JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

remove these banner ads by becoming a JUB Supporter.

Page 1 of 6 12 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 251
  1. #1
    JUB Addict Lestatnj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Holbrook
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    28,728

    Code of Conduct

    5 Nations Condemn Israel's Settlement" Plan

    I've always considered myself more understaning of Israel's side. Their right to exist shouldn't be a question mark. BUT, I really believe Netanyahu is dangerous, & does really stupid things, like this.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/04/wo...lans.html?_r=0

  2. #2
    JUB Addict Lostlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    United States
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    10,286

    Code of Conduct

    Re: 5 Nations Condemn Israel's Settlement" Plan

    It's a shame we weren't one of them.
    "Rarely do we find men who willingly engage in hard solid thinking. There is an almost universal quest for easy answers and half-baked solutions. Nothing pains some people more than having to think.'' - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

  3. #3
    FEAR THE LIBERAL DETENTE! TX-Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Austin
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    8,550

    Code of Conduct

    Re: 5 Nations Condemn Israel's Settlement" Plan

    Well that is the problem isn't it, it's not Israel that looks like it's going to get wiped off the map.

    I personally have no horse in this race, but I have to say, it certainly looks like there is no solution except that one side or the other gets wiped off the map.

    And that is everyone's fault.
    ATTACK OF THE LIBERAL ELITE

  4. #4

    Re: 5 Nations Condemn Israel's Settlement" Plan

    yes..............................

  5. #5
    Sex God Mariatenebre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Transexual Female
    Orientation
    Straight
    Posts
    950

    Code of Conduct

    Re: 5 Nations Condemn Israel's Settlement" Plan

    Honestly I am going to say this. ANYONE who supports Palestine and Hamas is a sexist, Jew hating, homophobe. They should be as lambasted as the people who supported Nazi Germany, North Korea or any other third world despotism. Remember Liberal Pally loves especially gay ones that everytime a Muslim Pally blows himself up killing many, brutally kills a Jew, cuts a gay person's face off etc that it is you that support them and by supporting them you cosign to their behavior.

    {Text removed by moderator}
    Last edited by jackoroe; December 4th, 2012 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Advocating violence.

  6. #6
    The Mother of Loki Laufey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Reykjavik, Iceland
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,749

    Code of Conduct

    Re: 5 Nations Condemn Israel's Settlement" Plan

    There were protests here the other day with people demanding that we cut relations with Israel.

    Since we don't have an Israeli embassy here the protests were in front of the US embassy

    I think the government is actually looking into it. We were the first western country to recognize Palestine as a country.

  7. #7
    Sex God Mariatenebre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Transexual Female
    Orientation
    Straight
    Posts
    950

    Code of Conduct

    Re: 5 Nations Condemn Israel's Settlement" Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    [Quoted Post: Removed by Moderator]
    I only respect the existence of civilized nations. Hellholes do not deserve to exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Geiri85 View Post
    There were protests here the other day with people demanding that we cut relations with Israel.

    Since we don't have an Israeli embassy here the protests were in front of the US embassy

    I think the government is actually looking into it. We were the first western country to recognize Palestine as a country.
    Yes your nation recognized the people who cut gay people's faces off and who butcher civilians as a counry.

    You would cut off relations with a civilized, secular democracy but pal around with brutal, savage theocrats.

    My Liberalism is nice, I guess any terrorist junta can now be a legitimate country
    Last edited by opinterph; December 4th, 2012 at 05:26 PM. Reason: removed verbiage quoted from another poster

  8. #8
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,752

    Code of Conduct

    Re: 5 Nations Condemn Israel's Settlement" Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Mariatenebre View Post
    [Quoted Post: Removed by Moderator]
    And you believe Israel's policies play absolutely no role in fueling Palestinian extremism?
    Last edited by opinterph; December 4th, 2012 at 07:44 PM. Reason: removed verbiage quoted from another poster

  9. #9
    Sex God Mariatenebre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Transexual Female
    Orientation
    Straight
    Posts
    950

    Code of Conduct

    Re: 5 Nations Condemn Israel's Settlement" Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    And you believe Israel's policies play absolutely no role in fueling Palestinian extremism?
    Israel has if anything been too nice to Palestine. They have tried to make peace numerous times with them and have sent countless aid there. The Palestinians take any grain of kindness as a weakness that they can exploit. No matter how nice Israel is to the Pallys (and they have been very nice) the Palestinians want blood and genocide. You can't be nice to extremists. All that does is embolden them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Geiri85 View Post
    [Quoted Post: Removed by Moderator]
    [Text: Removed by Moderator]
    Last edited by opinterph; December 4th, 2012 at 05:22 PM. Reason: removed verbiage quoted from another poster; removed interpersonal baiting remarks

  10. #10
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,752

    Code of Conduct

    Re: 5 Nations Condemn Israel's Settlement" Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Mariatenebre View Post
    Israel has if anything been too nice to Palestine. They have tried to make peace numerous times with them and have sent countless aid there. The Palestinians take any grain of kindness as a weakness that they can exploit. No matter how nice Israel is to the Pallys (and they have been very nice) the Palestinians want blood and genocide. You can't be nice to extremists. All that does is embolden them.


    [Text: Removed by Moderator]
    This is why no one will be capable of having a rational discussion with you on the topic. If what we've seen is Israel being "too nice" I have no idea what you think "moderate" or "extreme" would be, but it sounds like you'd approve it no matter what was involved.
    Last edited by opinterph; December 4th, 2012 at 05:21 PM. Reason: removed verbiage quoted from another poster

  11. #11
    JUB Addict JohnnyAnger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    1,548
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: 5 Nations Condemn Israel's Settlement" Plan

    Israel has been to nice?

    I guess they being super nice when they shit all over the Oslo Agreement, when they refuse to allow people to live a free life without questions on their movements, when they drop bombs in massively populated areas a say it was a targeted strike?

