JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

remove these banner ads by becoming a JUB Supporter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 51 to 87 of 87
  1. #51
    JUB Addict maxpowr9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    8,839
    Blog Entries
    3

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What the Hell is Wrong with these LOSER Soldiers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lostlover View Post
    Is this your letter? If so, thank you for serving.

    I wish we all had to serve and share the burden. People wouldn't be so eager to get into a war without checking all the facts.
    If you read the letter, it says "posthumously to..."


  2. #52
    JUB 10k Club
    jackoroe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    11,390

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What the Hell is Wrong with these LOSER Soldiers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lostlover View Post
    I know about 9/11. We weren't attacked because of our freedom of speech. (Why wasn't Sweden attacked then if it was really about freedom of speech?) When did Osama or Al Qaeda say they attacked us because we have the ability to speak our minds? 9/11 happened because a group of sub-humans thought we favored Israel and that we wanted to take over Islamic countries. Free speech never factored into their ideology; if it did, other countries could have been targeted.

    Your response of 9/11 is a talking point. I'd hope that after 11 years, you'd know what the incident was really about.

    I'm not sure if the new guy in the office is prejudiced or not as I can't get into his head. I do know that he has loose lips and this kind of behavior I would have sniffed out during the hiring process. Plus, I saw at least two applications that he couldn't have matched if the playing field was even.

    People can choose to serve the country, but they can't choose their ethnicity which makes opposition to racial affirmative action all the more puzzling. Any time someone is given a preference not based on merits, it is affirmative action.

    This is more of the same double talk that I hear from conservatives: socialism (Medicare, Social Security, etc.) is good for me, but not for others and affirmative action is good for some (soldiers) but not for others (racial minorities).

    Yes, Islamofascists absolutely love free speech. Go draw a cartoon of Mohamed, burn a Koran, convert from Islam to Christianity, be gay in any country run by these nut jobs. You're life won't be worth a plug nickel.

    They hate that we get to express ourselves, that we can be gay, that we choose our religion without government interference, that we can freely ridicule their religious zealotry. That's what it's all about.

    Now, here's your assignment. Look up then affirmative action law and please cite for us where it covers veterans.

    We'll be waiting patiently.

  3. #53
    JUB 10k Club
    jackoroe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    11,390

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What the Hell is Wrong with these LOSER Soldiers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lostlover View Post
    Is this your letter? If so, thank you for serving.

    I wish we all had to serve and share the burden. People wouldn't be so eager to get into a war without checking all the facts.

    If it's his letter, he's posting from the Great Beyond. Do you not grasp the concept of "posthumous"?

  4. #54
    JUB Addict Lostlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    United States
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    10,286

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What the Hell is Wrong with these LOSER Soldiers?

    Quote Originally Posted by jackoroe View Post
    If it's his letter, he's posting from the Great Beyond. Do you not grasp the concept of "posthumous"?
    I said I didn't read the actual text of the document.

  5. #55
    JUB Addict maxpowr9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    8,839
    Blog Entries
    3

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What the Hell is Wrong with these LOSER Soldiers?

    I am not sure about the federal level, but for Massachusetts veterans, here is a list of all the benefits they get...

    Massachusetts Veteran Benefits

    Employers do get a tax credit for hiring veterans but it is far from "affirmative action".

  6. #56
    JUB Addict Lostlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    United States
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    10,286

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What the Hell is Wrong with these LOSER Soldiers?

    Quote Originally Posted by jackoroe View Post
    Yes, Islamofascists absolutely love free speech. Go draw a cartoon of Mohamed, burn a Koran, convert from Islam to Christianity, be gay in any country run by these nut jobs. You're life won't be worth a plug nickel.

    They hate that we get to express ourselves, that we can be gay, that we choose our religion without government interference, that we can freely ridicule their religious zealotry. That's what it's all about.

    Now, here's your assignment. Look up then affirmative action law and please cite for us where it covers veterans.

