JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

Page 27 of 162 FirstFirst ... 2226272832 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,350 of 8088
  1. #1301

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    Quote Originally Posted by oakpope View Post
    ....I wonder what would be the 'real' behaviors of male and female human if there was not the current cultural endoctrinement of gender conformation. ...
    yes indeed!

    I wonder what would be the 'real' behaviours of all of us would be if there was not the cultural endoctrinement.
    .

  2. #1302
    Pococuranté belamo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Barcelona
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    18,585

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    Quote Originally Posted by pat grimshaw View Post
    yes indeed!

    I wonder what would be the 'real' behaviours of all of us would be if there was not the cultural endoctrinement.
    http://www.colegiosansaturio.com/dep..._encounter.jpg

  3. #1303

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    ^ Hmmm ... I'll have to consider what that means. I hope it's not an empty conceit like Wilde's superficially charming epigrams.
    .

  4. #1304
    PerScientiam AdJustitiam bankside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Beware the deepity.
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married (to a man)
    Posts
    17,556
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    Quote Originally Posted by oakpope View Post
    ^I wonder what would be the 'real' behaviors of male and female human if there was not the current cultural endoctrinement of gender conformation. I would not be surprised if sexual/emotional behaviors would reveal themselves not to be so apart from one another.
    This is the most refreshingly rational assessment of our nature. So many people have speculated on the same question by saying "we're all the SAME" as though this were even a desirable imperative, or they say even more stupidly that "Women are from Mars and Men are from Venus."

    "Not so far apart from one another" is the best description.

  5. #1305
    Pococuranté belamo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Barcelona
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    18,585

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    http://www.johncrossen.com/gallimgs/...s/cupidHOT.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupid View Post
    I'm a JUB icon.

  6. #1306
    Pococuranté belamo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Barcelona
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    18,585

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    That Soilwork had been taped and publicly featured so intimately with the models while at Fratmen> http://www.gayforit.eu/static_view_video/235781.html

    The asscheeks of that Miles guy is one of the few treasures I still keep from my old subscriptions to that site... after then I have only been interested in that Trevor superstud> http://www.gayforit.eu/video/230483/Fratmen-Trevor

  7. #1307
    ...is no hippie Harke the Boeotarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Widower
    Posts
    10,518

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    Quote Originally Posted by belamo View Post
    That Soilwork had been taped and publicly featured so intimately with the models while at Fratmen> http://www.gayforit.eu/static_view_video/235781.html

    The asscheeks of that Miles guy is one of the few treasures I still keep from my old subscriptions to that site... after then I have only been interested in that Trevor superstud> http://www.gayforit.eu/video/230483/Fratmen-Trevor
    I guess we'll just have to accept his life is better than ours, even if our tattoos are better than his.

  8. #1308
    Pococuranté belamo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Barcelona
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    18,585

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    Quote Originally Posted by pat grimshaw View Post
    ^ Hmmm ... I'll have to consider what that means. I hope it's not an empty conceit like Wilde's superficially charming epigrams.
    Maybe that's just your superficially endearing mind.

  9. #1309
    Pococuranté belamo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Barcelona
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    18,585

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harke the Boeotarch View Post
    I guess we'll just have to accept his life is better than ours, even if our tattoos are better than his.
    And our whores generally better worth their cheap money value

  10. #1310
    Pococuranté belamo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Barcelona
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    18,585

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?


  11. #1311
    Pococuranté belamo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Barcelona
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    18,585

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?


  12. #1312
    Sex God AstareGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Portland
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    667

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    Not so much learned, but proved, that it is possible to get a job offer, despite wearing blue jeans to an interview. That should blow some people's minds.
    Brad's Search - 70,000 words and counting!

  13. #1313

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    Quote Originally Posted by AstareGod View Post
    Not so much learned, but proved, that it is possible to get a job offer, despite wearing blue jeans to an interview. That should blow some people's minds.
    Depends on the job... if it's for dry wall, or house painting, you'd look pretty silly in a suit.
    http://www.justusboys.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic216959_1.gif

  14. #1314
    Pococuranté belamo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Barcelona
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    18,585

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    Quote Originally Posted by AstareGod View Post
    Not so much learned, but proved, that it is possible to get a job offer, despite wearing blue jeans to an interview. That should blow some people's minds.
    http://pinterest.com/pin/339810734354102797/

  15. #1315

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    Quote Originally Posted by JohannBessler View Post
    ^It came across to me that 1)he votes Republican and 2)he feels that anyone can get a job, and if a person doesn't work, it's because he's too lazy to work, and prefers to live off the government.