    Yes, we would all love Palestine to be a peace loving state that respects the rights to all to exist, but they can and will only do this when they are given the right to exist for themselves.

    "You take my water, burn my olive trees, destroy my house, take my job, steal my land, imprison my father, kill my mother, bombard my country, starve us all, humiliate us all, but I am to blame: I shot a rocket back.” Real effing nice

  12. #12

    Re: 5 Nations Condemn Israel's Settlement" Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Mariatenebre View Post
    Israel has if anything been too nice to Palestine. They have tried to make peace numerous times with them and have sent countless aid there. The Palestinians take any grain of kindness as a weakness that they can exploit. No matter how nice Israel is to the Pallys (and they have been very nice) the Palestinians want blood and genocide. You can't be nice to extremists. All that does is embolden them.


    [Text: Removed by Moderator]
    Significant percentages of the Israeli public would disagree with you that Israel has been too nice to Palestinians. You are thinking about this problem without any analytical coherence.

    I strongly support the State of Israel and a two state solution. I think much of the criticism of Israel is animated by anti-semitism. Nevertheless, I think Netanyahu is a dangerous, self-serving egomaniac who is harming Israel and it's relations with its allies. The latest announcement of new housing in the West Bank helps Netanyahu in his re-election bid because it solidifies his support among the right wing of the Israeli public.

    By the way, what do you think the base of the religious parties' of Israel think about the rights of gays and lesbians. Have you been to Israel. The are neighborhoods in Jerusalem where a woman would be spit or have rocks thrown at her if she didn't have sleeves down to her wrists. How do you think they'd react to two men kissing or holding hands on the street? That is who Netanyahu is trying to curry favor with. Gays will always fare better in Israel than in Muslim countries. But no thanks to Netanyahu and his religious right allies.
    Last edited by opinterph; December 4th, 2012 at 05:20 PM. Reason: removed verbiage quoted from another poster

  13. #13
    JUB Addict JohnnyAnger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    1,548
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: 5 Nations Condemn Israel's Settlement" Plan

    I really fear that Israel is going to dig itself further and further into this right wing position as the ground swell of nations are coming around to the idea of Palestine as a independent nation.

    I do worry that many will see criticism of Israel as anti-Semitic, I may not have shown it much on here yet but I am an antifa and have been involved in fighting antisemitism as much as possible. I mean I am of Jewish decent.

    I do really hope we can head towards peace and co-existence soon. I do believe in a one state solution, but in the PFLP sense, and I that workers of both "nations" will rise to create a worker state.

  14. #14
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,752

    Code of Conduct

    Re: 5 Nations Condemn Israel's Settlement" Plan

    I don't think Israel gives one hoot about how it damages relations with its allies so long as it is secure in the fact that the U.S. is much too intertwined with its interests to divest.

    My entire life, it has seemed to me like Israel has done absolutely whatever it wanted, even ignoring what the U.S. says unless its actions would really provoke us to rethink our relationship. And it would take a LOT to do that because money speaks louder than actions.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Seattle
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    7,196
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: 5 Nations Condemn Israel's Settlement" Plan

    I think it's odd nations like France would condemn it? What's it to them? Like saying Solomon Islands condemns Iceland's fishing treaties....totally off the wall.

  16. #16
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,752

    Code of Conduct

    Re: 5 Nations Condemn Israel's Settlement" Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyAnger View Post
    I really fear that Israel is going to dig itself further and further into this right wing position as the ground swell of nations are coming around to the idea of Palestine as a independent nation.

    I do worry that many will see criticism of Israel as anti-Semitic, I may not have shown it much on here yet but I am an antifa and have been involved in fighting antisemitism as much as possible. I mean I am of Jewish decent.

    I do really hope we can head towards peace and co-existence soon. I do believe in a one state solution, but in the PFLP sense, and I that workers of both "nations" will rise to create a worker state.
    I differ somewhat from Palemale in that I do NOT believe that most of the opposition to Israeli policies are anti-semitic. It's easy to dig up groups that hate Jews and of course they're going to hate Israel too. But that's quite different from saying much or most of the opposition to the things Israel does as a nation just steeps out of people hating Jews.

    The real test would be to take a given thing Israel has done... whether it was bombing Lybia and utterly wrecking its airport or bulldozing Palestinian houses, and picture any first world country doing that to its neighbor-- who would be defending it?

  17. #17
    FEAR THE LIBERAL DETENTE! TX-Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Austin
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    8,550

    Code of Conduct

    Re: 5 Nations Condemn Israel's Settlement" Plan

    The assigning of blame is utterly pointless. Both sides have done reprehensible shit - yes the Israelis were perfectly fine with terrorism when they were using it targeting the British - yes Hamas is an evil cabal of power mad zealots, where does all that righteous indignation get you?

    Nowhere. Maria doesn't want to talk about extreme Jews and Christians and Muslims hating gays in exactly the same way for exactly the same reasons - pro-Palestine doesn't want to talk about terrorism - pro Israel doesn't want to talk about what amounts to indirect ethnic cleansing - because everyone thinks they are justified because the other side is worse.

    It's like the fourth grade, and if there are people who think that criticizing Israel the nation state in the middle east means hating anyone who is ethnically Jewish living in NYC - they need to just grow the fuck up.
    ATTACK OF THE LIBERAL ELITE

  18. #18
    Slut
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    289

    Code of Conduct

    Re: 5 Nations Condemn Israel's Settlement" Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyAnger View Post
    I do worry that many will see criticism of Israel as anti-Semitic
    If criticism of Israel is seen as anti-semitic, then we can just dismiss criticism of Palestine as Islamophobia.