    We'll be waiting patiently.
    No. Their beef isn't with free speech. It all started before the Gulf War in the early 90's. Young men from Afghanistan were returning back to the Middle East with no jobs and money. Saddam was itching for a war with Kuwait since he couldn't repay the loan Kuwait gave Saddam to fight Iran. Osama offered the Saudi King the use of these men that fought off the Soviets. The king rejected this offer and American soldiers came into Saudi Arabia to fend off any possible advances from Saddam. After the arrival of "infidels" in the holy land, Al Qaeda was born. Soon after Saddam's retreat back to Iraq, American soldiers were killed by Al Qaeda in the Khobar Towers bombing and sent packing in Somalia.

    There was nothing there about freedom of speech. Nothing. It's been 11 years since 9/11 and you're still operating on talking points.

    We all know that Affirmative Action is when minorities are given an advantage in school admissions or hiring to "even the playing field." This is no different than giving soldiers preferential treatment during the hiring process. I am not against either. They're both the same thing except conservatives have a problem when blacks and Latinos might benefit from Affirmative Action. It's hypocrisy.

  7. #57
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    101,242
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What the Hell is Wrong with these LOSER Soldiers?

    Quote Originally Posted by jackoroe View Post
    Yes, Islamofascists absolutely love free speech. Go draw a cartoon of Mohamed, burn a Koran, convert from Islam to Christianity, be gay in any country run by these nut jobs. You're life won't be worth a plug nickel.

    They hate that we get to express ourselves, that we can be gay, that we choose our religion without government interference, that we can freely ridicule their religious zealotry. That's what it's all about.

    Now, here's your assignment. Look up then affirmative action law and please cite for us where it covers veterans.

    We'll be waiting patiently.
    Who said they love free speech?
    Tell you what -- find me a quote from bin Laden or a Taliban leader saying they attacked us because of our freedom. I won't wait, of course, because there's no such thing. They hate us because we've parked military forces on what they consider sacred soil, and because of supposedly unlimited support for Israel.

    Resorting to the law is a cheap and deceptive ploy. Any time one class of people is given preference on the basis of something besides merit, it's affirmative action.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  8. #58
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    101,242
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What the Hell is Wrong with these LOSER Soldiers?

    Quote Originally Posted by maxpowr9 View Post
    I am not sure about the federal level, but for Massachusetts veterans, here is a list of all the benefits they get...

    Massachusetts Veteran Benefits

    Employers do get a tax credit for hiring veterans but it is far from "affirmative action".
    Yes, a tax credit isn't affirmative action, it's more of a thank-you. One assumes they're being hired on merit, anyway.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  9. #59
    JUB Addict Lostlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    United States
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    10,286

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What the Hell is Wrong with these LOSER Soldiers?

    Quote Originally Posted by maxpowr9 View Post
    I am not sure about the federal level, but for Massachusetts veterans, here is a list of all the benefits they get...

    Massachusetts Veteran Benefits

    Employers do get a tax credit for hiring veterans but it is far from "affirmative action".
    Employers are being given a reason to hire someone that isn't based on merits. That sounds like affirmative action.

    Ethnic minorities, who disproportionately poorer than whites, don't choose their race. But a soldier chooses to be a soldier.

    I don't have a problem at all with Affirmative Action. I just can't help but to point out splitting hairs. It's no different when Tea Partiers say that their socialism is fine, but socialism for others is wrong.

  10. #60
    JUB Addict Lostlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    United States
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    10,286

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What the Hell is Wrong with these LOSER Soldiers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    Yes, a tax credit isn't affirmative action, it's more of a thank-you. One assumes they're being hired on merit, anyway.
    You don't believe that employers factor in the tax credit when they're looking at a pool of applicants?

    The state of Arizona says flat out that applications that they give preferences to soldiers and Native Americans. I don't have a problem with it all.
    Last edited by opinterph; March 25th, 2012 at 09:22 PM. Reason: late edit requested by OP

  11. #61
    Do you lick pussy?
    Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Houston
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    12,066
    Blog Entries
    11

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What the Hell is Wrong with these LOSER Soldiers?

    Quote Originally Posted by opinterph View Post
    I think the salute is based upon tradition rather than regulation. It is also my understanding that Ronald Reagan was the first president to salute the MOH.

    Must all troops salute Medal of Honor recipients?


