JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

remove these banner ads by becoming a JUB Supporter.

Results 1 to 48 of 48
  1. #1

    Thanksgiving. What are you thankful for in life?

    You see this question every year around Thanksgiving. Although it may seem to be sort of an old-fashioned and corny question, I think it's still important for us as individuals to think about and be aware of what has made our lives more enjoyable, more livable.

    Personally, I am thankful for my Savior Jesus Christ, my family, good friends, the time I get to spend with family and friends, a good life (even though some things have not gone the way I wanted or expected), a comfortable home, good health.

    What are you thankful for?


  2. #2
    Child Of The Sun. BENDERBOY's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland.
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    104,971

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Thanksgiving. What are you thankful for in life?

    My family and friends.

    Is this in the right forum Jack, maybe better suited to HT ?
    "You may only be one person to the world, but you may also be the world to one person"
    - anonymous quote.

  3. #3

    Re: Thanksgiving. What are you thankful for in life?

    I think this is a fine place, keeps us grounded -- not everyone visits HT on a regular basis.

    Thanks for your input Benderboy.

  4. #4
    JockBoy87
    Guest

    Re: Thanksgiving. What are you thankful for in life?

    To have lived on the outer shell of human history, the last 0.01% of time we have been here to set foot prints in the dirt, but with the indispensable comforts of modern life such as electricity, plumbing, central heat, medicine, and the Internet.

    To have been given an education, a home, a kind and benevolent father, a wonderful boyfriend.

    To have food security and access to clean water.

    To have protection from wrongdoing, respect for democracy, and deliverance of justice.

    To have an equal place in society by most respects, and an equal say in the choice of leadership of my country.

    To have the freedom to deny a religious faith.
    Last edited by JockBoy87; November 20th, 2012 at 05:19 PM.

  5. #5
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,238

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Thanksgiving. What are you thankful for in life?

    It would be good to have one in HT as well Bendy..... hint hint

    I am thankful that I was blessed with a healthy life.

    I am thankful through this declining economy I have been able to keep it together for me and my family ... however non traditional we are...

    I am thankful for those that have let me into their lives in a million different ways ...

    I am ever so thankful that despite the antics, diatribe and outright idiocy that I live in a country where men and women are free to exhibit such ideas....

    I am thankful the republican party lost this time around because it is ruled by people not in touch with reality....

    Finally, last but most definitely not least, i am thankful for Mo, or rather Captain Morgan my red bone coon hound, best friend and the most loving of companions who takes me as I am regardless of whether I am bearing steak or kibble.... who is always ready to provide a kiss or a cuddle .....

    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  6. #6
    JUB 10k Club
    CTF's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    El corazón de Tejas
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    20,054
    Blog Entries
    23

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Thanksgiving. What are you thankful for in life?

    Good idea JackSpringer.

    I'm thankful to be tethered to the ground, and and when I find that I'm not that I'm surrounded by a a loving a caring family, friends that I've known for year to give that tether a gentle tug every now and again to remind me of who I am, not one but two homes, and the means to pay to contribute to the comfort of myself, my family, and my friends.

    I'm thankful that I discovered years ago that the Universe responds when we all show appreciation and thankfulness of the little things, as opposed to pissing and complaining about the things that we don't have.

    I'm thankful for the realization that life really is short, and that long after we're gone from this sphere, people will still be pissing and complaining about the things that they don't have.

    So it's nice to take this moment here in this forum, with each of you, and to say that I am thankful for many of the friends that I've made in real life outside of CE&P, and JustUsBoys.com.



    I'm also thankful for the cold meds that I'm taking, and that I have a warm bed to crawl into in a few minutes.
    Last edited by CTF; November 20th, 2012 at 05:28 PM.
    Never regret anything, because in that moment it's exactly what you wanted.

  7. #7
    JUB Addict maxpowr9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    8,839
    Blog Entries
    3

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Thanksgiving. What are you thankful for in life?

