Free Gay Sex Photos, Movies, Reviews and Forums at JustUsBoys
    Orientation
    Bisexual

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

What’s Your Opinion On A Straight Guy & Gay Guy Being or Becoming Actual Good Friends?

1. Do you guys think that a straight guy and gay guy can become actual friends without the whole “oh he's been my friend since grade school and then he told me he's gay, but I'm not going to stop being friends with him because he’s gay because I've known him my whole life scenario”?
    2. Do you think that a straight guy will befriend a obvious gay guy?
    3. If a straight guy befriended a guy he thought was straight until the guy told him he was gay, do you think that straight guy would continue to be friends with him?
    4. Do you think it's possible for a gay guy to be actual friends with a straight guy without wanting to jump his bones all the time?
    5. If your gay friend came up to you and introduce you to his straight friend, what would you think?

Orientation
    Gay

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Re: What’s Your Opinion On A Straight Guy & Gay Guy Being or Becoming Actual Good Friends?

1. Yes. I have many such friends.

2. Some will, most won't. The ones who will are very comfortable around gay people, probably grew up with some or their parents worked in entertainment or something like that.

3. Yes, I never walk up to people and say "hi I'm gay", all of my straight friends learned I was gay at some point later after we were friends.

4. Yes.

5. Why would I have any particular opinion on this? I've had white friends introduce me to black friends, female friends introduce me to lesbian friends, etc. It doesn't mean anything.

To be honest I'm a little bit surprised by the questions.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Re: What’s Your Opinion On A Straight Guy & Gay Guy Being or Becoming Actual Good Friends?

I've never ever met straight-gay friends who were like best friends and didn't know each other since childhood. We seem to have either a gay guy or a woman as our BFF.

I think it's probably similar with how it is between a straight man and a straight woman. Friendship is possible but most of the time it's not as close as with your friends from the same gender.

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

yes

Orientation
    Gay
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

1. I once did the math, and found out that two-thirds of my friends were straight. And the vast majority got to know me after I came out. So yes, I think straight guys and gay guys can actually become friends. Unless they're all pretending to be my friend, although I fail to see how doing so benefits them at all.

2. I don't know if a straight guy will actively search out "obviously gay guys" to befriend, but I think the majority of straight guys are open to the idea of befriending gay guys, assuming they have some commonalities.

3. Depends on the straight guy, but I certainly think it's possible, and perhaps even likely.

4. I don't want to screw any of my straight friends. I guess I could create some bizarro world scenario where they were really interested in having sex with me, and my partner was cool with it, and I knew there wouldn't be any weird feelings afterwards...in which case, maybe I could pick a few out to bang. But I'm operating on the assumption that none of that's going to happen, so I honestly don't give it any thought.

5. "Why did you tell me he was straight?" I introduce my friends to each other all the time, but I don't bother mentioning their orientations unless it bears on the conversation in some way.

I'll just close by saying this. We've got two straight couples coming over for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow, and a few stray people coming over for dessert. They're all straight. All but one didn't know me in my closeted days. And I don't think I'm living in bizarro world.

Lex

Orientation
    Gay

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by Geiri85 View Post
    I've never ever met straight-gay friends who were like best friends and didn't know each other since childhood. We seem to have either a gay guy or a woman as our BFF.

I think it's probably similar with how it is between a straight man and a straight woman. Friendship is possible but most of the time it's not as close as with your friends from the same gender.
    Shake my hand and then you've met one. Nice to meet you.

One was a marine I met in college, definitely didn't grow up together, but I have a lot of straight friends I didn't know before age 20 or after. Being honest -- I don't think you rarely see it because it's difficult or unlikely to happen. I think you rarely see it happen because a lot of gay guys cluster themselves off with gay guys and female friends, are intimidated by straight guys, and tend to "live the gay life" so to speak. If you live in a normal neighborhood or suburb which is 90+% straight, and work in a workplace that is 90+% straight, the only way all your friends are going to be gay or women is by segregating yourself by choice, imo.

Orientation
    Gay
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

If memory serves, OP, you have a bit of a thing for "straight cock". Actually, if memory serves, you have a LOT of a thing for "straight cock". Given this, it presumably will be a lot harder for you to befriend a straight guy...especially if you're hoping this friendship will eventually include benefits.