    It is customary to salute a Medal of Honor recipient no matter what your rank. It might not be required, but it would sure be a stigma to refuse to give that person the honor, no matter how many stars are on your collar.

  12. #62
    JUB Addict
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Chicago suburbs
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    7,142

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What the Hell is Wrong with these LOSER Soldiers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    Yes, a tax credit isn't affirmative action, it's more of a thank-you. One assumes they're being hired on merit, anyway.
    We had that at a place where I work part-time now. There were tax credits for hiring vets, but instead of making it part of any recruitment questions, etc., it was only a question asked during their on boarding. The company didn't give preference, but if a vet was hired, they wanted to know.

  13. #63
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    101,242
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What the Hell is Wrong with these LOSER Soldiers?

    Quote Originally Posted by JB3 View Post
    We had that at a place where I work part-time now. There were tax credits for hiring vets, but instead of making it part of any recruitment questions, etc., it was only a question asked during their on boarding. The company didn't give preference, but if a vet was hired, they wanted to know.
    That's what I'm assuming. I've never seen it on an application, and I've seen a lot of those recently as I've worked at helping some local kids find work. And that's the way it should be -- hiring someone because he or she was military, but doesn't have the right qualifications, is stupid.

    There's a local farmer here who will hire any non-disabled veteran, but he's in a unique situation: there's almost nobody out there who has the skills he needs, and since he's going to have to train them anyway, he wants to help out veterans and also get people accustomed to discipline.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  14. #64
    JUB 10k Club
    jackoroe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    11,390

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What the Hell is Wrong with these LOSER Soldiers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post

    Resorting to the law is a cheap and deceptive ploy. Any time one class of people is given preference on the basis of something besides merit, it's affirmative action.
    That's an interesting take. I think I'll work that one into my repertoire from time to time!

    In any event, affirmative action gives a benefit based on a factor over which you have no control. Race, ethnicity or sex. You get admitted to school or hired because of the color of your skin, national origin or gender.

    Veteran's preference is predicated on your having done something over which you had a choice. Joining the military and serving your country. Your thinking would also require us to accept the tax benefit to home ownership, charitable contributions and marriage as affirmative action, since people engaging in these activities are given preferential treatment.

  15. #65
    JUB Addict Lostlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    United States
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    10,286

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What the Hell is Wrong with these LOSER Soldiers?

    Quote Originally Posted by jackoroe View Post

    In any event, affirmative action gives a benefit based on a factor over which you have no control. Race, ethnicity or sex. You get admitted to school or hired because of the color of your skin, national origin or gender.
    .
    You can't choose your ethnic background or your parents. Minorities make up a disproportionate amount of the poorer parts of our country.

    At least with being a soldier, you can choose to be a soldier.

    Any time you confer an advantage for someone not based on merit, you are participating in Affirmative Action. You might not like the AA word, but that's exactly what it is for soldiers. Again, this is more of the same from conservatives: AA is good for me, but not for others and socialism is good for me but not for everyone. (BTW, Jackoroe, should the soldiers give up their socialized medicine and join HMOs?)

    Please, tell me, Jackoroe, how being Native American or an ex-soldier, in and of itself, makes you more capable to invest people's money?

    If being of a certain racial background or an ex-soldier doesn't make you more knowledgeable for a specific job, how is giving points to Native Americans different than giving points to ex-soldiers in the hiring process different?

  16. #66
    Virtus in medio stat JUB Admin opinterph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jawja
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    21,046
    Blog Entries
    14

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What the Hell is Wrong with these LOSER Soldiers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lostlover View Post
    If being of a certain racial background or an ex-soldier doesn't make you more knowledgeable for a specific job, how is giving points to Native Americans different than giving points to ex-soldiers in the hiring process different?
    Affirmative Action does not require employers to hire less qualified applicants. Rather, it involves ensuring that employers take steps to offer equal opportunities to all applicants, according to attributes associated with the recruitment pool available in their area. Affirmative Action is only required for employers who have demonstrated evidence of discriminatory hiring practices that are not based upon merit – and is generally only enforced for a limited period of time. More sophisticated employers are often proactive to include fair hiring practices, such as affirmative action, voluntarily.

