JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

remove these banner ads by becoming a JUB Supporter.

Page 2 of 151 FirstFirst 1237 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 100 of 7541
  1. #51
    huh?
    FPNY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    North Westchester County NY
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married
    Posts
    8,866

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    Quote Originally Posted by belamo View Post
    If you survived the Sandy Beetch without it, couldn't you just wait for another century and a half until you finally are able or simply decide to buy one...
    Seems that when the power goes out its out for days on end. I don't want to experience that again..also, I'm old and don't have a century so I have to,act now.
    FPNY
    Annoying JUBBERS since 2003

  2. #52
    Pococuranté belamo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Barcelona
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    14,620

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    Quote Originally Posted by FPNY View Post
    Seems that when the power goes out its out for days on end. I don't want to experience that again..also, I'm old and don't have a century so I have to,act now.
    If you are so afraid of it, you might have wanted to act before... don't tell me that you needed to reach old age to experience a blackout... and how bad it can get when you are in a small town, out from the lines providing heavily populated areas. Living in a town or, worse, in the middle of nowhere with the comfort developoed through (when not actually in) a big city, is far more expensive than the average cost of a modest living, and comparable to that of an upper scale location there.
    That's what gets me double and triple and more stressed about the future: where and how to live so as not to be so fundamentally vulnerable... beyond the fact being human and not being able to actually control your own destiny, that is.
    In any case, I wonder how expensive the same product was a few months ago.

  3. #53
    The gay gargoyle
    G-Lexington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Denver CO
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    44,785
    Blog Entries
    21

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    I learned what a standard soldier for the Roman Empire carried, wore, and trained for at various points in history. Not very applicable to me, but it was interesting.

    Lex

  4. #54
    Pococuranté belamo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Barcelona
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    14,620

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    Quote Originally Posted by G-Lexington View Post
    I learned what a standard soldier for the Roman Empire carried, wore, and trained for at various points in history. Not very applicable to me, but it was interesting.

    Lex
    What book/whatever was it that you got it from

  5. #55
    JUB Addict
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Curious
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,311

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    I was reading 20th century history of Ireland on wikipedia, (because why not?) when I came across this nastiness. Effective at getting attention to the protest, but still nasty.

  6. #56
    The gay gargoyle
    G-Lexington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Denver CO
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    44,785
    Blog Entries
    21

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    Don't recall which book it was, and don't feel compelled to go look. I think it's just called "The Roman Empire". Picked it up cheap used at a local bookstore. Some good information, but something about the writing style annoys me. The intro was "the Romans were really cool - yeah, they had slaves and were brutal in war, but they were really cool" for several pages.

    Lex

  7. #57
    JP.
    Guest

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    That glistening balloon and glistening ass are actually in same color


  8. #58
    JUB Addict cgymike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Seattle
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    5,840
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    I learnt that my bathroom fan needs fixing...makes an awful sound and sometimes doesn't even run.
    Your post comments are forwarded to the CIA.

  9. #59
    Pococuranté belamo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Barcelona
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    14,620

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    A faint idea of who was Viotti.

  10. #60
    JUB Addict maxpowr9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    8,839
    Blog Entries
    3

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    I just learned my favorite singer Greta Salpeter/Morgan started a new band called Gold Motel. Been listening to her stuff all day. Sounds like The Pipettes, much lighter than her very dark Hush Sound stuff. Good that she is in a better place. The shocking part is she is younger than me.

  11. #61

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    Quote Originally Posted by Axxess View Post
    I was reading 20th century history of Ireland on wikipedia, (because why not?) when I came across this nastiness. Effective at getting attention to the protest, but still nasty.
    That kind of behaviour just confirms the stereotype that so many Irishmen are infantilised and insane peasants

  12. #62
    Pococuranté belamo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Barcelona
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    14,620

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    Jethro Bodine

    Jethro (though he addresses Jed as his uncle) is the son of Jed's cousin, Pearl Bodine. He drove the Clampett family to their new home in California and stayed on with them to further his education. The whole family boasts of Jethro's "sixth-grade education" but nevertheless feels he is a bit of an idiot. Jethro is simply naive in the first season of the show but becomes incredibly ignorant and pompous as the series progresses. He often shows off his cyphering abilities with multiplication and "go-zin-ta's," as in "five gozinta five one times, five gozinta ten two times," etc. The tallest student in his class in the town of Oxford (so named because "that's where the oxen used to ford the creek") because of his age, he is often impressing others that he graduated "top of his class at Oxford." In Beverly Hills, he decides to go to college. He manages to enroll late in the semester at a local secretarial school due to his financial backing and earns his diploma by the end of the day because he did not understand what was going on in class and was too disruptive. This was an ironic in-joke - in real life, Max Baer, Jr, has a bachelor's degree in business administration from Santa Clara University (he also minored in philosophy).