    There's so much wrong with that line of thinking that I wouldn't know where to start.
    I guess you read way more into it then I did... I just think it depends on the job, and the circumstances. I wore jeans to most of my job interviews, and got the jobs, but they were jean appropriate jobs so it wasn't really a big deal.
    http://www.justusboys.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic216959_1.gif

  16. #1316
    Pococuranté belamo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Barcelona
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    18,585

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    I have learned... experienced some new Streisand effect along the line of the Mozart or Austen effect: well, in fact it was a sort of compounded effect of Barbra, Judy, Ethel... after an hour of slightly discontinuous listening of performances by them and some minor artists, I feel like my thinking and, oh, wonder, particularly my speech ability had been soothed, eased and invigorated

  17. #1317
    ...is no hippie Harke the Boeotarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Widower
    Posts
    10,518

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    I've learnt that a certain supermarket brand of coffee milk cups costs 31 eurocents a bag, and that "speculaas" cookies from the same brand cost 89 a box.

  18. #1318
    Pococuranté belamo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Barcelona
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    18,585

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harke the Boeotarch View Post
    I've learnt that a certain supermarket brand of coffee milk cups costs 31 eurocents a bag, and that "speculaas" cookies from the same brand cost 89 a box.
    Why would anyone buy coffee or/and cookies, especially the cheap ones... and particularly if he is not precisely well-off...

  19. #1319
    Pococuranté belamo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Barcelona
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    18,585

    Code of Conduct

  20. #1320
    ...is no hippie Harke the Boeotarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Widower
    Posts
    10,518

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    Quote Originally Posted by belamo View Post
    Why would anyone buy coffee or/and cookies, especially the cheap ones... and particularly if he is not precisely well-off...
    'Cause it was his job and he was Dutch.

  21. #1321
    WTF????? refujiunderground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    10,148
    Blog Entries
    43

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    Quote Originally Posted by JohannBessler View Post
    (nods head)

    We're looking at it from diffferent perspectives.

    I interpreted it as "Gosh, absolutely anybody can get a job, even if he wears jeans."

    Maybe I misinterpreted it. I hope so. It sounded terribly unkind.
    naw, i agree wholeheartedly where you're coming from. he comes across as being disrespectful. in fact, it sounds like he's taking it as a joke as if he's not competing with other people for a job. if there's like 10 people going up for that one gig and they're all dressed up, suit, tie, shiny shoes, dress pants, looking professional as can be and he comes in there waltzing in there with jeans, he most likely will not get hired. it doesn't matter what job he's going for. it shows how much he respects his would be employer.

    it reminds me some years back when i was 18 and i was competing for a gig @ american eagle to do retail. i was the only guy in there that came dressed up and you had some high schoolers coming in street clothes. i dunno if they thought they could do that because it was the summertime or that it was a joke but it was embarrassing. it was a group interview too. one of them actually showed up about 10 minutes late while the interview was ongoing coming in from soccer practice, still dressed up in his practice clothes. to be honest with you, i was pissed because i was desperately looking for a job and here these kids came in, waltzing in like it was a joke or something. i didn't get the job and it would irked the shit out of me if i found out that one of those kids got it.
    Last edited by refujiunderground; March 29th, 2013 at 12:27 PM.
    one thing about the closet/you don't have to hurry/it will be bad tomorrow/so brother, don't you worry

  22. #1322
    Sex God AstareGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Portland
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    667

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    Thanks for the pic, belamo!

    I definitely don't want to start any sort of argument here. How you interpret it is how you interpret it; I can't help that and have no influence in the matter.

    The job was for a professional IT/software developer. I don't know how many others, if any, applied for the same job. However, the point I wanted to make was I didn't want the way I dressed to speak for me - I wanted my skills, expertise, and experience to speak for me. And they did. That's it.

    Oh, and by the way, I'm not a Republican.
    Brad's Search - 70,000 words and counting!