    Job specifications are generally based upon KSAs (knowledge, skills, and abilities) that are applicable to each respective position within an organization. In some situations, they can also involve specific certification or licensing, as appropriate to the position.

    Most job specifications cannot validate a college degree as a basis for selection – even though many employers list a degree as a general requirement for certain positions. Nonetheless, a degree can be used as a preference in recruitment and hiring, because a degree provides evidence of discipline, research skills, information evaluation and processing, analytical skills, problem-solving skills, etc.

    Similarly, military experience can be used as a preference, because it provides experience demonstrating discipline, reliability, task-assessment, task-completion, working within situations involving group dynamics, team leadership, delegation, time management, decision-making, communication skills, etc.

  17. #67
    PerScientiam AdJustitiam bankside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Middle of Snowwhere.
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married (to a man)
    Posts
    15,944
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What the Hell is Wrong with these LOSER Soldiers?

    Affirmative action is the assumption that a minority individual has faced, personally, a more difficult road in the working world than a non-minority individual.

    This can be shown to be true at the statistical level, but of course it is not guaranteed to be true for any particular individual, which is why so many people judge it to be unfair. And of course most people are minorities in ways not recognised by a legislative standard.

    I'd love to see it replaced with a more accurate standard.
    Americans need to keep their guns so they can protect themselves from gun violence just like Nancy Lanza did. And like Chris Kyle did. And like Gabby Giffords did. And like Tom Clements did. And like Michael Piemonte. And Joseph Wilcox.

  18. #68
    JUB Addict hotatlboi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Atlanta
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    7,772

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What the Hell is Wrong with these LOSER Soldiers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lostlover View Post
    Not only did this loser have a killer's lust for blood
    I don't think you understand that ALL soldiers are supposed to have that to some extent. You can't be a softie when you are getting your body shot up.

    The problem was not that he had a lust for blood, it was that he targeted that at innocents rather than enemy combatants.

  19. #69
    JUB Addict Lostlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    United States
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    10,286

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What the Hell is Wrong with these LOSER Soldiers?

    Quote Originally Posted by opinterph View Post
    Affirmative Action does not require employers to hire less qualified applicants. Rather, it involves ensuring that employers take steps to offer equal opportunities to all applicants, according to attributes associated with the recruitment pool available in their area. Affirmative Action is only required for employers who have demonstrated evidence of discriminatory hiring practices that are not based upon merit – and is generally only enforced for a limited period of time. More sophisticated employers are often proactive to include fair hiring practices, such as affirmative action, voluntarily.

    Job specifications are generally based upon KSAs (knowledge, skills, and abilities) that are applicable to each respective position within an organization. In some situations, they can also involve specific certification or licensing, as appropriate to the position.

    Most job specifications cannot validate a college degree as a basis for selection – even though many employers list a degree as a general requirement for certain positions. Nonetheless, a degree can be used as a preference in recruitment and hiring, because a degree provides evidence of discipline, research skills, information evaluation and processing, analytical skills, problem-solving skills, etc.

    Similarly, military experience can be used as a preference, because it provides experience demonstrating discipline, reliability, task-assessment, task-completion, working within situations involving group dynamics, team leadership, delegation, time management, decision-making, communication skills, etc.
    I didn't say that the applicants who get in through Affirmative Action or serving in the military are less qualified. I was just getting at the point that race or military service helps some applicants get to where they want to be and it isn't a merit based advantaged that they have.

    I could say that being a minority in America means that you know how to handle adversity since you're thinking (and I don't think it is unreasonable) that people who serve in the military learn KSAs like those that you mentioned above. It's a leap to assume this as my company has seen with its recent hiree (and probably termination).

    I pretty much agree with everything else you said, except I think you're a little off about why you think employers who seek a certain degree. I may be mistaken, but people who apply with a certain degree have specific knowledge that is pertinent to the job. An extreme example is a hospital hiring a PhD to serve as a radiologist. A PhD takes discipline, time management, task-completion and other KSAs.

    There are many jobs though that require any type of bachelor's degree.

