JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

remove these banner ads by becoming a JUB Supporter.

Results 1 to 41 of 41
  1. #1
    Ijubbinatti BostonPirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    14,474
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Top Republicans Excoriate Romney On Sunday Talk Shows

    http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2...talk-shows.php

    Gingrich...

    “I mean, first of all, it’s insulting. … The job of a political leader in part is to understand the people. If we can’t offer a better future that is believable to more people, we’re not going to win.”
    Gov. Bobby Jindal

    “We as a Republican Party have to campaign for every single vote. If we want people us we have to like them first. And you don’t start to like people by saying their votes were bought.”
    Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC)

    “We’re in a big hole, we’re not getting out of it by comments like that. When you’re in a hole, stop digging. He keeps digging. We’re in a death spiral with Hispanic voters because of our rhetoric on immigration, and our candidate Romney and the primaries dug the hole deeper.”
    Carlos Gutierrez

    “I don’t know if he understood that he was saying something that was insulting,” he said on CNN’s “State of the Union.”
    George Will

    “It’s been well said that you have a political problem when the voters don’t like you, but you’ve got a real problem when the voters think you don’t like them. Quit despising the American people.”
    So the main question seems to be is this just them offering a sacrificial lamb? They all hated him before the election so they are all probably telling the truth, but are they just using him as the whipping boy without really making substantive changes to their philosophy?

    IF the GOP members here are any clue, they are lying through their teeth. There's no way the rank and file are backing up this concerted GOP effort to recover from the Drubbing they received by choosing Romney to be their standard bearer for the 2012 cycle.
    http://www.justusboys.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic345672_2.gif

    We're gonna sit down and have ourselves a drink! And after we're done - after *I'm* done, you can run upstairs and take whichever one of them little pills makes you feel the best~Dolores Claiborne

  2. #2
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: Top Republicans Excoriate Romney On Sunday Talk Shows

    I knew they would turn on him like a pack of wolves... they are just making excuses. These same clowns backed Romney prior to election day...

  3. #3
    Ijubbinatti BostonPirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    14,474
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Top Republicans Excoriate Romney On Sunday Talk Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by GiancarloC View Post
    I knew they would turn on him like a pack of wolves... they are just making excuses. These same clowns backed Romney prior to election day...
    They are not known for their loyalty...lol.

    Still it remains to be seen if this will be enough to save their hides. DO you think that Rove will be next, or are they too addicted to his cash to be kicked to the curb?
    http://www.justusboys.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic345672_2.gif

    We're gonna sit down and have ourselves a drink! And after we're done - after *I'm* done, you can run upstairs and take whichever one of them little pills makes you feel the best~Dolores Claiborne

  4. #4
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: Top Republicans Excoriate Romney On Sunday Talk Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by BostonPirate View Post
    They are not known for their loyalty...lol.

    Still it remains to be seen if this will be enough to save their hides. DO you think that Rove will be next, or are they too addicted to his cash to be kicked to the curb?
    I heard some of the billionaires, that donated $400~ million to Rove's SuperPacs (American Crossroads), are infuriated with him and said their money was spent on nothing. The funny thing is I saw American Crossroad ads here in California... which was pointless beyond belief. I think Rove will be increasingly sidelined. He won't recover from this election.

  5. #5
    Lions&Tigers&Bears Oh My!
    eastofeden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    5,051
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Top Republicans Excoriate Romney On Sunday Talk Shows

    They had to choose Romney because the rest of them....with the exception of Hunstman and Paul...were bat shit crazy. Huntsman and Paul did not appeal to their "base"...which is their problem. They have a bat shit crazy problem. FAUX News and the host of right wing pundits have opened a Pandora's Box they cannot close.

  6. #6
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,227

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Top Republicans Excoriate Romney On Sunday Talk Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by BostonPirate View Post
    They are not known for their loyalty...lol.

    Still it remains to be seen if this will be enough to save their hides. DO you think that Rove will be next, or are they too addicted to his cash to be kicked to the curb?
    Actually the democrats are the ones known for turning their back on one another... the republicans are typically a consolidated block of the same answer.