  19. #19
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    103,518
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: 5 Nations Condemn Israel's Settlement" Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    This is why no one will be capable of having a rational discussion with you on the topic. If what we've seen is Israel being "too nice" I have no idea what you think "moderate" or "extreme" would be, but it sounds like you'd approve it no matter what was involved.
    Extreme would be lining up armored bulldozers backed by tanks and shoving all of Gaza into Egypt.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  20. #20
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,752

    Code of Conduct

    Re: 5 Nations Condemn Israel's Settlement" Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    Extreme would be lining up armored bulldozers backed by tanks and shoving all of Gaza into Egypt.
    And there would certainly be people here who'd approve that from the looks of it, but, there'd be no point having a rational discussion about it with them. :/

  21. #21

    Re: 5 Nations Condemn Israel's Settlement" Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    I differ somewhat from Palemale in that I do NOT believe that most of the opposition to Israeli policies are anti-semitic. It's easy to dig up groups that hate Jews and of course they're going to hate Israel too. But that's quite different from saying much or most of the opposition to the things Israel does as a nation just steeps out of people hating Jews.

    The real test would be to take a given thing Israel has done... whether it was bombing Lybia and utterly wrecking its airport or bulldozing Palestinian houses, and picture any first world country doing that to its neighbor-- who would be defending it?
    The UK never received near universal condemnation for it's rule in Northern Ireland, and they committed some pretty grotesque, anti-democratic acts there. How much condemnation has Russia received for its aggression against Georgia? How about China's continued annexation of Tibet? The difference is that Britain, Russia and China are powerful countries, and they are not run by an ethnic group that has historically suffered persecution in nearly every country that they have lived.

    I did say much, not most, criticism of Israel reflects anti-Semitic attitudes. I didn't mean to imply that most criticism fell into that category.

  22. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Seattle
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    7,196
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: 5 Nations Condemn Israel's Settlement" Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by palemale View Post
    The UK never received near universal condemnation for it's rule in Northern Ireland, and they committed some pretty grotesque, anti-democratic acts there. How much condemnation has Russia received for its aggression against Georgia? How about China's continued annexation of Tibet? The difference is that Britain, Russia and China are powerful countries, and they are not run by an ethnic group that has historically suffered persecution in nearly every country that they have lived.

    I did say much, not most, criticism of Israel reflects anti-Semitic attitudes. I didn't mean to imply that most criticism fell into that category.
    Ulster is a province...what are u talking about "grotesque" acts committed there? It was a security issue and what was done had to be done mostly to restore order from the act of IRA troublemakers and other elements like the criminal murderous Sinn Féin led by thug adams.. Why would the UK be condemned for that? Simply no comparison and not on a level with the Palestinian issue.

  23. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    3,171

    Code of Conduct

    Re: 5 Nations Condemn Israel's Settlement" Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    Extreme would be lining up armored bulldozers backed by tanks and shoving all of Gaza into Egypt.
    What a good idea.

  24. #24
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,752

    Code of Conduct

    Re: 5 Nations Condemn Israel's Settlement" Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryReardon View Post
    What a good idea.
    Case in point lol.

    For all the discussion of Israel - antisemitism, there's a fantastic amount of pure zealotry with absolutely no proportion, objectivity or critical thought of any kind on the pro-Israel side that doesn't get anywhere near as much airtime as it ought.

  25. #25
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    103,518
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: 5 Nations Condemn Israel's Settlement" Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    Case in point lol.

    For all the discussion of Israel - antisemitism, there's a fantastic amount of pure zealotry with absolutely no proportion, objectivity or critical thought of any kind on the pro-Israel side that doesn't get anywhere near as much airtime as it ought.
    LOL

    The badly misnamed Reardon chimed in like flies drawn to a trash can.

    My closest proposal to actually doing that would be to make a deal with Egypt to build new, better housing for all the Gazans in the Sinai plus a $5k credit card to order things for those houses, with of course free moving.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  26. #26
    Sex God Mariatenebre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Transexual Female
    Orientation
    Straight
    Posts
    950

    Code of Conduct

    Re: 5 Nations Condemn Israel's Settlement" Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyAnger View Post
    Israel has been to nice?

    I guess they being super nice when they shit all over the Oslo Agreement, when they refuse to allow people to live a free life without questions on their movements, when they drop bombs in massively populated areas a say it was a targeted strike?

    Yes, we would all love Palestine to be a peace loving state that respects the rights to all to exist, but they can and will only do this when they are given the right to exist for themselves.

    "You take my water, burn my olive trees, destroy my house, take my job, steal my land, imprison my father, kill my mother, bombard my country, starve us all, humiliate us all, but I am to blame: I shot a rocket back.” Real effing nice
    The Israelis must occupy the Palestinians because of the fact that the Palestinians want their destruction and have allowed Palestininans to live free in Israel. They can not let terrorists live free though. Also the reason they have to drop bombs in populated areas is because Hamas uses heavily populated areas as shields trying to play on the Israelis compassion. They use their own civilians as shileds.

    Next Israel has been willing time and time again to make peace with Palestine and give them their own state but the Palestinians reject this because they want the destruction of Israel and all Jews. Plus the Israelis try hard not to kill civilians where as the Palestinans revel in killing civilians.

    On your next assertion the reason that your quote fails is because the reason the Israelis are taking land from the Palestinians is because they have from day one tried to destroy Israel. Israel has also not starved them either. Hamas does that because Israel has sent numerous aid and support there all to have it hijacked by Hamas plus as I mentioned the Israelis unlike Hamas try to to kill mothers, fathers and children and only imprison those who deserve it. The Palestinians are to blame because they have started this fight from day one. Israel is merely trying to defend itself. As I mentioned before the Palestinians have no right to this land. It was land previously owned by foreign rulers and it was only when they were under Jewish rule did the Muslims have a problem. Israel has been too nice by sending aid to Palestine and trying peace whenever they can. However Hamas clearly does not want peace and never have from the beginning. It is these terrorists who are at fault for shooting rockets and civilians, using their own civilians as shields and for over all being terrorist aggressors. However your Liberal Islamophilia makes you side with the gay murderoring, Nazi terrorist aggressors over the only free, secular and democratic country in the Middle East. Everytime a Pally commits a terrorist act or cuts the faces off a gay person I am sure they think of their useful liberals who support their terrorist junta.
    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    This is why no one will be capable of having a rational discussion with you on the topic. If what we've seen is Israel being "too nice" I have no idea what you think "moderate" or "extreme" would be, but it sounds like you'd approve it no matter what was involved.
    Moderate is what Israel is doing. Being firm with the Palestinians but also trying for peace. Extreme would be something like genocide. I do not approve of all of Israel's actions but [Text: Removed by Moderator] I don't side with the people who would torture and murder me.
    Quote Originally Posted by palemale View Post
    Significant percentages of the Israeli public would disagree with you that Israel has been too nice to Palestinians. You are thinking about this problem without any analytical coherence.