Lex

Orientation
    Curious
    Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

1. My closest friend knows I am not straight, he is. We've been friends since school. Whenever we're both in the area we meet up and hang out.

2. Yeah, not all straight guys are the stereotype you seem to have conveyed, a closed-minded person. When I came out in the place I currently live those of all sexualities have been friendly to me.

3. Depends on the person. Once again, you seem to be mixing up "closed minded person" and "straight guy".

4. ..Hell yeah, I don't find my straight friends that attractive. Even if I did I'd never try anything.

5. I don't understand the question. What would I think?.. Another human being has been introduced to me. So......

Orientation
    Gay

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by G-Lexington View Post
    If memory serves, OP, you have a bit of a thing for "straight cock". Actually, if memory serves, you have a LOT of a thing for "straight cock". Given this, it presumably will be a lot harder for you to befriend a straight guy...especially if you're hoping this friendship will eventually include benefits.

Lex
    Yeah that's definitely an important factor in the consideration, lol. If you go into "making straight friends" with any agenda, however far back there, to ultimately try to get into their pants, you're sabotaging the equation for sure. Like you posted earlier Lex I pretty much "give it no thought" if I know the guy is straight. I sometimes on the net see these people with these long labored analyzations about how they think their straight friend "might" actually be gay or whatever, my policy is, if he is gay or is physically interested he's going to make that known to you somehow, if that doesn't happen then don't even think about it. If you go into it with an agenda it won't work out but it'll probably be because you made him uncomfortable or you started to get feelings for him and act weird, or whatever else.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Widower

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

My best friend is straight. I would no sooner have sex with him than I would with his wife. Then again, straight dick does not mean anything special to me. If I know a guy is straight, although I may find him attractive, the sexual aspect goes right out the window.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    Shake my hand and then you've met one. Nice to meet you.

One was a marine I met in college, definitely didn't grow up together, but I have a lot of straight friends I didn't know before age 20 or after. Being honest -- I don't think you rarely see it because it's difficult or unlikely to happen. I think you rarely see it happen because a lot of gay guys cluster themselves off with gay guys and female friends, are intimidated by straight guys, and tend to "live the gay life" so to speak. If you live in a normal neighborhood or suburb which is 90+% straight, and work in a workplace that is 90+% straight, the only way all your friends are going to be gay or women is by segregating yourself by choice, imo.
    Perhaps partly true but I still think it's more than choice.

You naturally seek people you can relate to. Most gay guys relate the most to other gay guys and after them women.

Not generalizing though there are exceptions of course.

Orientation
    Gay
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Perhaps partly true but I still think it's more than choice.

You naturally seek people you can relate to. Most gay guys relate the most to other gay guys and after them women.

Not generalizing though there are exceptions of course.
    Lube doesn't hang out here much anymore. But one of his pet theories is that the vast majority of gay males' "straight" friends aren't straight at all. The way he put it was "like attracts like", so if you as a homosexual befriend somebody, it's because he's gay as well. He seemed seriously unhappy about all the closeted friends we had, and how deluded we were by their front of heterosexuality.

That theory only has merit if the only way you can connect with somebody on a sexual level. No, I don't relate specifically to my straight friend's enjoyment of pussy. But that doesn't make us alien races to each other. We just relate on some other level. We have similar senses of humor, or enjoy the same types of conversation, or enjoy the same sorts of (non-sexual) entertainment. And even sexually, it's not like we can't relate on some level. No, I'm not straight, but I know what it's like to meet somebody and have an amazing night of sex with them, so I can appreciate their escapades on that level.

Lex

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Of course you can have things in common with straight guys.

But on average, gay guys have more things in common with other gay guys.

Which is why it's more rare for gay guys to have a straight guy as one of their closest friend.

Just like straight people usually pick people of the same gender as their closest friends... more things in common. Communication is also more frank.

Sexuality influences more parts of our lives than just our sex life. It influences our taste in many things of daily life.
    Last edited by Laufey; November 21st, 2012 at 05:26 PM.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

One of my good friends is straight and has no problem with me being gay. He knew when we became friends.
    Of course I have straight female friends - doesn't every gay guy?

I think that when I was growing up in the 70's & 80's it was different. A straight guy would avoid gay guys for fear of being labelled by his mates. I don't think that happens much these days - well, not in civilised society

Orientation
    Gay
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Which is why it's more rare for gay guys to have a straight guy as one of their closest friend.

