JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

remove these banner ads by becoming a JUB Supporter.

Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 48910 14 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 450 of 1418

Thread: Tell me more about Andreus

      
   
  1. #401
    Unplugged .... justaguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,119
    Blog Entries
    4

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Tell me more about Andreus

    Quote Originally Posted by borg69unimatrix View Post
    If I knew your story, I'd might have more sympathy for you. Until then, you're just as bad as (allegedly) he is/was, or worse.
    Oh .. for fuck's sake!!

  2. #402
    stacy
    Guest

    Re: Tell me more about Andreus

    Can I ask a question?

    Who in this thread is real?

    Have any of you shared real and true information out in the open on this board?

    I get that "faking" and "lying" are heinous crimes here, but Andreus is not "Mr Outsider." He created a persona for himself and went with it, if we are certain he is not real, which I obviously am not in the loop on. He did not create this persona to harm anyone or steal from anyone. He needed sympathy and attention. Which he got. And is still getting as a "dead man."

    I can almost guarantee that most people in this thread have embellished some or all or most or part of their lives to seem more interesting. Who in here can honestly and truly say "I have not said anything even remotely untrue about myself on the internet, and more specifically on this board."

    Andreus Thanos did not cause anyone any harm. We might have egg on our faces for believing an elaborate story, but can anyone in this thread tell me how a fake internet poster caused your life harm?

  3. #403
    tombastep
    Guest

    Re: Tell me more about Andreus

    Quote Originally Posted by stacy View Post
    Can I ask a question?

    Who in this thread is real?

    Have any of you shared real and true information out in the open on this board?
    Yes.

    ........

  4. #404
    thatgirl
    Guest

    Re: Tell me more about Andreus

    Quote Originally Posted by stacy View Post
    ...but can anyone in this thread tell me how a fake internet poster caused your life harm?
    I honestly have NO idea who Andreus is, I don't really care if he was fake or real or whatever. I'm only in this thread out of curiosity.

    But I think some people are saying they feel 'emotionally manipulated' by fake posters. They opened themselves up emotionally to them and feel like they got burnt. I can't relate to their experiences but I'm sure it's painful and unsettling in its own weird sort of way. *shrug*

  5. #405
    stacy
    Guest

    Re: Tell me more about Andreus

    Quote Originally Posted by tombastep View Post
    Yes.

    ........
    Bullshit.

    Quote Originally Posted by thatgirl View Post
    I honestly have NO idea who Andreus is, I don't really care if he was fake or real or whatever. I'm only in this thread out of curiosity.

    But I think some people are saying they feel 'emotionally manipulated' by fake posters. They opened themselves up emotionally and feel like they got burnt. I can't relate to their experiences but I'm sure it's painful and unsettling in its own weird sort of way. *shrug*
    Guess what. Real in the flesh people can emotionally manipulate you too. You really think that just because we're on the Internet it's suddenly more of a crime to fake a persona?

    9 pages we've gone through here and all we've got is speculation, cryptic "I got a revealing PM but nobody else can know what I know" and finger-pointing.
    Last edited by stacy; November 29th, 2012 at 11:24 AM.

  6. #406
    thatgirl
    Guest

    Re: Tell me more about Andreus

    Quote Originally Posted by stacy View Post
    Guess what. Real in the flesh people can emotionally manipulate you too. You really think that just because we're on the Internet it's suddenly more of a crime to fake a persona?
    I don't think people are saying it's "more of a crime."

    They're saying that the hurt can be just as real and that people should be held accountable (just like they often are in RL) when they emotionally manipulate others by lying.

    Like I said, I can't relate to this personally but it is what it is...

  7. #407
    tombastep
    Guest

    Re: Tell me more about Andreus

    Quote Originally Posted by stacy View Post
    Bullshit.
    Really now? I've met/talked to a couple of jubbers offline and one of them is my boyfriend. That plenty of "veteran" members know. I have shared things in confessions thread, specifically health issues. I've shared that I was at a party where a young kid died and many more things over the years.

    Guess what. Real in the flesh people can emotionally manipulate you too. You really think that just because we're on the Internet it's suddenly more of a crime to fake a persona?
    And it is wrong to emotionally manipulate people in real life just as much as it is on the internet. The only difference is that some of us don't try to excuse it because "it's the internet". Like thatgirl said people get emotionally attached to people on the internet and like some one else posted when jub was smaller (which is when Andreus was here) it was even easier to get that feeling.

  8. #408
    stacy
    Guest

    Re: Tell me more about Andreus

    Quote Originally Posted by thatgirl View Post
    I don't think people are saying it's "more of a crime."

    They're saying that the hurt can be just as real and that people should be held accountable (just like they often are in RL) when they emotionally manipulate others by lying.