    I strongly support the State of Israel and a two state solution. I think much of the criticism of Israel is animated by anti-semitism. Nevertheless, I think Netanyahu is a dangerous, self-serving egomaniac who is harming Israel and it's relations with its allies. The latest announcement of new housing in the West Bank helps Netanyahu in his re-election bid because it solidifies his support among the right wing of the Israeli public.

    By the way, what do you think the base of the religious parties' of Israel think about the rights of gays and lesbians. Have you been to Israel. The are neighborhoods in Jerusalem where a woman would be spit or have rocks thrown at her if she didn't have sleeves down to her wrists. How do you think they'd react to two men kissing or holding hands on the street? That is who Netanyahu is trying to curry favor with. Gays will always fare better in Israel than in Muslim countries. But no thanks to Netanyahu and his religious right allies.
    I am aware that there is hatred against religious Jews against women and gays. Judaism like Christianity and Islam are sexist, homophobic, racist and barbaric religions. However Israel is a secular, democratic and free country. It is not ruled by Jewish law anymore then the US is ruled by Christian law in spite of some right wingers who wish to change that.

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyAnger View Post
    I really fear that Israel is going to dig itself further and further into this right wing position as the ground swell of nations are coming around to the idea of Palestine as a independent nation.

    I do worry that many will see criticism of Israel as anti-Semitic, I may not have shown it much on here yet but I am an antifa and have been involved in fighting antisemitism as much as possible. I mean I am of Jewish decent.

    I do really hope we can head towards peace and co-existence soon. I do believe in a one state solution, but in the PFLP sense, and I that workers of both "nations" will rise to create a worker state.
    Yeah you are an anti fa and yet you support fascist Hamas in their anti semitism. It seems like most Liberals fascism and anti semitism are suddenly OK when it comes from Muslims. Hell you were ignorant about the Palestinian hatred of gays!
    Last edited by opinterph; December 5th, 2012 at 02:46 PM. Reason: removed generalized baiting remark

  27. #27
    Sex God Mariatenebre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Transexual Female
    Orientation
    Straight
    Posts
    950

    Code of Conduct

    Re: 5 Nations Condemn Israel's Settlement" Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by TX-Beau View Post
    The assigning of blame is utterly pointless. Both sides have done reprehensible shit - yes the Israelis were perfectly fine with terrorism when they were using it targeting the British - yes Hamas is an evil cabal of power mad zealots, where does all that righteous indignation get you?

    Nowhere. Maria doesn't want to talk about extreme Jews and Christians and Muslims hating gays in exactly the same way for exactly the same reasons - pro-Palestine doesn't want to talk about terrorism - pro Israel doesn't want to talk about what amounts to indirect ethnic cleansing - because everyone thinks they are justified because the other side is worse.

    It's like the fourth grade, and if there are people who think that criticizing Israel the nation state in the middle east means hating anyone who is ethnically Jewish living in NYC - they need to just grow the fuck up.
    I have always acknowledged that Christians and Jews hate gays as well. Remember I am a Pagan and anti Abrahamic. However I also know that Israel is not ran by Jewish law. However I do realized that Islam is a violent and cruel religion.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustMe5 View Post
    If criticism of Israel is seen as anti-semitic, then we can just dismiss criticism of Palestine as Islamophobia.
    First of all Islamophobia does not exist. It is a false dichotomy. A religion that is homophobic has no right to claim a special phobia for themselves. It is not wrong to hate bigoted ideologies. Islamophobia is as stupid a word as Christophobia, Naziphobia or Communistphobia. It is perfectly acceptable and normal to hate evil ideologies. However much of the criticism of Israel and support of Palestine is anti semetic. For to support an anti semetic state makes one anti semetic.

  28. #28
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,752

    Code of Conduct

    Re: 5 Nations Condemn Israel's Settlement" Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Mariatenebre View Post
    I have always acknowledged that Christians and Jews hate gays as well. Remember I am a Pagan and anti Abrahamic. However I also know that Israel is not ran by Jewish law. However I do realized that Islam is a violent and cruel religion.


    First of all Islamophobia does not exist. It is a false dichotomy. A religion that is homophobic has no right to claim a special phobia for themselves. It is not wrong to hate bigoted ideologies. Islamophobia is as stupid a word as Christophobia, Naziphobia or Communistphobia. It is perfectly acceptable and normal to hate evil ideologies. However much of the criticism of Israel and support of Palestine is anti semetic. For to support an anti semetic state makes one anti semetic.
    Oh this point you are definitely dead wrong. The rest is a bunch of extremely biased opinion that I will not try to dissuade you from because I can see it would be pointless. But if you have any Muslim friends (it sounds extremely clear you don't) and you see the way they get treated at an airport or security checkpoint, the concept that there isn't Islamophobia will disappear. Even just being of a Middle Eastern background is sufficient, regardless of religious status.

    My sister's good friend (who is Persian) went to grad school in the same part of CA where I was in school, and we took the same flight back after a holiday one time. She's American born, American raised, etc. Not only was her security process about 25 minutes longer than mine but they dismantled and destroyed-- destroyed--- her cellphone. I mean I guess in case she was planning on blowing us up with some type of explosive in her phone I guess? Who knows. She was pretty much silent the entire flight after that. And that was one incident. I can't imagine that sort of experience being your normal, everyday life on a daily basis.