    Many stories in the series involve Jethro's endless career search, which include such diverse vocations as a millwright, a brain surgeon, street car conductor, double-naught spy, Hollywood producer (a studio flunky remarks Jethro has the right qualifications for being a producer - a sixth-grade education and his uncle owns the studio. The in-joke gag of Jethro as a movie producer was replayed in the 1981 movie), soda jerk, short order cook, and once as a bookkeeper for Milburn Drysdale's bank. More often than not, his overall goal in these endeavors is to obtain as many pretty girls as humanly possible. Of all the Clampett clan, he is the one who makes the most change from 'country bumpkin' to 'city boy.' Another running gag is that Jethro is known as the "six-foot stomach" for his ability to eat: in one episode, he eats a jetliner's entire supply of steaks; in another, Jethro tries to set himself up as a Hollywood agent for cousin "Bessie" - with a fee of 10,000 bananas for Bessie and 1,000 bananas for Jethro. At one time Jed mentions Jethro was the only baby he knew born with a full set of teeth "just like a beaver". Jethro appears in 272 episodes; he is not in the third- or second-to-last episodes, but Baer of course remains billed in the title credits. Baer claimed he only auditioned for the role of Jethro for fun and never expected to get the part. Supposedly, he clinched the part largely because of his grin.

  13. #63
    JP.
    Guest

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    I learned today that stove hood is an elegant being



    http://www.k-rangehoods.com/images/range-hood-1010e.jpg

  14. #64
    JUB 10k Club
    PreTTy PeTe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    28,293

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    ^^^Something I learnt(learned) a while ago is that Max Baer Jr. (Jethro) directed and produced "Ode to Billy Joe" about a kid who throws himself off a bridge after he has gay sex.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ode_to_Billy_Joe_(film)




  15. #65
    Pococuranté belamo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Barcelona
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    14,620

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    Quote Originally Posted by PreTTy PeTe View Post
    ^^^Something I learnt(learned) a while ago is that Max Baer Jr. (Jethro) directed and produced "Ode to Billy Joe" about a kid who throws himself off a bridge after he has gay sex.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ode_to_Billy_Joe_(film)
    Oh right, today I also read that part of his wikibio

  16. #66
    JohannBessler
    Guest

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    I've seen the movie, Pete.

    Despite the fact that the critics hated the movie, I actually found it a pretty good movie. Of course, I remember the song when I was a little boy, and during those years we always wanted to know what they threw off the bridge, and why Billy Joe McAllister jumped off the bridge in the first place. The movie gave us a plausible answer.

  17. #67

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    I learned that Ode to Billy Joe was filmed at Sidon, Mississippi and Google Earth tells me that Sidon has an amazing billabong (which a geography teacher told me a long time ago is a sure sign of a river in its senescence)

  18. #68
    Pococuranté belamo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Barcelona
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    14,620

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    Waltzing Matilda, waltzing Matilda...

  19. #69

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    ^ that's an inane tune with twisted lyrics and ridiculous plot which is more indicative of the Irish peasant settlers than about my country IMO.

    Besides, how can a great country and its people be summarised in one song?

  20. #70
    JUB 10k Club
    PreTTy PeTe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    28,293

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    I learnt(learned) that Robby Benson is all grown up now since he did "ode to billy joe" 36 years ago

    now



    then





  21. #71
    WTF????? refujiunderground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    10,106
    Blog Entries
    43

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    that one bottle of water leads to a whole lot of time heading to and from the bathroom. water makes everybody piss a lot right? i know i'm not alone on this one. everybody says the same thing.

    and it makes me feel cold too. i would drink tea but tea doesn't like me too much. i'm not trying to do number 2 more than once a day.
    one thing about the closet/you don't have to hurry/it will be bad tomorrow/so brother, don't you worry

  22. #72
    Pococuranté belamo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Barcelona
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    14,620

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    Quote Originally Posted by pat grimshaw View Post
    ^ that's an inane tune with twisted lyrics and ridiculous plot which is more indicative of the Irish peasant settlers than about my country IMO.

    Besides, how can a great country and its people be summarised in one song?
    It's a song about a bogan,and national anthems are supposed to appeal to the masses (of bogans or whatever) not the "enlightened" few.

  23. #73

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    ^ Those over-emotional, braindead, fantasy-loving, Irish peasants produced too many bogans in my country.

    At least the Marseillaise and Rule Britannia have good tunes. I don't know Spain's national anthem.

