JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

remove these banner ads by becoming a JUB Supporter.

Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    JP.
    Guest

    Have you ever considered old money?

    Sometimes I think I never can make it big, I meant really "big" in this world because I dont have old money.
    How powerful old money is? Does old money will guarantee you the ultimate security/fantastic life?

    Any of you have relatives with old money? How do their life going?
    If you have chance to be the heiress of business fortune, what would it be?

    I want to be the son of hormel company (spam, meat products) 'cuz I love cure81 so muach!

  2. #2
    JUB Addict
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,631

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Have you ever considered old money?

    Class mobility is tough these days, more so than ever. I think in the Baby Boomer generation you could hear the story of the poor Eastern European immigrants son in a crowded aparmtent becoming a CEO, or the Latino with $20 in his pocket running a successful chain of restaurants. Or the genius from the ghetto earning scholarships to become a lawyer/doctor. Now I get your point, wealth stays from generaiton to generation, via trust funds and inheritance. Investment risk and capitalism is no longer rewarded, doctor lawyer salaries are down, tuition is up, so it's hard for the poor hard worker to move up.

  3. #3
    JP.
    Guest

    Re: Have you ever considered old money?

    ^
    is there still hope?
    I hate my "if I can turn back time" mentality and to be constantly wishing to live in Clinton's era

  4. #4

    Re: Have you ever considered old money?

    My grandfather is currently the head of a fairly large sized company that his grandfather started in London, it's not bringing in billions of dollars or anything, but they are doing fairly well to the point where they have actual "jobs." My dad chose to become a surgeon because he had the resources (my grandfather's money). Although their money comes from the company, which is around 4 or 5 generations old, I don't know if I would classify it as old money, because while it brings in very sizable sums, they have large wealth, but we aren't SUPER-rich.

  5. #5
    On the Prowl
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    74

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Have you ever considered old money?

    It's not the old money as much as the class level and connections. That is what is really important.

  6. #6
    Wildly Inappropriate SonOfSlobone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Iowa
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    3,230

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Have you ever considered old money?

    I found a dollar bill I was using as a book mark in my copy of Jonathan Livingston Seagull, does that count?

  7. #7
    GAYVIATOR
    ibill1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    SAN
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Widower
    Posts
    2,279

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Have you ever considered old money?

    My grandfather came here from Italy and opened up Italian resturants in my home town. He built houses and paved all the roads in the village in Italy he and my grandmother grew up in. He paid cash to send my dad, his son, to Notre Dame. I guess you could call that old money, but little of it made it to me or my 4 brothers. Most of it went to the relatives in Italy.

  8. #8
    JUB Addict maxpowr9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    8,839
    Blog Entries
    3

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Have you ever considered old money?

    My mom's family sought exile from Poland during WWII in the US pretty much penniless. Her parents were factory workers and that didn't stop my mom and her sis going to reputable colleges and beyond.

    If you have a strong work ethic, you can make a comfortable living for yourself regardless where you live. A good educational foundation helps too.

  9. #9
    JP.
    Guest

    Re: Have you ever considered old money?

    Quote Originally Posted by GregKII View Post
    My grandfather is currently the head of a fairly large sized company that his grandfather started in London, it's not bringing in billions of dollars or anything, but they are doing fairly well to the point where they have actual "jobs." My dad chose to become a surgeon because he had the resources (my grandfather's money). Although their money comes from the company, which is around 4 or 5 generations old, I don't know if I would classify it as old money, because while it brings in very sizable sums, they have large wealth, but we aren't SUPER-rich.
    I hope you're still 'plump' and well nourished like your avatar ^^
    that is old money, definitely you have it.
    Would it be the fact that resources came from your own grandfather, then you'll have greater chance for will?

    My chance of old money just next to my family tree, it's in mom's family. My aunt (might) inherit old money and she's currently a strong business woman; a distributor head of Mark and Spencer cosmetic for entire nation, now with Sephora. My aunt husband also inherently rich, I vaguely known his background but he just freaking rich.
    One of my uncle is a multi millionaire car dealer/ government agent, he's not only rich but also powerful.

    My mom told me her visit to Indonesia was nothing but a luxurious vacation..because she wasn't spent a cent from her budget! Zero! all commodities paid: hotel, personal chauffeur, shopping budget, restaurant, spa..
    I didn't know what happen to my family for years but right now I know they're going really well back home..
    I heard their motto/work policy is: "never willing to be employed with other people" I ..have no idea how to imply the idea to myself, wow
    But when I think again, that's actually the truth.

