JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 150 of 239
  1. #101
    Execuvette Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,931

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Michigan becomes 24th right-to-work state

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryReardon View Post
    Because if they submit to union blackmail, Walmart will have to raise its prices to levels that are no longer competitive.
    I hope they never, ever give in. I'd rather see them close their stores than go union.

    Unions serve no useful purpose in today's world.
    Unions serve a useful purpose in today's world.
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  2. #102
    Execuvette Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,931

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Michigan becomes 24th right-to-work state

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryReardon View Post
    The minimum wage doesn't serve that purpose. Do some research and you will find that most people working for minimum wage are not bread winners. Housewives, teenagers, students, etc start out at minimum wage because they can.
    Doing some research, one finds out that not everyone lives in a nuclear family, and many people can only find minimum wage job, with no other support. You don't care about those?
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  3. #103
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,258

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Michigan becomes 24th right-to-work state

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryReardon View Post
    The minimum wage doesn't serve that purpose. Do some research and you will find that most people working for minimum wage are not bread winners. Housewives, teenagers, students, etc start out at minimum wage because they can.
    Feel free to do some research yourself before making spurious claims.

    http://www.nelp.org/page/-/Final%20o...11.pdf?nocdn=1

    The majority of the jobs being crated post recession are low wage and not able to sustain a household but that is where people find themselves because that is all the type of jobs that exist. Now have you some sort of actual research of cite that indicates the majority of minimum wage jobs are for people who don't support themselves?
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  4. #104
    Thankfully Liberal & Gay
    frankfrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    surrounded by Western Illinois cornfields and soybeans
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    16,462
    Blog Entries
    5

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Michigan becomes 24th right-to-work state

    Quote Originally Posted by loki81 View Post
    and under this law, you'd be free to make that choice.

    I have a hard time believing that non-compulsory unions would herald an era of 90-hour work weeks with no vacation or benefits whatsoever.
    Until the unions are destroyed, because they can't continue to operate after they've lost 43% or 70% of the dues they used to collect, or at the very least the union can no longer be an effective asset in cases where their help is most needed.

    Then I wouldn't be able to choose to join a union at all...because they wouldn't exist.

    Hello to those 90-hour workweeks (AFTER, once the unions are destroyed and Republicans are pulling the strings, they have also repealed all minimum wage laws), and no benefits, no retirement, nothing.

    The days of the Triangle Shirt Waist factory (a/k/a a virtual concentration camp for workers, with no safety precautions at all) would return. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triangl...t_Factory_fire

    Does your diet of potatoes, bananas, eggs, and ramen taste good?

    Quote Originally Posted by eastofeden View Post
    The people who want to bust the unions and force people to work for very little with no benefits are the same people who do not want any form of universal health care. They dont' want to say it so I will..They want to enslave people to line their pockets with $$$ and when their slaves get sick...they just die? Not really hard to understand why so many people accurately assess the party as evil.

    Bottom line...when 90% of the people own 10% of the wealth...and 10% of the people own 90% of the wealth...there is this little thing called revolution. Unions were the buffer. The greed of the Republican Party will eventually kill capitalism...maybe sooner than later.
    They're entirely OK with those people just dying. Those people are expendable. They're nothing but useless eaters who collect welfare, freeloaders who don't pay taxes. (Yeah, right.)

    It's heading more toward the day when 3% will hold 97% of the wealth, and 97% will hold the other 3% of wealth. Even at my age, I expect to start seeing the world's first TRILLIONAIRES in my lifetime.

    Quote Originally Posted by NCAA Umpire View Post
    It is much better to have 100 people making $60K each than 50 people making $70K each. It helps them, and it helps the economy. It also increases tax revenue, something liberals love.
    It would be more like 90 people making $16 to $20K each, 8 people making $20K to $100K each, and 2 people making mostly $500 to $20,000K each.

    No, scratch that. Of those 90 people, half of them would be below $10K per year each, with minimum wage repealed.