  24. #74
    JohannBessler
    Guest

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    Quote Originally Posted by pat grimshaw View Post
    ^ that's an inane tune with twisted lyrics and ridiculous plot which is more indicative of the Irish peasant settlers than about my country IMO.

    Besides, how can a great country and its people be summarised in one song?
    In recent times, journalists interviewed Bobbie Gentry, who wrote the song, to get her take on the lyrics, and what they meant to her as a songwriter.

    She remarked that she never foresaw the controversy that her song caused, and certainly not people's fascination with it after all those years. What I found most intriguing is the fact that she never meant to portray any mystery on the matter of why he jumped off the bridge, or anything concering what was thrown off the bridge.

    Rather, she noted,she intended to make a statement about the insensitivity of people, passing biscuits around the kitchen table, gossiping about trivial matters, while a major tragedy had just occurred.

  25. #75
    JohannBessler
    Guest

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    @PrettyPete:

    Insiders have revealed that Robbie Benson is and was one of the nicest, gentlest men they have ever met. In a town full of narcissistic bastards, I think it's refreshing to hear that not everybody there is an asshole.

  26. #76

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    Quote Originally Posted by JohannBessler View Post
    …she intended to make a statement about the insensitivity of people, passing biscuits around the kitchen table, gossiping about trivial matters, while a major tragedy had just occurred.
    that reminds me of Harold Pinter's characters

  27. #77
    Pococuranté belamo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Barcelona
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    14,620

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    Quote Originally Posted by JohannBessler View Post
    In recent times, journalists interviewed Bobbie Gentry, who wrote the song, to get her take on the lyrics, and what they meant to her as a songwriter.

    She remarked that she never foresaw the controversy that her song caused, and certainly not people's fascination with it after all those years. What I found most intriguing is the fact that she never meant to portray any mystery on the matter of why he jumped off the bridge, or anything concering what was thrown off the bridge.

    Rather, she noted,she intended to make a statement about the insensitivity of people, passing biscuits around the kitchen table, gossiping about trivial matters, while a major tragedy had just occurred.
    So she intended to make a statement about shallowness, therefore she produced a shallow song hinting at depths to which she was as insensitive and insensible as anybody else.

  28. #78
    JUB 10k Club
    PreTTy PeTe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    28,293

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?





  29. #79
    Pococuranté belamo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Barcelona
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    14,620

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    Quote Originally Posted by JohannBessler View Post
    @PrettyPete:

    Insiders have revealed that Robbie Benson is and was one of the nicest, gentlest men they have ever met. In a town full of narcissistic bastards, I think it's refreshing to hear that not everybody there is an asshole.
    What town is that? Not everybody anywhere is or narcissistic or gentle.

  30. #80
    Quality posting since 2K7 Nishin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Europe
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,550

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    Today I learnt I can't resist straight porn (and that it never fails me...)

    ... So who knows a good shrink?

  31. #81
    JohannBessler
    Guest

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    The woman who lands Robbie Benson is a lucky, lucky gal. (I don't think he's gay or bi)

  32. #82
    JohannBessler
    Guest

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    Quote Originally Posted by pat grimshaw View Post
    ^ that's an inane tune with twisted lyrics and ridiculous plot which is more indicative of the Irish peasant settlers than about my country IMO.
    You won't let that Irish thing go, will you?

    I'd planned on addressing that issue, but I can't find a way to do it without opening Pandora's Box.

  33. #83
    Ijubbinatti BostonPirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    14,474
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    “[Dona Maria] saw that the people of this world moved about in an armor of egotism, drunk with self-gazing, athirst for compliments, hearing little of what was said to them, unmoved by the accidents that befell their closest friends, in dread of all appeals that might interrupt their long communion with their own desires.”
    ― Thornton Wilder, The Bridge of San Luis Rey
    http://www.justusboys.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic345672_2.gif

    We're gonna sit down and have ourselves a drink! And after we're done - after *I'm* done, you can run upstairs and take whichever one of them little pills makes you feel the best~Dolores Claiborne

  34. #84
    Pococuranté belamo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Barcelona
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    14,620

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    Quote Originally Posted by JohannBessler View Post
    You won't let that Irish thing go, will you?

    I'd planned on addressing that issue, but I can't find a way to do it without opening Pandora's Box.
    Ireland, Spain, Russia..: the periphery of Europe in the broad sense of the expression, aka where Europe loses her name... her sense/s.

  35. #85

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    Quote Originally Posted by JohannBessler View Post
    You won't let that Irish thing go, will you?…
    It may be diluted in your wealthy country but unfortunately they make up 40% of my inefficiently-run one. They complain the loudest over every trivial issue and have infiltrated the governments so their emotive wailing is now broadcast by the state media.

