JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

remove these banner ads by becoming a JUB Supporter.

Results 1 to 32 of 32
  1. #1
    Inactive RonR18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Uranus
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    4,398

    Code of Conduct

    Did you know you can get AIDS just by letting someone suck your dick or rim you?

    I knew you could get AIDS by sucking dicks, but I wasn't previously aware that it was possible to contract it by letting an HIV carrier with gum disease, etc., suck your dick or lick your anus. What about you... did you know? Here's what the CDC says about it:

    If You Let Someone Suck Your Dick Or Rim You:

    "Yes, it is possible to become infected with HIV through receiving oral sex,"

    "While no one knows exactly what the degree of risk is, evidence suggests that the risk is less than that of unprotected anal or vaginal sex."

    "If the person performing oral sex has HIV, blood from their mouth may enter the body of the person receiving oral sex through

    the lining of the urethra (the opening at the tip of the penis);
    the lining of the anus; or
    directly into the body through small cuts or open sores."

    If You Suck Someone Else's Dick:

    "If the person receiving oral sex has HIV, their semen (cum), pre-seminal fluid (pre-cum), may contain the virus. Cells lining the mouth of the person performing oral sex may allow HIV to enter their body.

    The risk of HIV transmission increases

    if the person performing oral sex has cuts or sores around or in their mouth or throat;
    if the person receiving oral sex ejaculates in the mouth of the person performing oral sex; or
    if the person receiving oral sex has another sexually transmitted disease (STD)."

    "Studies have shown that latex condoms are very effective, though not perfect, in preventing HIV transmission when used correctly and consistently."

    These were just excerpts... for the full details click the following link:

    Source: http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/resources/qa/transmission.htm

    The moral of the story is that unless you're the type of dick sucker who doesn't bother with seat-belts when you're driving, learn to like the taste of condoms. And of course, tell anyone who wants to suck your dick that a condom covered dick in their mouth is better than no dick at all. Because you obviously never know who has HIV, even if they say they tested negative last month.


    "The surest way to make a monkey of a man is to quote him."
    ~ Robert Benchley

  2. #2

    Re: Did you know you can get AIDS just by letting someone suck your dick or rim you?

    Duh?..................

  3. #3
    TheRedQueen
    Guest

    Re: Did you know you can get AIDS just by letting someone suck your dick or rim you?

    Oh well. Poz me up with your tongue baby!

  4. #4
    sentientoak
    Guest

    Re: Did you know you can get AIDS just by letting someone suck your dick or rim you?

    Yes. And did you know that these sex-related infection risks have to be measured in units of 10,000 separate sex acts with a confirmed infected partner to be expressed as whole numbers?

    You even have a ten percent chance of not contracting HIV if you are injected with confirmed tainted blood!

  5. #5
    On the Prowl canesnbeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    atlanta
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    57

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Did you know you can get AIDS just by letting someone suck your dick or rim you?

    I realize hysterics tend to have a short attention span, so I'll go ahead and give you some bullet points for easier reading.

    -there are less than a dozen cases in the entire medical literature where infection has been conclusively proven to have originated from oral sex.

    -epidemiologists who review the data, tend to agree that for those few cases where infection occurred, there were extenuating circumstances (bleeding gums, high viral load in semen, etc).

    -glycoproteins in saliva are extremely efficient anti-retroviral agents.

    -oral sex carries only a THEORETICAL probability of infection.

    -there's also a theoretical probability you'll get killed by a deer in the next few days. In fact, the odds are higher.

    -Use common sense: if oral sex were a viable mechanism for transmission, then the number of infected individuals would be double or triple what it is now, since oral sex is by far the most common sexual activity.

    -I used to be hysterical about this as well, but then I started med school Nothing like information to ease your mind.

  6. #6
    Evolving...give it a try. Críostóir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hoboken
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    10,724

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Did you know you can get AIDS just by letting someone suck your dick or rim you?

    You can get hit by a meteor too.

    It's not something to worry about.

    Neither is getting HIV by receiving oral sex.
    ____
    If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities. -- Voltaire (1694-1778).

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    671

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Did you know you can get AIDS just by letting someone suck your dick or rim you?

    Thank you for posting this information. Everyone should be concerned about their disgusting, reckless sexual habits. Gay men especially...for reasons that should be obvious.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    821

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Did you know you can get AIDS just by letting someone suck your dick or rim you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Críostóir View Post
    You can get hit by a meteor too.

