JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 51 to 94 of 94
  1. #51
    Banned chance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    21,386

    Code of Conduct

    Re: First Thoughts: Unemployment rate dips below 8 percent

    We've gotten to the point in politics where nothing is regarded as the defacto truth anymore

    Mitt Romney kicked Obama's rear for 90 minutes earlier this week in an unedited, unbiased, REAL interaction between the 2 men

    Cool that you don't care ....... but not cool that you didn't recognize it and validate it

    Unemployment at 7.8% = .3% drop - YEAH ........ good news right?

    sorta

    did you know that we need 150k jobs just to keep up with population growth?

    did you know that average rate of job growth in 2012 < that in 2011 ? how is that a slow steady growth as some have said here?

    job growth is not good YET ........... somehow the UE rate goes down ? sounds like voodoo economics

    did you know that the jobs created survey (114k) is taken of companies while the unemployment rate (7.8%) is from a household survey?

    the two #s have no real connection .......... I'm not saying they're not important - both are .......

    then there's unemployment rates that are much higher - ones that include people who can only fine PT work (14.7%) and then there's the one that includes the underemployed and those who have stopped looking (22.5%).

    #s are so fungible - so analyzable - so partisanable - it's like they don't matter

    behind the 7.8% drop is that more PT jobs were added - better than a kick in the head but great news?

    i was recently out of work - i'm sure others here on this board are now - I happen to know a few - perhaps you have a family member, partner .......... we all know people who are out some for a long time

    this is the "eye test" and we all know it

    things are not good

    I paid $4.44 for a gallon of 91 octane gas today

    so is it "good news" the UE rate dropped? yeah

    using it as "things are working - obama's doing a good job" - NO

    so republicans should NOT use this news as a "you're a liar" moment - NO WAY

    but dems should not dive on the sword here

    things are not good

  2. #52
    JUB Addict T-Rexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    4,897

    Code of Conduct

    Re: First Thoughts: Unemployment rate dips below 8 percent

    ^ So, your idea is that unemployment is correcting too slowly, so we should return to the economic policies that caused it in the first place. You would prefer policies of proven failure to policies that are known to succeed because the success is too slow for you.

    You believe that FDR should have gone back to Hoover's plan in 1936, and the depression would have ended sooner.

    Driving off the cliff was actually a great idea. We just haven't done it often enough to appreciate its virtues.

  3. #53
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: First Thoughts: Unemployment rate dips below 8 percent

    Quote Originally Posted by chance1 View Post
    Mitt Romney kicked Obama's rear for 90 minutes earlier this week in an unedited, unbiased, REAL interaction between the 2 men
    No I'm sorry but Romney didn't do anything of the sort. Romney was too busy trying to be the used car salesman trying to sell a message with no real substance. Obama didn't do well, but I think he is irritated by Mitt Romney's REFUSAL to bring up specifics. I've asked for specifics of the economic reforms that Romney wants... and... no response.

    Unemployment at 7.8% = .3% drop - YEAH ........ good news right?

    sorta
    Sorta? No, actually if you look at the entire report it's good news in several regards.

    did you know that we need 150k jobs just to keep up with population growth?
    Population growth? Not exactly. That's not true. If you think newborns are immediately going into the workplace market you're mistaken. And population growth actually has been waning. I already brought up the figure that 860,000 found jobs.

    did you know that the jobs created survey (114k) is taken of companies while the unemployment rate (7.8%) is from a household survey?
    The household survey is actually accurate and there are other indicators that line up with projections (as with the two charts that were posted by FuryOfFireStorm on post 40).

    then there's unemployment rates that are much higher - ones that include people who can only fine PT work (14.7%) and then there's the one that includes the underemployed and those who have stopped looking (22.5%).
    This is political spin. There have always been people on part time work even during times of economic boom and the unemployment rate has always been hire. But that's still not unemployment. Spinning numbers.

    things are not good

    I paid $4.44 for a gallon of 91 octane gas today
    I paid $4.61. My suspicion is gas companies are gouging up prices based on false pretenses. It's just too obvious. A refinery problem... uh huh... right before the election. Gas and oil companies that donate heavily to the Romney campaign.

    Things are pretty good and improving steadily. There is no reason to reverse and go back to the old policies of Romney... because the policies of Romney are the policies of Bush. This is something that Obama should have brought up in the debate and I believe he will in the next debate.