    Quote Originally Posted by palemale View Post
    Seven of the ten poorest states (i.e. lowest median family income), are right-to-work for less states. Nine of the ten richest states (i.e. highest median family income) are not right-to-work for less states. Strong unions redistribute wealth to working people are create a strong middle class.
    It's not even a question of REDISTRIBUTION of wealth...it's a question of paying people "their worth" for allowing their employers to continue to do business. Without the labor, those companies ain't shit. The feedback loop thus created, by those people spending a lot more money on consumption than they currently can, creates more jobs to fill the demand.

    That assumes, of course, that some of the additional goods consumed, are actually built in the same country where they are consumed which, from my geographic point of view, means "more American jobs" rather than opening more and more factories in China or Viet Nam. (And, after all, the politics involved in this UNION BUSTING are uniquely, or close to uniquely, American.)
    Last edited by frankfrank; December 12th, 2012 at 06:57 PM.
    BOSS: I'm sorry, but I'll have to lay you and Jack off. SUE: Can you just jack off? I feel like shit today.

    "I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires" - Susan B. Anthony

    THE WIZARD OF OZ: "Transported to a surreal landscape, a girl kills the first person she meets, then joins three strangers to kill again."

    SANDERS-WARREN in 2016! The people are ready for change.

  5. #105
    JUB 10k Club
    CTF's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    El corazón de Tejas
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    20,054
    Blog Entries
    23

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Michigan becomes 24th right-to-work state

    Quote Originally Posted by JayHawk View Post
    The majority of the jobs being crated...
    Freudian Slip?

    Last edited by CTF; December 12th, 2012 at 07:10 PM.
    Never regret anything, because in that moment it's exactly what you wanted.

  6. #106
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,258

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Michigan becomes 24th right-to-work state

    Jungian... Freud was much more into his Mother than I am.....
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  7. #107
    JUB 10k Club
    CTF's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    El corazón de Tejas
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    20,054
    Blog Entries
    23

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Michigan becomes 24th right-to-work state

    ^ And sometimes 'a banana is just a banana.'
    Never regret anything, because in that moment it's exactly what you wanted.

  8. #108
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    104,687
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Michigan becomes 24th right-to-work state

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryReardon View Post
    Define "fair" pay. I'm not at all certain that it can reasonably be done. After all, there are some, perhaps, many, jobs that are only worth so much.
    Fair pay is when the workers and the owners both gain at the same rate -- that's the maximum for the owner.

    That's what's wrong with our system at the moment: the wealth of the wealthy increases more after taxes than that of the poor. That indicates that wealth is being redistributed upwards.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  9. #109
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    104,687
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Michigan becomes 24th right-to-work state

    Quote Originally Posted by JayHawk View Post
    Feel free to do some research yourself before making spurious claims.

    http://www.nelp.org/page/-/Final%20o...11.pdf?nocdn=1

    The majority of the jobs being crated post recession are low wage and not able to sustain a household but that is where people find themselves because that is all the type of jobs that exist. Now have you some sort of actual research of cite that indicates the majority of minimum wage jobs are for people who don't support themselves?
    This is why the accusation that Obama is deliberately trying to get more people on food stamps, etc., is so ludicrous: the ones putting people on food stamps is employers.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  10. #110
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    104,687
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Michigan becomes 24th right-to-work state

    Two things:

    1. If you go back fifty years and run the minimum wage, today's should be up around $19/hr.

    2. Unions are not engaging in extortion, they're leveling the playing field. Corporations love right-to-work, because then they can gang up on the individual workers and by intimidation keep them from obtaining better wages. They hate unions because unions put a large number of people into play so they're on par with the corporation, which has armies of negotiators and lawyers and more to throw against the lone worker.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  11. #111
    It ain't easy being King MisterMajestic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    10,461

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Michigan becomes 24th right-to-work state

    It's hard to feel sorry for the Dems in Michigan when all of this could have been prevented at the polls....Michigan is simply another Democratic State that fell for the Okey-doke...."Vote for me I'm an HONEST Republican, I'm a moderate, I lean to the Center, I'm not far to the Right..Trust me I won't Fuck you in the end..".....LOL.....Yeah, right....

    If you elect Republicans for the House, Senate & Governorship expect them to pass Conservative leaning bills....Duh...Wake up Dems...Wake up....