    It's not something to worry about.

    Neither is getting HIV by receiving oral sex.

    That's not to say that there aren't plenty of STIs you can get easily from having oral sex. HIV just isn't one of them. Beware the herps!

  9. #9
    Evolving...give it a try. Críostóir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hoboken
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    10,724

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Did you know you can get AIDS just by letting someone suck your dick or rim you?

    AND you can do everything right, use a condom every time, carefully select your partners, have sex only in a monogamous relationship, and never ever get an STI at all...

    ...and then get a cancer for which you have no known risk factors. For no reason. Because that's life.
    ____
    If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities. -- Voltaire (1694-1778).

  10. #10

    Re: Did you know you can get AIDS just by letting someone suck your dick or rim you?

    Quote Originally Posted by canesnbeach View Post
    I realize hysterics tend to have a short attention span, so I'll go ahead and give you some bullet points for easier reading.

    -there are less than a dozen cases in the entire medical literature where infection has been conclusively proven to have originated from oral sex.

    -epidemiologists who review the data, tend to agree that for those few cases where infection occurred, there were extenuating circumstances (bleeding gums, high viral load in semen, etc).

    -glycoproteins in saliva are extremely efficient anti-retroviral agents.

    -oral sex carries only a THEORETICAL probability of infection.

    -there's also a theoretical probability you'll get killed by a deer in the next few days. In fact, the odds are higher.

    -Use common sense: if oral sex were a viable mechanism for transmission, then the number of infected individuals would be double or triple what it is now, since oral sex is by far the most common sexual activity.

    -I used to be hysterical about this as well, but then I started med school Nothing like information to ease your mind.
    Thank you.

  11. #11

    Re: Did you know you can get AIDS just by letting someone suck your dick or rim you?

    Well I just learned something.
    Eternal youth and endless life. I'll sacrifice everything and everyone to obtain it

  12. #12
    WagWag
    Guest

    Re: Did you know you can get AIDS just by letting someone suck your dick or rim you?

    Quote Originally Posted by navigaytion View Post
    Thank you for posting this information. Everyone should be concerned about their disgusting, reckless sexual habits. Gay men especially...for reasons that should be obvious.
    At first I was like this because I thought the bolded part was some try at humor:


    Then I realized it wasn't:

    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tumblr_llvkcee8d91qbn691.gif   tumblr_lnx64zGdgg1qcwrtdo1_400.gif  

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    671

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Did you know you can get AIDS just by letting someone suck your dick or rim you?

    Quote Originally Posted by WaGWaG View Post
    At first I was like this because I thought the bolded part was some try at humor:


    Then I realized it wasn't:

    I'm glad you've got it all worked out, dear. It's important that you understand how you feel.

  14. #14
    Keeland
    Guest

    Re: Did you know you can get AIDS just by letting someone suck your dick or rim you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Críostóir View Post
    You can get hit by a meteor too.

    It's not something to worry about.
    Tell that to THEM!

  15. #15
    Porn Star gayescortclub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    493
    Blog Entries
    8

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Did you know you can get AIDS just by letting someone suck your dick or rim you?

    just a quick correction of the thread name - you can't get AIDS, you can be infected with HIV.
    GAY Submit - daily dose of hot gay pictures.
    Gay Image Hosting

  16. #16
    Evolving...give it a try. Críostóir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hoboken
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    10,724

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Did you know you can get AIDS just by letting someone suck your dick or rim you?

    Quote Originally Posted by WaGWaG View Post
    At first I was like this because I thought the bolded part was some try at humor:

    Then I realized it wasn't:
    No, it really isn't. I often wonder why someone who is disgusted by everything gay men do, especially pornography, is here at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by gayescortclub View Post
    just a quick correction of the thread name - you can't get AIDS, you can be infected with HIV.
    Good point. Very few people (in developed countries) infected with HIV progress to AIDS these days, because of the treatment regimens that have been developed.
    ____
    If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities. -- Voltaire (1694-1778).

  17. #17
    Inactive RonR18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Uranus
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    4,398

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Did you know you can get AIDS just by letting someone suck your dick or rim you?

    Quote Originally Posted by sentientoak View Post
    Yes. And did you know that these sex-related infection risks have to be measured in units of 10,000 separate sex acts with a confirmed infected partner to be expressed as whole numbers?