    Like I said, I can't relate to this personally but it is what it is...
    I can relate to being emotionally manipulated, on the Internet, on this very message board. But just because I had a run in with a poster who felt the need to embellish who he was does not mean that I need to witch hunt and obsess over every possible fake who comes along after him, or came before him. Look, I have been directly affected by Andreus. I told my story. He hated me, he antagonized me, he baited me so that I would fuck up and get myself banned. But that was 5 years ago. And whoever he is or was or could be is long gone. Whether the poster who created him is here or not - the entity that was Andreus is dead. Get over it.

  9. #409
    Unplugged .... justaguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,119
    Blog Entries
    4

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Tell me more about Andreus

    Quote Originally Posted by tombastep View Post
    Really now? I've met/talked to a couple of jubbers offline and one of them is my boyfriend. That plenty of "veteran" members know. I have shared things in confessions thread, specifically health issues. I've shared that I was at a party where a young kid died and many more things over the years.
    I agree. And good on you. There is one person on here that I have shared some quite private stuff with. I'd hate for him to think that anything I told him was untrue "because it's the internet and you've got to expect it." When I came to Jub I spewed out so much of myself on a thread, and not a single word of it was a lie. And to be honest, that's what I expect of all other jubbers. Otherwise I may as well not be here.
    Last edited by justaguy; November 29th, 2012 at 11:47 AM.

  10. #410
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    9,390

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Tell me more about Andreus

    Quote Originally Posted by stacy View Post
    I can relate to being emotionally manipulated, on the Internet, on this very message board. But just because I had a run in with a poster who felt the need to embellish who he was does not mean that I need to witch hunt and obsess over every possible fake who comes along after him, or came before him. Look, I have been directly affected by Andreus. I told my story. He hated me, he antagonized me, he baited me so that I would fuck up and get myself banned. But that was 5 years ago. And whoever he is or was or could be is long gone. Whether the poster who created him is here or not - the entity that was Andreus is dead. Get over it.
    Alternately if it bothers you this much you could just skirt the discussions of him? You seem very upset by the topic.

  11. #411
    stacy
    Guest

    Re: Tell me more about Andreus

    Quote Originally Posted by tombastep View Post
    Really now? I've met/talked to a couple of jubbers offline and one of them is my boyfriend. That plenty of "veteran" members know. I have shared things in confessions thread, specifically health issues. I've shared that I was at a party where a young kid died and many more things over the years.



    And it is wrong to emotionally manipulate people in real life just as much as it is on the internet. The only difference is that some of us don't try to excuse it because "it's the internet". Like thatgirl said people get emotionally attached to people on the internet and like some one else posted when jub was smaller (which is when Andreus was here) it was even easier to get that feeling.
    But. Just because other posters can vouch for you does not make you real. There are a handful of posters in this thread who swear Andreus was real. He shared personal information with them and and shared his pictures. They can say that he is real, as far as they have been told.

    Yes. I know that you met your boyfriend here, and you have shared information in the confessions thread. But I don't know you. I don't know your real name and I've never spoken to you directly on a personal level. So I can, without a doubt, accuse you of being fake.

    I don't have to trust the 3 people who might be able to say you're real because hell, I might not believe they're real. As I've mentioned, I have seen certain posters at a JUB meet and I still find myself wondering if I made them up in my mind.

    That is what is going on in this thread. Circles of "ya but I know him" and "ya but I can prove he's not real." You HAVE to take a little bit of "this is the internet" into account when you meet anyone at all. In real life it sucks to be manipulated but it is much more simple to uncover the truth. Online you HAVE to be more cautious of who you give yourself to emotionally. And you cannot get angry at the manipulator because he fooled you. You are at least partially responsible for figuring out the reality yourself.

    I take full responsibility for believing in the internet persona of the people that have screwed me over here. Dragging on a thread for 9 pages because I'm butt hurt doesn't help me get over it and pointing fingers at people who believed doesn't help either.

    Real or not the Andreus saga SHOULD have ended when he died. I get that I am participating in this thread and thus helping it live on but really, do we need to witch hunt a dead persona?

  12. #412
    thatgirl
    Guest

    Re: Tell me more about Andreus

    Quote Originally Posted by stacy View Post
    I can relate to being emotionally manipulated, on the Internet, on this very message board. But just because I had a run in with a poster who felt the need to embellish who he was does not mean that I need to witch hunt and obsess over every possible fake who comes along after him, or came before him. Look, I have been directly affected by Andreus. I told my story. He hated me, he antagonized me, he baited me so that I would fuck up and get myself banned. But that was 5 years ago. And whoever he is or was or could be is long gone. Whether the poster who created him is here or not - the entity that was Andreus is dead. Get over it.
    And I respect that...