  23. #1323

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    All conspiracy theories towards motives aside, Congrats on landing the Job !!!
    http://www.justusboys.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic216959_1.gif

  24. #1324
    Sex God AstareGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Portland
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    667

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    Quote Originally Posted by borg69unimatrix View Post
    All conspiracy theories towards motives aside, Congrats on landing the Job !!!
    Thank you! I'm not sure if it was immediately obvious that *I* was the one wearing the jeans. But I was. And I got the job. Bash me, congratulate me, be indifferent; say what you want, it doesn't matter.

    I guess another thing I learned today is that I'm good at stirring up controversy, both on these boards and in real life. But deep down I'm really a nice guy.
    Last edited by AstareGod; March 29th, 2013 at 12:39 PM.
    Brad's Search - 70,000 words and counting!

  25. #1325
    Look, listen and rejoice oakpope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Paris, France.
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,425

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    What a great piece of art. I love it.
    Magna Veritas


  26. #1326
    Pococuranté belamo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Barcelona
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    18,585

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    No, now seriously... if the way spmeone dresses is actually so important to get a job, the job itself must not be that important... only the position and the salary: the appearance of a job...




    and, even worse, the appareance of the trash that it is wanted to be offered as gold in that "job".
    Last edited by belamo; March 29th, 2013 at 12:56 PM.

  27. #1327
    Pococuranté belamo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Barcelona
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    18,585

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    Quote Originally Posted by oakpope View Post
    What a great piece of art. I love it.
    You may still be decadent, but not stylishly decadent anymore

  28. #1328
    Pococuranté belamo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Barcelona
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    18,585

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    Quote Originally Posted by JohannBessler View Post
    You will find many, many misunderstandings on the Internet.

    I believe this is due, in part, to the fact that we can't rely on nonverbal communication, since chatters don't see each other.


    it is because we are all ready to make the part of the world we hate to jump to our own conclusions... like a bad bully cop

  29. #1329
    WTF????? refujiunderground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    10,148
    Blog Entries
    43

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    Quote Originally Posted by belamo View Post
    No, now seriously... if the way spmeone dresses is actually so important to get a job, the job itself must not be that important... only the position and the salary: the appearance of a job...




    and, even worse, the appareance of the trash that it is wanted to be offered as gold in that "job".
    i hate to go there BUT this is some reality shit and many posters in here wouldn't understand because they're not in the position to. speaking as a black man in america where i know i have to fucking be on point with everything that i do because you have fuckers looking for every chance to have a reason to hate, it irks me whenever i see folks say that shit. i wouldn't be able to do the same thing because folks would look @ the fact that i'm wearing jeans and as a black man, they would judge my performance based off of that. i can't afford to take things lightly because i'm always being judged for my skin. i can't even have my hair a certain way because i'm being judged but yet a white person could do the same thing without being judged.

    that just brings me back to what i was saying earlier about that american eagle job. there were like 7 or 8 people at that group interview. i came there dressed up, everybody else didn't. i was like one of two black guys there where everyone else was white. the other black guy had on dreads and dressed up like the rest of those kids did. i didn't have any job experience at the time BUT sheit, it would piss me off to see that some kids dressing up in street clothes especially the kid that came in from soccer practice. you get what i'm coming from.

    then folks think that i'm complaining or crying racism WHEN this is typical shit that many black people have to deal with.
    Last edited by refujiunderground; March 29th, 2013 at 01:11 PM.
    one thing about the closet/you don't have to hurry/it will be bad tomorrow/so brother, don't you worry

  30. #1330
    Pococuranté belamo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Barcelona
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    18,585

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    Quote Originally Posted by refujiunderground View Post
    i hate to go there BUT this is some reality shit and many posters in here wouldn't understand because they're not in the position to. speaking as a black man in america where i know i have to fucking be on point with everything that i do because you have fuckers looking for every chance to have a reason to hate, it irks me whenever i see folks say that shit. i wouldn't be able to do the same thing because folks would look @ the fact that i'm wearing jeans and as a black man, they would judge my performance based off of that.

    that just brings me back to what i was saying earlier about that american eagle job. there were like 7 or 8 people at that group interview. i came there dressed up, everybody else didn't. i was like one of two black guys there where everyone else was white. the other black guy had on dreads and dressed up like the rest of those kids did. i didn't have any job experience at the time BUT sheit, it would piss me off to see that some kids dressing up in street clothes especially the kid that came in from soccer practice. you get what i'm coming from.
    You get at what I was talking about: in every country there is a standarship of "belonging" to the group (that they may coat with newer terms like "citizenship" to make it look more democratically fancier to their own prejudiced members of the community, and apparently fairer and more acceptable to the less prejudiced ones); in the USA it may still be the waspy look, even if the "w" has to be dropped more often than some would like, or in Catalonia the language... "outsiders" or "newcomers" must "prove" what is taking for granted in the rest, no matter if they ACTUALLY have it or not.