    As I said in the confessions topic [uh oh, I'm mining my own data!], I have a really hard time with gratitude; both giving and receiving (get your mind out of the gutter!).

    I would say I am most thankful for my mother, my friends and for having a source of income to sustain my life.

    As a random aside, there was a prayer I remember that my physics teacher would make us recite before each class that touches upon the spirit of Thanksgiving...

    Dear God,
    We thank you for the graces and blessings which we have received.
    For the health of mind and body,
    For the gift of faith,
    For another day,
    For our place of rest.

    Amen

  8. #8
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: Thanksgiving. What are you thankful for in life?

    I'll admit flat out I really can't stand this time of year and that has to do with the irony of Thanksgiving. I'll keep any further thoughts to myself out of respect of others.

  9. #9
    JubberClubber White Eagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Widower
    Posts
    10,855

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Thanksgiving. What are you thankful for in life?

    Quote Originally Posted by JayHawk View Post
    It would be good to have one in HT as well Bendy..... hint hint

    I am thankful that I was blessed with a healthy life.

    I am thankful through this declining economy I have been able to keep it together for me and my family ... however non traditional we are...

    I am thankful for those that have let me into their lives in a million different ways ...

    I am ever so thankful that despite the antics, diatribe and outright idiocy that I live in a country where men and women are free to exhibit such ideas....

    I am thankful the republican party lost this time around because it is ruled by people not in touch with reality....

    Finally, last but most definitely not least, i am thankful for Mo, or rather Captain Morgan my red bone coon hound, best friend and the most loving of companions who takes me as I am regardless of whether I am bearing steak or kibble.... who is always ready to provide a kiss or a cuddle .....

    Does Mo attack you every time you come home?
    I miss a big dog. I was raised by a collie and he took care of me for 15 years.
    I am thankful you have Mo there for you.
    I have 3 cats and they take care of me as a dog would.
    But just when they take over the world in my world I am glad they are there.
    BEWARE! Harassing the Indian may result in sudden and severe hair loss.

  10. #10
    JubberClubber White Eagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Widower
    Posts
    10,855

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Thanksgiving. What are you thankful for in life?

    Quote Originally Posted by White Eagle View Post
    Does Mo attack you every time you come home?
    I miss a big dog. I was raised by a collie and he took care of me for 15 years.
    I am thankful you have Mo there for you.
    I have 3 cats and they take care of me as a dog would.
    But just when they take over the world in my world I am glad they are there.
    BTW he is beautiful!!
    BEWARE! Harassing the Indian may result in sudden and severe hair loss.

  11. #11
    JubberClubber White Eagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Widower
    Posts
    10,855

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Thanksgiving. What are you thankful for in life?

    Quote Originally Posted by centexfarmer View Post
    Good idea JackSpringer.

    I'm thankful to be tethered to the ground, and and when I find that I'm not that I'm surrounded by a a loving a caring family, friends that I've known for year to give that tether a gentle tug every now and again to remind me of who I am, not one but two homes, and the means to pay to contribute to the comfort of myself, my family, and my friends.

    I'm thankful that I discovered years ago that the Universe responds when we all show appreciation and thankfulness of the little things, as opposed to pissing and complaining about the things that we don't have.

    I'm thankful for the realization that life really is short, and that long after we're gone from this sphere, people will still be pissing and complaining about the things that they don't have.

    So it's nice to take this moment here in this forum, with each of you, and to say that I am thankful for many of the friends that I've made in real life outside of CE&P, and JustUsBoys.com.



    I'm also thankful for the cold meds that I'm taking, and that I have a warm bed to crawl into in a few minutes.
    Does it get cold in Dallas?
    Maybe I DO need to pay attention to the forum.
    BEWARE! Harassing the Indian may result in sudden and severe hair loss.

  12. #12
    JUB 10k Club
    CTF's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    El corazón de Tejas
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    20,054
    Blog Entries
    23

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Thanksgiving. What are you thankful for in life?