Just like straight people usually pick people of the same gender as their closest friends... more things in common. Communication is also more frank.

Sexuality influences more parts of our lives than just our sex life. It influences our taste in many things of daily life.
    Well, maybe I'm just really good at speaking "straight". My conversations with straight guys can be pretty frank. (Not always - depends on the level of friendship, of course.) I certainly don't think there's any "hole" in our friendships that would be filled were they gay (or female).

Lex

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Well like I said there are exceptions.

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I feel like we don's always give straight guys enough credit. I know I sure as heel never used to, until I came out and realized just how many straight guys could really not give a fuck, and the ones that did, didn't have a lot of friends anyways (probably cuz they're assholes).

Orientation
    Gay

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Lube doesn't hang out here much anymore. But one of his pet theories is that the vast majority of gay males' "straight" friends aren't straight at all. The way he put it was "like attracts like", so if you as a homosexual befriend somebody, it's because he's gay as well. He seemed seriously unhappy about all the closeted friends we had, and how deluded we were by their front of heterosexuality.

That theory only has merit if the only way you can connect with somebody on a sexual level. No, I don't relate specifically to my straight friend's enjoyment of pussy. But that doesn't make us alien races to each other. We just relate on some other level. We have similar senses of humor, or enjoy the same types of conversation, or enjoy the same sorts of (non-sexual) entertainment. And even sexually, it's not like we can't relate on some level. No, I'm not straight, but I know what it's like to meet somebody and have an amazing night of sex with them, so I can appreciate their escapades on that level.

Lex
    If that guy's theory was correct at all then we wouldn't even have the stories of gay guys having friends who are straight that they grew up with, since his theory basically dismisses that people relate on any level other than what they share in common in sexual appetite. Every gay-straight boyhood friendship would immediately end upon puberty at the very latest, lol.

But yeah I mean... I see a LOT of gay guys engaging in what I would call "self segregation"-- that's not to say some gay guys haven't had bad experiences where they tried to fit in and couldn't, or came from very small, very closed minded communities and didn't have healthy options for fitting in. But I have heard a lot of stories of gay guys from all over who then move to a place like downtown San Francisco or West Hollywood (big gay Meccas here in the U.S., if anyone isn't too familiar) and basically from that point of their lives forward they work for gay employers, they go to gay businesses, they have gay friends, they eat at gay owned restaurants and see gay doctors and then turn around and say something like gay guys can't be friends with straight guys or that gay guys who are friends mostly with straight people are just closeted or self-loathing homophobes or whatever. I have personally never felt the need to join gay choirs, live in gay downtown areas or use the lavendar pages in order to feel vindicated or well adjusted as a gay guy.

There's a difference between saying "If you fill your life only with gay people, women, and the gay lifestyle you won't have many straight male friends" and saying that there's some fundamental barrier to gay and straight men being friends. Anyone who lives in a large metropolitan city in the first world, as I do, but lives in a normal neighborhood and works in a normal workplace is, I think, going to have mostly heterosexual friends unless they are making some decision-- conscious or otherwise-- to separate their daily life from their social life entirely and go home from work and call up some gay friends to go to gay bars or gay clubs, and not socialize with the poeple they see everyday.

Of course you can have things in common with straight guys.

This is where it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. This comes down to a question of how BIG a slice of your life or perception your sexuality is. Who you go to bed with is 1 thing. I have almost no problem talking to straight guys about relationship issues and 90% of it is compatible regardless of gender. I don't know how you say "on average gay guys have more in common with gay guys than with straight guys" unless you weigh choice of sexual partner as being much bigger than a broad array of other things--- type of food, choice of hobbies, personality, etc. I don't think my sexuality influences any of those things and I only think people who have fallen into stereotypes will say "I almost always have more in common with other gay guys" because nothing about being gay or straight determines if you'll like Football or if you'll watch Glee or if you'll buy Erasure CD's, imho. Or what kind of food you will eat or what your religious views are or what kind of movies you like. If sex is HUGE to someone, like I've heard gay guys say things like they just can't watch straight movies because they can't relate to watching straight people or their relationship issues at all, I don't think that's a function of being gay as much as a function of being locked into a small box.
    Last edited by xbuzzerx; November 21st, 2012 at 06:18 PM.