  10. #10
    JP.
    Guest

    Re: Have you ever considered old money?

    Quote Originally Posted by jkom1f View Post
    It's not the old money as much as the class level and connections. That is what is really important.
    I have the connection..but Idk how to come to them (mom's family) without looking hungry/desperate

  11. #11
    JP.
    Guest

    Re: Have you ever considered old money?

    Quote Originally Posted by SonOfSlobone View Post
    I found a dollar bill I was using as a book mark in my copy of Jonathan Livingston Seagull, does that count?
    i dont get your analogy, sorry ^^

  12. #12
    JP.
    Guest

    Re: Have you ever considered old money?

    Quote Originally Posted by maxpowr9 View Post
    My mom's family sought exile from Poland during WWII in the US pretty much penniless. Her parents were factory workers and that didn't stop my mom and her sis going to reputable colleges and beyond.

    If you have a strong work ethic, you can make a comfortable living for yourself regardless where you live. A good educational foundation helps too.
    That's what I try to maintain. Im not an excessive person and always live by it means. TBH my younger sister launched her career faster than me..she's what I look for "strong work ethic, tenacity and to be hardworking"
    but sometimes I feel pity of her..that whatever she's doing, her money got sucked out of nowhere and she must start all over again and again and again..
    ie: car crash, insurance, wedding expense, surprise bills, etc..

    old money make me think..at least I hv a back-up if disaster happens.

  13. #13
    Booyah! Callum's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Gerstein and Robarts
    Gender
    Male
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    2,706
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Have you ever considered old money?

    Personal Callum stuff in 3...2...1...

    Money is awful. My extended family is largely composed of 'old Anglican money'. We have a few multi-millionaires, about a dozen lawyers/executives and Ivy-educated doctors. My family is of British banking origin, specifically London (we have a coat of arms somewhere)...so they didn't immigrate to Canada poor in the 1910s, but they're honestly all bat shit insane and I would trade them all in for fluffy puppies in a New York minute. Sharing the wealth is an alien concept to a majority of them.

    My one aunt is a lesbian and poor, had breast cancer (due to her stain-glass work which is apparently toxic), required $3500 injections (twelve in total - OHIP didn't cover) and no one would help her because "she has to make her own money"/she's a lesbian.

    Moreover, I'm the only child that doesn't receive large financial payouts (my brother's have cars, their rent paid, high school dropouts, one makes minimum wage, other is unemployed) because of my orientation, as my loving parents told me. I have to file for student loans despite having well-to-do parents, which makes my applications horribly awkward to file as they're usually denied to the humour of financial aid offices, no doubt...thank God I score scholarships.

    I have one rich, famous cousin sitting on $42m (as of 2011) in Florida and he won't even communicate to anyone but his mother, acting as if everyone is after his money (we aren't).

    I have no idea where it all went wrong. My family once owned endless hectares of land in Caledon, Ontario, which is very expensive real estate in Canada. They couldn't get along decades ago over taxes so the government came to collect. So now that wealthy half is in Alberta and I don't even know a single name. Family feuds are common, maybe, can't tell...no one talks to anyone.

    Oh and I was institutionalized for attempted suicide in 2011 and my psychiatrist ended up being a great uncle, neither of us knew until afterward. God damn awkward to say the least and I think he ran his mouth after the fact. Isn't that illegal?! Geez!

    So, yeah...I'll take a comfortable middle-income salary over the wealthy loose cannons, both old and new. The financial mind-fuck my family is is likely one of the reasons I'm so neurotic and clinically mentally ill. Sadly most of them are brilliant...so on the positive end I inherited brains.
    blacksyringe

  14. #14
    JUB Addict
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,631

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Have you ever considered old money?

    Quote Originally Posted by maxpowr9 View Post
    My mom's family sought exile from Poland during WWII in the US pretty much penniless. Her parents were factory workers and that didn't stop my mom and her sis going to reputable colleges and beyond.

    If you have a strong work ethic, you can make a comfortable living for yourself regardless where you live. A good educational foundation helps too.

    Don't think so. That was how things used to be. Now you can have a strong work ethic and education and be up to your ears in debt. Small business is now punished, education has gotten prohibitively expensive, and salaries are stagnant while cost of living goes up. People who are already from wealthy families will continue to be wealthy, but not at the level they used to be. The poor will have a nearly impossible time moving up to the rich - your best bet is middle class.

  15. #15
    Sex God yhtang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SE Asia
    Gender
    Male
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    676

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Have you ever considered old money?