    Thankfully we're about to have a country-wide Royal Commission which may root out the decades of pedophilia and coverups within the Catholic Church. And hopefully it may bring some honesty into this massive organisation with all its propaganda, emotional blackmail and mind-control.

  36. #86
    JohannBessler
    Guest

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    One can find quite a few people of Irish descent in Boston, but to be honest, I don't know much about them except what I've heard from other people.

    I can say that, based on what I have read, the country of Ireland seems like the least progressive nation in the European Union. If I recall correctly, Ireland still sees abortion--even in the case of saving the mother's life--as a punishable crime, and until recently, couples could not legally divorce. Other people have told me that in the countryside, people still widely believe in the existence of fairies, leprechauns, and wood nymphs. I don't know if my sources have the correct information about that, but if they do, it shows a culture that does not seem to have progressed very far.

    I personally can't get past the drinking thing, but you must understand I've been taught since the time I was an infant about the perils of drink. I cannot overcome those deeply-ingrained sentiments.

    I don't know much about Irish-American culture. It might bear no resemblance at all to that of its mother country.

  37. #87

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    ^ I was corresponding with Criostoir about these issues and he acknowledged the dependance on alcohol

    There's an excellent Irish gay writer named Colm Toibin. He says his people have been INFANTILISED— first by the English landlords, secondly and most importantly by the Catholic Church, and thirdly by the EEU subsidies

  38. #88
    Pococuranté belamo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Barcelona
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    14,620

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    Quote Originally Posted by pat grimshaw View Post
    ^ I was corresponding with Criostoir about these issues and he acknowledged the dependance on alcohol

    There's an excellent Irish gay writer named Colm Toibin. He says his people have been INFANTILISED— first by the English landlords, secondly and most importantly by the Catholic Church, and thirdly by the EEU subsidies
    "Infantilised" away from what previous or "natural" state?
    With Criost? Is he Celtic-Slavic or something?

  39. #89
    JohannBessler
    Guest

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    ^Do you share my discomfort for the EEU?

    Even from the date of its inception, I have never felt comfortable with it. An Englishman is not a German, who is not an Italian, who's not an Irishman, etc, and now innocent people have to pay the price for an act of idealism. I think the UK exercised most remarkable prudence when they chose not join the Euro.

    To be fair, I can look at this situation from the viewpoint of an American. I only hope the very best for Europe. A big part of my heart lies in it; I care very much about its welfare. Right now, however, the situation looks pretty grim.

  40. #90
    Pococuranté belamo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Barcelona
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    14,620

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    Quote Originally Posted by JohannBessler View Post
    ^Do you share my discomfort for the EEU?

    Even from the date of its inception, I have never felt comfortable with it. An Englishman is not a German, who is not an Italian, who's not an Irishman, etc, and now innocent people have to pay the price for an act of idealism. I think the UK exercised most remarkable prudence when they chose not join the Euro.

    To be fair, I can look at this situation from the viewpoint of an American. I only hope the very best for Europe. A big part of my heart lies in it; I care very much about its welfare. Right now, however, the situation looks pretty grim.
    Extremely dumbed down Western civilization math for dummies (for those who always say I speak or write too much):

    Europe 2012 = Roman Empire 312

    USA = "Byzantine" Empire

    Great Britain = Ancient Syria

    Of course the values and, therefore, the equations, are false, but for lazy, "common" people who want quick impressions ignoring the capital, decisive, differentiating, stressing details, there they have it.

    I always said that the EU would end up like this (I was so happy to find it that I commented on the vid back in 2009 or so):



    but I still need an iconic representation of Britain laughing at The Continent for falling down from the same ground they all are sharing....

  41. #91
    Quality posting since 2K7 Nishin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Europe
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,550

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    Quote Originally Posted by JohannBessler View Post
    ^Do you share my discomfort for the EEU?

    Even from the date of its inception, I have never felt comfortable with it. An Englishman is not a German, who is not an Italian, who's not an Irishman, etc, and now innocent people have to pay the price for an act of idealism. I think the UK exercised most remarkable prudence when they chose not join the Euro.

    To be fair, I can look at this situation from the viewpoint of an American. I only hope the very best for Europe. A big part of my heart lies in it; I care very much about its welfare. Right now, however, the situation looks pretty grim.
    I love the EU
    Of course no system is perfect and there's always room for improvement
    Yet it's the best thing that happened to Europe in the past 55 years

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6455879.stm

  42. #92
    Pococuranté belamo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Barcelona
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    14,620

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nishin View Post
    I love the EU
    Of course no system is perfect and there's always room for improvement
    Yet it's the best thing that happened to Europe in the past 55 years

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6455879.stm
    I somehow, somewhat agree: the best thing that can happen to a corpse is a nice embalming, and there is always "room for improvement"... but how long can it last?

    http://brianorndorf.typepad.com/.a/6...cf1c970c-500wi

  43. #93
    Quality posting since 2K7 Nishin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Europe
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,550

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    ^ That movie was so funny !

