JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

remove these banner ads by becoming a JUB Supporter.

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 126

Thread: Homosexuals And Voting For Democrats

      
   
  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Posts
    9

    Code of Conduct

    Homosexuals And Voting For Democrats

    Serious question. Please be truthful.

    Do homosexuals(most) always vote for any democrat simply because the democrat party 'supports' the LGBT community? I mean, does that issue trump every other issue including the welfare of the country?

    Ex. "That republican would definitely be better for the country as a whole, but he/she will never get my vote because he/she doesn't support gay marriage, so I'm voting for the democrat."


    PS. Yay, my first post!

  2. #2
    Impish and Mercurial Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,631

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Homosexuals And Voting For Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by 07JG85 View Post
    Serious question. Please be truthful.

    Do homosexuals(most) always vote for any democrat simply because the democrat party 'supports' the LGBT community? I mean, does that issue trump every other issue including the welfare of the country?

    Ex. "That republican would definitely be better for the country as a whole, but he/she will never get my vote because he/she doesn't support gay marriage, so I'm voting for the democrat."


    PS. Yay, my first post!
    Welcome to JUB

    Does the issue trump any other? Of course. The most stellar economy in the world would never benefit a second class of citizens that could be fired, evicted and bullied for being who they are, and who could not use many of the perks of the system that the rest of society can do. The "being gay is just another random thing about me, no more important than any other" argument is laughable, and has been proven so over and over and over again. And EVEN if one believes this bullshit, it is irrelevant. Whether you believe there is so much more to you than being gay, the GOP sees ONLY that about a gay person.

    Is it the sole reason? I have been in JUB for over a year now, and I am yet to meet anyone who votes Democrat ONLY because of their - completely devoid of quotation marks - support of the LGBT community. Nobody here who votes Democrat believes that Republicans would be even potentially better for the country as a whole, with their disregard for... well, facts. I think it's telling that so many of them were actually surprised they lost because they were so willing to disregard reality and to accuse everyone who disagreed with their worldview of "liberal bias". I think when you cut ties with reality, you also lose the right to claim you are better for the country.
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  3. #3
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Posts
    9

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Homosexuals And Voting For Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolyo85 View Post
    Welcome to JUB

    Does the issue trump any other? Of course. The most stellar economy in the world would never benefit a second class of citizens that could be fired, evicted and bullied for being who they are, and who could not use many of the perks of the system that the rest of society can do. The "being gay is just another random thing about me, no more important than any other" argument is laughable, and has been proven so over and over and over again. And EVEN if one believes this bullshit, it is irrelevant. Whether you believe there is so much more to you than being gay, the GOP sees ONLY that about a gay person.

    Is it the sole reason? I have been in JUB for over a year now, and I am yet to meet anyone who votes Democrat ONLY because of their - completely devoid of quotation marks - support of the LGBT community. Nobody here who votes Democrat believes that Republicans would be even potentially better for the country as a whole, with their disregard for... well, facts. I think it's telling that so many of them were actually surprised they lost because they were so willing to disregard reality and to accuse everyone who disagreed with their worldview of "liberal bias". I think when you cut ties with reality, you also lose the right to claim you are better for the country.

    Thanks!

    It's kinda weird that your post just kind of tied into a reply that I just posted in another thread. haha But anyway...

    I meant support more for the gay marriage type of support. Not that the republican guy would want people to be fired for their sexuality. Obviously that kind of person should never be voted for, no matter who the prejudice is towards. I should have been more clear.


    I'm just curious because I'm an independent and I'll vote either way and I would never vote for someone based solely on their party, or their party's view, especially because a party's overall view is not every individuals view.

    I guess what I was asking is, do homosexuals vote for the democrat just because he is a democrat, and the overall view towards homosexuals from the democratic party is mostly positive? And if a republican had the liberal view on the same topic, would he have a chance, or is it the party affiliation that kills him in the LGBT community?

    I don't even know if I'm making any sense right now. Kinda tired, but thanks.

  4. #4

    Re: Homosexuals And Voting For Democrats

    this forum is full of Republicans who have been rejected totally by their own party . Wikipedia article on Barry Goldwater .
    Last edited by csb999; November 24th, 2012 at 01:41 AM.

