

  30. #30
    Banned chance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    21,386

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Joe Scarborough reverses his stance on gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by JayHawk View Post
    As soon as you do sweetie. If you don't think you understand issues and have a position then why do you post here? That is all I do and yet you get offended when you cant read or comprehend what is written.

    The reason it matters is because what you stated was incorrect in that this issue has not placed them on their heels. This knocked them to the mat. You sure do get offended easy. must be a bitch living in NYC.
    No

    I said they're on their heels

    Not this put them there

    Reading is fundamental

  31. #31
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,238

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Joe Scarborough reverses his stance on gun control

    net gain zero. Thanks for playing.
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  32. #32
    FEAR THE LIBERAL DETENTE! TX-Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Austin
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    8,338

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Joe Scarborough reverses his stance on gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by JayHawk View Post




    I only swing the best purses... no prada knockoff for me...

    I am more Dooney and Burke in a sensible brown...

    Well points for heft - you could do some serious damage with that, points off for style!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by JayHawk View Post
    net gain zero. Thanks for playing.
    And isn't that the story of political chat boards.
    ATTACK OF THE LIBERAL ELITE

  33. #33
    JUB Addict T-Rexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    4,722

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Joe Scarborough reverses his stance on gun control

    I have never seen this guy, Scarborough. I only know of his existence through this forum.

    I assume he is some kind of conservative commentator, since chance seems enamored of his opinions.

    I feel the same way about him as I do about Westboro Baptist Church. Why does his opinion matter? It is well if he is an American who has come to the enlightenment that we need to do something about guns in America. But, why does his opinion matter more than anyone else's? If he hasn't realized this fact before now, he strikes me as kinda stupid.

    So, why do people listen to people who are generally unenlightened, and then celebrate when they finally come round to what the rest of us have known all along?

  34. #34
    ecce homo rareboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    32,965

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Joe Scarborough reverses his stance on gun control

    His opinion does matter. Scarborough is not some irrational, ranting right wing dingbat. He was in Congress and now hosts one of the smartest programs on television on MSNBC.

    So his opinion may carry a lot of weight with viewers and even in government.

    I recommend watching him.

  35. #35
    Are u haleloo ya ? Telstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    28,760

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Joe Scarborough reverses his stance on gun control

    Chuck Norris On Gun Control LOL
    I didn't know he is for gun freedom ...



    NEVER LISTEN TO A ONE SIDED STORY AND JUDGE.

  36. #36
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,238

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Joe Scarborough reverses his stance on gun control

    Chuck is a dyed in the wool conservative nutbag
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  37. #37
    JUB Addict
    andysayshi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    4,292

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Joe Scarborough reverses his stance on gun control

    Yup. Chuck Norris is genuinely nuts.

  38. #38
    Are u haleloo ya ? Telstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    28,760

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Joe Scarborough reverses his stance on gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by andysayshi View Post
    Yup. Chuck Norris is genuinely nuts.
    But he did fight scenes with Bruce Lee in Hong Kong LOL


    NEVER LISTEN TO A ONE SIDED STORY AND JUDGE.

  39. #39
    ecce homo rareboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    32,965

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Joe Scarborough reverses his stance on gun control

    I think that Chuck Norris inhaled too much and too often and actually started to believe in the fantasy world he inhabits.

    The only others out there that I can honestly say make Norris look like a baby la la when it comes to these issues are Ted Nugent and Hank Williams Jr.

  40. #40
    JUB Addict
    andysayshi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    4,292

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Joe Scarborough reverses his stance on gun control

    This is loosely related to the thread's discussion of media and guns.

    After the Newtown massacre made news, media magnate and Fox News owner Rupert Murdoch tweeted the following:

    Terrible news today. When will politicians find courage to ban automatic weapons? As in Oz after similar tragedy
    An Australian conservative politician, Malcolm Turnbull, who is a personal friend of Murdoch's, re-tweeted the message, and then his own reply:

    @rupertmurdoch I suspect they will find the courage when Fox News enthusiastically campaigns for it
    Turnbull makes a great point. Fox News is in a powerful position to encourage change in the US. Their demographic directly correlates with gun ownership. A pipe dream, perhaps, but it would be wonderful to see some genuine balance and honesty about guns on Fox.

    http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/politi...217-2bii3.html

  41. #41
    Banned chance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    21,386

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Joe Scarborough reverses his stance on gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by JayHawk View Post
    net gain zero. Thanks for playing.
    I can only imagine the pain you're in

  42. #42
    Banned chance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    21,386

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Joe Scarborough reverses his stance on gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by rareboy View Post
    His opinion does matter. Scarborough is not some irrational, ranting right wing dingbat. He was in Congress and now hosts one of the smartest programs on television on MSNBC.

    So his opinion may carry a lot of weight with viewers and even in government.