  4. #54
    Slut Tengilethos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    260

    Code of Conduct

    Re: First Thoughts: Unemployment rate dips below 8 percent

    The numbers don't add up completely, because they come from two different sources, the household survey and the establishment survey, who are also not really reliable. Which you can see by the fact that the numbers for the last two months have been corrected upwards. Single surveys mean as much as single polls, so this could be a good sign or an outlier. But everybody has access to the two surveys, it is absurd to think they would be faked. These are civil servants whose job is in jeopardy should they lie. The same with the polls, they make their money with accurate polling, they would be insane to skew the polls in any direction.

    Overall I am constantly amazed how little trust Americans have in their government; not only it's ability to get something done, but also the basic informations it provides are doubted. How can you live this way? This also extends to public figures of authority, like pollsters or scientists.

  5. #55
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: First Thoughts: Unemployment rate dips below 8 percent

    Well when there are several sources corroborating the 7.8% number it can be trusted. What irritates me is the republicans are complaining about it... it could be better if they didn't hold up several pro-job bills that could have created two million jobs.

  6. #56
    Slut Tengilethos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    260

    Code of Conduct

    Re: First Thoughts: Unemployment rate dips below 8 percent

    Quote Originally Posted by chance1 View Post
    We've gotten to the point in politics where nothing is regarded as the defacto truth anymore

    Mitt Romney kicked Obama's rear for 90 minutes earlier this week in an unedited, unbiased, REAL interaction between the 2 men

    Cool that you don't care ....... but not cool that you didn't recognize it and validate it
    You should have read some of the really left-wing websites, it was THE SKY IS FALLING!!!-Mode for at least a day after the debate.

    Unemployment at 7.8% = .3% drop - YEAH ........ good news right?

    sorta

    did you know that we need 150k jobs just to keep up with population growth?

    did you know that average rate of job growth in 2012 < that in 2011 ? how is that a slow steady growth as some have said here?

    job growth is not good YET ........... somehow the UE rate goes down ? sounds like voodoo economics

    did you know that the jobs created survey (114k) is taken of companies while the unemployment rate (7.8%) is from a household survey?

    the two #s have no real connection .......... I'm not saying they're not important - both are .......
    See my last post. These numbers don't really add up, but this is because of the survey method, not because some partisan hacks cooked the numbers. And this is how the BLS has measured unemployment for quite some time, so they did not change their (maybe flawed) methodology to help the President. And their numbers where reliable enough for Republicans to attack Obama when they showed unemployment over 8%.

    then there's unemployment rates that are much higher - ones that include people who can only fine PT work (14.7%) and then there's the one that includes the underemployed and those who have stopped looking (22.5%).

    #s are so fungible - so analyzable - so partisanable - it's like they don't matter

    behind the 7.8% drop is that more PT jobs were added - better than a kick in the head but great news?

    i was recently out of work - i'm sure others here on this board are now - I happen to know a few - perhaps you have a family member, partner .......... we all know people who are out some for a long time

    this is the "eye test" and we all know it

    things are not good
    I always wonder how realistic a quick return to low unemployment is. The unemployment rate was about 4.5-5% for the last years of the Bush presidency before the crash. But the economy was driven by a debt-fueled housing bubble, so a good number of these jobs must be based on unsustainable parts of the economy, right? So why should the unemployment rate return to these levels any time soon without another bubble?

    And secondly, connected to the housing bubble, if I understand correctly then taxes on these houses make up a significant portion of local budgets. Which is one of the reasons public sector employment has fallen dramatically. Look here (older chart):



    Blue are private sector jobs, red public sector. The big spike was the 2010 census.
    Source: http://www.businessinsider.com/the-c...loyment-2012-6

    Population growth means that having the same number of private sector jobs as before the recession is still a net loss of jobs per person, but the situation is clearly improving. But the public sector has lost so many jobs because of government cutbacks, how can anybody hope that unemployment falls anytime soon as long as the United States faces huge debts? And the Republican remedy of austerity might be the right thing in the long run, but cuts to social spending will inevitably lead to even more lost jobs.

    Perhaps the natural unemployment rate was artificially low during the boom period because of various debt bubbles, and the new natural unemployment rate will be between 6 and 7%? I rarely see this addressed, each side always claims that their policies will mean a return to pre-crisis prosperity, but that always strikes me as unlikely.