    Quote Originally Posted by White Eagle View Post
    Does it get cold in Dallas?
    Maybe I DO need to pay attention to the forum.
    Depends on who you ask.

    I suppose "cold" in Corpus Christi, is when you have to put on a wind breaker.

    Yes, and I'm thankful that Texas is that big. So that when it does get cold, I'm just 5 or so hours drive away to a nice warm beach. Even though I'd still have to pack a wind breaker, or a warm hoodie.
    Last edited by CTF; November 20th, 2012 at 07:29 PM.
    Never regret anything, because in that moment it's exactly what you wanted.

  13. #13
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,238

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Thanksgiving. What are you thankful for in life?

    Quote Originally Posted by White Eagle View Post
    BTW he is beautiful!!
    He is gorgeous I agree... and not just cause he is mine... everyone says that... for a mutt not too bad I tell him...

    He does come up and demand attention. However if I have bags or have something I must attend to right away like the toilet he sits about three feet from me and reads me the riot act... literally... Kinda half whine, half growl, half sigh and mostly spoiled.... I accurately described Mo as a grumpy old man in his first year of life... and he just gets grumpier... lol

    my most recent tact is to ignore him till he throws his tirade cause it tickles the shit out of me... then i order him to jump up on my bed and I tackle him and give him the attention whore treatment he deserves....
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  14. #14
    JubberClubber White Eagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Widower
    Posts
    10,855

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Thanksgiving. What are you thankful for in life?

    Quote Originally Posted by JayHawk View Post
    He is gorgeous I agree... and not just cause he is mine... everyone says that... for a mutt not too bad I tell him...

    He does come up and demand attention. However if I have bags or have something I must attend to right away like the toilet he sits about three feet from me and reads me the riot act... literally... Kinda half whine, half growl, half sigh and mostly spoiled.... I accurately described Mo as a grumpy old man in his first year of life... and he just gets grumpier... lol

    my most recent tact is to ignore him till he throws his tirade cause it tickles the shit out of me... then i order him to jump up on my bed and I tackle him and give him the attention whore treatment he deserves....
    Cats are different. I have leared to ignore them and it works sometimes. They all 3 claim the desk top as their domain.
    Ok so I ignore them and they start biting and licking. Licking means just tasting. Then that's where I get bit.
    What can I do? Absolutely nothing. Would I get rid of them? NOO!
    BEWARE! Harassing the Indian may result in sudden and severe hair loss.

  15. #15
    It ain't easy being King MisterMajestic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    10,461

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Thanksgiving. What are you thankful for in life?

    I'm thankful for the wonderful Gift of Life God gave me and I'm thankful for all of my Loved ones...

    I stopped by my Parents house on Sunday and I noticed The Queen had a HUGE ass Turkey in the fridge...I'm no longer a fan of Baked Turkey...The only Turkey I'm down with is FRIED Turkey.....Last week I asked her Highness to add Ribs to the Menu and she said she would but I didnt see a pack of Ribs anywhere...

    I'm not eating that Bird this year...I'm sick and tired of sitting there and just chewing and chewing waiting for it to be over....

  16. #16
    JubberClubber White Eagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Widower
    Posts
    10,855

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Thanksgiving. What are you thankful for in life?

    Quote Originally Posted by White Eagle View Post
    Cats are different. I have leared to ignore them and it works sometimes. They all 3 claim the desk top as their domain.
    Ok so I ignore them and they start biting and licking. Licking means just tasting. Then that's where I get bit.
    What can I do? Absolutely nothing. Would I get rid of them? NOO!
    I forgot what the thread was. Thank you guys, You have been my family since 9/17. That is when my partner of 32 years passed away. You all have been so close to what I have left in this world. OK, so I'm a Little lit? maybe a lot lit. But thanks anyway!!!
    I appreciate all the kind responses I have had.
    BEWARE! Harassing the Indian may result in sudden and severe hair loss.

  17. #17
    JUB 10k Club
    CTF's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    El corazón de Tejas
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    20,054
    Blog Entries
    23

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Thanksgiving. What are you thankful for in life?