    This is the same way. The entire party is using Romney as a whipping boy but also to get their messages out. Whichever one's message resonates will make that guy the de facto leader of the party going forward. That is why Jindal is jumping out front... he wants his brown face to be the rally point for a party with new voices if not vastly changed ideas.

    me and GC had this argument in another thread about the Hispanic vote. I think he kind of takes an opinion about that vote personally because he is Hispanic but that bears nothing on the reality. Reality is that the election turned on 3 million votes and by a 51 to 48 margin.... that is not huge and is not all that difficult to overcome if single women and some of the other demographics decide to vote republican.

    So bottom line are the fundies changing and are the racist bloack that trends republican changing? Nope but they will get behind a ticket that isn't Democratic just because it has been what they do for the last 40 years... if not longer for some of those minor groups in the republican party.

    The good news is the republican party wants to do populist things to appeal and stamp their parties name on different things so I see it as a grand opportunity to get bi-partisan things accomplished like immigration reform, stabilizing Social Security, withdrawal from Afghanistan, reduce the military to pre-war levels, implement healthcare and then start the first round of fixes to glaring issues that are uncovered during implementation, and so on.... it will be very easy for the party to get behind and have a voice in those matters.
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  7. #7
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: Top Republicans Excoriate Romney On Sunday Talk Shows

    As far as overcoming the 3 million vote margin, it could be turned in the democrats favor because of demographic shifts and a younger population. As far a single women voting republican, I'm not so sure about that one. Some point to California's political system and say that is what America will become. Democrat supermajority is probably not likely nationally... but, I can see the democrats becoming a dominant political force for years to come. As far as Bobby Jindal and others... not relevant. The republicans want someone that echoes the dominant force within their own party... being the Christian conservatives.

    And I'll reiterate again... Latinos were 11-12% of the voting electorate in 2012, up from 2008. This could continue to trend upwards. The power of this voting bloc will increase further in 2016. By 2040, it is said 35-40% of the country could be Latino. As of 2011, Latinos account for 17% of the population. This is a group that is increasingly finding its voice... and democrats are turning up the candidates to appeal (Julian Castro is one we may see in the future). John Kerry showcased Barack Obama in the DNC, and Barack Obama gave Julian Castro a chance. Republicans aren't coming up with candidates that appeal at all.

  8. #8
    Ijubbinatti BostonPirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    14,474
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Top Republicans Excoriate Romney On Sunday Talk Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by JayHawk View Post
    Actually the democrats are the ones known for turning their back on one another... the republicans are typically a consolidated block of the same answer.

    This is the same way. The entire party is using Romney as a whipping boy but also to get their messages out. Whichever one's message resonates will make that guy the de facto leader of the party going forward. That is why Jindal is jumping out front... he wants his brown face to be the rally point for a party with new voices if not vastly changed ideas.

    me and GC had this argument in another thread about the Hispanic vote. I think he kind of takes an opinion about that vote personally because he is Hispanic but that bears nothing on the reality. Reality is that the election turned on 3 million votes and by a 51 to 48 margin.... that is not huge and is not all that difficult to overcome if single women and some of the other demographics decide to vote republican.

    So bottom line are the fundies changing and are the racist bloack that trends republican changing? Nope but they will get behind a ticket that isn't Democratic just because it has been what they do for the last 40 years... if not longer for some of those minor groups in the republican party.

    The good news is the republican party wants to do populist things to appeal and stamp their parties name on different things so I see it as a grand opportunity to get bi-partisan things accomplished like immigration reform, stabilizing Social Security, withdrawal from Afghanistan, reduce the military to pre-war levels, implement healthcare and then start the first round of fixes to glaring issues that are uncovered during implementation, and so on.... it will be very easy for the party to get behind and have a voice in those matters.
    It was the women who swung late in the polls, and the youth vote, which the pollsters said would not materialize that caused the loss, but let us be real.

    If Romney had done as well with latino's as Bush had done, It's likely that this would have been a much closer election. The GOP has a pound of flesh to pay in these negotiations because of that.

    As for the GOP being loyal, that is always before they lose. After that they make the loser the scapegoat of all that ails the party and they dump them at the curb.

    Look at that circus show that was the GOP Presidential Primary. It was honestly embarrassing. There was not a whole lot of charity going around. The crowd cheered Executions when Perry stated that his state was the leader, and when a gay marine asked a question, the whole room booed him.

    They are rabid, and they do eat the weaklings of the pack.