    I paid $4.44 for a gallon of 91 octane gas today
    Note that the United States has not been the most important driver of oil and gas prices for quite some time, no matter how much drilling you do, it will inevitably be guzzled up in large quantities by other economies like China or India, higher price levels are a reality we all have to accept.

    so is it "good news" the UE rate dropped? yeah

    using it as "things are working - obama's doing a good job" - NO

    so republicans should NOT use this news as a "you're a liar" moment - NO WAY

    but dems should not dive on the sword here

    things are not good
    That is right. The situation might be improving or not, but things could be better. It is no clear vindication of Obama's presidency.

  7. #57

    Re: First Thoughts: Unemployment rate dips below 8 percent

    Quote Originally Posted by Tengilethos View Post
    The numbers don't add up completely, because they come from two different sources, the household survey and the establishment survey, who are also not really reliable. Which you can see by the fact that the numbers for the last two months have been corrected upwards. Single surveys mean as much as single polls, so this could be a good sign or an outlier. But everybody has access to the two surveys, it is absurd to think they would be faked. These are civil servants whose job is in jeopardy should they lie. The same with the polls, they make their money with accurate polling, they would be insane to skew the polls in any direction.

    Overall I am constantly amazed how little trust Americans have in their government; not only it's ability to get something done, but also the basic informations it provides are doubted. How can you live this way? This also extends to public figures of authority, like pollsters or scientists.
    Republicans are incapable of believing in anything that doesn't start with "In the beginning. . . ."
    It's amazing that they fear some twisted notion of what socialism is in America, but they can't wait to get to that big socialist community in the sky.

  8. #58
    of the 99%
    Just_Believe18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    9,213

    Code of Conduct

    Re: First Thoughts: Unemployment rate dips below 8 percent

    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    The figures are created by underlings of the President, exercising executive functions vested in the President. He can, if he wishes, brush them aside and create the figures himself. Here is his appointee--who will be out of work in Jan--lying about some of the figures.http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...ers-Questioned
    FALSE.

    http://news.yahoo.com/officials-reje...--finance.html
    The staffers who compute the U.S. unemployment rate work in an agency of the Labor Department. Officials who have overseen the work say it's prepared under tight security with no White House input or supervision.
    "To think that these numbers could be manipulated. ... It's impossible to do it and get away with it," said Keith Hall, a former commissioner of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the agency that calculates the unemployment rate.

    [Text: Removed by Moderator]
    Last edited by opinterph; October 6th, 2012 at 07:41 PM. Reason: removed interpersonal commentary
    #439th oldest member on JUB.

  9. #59
    JUB Addict spooger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,852

    Code of Conduct

    Re: First Thoughts: Unemployment rate dips below 8 percent

    Quote Originally Posted by White Eagle View Post
    Good news for Obama. Will it help his debate loss? I hope so.
    it is good news for all of america, but i don't think it will help obama greatly ...

    there are so many other objections to his politics and policies that it won't be the icing on the election ... now if some way the figures were to drop significantly lower before election time, maybe .... ??? but not likely

  10. #60
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: First Thoughts: Unemployment rate dips below 8 percent

    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Believe18 View Post
    FALSE.

    http://news.yahoo.com/officials-reje...--finance.html



    [Text: Removed by Moderator]
    Yes, if these guys were to manipulate numbers they could lose their jobs and never be able to get another job. That division is under a non-partisan situation. The statistics are absolutely correct.

    Spooger:

    there are so many other objections to his politics and policies that it won't be the icing on the election ... now if some way the figures were to drop significantly lower before election time, maybe .... ??? but not likely
    I think people may have more objections to Romney and his Bush 2.0 policies then they do with Obama. That's why I think Obama will win. It won't be a landslide, but it'll be a win.
    Last edited by opinterph; October 6th, 2012 at 07:42 PM. Reason: removed verbiage quoted from another poster

  11. #61
    veni, vidi, reliqui
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    33,645

    Code of Conduct

    Re: First Thoughts: Unemployment rate dips below 8 percent

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Rexx View Post
    ^ So, your idea is that unemployment is correcting too slowly, so we should return to the economic policies that caused it in the first place. You would prefer policies of proven failure to policies that are known to succeed because the success is too slow for you.

    You believe that FDR should have gone back to Hoover's plan in 1936, and the depression would have ended sooner.

    Driving off the cliff was actually a great idea. We just haven't done it often enough to appreciate its virtues.

    Quoted for truth.

    Why any sane person would put their faith in Romney and the GOP to steer the economy back to some semblance of health and not see that for Romney Co., this just represents the last good chance to scorch the earth in shifting as much of America's wealth to the smallest number of people....is utterly and totally beyond me.