    But I can also understand that not everyone will deal with it in the same way you have by simply moving on. They may have some lingering issues that bubble up to the surface whenever the subject is brought up. They might take it upon themselves to prevent others from getting hurt by fake personas because its cathartic for them to do so. etc

    Ultimately, I approach it in this way because it's not really my place to dictate how people should deal with emotional hang-ups or how quickly they should work to resolve them.

    As for the "witchhunts"...I'd suggest people message the Mods rather than resorting to personal attacks. That's how I'd handle it but when people get worked up emotionally and have a history of being duped by "sockpuppets/trolls/fakers" I can see why they'd get carried away.

  13. #413
    stacy
    Guest

    Re: Tell me more about Andreus

    Quote Originally Posted by thatgirl View Post
    And I respect that...

    But I can also understand that not everyone will deal with it in the same way you have by simply moving on. They may have some lingering issues that bubble up to the surface whenever the subject is brought up. They might take it upon themselves to prevent others from getting hurt by fake personas because its cathartic for them to do so. etc

    Ultimately, I approach it in this way because it's not really my place to dictate how people should deal with emotional hang-ups or how quickly they should work to resolve them.

    As for the "witchhunts"...I'd suggest people message the Mods rather than resorting to personal attacks. That's how I'd handle it but when people get worked up emotionally and have a history of being duped by "sockpuppets/trolls/fakers" I can see why they'd get carried away.
    Obviously I have not moved on because I am still participating in this stupid thread. But, your last paragraph is kinda what I have been trying to say but my direct connection with the person in question clouded my judgement in how to say it.

    "Andreus" is the catalyst that started my emotionally charged journey through JUB. I am obviously still very connected to that. But, that is my fault. Not "Andreus'" so I am finding it hard to understand the thread.
    Last edited by stacy; November 29th, 2012 at 12:05 PM.

  14. #414
    soooooo collllldddd rareboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    31,108

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Tell me more about Andreus


  15. #415

    Re: Tell me more about Andreus

    This thread's getting off-topic

  16. #416
    JUB Addict BiMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,483

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Tell me more about Andreus

    I think the 'topic' has been flogged to death. Time to move on!

  17. #417
    Ruminating
    sixthson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    10,844
    Blog Entries
    15

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Tell me more about Andreus

    I am so tired of hearing people say "this is just the internet", implying that others here are really not worthy of the same respect we give to those in our day to day lives. It devalues all of us. By saying this is just the internet, it makes our mistreatment of others excusable. People then feel free to use others and then press a button and they are gone and it really doesn't matter because this is just the internet and we are not real people.
    Everyone wants to be heard. No one wants to listen.

  18. #418

    Re: Tell me more about Andreus

    Wish he was here.I bet I'd love that guy

  19. #419
    soooooo collllldddd rareboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    31,108

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Tell me more about Andreus

    MISFIT

    That was the name of one of JUB's most infamous fakes.

  20. #420
    stacy
    Guest

    Re: Tell me more about Andreus

    Quote Originally Posted by sixthson View Post
    I am so tired of hearing people say "this is just the internet", implying that others here are really not worthy of the same respect we give to those in our day to day lives. It devalues all of us. By saying this is just the internet, it makes our mistreatment of others excusable. People then feel free to use others and then press a button and they are gone and it really doesn't matter because this is just the internet and we are not real people.
    Do not mistake my words for passing off the internet as some cesspool of idiotic behavior. I have met amazing people here, many who have left and many who are still here. I believe in them just as I would anyone in real life. My posts should be taken as "shit happens, and even more in the online world." I do not devalue anyone. I have not changed how I reveal myself to anyone in public threads, in PMs or in comments. I value everyone I come across. If they fuck me over that's my fault. I don't have the right to drag them through JUB hell because I got manipulated. I move on then do it again just as fast, and not because I am stupid, but because I believe in giving people the benefit of the doubt.

    I see things from many angles. That might not be clear in this thread because of my direct involvement, but do not mistake me for being one sided. I get the hurt and the betrayal. I don't get the need to lay it all out in a thread in a way that makes those that believed in him feel even more shitty and those that know he's not real feel vindicated. It's rude.

  21. #421
    Know thyself kallipolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Piraeus, Greece
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    11,068

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Tell me more about Andreus

    There is no doubt that Andreus was - and may be still is - a tortured person who thrives on misrepresenting himself for reasons better known to himself despite which I was much more interested in his views on Islam to worry about yet another gay man living with a challenging personality.

    An authentic Greek would spell his name Andreas from Ανδρέας rather than the Latin us

    The alleged brother, Mitri (an abbrevation for Dimitrios and predictably utilised for very young children) in one of his last posts, if not the last post suddenly transformed his (deliberately?) poorly written posts into the quality of written English that Andreus impressed me with when arguing on behalf of his Islamic beliefs.