    You even have a ten percent chance of not contracting HIV if you are injected with confirmed tainted blood!
    RE: "Yes. And did you know that these sex-related infection risks have to be measured in units of 10,000 separate sex acts with a confirmed infected partner to be expressed as whole numbers?"

    What is your source for this data? Because as indicated above, the CDC states, "no one knows exactly what the degree of risk is." So if what you say is correct, then the CDC is lying.

    RE: "You even have a ten percent chance of not contracting HIV if you are injected with confirmed tainted blood!"

    Would you let even one confirmed HIV infected partner perform oral sex on you without a condom if you knew he had gum disease? And would you be willing to perform unprotected oral sex on him if you knew his semen contained a high viral load?

    Quote Originally Posted by canesnbeach View Post
    I realize hysterics tend to have a short attention span, so I'll go ahead and give you some bullet points for easier reading.

    -there are less than a dozen cases in the entire medical literature where infection has been conclusively proven to have originated from oral sex.

    -epidemiologists who review the data, tend to agree that for those few cases where infection occurred, there were extenuating circumstances (bleeding gums, high viral load in semen, etc).

    -glycoproteins in saliva are extremely efficient anti-retroviral agents.

    -oral sex carries only a THEORETICAL probability of infection.

    -there's also a theoretical probability you'll get killed by a deer in the next few days. In fact, the odds are higher.

    -Use common sense: if oral sex were a viable mechanism for transmission, then the number of infected individuals would be double or triple what it is now, since oral sex is by far the most common sexual activity.

    -I used to be hysterical about this as well, but then I started med school Nothing like information to ease your mind.
    RE: "-there are less than a dozen cases in the entire medical literature where infection has been conclusively proven to have originated from oral sex."

    Since conclusively proving an HIV infection originated from oral sex would be extremely difficult, common sense dictates the actual number of infections from oral sex is considerably higher. Especially since, "75 percent of the population suffer from gum disease in various degrees of severity."
    Source: http://www.saveyoursmile.com/healthygums/overview.html

    RE: "-epidemiologists who review the data, tend to agree that for those few cases where infection occurred, there were extenuating circumstances (bleeding gums)."

    Yep, I indicated in my opening post that the HIV carrier would have to have gum disease in order to pose a risk to the person he's performing oral sex on. But also, he could have traces of sperm in his mouth from having performed oral sex on other partners before he started on you. For example, a sex addict at a gay bathhouse may give blowjobs to a dozen different men in one night, and have high viral loads of semen in his mouth after the first 2 guys he sucked, who were HIV positive.

    RE: "-glycoproteins in saliva are extremely efficient anti-retroviral agents."

    So, I take it that you'd be comfortable performing oral sex on a confirmed HIV infected partner without a condom, even if you knew his semen contained a high viral load?

    RE: "-oral sex carries only a THEORETICAL probability of infection."

    Huh? You've already stated there's a dozen cases of HIV infection that have been "conclusively proven to have originated from oral sex." So what's "theoretical" about those dozen cases?

    RE: "-there's also a theoretical probability you'll get killed by a deer in the next few days. In fact, the odds are higher."

    Which is why I'm always on the lookout for deer when driving in certain areas. I even watch for drunk pedestrians who are prone to stepping in front of moving vehicles.

    RE: "-Use common sense: if oral sex were a viable mechanism for transmission, then the number of infected individuals would be double or triple what it is now, since oral sex is by far the most common sexual activity."

    But again, common sense dictates the actual rate of infection from oral sex is much higher than the number you quoted, due to the degree of difficulty in proving conclusively how people are infected.

    RE: "-I used to be hysterical about this as well, but then I started med school Nothing like information to ease your mind."

    Haha, I'm not "hysterical" about it in any sense of the word. I realize the risk of contracting HIV from blowjobs is extremely low, but that doesn't mean precautions aren't justified. I blow money in the lottery all the time, even though I know the possibility of winning the jackpot are astronomical.

    Quote Originally Posted by Críostóir View Post
    You can get hit by a meteor too.

    It's not something to worry about.

    Neither is getting HIV by receiving oral sex.
    I was going to ask you:

    "Would you let even one confirmed HIV infected partner perform oral sex on you without a condom if you knew he had gum disease? And would you be willing to perform unprotected oral sex on him if you knew his semen contained a high viral load?"

    But I already know what your answer would be. And every once in a while, I do worry about a meteor crashing through my roof and cracking my skull open like an egg.