  5. #5
    JUB Addict Zingerific's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Portland
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,109

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Homosexuals And Voting For Democrats

    I have often thought about the scenario where a pro-gay Republican faced off against an anti-gay Democrat. I'm sure that's happened somewhere, but I can't recall.

    In that case, I really don't know what I'd do absent other information about the candidates. But it seems that the HRC is not really a non partisan organization. Frankly, for as much as I dislike Scott Brown, he did vote to repeal DADT. Were I in Mass. I still would have voted for Warren, but I don't see much daylight between them on LBGT issues, and frankly I don't want the HRC to weigh in on a race where there is little difference between the candidates on gay rights. If anyone from Mass. disagrees, please don't hesitate to set me straight.

    I'm still interested in supporting pro gay candidates, and it's an important enough issue for me to vote Republican, given the circumstances.
    "If you don't have anything nice to say... come sit next to me."
    -- Alice Roosevelt Longworth

  6. #6
    JUB Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    11,184

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Homosexuals And Voting For Democrats

    I use to be loyal Republican unitl late 1970's when the Reagan became president in 1980 and the Relgious Right began to put its influence on the GOP Gods Only Party. The preaching of hate, prejudice and intolerance by Jerry Falwell, Pat Robertson and other tv preachers on AIDS and Gays.
    The Republican Party is not the big tent or party of inclusion they claim to be. They have no room or accepatance for the LGBT community.

  7. #7
    soooooo collllldddd rareboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    31,146

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Homosexuals And Voting For Democrats

    ^ I think that this more than any other influence, drove many homos away from the Republicans.

    For 30 years, homos became the whipping boys to be trotted out to mobilize the fundamentalist vote for the Republican party.

    It is hard for many to return to the fold until the far reactionary right loses their death grip on conservativism.

  8. #8
    mitchymo
    Guest

    Re: Homosexuals And Voting For Democrats

    If you are gay in the UK, the two parties to avoid are, BNP - racist, homophobic, anti-semetic et al, and UKIP - one focus (anti-europe), anti-gay marraige.

    The conservatives here are a more liberal bunch than they used to be. I still wouldn't vote for them as i don't agree with most of their policies. It doesn't help that they exude a class difference that is unappealing to most of the working classes.

  9. #9
    The Mother of Loki Laufey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Reykjavik, Iceland
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,749

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Homosexuals And Voting For Democrats

    Well this is in my opinion the main problem with a two party system. One big thing might 'force' you to vote for one side even if you can find more things you agree with on the other one.

    Gays being expected to vote democrat is a good example.

    Even if there isnt a two party system I think its a big flaw to be stuck in the left-right labeling in politics. If you are on the left you are suppose to have certain views on foreign policy, moral issues and economics. And the other way around. Why should your view on economics be in any way connected with your views on homosexuality or abortion? I refuse to believe people are naturally split like that. It just comes off as a brainwashing tradition.

  10. #10
    soooooo collllldddd rareboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    31,146

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Homosexuals And Voting For Democrats

    It is why it has always worked well in Canada. The Conservatives are actually liberal on a number of issues, the Liberals are generally fiscally conservative and the other parties give a voice to the voters who think differently than the mainstream. Unfortunately, the liberal conservatives have been overtaken by the more right wing Reform Party from the west, the liberals destroyed their party from within...by being too conservative...but it has resulted in the New Democrats being elected to more seats.

    The key is to have a dynamic political landscape. It is the way to have balance. This is why a two party system is a disaster for any country.

  11. #11

    Re: Homosexuals And Voting For Democrats

    Here in the Northeastern United States, Republican presidential candidates cannot win. People who are politically independent, or who were moderate or liberal Republicans (Rudolph Guiliani became mayor on the strength of the votes he won on the Liberal Party line), no longer voter for national Republicans. Gays tend to be well educated and wealthier than the population as a whole, and more urban. Urban, educated voters tend to vote for Democrats. Republican positions on social issues and science policies disqualify their candidates in the eyes of most educated voters.

  12. #12
    JUB Addict BlondeCanadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,104

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Homosexuals And Voting For Democrats

    I think an interesting question could be lobbed at those living in the south saying do you vote for Republican due to their stance on gays and religion? even though a democrat would potentially be more beneficial to them personally when more southerners live in abject poverty.