    Just an anecdote, of course. But the concept that people don't look at Middle Eastern people and begin making assumptions about religion (Muslim) and danger (terrorism) is false. It does happen. Paint Palestinians all you like as dangerous Jew-hating people who want to destroy Israel and 'deserve' to be under a firm Israeli iron fist if that's what you like, but you kid yourself that Islamophobia hits only extremists, only terrorists, only radicals, or only Palestinians.

  29. #29
    FEAR THE LIBERAL DETENTE! TX-Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Austin
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    8,550

    Code of Conduct

    Re: 5 Nations Condemn Israel's Settlement" Plan

    The majority of Muslims aren't even Arab.
    ATTACK OF THE LIBERAL ELITE

  30. #30
    Sex God Mariatenebre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Transexual Female
    Orientation
    Straight
    Posts
    950

    Code of Conduct

    Re: 5 Nations Condemn Israel's Settlement" Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    Oh this point you are definitely dead wrong. The rest is a bunch of extremely biased opinion that I will not try to dissuade you from because I can see it would be pointless. But if you have any Muslim friends (it sounds extremely clear you don't) and you see the way they get treated at an airport or security checkpoint, the concept that there isn't Islamophobia will disappear. Even just being of a Middle Eastern background is sufficient, regardless of religious status.

    My sister's good friend (who is Persian) went to grad school in the same part of CA where I was in school, and we took the same flight back after a holiday one time. She's American born, American raised, etc. Not only was her security process about 25 minutes longer than mine but they dismantled and destroyed-- destroyed--- her cellphone. I mean I guess in case she was planning on blowing us up with some type of explosive in her phone I guess? Who knows. She was pretty much silent the entire flight after that. And that was one incident. I can't imagine that sort of experience being your normal, everyday life on a daily basis.

    Just an anecdote, of course. But the concept that people don't look at Middle Eastern people and begin making assumptions about religion (Muslim) and danger (terrorism) is false. It does happen. Paint Palestinians all you like as dangerous Jew-hating people who want to destroy Israel and 'deserve' to be under a firm Israeli iron fist if that's what you like, but you kid yourself that Islamophobia hits only extremists, only terrorists, only radicals, or only Palestinians.
    I am actually fine with people profiling people based on the ideologies they hold. Islam is a terrorist religion so therefore adherents of this religion should be held to scruteny. Just like dealing with Nazis, Communists, believing Christians etc. Your ideology is not a trait you are born with but rather is a code of ethics that determines your morality as well as what actions are deemed acceptable. Now I am against racial profiling because unlike religious or ideological profiling your race or nationality does not determine your ethics but rather is merely the ethnic group you belong to. Besides you don't see Christian, Jewish, Hindu, Buddhist, Pagan, Atheist Arabs or Persians etc blowing themselves up or doing very many terrorist attacks.

    Over all while there is discrimination against Muslims and discrimination against the races of some Muslims. Over all Muslims are catered to. Many companies and places serve Halal only food, in some parts of Europe there are Muslim only days at pools, and some places even deny free speech by criminalizing negative speech against Islam.

    Also I do not think that all Palestinians are radical Muslims or Jew haters. However Palestine is most certainly a radical Muslim controlled area and Jew hating is sanctioned.
    Quote Originally Posted by TX-Beau View Post
    The majority of Muslims aren't even Arab.
    This is true, the majority of of Muslims are South Asians. However Islam does support Arab superiority in the Hadith.
    Last edited by Mariatenebre; December 4th, 2012 at 09:55 PM.

  31. #31
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,752

    Code of Conduct

    Re: 5 Nations Condemn Israel's Settlement" Plan

    Believing Christians and Communists are not subjected to any special scrutiny of any kind when travelling or entering public places or anything else. Nor are Nazis though I don't know how you'd tell ANY of these categories by looking at someone.

    As far as I'm concerned you hacksawed the legs off your own moral high horse when you basically blathered at us all calling us self-hating gays for not condemning Palestine when you then defend racial profiling.

    Have a nice day.

  32. #32
    FEAR THE LIBERAL DETENTE! TX-Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Austin
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    8,550

    Code of Conduct

    Re: 5 Nations Condemn Israel's Settlement" Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Mariatenebre View Post
    I am actually fine with people profiling people based on the ideologies they hold....
    Which is the lovely standard employed by the Spanish Inquisition - you're in some fine company with that philosophy - we don't persecute you for what you DO, we persecute you for WHAT YOU BELIEVE!

    CRUSADE!!!!!!!!!
    ATTACK OF THE LIBERAL ELITE

  33. #33
    Sex God Mariatenebre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Transexual Female
    Orientation
    Straight
    Posts
    950

    Code of Conduct

    Re: 5 Nations Condemn Israel's Settlement" Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    Believing Christians and Communists are not subjected to any special scrutiny of any kind when travelling or entering public places or anything else. Nor are Nazis though I don't know how you'd tell ANY of these categories by looking at someone.

    As far as I'm concerned you hacksawed the legs off your own moral high horse when you basically blathered at us all calling us self-hating gays for not condemning Palestine when you then defend racial profiling.

    Have a nice day.
    What the Hell, I never defended racial profiling. If you read my post you can see that I am against racial profiling but for ideological profiling.

    Which might I add I think that Communists and Nazis as well as believing Christians should be subjugated to these things as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by TX-Beau View Post
    Which is the lovely standard employed by the Spanish Inquisition - you're in some fine company with that philosophy - we don't persecute you for what you DO, we persecute you for WHAT YOU BELIEVE!