    Hooded Rat and I share the same view that Andreus faked his death and posted as his brother Dimitrios for reasons best known to himself perhaps illustrating that his personality is rather complicated.

    I am also perplexed by the sudden appearance of the poster, posting as Enchanted attempting to elicit contributions/opinions on Andreus when recalling that he had an enormous appetite for compliments.

    I am an occasional visitor to the gay bars of Gazi, Athens, Greece and have yet to note anyone resembling the image portrayed in the photographs that he posted on this site representing him.

  22. #422
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    9,390

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Tell me more about Andreus

    Quote Originally Posted by stacy View Post
    Do not mistake my words for passing off the internet as some cesspool of idiotic behavior. I have met amazing people here, many who have left and many who are still here. I believe in them just as I would anyone in real life. My posts should be taken as "shit happens, and even more in the online world." I do not devalue anyone. I have not changed how I reveal myself to anyone in public threads, in PMs or in comments. I value everyone I come across. If they fuck me over that's my fault. I don't have the right to drag them through JUB hell because I got manipulated. I move on then do it again just as fast, and not because I am stupid, but because I believe in giving people the benefit of the doubt.

    I see things from many angles. That might not be clear in this thread because of my direct involvement, but do not mistake me for being one sided. I get the hurt and the betrayal. I don't get the need to lay it all out in a thread in a way that makes those that believed in him feel even more shitty and those that know he's not real feel vindicated. It's rude.
    I might be misreading you but the message I got from your last couple posts is "yeah bad stuff happens but if it happens to you online you're to blame for it."

    I don't know that I entirely agree with that line of thinking.

  23. #423
    stacy
    Guest

    Re: Tell me more about Andreus

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    I might be misreading you but the message I got from your last couple posts is "yeah bad stuff happens but if it happens to you online you're to blame for it."

    I don't know that I entirely agree with that line of thinking.
    You are misreading. My posts are saying you are EQUALLY to blame, not solely.

  24. #424
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    9,390

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Tell me more about Andreus

    Quote Originally Posted by stacy View Post
    You are misreading. My posts are saying you are EQUALLY to blame, not solely.
    So someone who intentionally sets out to mislead others is equally to blame with anyone who believes him?

  25. #425
    panegyric JUB Admin Corny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Germany!
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    36,213
    Blog Entries
    12

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Tell me more about Andreus

    Quote Originally Posted by rareboy View Post
    I always keep wondering if Andreus Thanos ever met Andréas Thanos the photographer?http://www.marbleheadphoto.com/About.htm.

    You'd think that since Andréas' studio was right by the Boston Medical Centre that Andreus might run into him there while doing translating work in the Emerg. Department. (Isn't that the hospital Andreus worked at or is my memory faulty?)
    Hmm interesting. And a photographer would have a perfect grasp at very private, very intimate pictures of other persons. Pictures that never would be published elsewhere ..
    Also a photographer would have at least a vague grasp about reporters moving around with people in war zones .. a little detail that Kyanimal in his synopsis missed. This is also one detail where I caught him lying and he gave me a technical, but wrong explanation - probably not knowing how deep I am into the topic. That was the time when I started to get very suspicious.
    Last edited by Corny; November 29th, 2012 at 12:45 PM.
    Check out my very own Body Hair Lovers and Photography Groups!

  26. #426

    Re: Tell me more about Andreus

    Quote Originally Posted by stacy View Post
    Do not mistake my words for passing off the internet as some cesspool of idiotic behavior. I have met amazing people here, many who have left and many who are still here. I believe in them just as I would anyone in real life. My posts should be taken as "shit happens, and even more in the online world." I do not devalue anyone. I have not changed how I reveal myself to anyone in public threads, in PMs or in comments. I value everyone I come across. If they fuck me over that's my fault. I don't have the right to drag them through JUB hell because I got manipulated. I move on then do it again just as fast, and not because I am stupid, but because I believe in giving people the benefit of the doubt.

    I see things from many angles. That might not be clear in this thread because of my direct involvement, but do not mistake me for being one sided. I get the hurt and the betrayal. I don't get the need to lay it all out in a thread in a way that makes those that believed in him feel even more shitty and those that know he's not real feel vindicated. It's rude.


    This post has the word "I" in it sixteen times, plus "me", "myself" and "my" four times.

  27. #427
    tombastep
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by stacy View Post

    But. Just because other posters can vouch for you does not make you real. There are a handful of posters in this thread who swear Andreus was real. He shared personal information with them and and shared his pictures. They can say that he is real, as far as they have been told.