  13. #13
    loki81
    Guest

    Re: Homosexuals And Voting For Democrats

    it doesn't trump every other issue for me, it just so happens that I tend to agree with more of the Democrat's policies than Republicans, gay rights included.

    I could see a plausible election where the Republicans could elect a libertarian-ish candidate who takes the stand that the government shouldn't be involved with marriages (gay or straight) but wants to slash social spending to the bones... I wouldn't vote for him just because I share his view on marriage.

  14. #14
    The Mother of Loki Laufey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Reykjavik, Iceland
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,749

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Homosexuals And Voting For Democrats

    Ive always thought it was very hypocritical to fight for less government and at the same time think gay marriage should be illegal.

    Pushing your religious and moral beliefs into laws isnt really less governing.

  15. #15
    JUB Addict maxpowr9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    8,648
    Blog Entries
    3

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Homosexuals And Voting For Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by loki81 View Post
    it doesn't trump every other issue for me, it just so happens that I tend to agree with more of the Democrat's policies than Republicans, gay rights included.

    I could see a plausible election where the Republicans could elect a libertarian-ish candidate who takes the stand that the government shouldn't be involved with marriages (gay or straight) but wants to slash social spending to the bones... I wouldn't vote for him just because I share his view on marriage.
    ^That would involve removing the tax deductions for married couples and their children. That is a pill the American people would never swallow.

  16. #16
    Lions&Tigers&Bears Oh My!
    eastofeden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    4,613
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Homosexuals And Voting For Democrats

    The National GOP Platform is frightening. With the exception of gun contol I disagree with them across the board...as an individual who is gay.

    Some local and state GOP positions and individuals are acceptable.

  17. #17
    Impish and Mercurial Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,631

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Homosexuals And Voting For Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by 07JG85 View Post
    Thanks!

    It's kinda weird that your post just kind of tied into a reply that I just posted in another thread. haha But anyway...

    I meant support more for the gay marriage type of support. Not that the republican guy would want people to be fired for their sexuality. Obviously that kind of person should never be voted for, no matter who the prejudice is towards. I should have been more clear.


    I'm just curious because I'm an independent and I'll vote either way and I would never vote for someone based solely on their party, or their party's view, especially because a party's overall view is not every individuals view.

    I guess what I was asking is, do homosexuals vote for the democrat just because he is a democrat, and the overall view towards homosexuals from the democratic party is mostly positive? And if a republican had the liberal view on the same topic, would he have a chance, or is it the party affiliation that kills him in the LGBT community?

    I don't even know if I'm making any sense right now. Kinda tired, but thanks.
    See, I mean absolutely no offense, but to me the bolded point of view is naive. In the current political environment in the US there are no "individuals" within the party system. Or rather - of course they are, but they are so strongly connected to everything else - more so as we go higher in the food chain - that it is absolutely absurd to expect that some moderate guy will be able to implement moderate policies if he comes from the Republican party. Simply because he comes with the entire horde of crazy behind him, opening the door for them whether he wants to or not. Bill Maher said it great in this video:




    I just don't believe that the GOP of today is capable of being moderate on the higher levels. And when it comes to representatives - what good is their moderation when they will get kicked out of the party if they vote against their party?
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  18. #18
    PerScientiam AdJustitiam bankside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married (to a man)
    Posts
    15,455
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Homosexuals And Voting For Democrats

    I don't care that right-wing parties can point to some people within who are not prejudiced. I care about the party policy, and I care about the fact that other non-prejudiced members are happy to rely on the support of complete bigots.

    Any party who proposes to make me a second-class citizen is insane to think I would vote for them, no matter what their policies on defence, economics, taxation, trade…. It is not the only thing required for a party (or an individual belonging to a party) if they want my vote, but treating me as an equal citizen is the very first test a party has to pass in order to get my support.

    As it happens, I live in Canada, and we have full equality in marriage, adoption, pensions, health rights and benefits, etc. Once you've tried equality, you'll like it. And honestly no one here would ever be willing to give that up. It doesn't matter what might happen in a future election; we would just never give up the equal rights of citizenship now that we have them.
    Americans need to keep their guns so they can protect themselves from gun violence just like Nancy Lanza did. And like Chris Kyle did. And like Gabby Giffords did. And like Tom Clements did. And like Michael Piemonte.