    Quote Originally Posted by Rolyo85 View Post
    but... n**ga please
    Rolyo you've stated in this forum that you are Bulgarian. Now Bulgarians might refer to each other as "nigga this and nigga that" but that's NOT accepted on JUB....This site is a melting pot of races and we have to Respect each other and stay away from expressing thoughts using derogatory words/terms...It says a lot about the individual...

  12. #112
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    3,171

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Michigan becomes 24th right-to-work state

    Quote Originally Posted by JayHawk View Post
    Feel free to do some research yourself before making spurious claims.

    []. Now have you some sort of actual research of cite that indicates the majority of minimum wage jobs are for people who don't support themselves?
    You are dissembling, but here are some government statistics,


    http://www.bls.gov/cps/minwage2011.pdf

  13. #113
    Execuvette Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,931

    Code of Conduct
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterMajestic View Post
    Rolyo you've stated in this forum that you are Bulgarian. Now Bulgarians might refer to each other as "nigga this and nigga that" but that's NOT accepted on JUB....This site is a melting pot of races and we have to Respect each other and stay away from expressing thoughts using derogatory words/terms...It says a lot about the individual...
    1. Haven't used that word.
    2. It's obviously a joke.
    3. Nobody likes a guy who's always offended.
    4. Sorry, meant no offense, really.
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  14. #114
    Porn Star NCAA Umpire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    422

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Michigan becomes 24th right-to-work state

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    False dichotomy.
    But still economic reality.

  15. #115
    Porn Star NCAA Umpire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    422

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Michigan becomes 24th right-to-work state

    Quote Originally Posted by JayHawk View Post
    The minimum wage cannot pay for a human being to live in a cheap apartment nor afford food. That is what is at issue with such low paying jobs.

    http://www.raisetheminimumwage.com/facts/
    The minimum wage is one of the biggest salary suppressors out there. It needs to be abolished if people are going to make some real money.

  16. #116
    JUB Addict T-Rexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    5,384

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Michigan becomes 24th right-to-work state

    Quote Originally Posted by NCAA Umpire View Post
    The minimum wage is one of the biggest salary suppressors out there. It needs to be abolished if people are going to make some real money.
    That's true.

    But, if we really want rich people to make some "real money," we should bring back slavery.

  17. #117

    Re: Michigan becomes 24th right-to-work state

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryReardon View Post
    You are dissembling, but here are some government statistics,


    http://www.bls.gov/cps/minwage2011.pdf
    Interesting statistic in the document you cite. Over 54% of the minimum wage workers in the country are in the South. The South, of course, has the lowest union density. The South is also the poorest part of the country, tends to have the lowest levels of education.

    Luckily for the South, it lost the Civil War. Had it won, it would be a third world country today, mired in slavery, serfdom, ignorance and institutionalized government violence against the population.

  18. #118

    Re: Michigan becomes 24th right-to-work state

    Slavery is freedom from employment and money worry, and class envy. Palemale's malreporting needs rectification.

  19. #119
    stop the bullshit rareboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    35,792

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Michigan becomes 24th right-to-work state

    Quote Originally Posted by palemale View Post
    Interesting statistic in the document you cite. Over 54% of the minimum wage workers in the country are in the South. The South, of course, has the lowest union density. The South is also the poorest part of the country, tends to have the lowest levels of education.

    Luckily for the South, it lost the Civil War. Had it won, it would be a third world country today, mired in slavery, serfdom, ignorance and institutionalized government violence against the population.

    As a number of people have pointed out...all the states making themselves 'right to work' states in order to steal jobs from the neighbouring states are just in a death race to the bottom.

    Good luck with that folks.

  20. #120

    Re: Michigan becomes 24th right-to-work state

    Can any of the union supporters explain why it's acceptable and good for union workers to want higher wages, more benefits, bigger pension and it's not OK for business owners to want the same thing?

  21. #121
    Feeling the Bern chrisrobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    9,295

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Michigan becomes 24th right-to-work state

    .
    "Man is born free and everywhere he is in chains." - Jean Jacques Rousseau

    No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. - Eleanor Roosevelt

  22. #122
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    3,171

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Michigan becomes 24th right-to-work state

    Quote Originally Posted by palemale View Post
    Interesting statistic in the document you cite. Over 54% of the minimum wage workers in the country are in the South. The South, of course, has the lowest union density. .
    And, for the most part, the lowest cost of living.