    Let us not forget... " you won't have dick Nixon to kick around anymore"

    Well they did and they did.
    http://www.justusboys.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic345672_2.gif

    We're gonna sit down and have ourselves a drink! And after we're done - after *I'm* done, you can run upstairs and take whichever one of them little pills makes you feel the best~Dolores Claiborne

  9. #9
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,227

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Top Republicans Excoriate Romney On Sunday Talk Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by GiancarloC View Post
    Republicans aren't coming up with candidates that appeal at all.
    You forgot to add "to you" to the end of that statement.

    The Hispanic population experienced growth between 2000 and 2010 in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. The Hispanic population in eight states in the South (Alabama (red 22points) , Arkansas (Red 24 points), Kentucky(red 23 points) , Maryland (Blue 25 points), Mississippi (Red 12 points), North Carolina (red 2 points), South Carolina (Red 10 points), and Tennessee (Red 20 points) ) and South Dakota (red 18 points) more than doubled in size between 2000 and 2010. However, even with this large growth, the percent Hispanic in 2010 for each of these states remained less than 9 percent, far below the national level of 16 percent.
    None of those red states are effected if 100% of the Hispanic population voted for the blue guy except maybe North Carolina.


    In 2010, 37.6 million, or 75 percent, of Hispanics lived in the eight states with Hispanic populations of one million or more (California, Texas, Florida, New York, Illinois, Arizona, New Jersey, and Colorado). Hispanics in California accounted for 14.0 million (28 percent) of the total Hispanic population, while the Hispanic population in Texas accounted for 9.5 million (19 percent) as shown in Figure 3.
    Of all those state very few are considered swing states and there are alternate paths to 270. And you cannot tell me Ted Cruz was elected with no Hispanic vote in Texas... can you?

    http://www.census.gov/prod/cen2010/b...c2010br-04.pdf

    I am saying all this not to denigrate Hispanic voting either... it seems I get interpreted that way sometimes. The idea is that 4% and 3 million votes are easily changed in the other direction.

    Like I said we will see..... I do not see the country going predominately blue to be quite honest. I see the republican party moving to the middle and the democratic party continuing to move left arrogantly convinced they have the upper hand. The voters will square that away arrogance, I am pretty sure. What is it that comes before a fall?
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  10. #10
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,227

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Top Republicans Excoriate Romney On Sunday Talk Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by BostonPirate View Post
    It was the women who swung late in the polls, and the youth vote, which the pollsters said would not materialize that caused the loss, but let us be real.

    If Romney had done as well with latino's as Bush had done, It's likely that this would have been a much closer election. The GOP has a pound of flesh to pay in these negotiations because of that.

    As for the GOP being loyal, that is always before they lose. After that they make the loser the scapegoat of all that ails the party and they dump them at the curb.

    Look at that circus show that was the GOP Presidential Primary. It was honestly embarrassing. There was not a whole lot of charity going around. The crowd cheered Executions when Perry stated that his state was the leader, and when a gay marine asked a question, the whole room booed him.

    They are rabid, and they do eat the weaklings of the pack.

    Let us not forget... " you won't have dick Nixon to kick around anymore"

    Well they did and they did.
    You see both parties are the same after power plays by members of the party. The democratic primaries were just as bloody in '08 and had the economy held out for four more months then Obama would have lost and the Dems would have been eating themselves.
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  11. #11
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: Top Republicans Excoriate Romney On Sunday Talk Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by JayHawk View Post
    You forgot to add "to you" to the end of that statement.
    I'm talking about to Hispanics.

    None of those red states are effected if 100% of the Hispanic population voted for the blue guy except maybe North Carolina.
    Nevada, Colorado and New Mexico all were affected and were all considered swing states, and were pushed into Obama's side by Latino voters.

    I am saying all this not to denigrate Hispanic voting either... it seems I get interpreted that way sometimes. The idea is that 4% and 3 million votes are easily changed in the other direction.
    I'm taking it that way and I find it offensive. At this point we'll see what the future holds. I've said enough about this.

    The republican party isn't going to move to the middle... and the democratic party is in the middle. They aren't moving to the left. Not buying it really. The republican party will continue their trend to the right wing because that is where most of the money is... plus they'll increasingly get big funding from billionaires. So they'll alienate more middle and working class Americans.

  12. #12
    Ijubbinatti BostonPirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    14,474
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Top Republicans Excoriate Romney On Sunday Talk Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by JayHawk View Post
    You see both parties are the same after power plays by members of the party. The democratic primaries were just as bloody in '08 and had the economy held out for four more months then Obama would have lost and the Dems would have been eating themselves.
    I'm not so sure about that.