    Yes. I know that you met your boyfriend here, and you have shared information in the confessions thread. But I don't know you. I don't know your real name and I've never spoken to you directly on a personal level. So I can, without a doubt, accuse you of being fake.
    My response wasnt there to prove that i am in fact real or not, it is in response of you saying bullshit to me as if i never did share anything personal on here.

    And afaik there is only one person on here who have claimed to actually met him on here? I could be wrong. Not that it really matters because i think no matter what there will be people who believe he was real, or people will speculate that he was fake and some of this wont like that, but some of us can live with it.

    I already expressed my opinion on it, But i don't think it is fair to get on people who might actually have been hurt by a possible fake persona.

  28. #428
    stacy
    Guest

    Re: Tell me more about Andreus

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    So someone who intentionally sets out to mislead others is equally to blame with anyone who believes him?
    Yep. That's how I feel. People are assholes. We have to decide if we just don't care or if we want to avoid them at all costs. When we choose to believe, we take part in the fakery as soon as we make that decision. It is a risk we take. That is how I look at it, does not mean you have to. I'm just sharing my thoughts and asking questions.

  29. #429
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    9,390

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Tell me more about Andreus

    Quote Originally Posted by stacy View Post
    Yep. That's how I feel. People are assholes. We have to decide if we just don't care or if we want to avoid them at all costs. When we choose to believe, we take part in the fakery as soon as we make that decision. It is a risk we take. That is how I look at it, does not mean you have to. I'm just sharing my thoughts and asking questions.
    So if I'm in an alley waiting to rape someone and a woman comes into the alley we're both to blame?

    This is victim-blaming logic, just saying.

  30. #430
    stacy
    Guest

    Re: Tell me more about Andreus

    Quote Originally Posted by pat grimshaw View Post


    This post has the word "I" in it sixteen times, plus "me", "myself" and "my" four times.
    Would you prefer I speak for you instead?

  31. #431
    stacy
    Guest

    Re: Tell me more about Andreus

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    So if I'm in an alley waiting to rape someone and a woman comes into the alley we're both to blame?

    This is victim-blaming logic, just saying.
    Once again we are overblowing fakery on the internet. Andreus did not rape anyone by claiming to be a Greek God living in Boston. Internet fakers are not rapists or murderers. They are people who feel the need to embellish life online so they don't have to tell you what they're really like offline. Is that rape? 'Cause I'd like to know if I can call my authorities and report some people.

  32. #432
    Ruminating
    sixthson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    10,844
    Blog Entries
    15

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Tell me more about Andreus

    Stacy, you did say if someone fucks you over, that is your fault. That is not your fault.
    Everyone wants to be heard. No one wants to listen.

  33. #433
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    9,390

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Tell me more about Andreus

    Quote Originally Posted by stacy View Post
    Once again we are overblowing fakery on the internet. Andreus did not rape anyone by claiming to be a Greek God living in Boston. Internet fakers are not rapists or murderers. They are people who feel the need to embellish life online so they don't have to tell you what they're really like offline. Is that rape? 'Cause I'd like to know if I can call my authorities and report some people.
    I never said he was a rapist. I was entirely talking about your logic that someone actually setting out to do wrong to others is equally to blame with the person who lets the wrong be done to them.

  34. #434
    JohannBessler
    Guest

    Re: Tell me more about Andreus

    ^I don't agree with this, Buzzers. It blames the victim too much.

    At any rate, I don't know about the rest of you, but I feel a keen sense of disappointment and betrayal. I still think it possible that "Andreus" may have given us fake names, but frankly I doubt it.

    @Tombastep: now you can see why I don't trust the Internet.

  35. #435
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    9,390

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Tell me more about Andreus

    Quote Originally Posted by JohannBessler View Post
    ^I don't agree with this, Buzzers. It blames the victim too much.

    At any rate, I don't know about the rest of you, but I feel a keen sense of disappointment and betrayal. I still think it possible that "Andreus" may have given us fake names, but frankly I doubt it.

    @Tombastep: now you can see why I don't trust the Internet.
    I was referring to Stacy's position... I wasn't stating mine.

  36. #436
    The gay gargoyle
    G-Lexington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Denver CO
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    44,336
    Blog Entries
    21

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Tell me more about Andreus

    I'm assuming we can toss Boston Pirate on that fire, as well.

    And just so you know, I've lied about something on this messageboard. I mentioned that in the "true confessions" thread, I think. Johann asked me what that lie was, and I told him I didn't remember. Which was lie number two.

    Lex

  37. #437
    Are u haleloo ya ? Telstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    27,789

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Tell me more about Andreus

    The photographer Andréas Thanos from rareboy's link,
    i looked at his photos, very unskilled photographer.


    NEVER LISTEN TO A ONE SIDED STORY AND JUDGE.