  23. #123
    Porn Star NCAA Umpire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    422

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Michigan becomes 24th right-to-work state

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Rexx View Post
    That's true.

    But, if we really want rich people to make some "real money," we should bring back slavery.
    There's this pesky thing known as the 13th Amendment that would make that rather difficult. Fortunately, there is nothing in our Constitution, however, that mandates a minimum wage.

  24. #124
    Porn Star NCAA Umpire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    422

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Michigan becomes 24th right-to-work state

    Quote Originally Posted by JockBoy87 View Post
    Because money is not the same when you are staving off privation in your own home.

    Let's work on working class poverty before worrying about millionaires contemplating a second yacht.
    Yet another person who has this mythical belief that all business owners are millionaires with a yacht. One of these days reality is going to slap you folks in the face.

  25. #125

    Re: Michigan becomes 24th right-to-work state

    JockBoy -- not all business owners are millionaires. I'm guessing many struggle to make ends meet just as some that might work for them.

    It's not right to categorize and then make judgements based on an image.

    Quote Originally Posted by JockBoy87 View Post
    Because money is not the same when you are staving off privation in your own home.

    Let's work on working class poverty before worrying about millionaires contemplating a second yacht.

  26. #126
    stop the bullshit rareboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    35,792

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Michigan becomes 24th right-to-work state

    I can guarantee you that if you are involved in collective bargaining for your employees, you are a millionaire.

    Or are there now unions in all the mom and pop businesses too?

    Sheesh

    lol.

  27. #127
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    104,687
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Michigan becomes 24th right-to-work state

    Quote Originally Posted by NCAA Umpire View Post
    Yet another person who has this mythical belief that all business owners are millionaires with a yacht. One of these days reality is going to slap you folks in the face.
    That's called "hyperbole". One of these days reading comprehension is going to slap your folks in the face.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  28. #128
    Porn Star NCAA Umpire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    422

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Michigan becomes 24th right-to-work state

    I have lived and live in reality, which is something JockBoy et. al. refuse to do, so-called hyperbole notwithstanding.

  29. #129
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    11,243

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Michigan becomes 24th right-to-work state

    Quote Originally Posted by JayHawk View Post
    The reason most supply is that when Unions are the primary force in obtaining benefits that non union members receive then those non union members essentially get the pluses for no cost or for free.

    It is really not of super consequence since most of the things accomplished by unions are codified into laws these days. Unions were very important in achieving those rights but now that healthcare is going to be law and pensions have already been forfeited there really is no reason to contribute and more unions will die off.

    The only way unions will regain power is for people on the lower economic scale to rise up and demand collective rights again. Until it gets bad enough they will fail to get behind such ideas.

    - - - Updated - - -



    If the job descriptions are the same then the company would be sued for bias.
    I agree with your general overview, however there are some industries which to this day could still greatly benefit from unions. The number of mining operations not operating according to legal safety codes is pretty disturbing, and in many cases they basically get away with it because it's much cheaper for them to fire a whistleblower and pay a fine than to actually begin observing proper safety regulations/procedures.

    People tend to think unions are only about better benefits and forget that people routinely lost fingers and eyes and DIED in the workplace in the pre-union time period.

  30. #130
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    11,243

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Michigan becomes 24th right-to-work state

    Quote Originally Posted by NCAA Umpire View Post
    I have lived and live in reality, which is something JockBoy et. al. refuse to do, so-called hyperbole notwithstanding.
    We reside in reality too.

    There's basically two views on being an employee in the workplace. One viewpoint is you have to pay people enough so that they can have a decent living off their job, and if you have to raise prices or whatever else to make that possible, that's the cost of doing business. The other viewpoint is if you can't make a decent living wage off your job... go get 3 jobs and stop whining about it.

    One of those two viewpoints represents typical life in 1910 sweatshops. Can you guess which one?