    And then there are the women, and that is a whole different, harder league, because the mere fact of not having a dangle, no matter what your skin color or your mother language, puts you in a far lower position from the start.


    That reminds me that today I read some old news about that woman who went to have tea with Assad and announcedthat is retiring in a year or so. Thank Cod, we do not want her to pass away live, or have the pins fall down all of a sudden before the cameras.

  31. #1331
    Look, listen and rejoice oakpope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Paris, France.
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,425

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    Quote Originally Posted by AstareGod View Post
    Thanks for the pic, belamo!

    I definitely don't want to start any sort of argument here. How you interpret it is how you interpret it; I can't help that and have no influence in the matter.

    The job was for a professional IT/software developer. I don't know how many others, if any, applied for the same job. However, the point I wanted to make was I didn't want the way I dressed to speak for me - I wanted my skills, expertise, and experience to speak for me. And they did. That's it.

    Oh, and by the way, I'm not a Republican.
    I did apply quite many times for the same job. I have never seen anyone going at these with anything but a suit. I think in France we still are pretty conservatives. But it surely depends, for a job in design/advertising originality is a plus.
    Magna Veritas


  32. #1332
    Look, listen and rejoice oakpope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Paris, France.
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,425

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    AstareGod ? I know Astarte, but never encountered Astare before. Webster tells me it comes from 'to stare' and is meant to be an adjective. Please, if you don't mind, tell me what it means for you ? Thank you !
    Magna Veritas


  33. #1333

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    Quote Originally Posted by oakpope View Post
    AstareGod ? I know Astarte, but never encountered Astare before. Webster tells me it comes from 'to stare' and is meant to be an adjective. Please, if you don't mind, tell me what it means for you ? Thank you !
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astarte
    http://www.justusboys.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic216959_1.gif

  34. #1334
    WTF????? refujiunderground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    10,148
    Blog Entries
    43

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    Quote Originally Posted by belamo View Post
    You get at what I was talking about: in every country there is a standarship of "belonging" to the group (that they may coat with newer terms like "citizenship" to make it look more democratically fancier to their own prejudiced members of the community, and apparently fairer and more acceptable to the less prejudiced ones); in the USA it may still be the waspy look, even if the "w" has to be dropped more often than some would like, or in Catalonia the language... "outsiders" or "newcomers" must "prove" what is taking for granted in the rest, no matter if they ACTUALLY have it or not.

    And then there are the women, and that is a whole different, harder league, because the mere fact of not having a dangle, no matter what your skin color or your mother language, puts you in a far lower position from the start.


    That reminds me that today I read some old news about that woman who went to have tea with Assad and announcedthat is retiring in a year or so. Thank Cod, we do not want her to pass away live, or have the pins fall down all of a sudden before the cameras.
    exactly, what surprises me is how people are ignorant towards other people's struggles where they take things for granted until they find themselves in that position where they can relate. they want sympathy yet they were being unsympathic when someone was saying the same shit.

    you have some women that pull the sexism card but think it's okay to hate on men. you have some black people that are quick to call racism when they're being discriminated against for being black but then turn around being racist towards white, asians and the whole nine. you have some gay men that are ready to hate on women then turn around talking about homophobia. wtf.
    Last edited by refujiunderground; March 29th, 2013 at 01:39 PM.
    one thing about the closet/you don't have to hurry/it will be bad tomorrow/so brother, don't you worry

  35. #1335
    Look, listen and rejoice oakpope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Paris, France.
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,425

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    Quote Originally Posted by belamo View Post
    You may still be decadent, but not stylishly decadent anymore
    If I'm decadent, should I mind, then, to be stylishly so or not ?
    Magna Veritas


  36. #1336
    Pococuranté belamo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Barcelona
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    18,585