    Quote Originally Posted by MisterMajestic View Post
    I'm thankful for the wonderful Gift of Life God gave me and I'm thankful for all of my Loved ones...

    I stopped by my Parents house on Sunday and I noticed The Queen had a HUGE ass Turkey in the fridge...I'm no longer a fan of Baked Turkey...The only Turkey I'm down with is FRIED Turkey.....Last week I asked her Highness to add Ribs to the Menu and she said she would but I didnt see a pack of Ribs anywhere...

    I'm not eating that Bird this year...I'm sick and tired of sitting there and just chewing and chewing waiting for it to be over....


    When it comes to the Family feast in my family, it's generally evolved into a "pot luck" affair.

    Similar to "potlatch."

    Everybody brings a dish, just try not to break anything..especially the hearts of our elders.

    In my family it's funny how "hierarchical" Thanksgiving Dinner has become.

    Grandma, in this case my Dad's Mom, passed on the turkey and dressing to his oldest Sister.

    The "pies" have fallen to my Mom to make, except for the pies that she doesn't like; coconut cream comes to mind, because the coconut gets stuck in her teeth. So I make those. I love my Mom, don't get my wrong, but I'm not going to miss a holiday eating some of my favorite sweets(I don't do sweets, so I indulge this time of year!).

    "Ambrosia Salad" falls to either of my two favorite cousins, because we missed eating lime jello in a bunt mold with miniature marshmellows, shredded coconut, chopped pecans, mandarin oranges, pineapple, and marachino cherries, lathered up in cool whip, and sour cream (to cut the sweetness) like our great Aunt used to make for funerals.

    My cousin Becky said, "It's to remember our Southern Ancestors."

    The plate is always empty when she gets ready to leave, and it's because relatives are sneaking it out the back door in "to go containers" promising to Facebook her for the recipe.



    So I say if you want a slab of ribs for Thanksgiving to naw on, bring them yourself. Just bring enough to share, because you're probably not the only one in your family who feels like you do. And who knows, you might be starting a new tradition.

    Send me a PM MisterMajestic, I'll be more than happy to share with you my oven method for a great slab of ribs.
    Last edited by CTF; November 20th, 2012 at 08:23 PM.
    Never regret anything, because in that moment it's exactly what you wanted.

  18. #18
    JUB Addict T-Rexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    4,722

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Thanksgiving. What are you thankful for in life?

    This past year, I lost my job, my business, my office, my home, my family, and my career.

    I will soon be living in a shelter.

    But, I am thankful for my dog. I will have to give him up, too, when I move to the shelter, of course.

    But, he has been a great friend through all of this, and I am truly thankful for the time we have had together.

  19. #19
    JUB 10k Club
    CTF's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    El corazón de Tejas
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    20,054
    Blog Entries
    23

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Thanksgiving. What are you thankful for in life?

    ^ How about Tony Romo and those Dallas Cowboys?
    Never regret anything, because in that moment it's exactly what you wanted.

  20. #20
    JUB Addict racer2438's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    central coast sm
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married
    Posts
    4,553

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Thanksgiving. What are you thankful for in life?

    Thank full, having faith in our Lord Jesus,
    that I am in good health
    still have my mom
    my many good friends

    My freedom in the US
    have a roof/food

    have our pets: Abby, Nikki, Nigel, Elle Mae
    have some savings

    and most important;; that I have a very loving, caring, out of this world bf/honey/partner/lover/friend of 28 yrs and going strong.

    with out him I would be lost.
    You cant change the way the wind blow's, but you can change the angle of your sail to take you somewhere else!!

  21. #21
    Banned chance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    21,386

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Thanksgiving. What are you thankful for in life?

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Rexx View Post
    This past year, I lost my job, my business, my office, my home, my family, and my career.

    I will soon be living in a shelter.

    But, I am thankful for my dog. I will have to give him up, too, when I move to the shelter, of course.