  31. #131
    Porn Star NCAA Umpire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    422

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Michigan becomes 24th right-to-work state

    People are working 3 jobs not because one employer wouldn't pay them enough; rather, because an anti-jobs president and his minions have made it substantially more expensive to run a business and hire employees. There's a reason food stamps are at an all-time high, poverty is up, unemployment is high, jobs are disappearing, etc., and it's not freedom of choice in the work place that is doing this.

  32. #132
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    104,687
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Michigan becomes 24th right-to-work state

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    We reside in reality too.

    There's basically two views on being an employee in the workplace. One viewpoint is you have to pay people enough so that they can have a decent living off their job, and if you have to raise prices or whatever else to make that possible, that's the cost of doing business. The other viewpoint is if you can't make a decent living wage off your job... go get 3 jobs and stop whining about it.

    One of those two viewpoints represents typical life in 1910 sweatshops. Can you guess which one?
    If the product is good enough that it's bringing in great profits, then those profits should be shared with those who actually earned them: the workers. Those who merely invested or who own the company should get enough to be a bit more than comfortable, and no more. This is something Henry Ford understood; he earned only four times what his workers did.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  33. #133
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    11,243

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Michigan becomes 24th right-to-work state

    Quote Originally Posted by NCAA Umpire View Post
    People are working 3 jobs not because one employer wouldn't pay them enough; rather, because an anti-jobs president and his minions have made it substantially more expensive to run a business and hire employees. There's a reason food stamps are at an all-time high, poverty is up, unemployment is high, jobs are disappearing, etc., and it's not freedom of choice in the work place that is doing this.
    This is talking point nonsense with no basis in reality.

    Btw Papa Johns and all these other dickheads saying they're going to cut employee wages or lay people off so that they can get around Obamacare are not small businesses. Also their statements to that effect have massively hurt their business, and now they're backpedalling hardcore and trying to pull a "we didn't mean it.."

    Oh also working for them sucks and their product sucks. So if their excuse is "we're struggling because of Obama's policies" too bad. Maybe if you weren't selling 6th rate "I'm starving so I don't really care what I eat" pizza and paying people minimum wage to make and deliver it you might be able to have a different business model where you actually pay people decently.

  34. #134
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    104,687
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Michigan becomes 24th right-to-work state

    Quote Originally Posted by NCAA Umpire View Post
    People are working 3 jobs not because one employer wouldn't pay them enough; rather, because an anti-jobs president and his minions have made it substantially more expensive to run a business and hire employees. There's a reason food stamps are at an all-time high, poverty is up, unemployment is high, jobs are disappearing, etc., and it's not freedom of choice in the work place that is doing this.
    Job availability is low because of the Republican in Congress, who killed about five million jobs in job bills, one of which was drawn right out of the Republican playbook, and would have benefitted million of small businesses.

    And food stamps are at an all-time high because wages are so low people can work full-time and still qualify.

    All the effects you mention are the result of a deliberate campaign by the Republicans in Congress to keep anything good from happening while Obama is in office.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  35. #135
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    104,687
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Michigan becomes 24th right-to-work state

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    This is talking point nonsense with no basis in reality.

    Btw Papa Johns and all these other dickheads saying they're going to cut employee wages or lay people off so that they can get around Obamacare are not small businesses. Also their statements to that effect have massively hurt their business, and now they're backpedalling hardcore and trying to pull a "we didn't mean it.."

    Oh also working for them sucks and their product sucks. So if their excuse is "we're struggling because of Obama's policies" too bad. Maybe if you weren't selling 6th rate "I'm starving so I don't really care what I eat" pizza and paying people minimum wage to make and deliver it you might be able to have a different business model where you actually pay people decently.
    Yes -- S-corporations are "small" only by lawyers' games.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  36. #136
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    11,243

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Michigan becomes 24th right-to-work state

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    Job availability is low because of the Republican in Congress, who killed about five million jobs in job bills, one of which was drawn right out of the Republican playbook, and would have benefitted million of small businesses.

    And food stamps are at an all-time high because wages are so low people can work full-time and still qualify.