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    Quote Originally Posted by oakpope View Post
    AstareGod ? I know Astarte, but never encountered Astare before. Webster tells me it comes from 'to stare' and is meant to be an adjective. Please, if you don't mind, tell me what it means for you ? Thank you !
    That is where other people, more finicky and [even ] more stupid than me would suggest you to keep your crap out of "my" thread and dump it in a PM to be addressed to its legitimate receiver

  37. #1337
    Look, listen and rejoice oakpope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Paris, France.
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,425

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    Quote Originally Posted by borg69unimatrix View Post
    I did say I knew Astarte, it's the Astare that I don't
    Magna Veritas


  38. #1338
    Sex God AstareGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Portland
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    667

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    Quote Originally Posted by oakpope View Post
    I did apply quite many times for the same job. I have never seen anyone going at these with anything but a suit. I think in France we still are pretty conservatives. But it surely depends, for a job in design/advertising originality is a plus.
    Quote Originally Posted by oakpope View Post
    AstareGod ? I know Astarte, but never encountered Astare before. Webster tells me it comes from 'to stare' and is meant to be an adjective. Please, if you don't mind, tell me what it means for you ? Thank you !
    The first time I applied for a job like this, perhaps about 2 years ago, I wore a suit. I didn't get the job that time. I decided to try something different this time, and it worked. Sure, that wasn't the only circumstance that was different.

    The "Astare" in my name does come from "Astarte". I took out the second "T" and redefined it to mean creativity, love, and passion, since Astarte is the Canaanite goddess of fertility (if I remember correctly).

    refujiunderground, I wanted to give you a shout-out and a big thank you for your story. Even though the point of my blue-jean-wearing interview was to force my interviewers to focus on what I'm actually capable of, instead of my outward appearance, I wouldn't go so far as to say I, myself, am totally unbiased when it comes to others' appearance - I guess I'm a bit less stringent. I'm sorry you feel that your race has negatively impacted others' views of your performance. For what it's worth, I am not one of those people who is influenced by someone's race. Nothing I wrote and nothing I was trying to prove has anything to do with race at all.

    I actually own a small business, and though I haven't conducted many interviews myself, I make it a point to never let anything like race, religious views, or sexual orientation influence my opinion of someone else's performance or ability. As a gay man demanding equal treatment from his state, country, and society, it would be extremely hypocritical if I were the opposite.
    Brad's Search - 70,000 words and counting!

  39. #1339
    Look, listen and rejoice oakpope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Paris, France.
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,425

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    Quote Originally Posted by belamo View Post
    That is where other people, more finicky and [even ] more stupid than me would suggest you to keep your crap out of "my" thread and dump it in a PM to be addressed to its legitimate receiver
    That thought entered my mind, but I believed that his answer could enlighten others as well. Hence the publicity of my inquiry
    Magna Veritas


  40. #1340
    美しいヨーロッパ Scealle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,930
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    [QUOTE=belamo;8788988]Like for example..?

    Esp things regarding gay sex. Lol something I don't even know lol. #failgay


    Quote Originally Posted by pat grimshaw View Post
    ^ Hmmm ... I'll have to consider what that means. I hope it's not an empty conceit like Wilde's superficially charming epigrams.
    Looks like an orgy going to happen. Woops excuse my hormones


    [QUOTE=belamo;8788988]Like for example..?

    Esp things regarding gay sex. Lol something I don't even know lol. #failgay


    Quote Originally Posted by pat grimshaw View Post
    ^ Hmmm ... I'll have to consider what that means. I hope it's not an empty conceit like Wilde's superficially charming epigrams.
    Looks like an orgy going to happen. Woops excuse my hormones


    Quote Originally Posted by AstareGod View Post
    Thank you! I'm not sure if it was immediately obvious that *I* was the one wearing the jeans. But I was. And I got the job. Bash me, congratulate me, be indifferent; say what you want, it doesn't matter.