    Obama chose two of his closest contenders to be in his cabinet... Clinton and Biden. The 08 Dem primaries had the exact opposite effect that the GOP one did this year. 2004? Kerry is soon to be in the new Cabinet.

    Hell the only reason Kusinich is out of a job right now is because of redistricting.
    http://www.justusboys.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic345672_2.gif

    We're gonna sit down and have ourselves a drink! And after we're done - after *I'm* done, you can run upstairs and take whichever one of them little pills makes you feel the best~Dolores Claiborne

  13. #13
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,227

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Top Republicans Excoriate Romney On Sunday Talk Shows

    So why do you find discussing how the Hispanic vote goes offense... describe what is offensive about it?

    This is not the cruzx in any way of the issue but definitely is your problem not mine. SO help me understand your issue.
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  14. #14
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: Top Republicans Excoriate Romney On Sunday Talk Shows

    I feel that your argument is marginalizing and dismissing the importance of Hispanic voters in this election.

    And I think the reality is the democrats are the real centrists in this country. The republicans are not. They can't stake out on centrist positions because their party is moving to the right wing because that's where the most money is.

    I look at the Democrat Party and I see moderate centrist politics and see the younger leaders indicating that. They won't be moving to the left. They didn't with Obama.

  15. #15
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,227

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Top Republicans Excoriate Romney On Sunday Talk Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by BostonPirate View Post
    I'm not so sure about that.

    Obama chose two of his closest contenders to be in his cabinet... Clinton and Biden. The 08 Dem primaries had the exact opposite effect that the GOP one did this year. 2004? Kerry is soon to be in the new Cabinet.

    Hell the only reason Kusinich is out of a job right now is because of redistricting.
    AFTER he won Obama was gracious... there was also a lot of talk at the time about how shrewd it was to remove the most visible and potent voice against you in your own party. imagine if Hillary had remained an outsider and then when Obama veered sharply right how well that would have played...


    And I am not saying they weren't way off the plantation this year... kinda like the candidates fielded during the Reagan years excpet those looney tunes were democrats. Look at Al Gore... he has been lambasted by many portions of the Democratic party
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  16. #16
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,227

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Top Republicans Excoriate Romney On Sunday Talk Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by GiancarloC View Post
    I feel that your argument is marginalizing and dismissing the importance of Hispanic voters in this election.

    And I think the reality is the democrats are the real centrists in this country. The republicans are not. They can't stake out on centrist positions because their party is moving to the right wing because that's where the most money is.

    I look at the Democrat Party and I see moderate centrist politics and see the younger leaders indicating that. They won't be moving to the left. They didn't with Obama.
    They have bitched left and right about the centrist Obama. Just look at the litany of articles out now demanding he use his capitol to push left.

    Realistic views about a demographic is reality not denigration.
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  17. #17
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: Top Republicans Excoriate Romney On Sunday Talk Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by JayHawk View Post
    They have bitched left and right about the centrist Obama. Just look at the litany of articles out now demanding he use his capitol to push left.

    Realistic views about a demographic is reality not denigration.
    That's not relevant. Most of the party isn't going left. There may be some voices but they do not control the democratic party like how the right wing fringe controls the republican party. The republican party is pushing right and they are still doing it. There has been SHARP reactionary statements including that Romney was not conservative enough from the republican party.

    And no, they aren't realistic views. It is definitely denigration. I just stated that Latinos were significant in three swing states. One can ignore that reality all they want... doesn't change the facts I presented.

    Oh and when Georgia, Arizona and Texas become swing states (which is a possiblility) you may want to retract that.

  18. #18
    Ijubbinatti BostonPirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    14,474
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Top Republicans Excoriate Romney On Sunday Talk Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by JayHawk View Post
    AFTER he won Obama was gracious... there was also a lot of talk at the time about how shrewd it was to remove the most visible and potent voice against you in your own party. imagine if Hillary had remained an outsider and then when Obama veered sharply right how well that would have played...


    And I am not saying they weren't way off the plantation this year... kinda like the candidates fielded during the Reagan years excpet those looney tunes were democrats. Look at Al Gore... he has been lambasted by many portions of the Democratic party
    Gore was? I hadn't noticed. Where?

    He's looking extremely prescient at this point with Manhattan going under and all.