    But, he has been a great friend through all of this, and I am truly thankful for the time we have had together.
    sorry to hear T-Rexx ........ I wish you the best
    You're far too smart to stay out of work too long ...... chin up
    I was out for a bit ...... it can be very difficult ........ I stayed positive and it helped a great deal ....... as well as having some good friends

    I am thankful for my health and my family and some good friends that i can share my inner thoughts with
    I am thankful to work in a good company that provides a good living
    I am thankful to live in the greatest country in the world - in the greatest city in the world - where being gay is an absolute so what
    I am thankful to have interests in many things that keep me busy and happy
    I am thankful to be alive

    good thread Jack - really good - you're a good man

  22. #22
    Ijubbinatti BostonPirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    14,474
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Thanksgiving. What are you thankful for in life?

    I am thankful for all of you.
    http://www.justusboys.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic345672_2.gif

    We're gonna sit down and have ourselves a drink! And after we're done - after *I'm* done, you can run upstairs and take whichever one of them little pills makes you feel the best~Dolores Claiborne

  23. #23
    JUB Addicts Orlandude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Orlando
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    4,557

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Thanksgiving. What are you thankful for in life?

    I am thankful for...

    Good health
    Good friends and family
    Good education
    That I have a nice roof over my head and good food to eat
    That I wake up every morning, living in the greatest country in the world.

  24. #24
    Reunited
    medic1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Edinburgh Scotland
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    6,657
    Blog Entries
    12

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Thanksgiving. What are you thankful for in life?

    Well i am just thankful that apparently Americans live in the greatest country in the world . .

  25. #25
    Lions&Tigers&Bears Oh My!
    eastofeden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    5,155
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Thanksgiving. What are you thankful for in life?

    I am thankful that I have been able to love someone as deeply and unconditionally as I have for the past 26 years...didnt' think I was capable of it. I am also thankful that my lover is also my best friend and that in addition to loving him I actually like him.

    I am thankful for all of my life experiences because they led me to where I am today and especially the bad ones because they taught me the most.

    I am thankful Obama was re elected.

  26. #26

    Re: Thanksgiving. What are you thankful for in life?

    I thank God that I am an atheist.

    I'm thankful for Obama's reelection.

    I'm thankful I was without power for only 5 days after Hurricane Sandy.

    I'm thankful I live in a region of the country where our local and state governments are functional enough to respond to a horrendous natural disaster and get things up and running afterwards.

    I'm thankful that the 4, 5, and 6 lines are running so I can get to court even though the R train is still knocked out from the hurricane.

  27. #27
    JubberClubber White Eagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Widower
    Posts
    10,855

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Thanksgiving. What are you thankful for in life?

    Quote Originally Posted by centexfarmer View Post
    Depends on who you ask.

    I suppose "cold" in Corpus Christi, is when you have to put on a wind breaker.

    Yes, and I'm thankful that Texas is that big. So that when it does get cold, I'm just 5 or so hours drive away to a nice warm beach. Even though I'd still have to pack a wind breaker, or a warm hoodie.
    Don't forget it snowed Christmas day 2004. Snowmen on that beach you yearn for.
    BEWARE! Harassing the Indian may result in sudden and severe hair loss.

  28. #28
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,238

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Thanksgiving. What are you thankful for in life?

    Quote Originally Posted by medic1 View Post
    Well i am just thankful that apparently Americans live in the greatest country in the world . .
    Quite proper of you to recognize the abundant prodigiousness........
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  29. #29
    Porn Star ReadyWithReadyWit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    328

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Thanksgiving. What are you thankful for in life?

    I am thankful for my friends, family, my health, my new job, an opportunity to build a social life in SF and being born into such an amazing and interesting time in the midst of gay rights and technological progress. Oh... and thanks to all of you guys... you keep me on my feet, make me think, make me laugh, and teach me a thing or two regularly.

  30. #30
    JUB Addict TheFireGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    I-4 Corridor
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,244

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Thanksgiving. What are you thankful for in life?