    I guess another thing I learned today is that I'm good at stirring up controversy, both on these boards and in real life. But deep down I'm really a nice guy.
    Congrats on your job! IT is a tough field. I always assumed that serious fields like these usually require strict dressing codes haha Because even art fields required this (at least our lecs says so...)
    Sometimes people misinterpret things >-< It happens in real life too. Somehow things I say my friends always use it against me. Like last year I advice my friends to pay attention to what they eat as it affects their health and well being (You are what you eat). Since then they keep using that phrase against me if I occasional suggested eating something casual like pizza, or burger. They also assumed I looked down on people who eat fatty foods

  41. #1341
    Sex God AstareGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Portland
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    667

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scealle View Post
    Congrats on your job! IT is a tough field. I always assumed that serious fields like these usually require strict dressing codes haha Because even art fields required this (at least our lecs says so...)

    Sometimes people misinterpret things >-< It happens in real life too. Somehow things I say my friends always use it against me. Like last year I advice my friends to pay attention to what they eat as it affects their health and well being (You are what you eat). Since then they keep using that phrase against me if I occasional suggested eating something casual like pizza, or burger. They also assumed I looked down on people who eat fatty foods
    Thank you for the kind words! The company I (may) work for does have a dress code, but it mostly consists of just khaki pants and a nice button-down/polo shirt. They consider that laid-back/casual.

    I've run across a few other companies that describe their work environment as "work hard/play hard", "casual", and "fun". I assume the more forward-facing or customer-facing job roles require strict dress codes, but working in teams instead of customers, a dress code isn't as important. Funny, I wouldn't think an art field would require any kind of dress code at all. I would think strict adherence to dress would stifle creativity.

    I know what you mean about the misunderstandings. I find they happen much more frequently online because it's hard to garner context when someone says something, plus I've only physically met two other JUBbers, and it's too easy to have a preconceived notion of how someone is or more easily immediately react to what someone says instead of asking for clarification and letting that person explain more of what they meant.

    I've had family use the same argument about eating healthy against me, too. They looked down on me for the choices I made and even made fun of me because of it. They had some pretty hateful things to say. Needless to say, they're out of my life now.
    Brad's Search - 70,000 words and counting!

  42. #1342
    JUB Addict mikey3000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Married
    Posts
    4,026

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    Today I've learned that the most important decision you can make in your life is who you choose for a life partner. Choose wisely and all will be ok, but choose poorly and your life can be a total disaster.
    Inspired - but too tired.

  43. #1343
    Pococuranté belamo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Barcelona
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    18,585

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    Quote Originally Posted by mikey3000 View Post
    Today I've learned that the most important decision you can make in your life is who you choose for a life partner. Choose wisely and all will be ok, but choose poorly and your life can be a total disaster.

    Or just wait until the next sale.

  44. #1344
    Thankfully Liberal & Gay
    frankfrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    surrounded by Western Illinois cornfields and soybeans
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    16,198
    Blog Entries
    5

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    Quote Originally Posted by refujiunderground View Post
    you have some black people that are quick to call racism when they're being discriminated against for being black but then turn around being racist towards white, asians and the whole nine.
    I saw a version of this about fifteen years ago, at a fair. There was a Black guy there, in a conversation with somebody, talking about racism and discrimination and how it had affected him directly. I don't think it was three sentences later - certainly not as long as a minute later - he changed it to talking about faggots, and that they shouldn't really have any rights, they should be re-educated, they are the scum of the earth...
    BOSS: I'm sorry, but I'll have to lay you and Jack off.
    SUE: Can you just jack off? I feel like shit today.

    "I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires" - Susan B. Anthony

    BALTIMORE POLICE: To Protect and Sever.

  45. #1345
    Thankfully Liberal & Gay
    frankfrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    surrounded by Western Illinois cornfields and soybeans
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    16,198
    Blog Entries
    5

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    I was in the audience at a rap performance last night, 24 hours ago. One of my niece's sons [Shaun] is one of the rappers who performed there - it was some kind of contest. Most of the raps were musical sets, but the one with my great-nephew (I think that's what he is called???) was a set of one-minute spoken raps, with another rapper on stage, alternating until each rapper had done three of these. The raps were sort of Don Rickles type insults (though it was easy to tell that the two guys were bonded as strong friends), and hilarious. In the second round Shaun briefly bared his left arm**, revealing a big tat, and the other rapper worked his tat into the rap seamlessly.

    **The Second Amendment to the U. S. Constitution gives us the right to bare arms.

    Not to mention, of course, flawlessly working various "responses" into the raps as well.