    The funniest thing around the world is to hear Americans use the price of gas in the tank as the indicator as to whether their president is doing a good job. It illustrates a depth and breadth of ignorance about how the global petro-chemical industry works and how the market is manipulated and massaged every hour of every day. The idea that Obama sets the price for regular at your pumps first thing each morning is ridiculous, but millions of Americans seem to be led to think that this is so and that all you have to do is keep drilling or piping.

    News alert. It is all about refining capacity in North America. And the oil companies use every opportunity to manipulate the price of fuel based on production capacity. Republicans have to stop whining about the price of gas. It is just untrammelled private enterprise at work.

  12. #62
    Banned chance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    21,386

    Code of Conduct

    Re: First Thoughts: Unemployment rate dips below 8 percent

    8% is a "symbol" or a "hammer" for the repubs to use

    it's all about perceptions - and they're talking about it right now on MTP
    Chuck Todd - Newt Gingrich - Robert Gibbs - Mike Murphy
    really good convo

    do indies (the only people who matter now) want to "change the course" ?

    Gibbs has admitted (kudos to him) - "it's not where we want the economy to be" - but it's progress - 31 consec. mos. of private sector job growth

    Gingrich mentioned that the IMF said recovery won't be until 2018 ........ yikes

    Todd said out in the swing states he met an older woman who said "things are not good ........ but do I really want to start over?"

    Mike Murphy mentioned Biden's admission that the middle class has been "buried" the past 4 years - true enough and perhaps the real story

    great roundtable and gregory is doing a good job of being balanced

  13. #63
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: First Thoughts: Unemployment rate dips below 8 percent

    Perceptions? These figures are verified and accurate. I don't see what's wrong with the figure. And yes, the economy could be generating jobs faster, but Mitt Romney's plan would reverse that and send this country right into recession. Gingrich doesn't know what he's talking about.

    Mike Murphy mentioned Biden's admission that the middle class has been "buried" the past 4 years - true enough and perhaps the real story
    Quote taken out of context. The comment about the middle class being buried had to do with the policies of the prior 8 years under the prior administration. And the inevitable recession that followed which Obama had nothing to do with starting. That's a nice try really.

  14. #64
    aagold76
    Guest

    Re: First Thoughts: Unemployment rate dips below 8 percent

    if Obama did cook the numbers- which I doubt, how would that be worse than issuing a terror alert the week before the 2002, 2004 and 2006 elections????

  15. #65
    Ijubbinatti BostonPirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    14,474
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: First Thoughts: Unemployment rate dips below 8 percent

    Obama Didn't cook the numbers.

    Every president enjoys an up tick in unemployment numbers this time of year due to holiday hiring.

    This is the real deal.

    Will it matter? Gallup is reporting a poll that has Obama 50 Romney 45. The importance of this one is that it was done from Oct 1-7. The poll that puts Romney ahead was done Oct 1 -4. The Unemployment numbers have already cut the Romney bounce short.

    So it matters, it's real, and it's a big problem for Ryan to face with Biden, and trust me, Biden will not give Ryan a free ride on Thursday.

    The GOP is in cafeteria style reality again.
    http://www.justusboys.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic345672_2.gif

    We're gonna sit down and have ourselves a drink! And after we're done - after *I'm* done, you can run upstairs and take whichever one of them little pills makes you feel the best~Dolores Claiborne

  16. #66

    Re: First Thoughts: Unemployment rate dips below 8 percent

    It is not a question of whether Obama cooked the numbers, but whether his supporters and donors at SLB did. The circumstantial evidence is that they did.

  17. #67
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: First Thoughts: Unemployment rate dips below 8 percent

    Where is the evidence that they did? Again, these numbers aren't cooked. There is not even circumstantial evidence. Sorry.

  18. #68
    aagold76
    Guest

    Re: First Thoughts: Unemployment rate dips below 8 percent

    there is a law that makes it a felony for the group that released the info to corrupt/change them in any way- Bill Maher talked about it last week.

  19. #69
    Ijubbinatti BostonPirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    14,474
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: First Thoughts: Unemployment rate dips below 8 percent

    This ought to be a discussion about whether the rates are going to affect the polls positively, and whether they are going to affect the national economy positively.

    To question and participate in the discussion of their validity is a Romney campaign event, not factual. A decent debate ought to exclude that kind of bottom feeding.