    I'm thankful cause for once my professional (new job, paid training also) and social (great friend that I believe is sending signals that he really likes me) life are very optimistic.

    It's the end of the world as we know it if those things are very good right now hehe.

  31. #31
    The Mother of Loki Laufey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Reykjavik, Iceland
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,749

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Thanksgiving. What are you thankful for in life?

    My best friend and family.

    And that I'm not poor.

    Can't think of anything else.

  32. #32
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Cleveland
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    6

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Thanksgiving. What are you thankful for in life?

    don't you have to be thankful to something? Who are you thanking I don't get it.

  33. #33
    Reunited
    medic1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Edinburgh Scotland
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    6,657
    Blog Entries
    12

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Thanksgiving. What are you thankful for in life?

    Quote Originally Posted by JayHawk View Post
    Quite proper of you to recognize the abundant prodigiousness........
    Hey There ,
    Great to hear from you even if it is only to get one in.............

  34. #34
    It ain't easy being King MisterMajestic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    10,461

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Thanksgiving. What are you thankful for in life?

    Quote Originally Posted by palemale View Post
    I thank God that I am an atheist..
    God gives all Man free-will....

  35. #35
    Banned chance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    21,386

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Thanksgiving. What are you thankful for in life?

    I am thankful that despite 3 guys bailing last this week in my annual Turkey Bowl ......... that we got 3 newbies to fill in

    Great game on a sun drenched morning in Manhasset, LI - a great turf field

    competitive, fun and no one got hurt

    the rest of the day will be food, drink, football and convo - low key and relaxed

    enjoy boys

  36. #36
    ecce homo rareboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    32,965

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Thanksgiving. What are you thankful for in life?

    Well...................I would be really thankful to be enjoying a long weekend in New York......but......

    Some of us are sitting at our desks because we had thanksgiving back in October....but happy thanksgiving to all our friends from the US.

  37. #37
    JockBoy87
    Guest

    Re: Thanksgiving. What are you thankful for in life?

    Quote Originally Posted by rareboy View Post
    Well...................I would be really thankful to be enjoying a long weekend in New York......but......

    Some of us are sitting at our desks because we had thanksgiving back in October....but happy thanksgiving to all our friends from the US.
    Happy belated Thanksgiving rareboy.

    I don't know why we have ours so late... harvest was many weeks ago down south here in Maryland. Centuries ago, most fresh food would be well pickled by now and stored away for the onslaught of winter.

  38. #38

    Re: Thanksgiving. What are you thankful for in life?

    ^^^

    If my memory from grade school is correct -- the Continental Congress declared a Thanksgiving day about a week before Christmas.

    PS: I'm thankful for a surprise this morning when I looked at my Fantasy Football. Tony Romo did well!!

  39. #39
    JUB 10k Club
    CTF's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    El corazón de Tejas
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    20,054
    Blog Entries
    23

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Thanksgiving. What are you thankful for in life?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    ^^^

    If my memory from grade school is correct -- the Continental Congress declared a Thanksgiving day about a week before Christmas.
    You must have gone to a "private conservative school" because I've never heard of such a thing. Did you also learn that Adam and Eve rode to Sunday School on a Dinosaur?

    PS: I'm thankful for a surprise this morning when I looked at my Fantasy Football. Tony Romo did well!!
    You're obviously a Red Skins fan.

    Ironic that the QB for Washington is a Baylor Graduate, and Tony Romo is a Yankee of the first order.

    Conspiracy?
    Last edited by CTF; November 23rd, 2012 at 01:20 PM.
    Never regret anything, because in that moment it's exactly what you wanted.

  40. #40

    Re: Thanksgiving. What are you thankful for in life?

    Quote Originally Posted by centexfarmer View Post
    You must have gone to a "private conservative school" because I've never heard of such a thing. Did you also learn that Adam and Eve rode to Sunday School on a Dinosaur?