    At that point, it suddenly hit me: HOLY SMOKES, these guys are IMPROVISING on-the-fly, with no chance to rehearse or test anything, and they're rapping in meter and in rhyme! With the complexity of rap/hiphop, I always assumed that it was thought-out and COMPOSED before a word is ever said.

    An amazing revelation to me, even though I never doubted that rapping takes a LOT of skill. But coming up with it unrehearsed is mind-blowing to me.

    That made up for all that led to it, including (before anybody was on stage) the preceding music that was played so loudly that I had trouble understanding the words (not to mention the usual and/or Jamaican accents), and made it impossible to do much visiting, unless sometimes when I went outdoors to hang with the smokers, but only one of the nieces smokes.

    A little bit of a toke (what I call a "baby toke") gave me a buzz, too - more than I was comfortable with to drive back to the hotel, but it was all good. I have exceptionally low tolerance to pot, so it takes almost nothing for me to get buzzed.

    I hope that I didn't give anybody my bronchitis. They diagnosed that today, and I should already be non-communicable by tomorrow night. I hadn't had the three hours available to attend to it until Friday (walk-in clinics usually take about three hours), but it was still only a moderate case, thankfully.
    BOSS: I'm sorry, but I'll have to lay you and Jack off.
    SUE: Can you just jack off? I feel like shit today.

    "I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires" - Susan B. Anthony

    BALTIMORE POLICE: To Protect and Sever.

  46. #1346
    Thankfully Liberal & Gay
    frankfrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    surrounded by Western Illinois cornfields and soybeans
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    16,198
    Blog Entries
    5

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    Quote Originally Posted by belamo View Post
    That is where other people, more finicky and [even ] more stupid than me would suggest you to keep your crap out of "my" thread and dump it in a PM to be addressed to its legitimate receiver
    I have to disagree with you this time - I felt that it added something to your thread, ad it was somewhat interesting. (No, not the "OH WOW!" type of interesting, but few things are THAT, really.) I didn't think it at all out of place when I saw it.

    However, when it comes to things which are usually done privately and only directly relevant to the (usually two) people who are directly involved, and it doesn't really adhere to the thread topic, it becomes a type of threadspam - not immediately, but certainly when it becomes dozens or hundreds of exchanges.

    I don't think of SS as a spammer, either - I seldom understand what he says, but I still look at his posts. Actually one of my favorite feelings/emotions is bewilderment, the "analytical" type of it - "HUH? How-in-hell did they ever think of that, or put those words together?" or similar things. There was an element of that last night during the rap-off: "Uh...how in the hell did they do that??"
    BOSS: I'm sorry, but I'll have to lay you and Jack off.
    SUE: Can you just jack off? I feel like shit today.

    "I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires" - Susan B. Anthony

    BALTIMORE POLICE: To Protect and Sever.

  47. #1347
    Thankfully Liberal & Gay
    frankfrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    surrounded by Western Illinois cornfields and soybeans
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    16,198
    Blog Entries
    5

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    Quote Originally Posted by frankfrank View Post
    he changed it to talking about "faggots" and that they shouldn't really have any rights, they should be re-educated, they are the scum of the earth...
    This is what it was supposed to look like, with the quotations around the word (which I don't use under any ordinary circumstances at all), and the quotes actually add context (saying that he was the one who used the word).
    BOSS: I'm sorry, but I'll have to lay you and Jack off.
    SUE: Can you just jack off? I feel like shit today.

    "I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires" - Susan B. Anthony

    BALTIMORE POLICE: To Protect and Sever.

  48. #1348
    Inactive
    star-warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Home is where the heart is
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Married
    Posts
    38,123
    Blog Entries
    9

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    It's April in a couple of days. Tempus fugit.


  49. #1349
    Pococuranté belamo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Barcelona
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    18,585

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What have you learnt today?

    Quote Originally Posted by JohannBessler View Post
    The interesting thing is that I counted no less than three (3) distinctly different interpretations of your original post.

    It just goes to show you how hard communicating over the Internet can be.
    No. It just proves that being literate is harder than typing and gping through letters and, most importantly, that being literate and articulate, and even a literary genius or a hack writer, is a social matter.

  50. #1350
    Pococuranté belamo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Barcelona
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    18,585

    Code of Conduct
    Last edited by belamo; March 30th, 2013 at 04:11 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.