    Quote Originally Posted by yummylongsword View Post
    That's not to say that there aren't plenty of STIs you can get easily from having oral sex. HIV just isn't one of them. Beware the herps!
    Although it's not considered "easy" to contract HIV from oral sex, the possibility still exists, and thus precautions are warranted for people who would rather be safe than sorry. And in addition to herpes, "Research has suggested that performing unprotected oral sex on a person infected with human papillomavirus (HPV) might increase the risk of oral or throat cancer."
    Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semen

    Quote Originally Posted by Críostóir View Post
    AND you can do everything right, use a condom every time, carefully select your partners, have sex only in a monogamous relationship, and never ever get an STI at all...

    ...and then get a cancer for which you have no known risk factors. For no reason. Because that's life.
    And you can die from any number of other causes as well, but that obviously doesn't mean you shouldn't take precautions in order to protect yourself from as many different things as possible.

    Quote Originally Posted by Keeland View Post
    Tell that to THEM!
    Funny you should mention that, because as far asteroids and comets are concerned, "NASA has only tracked an estimated 1 percent of all the space rocks out there and they need way more funding to find the rest."
    Source: http://news.discovery.com/space/if-y...is-110301.html

    Quote Originally Posted by Críostóir View Post
    Good point. Very few people (in developed countries) infected with HIV progress to AIDS these days, because of the treatment regimens that have been developed.
    Hmm, but aren't the side effects from the daily cocktail of drugs bad enough to make you wish you had taken precautions during oral sex? And what about people who don't have health insurance, how do HIV infected patients rate free treatment when their condition is not life-threatening at the time of diagnosis? After all, uninsured patients are sent home to die from treatable cancer on a routine basis.


    "The surest way to make a monkey of a man is to quote him."
    ~ Robert Benchley

  18. #18
    sentientoak
    Guest

    Re: Did you know you can get AIDS just by letting someone suck your dick or rim you?


  19. #19
    Evolving...give it a try. Críostóir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hoboken
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    10,724

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Did you know you can get AIDS just by letting someone suck your dick or rim you?

    Ron, the risk of getting HIV from oral sex is TOO SMALL TO WORRY ABOUT. If you don't worry about being struck by lightning, and you're not dumb enough to play the lottery (you're more likely to get hit by lightning than to win the lottery, actually), then don't worry about unprotected oral sex (from an HIV standpoint).

    Trying to get people scared about it undermines safe (anal) sex efforts, because they start to think it's all nonsense.

    I actually wonder if you can transmit HIV when you're on the cocktail. There are strong political reasons to claim you can, so I doubt what comes from e.g. GMHC on this. If you have an undetectable viral load (and that means a lot less virus than it did 10 years ago, because we're better at detecting it), how can you have enough in sperm to infect someone? Seems unlikely.
    ____
    If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities. -- Voltaire (1694-1778).

  20. #20
    Evolving...give it a try. Críostóir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hoboken
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    10,724

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Did you know you can get AIDS just by letting someone suck your dick or rim you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Críostóir View Post
    AND you can do everything right, use a condom every time, carefully select your partners, have sex only in a monogamous relationship, and never ever get an STI at all...

    ...and then get a cancer for which you have no known risk factors. For no reason. Because that's life.
    Quote Originally Posted by RonR18 View Post
    And you can die from any number of other causes as well, but that obviously doesn't mean you shouldn't take precautions in order to protect yourself from as many different things as possible.
    But spending your energy on high-probability risks makes the most sense. We all have to triage a little, since no one has infinite energy.

    And the fewer things you WORRY about the better! Stress is a big killer too. And I'm sorry, I'd rather skip the sex than suck on a dick I can't even taste, or that tastes like latex or polyurethane. Forget it!

    And I speak from personal experience on the cancer thing.
    ____
    If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities. -- Voltaire (1694-1778).

  21. #21
    A Total Bottom mbamike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    14,610

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Did you know you can get AIDS just by letting someone suck your dick or rim you?

    Having sex with multiple partners is about managing the risks associated with suck activities. To be 100% safe, one would have to remain celibate or jack off alone. Personally, that is not for me.

    Homophobia kills!

  22. #22
    Inactive RonR18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Uranus
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    4,398

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Did you know you can get AIDS just by letting someone suck your dick or rim you?

