JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

remove these banner ads by becoming a JUB Supporter.

Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: Nicole Scherzinger

      
   
  1. #1

    Nicole Scherzinger

    Why is so underrated? She's a much better singer and dancer than most pop stars out there (and better-looking too).




    This is amazing:



    Great song:



    I love this performance:



    Catchy:




  2. #2
    Already Gone BreakTheIce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,517

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Nicole Scherzinger

    "Nicole is underrated" is overrated.

  3. #3

    Re: Nicole Scherzinger

    Quote Originally Posted by BreakTheIce View Post
    "Nicole is underrated" is overrated.
    Who else says she's underrated?

  4. #4
    I Run S.C. BFizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,391

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Nicole Scherzinger

    I love her!

  5. #5
    On the Prowl dingue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    bruxelles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    106

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Nicole Scherzinger

    hate here! with all the make up she looks like a 40 year old tranny....

  6. #6

    Re: Nicole Scherzinger

    Quote Originally Posted by BFizzle View Post
    I love her!
    Did you watch Behind The Music?

    Quote Originally Posted by dingue View Post
    hate here! with all the make up she looks like a 40 year old tranny....
    What a hater. Nicole is 34 and gorgeous.






  7. #7
    JUB Addict DigitalFudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    5,800

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Nicole Scherzinger

    She needs to find a better writing camp to make her some bops. The shit she releases is cute to hardcore fans but won't cut it against her peers.

  8. #8
    Already Gone BreakTheIce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,517

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Nicole Scherzinger

    I hear many people say she's underrated all the time, not just on these forums. I don't see anything particularly special about her though.

    Very pretty - but so are so many other pop artists
    Sings well - but is outsung by so many other artists VERY easily
    Dances well - good for her but I see so many videos that are amazing where people/artists don't dance

    So what's so special about her? Her solo album did terribly in the US but did well in the UK. I don't particularly like the lyrics to any of her songs that you posted.

    One thing I never understood is why she released music under "The Pussycat Dolls". IMO, the other girls had nothing to do with the songs. They could have just as well called the group "Nicole Scherzinger and the Girls Who Dance Behind Her".

    That said, my favorite song that she's sung is still Dontcha.



    Not a fan of rap at all but I like Busta's lyrics in this song as well.

  9. #9
    Virgin
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    19

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Nicole Scherzinger

    I'm a huge fan of her! But I kinda get where DigitalFudge is coming from. But anyways, I think she is underrated in the sense that people don't realize how versatile she really is? Plus, what with the sex symbol image from PCD, Her Name Is Nicole being shelved, and now Killer Love US as well, and that X-Factor US mess, it's not a surprise many don't take her too seriously.

    @BreaktheIce
    I think that looks are very subjective, so I wouldn't compare her looks to other popstars. As for being outsung easily, I actually beg to differ. I think of those popstars who are relevant at the moment (who sing and dance in their performances), only Beyonce is stronger than her in terms of consistency. I do admit Nicole's performances are not very consistent, but better than her PCD ones. Yeah, Right There can get quite annoying sometimes though. The songs he posted are her UK singles though, maybe you could try watching her other videos like Pretty, You Will Be Loved, Desperate, Save Me From Myself if you decide to give her a chance

  10. #10

    Re: Nicole Scherzinger

    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalFudge View Post
    She needs to find a better writing camp to make her some bops. The shit she releases is cute to hardcore fans but won't cut it against her peers.
    Her material isn't very different from what's popular. Poison is a typical RedOne song and Right There sounds similar to What's My Name (both penned by Ester Dean). Something more original would probably be better like Don't Hold Your Breath.


    Quote Originally Posted by BreakTheIce View Post
    I hear many people say she's underrated all the time, not just on these forums. I don't see anything particularly special about her though.

    Very pretty - but so are so many other pop artists
    Sings well - but is outsung by so many other artists VERY easily
    Dances well - good for her but I see so many videos that are amazing where people/artists don't dance

    So what's so special about her?
    Most pop stars today save a few like Katy Perry, Beyonce and Jennifer Lopez aren't that good-looking, but that's subjective and I don't really care anyway.