  38. #438
    tombastep
    Guest

    Re: Tell me more about Andreus

    Quote Originally Posted by JohannBessler View Post

    @Tombastep: now you can see why I don't trust the Internet.
    What do you mean?

  39. #439
    WTF????? refujiunderground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    10,095
    Blog Entries
    43

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Tell me more about Andreus

    Quote Originally Posted by stacy View Post
    Once again we are overblowing fakery on the internet. Andreus did not rape anyone by claiming to be a Greek God living in Boston. Internet fakers are not rapists or murderers. They are people who feel the need to embellish life online so they don't have to tell you what they're really like offline. Is that rape? 'Cause I'd like to know if I can call my authorities and report some people.
    well, yay and nay.

    it depends on how someone goes about it. someone like sloppyseconds is harmless and funny. however, if sloppyseconds decides one day to become a real person where he interacts with us, sends us messages, asking for our phone numbers and get personal with us and the person behind him is not real or someone faking for whatever reason, then it becomes something potentially serious. you never know what's the reason for someone faking or if they're a telemarketer or a crazy person that basically uses your trust only to get your phone number and identity to rob you or even kill you. don't underestimate the power of an alias or web fakers. people have died over it. not to long ago, there was a guy in brooklyn that got murdered when he was lured to someone's spot after meeting them off craigslist by "a woman" that agreed to have casual sex with him. went over to the apartment, got snatched up, robbed and killed. that could easily happen here or anywhere on the web.
    one thing about the closet/you don't have to hurry/it will be bad tomorrow/so brother, don't you worry

  40. #440
    The old familiar sting blackbeltninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Cape Town; the arse-end of the Dark Continent
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    9,096
    Blog Entries
    17

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Tell me more about Andreus

    If I'm honest, Stacy, your reaction seems disproportionate. I'm clearly missing something, here - are you annoyed with the persistence in dragging his name through the mud of JUB's gardens, or annoyed that your frustration and turmoil in learning to live and let live with Andreus may have been nothing more than a game he was playing?

    I say that because if indeed he was a persona and it wasn't a game, then what was it? I'm open to suggestion.

    This has all been enlightening either way. I certainly didn't have enough dealings with him in any of the alleged incarnations to ever think he wasn't real.

    -d-
    Members: [insert appropriate/relevant wise saying or deep thought here]
    Thank you.


    I hope you get this message.
    Comments welcome.

  41. #441
    IllumiNaughty Overlord. bankside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married (to a man)
    Posts
    15,403
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Tell me more about Andreus

    Quote Originally Posted by kallipolis View Post
    There is no doubt that Andreus was - and may be still is - a tortured person who thrives on misrepresenting himself for reasons better known to himself despite which I was much more interested in his views on Islam to worry about yet another gay man living with a challenging personality.

    An authentic Greek would spell his name Andreas from Ανδρέας rather than the Latin us

    The alleged brother, Mitri (an abbrevation for Dimitrios and predictably utilised for very young children) in one of his last posts, if not the last post suddenly transformed his (deliberately?) poorly written posts into the quality of written English that Andreus impressed me with when arguing on behalf of his Islamic beliefs.

    Hooded Rat and I share the same view that Andreus faked his death and posted as his brother Dimitrios for reasons best known to himself perhaps illustrating that his personality is rather complicated.

    I am also perplexed by the sudden appearance of the poster, posting as Enchanted attempting to elicit contributions/opinions on Andreus when recalling that he had an enormous appetite for compliments.

    I am an occasional visitor to the gay bars of Gazi, Athens, Greece and have yet to note anyone resembling the image portrayed in the photographs that he posted on this site representing him.
    As it happens I know an authentic Bengali who spelt her name phonetically in Canada so as to elicit the correct pronunciation.

    Also, do the gay bars of Gazi have video links to the Boston area where Andreus is reputed to have danced?
    Americans need to keep their guns so they can protect themselves from gun violence just like Nancy Lanza did. And like Chris Kyle did. And like Gabby Giffords did. And like Tom Clements did. And like Michael Piemonte.

  42. #442
    IllumiNaughty Overlord. bankside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married (to a man)
    Posts
    15,403
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Tell me more about Andreus

    Oh. And I know a child of Asian immigrants whose parents expected they were giving their son an English name similar to the Cantonese name they intended for him when in fact through their own misunderstanding it was a conventional French-Canadian name. They were baffled at the "mispronunciation" having planned in advance to prevent it.

    The transliteration of personal names in an unconventional way is indicative of nothing.
    Americans need to keep their guns so they can protect themselves from gun violence just like Nancy Lanza did. And like Chris Kyle did. And like Gabby Giffords did. And like Tom Clements did. And like Michael Piemonte.