    You're obviously a Red Skins fan.

    Ironic that the QB for Washington is a Baylor Graduate, and Tony Romo is a Yankee of the first order.

    Conspiracy?
    I was correct. The Continental Congress established a day of Thanksgiving and Praise for December 18, 1777. You are also sort of correct -- I did go to a Parochial Day School.

    No way am I a Redskins (one word, BTW) fan. I was late in the QB pickings for Fantasy Football . . so I had to settle for Romo.

    ... you're hitting zero CenTexFarmer.

  41. #41
    JUB Addict Sausy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    21,033
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Thanksgiving. What are you thankful for in life?

    Thankful for my family and that I somehow, with all my screwup personality have managed to hold on to a job 23 years that helps me get by. Also for my friends here(many who have migrated to Facebook primarily or left JUB altogether) who I really am happy to be at least some welcome small part of their lives.
    unofficial official mini meet Friday- Saturday April 11-12, 2014

  42. #42
    JUB 10k Club
    CTF's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    El corazón de Tejas
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    20,054
    Blog Entries
    23

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Thanksgiving. What are you thankful for in life?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    I was correct. The Continental Congress established a day of Thanksgiving and Praise for December 18, 1777. You are also sort of correct -- I did go to a Parochial Day School.
    Links or it didn't happen!

    I already knew that I was correct about everything else.

    No way am I a Redskins (one word, BTW) fan. I was late in the QB pickings for Fantasy Football . . so I had to settle for Romo.
    And who amongst us wouldn't tap that?

    ... you're hitting zero CenTexFarmer.
    It wouldn't be the first time, and it dang sure won't be the last.
    Never regret anything, because in that moment it's exactly what you wanted.

  43. #43

    Re: Thanksgiving. What are you thankful for in life?


  44. #44
    JUB 10k Club
    CTF's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    El corazón de Tejas
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    20,054
    Blog Entries
    23

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Thanksgiving. What are you thankful for in life?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    That link has some "flowery words."

    So what they're saying must be true.
    Never regret anything, because in that moment it's exactly what you wanted.

  45. #45
    JockBoy87
    Guest

    Re: Thanksgiving. What are you thankful for in life?

    Quote Originally Posted by centexfarmer View Post
    That link has some "flowery words."

    So what they're saying must be true.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallacy#Proof_by_verbosity

  46. #46
    JUB 10k Club
    CTF's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    El corazón de Tejas
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    20,054
    Blog Entries
    23

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Thanksgiving. What are you thankful for in life?

    Thank you Sir!

    You made my point with a "link."
    Never regret anything, because in that moment it's exactly what you wanted.

  47. #47
    Defender of Downtrodden
    DonQuixote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Western New York
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Curious
    Status
    Married
    Posts
    39,330

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Thanksgiving. What are you thankful for in life?

    I'm a bit late to the thread, but since I don't venture into CE&P much, perhaps I'll be forgiven the late post. I'm still on vacation for the holiday, so maybe that makes it count.

    I'm thankful for family near and far, and for friends the same - some of whom I've met face to face, and many on here whom I've never seen in person.

    Illlmatic - most of us are thankful to God, but you don't have to be thankful TO anyone/thing in order to be thankful FOR something/one.

    Medic1, I'm glad your Scot's sense of humour is well intact after life's exigencies. It's good to have you back after your not-so-vacation in the Sunny Middle East.


    And I know, if I'll only be true, to this glorious quest . . .

  48. #48
    FEAR THE LIBERAL DETENTE! TX-Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Austin
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    8,364

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Thanksgiving. What are you thankful for in life?

    Hereabouts Thanksgiving has always been a communal thing. All the old families in our part of the county gather at the little church that's been there since we stole Texas from the Mexicans, to come together for a communal feast of thanks for harvests (lots of farmers who don't work for Monsanto) and the enduring love we have for the jeebbus - and I am extremely thankful I only have to deal with them once a year.
    ATTACK OF THE LIBERAL ELITE

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.