    All the effects you mention are the result of a deliberate campaign by the Republicans in Congress to keep anything good from happening while Obama is in office.
    Yup. The fact that minimum wage in this country does not reflect making enough money to do anything other than live at home (or with 4 roommates) and never own a house and probably have an extraordinarily difficult time even getting a car and never have anything more than pure survival money has nothing to do, I suppose, with the fact that so many people are on forms of assistance. I fail to see how the fact that minimum wage in most parts of the country falls beneath a real living wage is something Obama has anything to do with. On the contrary if he'd raised the minimum wage federally I'm sure Republicans would be here using that as yet more ammo that he "killed jobs/hiring."

    Let's also not forget that companies like Wal*Mart have used the fact that minimum wage is so low in this country to help their employees get onto welfare and social services to supplement their incomes off the taxpayer's dime. When these kinds of things go on people seriously want to come back and say it's Obama's fault that people are on food stamps and he should be doing more to make it CHEAPER for businesses to hire? Really? I suppose businesses shouldn't actually pay any payroll at all and everyone who works for them should just be getting government aid money directly rather than a paycheck?

  37. #137
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    11,243

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Michigan becomes 24th right-to-work state

    P.S. http://money.cnn.com/2012/12/05/news...lds/index.html

    Labor experts say that the workers wages have fallen, and stand in sharp contrast to the performance of companies they work for. Corporate profits were up 19% in the third quarter, the greatest share of the economy in history.

    McDonald's (MCD, Fortune 500), the world's largest hamburger joint, hasn't fared so poorly. Last year, sales increased 12%.The largest U.S. retailer Wal-Mart (WMT, Fortune 500) hasn't fared so badly either. Even at the height of the recession in 2009, the company's sales rose 7%.

    Workers' wages, on the other hand, have fallen to their lowest-ever, as a share of the economy.

  38. #138
    Execuvette Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,931

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Michigan becomes 24th right-to-work state

    Quote Originally Posted by NCAA Umpire View Post
    People are working 3 jobs not because one employer wouldn't pay them enough; rather, because an anti-jobs president and his minions have made it substantially more expensive to run a business and hire employees. There's a reason food stamps are at an all-time high, poverty is up, unemployment is high, jobs are disappearing, etc., and it's not freedom of choice in the work place that is doing this.
    hilariously sad

    no bearing on reality but please tell us more about the anti-job president

    so pathetic

    the snow drifts over

    hungry children cry

    badgers
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  39. #139
    stop the bullshit rareboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    35,792

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Michigan becomes 24th right-to-work state

    ^ LOL

    People have been working more than one job for a lot longer than this president's term. The battering of the working class by the Engulf and Devour multi-nationals who have been consolidating all the small industry and shipping millions of jobs to where people will work for $1.00 per hour has been going on for over a decade.

    Umpire is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

    off base.

  40. #140
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    11,243

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Michigan becomes 24th right-to-work state

    Quote Originally Posted by rareboy View Post
    ^ LOL

    People have been working more than one job for a lot longer than this president's term. The battering of the working class by the Engulf and Devour multi-nationals who have been consolidating all the small industry and shipping millions of jobs to where people will work for $1.00 per hour has been going on for over a decade.

    Umpire is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

    off base.
    From the CIA World Facebook:

    "The onrush of technology largely explains the gradual development of a "two-tier labor market" in which those at the bottom lack the education and the professional/technical skills of those at the top and, more and more, fail to get comparable pay raises, health insurance coverage, and other benefits. Since 1975, practically all the gains in household income have gone to the top 20% of households."

    So unless Obama has secretly been pulling the strings behind all economic policy and business shifts since 1975 at least, no, he is not responsible for the general economic picture we are describing of low wages and less hiring.

  41. #141
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    104,687
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Michigan becomes 24th right-to-work state

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    P.S. http://money.cnn.com/2012/12/05/news...lds/index.html

    Labor experts say that the workers wages have fallen, and stand in sharp contrast to the performance of companies they work for. Corporate profits were up 19% in the third quarter, the greatest share of the economy in history.

    McDonald's (MCD, Fortune 500), the world's largest hamburger joint, hasn't fared so poorly. Last year, sales increased 12%.The largest U.S. retailer Wal-Mart (WMT, Fortune 500) hasn't fared so badly either. Even at the height of the recession in 2009, the company's sales rose 7%.