    I recommend watching him.
    If you were a gentleman you'd left this for me to post

    Joe is a mensch

  43. #43
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    102,737
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Joe Scarborough reverses his stance on gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by TX-Beau View Post
    Kuli you call Feinstein's opinions crazy but this is truly ridiculous - don't regulate how easy it is for someone to get an assault rifle - regulate CRAZY PEOPLE!!!!!
    Regulating fantasies is pointless, as Clinton's ban proved. Feinstein is a loon because she thinks aesthetics matter in this debate -- because that's all the "assault weapon" things is: cosmetics.

    And the ability to get an assault rifle is already extremely tightly regulated: there are a set number of federal licenses for them, so the only way to get one is to convince someone with one of those licenses to sell his to you (lately they've been running over $100k a pop).

    Quote Originally Posted by TX-Beau View Post
    On the contrary, the tea party will be right on board with this - they think the rest of us are all crazy and will no doubt be reporting all of us to your new Gov gestapo in order to have our rights to firearms removed. Scratch that, we will all be reporting each other because I really don't think some suburban commando who's penis is in his holster is sane enough to have the fifty kabillion weapons he keeps in his den.
    You really think the Tea Party will be on board with changing the NICS system so people like the Arizona shooter will get blocked from getting firearms? with setting up a mental health infrastructure to help people before they get that bad? They don't trust government anyway; why do you think they'll be thrilled at trusting colleges and such with identifying students who are dangerous?

    Quote Originally Posted by TX-Beau View Post
    And there is the real thing all you gun advocates like to ignore. Most gun owners DON'T buy guns because they feel threatened - that's just the fig leaf - they buy them to feel like Rambo. (I'll excuse actual hunters, who have a lot of crossovers anyway with the aforementioned) and there are not a few of them who would gleefully welcome and excuse to "defend their homes."
    Get a new crystal ball -- very few gun owners want "to feel like Rambo". If that were the case, with a hundred million gun owners in the country then you should be praising the way things work because there are so few outbreaks of violence.

    Quote Originally Posted by TX-Beau View Post
    Don't bother trying to say otherwise - I got a .22 put in my hand at 8, it and my three shotguns hung on the wall in my bedroom from then until I graduated from college and moved to the big city - I know gun owners, I grew up with them, and the fact is that there are far far far far more casual and careless gun owners than there are careful and knowledgeable ones.

    Yeah well the beer swilling slob who's drunk in his deer blind is a crazy person - I insist he be reported, he's not capable of even handling a 12 gauge, let alone an assault rifle - but i bet you he's got something similar, or has dreams of one.

    The problem is not the crazy - the problem is the ease with which the crazy can get efficient weaponry.

    There is nothing wrong with regulating firearms - in fact we ALREADY DO.
    Every gun owner I've ever shot with has been careful and responsible. There's a fringe redneck element that aren't, who certainly aren't the majority.

    Yes, people drinking and having a loaded gun should be reported -- it should count the same as drinking and driving. The rule with people I've shot with has always been that when the first beer has been consumed, everything is put away. Training for such people would make a good part of a new Militia Act.

    What's wrong with regulating firearms is that the emphasis is far more on penalizing the law-abiding than on actually keeping the wrong people from getting guns. That's evident just from the way the NICS works: gun dealers faced with someone just shown to be a felon by an instant check has no authority to take that person into custody; he gets to walk even though he just committed a crime. It's plain from that that the people making the rules aren't really interested in catching bad guys, they're interested in laws that sound good and accomplish little.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  44. #44
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    102,737
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Joe Scarborough reverses his stance on gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by rareboy View Post
    I think that Chuck Norris inhaled too much and too often and actually started to believe in the fantasy world he inhabits.

    The only others out there that I can honestly say make Norris look like a baby la la when it comes to these issues are Ted Nugent and Hank Williams Jr.
    LOL

    Nugent's never been moderate in or on anything.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  45. #45
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,238

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Joe Scarborough reverses his stance on gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by chance1 View Post
    I can only imagine the pain you're in
    i know right!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    What's wrong with regulating firearms is that the emphasis is far more on penalizing the law-abiding than on actually keeping the wrong people from getting guns. That's evident just from the way the NICS works: gun dealers faced with someone just shown to be a felon by an instant check has no authority to take that person into custody; he gets to walk even though he just committed a crime. It's plain from that that the people making the rules aren't really interested in catching bad guys, they're interested in laws that sound good and accomplish little.
    it would appear your argument suggest that in NICS there should be a button "applicant Present" and if they are attempting to get a weapon as a felon then it automatically dispatches officers to apprehend. Easy software feed to the 911 comms system.

    However it would appear that Lanza snapped because his mother was committing him. So possibly the increased laws should also focus on protection measures for the public and prohibitions for those facing competency. However that would fly in the face of innocent until proven guilty.

    Our rights are killing us. LOL
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  46. #46
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    102,737
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Joe Scarborough reverses his stance on gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by andysayshi View Post
    This is loosely related to the thread's discussion of media and guns.