    I expect Mr Gore to have a resurgence, just as Clinton has.

    In any case, the GOP is going through it now, and as far as I can tell, not only worse than usual for them, but FAR worse than most elections I've ever seen in this nation. They hated him before the election, and they pretended to like him for a few months because they hated Obama more and thought he could bankroll a win.

    Now that he didn't it's hate squared.
    http://www.justusboys.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic345672_2.gif

    We're gonna sit down and have ourselves a drink! And after we're done - after *I'm* done, you can run upstairs and take whichever one of them little pills makes you feel the best~Dolores Claiborne

  19. #19
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,227

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Top Republicans Excoriate Romney On Sunday Talk Shows

    Right because they don't have to deal with him in any way... he isn't in congress like their last hopeless bid.... who is making himself more and more irrelevant these days.

    I suppose this is one of those things where we will see... i sure hope for you guys that you get your Christmas wishes but I don't think reality ends up playing that way.
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  20. #20
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: Top Republicans Excoriate Romney On Sunday Talk Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by JayHawk View Post
    I suppose this is one of those things where we will see... i sure hope for you guys that you get your Christmas wishes but I don't think reality ends up playing that way.
    Agreed. Lets agree to disagree and wait and see. I hope I'm right... hahah... As far as reality, I am being realistic and honest about my statements. I'm not making lofty expectations. I don't see a democratic supermajority in the US like in California, but I do see a continuing of the trend towards the democratic party.

  21. #21
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    101,471
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Top Republicans Excoriate Romney On Sunday Talk Shows

    Romney has binders full of insults.

    Until he locks them, the rest of the GOP will have binders full of excoriation.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  22. #22
    JUB Addict maxpowr9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    8,839
    Blog Entries
    3

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Top Republicans Excoriate Romney On Sunday Talk Shows

    I've read enough of this dribble and the GOP's conclusion is that: "our message isn't wrong, it is that we suck at lying to the electorate."

  23. #23
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,227

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Top Republicans Excoriate Romney On Sunday Talk Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by maxpowr9 View Post
    I've read enough of this dribble and the GOP's conclusion is that: "our message isn't wrong, it is that we suck at lying to the electorate."
    Exactly and they will get on the same page and practice their message to not talk about the things they support and will manage to seem centrist... while at the same time many of them are centrist...
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  24. #24
    Ijubbinatti BostonPirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    14,474
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Top Republicans Excoriate Romney On Sunday Talk Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by JayHawk View Post
    Right because they don't have to deal with him in any way... he isn't in congress like their last hopeless bid.... who is making himself more and more irrelevant these days.

    I suppose this is one of those things where we will see... i sure hope for you guys that you get your Christmas wishes but I don't think reality ends up playing that way.
    You guys? ehh. I don't have to pick a side officially until there's an election, and there isn't one for a while. For a year or so, I am an american with certain values that are not part of either party. I will continue to push the New England independent party movement.

    Progressive social values with centrist economic governance.
    http://www.justusboys.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic345672_2.gif

    We're gonna sit down and have ourselves a drink! And after we're done - after *I'm* done, you can run upstairs and take whichever one of them little pills makes you feel the best~Dolores Claiborne

  25. #25
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,227

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Top Republicans Excoriate Romney On Sunday Talk Shows

    Meh you appear to be arguing for the democratic side... i typically pick 'em as they come by their merits and what i want the country to do...
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  26. #26
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: Top Republicans Excoriate Romney On Sunday Talk Shows

    The primary focus of the republican party isn't focused around centrism... they are trending more and more right wing regardless of a few moderates here and there.

  27. #27
    Ijubbinatti BostonPirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    14,474
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Top Republicans Excoriate Romney On Sunday Talk Shows

    Well here's the problem.

    I hate the GOP for it's long term stance on gay rights and morality legislation. I am not fond of the Libertarians, because they think they owe nothing, by and large, to the society that they exist in.

    The Green party is about as out in the weeds as it can get.