  19. #19
    The Mother of Loki Laufey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Reykjavik, Iceland
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,749

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Homosexuals And Voting For Democrats

    Neither socialism or capitalism give the best life quality. Somewhere between those two does.

    Canada and the Nordic countries are good example of that.

    A lot of Americans have been brainwashed to think that capitalism is good and socialism is bad. The rich who run the media and the politicians do this so they can get a bigger piece of the cake.

  20. #20
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Posts
    9

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Homosexuals And Voting For Democrats

    Thanks guys!



    Quote Originally Posted by Rolyo85 View Post
    See, I mean absolutely no offense, but to me the bolded point of view is naive. In the current political environment in the US there are no "individuals" within the party system. Or rather - of course they are, but they are so strongly connected to everything else - more so as we go higher in the food chain - that it is absolutely absurd to expect that some moderate guy will be able to implement moderate policies if he comes from the Republican party. Simply because he comes with the entire horde of crazy behind him, opening the door for them whether he wants to or not. Bill Maher said it great in this video:

    I just don't believe that the GOP of today is capable of being moderate on the higher levels. And when it comes to representatives - what good is their moderation when they will get kicked out of the party if they vote against their party?
    Yeah, I guess you're right. Naive, and hopeful. See, I tend to agree with the right's pov for most things except for social issues. And being an Atheist also, their social issues aren't really working for me. lol But social issues are what I tend to agree with from the left's pov. I'm an independent because I don't really like either party as a whole. I will research each candidate and try to make a decision based on who would be best at the time. I'm not really sure anyone from either party can be moderate anymore. Everybody is so divided that people just throw up barricades wherever they can just to keep the other side from even talking.

  21. #21
    soooooo collllldddd rareboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    31,146

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Homosexuals And Voting For Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by bankside View Post
    I don't care that right-wing parties can point to some people within who are not prejudiced. I care about the party policy, and I care about the fact that other non-prejudiced members are happy to rely on the support of complete bigots.

    Any party who proposes to make me a second-class citizen is insane to think I would vote for them, no matter what their policies on defence, economics, taxation, trade…. It is not the only thing required for a party (or an individual belonging to a party) if they want my vote, but treating me as an equal citizen is the very first test a party has to pass in order to get my support.

    As it happens, I live in Canada, and we have full equality in marriage, adoption, pensions, health rights and benefits, etc. Once you've tried equality, you'll like it. And honestly no one here would ever be willing to give that up. It doesn't matter what might happen in a future election; we would just never give up the equal rights of citizenship now that we have them.

    It is our fondest wish that all of our brothers and sisters in the US finally achieve the same.

  22. #22
    Impish and Mercurial Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,631

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Homosexuals And Voting For Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by 07JG85 View Post
    Thanks guys!





    Yeah, I guess you're right. Naive, and hopeful. See, I tend to agree with the right's pov for most things except for social issues. And being an Atheist also, their social issues aren't really working for me. lol But social issues are what I tend to agree with from the left's pov. I'm an independent because I don't really like either party as a whole. I will research each candidate and try to make a decision based on who would be best at the time. I'm not really sure anyone from either party can be moderate anymore. Everybody is so divided that people just throw up barricades wherever they can just to keep the other side from even talking.
    I don't, but I respect that, and I would respect it in the Republicans IF I believed they followed their own ideology today. But can you honestly say there is any indication that the GOP is a CONSERVATIVE party at all? Other than socially of course.
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  23. #23
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: Homosexuals And Voting For Democrats

    I don't see much hope in the republican party and regretfully I voted for those fools in 2004. This is something I regret to this day. I am no longer even right of center. I am on the political left. The democrats are far from perfect, but their overall standpoints on many issues I do agree with. The right wing is absolutely WRONG on matters involving the economy and foreign affairs.

    My goodness the republicans have absolutely no clue about the economy... especially in this last election. Most of them are in their ivory towers. Just take a look at the candidate they picked. In reality, there is no real left wing in America... certainly not one that has any power. Ralph Nader had some sway in the past, but even the green party has declined much since 2000. The democrats are not leftist. They are a centrist (if even right of center) political party... the republicans are way off to social conservatism.

  24. #24
    The Mother of Loki Laufey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Reykjavik, Iceland
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,749

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Homosexuals And Voting For Democrats

    Democrats are further right than many right wing parties in Europe.