    As for many others artists being able to outsing Nicole "VERY easily," like who? Pink, Gaga, Katy Perry, Rihanna, Taylor Swift or Kelly Clarkson lol? Let's not be delusional here. Nicole has more power and vocal range than the vast majority of pop singers. Hitting every high note from C5-F6 easily:



    ^ There's no denying her strong range and power so let's not even get into that. Of course she's not the only pop singer with power, but most other powerhouses don't have control like Nicole does (see Christina Aguilera). Nicole has more full control over her vibrato and best of of all, she's versatile and that's what make her special. Other singers are one-note (literally and figuratively) singing the same type of song with the same notes while Nicole can pull off anything note and genre-wise from power ballads to R&B to opera to dance songs. Best of all, she pull it off while performing with actual dancing (Jennifer Lopez is her only competitor here) when others like rely on a studio vocals and theatrics to distract us.

    How many pop stars can do this?



    ^ The aria at the end. This video made me a fan.


    Quote Originally Posted by BreakTheIce View Post
    Her solo album did terribly in the US but did well in the UK. I don't particularly like the lyrics to any of her songs that you posted.

    One thing I never understood is why she released music under "The Pussycat Dolls". IMO, the other girls had nothing to do with the songs. They could have just as well called the group "Nicole Scherzinger and the Girls Who Dance Behind Her".

    That said, my favorite song that she's sung is still Dontcha.

    Not a fan of rap at all but I like Busta's lyrics in this song as well.
    Her solo album wasn't even released in the US. It was pushed back twice and Interscope finally decided to make new one for US release next year after she's done with X Factor UK. She released music under PCD because she was hired specifically to be the singer (a lot of their songs were her solo material, but put under the PCD banner).

    And it can't be lyrics because Don't Cha has to be one of the most basic songs she's sung. Most of what's on Killer Love is miles better. The difference is that Don't Cha had radio support in the US and she doesn't have that anymore.


    Quote Originally Posted by ScherZ7 View Post
    I'm a huge fan of her! But I kinda get where DigitalFudge is coming from. But anyways, I think she is underrated in the sense that people don't realize how versatile she really is? Plus, what with the sex symbol image from PCD, Her Name Is Nicole being shelved, and now Killer Love US as well, and that X-Factor US mess, it's not a surprise many don't take her too seriously.

    @BreaktheIce
    I think that looks are very subjective, so I wouldn't compare her looks to other popstars. As for being outsung easily, I actually beg to differ. I think of those popstars who are relevant at the moment (who sing and dance in their performances), only Beyonce is stronger than her in terms of consistency. I do admit Nicole's performances are not very consistent, but better than her PCD ones. Yeah, Right There can get quite annoying sometimes though. The songs he posted are her UK singles though, maybe you could try watching her other videos like Pretty, You Will Be Loved, Desperate, Save Me From Myself if you decide to give her a chance
    I don't mind the sex symbol status, but I agree she does ruin every chance she gets. After winning Dancing with the Stars in 2010, why was there no single debuted? Why is she great on X Factor UK and so boring on X Factor US? And why were US promo performances of Right There and Don't Hold Your Breath so cheap and awkward? No matter what there is no denying how talented she is.
    Last edited by Inverted; October 19th, 2012 at 06:45 PM.

  11. #11
    JUB Addict
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Carson
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    3,774

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Nicole Scherzinger

    ^^^Haha

    Did you just place Nicole Scherzinger in the same league as Christina Aguilera? I've actually heard her sing, live, without a microphone and she does have a good voice, but her power is nowhere close to Christina. Even Beyonce has more power behind her voice than Nicole. Nicole's range is excellent, but she is not going to touch powerhouse vocalists.

    Her being able to control her vibrato is not a huge accomplishment. It's not a trait unique to her. Every singer can control his or her vibrato. She's average at dancing, on her best day. Even when she sings and dances, live, it's not intense and/or difficult choreography. Also, there are other people who can sing and dance live. These attributes that you mention are not really something that are so rare, even in the entertainment business.