    After the Newtown massacre made news, media magnate and Fox News owner Rupert Murdoch tweeted the following:



    An Australian conservative politician, Malcolm Turnbull, who is a personal friend of Murdoch's, re-tweeted the message, and then his own reply:



    Turnbull makes a great point. Fox News is in a powerful position to encourage change in the US. Their demographic directly correlates with gun ownership. A pipe dream, perhaps, but it would be wonderful to see some genuine balance and honesty about guns on Fox.

    http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/politi...217-2bii3.html
    If Murdoch wants change he could give a billion to a foundation dedicated to identifying and helping mentally challenged people before they become dangerous. These shootings aren't really a problem with guns, they're a problem with failing people who are so disturbed they turn to destruction.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  47. #47
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,238

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Joe Scarborough reverses his stance on gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    If Murdoch wants change he could give a billion to a foundation dedicated to identifying and helping mentally challenged people before they become dangerous. These shootings aren't really a problem with guns, they're a problem with failing people who are so disturbed they turn to destruction.
    Right but if their access to weapons were restrcited then they would be a lot less lethal. Just think if Nancy Lanza was given a simple pamphlet from the courts when she started her petition to commit her son that told her often cases the insane go off when confronted with institutionalization so for your safety and the safety of the public at large you are required to ensure your personal firearms grant ye by the right hand of God be locked up and unavailable for your lunatic relative. Capisce?
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  48. #48
    JUB Addict
    andysayshi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    4,292

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Joe Scarborough reverses his stance on gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    Regulating fantasies is pointless, as Clinton's ban proved. Feinstein is a loon because she thinks aesthetics matter in this debate -- because that's all the "assault weapon" things is: cosmetics.

    And the ability to get an assault rifle is already extremely tightly regulated: there are a set number of federal licenses for them, so the only way to get one is to convince someone with one of those licenses to sell his to you (lately they've been running over $100k a pop).
    This is verifiably false. Any body who wants an assault rifle can buy one today, no questions asked, no background checks, no license confirmation required. Anybody.

    Jeff Rossen of the Today Show did a story in February highlighting his own investigation. Within 12 hours of answering online advertisements Crossen managed to purchase eight guns. It was all perfectly legal.

    He bought a tactical assault rifle with ammunition, a Glock-23 with hollow point bullets, a tactical shotgun, and a 50-caliber sniper rifle with a 5 mile range, capable of piercing armoured vehicles or shooting down a helicopter.

    I repeat, neither Rossen nor the gun sellers broke the law, even though Rossen told several of the sellers that "he probably wouldn't pass a background check".

    New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg conducted his own investigation and had similar results. His buyers legally purchased various high powered weapons and handguns in 14 states, even after the buyers advised the sellers they could not pass a background check.

    http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/463164.../#.UNEKDY7bKf8

  49. #49
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    102,737
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Joe Scarborough reverses his stance on gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by JayHawk View Post
    it would appear your argument suggest that in NICS there should be a button "applicant Present" and if they are attempting to get a weapon as a felon then it automatically dispatches officers to apprehend. Easy software feed to the 911 comms system.
    I'd deputize the dealers -- they already have to pass some hefty standards; go the rest of the way and make them authorized to make an arrest right there.

    But the button would work, though not as well. One gun store I was at a lot during college had a "hot button" that dialed the cops with a recorded statement who it was, the location, and that a crime was in progress. I heard of it getting used once, when two felons came in together to see what they could buy.

    Quote Originally Posted by JayHawk View Post
    However it would appear that Lanza snapped because his mother was committing him. So possibly the increased laws should also focus on protection measures for the public and prohibitions for those facing competency. However that would fly in the face of innocent until proven guilty.
    If we take the path of Congress authority to organize and disciplining the militia, I think the standards of proof for being "guilty" can be less strict. I see no problem with public institutions like colleges having the authority to notify the NICS that they have determined someone to be dangerous to self and others, and have that person classified as not allowed to have a weapon until evaluation shows it to be incorrect.

    Committing someone takes too long these days. The process should begin by merely dropping by an appropriate facility for an evaluation, and if the evaluation is bad, the person doesn't get to leave. When you have to hop from one place to another and when there's a "waiting period", that's asking for trouble.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  50. #50
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    102,737
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Joe Scarborough reverses his stance on gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by JayHawk View Post
    Right but if their access to weapons were restrcited then they would be a lot less lethal. Just think if Nancy Lanza was given a simple pamphlet from the courts when she started her petition to commit her son that told her often cases the insane go off when confronted with institutionalization so for your safety and the safety of the public at large you are required to ensure your personal firearms grant ye by the right hand of God be locked up and unavailable for your lunatic relative. Capisce?
    That's a good idea, too. But it still baffles me that it takes so long to get someone dangerous taken to somewhere for help.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.