    It's not like we have a whole lot of options.
    http://www.justusboys.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic345672_2.gif

    We're gonna sit down and have ourselves a drink! And after we're done - after *I'm* done, you can run upstairs and take whichever one of them little pills makes you feel the best~Dolores Claiborne

  28. #28
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,227

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Top Republicans Excoriate Romney On Sunday Talk Shows

    That has indeed been the republican course since 2006 almost when they were up in arms on the actual conservative part of the party about Bush's desire to spend and not pay for it.... then the conservative wing morphed into a consortium or racist and hate groups....


    yet they now see what that is getting them.... the voices of moderation will rise i am almost certain... some of them will come from the triumphant republicans who take credit for crossing the aisle and getting things done... Even here in extremely red Missouri and Kansas all of the Reps I heard speaking on the talk radio shows were saying the electorate was telling them to go to Washington and compromise so we can go forward as a nation....

    See thats the cool thing about voting and voters... they will have to move to the middle or face extinction.
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  29. #29
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,227

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Top Republicans Excoriate Romney On Sunday Talk Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by BostonPirate View Post
    Well here's the problem.

    I hate the GOP for it's long term stance on gay rights and morality legislation. I am not fond of the Libertarians, because they think they owe nothing, by and large, to the society that they exist in.

    The Green party is about as out in the weeds as it can get.

    It's not like we have a whole lot of options.
    I know... for me and my views on America Obama has struck almost the perfect balance of social progressivism and foreign policy strength that i could ask for in a life time. I just wish he had the ability to strong arm the republicans but I suspect he will come off looking awesome in these first two years and then they will start to battle non stop again to marginalize his party prior to '16...
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  30. #30
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: Top Republicans Excoriate Romney On Sunday Talk Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by JayHawk View Post
    yet they now see what that is getting them.... the voices of moderation will rise i am almost certain... some of them will come from the triumphant republicans who take credit for crossing the aisle and getting things done... Even here in extremely red Missouri and Kansas all of the Reps I heard speaking on the talk radio shows were saying the electorate was telling them to go to Washington and compromise so we can go forward as a nation....

    See thats the cool thing about voting and voters... they will have to move to the middle or face extinction.
    I'm not so certain because there is too much money in the right wing that they have been trending into. We'll see I guess. Missouri is extremely red? Obama didn't lose it by much. Maybe democrats can make more progress in Missouri.

  31. #31
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    101,471
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Top Republicans Excoriate Romney On Sunday Talk Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by JayHawk View Post
    I know... for me and my views on America Obama has struck almost the perfect balance of social progressivism and foreign policy strength that i could ask for in a life time. I just wish he had the ability to strong arm the republicans but I suspect he will come off looking awesome in these first two years and then they will start to battle non stop again to marginalize his party prior to '16...
    If he was also busy trying to dismantle the police state measures the Cheney puppet Bush got put in place, I'd agree. Until then, the very best I can give him is a C... on his best days.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  32. #32
    JUB Addict maxpowr9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    8,839
    Blog Entries
    3

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Top Republicans Excoriate Romney On Sunday Talk Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    If he was also busy trying to dismantle the police state measures the Cheney puppet Bush got put in place, I'd agree. Until then, the very best I can give him is a C... on his best days.
    Yep. Guantanamo is still open and the Patriot Act [the irony is still lost on me here] is still active. At least for the latter, both parties crave said government control over the populous.

    Missouri is only recently a red state. Clinton won Missouri [and a lot of other midwest states too that are now solid republican] in 1996 mind you.

  33. #33
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,227

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Top Republicans Excoriate Romney On Sunday Talk Shows

    I said all along that no democrat would take that power back after they saw what it does for the safety of the American people...

    Missouri is only slightly blue currently but if you listen to the folks here you would think we were in the pan handle of Texas next to Oklahoma....very red... and if you look back to the 50's there have been 16 races... pugs have taken nine of the sixteen.
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  34. #34
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    101,471
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Top Republicans Excoriate Romney On Sunday Talk Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by JayHawk View Post
    I said all along that no democrat would take that power back after they saw what it does for the safety of the American people...
    One would expect the Democrats to adhere to the wisdom of Benjamin Franklin.

    And the reason they keep it has nothing to do with the people, it has to do with their own power.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  35. #35
    Suck my dick, Scalia! FuryOfFirestorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Edgewater, FL
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    2,216
    Blog Entries
    4

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Top Republicans Excoriate Romney On Sunday Talk Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by GiancarloC View Post
    I knew they would turn on him like a pack of wolves... they are just making excuses. These same clowns backed Romney prior to election day...
    Yep, it was just a matter of time before he got thrown under the bus, much like with GWB and Sarah Palin.