  12. #12
    Already Gone BreakTheIce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,517

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Nicole Scherzinger

    Quote Originally Posted by Inverted View Post
    As for many others artists being able to outsing Nicole "VERY easily," like who? Pink, Gaga, Katy Perry, Rihanna, Taylor Swift or Kelly Clarkson lol?
    Oh please. Give me a break. Kelly Clarkson can sing Nicole off a stage if they were placed on it together.





    As would Christina.


  13. #13

    Re: Nicole Scherzinger

    ^ Seriously? Neither of those compare to Royal Variety performance of Nicole. Do you really think Kelly (or even Christina) can pull of the aria so smoothly? Did you even watch the whole thing?



    ^ You know you're a good singer when the most difficult part is better than the easy ones.

    And speaking of RANGE, falsetto:



    Quote Originally Posted by AngelFromAbove View Post
    Did you just place Nicole Scherzinger in the same league as Christina Aguilera? I've actually heard her sing, live, without a microphone and she does have a good voice, but her power is nowhere close to Christina. Even Beyonce has more power behind her voice than Nicole. Nicole's range is excellent, but she is not going to touch powerhouse vocalists.

    Her being able to control her vibrato is not a huge accomplishment. It's not a trait unique to her. Every singer can control his or her vibrato. She's average at dancing, on her best day. Even when she sings and dances, live, it's not intense and/or difficult choreography. Also, there are other people who can sing and dance live. These attributes that you mention are not really something that are so rare, even in the entertainment business.
    What does Christina have other than power? There's no point in having a powerful voice if you have little control and you're a blaring mess. If control wasn't a huge accomplishment, then Christina would be able to accomplish it easily. Yes, every singer can control over her vibrato, but not always do it well. That's why we have Christina and Mary J. Blige types.

    As for being "average at dancing on her best day," you must be joking or just trolling. The only singer right now who's a better dancer than Nicole is Ciara. If Nicole is an "average" dancer, then Rihanna, Britney (today) and Gaga are plain horrible. And who are all these other singers who dance and sing live lol? I mean actual dancers with technique like Jennifer Lopez, not ass shaking and hair flipping like Beyonce (who totally relies on the studio track when choreography comes in anyway).

  14. #14
    Already Gone BreakTheIce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,517

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Nicole Scherzinger

    Quote Originally Posted by Inverted View Post
    ^ Seriously? Neither of those compare to Royal Variety performance of Nicole. Do you really think Kelly (or even Christina) can pull of the aria so smoothly? Did you even watch the whole thing?
    They could do it better but they are too busy still being relevant in the US charts to do that.

  15. #15
    Already Gone BreakTheIce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,517

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Nicole Scherzinger




  16. #16
    JUB Addict
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Carson
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    3,774

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Nicole Scherzinger

    Quote Originally Posted by Inverted View Post
    What does Christina have other than power? There's no point in having a powerful voice if you have little control and you're a blaring mess. If control wasn't a huge accomplishment, then Christina would be able to accomplish it easily. Yes, every singer can control over her vibrato, but not always do it well. That's why we have Christina and Mary J. Blige types.

    As for being "average at dancing on her best day," you must be joking or just trolling. The only singer right now who's a better dancer than Nicole is Ciara. If Nicole is an "average" dancer, then Rihanna, Britney (today) and Gaga are plain horrible. And who are all these other singers who dance and sing live lol? I mean actual dancers with technique like Jennifer Lopez, not ass shaking and hair flipping like Beyonce (who totally relies on the studio track when choreography comes in anyway).
    Actually, you were the one who introduced the idea that Nicole Scherzinger is a powerhouse vocalist. I am addressing the fact that she does not possess those vocal abilities. This is not about Nicole vs. Christina, but the idea that Nicole has standout abilities as a singer or performer. She can hit an F6, that's great. Do you know how many other female vocalists can sing into that register? It's great range, but it's nothing rare.

    Again, I am not trying to compare Nicole to everyone else. She is not a gifted or even close. She has rhythm and she can dance, but she could not make it as a backup dancer for someone, for example. When I said that there are others who sing and dance live, I was referring to people who are not even in the entertainment business. There are plenty of people on Broadway or other theatrical venues who can do everything Nicole can and more. There just is not one talent where she is advanced or gifted. I have seen her person, like I previously said, and she is beautiful though.