  25. #25
    Banned chance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    21,386

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Homosexuals And Voting For Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by 07JG85 View Post
    Thanks guys!


    Yeah, I guess you're right. Naive, and hopeful. See, I tend to agree with the right's pov for most things except for social issues. And being an Atheist also, their social issues aren't really working for me. lol But social issues are what I tend to agree with from the left's pov. I'm an independent because I don't really like either party as a whole. I will research each candidate and try to make a decision based on who would be best at the time. I'm not really sure anyone from either party can be moderate anymore. Everybody is so divided that people just throw up barricades wherever they can just to keep the other side from even talking.
    I agree with you - socially I'm liberal; on fiscal and security issues conservative - it's not that uncommon - in fact I would guess that if a poll were to be conducted, the majority of americans would be in sync with this

    on JUB, suggesting that conservative principles are legit is like taking away their sex toys - the below "comments" notwithstanding

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolyo85 View Post
    I don't, but I respect that, and I would respect it in the Republicans IF I believed they followed their own ideology today. But can you honestly say there is any indication that the GOP is a CONSERVATIVE party at all? Other than socially of course.
    perhaps you could take this sentiment to a newcomer and apply it rather than ignore it to the 5 or so posters here who dissent from the majority

    that way instead of just saying it (as a goof) you could actually point to examples of applying it

    looking forward to seeing it but won't bet the farm

  26. #26
    JockBoy87
    Guest

    Re: Homosexuals And Voting For Democrats

    Betray my community?

    That I should become Judas?

    Thirty pieces of silver isn't going to woo me over, or any other Republican lie.

  27. #27
    JUB Addict CoolBlue71's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    State of Michigan
    Posts
    1,900

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Homosexuals And Voting For Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by 07JG85 View Post
    Serious question. Please be truthful.

    Do homosexuals(most) always vote for any democrat simply because the democrat party 'supports' the LGBT community? I mean, does that issue trump every other issue including the welfare of the country?

    Ex. "That republican would definitely be better for the country as a whole, but he/she will never get my vote because he/she doesn't support gay marriage, so I'm voting for the democrat."


    PS. Yay, my first post!
    Seriously answering your question…

    Before asking a "serious question" with wanting us to "be truthful," make certain you get yourself in order by correctly and respectfully addressing the actual name of the political party that is the Democratic Party.

  28. #28
    Banned chance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    21,386

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Homosexuals And Voting For Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by CoolBlue71 View Post
    Seriously answering your question…

    Before asking a "serious question" with wanting us to "be truthful," make certain you get yourself in order by correctly and respectfully addressing the actual name of the political party that is the Democratic Party.
    respectfully ?

    wow

    get over yourself

  29. #29
    FEAR THE LIBERAL DETENTE! TX-Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Austin
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    7,896

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Homosexuals And Voting For Democrats

    yeah any time someone starts a thread by anticipating people aren't going to be "truthful," red flags go up.

    Why ask that?

    Why are you expecting us to lie to you
    ATTACK OF THE LIBERAL ELITE

  30. #30
    FEAR THE LIBERAL DETENTE! TX-Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Austin
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    7,896

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Homosexuals And Voting For Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by chance1 View Post
    get over yourself
    ...says Pompous the eighth Dwarf to Snow white...
    ATTACK OF THE LIBERAL ELITE

  31. #31
    JUB Addict justdra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Valdosta
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,160

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Homosexuals And Voting For Democrats

    I guess it depends on who you ask. I know a lot of gay Republicans, a few of them friends, that do not vote Democrat for financial reasons but also, its a family thing, especially here in the South. Rarely you see a kid vote differently than his parents unless they are away from them even if they are adult. For most I would say it is about gay/lesbian issues. Why would I care if the country thrives if I'm not able to be an equal part of it, why should I continue to be overly taxed for being single when being married and having kids have more "benefits", financial and otherwise, so yes for me those issues, along with other social issues, is why I vote Democrat and from the looks of the Republican party, I will continue to vote Democrat.
    He got that thickness, the kind that make you get up makin' biscuits with breakfast, so gone - Jill Scott - So Gone

  32. #32
    Banned chance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    21,386

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Homosexuals And Voting For Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by TX-Beau View Post
    yeah any time someone starts a thread by anticipating people aren't going to be "truthful," red flags go up.