  44. #94
    Pococuranté belamo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Barcelona
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    14,620

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nishin View Post
    ^ That movie was so funny !
    Now, about your BBC link, each point, like the whole package, is like a crappy product that is marketed under a nice appearance or through bait-samples, covering the real nastiness of the whole: like in the cases of the bubble burst, or the euro crisis, and like everything that is yet to come next to the front page of the news, saying all that now is generally considered resentful, grumbling nonsense: until one day the general tone passes from ultimate optimism, despite the perceived "deficiencies", to utter, darkest desenchantment and resentment, and those formerly perceived as prophets of doom will, once Doomsday arrives will then be considered lukewarm, insensitive bystanders.

  45. #95
    Quality posting since 2K7 Nishin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Europe
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,550

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    Quote Originally Posted by belamo View Post
    I somehow, somewhat agree: the best thing that can happen to a corpse is a nice embalming, and there is always "room for improvement"... but how long can it last?

    http://brianorndorf.typepad.com/.a/6...cf1c970c-500wi
    Think of the Kings of Egypt ...

  46. #96
    Quality posting since 2K7 Nishin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Europe
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,550

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    Quote Originally Posted by belamo View Post
    Now, about your BBC link, each point, like the whole package, is like a crappy product that is marketed under a nice appearance or through bait-samples, covering the real nastiness of the whole: like in the cases of the bubble burst, or the euro crisis, and like everything that is yet to come next to the front page of the news, saying all that now is generally considered resentful, grumbling nonsense: until one day the general tone passes from ultimate optimism, despite the perceived "deficiencies", to utter, darkest desenchantment and resentment, and those formerly perceived as prophets of doom will, once Doomsday arrives will then be considered lukewarm, insensitive bystanders.
    The crisis is not only European or is it?
    I had the idea it was more of a global thing... you know... subprimes... China's yuan...
    Eventually I suppose EU will have benefited some countries or (economic) classes of people, and failed others and that opinions about it will differ depending on where one belongs...

    It's only 55years old, there IS room for improvement, when it's inhabitants realize the need for thinking globally first, locally second... or at least doesn't make them opponents...

  47. #97
    Pococuranté belamo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Barcelona
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    14,620

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nishin View Post
    Think of the Kings of Egypt ...
    Farouk?


  48. #98
    Quality posting since 2K7 Nishin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Europe
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,550

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    Quote Originally Posted by belamo View Post
    Farouk?

    Was he momified? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	simple.gif 
Views:	54 
Size:	302 Bytes 
ID:	898689

  49. #99
    Pococuranté belamo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Barcelona
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    14,620

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nishin View Post
    The crisis is not only European or is it?
    I had the idea it was more of a global thing... you know... subprimes... China's yuan...
    Eventually I suppose EU will have benefited some countries or (economic) classes of people, and failed others and that opinions about it will differ depending on where one belongs...

    It's only 55years old, there IS room for improvement, when it's inhabitants realize the need for thinking globally first, locally second... or at least doesn't make them opponents...
    The crisis is the systemic crisis of an expansive period, and it is not "only European", since it is a global system, but it IS European-based, therefore being a global crisis as being built on the Western world, which is European-based (the "new Europe" is the USA, by that meaning not that the USA is Europe, but that that nation takes it where Europe left it before being embalmed). China, Russia or that part of the Islamic world that we know is thriving under the impulse giving by the Western world and, like the Weestern world itself without the political and economical structures that support it, will fall back to the previous "natural" backward state, with no democracy and no capitalism... and no civil liberties arising from sophisticated, cosmopolitan urban societies.

    During the past millennium there has been a movement of social and economical expansion based on capitalism and democracy, but even the sloppiest analysis will show that it is being used to be reverted to the previous state of oligarchy... that is more "naturally" (for those who are fond of the "natural" and "more universal" state of things) found outside the Western world in the past five to ten centuries.

    The EU is not 55 years old: it is as old as Europe itself. You are taking the trademark and the managing system for the actual product.

  50. #100
    Pococuranté belamo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Barcelona
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    14,620

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nishin View Post
    Was he momified? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	simple.gif 
Views:	54 
Size:	302 Bytes 
ID:	898689
    By himsellf, in alcohol or something.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.