    Anyway, as for the others you mentioned, Rihanna and Gaga never really claimed to be dancers. Britney is a shell of herself, Although Britney was better than she is now, she was never amazing either, in prime. Beyonce is better at selling and performing moves than the actual art of dancing.

  17. #17
    Already Gone BreakTheIce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,517

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Nicole Scherzinger

    Quote Originally Posted by Inverted View Post
    And speaking of RANGE
    Just an FYI:

    Kelly Clarkson range: 3 octaves and 2 notes - E3- G6
    Nicole's range: 3 octaves and 2 notes - D3-G#6
    Christina Aguilera's range: 4 octaves - C3- C7

    Nicole has the same range as Kelly and less of a range than Christina. Then again Kelly's voice itself is far better to that of Nicole's in my opinion.

  18. #18

    Re: Nicole Scherzinger

    Quote Originally Posted by BreakTheIce View Post
    They could do it better but they are too busy still being relevant in the US charts to do that.
    I highly doubt that and apparently not... both Your Body and Lotus flopped in every market in the world. And stop acting as if the US is the only country with a relevant music chart.

    Quote Originally Posted by BreakTheIce View Post


    Well if you want something actually amusing try watching her Lotus medley at the AMAs.

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelFromAbove View Post
    Actually, you were the one who introduced the idea that Nicole Scherzinger is a powerhouse vocalist. I am addressing the fact that she does not possess those vocal abilities. This is not about Nicole vs. Christina, but the idea that Nicole has standout abilities as a singer or performer. She can hit an F6, that's great. Do you know how many other female vocalists can sing into that register? It's great range, but it's nothing rare.

    Again, I am not trying to compare Nicole to everyone else. She is not a gifted or even close. She has rhythm and she can dance, but she could not make it as a backup dancer for someone, for example. When I said that there are others who sing and dance live, I was referring to people who are not even in the entertainment business. There are plenty of people on Broadway or other theatrical venues who can do everything Nicole can and more. There just is not one talent where she is advanced or gifted. I have seen her person, like I previously said, and she is beautiful though.

    Anyway, as for the others you mentioned, Rihanna and Gaga never really claimed to be dancers. Britney is a shell of herself, Although Britney was better than she is now, she was never amazing either, in prime. Beyonce is better at selling and performing moves than the actual art of dancing.
    Yes, I did say that she's a powerhouse vocalist and I don't see how you've contradicted that. Your whole argument is that there are women out there who are better vocalists and dancers, but I don't see how that's relevant. I'm sure there are plenty of people who are better, but that doesn't make Nicole any less of a great singer/dancer, especially compared to other pop singers, which this whole thread is about and the reason I brought up Rihanna and Gaga so I'm not sure why you're talking about people outside the entertainment industry or Broadway performers.

    I never said Rihanna, Gaga and Beyonce have claimed to be dancers; I said that Nicole is a great dancer and brought them up because they're pop singers whose dancing abilities are praised when underrated pop singers like Nicole and Ciara eclipse them easily.

    Quote Originally Posted by BreakTheIce View Post
    Just an FYI:

    Kelly Clarkson range: 3 octaves and 2 notes - E3- G6
    Nicole's range: 3 octaves and 2 notes - D3-G#6
    Christina Aguilera's range: 4 octaves - C3- C7

    Nicole has the same range as Kelly and less of a range than Christina. Then again Kelly's voice itself is far better to that of Nicole's in my opinion.
    We've already gone through this. What's the point in having range when you have poor technique? Have you seen her Lotus promo performances? :/

    If you think Kelly's voice is "far better" because you prefer her tone, it's your opinion, but I prefer Nicole's. Clearly my opinion offends you since you responded to my last post three times...

  19. #19
    JUB Addict
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Carson
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    3,774

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Nicole Scherzinger

    Quote Originally Posted by Inverted View Post
    Yes, I did say that she's a powerhouse vocalist and I don't see how you've contradicted that. Your whole argument is that there are women out there who are better vocalists and dancers, but I don't see how that's relevant. I'm sure there are plenty of people who are better, but that doesn't make Nicole any less of a great singer/dancer, especially compared to other pop singers, which this whole thread is about and the reason I brought up Rihanna and Gaga so I'm not sure why you're talking about people outside the entertainment industry or Broadway performers.