    Why ask that?

    Why are you expecting us to lie to you
    it was like his first post

    nice additional overreact

    wonder if he'll ever return

  33. #33
    Impish and Mercurial Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,631

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Homosexuals And Voting For Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by TX-Beau View Post
    yeah any time someone starts a thread by anticipating people aren't going to be "truthful," red flags go up.

    Why ask that?

    Why are you expecting us to lie to you
    Well, there is an assumption that one would be ashamed to vote JUST for gay issues. Though I can't imagine why.
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  34. #34
    Seeking a free country
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    96,900
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Homosexuals And Voting For Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by 07JG85 View Post
    I meant support more for the gay marriage type of support. Not that the republican guy would want people to be fired for their sexuality. Obviously that kind of person should never be voted for, no matter who the prejudice is towards. I should have been more clear.
    There are Republicans who believe exactly that, that it should be okay to fire someone or evict him merely for being gay.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  35. #35
    Banned chance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    21,386

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Homosexuals And Voting For Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolyo85 View Post
    Well, there is an assumption that one would be ashamed to vote JUST for gay issues. Though I can't imagine why.
    project much

    sorta your MO

    I think he's a NEW poster to JUB

    and analysis of his intent - especially negative ............ is silly but predictable

  36. #36
    Seeking a free country
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    96,900
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Homosexuals And Voting For Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by Geiri85 View Post
    Well this is in my opinion the main problem with a two party system. One big thing might 'force' you to vote for one side even if you can find more things you agree with on the other one.

    Gays being expected to vote democrat is a good example.

    Even if there isnt a two party system I think its a big flaw to be stuck in the left-right labeling in politics. If you are on the left you are suppose to have certain views on foreign policy, moral issues and economics. And the other way around. Why should your view on economics be in any way connected with your views on homosexuality or abortion? I refuse to believe people are naturally split like that. It just comes off as a brainwashing tradition.
    If the Republicans would man up and support human rights, it would be a whole different game, because then the choices would be based on policy differences, not on persecution of a certain section of the population.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  37. #37
    Seeking a free country
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    96,900
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Homosexuals And Voting For Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolyo85 View Post
    I don't, but I respect that, and I would respect it in the Republicans IF I believed they followed their own ideology today. But can you honestly say there is any indication that the GOP is a CONSERVATIVE party at all? Other than socially of course.
    The GOP is not conservative -- it's reactionary, in two senses: the political one, denoting the desire to return to a supposedly better time, and in the tactical/strategic sense, that they introduce nothing new, but only respond to what others propose.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  38. #38
    JUB Addict MystikWizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Baltimore
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    6,682

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Homosexuals And Voting For Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by 07JG85 View Post
    Serious question. Please be truthful.

    Do homosexuals(most) always vote for any democrat simply because the democrat party 'supports' the LGBT community? I mean, does that issue trump every other issue including the welfare of the country?

    Ex. "That republican would definitely be better for the country as a whole, but he/she will never get my vote because he/she doesn't support gay marriage, so I'm voting for the democrat."


    PS. Yay, my first post!
    If I had to wager a shot in the dark guess, I say that 70% of Gays vote Democrat for the Gay Rights platform alone. I am not saying that's "right", but to each their own.

    I am not a single issue voter and I vote Democrat mainly because I find the Democrats more supportive of policies that favor the Middle Class as opposed to the wealthy. The wealth divide between the top income earners in this country and Main Street is deeply disturbing to me, and I think the playing field needs to be evened out to maintain balance in our society.

    I also am not in favor of the Religious Right's influence on the party, even aside from the issue of homosexuality.

    If the Republicans also supported Gay Rights, I would still vote for the Democrat ticket. However, if the Democrats were for the Middle Class but against Gay Rights ... whereas the Republicans were for Gay Rights but also not supportive of the Middle Class, there would definitely be some soul-searching on my part.

    I would probably still support the Democrat ticket in the end because unlike a lot of people who allow homosexuality to be the single issue that defines them, I am proud to say that I don't let this single issue define me. I am a lot of things and Gay just happens to be one of them.
    Telling it like it is.

  39. #39
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    9,390

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Homosexuals And Voting For Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by 07JG85 View Post
    Serious question. Please be truthful.

    Do homosexuals(most) always vote for any democrat simply because the democrat party 'supports' the LGBT community? I mean, does that issue trump every other issue including the welfare of the country?