    Quote Originally Posted by -Callum- View Post
    So, yeah...I'll take a comfortable middle-income salary over the wealthy loose cannons, both old and new. The financial mind-fuck my family is is likely one of the reasons I'm so neurotic and clinically mentally ill. Sadly most of them are brilliant...so on the positive end I inherited brains.
    Reading you post, I find you well adjusted and I think you will do well in any field you choose. Old money or gentrified background, I believe they are not necessary for you to succeed in your endeavours; I have no doubt you will do well under your own steam.

  16. #16
    portabodwitstand&chairtoo SLOPPYSECONDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    12,086
    Blog Entries
    3

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Have you ever considered old money?

    no think a miss it any a cm planet
    above or unda ground

    thankyou
    Mr up slide---why folk no chop house a down?*cause tey no a trees_ pause---Mr down slide
    Mr down slide---Jons joe ans a ed now gonna walk on part_walkwalkwalk_---Mr up slide

  17. #17
    does this look slutty? ShihTzuTylenol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Paris
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    4,862

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Have you ever considered old money?

    we are the wealthy poor...because we have one another...the pitiful poor lack that

    I wonder if cavemen sat around talking about "old rocks?" or whatever it was they traded each other for stuff? Money is a made up thing. Old or new---it's ridiculous to play the "what if" game, you'll drive yourself mad. I've had a sugar daddy that came from old money and yes, it's fun to be showered with real jewelry and A-list clothes (I Armani [and that's a character flaw I assure you]), but at the end of the day one can only eat so much food and wear so many pairs of shoes and ride around in so many pewter gray Porsche 911's before one asks oneself "am I a whore?" ....and oneself goes, "fuck yeah bitch, don't blow this for me!"

    In retrospect, moral standards are nothing but a burden



    let me say this.....don't aspire to be superficial Jos, we adore you just the way you are precious...and honestly, the only true currency in this godless world is what we share with each other when we are poor and if you had old money, I submit--- you wouldn't be here...with us...the wealthy poor, and I, for one, would certainly miss you


    GOD I've missed this place! wooohoooo! I'M BACK BITCHES!!! let the lectures begin hehe
    okay bye!

  18. #18
    JP.
    Guest

    Re: Have you ever considered old money?

    Quote Originally Posted by youngnihilist View Post
    Don't think so. That was how things used to be. Now you can have a strong work ethic and education and be up to your ears in debt. Small business is now punished, education has gotten prohibitively expensive, and salaries are stagnant while cost of living goes up. People who are already from wealthy families will continue to be wealthy, but not at the level they used to be. The poor will have a nearly impossible time moving up to the rich - your best bet is middle class.
    I was cleaning up bookmarks in my computer and I found this ^^: http://www.forbes.com/sites/jennagou...billion-brand/

    I forgot she gave me hope while ago..I think she's my role model
    She makes me think that creativity and awareness of potential wet field 'could' either make you or break you..
    She's a trendsetter, she refuse to be a follower
    and of course, she's somewhat has exceptional business skill and professional work ethics to make it happen.

  19. #19
    JP.
    Guest

    Re: Have you ever considered old money?

    Quote Originally Posted by ShihTzuTylenol View Post
    we are the wealthy poor...because we have one another...the pitiful poor lack that

    I wonder if cavemen sat around talking about "old rocks?" or whatever it was they traded each other for stuff? Money is a made up thing. Old or new---it's ridiculous to play the "what if" game, you'll drive yourself mad. I've had a sugar daddy that came from old money and yes, it's fun to be showered with real jewelry and A-list clothes (I Armani [and that's a character flaw I assure you]), but at the end of the day one can only eat so much food and wear so many pairs of shoes and ride around in so many pewter gray Porsche 911's before one asks oneself "am I a whore?" ....and oneself goes, "fuck yeah bitch, don't blow this for me!"

    In retrospect, moral standards are nothing but a burden



    let me say this.....don't aspire to be superficial Jos, we adore you just the way you are precious...and honestly, the only true currency in this godless world is what we share with each other when we are poor and if you had old money, I submit--- you wouldn't be here...with us...the wealthy poor, and I, for one, would certainly miss you


    GOD I've missed this place! wooohoooo! I'M BACK BITCHES!!! let the lectures begin hehe
    Haha shuh tzu..like usual..I must flip my brain upside down to understand ur things
    hmm..sugar daddy..I had that before.

    same as you, I cut him off.

    my weakness is not bling-bling/armani ^^ but mine is food/fancy restaurant..(I never can get fat) but indeed, weathy-poor can't be bribed

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.