    I never said Rihanna, Gaga and Beyonce have claimed to be dancers; I said that Nicole is a great dancer and brought them up because they're pop singers whose dancing abilities are praised when underrated pop singers like Nicole and Ciara eclipse them easily.
    This thread has been dead for over a month and you had to revive it?!

    Nicole is not a powerhouse vocalist. Anyone with an unbiased ear can hear that she does not have the same vocal force that more powerful singers have. You can argue with me as much as you want, but your videos are proof. Leona Lewis, for example, was immediately compared to Whitney and Mariah, for a reason. Nicole, no. She's not being underrated, especially since PCD was centered around her anyway. If she had such abilities, don't you think hear team would have marketed her as such? I guess her own people, especially Jimmy Iovine who loves Nicole, is trying to sabotage her.

    This is all relevant to the topic because your initial question was: "Why is so underrated?" The fact is that she is not being underrated, if she does not possess the abilities. Unfortunately, being a singer or dancer does make her not great. She's not above average at any particular ability, so why should people continually talk about her for her talents, if she's not gifted or advanced? Even when compared to other pop singers, she's not particularly unique, beyond her looks.

    All of these women, Rihanna, Beyonce, Lady Gaga, etc. can sing and dance to certain degrees. However, no one "praises" them for one particular talent. If there is praise, it's usually biased for one reason or another. Beyonce receives the most praise because, well, she is Beyonce. Even then, it's not that her dancing, in and of itself, is particularly amazing. It's the OVERALL performance with her. It's the combination of factors with her. The same goes for Lady Gaga. Don't worry though, none of them are going down as top dancers.

    Ciara gets praise for her dancing. She was always compared to Janet. When she first became well-known and she, along with Chris Brown, were constantly placed alongside each other. She was a backup dancer for Usher! Ciara just does not receive praise for her music, for the past couple of albums, if anything. No one is underrating her as a dancer. The reason Nicole does not receive that kind of praise is she does not possess the same abilities as Ciara. Nicole has never demonstrated has never done difficult, high impact, fast paced, or extremely technical choreography in her shows.

  20. #20
    Already Gone BreakTheIce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,517

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Nicole Scherzinger

    Quote Originally Posted by Inverted View Post
    I highly doubt that and apparently not... both Your Body and Lotus flopped in every market in the world. And stop acting as if the US is the only country with a relevant music chart.
    Nicole's last 2 tracks weren't even released in the US (possibly dropped by label over there). But, here you go

    Right There - #39 Peak
    Your Body - #34 Peak

    Nicole's album - been working on it since 2005, delayed for eternity in the US and eventually canceled there, released in 2011 in the UK. Sold 19k in the UK
    Christina's album - released in the US to 70k opening and opened in the UK with 9k.

    lol.

  21. #21

    Re: Nicole Scherzinger

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelFromAbove View Post
    This thread has been dead for over a month and you had to revive it?!

    Nicole is not a powerhouse vocalist. Anyone with an unbiased ear can hear that she does not have the same vocal force that more powerful singers have. You can argue with me as much as you want, but your videos are proof. Leona Lewis, for example, was immediately compared to Whitney and Mariah, for a reason. Nicole, no. She's not being underrated, especially since PCD was centered around her anyway. If she had such abilities, don't you think hear team would have marketed her as such? I guess her own people, especially Jimmy Iovine who loves Nicole, is trying to sabotage her.

    This is all relevant to the topic because your initial question was: "Why is so underrated?" The fact is that she is not being underrated, if she does not possess the abilities. Unfortunately, being a singer or dancer does make her not great. She's not above average at any particular ability, so why should people continually talk about her for her talents, if she's not gifted or advanced? Even when compared to other pop singers, she's not particularly unique, beyond her looks.

    All of these women, Rihanna, Beyonce, Lady Gaga, etc. can sing and dance to certain degrees. However, no one "praises" them for one particular talent. If there is praise, it's usually biased for one reason or another. Beyonce receives the most praise because, well, she is Beyonce. Even then, it's not that her dancing, in and of itself, is particularly amazing. It's the OVERALL performance with her. It's the combination of factors with her. The same goes for Lady Gaga. Don't worry though, none of them are going down as top dancers.