  20. #70
    Virtus in medio stat JUB Admin opinterph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jawja
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    21,046
    Blog Entries
    14

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What the Hell is Wrong with these LOSER Soldiers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lostlover View Post
    Military service and ethnicity do not add to KSAs. It's just a fact.
    Ethnicity (unless it is a BFOQ) cannot be validated as a recruitment or selection criteria.

    Military service is part of an applicant’s prior occupational experience and may therefore be used as a test to satisfy KSAs, which are validated as selection criteria through the job analysis and resulting job specifications.

  21. #71
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    101,242
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What the Hell is Wrong with these LOSER Soldiers?

    Quote Originally Posted by jackoroe View Post
    That's an interesting take. I think I'll work that one into my repertoire from time to time!
    Apparently the point went right by you.

    Quote Originally Posted by jackoroe View Post
    In any event, affirmative action gives a benefit based on a factor over which you have no control. Race, ethnicity or sex. You get admitted to school or hired because of the color of your skin, national origin or gender.

    Veteran's preference is predicated on your having done something over which you had a choice. Joining the military and serving your country. Your thinking would also require us to accept the tax benefit to home ownership, charitable contributions and marriage as affirmative action, since people engaging in these activities are given preferential treatment.
    Really? Owning a home puts you in line for a job ahead of others more qualified? Charitable contributions put you in line for a job ahead of others more qualified?
    Marriage puts you in line for a job ahead of others more qualified?

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  22. #72
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    101,242
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What the Hell is Wrong with these LOSER Soldiers?

    Quote Originally Posted by opinterph View Post
    Affirmative Action does not require employers to hire less qualified applicants. Rather, it involves ensuring that employers take steps to offer equal opportunities to all applicants, according to attributes associated with the recruitment pool available in their area. Affirmative Action is only required for employers who have demonstrated evidence of discriminatory hiring practices that are not based upon merit – and is generally only enforced for a limited period of time. More sophisticated employers are often proactive to include fair hiring practices, such as affirmative action, voluntarily.
    That's the theory. In practice, it doesn't work that way. I've worked at two jobs where a person with minority status had a position there and wasn't up to par, but the boss was afraid to fire them because of the threat of an affirmative action suit. Big corporations might not care about the legal cost, but a business with only a hundred employees or less could be sunk by them.

    And according to the regional state parks director, government agencies and those with government contracts have to abide by affirmative action anyway. They've got a gal ranger who they couldn't fire even if she wasn't a better ranger than any of her immediate supervisors: she qualifies them as having a female, a Native American, a black, and now a lesbian -- all in one, but filling all those slots. If she leaves, the local parks district will have to hire several new people to meet its 'quota'.
    She finds it hilarious to be four people at once.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  23. #73
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    101,242
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What the Hell is Wrong with these LOSER Soldiers?

    Quote Originally Posted by hotatlboi View Post
    I don't think you understand that ALL soldiers are supposed to have that to some extent. You can't be a softie when you are getting your body shot up.

    The problem was not that he had a lust for blood, it was that he targeted that at innocents rather than enemy combatants.
    Not these days. Even the Rangers don't want anyone with a lust for blood. They want someone who will kill when ordered to, but even then only when ethically correct. They don't want those who will hesitate, but they don't want anyone who enjoys it.

    I learned this from their web site and a recruiter, while trying to help out a kid here who keeps getting in trouble yet whose dream is to be a Ranger.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  24. #74
    JUB Addict Lostlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    United States
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    10,286

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What the Hell is Wrong with these LOSER Soldiers?

    Quote Originally Posted by opinterph View Post
    Ethnicity (unless it is a BFOQ) cannot be validated as a recruitment or selection criteria.

    Military service is part of an applicant’s prior occupational experience and may therefore be used as a test to satisfy KSAs, which are validated as selection criteria through the job analysis and resulting job specifications.
    That's odd as Condoleeza Rice and Colin Powell have said that they're beneficiaries of Affirmative Action.

    I favor Affirmative Action because it attempts to level the playing field by getting more underrepresented groups opportunities. The best schools in the country, generally in very liberal states, practice Affirmative Actions where they admit many kinds of people with various backgrounds. My colleague doesn't have either a high school diploma or a bachelor's degree, but he has a J.D. from Harvard or Yale. There's a billionaire too who bypassed the standard route for getting a terminal degree.