    Workers' wages, on the other hand, have fallen to their lowest-ever, as a share of the economy.
    Which means workers are contributing value and not getting paid for it. That's extortion.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  42. #142
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    3,171

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Michigan becomes 24th right-to-work state

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    Which means workers are contributing value and not getting paid for it. That's extortion.
    Total nonsense. There was a time, several years ago, when you had a rudimentary grasp of capitalism. What happened?

  43. #143
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    11,243

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Michigan becomes 24th right-to-work state

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryReardon View Post
    Total nonsense. There was a time, several years ago, when you had a rudimentary grasp of capitalism. What happened?
    How exactly do you explain corporate profits going up and worker pay going down?

    You know it's really easy to make a snarky troll post like "you used to be SMART, what happened" but it's a lot harder to actually explain your position. Simply saying smart people already get it makes discussion pointless.

  44. #144
    JUB 10k Club
    jackoroe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    11,390

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Michigan becomes 24th right-to-work state

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    From the CIA World Facebook:

    "The onrush of technology largely explains the gradual development of a "two-tier labor market" in which those at the bottom lack the education and the professional/technical skills of those at the top and, more and more, fail to get comparable pay raises, health insurance coverage, and other benefits. Since 1975, practically all the gains in household income have gone to the top 20% of households."

    So unless Obama has secretly been pulling the strings behind all economic policy and business shifts since 1975 at least, no, he is not responsible for the general economic picture we are describing of low wages and less hiring.

    Let's put the farcical nonsense about income inequality to bed once and for all, OK?


    http://www.policymic.com/articles/12...ity-in-america

  45. #145
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    11,243

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Michigan becomes 24th right-to-work state

    Quote Originally Posted by jackoroe View Post
    Let's put the farcical nonsense about income inequality to bed once and for all, OK?


    http://www.policymic.com/articles/12...ity-in-america
    Are you kidding me?

    This article doesn't deny the income inequality, it then just goes off on a list of rants about how the income equality "doesn't matter."

  46. #146
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    3,171

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Michigan becomes 24th right-to-work state

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    How exactly do you explain corporate profits going up and worker pay going down?
    Insuficient data. The statement is much too general.

    You know it's really easy to make a snarky troll post like "you used to be SMART, what happened" but it's a lot harder to actually explain your position. Simply saying smart people already get it makes discussion pointless.
    That's not what I said. I said he used to show an understanding. The word smart was neither used nor implied.
    Last edited by opinterph; December 13th, 2012 at 07:12 PM. Reason: fixed quote tags

  47. #147
    Execuvette Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,931

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Michigan becomes 24th right-to-work state

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    Are you kidding me?

    This article doesn't deny the income inequality, it then just goes off on a list of rants about how the income equality "doesn't matter."
    Oops
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  48. #148
    Execuvette Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,931

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Michigan becomes 24th right-to-work state

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryReardon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    How exactly do you explain corporate profits going up and worker pay going down?
    Insuficient data. The statement is much too general.
    Wait, so you think that is NOT true?
    Last edited by opinterph; December 13th, 2012 at 07:13 PM. Reason: fixed quote tags
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  49. #149

    Re: Michigan becomes 24th right-to-work state

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryReardon View Post
    And, for the most part, the lowest cost of living.
    Serfs don't have a lot of disposable income.

  50. #150

    Re: Michigan becomes 24th right-to-work state

    Quote Originally Posted by NCAA Umpire View Post
    People are working 3 jobs not because one employer wouldn't pay them enough; rather, because an anti-jobs president and his minions have made it substantially more expensive to run a business and hire employees. There's a reason food stamps are at an all-time high, poverty is up, unemployment is high, jobs are disappearing, etc., and it's not freedom of choice in the work place that is doing this.
    So people weren't working three jobs before President Obama was elected? Need I remind you that that corporate executive who used to run your state, and brought his Texas anti-tax, anti-regulation, anti-union, pro-corporation, pro-rich theory of governing to the federal government wrecked the economy and left President Obama with a country headed in the direction of a second "Great Depression." You call that living in reality? The truth is that you conservative Republicans live in an altered state of reality in which facts, science and mathematics cease to exist, a reality based on Rush Limbaugh talking points. Unbelievable.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.