    CRUSADE!!!!!!!!!
    I am not wanting Muslims killed for the views they hold as the Spanish did. However I certainly hold that we should when it comes to security profile people based on their ideological preferences. If someone is a Nazi and say a a Stormfront member who openly supports murdering non whites and supports white supremacist terrorists such as David Lane or Matt Hale then I fully support profiling this person. Likewise with the extreme beliefs in Islam people should take special care in dealing with Muslims especially those who may appear moderate but have links to terrorist organizations. Islam is more then a religion, it is a political ideology similar to Communism or Nazism. If a person believes in fighting against disbelievers where ever you find them as the Quran tells them then that person is a security risk. I am not saying that we should persecute them, murder them or hurt them, however we should be keen on what their ideology says and the actions that said religion mandates. You would not have a problem if Neo Nazis were profiled for their beliefs. So there fore why do you object when Islam is done the same by it's adherents. Islam is a threat to all of the world and the Quran, Hadith and Mohammad encouraged Muslims to conquer the world for Allah. Now while note every Muslim believes in these things just like every Nazi dosen't believe in violence there are many who do and our security should be aware of this. Give Muslims equal rights and freedoms, I am fine with that. However also realize the evil things that Islam advocates and remember this when dealing with Islam's adherents.
    Last edited by Mariatenebre; December 4th, 2012 at 10:53 PM.

  34. #34
    FEAR THE LIBERAL DETENTE! TX-Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Austin
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    8,550

    Code of Conduct

    Re: 5 Nations Condemn Israel's Settlement" Plan

    Don't project that crazy on the rest of us, it belongs to you. Neo-Nazis may be ignorant asshats, but until THEY COMMIT A CRIME, it's not illegal to be and ignorant asshat. In the world you would make, the GOV would be keeping files of the "profiled," legally, and people would be informing on their neighbors because they're Catholic.

    And once we grant the government this kind of power and accept that ugly philosophy, who gets to say what's an extreme belief?

    Because it won't be you. You'd find yourself swiftly on the list of the profiled.

    What you're saying is inherently repressive, and is a time honored tool of the fascist state.

    If you can't see that, you are seriously myopic about your own prejudices - just like a fascist.
    ATTACK OF THE LIBERAL ELITE

  35. #35
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,752

    Code of Conduct

    Re: 5 Nations Condemn Israel's Settlement" Plan

    You're going to profile Muslims "but not by racial profiling." HMM.

    How do you propose to do that? Maybe make them wear a Muslim emblem on their clothing?

    Does that remind you of anything?

  36. #36
    Sex God Mariatenebre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Transexual Female
    Orientation
    Straight
    Posts
    950

    Code of Conduct

    Re: 5 Nations Condemn Israel's Settlement" Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by TX-Beau View Post
    Don't project that crazy on the rest of us, it belongs to you. Neo-Nazis may be ignorant asshats, but until THEY COMMIT A CRIME, it's not illegal to be and ignorant asshat. In the world you would make, the GOV would be keeping files of the "profiled," legally, and people would be informing on their neighbors because they're Catholic.

    And once we grant the government this kind of power and accept that ugly philosophy, who gets to say what's an extreme belief?

    Because it won't be you. You'd find yourself swiftly on the list of the profiled.

    What you're saying is inherently repressive, and is a time honored tool of the fascist state.

    If you can't see that, you are seriously myopic about your own prejudices - just like a fascist.
    I don't want to make it illegal to be a ignorant asshat but ignorant asshats who advocate violence are a special kind of asshat. These asshats become potential risks for if they decide to enact their ideas then many lives will be lost. The only criteria for an extreme belief is simple. Does your ideology advocate violence against innocent civilians. You can have weird or fucked up ideas but as soon as you start advocating death and destruction then there is a problem.

    Also I don't know if you are aware but the government keeps tabs on Neo Nazi groups all of the time. In fact Neo Nazis are notoriously paranoid of cops. Hell that is how Matt Hale was cought. He was profiled and they used a police informant to get him to admit his crimes. The government keeps tabs on alot of extremist groups.

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    You're going to profile Muslims "but not by racial profiling." HMM.

    How do you propose to do that? Maybe make them wear a Muslim emblem on their clothing?

    Does that remind you of anything?
    No I don't want them to wear a Muslim emblem on their clothing or be discriminated in anyway. However when it comes to security procedures Muslims should be checked to see if they hold the radical views expressed in their religion. If they do not then they should have no problem and be treated well. However we need to realize that Islam advocates many ghastly things. So when dealing with members of this religion we need to make sure that they don't believe or will not follow the evil commands of this religion. You still haven't answered my question though. Would you not agree that a Neo Nazi who believes in a violent overthrow of the United States and who openly support white supremacist terrorists is a security risk. Then if a Muslim believes in a violent overthrowing of the government and supports Islamic terrorists then we need to be aware of this.
    Last edited by Mariatenebre; December 4th, 2012 at 11:17 PM.

  37. #37
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    103,518
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: 5 Nations Condemn Israel's Settlement" Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by TX-Beau View Post
    Don't project that crazy on the rest of us, it belongs to you. Neo-Nazis may be ignorant asshats, but until THEY COMMIT A CRIME, it's not illegal to be and ignorant asshat. In the world you would make, the GOV would be keeping files of the "profiled," legally, and people would be informing on their neighbors because they're Catholic.

    And once we grant the government this kind of power and accept that ugly philosophy, who gets to say what's an extreme belief?

    Because it won't be you. You'd find yourself swiftly on the list of the profiled.

    What you're saying is inherently repressive, and is a time honored tool of the fascist state.

    If you can't see that, you are seriously myopic about your own prejudices - just like a fascist.
    She probably wants a state where the head is an absolute autocrat -- you know, like Ramses.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  38. #38
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    103,518
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: 5 Nations Condemn Israel's Settlement" Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Mariatenebre View Post
    I don't want to make it illegal to be a ignorant asshat but ignorant asshats who advocate violence are a special kind of asshat. These asshats become potential risks for if they decide to enact their ideas then many lives will be lost. The only criteria for an extreme belief is simple. Does your ideology advocate violence against innocent civilians. You can have weird or fucked up ideas but as soon as you start advocating death and destruction then there is a problem.