    Romney's people on this board want desperately to deny and lie, but it won't pass the muster.
    http://www.justusboys.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic345672_2.gif

    We're gonna sit down and have ourselves a drink! And after we're done - after *I'm* done, you can run upstairs and take whichever one of them little pills makes you feel the best~Dolores Claiborne

  20. #70
    JUB Addict Sausy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    21,103
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: First Thoughts: Unemployment rate dips below 8 percent

    Quote Originally Posted by chance1 View Post
    I guess it's good news

    Not sure how 114k added jobs reduces the UE rate by .3%

    And they've restated prior month figures

    I admit to not being all that on these numbers

    Not sure how many people have left the hunt for a job

    After a few months of not so good news this appears to be a positive
    Basically it was using the rosiest colored glasses possible. A lot of seasonal adjustment and assumptions. Not cooked deliberately by the Obama administration but as timely good news it was a godsend after the self inflicted Obama debate disaster. Let's see what all the economic indicators say over the next month.... then we will have a clear idea going into the election if there's a something good ver the herizon or more lonely ocean as far as the eye can see.
    unofficial official mini meet Friday- Saturday April 11-12, 2014

  21. #71
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: First Thoughts: Unemployment rate dips below 8 percent

    Quote Originally Posted by Sausy View Post
    Basically it was using the rosiest colored glasses possible. A lot of seasonal adjustment and assumptions. Not cooked deliberately by the Obama administration but as timely good news it was a godsend after the self inflicted Obama debate disaster. Let's see what all the economic indicators say over the next month.... then we will have a clear idea going into the election if there's a something good ver the herizon or more lonely ocean as far as the eye can see.
    Again where is the proof that it was with the "rosiest colored glasses possible"? Even a former Bush administration official said the figures are truthful and accurate. And there are several other sources, including Gallup, which corroborates the numbers. It's illegal for the BLS to manipulate figures and they are prohibited from having any input from the White House. There weren't assumptions at all. These are actual numbers.


  22. #72
    Ijubbinatti BostonPirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    14,474
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: First Thoughts: Unemployment rate dips below 8 percent

    There is none, Giancarlo.

    It would have been presented by now if it existed
    http://www.justusboys.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic345672_2.gif

    We're gonna sit down and have ourselves a drink! And after we're done - after *I'm* done, you can run upstairs and take whichever one of them little pills makes you feel the best~Dolores Claiborne

  23. #73

    Re: First Thoughts: Unemployment rate dips below 8 percent

    ^^

    You two are totally ignoring the people who have given up looking for work. The charts you posted do not present that fact.

    We are in a very different situation regarding the unemployed. People have given up -- they get no unemployment, if they own a house or have savings -- they get no other government assistance unless they lie.

    But thank goodness you have your charts.

    .... and Obama has no plan other than taxing rich people.

  24. #74
    Ijubbinatti BostonPirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    14,474
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: First Thoughts: Unemployment rate dips below 8 percent

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    ^^

    You two are totally ignoring the people who have given up looking for work. The charts you posted do not present that fact.

    We are in a very different situation regarding the unemployed. People have given up -- they get no unemployment, if they own a house or have savings -- they get no other government assistance unless they lie.

    But thank goodness you have your charts.

    .... and Obama has no plan other than taxing rich people.
    No I am not. This is my business buddy, and that number dropped with this quarter as well. You are in Republican spin territory, and not in actual fact territory. There is a big difference between a real discussion of facts among friends and just spreading political nonsense.

    You are talking about the U-6 rate, and it is dropping as well.

    U-3 is the standard model that people are discussing. To change the u-6 rate, you have to alter the Work force training level, the part time work level, and the Level of education versus jobs.

    BTW? Romney's number is WAY off.
    http://www.justusboys.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic345672_2.gif

    We're gonna sit down and have ourselves a drink! And after we're done - after *I'm* done, you can run upstairs and take whichever one of them little pills makes you feel the best~Dolores Claiborne

  25. #75
    Porn Star ReadyWithReadyWit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    328

    Code of Conduct

    Re: First Thoughts: Unemployment rate dips below 8 percent

    Ben and Jack... I realize this may seem off-topic... but how old is the Earth?

  26. #76
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: First Thoughts: Unemployment rate dips below 8 percent

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    ^^

    You two are totally ignoring the people who have given up looking for work. The charts you posted do not present that fact.
    Where am I ignoring that? Point out the direct quotation where I ignored it.