    I know that there are several schools like the University of Michigan (and a school in Texas lately) that have gone to the Supreme Court to decide if race can be considered in admissions. Schools do look at race. The State of Arizona gives preferences to Native Americans for jobs.

    Also, I typed into Google the words "ex-Soldier homeless killing" and I got a TON of results. I had to look at page two to get to the murders I was talking about. This Iraq War Vet killed 4 homeless men. This cold blooded killer is also linked to two more homicides. (Charles Manson never killed anyone and people today think he's one of the worst killers in American history.)

    Here is a link to another vet that returned home only to kill an innocent transient.

  25. #75
    Virtus in medio stat JUB Admin opinterph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jawja
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    21,046
    Blog Entries
    14

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What the Hell is Wrong with these LOSER Soldiers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    I've worked at two jobs where a person with minority status had a position there and wasn't up to par, but the boss was afraid to fire them because of the threat of an affirmative action suit.
    The EEOC initiates a very limited number of lawsuits, due primarily to the agency’s lack of personnel. It is more likely to attempt mediation, which will result in a “dismissal” in cases where the agency determines that no discrimination occurred. If there is evidence of discrimination (and after attempts at reconciliation have failed), the EEOC may issue a “letter of determination” – or, if the agency does not intend to litigate the case on the complainant’s behalf, a “right to sue” letter. No complainant can initiate his or her own lawsuit under Title VII without a right to sue letter.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    … If she leaves, the local parks district will have to hire several new people to meet its 'quota'.
    The employer’s compliance status is not violated by deviation from a “perfect quota” brought about through the processes of attrition and hiring. The quota is more of a goal than an absolute. Employers are not expected to create new positions in order to restore the quota after someone is terminated.


    Quote Originally Posted by Lostlover View Post
    That's odd as Condoleeza Rice and Colin Powell have said that they're beneficiaries of Affirmative Action.
    To what are you referring as odd?

  26. #76
    Porn Star nafhoosier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    454

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What the Hell is Wrong with these LOSER Soldiers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lostlover View Post

    Ethnic minorities, who disproportionately poorer than whites, don't choose their race. But a soldier chooses to be a soldier.
    Interesting.

  27. #77
    Porn Star nafhoosier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    454

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What the Hell is Wrong with these LOSER Soldiers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lostlover View Post

    Ethnic minorities, who disproportionately poorer than whites, don't choose their race. But a soldier chooses to be a soldier.
    Blah, blah, blah.

    You're blabbering on like a broken record. Okay, you're very abrasive towards the US military. We get it.

    FYI - Many of those soldiers you claim that 'choose' to serve are ethnic minorities and poor whites whose only chance of getting a college education is through being a soldier. Are you so blind you forgot that the military pays for college? The Military gives you many skills such as discipline and a good work ethic that, combined with a college degree, can be transferred well into the workforce.

    $50 dollars says you got a Marine fetish and beat off to men in uniform every night. Pathetic.

  28. #78
    JUB Addict Lostlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    United States
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    10,286

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What the Hell is Wrong with these LOSER Soldiers?

    Quote Originally Posted by opinterph View Post


    To what are you referring as odd?
    You posted an exception where race maybe be used as a factor in hiring an employee (and I assume admitting a student). Yet, two, prominent African-Americans claim that they're the products of Affirmative Action.

    And the Supreme Court recently took up a case involving a Texan suing a university that supposedly practices Affirmative Action.

    President Bush too was a product of Affirmative Action as he was "legacied" into an Ivy League school despite being rejected from a state school, University of Texas' Law School, because of mediocre grades.

    I'd imagine Jackoroe will say that Abigail Fisher's lawsuit against the University of Texas at Austin is hogwash since he supports soldiers getting an advantage not based on merit just like the blacks and latinos who pushed poor Abby out of higher education.