    Ex. "That republican would definitely be better for the country as a whole, but he/she will never get my vote because he/she doesn't support gay marriage, so I'm voting for the democrat."


    PS. Yay, my first post!
    I honestly believe most gay guys do for this reason yes. But that's with the understanding that most gay guys (like most people in general) are very vapid.

    I vote Democratic but I think if "I'm gay so that's why I vote Democratic" is the only or main reason you have, you aren't paying enough attention. It's not even in my top 10 list of priorities.

  40. #40
    Impish and Mercurial Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,631

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Homosexuals And Voting For Democrats

    There was a topic that raised a lot of hell recently, in which to me the core of the issue was perfectly addressed:

    GAY ISSUES SHOULD NOT BE YOUR ONLY FACTOR IN VOTING, BUT BEING AGAINST GAY RIGHTS SHOULD BE A DEAL BREAKER.
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  41. #41
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,095

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Homosexuals And Voting For Democrats

    Here I will go ahead and saying so the ire of invoking nazis can reign supreme once again.. (Sorry Mods)

    A gay man supporting republicans who are hell bent on maintaining second class citizen status for gay men is like a jew supporting the Nazi regime after they found out about the camps and the mass genocide... it simply defies logic.
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  42. #42
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Posts
    9

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Homosexuals And Voting For Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by CoolBlue71 View Post
    Seriously answering your question…

    Before asking a "serious question" with wanting us to "be truthful," make certain you get yourself in order by correctly and respectfully addressing the actual name of the political party that is the Democratic Party.
    I'm sorry for disrespecting your political party with a spelling error. I will try my best to get myself in order to make sure it never happens again.


    Quote Originally Posted by TX-Beau View Post
    yeah any time someone starts a thread by anticipating people aren't going to be "truthful," red flags go up.

    Why ask that?

    Why are you expecting us to lie to you
    Only because it was a political question. I wasn't expecting lies as much as partial truths. It is just my experience, that with politics, that seems to be the norm. It had nothing to do with this site or the people here, or even with the question itself. And with the responses given, it seems that there was no need to even type it. I meant no disrespect to anyone.

    Quote Originally Posted by chance1 View Post
    it was like his first post

    nice additional overreact

    wonder if he'll ever return
    Not scaring me away! lol Thanks for supporting a newb!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    There are Republicans who believe exactly that, that it should be okay to fire someone or evict him merely for being gay.
    I'm sure there are, along with people from all backgrounds regardless of the political party they identify with. I, personally, don't see this with any party as a whole. Although, I do know that the GOP generally disapproves of same sex marriage, obviously. Is it really worse than this with the GOP? I don't usually get that deep into politics. I'm sure I could be schooled up and down on the topic. I was just cruising this forum and the question popped up in my mind, and I figured I would ask it.

  43. #43
    Seeking a free country
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    96,900
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Homosexuals And Voting For Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by 07JG85 View Post
    I'm sure there are, along with people from all backgrounds regardless of the political party they identify with. I, personally, don't see this with any party as a whole. Although, I do know that the GOP generally disapproves of same sex marriage, obviously. Is it really worse than this with the GOP? I don't usually get that deep into politics. I'm sure I could be schooled up and down on the topic. I was just cruising this forum and the question popped up in my mind, and I figured I would ask it.
    The huge core of the GOP is a vast horde of racists, all the wanna-be Confederates in the South who were Democrats until Johnson decided that blacks really were equal. Along with racism, homosexuality is almost invariably found.



    And something occurred to me: no one who does not support human rights for all can be good for the country as a whole.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  44. #44
    of the 99%
    Just_Believe18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    9,156

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Homosexuals And Voting For Democrats

    We had a recent discussion about this and basically the take is:

    You should never base your vote on just one issue like gay rights; however, you should not vote for a candidate who is actively against your civil rights. For example, in the recent election, a gay man should not have to vote for Obama, but they should not vote for Mitt Romney. Obama may be for gay rights, but you should agree with him on other issues before voting for him. Even if you agree with most of Mitt Romney's policies, you should not vote for him because he is actively against your civil rights. Does that make sense, 07?
    #439th oldest member on JUB.