Orientation
    Gay
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I guess I should point out that I don't have any problem with somebody choosing to live in a gay-centric world. If you enjoy it, go on with your bad self. My only issue is that it might lead to the mindset of the OP. That straights are somehow an alien species that we can, at best, hop to have some sort of uneasy truce with.

Lex

Orientation
    Gay

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I guess I should point out that I don't have any problem with somebody choosing to live in a gay-centric world. If you enjoy it, go on with your bad self. My only issue is that it might lead to the mindset of the OP. That straights are somehow an alien species that we can, at best, hop to have some sort of uneasy truce with.

Lex
    I agree totally, that's how I feel as well. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy under those conditions, but it's not a universal truth or an inborn truth of being gay.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I never said people should be locked into that box.

But ON AVERAGE, gay guys and straight guys have different interests. Just like on average, men and women have different interests.

Which leads to the straight-gay friendship most of the time not being as close.

Of course there are exceptions. But someones personal experience doesn't change the average.

Some people are reacting like I have been generalizing although I always clearly stated that I wasn't. A gay guy and a straight guy can be BFF's... it's just not as common as gays or women taking that role.

Orientation
    Gay

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I never said people should be locked into that box.

But ON AVERAGE, gay guys and straight guys have different interests. Just like on average, men and women have different interests.

Which leads to the straight-gay friendship most of the time not being as close.

Of course there are exceptions. But someones personal experience doesn't change the average.

Some people are reacting like I have been generalizing although I always clearly stated that I wasn't. A gay guy and a straight guy can be BFF's... it's just not as common as gays or women taking that role.
    Well can you explain what you mean by "on average."

To me you being gay and me being gay, we start off with only 1 thing in common -- the gender of the romantic partner we pursue. That's it. But maybe my favorite food is peanut butter & jelly sandwiches and you are allergic to peanuts. So if we make a tally sheet we're now 1 thing in common 1 thing not in common.

Out of the enormous list of things you can have in common with someone as a factor in being friends, I just don't understand how you're leaping from "gender of sexual partner" to "on average you'll have more things in common." Gender of sexual partner is 1 variable out of millions possible, and it will all come down to how much you weigh those similarities or differences, too.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I only met my best friend a little over a year ago, but we quickly became "best" friends. He's straight and has a fiance. I told him I was gay about 6 months ago, and we've only become better friends since. I was skeptical at first when he said he didn't care, but he really, truely doesn't give a fuck about it. I have zero desire to have sex with him, but I love him like a family member, more than some family members...and he's expressed the same thing to me.

Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

My (straight) brother's best friend is gay. They met in college.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Virtually all of my friends are straight.

I probably know some gay people, but I don't know any who are "out."

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I actually have a bit of difficultly making friends with gay males. I have one token gay friend and the rest are all straight or lesbians.

Slut
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

1. my current best friends is a straight guy
    2. Yes and no. Some of my gay friends had no problems making straight friends (he was clearly gay) wile others seem to have no straight male friends (clearly gay and flamboyant as fuck)
    3. it just depends, when coming out i lost a few friends, friends i considered family. other friendships just got stronger because i was more honest.
    4. i know the boundaries i cant cross with my friend, sometimes we flirt back and forth, occasionally yes he is in my fantasies but self-control is everything.
    5. i would just be like "ok" although internally i would have a small panic attack, some of my gay friends have had or still have feelings from me so i think i would have to clarify nothing is going on between us.

Quality posting since 2K7 Nishin's Avatar
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

yes yes depends yes depends
    I don't understand your question threads... is there a point? Or a context?

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I usually get the "you're not too gay, so I'll be your friend" and that's only because I tone down my divaness when in public, but if was as feminine as I wanted, I doubt straight guys would befriend me.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

My closest friends are straight, except for one who is fabulously gay. We all get along just fine and my sexuality does not bother them. Differing interests aside, we are all comfortable in our own skin so there is no need to hide from one another.
    "... You think the only people who are people
    Are the people who look and think like you ..." - Colours of the Wind by Vanessa Williams

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Simple answer...it happens all the time.
    No big deal...people learn to get along, grow, and adjust their attitudes towards things...

The Three Musketeers... Bashful, Chrisglass, and Ronboy!

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

All my best friends are straight, so yes, it does exist. I generally more interested in the person experience and personality rather than their sexuality.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I have many straight close male friends, but then that's Maine: nobody cares.