    Quote Originally Posted by sentientoak View Post
    Yes. And did you know that these sex-related infection risks have to be measured in units of 10,000 separate sex acts with a confirmed infected partner to be expressed as whole numbers?
    Since the source of that obscure data is the CDC, I now understand why they tell the public a different story. Because the stats you quoted from them is based on the same type of "flawed" data canesnbeach posted regarding the dozen cases of HIV infection that have been "conclusively proven to have originated from oral sex."

    In other words, proving that large numbers of HIV infections originated from oral sex would be next to impossible, so common sense dictates the actual number of infections is considerably higher than the 12 "proven" cases. And this is undoubtedly why the CDC tells the public "no one knows exactly what the degree of risk is."

    Quote Originally Posted by Críostóir View Post
    Good point. Very few people (in developed countries) infected with HIV progress to AIDS these days, because of the treatment regimens that have been developed.
    "Jun 8, 2011 – Because of delays in seeking HIV tests, one-third of people with HIV are diagnosed so late that they develop AIDS within a year."

    Source: http://yourlife.usatoday.com/health/...-it/48171302/1

    Quote Originally Posted by Críostóir View Post
    Ron, the risk of getting HIV from oral sex is TOO SMALL TO WORRY ABOUT. If you don't worry about being struck by lightning, and you're not dumb enough to play the lottery (you're more likely to get hit by lightning than to win the lottery, actually), then don't worry about unprotected oral sex (from an HIV standpoint).

    Trying to get people scared about it undermines safe (anal) sex efforts, because they start to think it's all nonsense.

    I actually wonder if you can transmit HIV when you're on the cocktail. There are strong political reasons to claim you can, so I doubt what comes from e.g. GMHC on this. If you have an undetectable viral load (and that means a lot less virus than it did 10 years ago, because we're better at detecting it), how can you have enough in sperm to infect someone? Seems unlikely.
    RE: "Ron, the risk of getting HIV from oral sex is TOO SMALL TO WORRY ABOUT. If you don't worry about being struck by lightning, and you're not dumb enough to play the lottery (you're more likely to get hit by lightning than to win the lottery, actually), then don't worry about unprotected oral sex (from an HIV standpoint)."

    But I do worry about being struck by lightning, and I'm definitely dumb enough to play the lottery. The house next door to me was struck by lightning last year, and I won $1,000 from the lottery once.

    RE: "Trying to get people scared about it undermines safe (anal) sex efforts, because they start to think it's all nonsense."

    Huh? I'm not trying to get people scared about it, I'm just the messenger presenting facts for people to decide for themselves whether to take precautions, which is no different than what the CDC does.

    RE: "I actually wonder if you can transmit HIV when you're on the cocktail. There are strong political reasons to claim you can, so I doubt what comes from e.g. GMHC on this. If you have an undetectable viral load (and that means a lot less virus than it did 10 years ago, because we're better at detecting it), how can you have enough in sperm to infect someone? Seems unlikely."

    I'm more concerned with the HIV carriers who haven't been diagnosed yet, as well as the uninsured ones who can't afford the expensive drug cocktail, or who have stopped taking it due to the terrible side effects.

    "Experts at the Centers for Disease and Control and Prevention (CDC) have long estimated that 20% of people infected with HIV don't know it."

    "There are tens of thousands of people in the U.S. who are diagnosed late, sometimes too late to save their lives, and certainly too late to help them avoid transmission to others."


    Source: http://yourlife.usatoday.com/health/...-it/48171302/1

    Quote Originally Posted by Críostóir View Post
    But spending your energy on high-probability risks makes the most sense. We all have to triage a little, since no one has infinite energy.

    And the fewer things you WORRY about the better! Stress is a big killer too. And I'm sorry, I'd rather skip the sex than suck on a dick I can't even taste, or that tastes like latex or polyurethane. Forget it!
    RE: "But spending your energy on high-probability risks makes the most sense. We all have to triage a little, since no one has infinite energy."

    Hmm, I have all the time and energy I need to take precautions against the risks that concern me. And slipping a condom on my penis takes very little energy.

    RE: "And the fewer things you WORRY about the better! Stress is a big killer too."

    I agree, which is why I take precautions against all the risks that concern me, because the stress from being unprotected from them would worry me to death.

    RE: "And I'm sorry, I'd rather skip the sex than suck on a dick I can't even taste, or that tastes like latex or polyurethane. Forget it!"