  45. #45
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Posts
    9

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Homosexuals And Voting For Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    The huge core of the GOP is a vast horde of racists, all the wanna-be Confederates in the South who were Democrats until Johnson decided that blacks really were equal. Along with racism, homosexuality is almost invariably found.



    And something occurred to me: no one who does not support human rights for all can be good for the country as a whole.
    I guess I can't really comment on the core of the GOP, since there really aren't enough of them around here. But it seems even the Republicans around here are fairly moderate. Most everyone just seems to agree on social issues. Which may be due to the heavy liberal influence in the NE. But I can only comment on what I experience.

  46. #46
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Posts
    9

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Homosexuals And Voting For Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Believe18 View Post
    We had a recent discussion about this and basically the take is:

    You should never base your vote on just one issue like gay rights; however, you should not vote for a candidate who is actively against your civil rights. For example, in the recent election, a gay man should not have to vote for Obama, but they should not vote for Mitt Romney. Obama may be for gay rights, but you should agree with him on other issues before voting for him. Even if you agree with most of Mitt Romney's policies, you should not vote for him because he is actively against your civil rights. Does that make sense, 07?
    Yes, and I agree. And that's pretty much what I was asking. Not too sure if I did the best job, though! lol


    And thanks everyone for all the replies, good or bad. Helluva way to kick off a first post, no? haha

  47. #47

    Re: Homosexuals And Voting For Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by JayHawk View Post
    Here I will go ahead and saying so the ire of invoking nazis can reign supreme once again.. (Sorry Mods)

    A gay man supporting republicans who are hell bent on maintaining second class citizen status for gay men is like a jew supporting the Nazi regime after they found out about the camps and the mass genocide... it simply defies logic.
    So are you saying that most of your fellow brothers and sisters in the military want to keep you as a second class citizen? ......Besides evangelical Christians and gun owners/hunters the most reliable votes for Republicans come from military & veterans.

    It's been well documented that most military brass are conservative Republicans. Over 200 retired military officers endorsed Romney, only maybe 5 endorsed Obama........... Btw most TV's in the chow halls on base play Fox News.

    [Text: Removed by Moderator]
    Last edited by opinterph; November 25th, 2012 at 11:08 AM. Reason: removed demeaning personal characterization
    I used to be like that, but not anymore. At least not on the first date. Third date, whole other story..."

  48. #48

    Re: Homosexuals And Voting For Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Believe18 View Post
    We had a recent discussion about this and basically the take is:

    You should never base your vote on just one issue like gay rights; however, you should not vote for a candidate who is actively against your civil rights. For example, in the recent election, a gay man should not have to vote for Obama, but they should not vote for Mitt Romney. Obama may be for gay rights, but you should agree with him on other issues before voting for him. Even if you agree with most of Mitt Romney's policies, you should not vote for him because he is actively against your civil rights. Does that make sense, 07?
    Who are you to tell me, or anyone else for that matter, who to vote for?? I'll vote for whoever I damn please.

    Btw, what "civil rights" is 07 missing? If 07 is a bisexual man as his description says and 07 chooses to date & marry a woman, what civil rights is 07 missing?

    If you agreed with most of Mitt Romney's policies, you should have voted for him. It's something called loyalty........a quality that's rare these days.
    I used to be like that, but not anymore. At least not on the first date. Third date, whole other story..."

  49. #49

    Re: Homosexuals And Voting For Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    The huge core of the GOP is a vast horde of racists, all the wanna-be Confederates in the South who were Democrats until Johnson decided that blacks really were equal. Along with racism, homosexuality is almost invariably found.
    You mean the same Democrat president Lyndon Johnson who said this when he was president?

    "I’ll have those n*****s voting Democratic for the next 200 years."

    "These Negroes, they’re getting pretty uppity these days and that’s a problem for us since they’ve got something now they never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now we’ve got to do something about this, we’ve got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference."

    http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/40889
    Last edited by opinterph; November 25th, 2012 at 10:27 AM. Reason: added quote tags
    I used to be like that, but not anymore. At least not on the first date. Third date, whole other story..."

  50. #50

    Re: Homosexuals And Voting For Democrats

    Btw, I apologize to JayHawk. I wasn't trying to be mean in my prev. posting.

    I'm just a little disappointed at how the election turned out.
    I used to be like that, but not anymore. At least not on the first date. Third date, whole other story..."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.