    Ciara gets praise for her dancing. She was always compared to Janet. When she first became well-known and she, along with Chris Brown, were constantly placed alongside each other. She was a backup dancer for Usher! Ciara just does not receive praise for her music, for the past couple of albums, if anything. No one is underrating her as a dancer. The reason Nicole does not receive that kind of praise is she does not possess the same abilities as Ciara. Nicole has never demonstrated has never done difficult, high impact, fast paced, or extremely technical choreography in her shows.
    I responded to this thread because I just signed back on. What's with the "?!"? There's no rule against bumping threads on JUB.

    You keep repeating that, but can't really argue your point well. You say that there are better singers, but I never said there aren't. There being better singers doesn't make Nicole any less of a good singer like I've already said. Your Leona argument is weak too. Leona is known for singing power ballads like Bleeding Love so why wouldn't she be compared Whitney and Mariah? Nicole, on the other hand, is known for singing sex-themed songs like Don't Cha and Buttons in skimpy clothes. Of course the average person is not going to think highly of her vocal abilities and be aware that she can sing well. Why do you think that 95% of the comments under the Phantom video are from people expressing shock over her singing abilities and even wondering why she went the pop singing route? And they're not biased Nicole fans because Nicole fans already know she can sing well and aren't surprised by the video. And of course PCD was centered around her. She was hired to be the singer when Robin Antin wanted to turn the burlesque act into a pop group. Speaking of PCD, most people claimed that Melody Thornton was the best singer in PCD in their heyday when that's definitely not true (watch Melody try to perform their songs on her own) so that's another example of how general perception and truth aren't always in sync with each other. As for your last point about Interscope not marketing her as powerhouse singer, why would they? Where is Leona Lewis now? Even Nicole is doing better than her in the UK.

    Yes, you've said that before and you still can't back it up. You claim that that "compared to other pop singers, she's not particularly unique," but I've mentioned practically every major pop star like Rihanna in my previous posts and you can't argue that Nicole isn't more talented. Instead you brought up people outside of the entertainment world, Broadway performers and professional dancers to undermine her abilities. You know very well that Nicole is a better singer and a better dancer than the vast majority of pop stars (and can perform well in both areas). As for unique, we've already gone through this. People like Rihanna cannot pull of a Leona Lewis song/performance and vice-versa, but Nicole can pull off both.

    "Well, she is Beyonce"? Lol, so much for talking about bias. I'm not impressed by her "overall performance" and many people do consider her a great dancer when she's not. And there's nothing impressive about her performing abilities. The best thing about that the Run the World BMAs performance was the visuals copied from another artist, not the vocals and definitely not the dancing.

    I'm aware Ciara gets praised, but it's limited. Also, I've never said that Nicole is a better dancer than her, but she's definitely one of the best. The only active pop stars nowadays better than her are Ciara and Jennifer Lopez. As for Nicole not getting praise for her dancing, this is just her singing; most people aren't even aware she's a good dancer. Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake at their peaks received a lot more praise for their dancing then Jennifer Lopez. Are you going to argue that either of them are better dancers than her? Don't.

    Quote Originally Posted by BreakTheIce View Post
    Nicole's last 2 tracks weren't even released in the US (possibly dropped by label over there). But, here you go

    Right There - #39 Peak
    Your Body - #34 Peak

    Nicole's album - been working on it since 2005, delayed for eternity in the US and eventually canceled there, released in 2011 in the UK. Sold 19k in the UK
    Christina's album - released in the US to 70k opening and opened in the UK with 9k.

    lol.
    Fact check:

    a) Nicole's last two singles were Wet and Try With Me. Wet was released as the UK/Australia single when Don't Hold Your Breath was released in the US. Try With Me is just a UK single for their re-release of the album.

    b) Are you seriously bragging about Your Body peaking 5 spots above Right There lol? The former peaked at its debut and free fell off the charts while the latter charted for over 3 months. Right There has gone gold. Your Body is not going to.

    c) Nicole started working on her album Killer Love in 2010 and it was released in 2011. That album that she was working in 2005-07 was scrapped, but the work was released. It was called Doll Domination.

    d) Not sure how you're adding US sales into this since the UK is a much smaller territory, but Killer Love sold +19K in its first week out in the UK. Lotus sold 10K less copies. Killer Love went onto sell over 300K in the UK. Do you really think Lotus is going catch up there?