  29. #79
    Virtus in medio stat JUB Admin opinterph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jawja
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    21,046
    Blog Entries
    14

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What the Hell is Wrong with these LOSER Soldiers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lostlover View Post
    You posted an exception where race maybe be used as a factor in hiring an employee (and I assume admitting a student). Yet, two, prominent African-Americans claim that they're the products of Affirmative Action.
    The Bona fide Occupational Qualification exception is intended to allow employers to screen applicants based upon unique characteristics that are required for a specific job. For example, a nightclub that exists for the sole purpose of providing entertainment by male strippers can legally discriminate against women in hiring its performers. I suppose some schools can use a similar form of legitimate discrimination, such as an all-girl boarding school disallowing males, or perhaps a religious school that requires its students to adhere to specific religious principles in order to attend. I don’t see the connection between these concepts and the fact that some people report having benefited from Affirmative Action.

  30. #80
    JUB 10k Club
    jackoroe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    11,390

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What the Hell is Wrong with these LOSER Soldiers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lostlover View Post
    You posted an exception where race maybe be used as a factor in hiring an employee (and I assume admitting a student). Yet, two, prominent African-Americans claim that they're the products of Affirmative Action.

    And the Supreme Court recently took up a case involving a Texan suing a university that supposedly practices Affirmative Action.

    President Bush too was a product of Affirmative Action as he was "legacied" into an Ivy League school despite being rejected from a state school, University of Texas' Law School, because of mediocre grades.

    I'd imagine Jackoroe will say that Abigail Fisher's lawsuit against the University of Texas at Austin is hogwash since he supports soldiers getting an advantage not based on merit just like the blacks and latinos who pushed poor Abby out of higher education.

    We've established that veteran's status is not one of the criteria considered under affirmative action. Yes, I know, how dare I actually read the act and base an argument on it. Facts are stubborn things, aren't they?

    Now you are ignorantly claiming that being "legacied" similarly constitutes affirmative action. Being granted admission to an institution of higher learning because your relatives went there well may very well constitute nepotism, it isn't affirmative action.

    Being a veteran has the same kind of merit as having a college degree. Nobody who walks into a new job setting fresh out of school, knows the job from day one. They are assumed to posess skill sets from college that will allow them to succeed in the workplace. There are skill sets that being part of the military provides individuals that are useful in everyday life and in the workplace. Dependability, ability to take instruction, team work, leadership. These are all qualities that employers look for.

  31. #81
    JUB Addict Lostlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    United States
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    10,286

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What the Hell is Wrong with these LOSER Soldiers?

    This is an article posted today on the Daily Mail: AWOL soldier charged with bank fraud 'after stealing identity of billionaire Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen' . I didn't go Google searching for stories. I read the Daily Mail daily and have linked to this site twice already in this thread.

    What would make you think you could get away with stealing a billionaire's identity? Especially, a billionaire like Allen who known for being very attentive to details (and I guess to bank statements too).

    This is the kicker:

    Brandon Lee Price, 28, of East Liberty, Pennsylvania is accused of impersonating Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen, one of the world's top billionaires, to successfully obtain access to his bank account.
    Price allegedly used the account belonging to the man with an estimated net worth of $14.2 billion for personal payments on a delinquent Armed Forces Bank account as well as personal expenses which included a trip to a dollar store.
    He stole Paul Allen's identity to go to a dollar store? Seriously?

    I'll get to you Jackoroe and Opinterph, when I get back.

  32. #82
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    101,242
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What the Hell is Wrong with these LOSER Soldiers?

    Quote Originally Posted by jackoroe View Post
    We've established that veteran's status is not one of the criteria considered under affirmative action. Yes, I know, how dare I actually read the act and base an argument on it. Facts are stubborn things, aren't they?
    We haven't established any such thing -- you just keep claiming it. Resorting to the law is a dodge that allows you to avoid thinking. Nobody cares about the act but you -- we're talking about reality, not words on a page.

    The assertion was that the law grants veterans points based on nothing but their status as veterans, putting them ahead of other applicants not on the basis of merit, but of status. That's affirmative action. If it was as you describe, there wouldn't be any need for a law; employers would be considering them on the basis of merit.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  33. #83
    JUB 10k Club
    jackoroe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    11,390

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What the Hell is Wrong with these LOSER Soldiers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    We haven't established any such thing -- you just keep claiming it. Resorting to the law is a dodge that allows you to avoid thinking. Nobody cares about the act but you -- we're talking about reality, not words on a page.