    That's right. I'm not ignoring it at all. But look at the report again please, a record number of people came back onto the workforce. So that statement about people leaving the workforce is absolutely erroneous, false and has no basis in reality.

    We are in a very different situation regarding the unemployed. People have given up -- they get no unemployment, if they own a house or have savings -- they get no other government assistance unless they lie.
    Is that why a record number of people have come back into the workforce? Look at the numbers again please.

    .... and Obama has no plan other than taxing rich people.
    Uhhhh huh, and what are the plans of Romney? Asides from "bringing stability"? Romney changes his views like the wind changes direction. As I said before the man has more positions then a porn star.

  27. #77
    Ijubbinatti BostonPirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    14,474
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: First Thoughts: Unemployment rate dips below 8 percent

    Romney has no understanding of economics... well either that or he is counting on his followers to not know the truth.
    http://www.justusboys.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic345672_2.gif

    We're gonna sit down and have ourselves a drink! And after we're done - after *I'm* done, you can run upstairs and take whichever one of them little pills makes you feel the best~Dolores Claiborne

  28. #78
    Banned chance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    21,386

    Code of Conduct

    Re: First Thoughts: Unemployment rate dips below 8 percent

    Quote Originally Posted by BostonPirate View Post
    Romney has no understanding of economics... well either that or he is counting on his followers to not know the truth.
    Last week in front of 67 million viewers, Romney gave Obama an economics LESSON

    he SCHOOLED him

    the Pres. was speechless (imagine that)

    so if Romney has "no understanding of economics" what does that make the President?

    LOL

    btw the Pres. and his team took the day off from calling Mitt a liar today

    instead they did an ad with Big Bird in it ......... and then found out that The Sesame Workshop wants them to take it down

    what a bunch of tools

  29. #79
    Ijubbinatti BostonPirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    14,474
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: First Thoughts: Unemployment rate dips below 8 percent

    Romney lied his way through a debate.

    There was no schooling. Sorry to rain on your little parade there, champ.
    http://www.justusboys.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic345672_2.gif

    We're gonna sit down and have ourselves a drink! And after we're done - after *I'm* done, you can run upstairs and take whichever one of them little pills makes you feel the best~Dolores Claiborne

  30. #80
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: First Thoughts: Unemployment rate dips below 8 percent

    Chance, Romney didn't give anyone a lesson, nor did he school anyone. Where are the specifics I'm practically pleading for? Where are the specifics in Romney's "plan"? Obama came with the facts, but facts are boring... people like the used car salesman schick that Romney had during the entire debate. Obama didn't do well... but he got frustrated with Romney's inability to discuss specifics.

    Yes, Romney has absolutely no understanding of economics. His erroneous statements on college students and the petroleum industry prove it.

    Romney didn't school anyone. He just gave viewers sugarcoated bullshit. I again ask... I BEG... I IMPLORE ANYONE give me SPECIFICS of his "plan". And don't just say "he'll bring stability". This is the man that changes his beliefs more then the wind changes direction.

    And yes he's a liar. What's the harm in saying the truth about him? Romney can't keep his story straight. And his lies will backfire.

  31. #81
    Banned chance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    21,386

    Code of Conduct

    Re: First Thoughts: Unemployment rate dips below 8 percent

    Quote Originally Posted by BostonPirate View Post
    Romney lied his way through a debate.

    There was no schooling. Sorry to rain on your little parade there, champ.
    well the 67% of those polled didn't think so - they agreed with me
    the 20% agreed with you

    i'm dry as a bone - how bout u?

  32. #82
    JUB Addict Sausy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    21,103
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: First Thoughts: Unemployment rate dips below 8 percent

    Obama fucked up. I'm not in love with Romney but he gets NO quarter here. Every nasty thing written by his detractors....I don't really agree with Romney on all the issues and I did rip him here on his absolutely wrongheaded 47% statement. Yet he is considered the vilest of people ,probably sociopathic, ALWAYS lies and it's cartoonish and pathetic. It's going to be interesting when they have the foreign policy oriented debate how small Obama is going to look there... yes,he got bin Laden....then after saying we don't spike the football and gloat, to ramp up his foreign policy bona fides they do the whole bin Laden thing and not only spike the football but moonwalk and do a shimmy on the end zone. There's no dialogue here, little introspection on the left for sure.... no graciousness, no good will towards anyone other than their favored ones. The day after Election Day might be a VERY interesting day around the country and here in particular. Mighty interesting, indeed.
    unofficial official mini meet Friday- Saturday April 11-12, 2014

  33. #83
    Execuvette Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,930

    Code of Conduct

    Re: First Thoughts: Unemployment rate dips below 8 percent

    Yeah, Romney will look mighty big when it comes to foreign politics. All his knowledge and elegance will shine.
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  34. #84
    JUB Addict T-Rexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    4,897

    Code of Conduct

    Re: First Thoughts: Unemployment rate dips below 8 percent

    Back to unemployment.