  43. #443
    JUB Addict HunterM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    6,277

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Tell me more about Andreus

    Just read through this entire thread to pass the time in a dr.'s waiting room. Wow! There is enough material on this thread to make a movie!...at least a TV movie.

  44. #444
    Keeland
    Guest

    Re: Tell me more about Andreus

    Quote Originally Posted by Corny View Post
    This is also one detail where I caught him lying and he gave me a technical, but wrong explanation - probably not knowing how deep I am into the topic. That was the time when I started to get very suspicious.
    Wish you could tell us what it was, if only for something concrete at last, unless revealing it you would deem as unethical. His degree of error would be helpful in attempting to reach a conclusion.

    I admit I'm simply curious, as well. (I was here at the time as Keeland, though my profile says I joined a couple of years later.)

  45. #445
    peace and long life
    MidnightPrism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Monroe, GA
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    14,369
    Blog Entries
    13

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Tell me more about Andreus

    This thread is thoroughly entertaining and amusing. Thanos wasn't his true last name. I was told in private that it was his middle name and his last name was something different.

    Another internet lie?


  46. #446

    Re: Tell me more about Andreus

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightPrism View Post
    This thread is thoroughly entertaining and amusing. Thanos wasn't his true last name. I was told in private that it was his middle name and his last name was something different.

    Another internet lie?

    Big deal.

    Earlier, in this very thread, Boston Pirate told us that Andreus was known to lie.


    And, actually, a last/other name has been posted on this site before – already public info.

  47. #447
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    9,390

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Tell me more about Andreus

    Quote Originally Posted by Kahaih View Post
    Big deal.

    Earlier, in this very thread, Boston Pirate told us that Andreus was known to lie.


    And, actually, a last/other name has been posted on this site before – already public info.
    An open tendency to lie, at least to me, doesn't lend much credibility to the idea that "he was totally real but was just lying about his name."

    Really though the thing that makes me most suspicious with any big online personality is the online-death event. There's just been SO MANY cases of that being fake I'm always instantly suspicious of anyone "big" in an online community who has a death, particularly if a "relative" then shows up after.

  48. #448

    Re: Tell me more about Andreus

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    . . . . .

    Really though the thing that makes me most suspicious with any big online personality is the online-death event. There's just been SO MANY cases of that being fake I'm always instantly suspicious of anyone "big" in an online community who has a death, particularly if a "relative" then shows up after.
    Absolutely.

    I wouldn’t care too much about that either, except that, in this case, a very mean spirited cyber bully has returned from the dead with his same miserable rotten behavior.

  49. #449
    Thankfully Liberal & Gay
    frankfrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Illinois (Agent Provocateur and Refujiunderground you can do it)
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    14,849
    Blog Entries
    5

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Tell me more about Andreus

    Quote Originally Posted by JohannBessler View Post
    For individuals who still live, several databases exist. My favorite one is Peoplefinders dot com. I'd assess it as "very accurate", but not "extremely accurate

    I deem NexusLexus the single most accurate database for the living. Professional private detectives use that database first; oftentimes, they can find a missing person within 15 minutes. However, you must pay to use it,
    This is a side-topic to the thread, JB, but I went to peoplefinders and I didn't see anything about paying, other than either a pay-per-use thing, or a short-term (monthly) cost which I haven't been able to justify. If there was some such people-search website which gave an annual or lifetime membership, I'd consider joining it (if it's verified to be the "real deal" and a good source). Do EITHER of these go deep enough where, if I have somebody's old college and parents' home addresses from well over 40 years ago and it's somebody with a fairly common name, am I going to be able to find that person?

    There's similarly somebody with a VERY common Jewish name in New York City who I've wanted to look up for decades as well. I don't want to pay for something, then find out that having old addresses is entirely useless.

    Quote Originally Posted by Telstra View Post
    I thought his avatar body pic was his.
    His avatar pic looks like a muscular big guy with a huge penis.
    I only "liked to think" that the avatar was his, but I remember in my VERY early days here I complimented somebody in New Jersey on his avatar (I forget who) and he wrote back to tell me the picture wasn't him. Therefore, I only thought the avatar "might" be Andreus at the time.

    Quote Originally Posted by stacy View Post
    Real or not the Andreus saga SHOULD have ended when he died. I get that I am participating in this thread and thus helping it live on but really, do we need to witch hunt a dead persona?
    ^ THIS.

    I don't even remember whether "Andreus" had much influence on me at all, let alone whether it was positive or negative in nature, because my only interaction was following his story (ONE CANNOT DENY THAT IT WAS **INTERESTING**) and I THINK that I may have posted occasionally in his related thread(s). There is little doubt that some people here feel they benefited in some way from Andreus being here. Real or not, the man behind his persona (who may have been "Andreus" or just as easily could have been Pascal H. Tremblay or something...but I'm sure it was indeed a man) presented interesting and intelligent discussion, and more than likely caused more than one person to look at an issue or argument in a way that hadn't occurred to them. Even though it came from a person who appears to have been fake(d), it doesn't change the fact that somebody reacted to one or more of his posts.