    But you like cherry pie, right? What if I smeared a handful of delicious cherry pie all over my big condom covered dick... wouldn't that be too tempting to resist putting in your mouth? And after you sucked all the pie off and licked it clean, I could apply another handful of pie on it for you to start all over. This way you could have the cock and eat the pie too! If you say the pie wouldn't sway you, I won't believe you, because my homemade cherry pie has won awards. As well, with my extremely cute face added to the mix, your head would be putty in my hands.


    "The surest way to make a monkey of a man is to quote him."
    ~ Robert Benchley

  23. #23
    Evolving...give it a try. Críostóir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hoboken
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    10,724

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Did you know you can get AIDS just by letting someone suck your dick or rim you?

    Ron, sweet, I'd rather eat the pie and suck your bare dick. I'll show you my certification of negative HIV test beforehand. And if you don't believe me when I haven't had sex a window period before the test, then (with so little trust in my word) you probably shouldn't be having sex with me at all.

    Or even giving me pie.
    ____
    If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities. -- Voltaire (1694-1778).

  24. #24
    JUB Addict vulgar_newcomer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    St. Petersburg
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,780

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Did you know you can get AIDS just by letting someone suck your dick or rim you?

    ~there is a 1 and 1,000 chance that the Cumbre Vieja volcano on the island of La Palma, in the Canary Islands will blow in the next 100 yrs destroying the east coast of North America, Caribbean. and South American coast down to Brazil due to mega Tsunami.

    ~ there is a 1 and 3,200 chance that a part of a 6 ton satellite falling back to Earth later this week will bonk someone on the head killing them.

  25. #25
    On the Prowl canesnbeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    atlanta
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    57

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Did you know you can get AIDS just by letting someone suck your dick or rim you?

    Ron, HIV isn't the problem, your perception of it is.

    Based on what you've written so far, I gather this is something that weighs on your mind. I also believe there's nothing any of us can say to convince you that the risks associated with oral sex are so small as to be almost negligible. You seem to be extremely selective about what type of information you deem sufficiently accurate. It's classic confirmation bias. You seem to only assimilate data that conforms to your fears and predispositions.

    I know from experience how destructive that attitude can be. I can relate to whatever issues you're working through in regards to HIV. When I was in my early 20s, I was the exact same way. Even sought counseling for it, which didn't help much. And btw, to answer your questions, I HAVE performed oral sex on someone who, at the time, I thought was HIV negative. He wasn't. And I didn't get infected. Back then I thought I was simply lucky, but now I know luck had nothing to do with it. It was all a matter of statistical probability, which skew heavily towards non-infection.

    What finally got me over HIV phobia was information. Some things, like scientific fact, aren't really up for debate. Before I started school, HIV was an 'alien' disease, the proverbial boogeyman. But I found that the more I learned about it, about what it does and doesn't do, the less afraid of it I became.

    Maybe the same will be true for you?

  26. #26
    justmeagain
    Guest

    Re: Did you know you can get AIDS just by letting someone suck your dick or rim you?

    Your justification of your fears ........ is well justified!

  27. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,133

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Did you know you can get AIDS just by letting someone suck your dick or rim you?

    Quote Originally Posted by sentientoak View Post
    Yes. And did you know that these sex-related infection risks have to be measured in units of 10,000 separate sex acts with a confirmed infected partner to be expressed as whole numbers?

    You even have a ten percent chance of not contracting HIV if you are injected with confirmed tainted blood!
    That's definitely reassuring!

  28. #28
    Inactive RonR18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Uranus
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    4,398

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Did you know you can get AIDS just by letting someone suck your dick or rim you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Críostóir View Post
    Ron, sweet, I'd rather eat the pie and suck your bare dick. I'll show you my certification of negative HIV test beforehand. And if you don't believe me when I haven't had sex a window period before the test, then (with so little trust in my word) you probably shouldn't be having sex with me at all.

    Or even giving me pie.
    But what if I was HIV positive and had a high viral load in my sperm? Would you still be willing to perform unprotected oral sex on me, and allow me to ejaculate in your mouth?

    *Sends you a fruitcake*

    Quote Originally Posted by canesnbeach View Post
    Ron, HIV isn't the problem, your perception of it is.

    Based on what you've written so far, I gather this is something that weighs on your mind. I also believe there's nothing any of us can say to convince you that the risks associated with oral sex are so small as to be almost negligible. You seem to be extremely selective about what type of information you deem sufficiently accurate. It's classic confirmation bias. You seem to only assimilate data that conforms to your fears and predispositions.