    I was surprised to discover recently that Obama has created more jobs (on a percentage basis) during his first (almost) four years than GWB did during his first four years. In fact, Obama has created about twice as great a percentage increase in jobs as did GWB during his first term. This is despite Bush's vaunted tax cuts, which were supposed to create so many jobs. The tax cuts didn't. In fact, GWB had the worst jobs performance during his first four years of any president since the Great Depression. And that includes Obama.

    During his second term, Bush suffered a huge net loss of jobs, which more than wiped out the historically tiny performance of his first administration. That means that, despite the Bush tax cuts, GWB suffered the greatest known loss of jobs over the course of his term in office of any president since Herbert Hoover.

    Obama's jobs creation performance has been reasonably good, from a historical perspective. Considering the circumstances he inherited, Obama's jobs creation has been remarkable!

    Now, Romney says he's going to create jobs the same way GWB lost them - with tax cuts.



    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jobs_cr...idential_terms

  35. #85
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: First Thoughts: Unemployment rate dips below 8 percent

    Quote Originally Posted by Sausy View Post
    Obama fucked up. I'm not in love with Romney but he gets NO quarter here. Every nasty thing written by his detractors....I don't really agree with Romney on all the issues and I did rip him here on his absolutely wrongheaded 47% statement.
    Did he now?

    Well the defense of Romney seems to be evident...

    Yet he is considered the vilest of people ,probably sociopathic, ALWAYS lies and it's cartoonish and pathetic.
    It has to do with his serious lack of substance and his inability to hold a position. The guy changes views like the wind changes direction.

    Obama's administration has been decent and has had a steady hand. Romney has NOT demonstrated it. I will NOT take Romney seriously because the fool can't make a statement without contradicting himself a few days later. That kind of uncertainty and bullshit will slide this country right back into recession. And I do not take fondly of those who masquerade in a veil of "non-partisanship" while ripping into the President non-stop. Please stop the fake neutrality.

  36. #86

    Re: First Thoughts: Unemployment rate dips below 8 percent

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Rexx View Post
    Back to unemployment.

    I was surprised to discover recently that Obama has created more jobs (on a percentage basis) during his first (almost) four years than GWB did during his first four years. In fact, Obama has created about twice as great a percentage increase in jobs as did GWB during his first term. This is despite Bush's vaunted tax cuts, which were supposed to create so many jobs. The tax cuts didn't. In fact, GWB had the worst jobs performance during his first four years of any president since the Great Depression. And that includes Obama.

    During his second term, Bush suffered a huge net loss of jobs, which more than wiped out the historically tiny performance of his first administration. That means that, despite the Bush tax cuts, GWB suffered the greatest known loss of jobs over the course of his term in office of any president since Herbert Hoover.

    Obama's jobs creation performance has been reasonably good, from a historical perspective. Considering the circumstances he inherited, Obama's jobs creation has been remarkable!

    Now, Romney says he's going to create jobs the same way GWB lost them - with tax cuts.



    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jobs_cr...idential_terms
    Obama did not create jobs, but during his Administration, some of the jobs lost in the first two years of the Democrat Congress 2007 and 8, came back. Obviously, the reason for the big rise during Obama was made possible by the drop in the prior two years. He was starting from a lower point. Before you give him credit, remember, he brought in a million immigrants a year to take the jobs and gave green cards to 3 million so they could take jobs from Americans. We are not making progress, like a rat on a treadmill.

  37. #87
    Suck my dick, Scalia! FuryOfFirestorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Edgewater, FL
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    2,215
    Blog Entries
    4

    Code of Conduct

    Re: First Thoughts: Unemployment rate dips below 8 percent

    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    Obama did not create jobs, but during his Administration, some of the jobs lost in the first two years of the Democrat Congress 2007 and 8, came back. Obviously, the reason for the big rise during Obama was made possible by the drop in the prior two years. He was starting from a lower point. Before you give him credit, remember, he brought in a million immigrants a year to take the jobs and gave green cards to 3 million so they could take jobs from Americans. We are not making progress, like a rat on a treadmill.
    Looks like Benny is blaming immigrants without any proof...again. Must be a day that ends in "y".