    HOLD ON TO THAT, AND CHERISH IT.

    Sometimes, even out-and-out blatant lies can be what finally drills through somebody's wall, and makes that person have an epiphany, or see where he/she was previously making big mistakes about something, etc. This can happen directly from the fakery itself, or from the result of other people believing the fakery. It may be the response-to-a-response-to-a-response to his original post, which "gets through" that wall.

    At the very least, the impostor was quite articulate AND ENGAGING; the very action of people responding to his posts often caused the responders to think through issues while posting. "Andreus" had a way of causing people to respond while (or after) crystallizing their own thoughts. That is usually not a bad thing, and whether "Andreus" was fake or not has little bearing on that.

    If anything, seeing that Andreus very likely was perhaps the most elaborate sock puppet in JUB history, makes me (if anything) ALL THE MORE curious about the *real* person behind the posts. (If that person happens to be reading this, and you tell me it was you, Sloppy Seconds, I won't tell...any secret will go to the grave with me.)
    Quote Originally Posted by rareboy View Post
    MISFIT

    That was the name of one of JUB's most infamous fakes.
    I remember him, he lifted pictures "of him" from a European model's website or something. I actually interacted with him a little bit after he was busted. I've always hoped that my interaction with him gave at least a bit of solace to a person who obviously was plagued with a troubled soul (and even that choice of username was sort of a signal of that).

    Quote Originally Posted by kallipolis View Post
    I was much more interested in his views on Islam to worry about yet another gay man living with a challenging personality.

    Hooded Rat and I share the same view that Andreus faked his death and posted as his brother Dimitrios for reasons best known to himself perhaps illustrating that his personality is rather complicated.

    I am an occasional visitor to the gay bars of Gazi, Athens, Greece and have yet to note anyone resembling the image portrayed in the photographs that he posted on this site representing him.
    Exactly. An entirely fake person can STILL bring forth very interesting points of view, ones that can still cause somebody to look at things from other perspectives, and learn in the process.

    It still makes me curious, though, about the person who was actually behind "Andreus" and fabricating the posts. Clearly that person was/is articulate and highly intelligent, as there isn't/wasn't/never will be any way to fake the depth of some of the posts; they had to come from somewhere.

    It might be interesting, if old Andreus posts still exist, to see if any of the same posts exist on other website Forums - which could be ANYWHERE (even on a Forum for mountaineering, or quilting, Islam, Civil War paraphernalia, etc.)!

    Of course if you're looking for the images on this thread in the gay bars in Greece, you're looking for the wrong guy - I haven't seen anything posted in this thread (I don't think) which has actually been "confirmed" to have been any photo that Andreus had (earlier) "confirmed" was him. That goregous black-and-white hunk picture was already disclosed as being a British footballer or something, not Andreus.
    Capitalize when needed. Did you help your Uncle Jack off a horse, or help your uncle jack off a horse?
    AMY'S BOSS: Sorry, I need to lay you and Jack off. AMY: Can you just jack off? I feel like shit today.
    "All legal U. S. residents who are 18 years or older, shall have an unconditional right to vote." - 28th Amendment, US Constitution?
    I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires" - Susan B. Anthony

  50. #450
    HA! ;-)
    Kyanimal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    16,266

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Tell me more about Andreus

    The only pics of Andreus that I've seen in This thread are his Avatar body, and Signature eyes. And, they're entirely consistent with other pics he publicly posted on JUB, and others that he emailed to me. All of them were of the same guy.

    Corny, I'm not sure I'm following what you were saying about Dreu being a photographer. All I remember is him claiming to sometimes be a free-lance correspondent. And, he obviously wasn't the photographer Andreas Thanos. That guy is too old.

    I never knew what his last name supposedly was. The first I heard of Thanos was from BostonPirate. MidnightPrism has offered an explanation of why BP may have honestly thought that was Dreu's last name. He seemed to be quite cautious of being identified with his dad, and the family business. And, given his many nefarious activities, who could blame him?

    After all of the suppositions, assumptions, inferences, musings, and "claims", I STILL don't KNOW if Dreu was "Real" or not!

    Butt, does that Really matter?

    All I KNOW is that Andreus was a Character, in SO many ways, that was as Real to ME, as the internet gets, when I was interacting with Him. And, I do still Treasure that experience with whoever He may have been!

    Keep smilin'!!
    Chaz
    WISDOM is the Knowledge you've gained ... After you could have used it! _Me

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.