    The assertion was that the law grants veterans points based on nothing but their status as veterans, putting them ahead of other applicants not on the basis of merit, but of status. That's affirmative action. If it was as you describe, there wouldn't be any need for a law; employers would be considering them on the basis of merit.
    Words mean things, my friend. If you want to know what constitutes the parameters of Affirmative Action, look to the authority. The act creating the program. Or we could simply allow people to make up things to fit whatever argument they want, as some here have tried and failed to do.

    You are well within your rights to argue that veteran's preference may be unfair. But you and anybody else who call it affirmative action are incorrect. If we completely eliminate all existing affirmative action programs contained in the statute, veteran's preference programs would be untouched.

  34. #84
    JUB Addict Lostlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    United States
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    10,286

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What the Hell is Wrong with these LOSER Soldiers?

    Quote Originally Posted by jackoroe View Post
    We've established that veteran's status is not one of the criteria considered under affirmative action. Yes, I know, how dare I actually read the act and base an argument on it. Facts are stubborn things, aren't they?

    Now you are ignorantly claiming that being "legacied" similarly constitutes affirmative action. Being granted admission to an institution of higher learning because your relatives went there well may very well constitute nepotism, it isn't affirmative action.

    Being a veteran has the same kind of merit as having a college degree. Nobody who walks into a new job setting fresh out of school, knows the job from day one. They are assumed to posess skill sets from college that will allow them to succeed in the workplace. There are skill sets that being part of the military provides individuals that are useful in everyday life and in the workplace. Dependability, ability to take instruction, team work, leadership. These are all qualities that employers look for.
    Being legacied into schools is Affirmative Action for the rich and well connected. This is why many people don't like it as it stinks to high heavens. I wonder what Bush's opinion of getting into a school because he did went there compares to his views on Affirmative Action.

    Did you see the link I posted about a white woman suing The University of Texas at Austin because she feels they gave preference to Latinos and Blacks? How is that any different if the University of Texas at Austin gave preferences to ex-soldiers in admissions?

    Is she filing the lawsuit against the people or the practice of giving people an advantage not based on merits?

  35. #85
    JUB Addict Ninja108's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    62,000

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What the Hell is Wrong with these Soldiers?

    I will never call those who chose to serve our country losers. EVER.

  36. #86
    JUB Addict Lostlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    United States
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    10,286

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What the Hell is Wrong with these Soldiers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja108 View Post
    I will never call those who chose to serve our country losers. EVER.
    I was calling the criminals I mentioned losers. Please see the word "these" in the title of the thread.

  37. #87
    JUB Addict Lostlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    United States
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    10,286

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What the Hell is Wrong with these LOSER Soldiers?

    Quote Originally Posted by opinterph View Post
    The Bona fide Occupational Qualification exception is intended to allow employers to screen applicants based upon unique characteristics that are required for a specific job. For example, a nightclub that exists for the sole purpose of providing entertainment by male strippers can legally discriminate against women in hiring its performers. I suppose some schools can use a similar form of legitimate discrimination, such as an all-girl boarding school disallowing males, or perhaps a religious school that requires its students to adhere to specific religious principles in order to attend. I don’t see the connection between these concepts and the fact that some people report having benefited from Affirmative Action.
    I mentioned Rice and Powell to illustrate that AA is practiced despite its legality. I don't believe the University of Denver was looking specifically for a female PhD student when it admitted Rice. She has admitted that she's benefited from AA and being a provost at Stanford and in a liberal state, I wouldn't be surprised if Stanford looked at ethnicity in the application process.

    I just have difficulty believing that the Bona fide Occupation Qualification exemption is actually followed as I've seen in a conservative state, open, blatant favoring of applicants with Native American ancestry. Furthermore, the Supreme Court allowed the University of Michigan to consider race. This is clearly outside this exception that you posted, especially considering that from the university's perspective, a student is a student, regardless of gender or race. You might need a male stripper to have a male strip club, but the University of Michigan doesn't need any specific type of student -- whether it is a Latino, black, gay, straight, ex-soldier -- to function as a university.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.