  36. #36
    JUB Addict evanrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Seattle
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,494
    Blog Entries
    16

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Top Republicans Excoriate Romney On Sunday Talk Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by GiancarloC View Post
    I knew they would turn on him like a pack of wolves... they are just making excuses. These same clowns backed Romney prior to election day...
    They had no choice, Romney wasn't the problem, the Republican party is the problem.

    It was a generic democrat vs republican race, the national popular vote was close but Obama did have a good operation. If Romney had the same operation he could have got a lot closer, and the debate Romney put on was a near-death experience for Obama.

    Its my firm belief that what doomed the republicans is their congressional antics, the inaction of congress to pass any jobs bills and then say it was Obama's fault was a clear ploy that backfired.

    I know republicans calculus on the election is that if the economy got any better Obama would win no matter what, well it didnt really get better at all, its just that people dont trust republicans to govern responsibly when they held the American people hostage over debt and taxes.

    I also believe if people thought Romney might win, they would be more motivated than normal to vote for Obama, but Obama was expected to win, and did so convincingly, yet republicans are STILL filibustering the economy.

    Its taken Americans until election day to voice their disdain for congressional republicans but they are still up to their old tricks.

    Now we will be stuck like we were after 2010 with congress cherry picking abortion bills, right to work bills, tax breaks for billionaires bills. Obama did not make a strong enough pitch of his liberal values - for the sake of being able to pass things, has been more than willing to compromise, and will convince just enough people that he accomplished a deal to avert the fake fiscal cliff to make people think his 2nd term isnt a failure. We can only hope congress flips even stronger democrat next midterm.

    Americans want the parties to work together, if they dont now, republicans will lose again in 2014. If republicans gave a damn about anything but their own power they wouldnt be on the losing side of history again.
    http://forum.justusboys.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic30903_2.gif

  37. #37
    Oranje rareboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    32,546

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Top Republicans Excoriate Romney On Sunday Talk Shows

    It is fun watching the Republican establishment implode on television these past two weeks as they divide into two very distinct camps...the moderates who know they have to re-tool their party and change their message...and the others who still think that they lost because they weren't conservative enough and that the people who voted Democrat are all just pathetic parasites.

    This is Karl Rove's divide and conquer strategy coming back to take a huge bite out of their ass.

  38. #38

    Re: Top Republicans Excoriate Romney On Sunday Talk Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by JayHawk View Post
    I am saying all this not to denigrate Hispanic voting either... it seems I get interpreted that way sometimes. The idea is that 4% and 3 million votes are easily changed in the other direction.
    The mistake that the Republicans are making in their analysis of why the lost the Latino vote, the same flaw I think in yours and GC's analysis as well, is to see the loss of the Latino vote through the prism of identity politics. The ultimate reason that Republicans did so poorly with both Latino and Asian voters has as much to do with those groups government philosophy as with the GOP stands on immigration and immigrant bashing (although that was obviously a big part). The fact is that Latino and Asian voters believe in an activist government. It's the same reason that Jewish voters and white Catholics vote more heavily for Democrats than other white voters. If the Republican Party ever became pro-choice, they would lose a lot of Catholic votes. I know many religious Catholics who are one issue voters on abortion, but are generally Democrats otherwise.

  39. #39
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,227

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Top Republicans Excoriate Romney On Sunday Talk Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    One would expect the Democrats to adhere to the wisdom of Benjamin Franklin.

    And the reason they keep it has nothing to do with the people, it has to do with their own power.
    To each his own opinion to be sure... however I believe Obama fully intended to go into office and peel back the onion of the Patriot act and remove its teeth. That was the major fevered rhetoric that pushed him into office... it was the fevered rhetoric for a full four years before as well.... except he saw all that it garners in intel against threats that would otherwise go under the radar...

    No politician regardless of party who has the primary charge of protection will strike down the patriot act... plain and simple.
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  40. #40
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,227

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Top Republicans Excoriate Romney On Sunday Talk Shows

    Chris (Chrissy) Matthews just said the best thing ever about the Republicans who ripped up Romney yet again this weekend on the sunday talk shows....

    "These guys were predicting a Romney landslide the weekend before the election and should go down with the ship instead of being allowed to put dresses on and get in the life boats...."

    Now that is at once misogynistic and amusing as hell
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  41. #41
    Oranje rareboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    32,546

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Top Republicans Excoriate Romney On Sunday Talk Shows

    ^ So very true.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.