    Also I don't know if you are aware but the government keeps tabs on Neo Nazi groups all of the time. In fact Neo Nazis are notoriously paranoid of cops. Hell that is how Matt Hale was cought. He was profiled and they used a police informant to get him to admit his crimes. The government keeps tabs on alot of extremist groups.
    Seems you'd be caught in your own roundup -- you advocate a lot of violence.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  39. #39
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,752

    Code of Conduct

    Re: 5 Nations Condemn Israel's Settlement" Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Mariatenebre View Post
    I don't want to make it illegal to be a ignorant asshat but ignorant asshats who advocate violence are a special kind of asshat.
    We have a word for them, they're called terrorists.

    You catch them with intelligence networks and good police work, not by stopping every single person from an entire region of the world and strip searching them.

    Perhaps you believe the U.S. airport security system (which has repeatedly been proven ineffective and wasteful) applied larger and grander on a global scale is the correct solution?

  40. #40
    Sex God Mariatenebre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Transexual Female
    Orientation
    Straight
    Posts
    950

    Code of Conduct

    Re: 5 Nations Condemn Israel's Settlement" Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    Seems you'd be caught in your own roundup -- you advocate a lot of violence.
    I don't support violence against anyone except those that commit violence and hurt other people. You will never hear me say even about groups I despise that they should be murdered or killed. There is a difference to wanting to stop people who are committing violence and put them away and advocating violence against innocent civilians. I have never advocated such thing.

  41. #41
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,752

    Code of Conduct

    Re: 5 Nations Condemn Israel's Settlement" Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Mariatenebre View Post
    I don't support violence against anyone except those that commit violence and hurt other people. You will never hear me say even about groups I despise that they should be murdered or killed. There is a difference to wanting to stop people who are committing violence and put them away and advocating violence against innocent civilians. I have never advocated such thing.
    The problem is that virtually every indication you've given in this discussion is that you believe all of Islam is hateful and violent so... what is your proposed solution?

  42. #42
    FEAR THE LIBERAL DETENTE! TX-Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Austin
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    8,550

    Code of Conduct

    Re: 5 Nations Condemn Israel's Settlement" Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Mariatenebre View Post
    I don't want to make it illegal to be a ignorant asshat but ignorant asshats who advocate violence are a special kind of asshat. These asshats become potential risks for if they decide to enact their ideas then many lives will be lost. The only criteria for an extreme belief is simple. Does your ideology advocate violence against innocent civilians. You can have weird or fucked up ideas but as soon as you start advocating death and destruction then there is a problem.

    Also I don't know if you are aware but the government keeps tabs on Neo Nazi groups all of the time. In fact Neo Nazis are notoriously paranoid of cops. Hell that is how Matt Hale was cought. He was profiled and they used a police informant to get him to admit his crimes. The government keeps tabs on alot of extremist groups.



    No I don't want them to wear a Muslim emblem on their clothing or be discriminated in anyway. However when it comes to security procedures Muslims should be checked to see if they hold the radical views expressed in their religion. If they do not then they should have no problem and be treated well. However we need to realize that Islam advocates many ghastly things. So when dealing with members of this religion we need to make sure that they don't believe or will not follow the evil commands of this religion. You still haven't answered my question though. Would you not agree that a Neo Nazi who believes in a violent overthrow of the United States and who openly support white supremacist terrorists is a security risk. Then if a Muslim believes in a violent overthrowing of the government and supports Islamic terrorists then we need to be aware of this.
    HA I did answer your question, you are now trying to qualify the terms to make it look impossible to disagree - or perhaps to convince yourself that other people are intractable and unreasonable, whatever. Fuck that. You're proposing a fundamental violation of people's civil liberties, because you don't like their beliefs.

    Hate speech that incites to various things is already illegal - and that's applied no matter your beliefs (or is supposed to be.) But first you have to DO SOMETHING, and in this country at least you are not under legally sanctioned suspicion of guilt for DOING NOTHING just because Maria doesn't like you.

    Which is why we aren't them, no matter how much you want us to be.
    ATTACK OF THE LIBERAL ELITE

  43. #43
    Sex God Mariatenebre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Transexual Female
    Orientation
    Straight
    Posts
    950

    Code of Conduct

    Re: 5 Nations Condemn Israel's Settlement" Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    She probably wants a state where the head is an absolute autocrat -- you know, like Ramses.
    While I liked Ramses 2 I do not want an autocract. I want a democracy. However I want us to know the people we are dealing with.
    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    We have a word for them, they're called terrorists.

    You catch them with intelligence networks and good police work, not by stopping every single person from an entire region of the world and strip searching them.

    Perhaps you believe the U.S. airport security system (which has repeatedly been proven ineffective and wasteful) applied larger and grander on a global scale is the correct solution?
    And people who support terrorism and are part of an ideology that advocates terrorism could be potential threats.

    What I think that should happen when dealing with adherents of groups that promote violence is merely in situations of secuity by searching this person's background and seeing if they are affiliated with any groups that promote terror or support the terrorist mandates in their ideology. We should not hurt them or be unjust with them. However we should know who we are dealing with.
    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    The problem is that virtually every indication you've given in this discussion is that you believe all of Islam is hateful and violent so... what is your proposed solution?
    Islam is a hateful and violent religion, so is Christianity, Judaism and Zoroastrianism. However not all adherents of these religions are hateful and violent and when it comes to matters of security we need to search the backgrounds of said adherents and makes sure that they do not cosign with the hateful ideas found in said religions or ideologies. We should not treat them unfairly when dealing with them but we need to know who we are dealing with.