    I know from experience how destructive that attitude can be. I can relate to whatever issues you're working through in regards to HIV. When I was in my early 20s, I was the exact same way. Even sought counseling for it, which didn't help much. And btw, to answer your questions, I HAVE performed oral sex on someone who, at the time, I thought was HIV negative. He wasn't. And I didn't get infected. Back then I thought I was simply lucky, but now I know luck had nothing to do with it. It was all a matter of statistical probability, which skew heavily towards non-infection.

    What finally got me over HIV phobia was information. Some things, like scientific fact, aren't really up for debate. Before I started school, HIV was an 'alien' disease, the proverbial boogeyman. But I found that the more I learned about it, about what it does and doesn't do, the less afraid of it I became.

    Maybe the same will be true for you?
    RE: "Ron, HIV isn't the problem, your perception of it is."

    Haha, again, I'm just the messenger, reposting the CDC's perception of it.

    RE: "Based on what you've written so far, I gather this is something that weighs on your mind."

    I've already indicated above that it doesn't, it's simply another risk to contend with.

    RE: "I also believe there's nothing any of us can say to convince you that the risks associated with oral sex are so small as to be almost negligible."

    That's very true. When I'm presented with such clearly stated facts from the CDC, I have to formulate my opinions based on what they say, rather than contradictory info from an anonymous person on the Internet.

    RE: "You seem to be extremely selective about what type of information you deem sufficiently accurate. It's classic confirmation bias. You seem to only assimilate data that conforms to your fears and predispositions."

    That's not true, at all. You can put any kind of spin on it that you want to, but the facts are as cut and dried as they can be. The CDC is at the very top of the Internet food chain in terms of accuracy, so there's no way that relying on info they provide can legitimately be characterized as being, "Extremely selective."

    Again, the position they've chosen to convey to the general public about unprotected oral sex is that, "No one knows exactly what the degree of risk is." The fact that you've totally disregarded what they say constitutes the real "confirmation bias" in this discussion. And reducing the risk to a dozen "confirmed" cases as you've done indicates that you're the one who has assimilated data that conforms to your fears and predispositions.

    Because by your own admission, you, "Used to be hysterical about this," to the point that you, "Even sought counseling for it, which didn't help much." So it's understandable that you would latch onto anything you could in medical school that would enable you to rationalize your destructive fears away.

    RE: "And btw, to answer your questions, I HAVE performed oral sex on someone who, at the time, I thought was HIV negative. He wasn't. And I didn't get infected."

    The fact that you didn't get infected doesn't surprise me at all, even if your partner wasn't on antiviral drugs at the time. Because the CDC states, "Evidence suggests that the risk is less than that of unprotected anal or vaginal sex." And if the info sentientoak posted is accurate, there's a 10% chance you won't become infected even if you're injected with confirmed HIV tainted blood.

    I'll definitely concede the risk of contracting HIV from unprotected oral sex is extremely low. But technically, it's still a form of Russian roulette. And according to the best info the CDC currently has, the number of chambers in the "gun" is unknown, period.

    Generally speaking, you never know for sure who's HIV positive and has a high viral load in their sperm. And since you could be infected the first time you have unprotected oral sex or the 24th time, where do you draw the line? Do you advocate totally ignoring the risk of getting HIV from oral sex? If so, would you perform oral sex on someone you know is infected with HIV and has a high viral load in their sperm?

    RE: "Back then I thought I was simply lucky, but now I know luck had nothing to do with it. It was all a matter of statistical probability, which skew heavily towards non-infection."

    I disagree 100%. Since "statistical probability" can nail you the first time you have unprotected oral sex with an HIV carrier just as easily as the 24th time, luck has everything to do with it. And since the CDC states, "no one knows exactly what the degree of risk is," it's a big mistake to rationalize that it's skewed "heavily" towards non-infection.

    I don't know what the current stats are, but every day in 2009, almost 7,200 additional people were infected with HIV around the world, and close to 5,000 people died from AIDS-related causes. So based on that, I think taking precautions is more than justified for people who don't want to play oral sex roulette.

    RE: "What finally got me over HIV phobia was information. Some things, like scientific fact, aren't really up for debate."

    If you've got some scientific facts from a reputable source that will contradict CDC's position that, "No one knows exactly what the degree of risk is," I'd love to see it. But I can't just take the word of an anonymous person in a forum.