  38. #88
    veni, vidi, reliqui
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    33,645

    Code of Conduct

    Re: First Thoughts: Unemployment rate dips below 8 percent

    ^ It is all so depressingly repetitive isn't it?

    It is interesting that the Obama haters just a fit to explode with the idea that the unemployment rate is decreasing as the American economy struggles, in spite of a disastrous and destructive legislative branch, to recover from the body blows it took because of the Bush era fuck ups.

  39. #89
    JUB Addict
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Seattle
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,686
    Blog Entries
    16

    Code of Conduct

    Re: First Thoughts: Unemployment rate dips below 8 percent

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post

    .... and Obama has no plan other than taxing rich people.
    Number 1 Jack, the rich already pay taxes.
    Number 2 Jack, they dont pay enough.

    What is Romneys plan other than cutting taxes for rich people?

    You live in a warped world sir.

    Woe the day your greed is the end of America.


  40. #90

    Re: First Thoughts: Unemployment rate dips below 8 percent

    Romney has no plan to cut taxes for rich people or anyone else. His plan is to lower rates, while eliminating deductions and cutting expenses.

  41. #91

    Re: First Thoughts: Unemployment rate dips below 8 percent

    You're reacting to Obama campaign's selective interpretation of the Romney plan.

    You attacked me and Romney and still did not list any of the proposals of an Obama plan.

    Can you tell me some of Obama's ideas to increase employment?

    Give me a reason to vote for Obama.


    Quote Originally Posted by evanrick View Post
    Number 1 Jack, the rich already pay taxes.
    Number 2 Jack, they dont pay enough.

    What is Romneys plan other than cutting taxes for rich people?

    You live in a warped world sir.

    Woe the day your greed is the end of America.

  42. #92
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    104,100
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: First Thoughts: Unemployment rate dips below 8 percent

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    Can you tell me some of Obama's ideas to increase employment?

    Give me a reason to vote for Obama.
    He tried for a bill to help small businesses that would have generated over a million jobs -- Romney's friends killed it.

    He tried for a bill to help veterans, that would have created up to a million jobs -- Romney's friends killed it.

    There have been others, but those are from this year alone!

    I'll add one: Obama proposed legislation to allow foreign students who had certain needed skills and/or who had partnered in starting businesses while here legally to remain here legally, a move that would have generated two or more jobs for each one who stayed -- and Romney's friends killed it. Over five years to could have created two million jobs.

    On just those, Obama favored legislation that would have resulted in the private sector generating four million jobs.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  43. #93
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: First Thoughts: Unemployment rate dips below 8 percent

    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    Obama did not create jobs, but during his Administration, some of the jobs lost in the first two years of the Democrat Congress 2007 and 8, came back. Obviously, the reason for the big rise during Obama was made possible by the drop in the prior two years. He was starting from a lower point. Before you give him credit, remember, he brought in a million immigrants a year to take the jobs and gave green cards to 3 million so they could take jobs from Americans. We are not making progress, like a rat on a treadmill.
    The economy was falling apart because of the republicans. The recession was in the making for years. This wasn't because of the Democrat congress. Can you post actual proof? Deregulation and financial abuse were going on for years. And you are still trying to spin it to blame it on democrats? What kind of argument is this? Where is the proof? And Obama's deported more immigrants then the last guy.

    More fucking progress then what the republican party is promising... the republican party is suggesting policies that'll send this economy tail spinning into another recession.

  44. #94
    Thankfully Liberal & Gay
    frankfrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Illinois (Agent Provocateur and Refujiunderground you can do it)
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    15,697
    Blog Entries
    5

    Code of Conduct

    Re: First Thoughts: Unemployment rate dips below 8 percent

    Quote Originally Posted by GiancarloC View Post
    the republican party is suggesting policies that'll send this economy tail spinning into another recession to its death.
    Fixed it for you.
    BOSS: I'm sorry, but I'll have to lay you and Jack off.
    SUE: Can you just jack off? I feel like shit today.

    Things that come to those who wait, are often left over from whoever got there first. (source: pharmaceutical spam 2007)

    "I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires" - Susan B. Anthony

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.