  44. #44
    FEAR THE LIBERAL DETENTE! TX-Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Austin
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    8,550

    Code of Conduct

    Re: 5 Nations Condemn Israel's Settlement" Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Mariatenebre View Post
    No I don't want them to wear a Muslim emblem on their clothing or be discriminated in anyway. However when it comes to security procedures Muslims should be checked to see if they hold the radical views expressed in their religion....
    dis·crim·i·na·tion noun \dis-ˌkri-mə-ˈnā-shən\

    Definition of DISCRIMINATION

    1 a : the act of discriminating
    b : the process by which two stimuli differing in some aspect are responded to differently

    2: the quality or power of finely distinguishing

    3 a : the act, practice, or an instance of discriminating categorically rather than individually
    b : prejudiced or prejudicial outlook, action, or treatment <racial discrimination>

    Actually discrimination is exactly what you are suggesting.
    ATTACK OF THE LIBERAL ELITE

  45. #45
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,752

    Code of Conduct

    Re: 5 Nations Condemn Israel's Settlement" Plan

    Mariatenebre, take the idea you are proposing about Muslims, and apply it to Christians to check their backgrounds to see if they have any ties to radical militias or anything else.

    Now think about the size and the scope of the invasive disregard for people's rights that would be entailed in implementing that type of check system across borders, airports, everywhere.

    And tell me how that would be any different from Germans making Jews walk around with the Star of David and be questioned and harassed everywhere.

    Also, who gets to decide which "connections" are dangerous? You? You have basically indicated that any Palestinian is essentially suspect, if not worse, of either supporting violence or at least potentially supporting violence, so your solution is to take whole countries and lock them up?

    Just think about how nuts this idea is.
    Last edited by xbuzzerx; December 5th, 2012 at 12:15 AM.

  46. #46
    Booyah! Callum's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Gerstein and Robarts
    Gender
    Male
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    2,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: 5 Nations Condemn Israel's Settlement" Plan

    I would have been 100% okay with Israel sending ground troops into Gaza two weeks ago. Wouldn't think twice about it. The terrorists residing need to be systematically exterminated like the filth they are. I am, however, pro-Palestine. There's a reason Egypt won't take the Strip, folks.
    blacksyringe

  47. #47
    of the 99%
    Just_Believe18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    9,207

    Code of Conduct

    Re: 5 Nations Condemn Israel's Settlement" Plan

    What is particularly upsetting about settlements in Israel is that once these buildings are put in place, you create permanent Jewish residencies that will not be removed. Of course this is going to upset the Palestinians because it makes them feel like they're being enclosed and bred out.
    #439th oldest member on JUB.

  48. #48

    Re: 5 Nations Condemn Israel's Settlement" Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by cgymike View Post
    Ulster is a province...what are u talking about "grotesque" acts committed there? It was a security issue and what was done had to be done mostly to restore order from the act of IRA troublemakers and other elements like the criminal murderous Sinn Féin led by thug adams.. Why would the UK be condemned for that? Simply no comparison and not on a level with the Palestinian issue.
    I guess they don't teach the history of British occupation of Ireland in British schools. It is a pretty sordid affair.

    For starters, are you aware that Britain currently occupies only a part of the Province of Ulster? Ulster has 9 counties, but only 6 are under British occupation. Three counties - Donegal, Cavan and Monaghan - are governed by the Republic of Ireland. When the British partitioned Ireland, they kept the only part of the country that was industrialized, but carved out the largest chunk that they believed would keep the territory Protestant majority. Hence, they carved out three Catholic majority counties and left them under the rule of the Irish Free State.

    The IRA was not an armed group or "terrorist organization" when "the Troubles" began in Northern Ireland. They were a response to the overwhelming Protestant violence against the Catholic community, which was engaged in peaceful protest for civil rights, inspired in large part by the non-violent Civil Rights Movement in the United States. The British Government sided with the Protestant Majority and oppressed the Catholic minority. And the British never received the universal outrage that Israel has.

  49. #49
    JUB Addict JohnnyAnger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    1,548
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: 5 Nations Condemn Israel's Settlement" Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Mariatenebre View Post
    .

    What I think that should happen when dealing with adherents of groups that promote violence is merely in situations of secuity by searching this person's background and seeing if they are affiliated with any groups that promote terror or support the terrorist mandates in their ideology. We should not hurt them or be unjust with them. However we should know who we are dealing with.
    Who judges whether groups promote violence? I have been part of a few groups in the past that the government have decided violent. One of these groups had all of our movements and meetings monitored by the police, with all our names and numbers being taken down. Now this group was in no way violent but we were part of a much larger movement in which property damage had happened, should I be screened for this? Secondly, when I regularly pass through passport controls I have to go into more searches because the French police caught me taking food and clothes to refugees in Calais. Also in this horrid dystopian world would you have to force people to admitting to membership of these groups assigned violent?

  50. #50
    FEAR THE LIBERAL DETENTE! TX-Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Austin
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    8,550

    Code of Conduct

    Re: 5 Nations Condemn Israel's Settlement" Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by palemale View Post
    I guess they don't teach the history of British occupation of Ireland in British schools. It is a pretty sordid affair.

    For starters, are you aware that Britain currently occupies only a part of the Province of Ulster? Ulster has 9 counties, but only 6 are under British occupation. Three counties - Donegal, Cavan and Monaghan - are governed by the Republic of Ireland. When the British partitioned Ireland, they kept the only part of the country that was industrialized, but carved out the largest chunk that they believed would keep the territory Protestant majority. Hence, they carved out three Catholic majority counties and left them under the rule of the Irish Free State.

    The IRA was not an armed group or "terrorist organization" when "the Troubles" began in Northern Ireland. They were a response to the overwhelming Protestant violence against the Catholic community, which was engaged in peaceful protest for civil rights, inspired in large part by the non-violent Civil Rights Movement in the United States. The British Government sided with the Protestant Majority and oppressed the Catholic minority. And the British never received the universal outrage that Israel has.
    Be careful what you say or Maria is going to put Catholics and Protestants on her profile list of violent religions.

    Now if we toss in the Balkans we can have the trifecta of insoluble problems because of pointless bitchery.
    ATTACK OF THE LIBERAL ELITE

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.