    If you're going to use Wikipedia to troll Nicole, you might want to spend more time reading instead of eagerly responding. At least you didn't respond 3x to that post like last time. lol.

  22. #22
    JUB Addict
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Carson
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    3,774

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Nicole Scherzinger

    Quote Originally Posted by Inverted View Post
    You keep repeating that, but can't really argue your point well. You say that there are better singers, but I never said there aren't. There being better singers doesn't make Nicole any less of a good singer like I've already said.
    Good. Yes, if good means decent. However, why should her being a good singer warrant more attention than other pop stars? Your first statement was:

    Quote Originally Posted by Inverted View Post
    She's a much better singer and dancer than most pop stars out there (and better-looking too).
    Besides the singing and dancing, there are other talents, skills, or performance traits that other pop artists possess beyond singing and dancing. Even if you want to stick to just singing and dancing, to make a claim that she is better than most pop stars is a huge stretch.


    Quote Originally Posted by Inverted View Post
    Your Leona argument is weak too. Leona is known for singing power ballads like Bleeding Love so why wouldn't she be compared Whitney and Mariah? Nicole, on the other hand, is known for singing sex-themed songs like Don't Cha and Buttons in skimpy clothes. Of course the average person is not going to think highly of her vocal abilities and be aware that she can sing well. Why do you think that 95% of the comments under the Phantom video are from people expressing shock over her singing abilities and even wondering why she went the pop singing route? And they're not biased Nicole fans because Nicole fans already know she can sing well and aren't surprised by the video. And of course PCD was centered around her. She was hired to be the singer when Robin Antin wanted to turn the burlesque act into a pop group. Speaking of PCD, most people claimed that Melody Thornton was the best singer in PCD in their heyday when that's definitely not true (watch Melody try to perform their songs on her own) so that's another example of how general perception and truth aren't always in sync with each other. As for your last point about Interscope not marketing her as powerhouse singer, why would they? Where is Leona Lewis now? Even Nicole is doing better than her in the UK.
    Musical style is completely separate from vocal abilities. It does not matter what kind of song she sings, she does not have the ability to crescendo to the same degree that someone like Leona Lewis does. Which is why Nicole was never marketed that way. It's not about musical style, it's about her natural voice. Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, Celine Dion, etc. all did Pop music during their time, but no one denied their vocal abilities, regardless of what style of song they sang. That is why they receive the praise and that is why Leona is compared to them, her voice.

    As for Nicole's voice, she's never displayed the same abilities. I mean, if you want to use Stickwitchu as a reference of Nicole's abilities, go ahead. Theme aside, it's a ballad. Nicole does display more skill, if that is what you mean, in the previous videos, but her voice has not changed. As for the term power ballad, it is actually not about a person's vocal abilities. That is your misunderstanding, by the way.

    Quote Originally Posted by Inverted View Post
    There's no denying her strong range and power so let's not even get into that. Of course she's not the only pop singer with power, but most other powerhouses don't have control like Nicole does (see Christina Aguilera).
    Yeah, I remember this statement, which was why I first entered the thread. I have yet to hear that powerful voice that you mentioned. As for Melody, she did have a more powerful voice than anyone in the group. However, Nicole was the lead singer, thanks to politics. In addition, thank you for answering my statement about Interscope's not marketing Nicole as a powerhouse vocalist. You're right, why would they? Because she is not, which means her voice, in that aspect, is not anything special. Along the same lines for marketing, Nicole has been on a two reality shows, one as a contestant and one as a judge, which is why she's more relevant than Leona. On the other hand, she had to resort to reality shows, which says what about her career? The problem is, you're not talking to some average person.

    Quote Originally Posted by Inverted View Post
    Yes, you've said that before and you still can't back it up. You claim that that "compared to other pop singers, she's not particularly unique," but I've mentioned practically every major pop star like Rihanna in my previous posts and you can't argue that Nicole isn't more talented. Instead you brought up people outside of the entertainment world, Broadway performers and professional dancers to undermine her abilities. You know very well that Nicole is a better singer and a better dancer than the vast majority of pop stars (and can perform well in both areas). As for unique, we've already gone through this. People like Rihanna cannot pull of a Leona Lewis song/performance and vice-versa, but Nicole can pull off both.
    Again, even if you want to stick to entertainment, Nicole does not stand out with any of her abilities. We get it, you love NICOLE! Shall we include Pop Stars, past or present? Should we include Florence, Ellie Golding, Justin Beiber, Usher, Justin Timberlake, Chris Brown, Ne-Yo, Miguel, etc.? Does she write her own songs? No. Does she create her own choreography? No. Does she come up with her own style choices? Probably not. Nicole may be able to sing a Leona Lewis song, as far as the key is concerned, but that's it. Nicole singing a Leona Lewis song is like Keri Hilson singing a Whitney Houston song. She can only do so much. Don't overstate her voice! She does not have it, which is why she is not marketed that way, which is why the general public will never take notice of her singing abilities, because she does not have that kind of voice. Your videos are proof!


    Quote Originally Posted by Inverted View Post
    "Well, she is Beyonce"? Lol, so much for talking about bias. I'm not impressed by her "overall performance" and many people do consider her a great dancer when she's not. And there's nothing impressive about her performing abilities. The best thing about that the Run the World BMAs performance was the visuals copied from another artist, not the vocals and definitely not the dancing.
    Nope, what I meant by that is that she is so famous, people will overstate her abilities. As for Beyonce's ability to perform, she has proven consistently that she can perform live, which includes singing and dancing, but is not limited to either. It's okay that you do not like Beyonce, but she has performed consistently over a decade as a part of a group and nearly a decade as a solo artist. Again, overall is the key word and there is more to performing than singing/dancing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Inverted View Post
    I'm aware Ciara gets praised, but it's limited. Also, I've never said that Nicole is a better dancer than her, but she's definitely one of the best. The only active pop stars nowadays better than her are Ciara and Jennifer Lopez. As for Nicole not getting praise for her dancing, this is just her singing; most people aren't even aware she's a good dancer. Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake at their peaks received a lot more praise for their dancing then Jennifer Lopez. Are you going to argue that either of them are better dancers than her? Don't.
    Nicole is not one of the best and you are really delusional. She is not Janet Jackson, Paula Abdul, Jennifer Lopez, Ciara or even Britney Spears (should I include males?). Yes, Britney was never amazingly talented at dancing, but she was great in her prime, even on her Toxic tour. Most people, who are aware of Nicole, are aware that Nicole is a good dancer. Again, she's not amazing. Justin Timberlake was a great dancer in his solo days and even Usher gave him a nod.

  23. #23
    Already Gone BreakTheIce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,517

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Nicole Scherzinger

    Quote Originally Posted by Inverted View Post
    ....
    Here's what we're going to do. We're going to compare Nicole to Christina when she actually makes a valuable contribution to pop music.

    You're comparing Nicole's first, second releases to Christina's work which is being released when she's well over a decade into her career. Oh and Christina's singles still chart better in the US (where Nicole started too but can't stay relevant or have a solo hit despite performing on X Factor US last year ). You can do comparisons if Nicole even lasts a decade into her career, which she probably wont.

    Now go compare her first, second releases to Christina's first and second and you'll see my point "'Nicole is under-rated' is overrated"

    Must be so sad being Nicole not knowing what a #1 single or album in your home country feels, and also not knowing how a Grammy feels. And also not knowing how being relevant feels. And also not knowing what successful touring around the world feels like.

    So yes if you're actually going to compare Nicole to Christina and say she is better, you are fucking stupid. You can always say "I like her more" which is your opinion. But it's an insult to Christina to be put in the same boat as Nicole. But she is not better in any way.

    And for the record, I am not a major Christina fan. In fact I hate her Lotus era probably more than anyone here on JUB. But I'm giving credit where credit is due.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.