    Quote Originally Posted by justmeagain View Post
    Your justification of your fears ........ is well justified!
    Since no one else has been willing to answer this question so far, maybe you will: Would you knowingly engage in oral sex with someone with gum disease who's infected with HIV and has a high viral load in their sperm?

    Quote Originally Posted by mygaybuffet View Post
    That's definitely reassuring!
    That's precisely why it's on an obscure web page that few people venture to, because the CDC doesn't want the general public to misinterpret it and get a false sense of reassurance. The reality about contracting HIV from oral sex is that, "The risk is less than that of unprotected anal or vaginal sex," and,
    "no one knows exactly what the degree of risk is."

    And the quoted sentences above are from the same govt agency that published the "reassuring" stats. So why would they say, "no one knows exactly what the degree of risk is," if their "10,000 separate sex acts" figure is considered reliable for predicting infection risks? It's illogical and makes no sense. Send them an email or call their toll free number if you really think they're telling a blatant lie when they say, "no one knows exactly what the degree of risk is."


    "The surest way to make a monkey of a man is to quote him."
    ~ Robert Benchley

  29. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    671

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Did you know you can get AIDS just by letting someone suck your dick or rim you?

    Quote Originally Posted by RonR18 View Post
    Since no one else has been willing to answer this question so far, maybe you will: Would you knowingly engage in oral sex with someone who's infected with HIV and has a high viral load in their sperm?
    No, absolutely not.

  30. #30
    On the Prowl canesnbeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    atlanta
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    57

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Did you know you can get AIDS just by letting someone suck your dick or rim you?

    O dear.

    Maybe stop thinking the CDC is the ultimate bastion of scientific scrutiny and information? A lot of what they say is heavily biased to one or another political agenda. They're a government organization who depends on government funding to stay afloat. It'd be naive to think that their opinion is the absolute truth.

    My advice? Forget the CDC, they've generated more controversies than Monsanto and Walmart combined. Instead, go straight for the primary literature. Read stuff like the New England Journal of Medicine or The Lancet. Get on PubMed and do your own research and deduce your own conclusions.

    don't be sheeple.

  31. #31
    Evolving...give it a try. Críostóir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hoboken
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    10,724

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Did you know you can get AIDS just by letting someone suck your dick or rim you?

    canesnbeach is right. CDC is heavily political. That's why we still have an absolute prohibition on blood donation by men who've had sex with another man since 1977, even though all blood is tested for HIV with extremely sensitive tests, and no one gets HIV from a blood transfusion any more.

    And even though HIV is no longer a gay disease. If the CDC were concerned about at-risk people donating blood, they would ban blood donations by WOMEN who've had sex with a man since 1977!

    They don't. That's because their rules no longer have anything to do with protecting the blood supply.
    ____
    If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities. -- Voltaire (1694-1778).

  32. #32
    Inactive RonR18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Uranus
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    4,398

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Did you know you can get AIDS just by letting someone suck your dick or rim you?

    Quote Originally Posted by canesnbeach View Post
    O dear.

    Maybe stop thinking the CDC is the ultimate bastion of scientific scrutiny and information? A lot of what they say is heavily biased to one or another political agenda. They're a government organization who depends on government funding to stay afloat. It'd be naive to think that their opinion is the absolute truth.

    My advice? Forget the CDC, they've generated more controversies than Monsanto and Walmart combined. Instead, go straight for the primary literature. Read stuff like the New England Journal of Medicine or The Lancet. Get on PubMed and do your own research and deduce your own conclusions.

    don't be sheeple.
    RE: "Maybe stop thinking the CDC is the ultimate bastion of scientific scrutiny and information? A lot of what they say is heavily biased to one or another political agenda. They're a government organization who depends on government funding to stay afloat. It'd be naive to think that their opinion is the absolute truth. My advice? Forget the CDC, they've generated more controversies than Monsanto and Walmart combined."

    Aside from the petty political nonsense they're involved in, they're clearly the undisputed authority on pandemics like AIDS. And if a new, unknown pandemic emerges next week and starts killing thousands of people each day, who do you think will respond to it? And who do you think the world will turn to for help/guidance? Hint: It won't be the New England Journal of Medicine, etc.

    RE: "Read stuff like the New England Journal of Medicine or The Lancet. Get on PubMed and do your own research and deduce your own conclusions."

    That won't be necessary, because your unwillingness to answer the hypothetical question I asked you twice tells me everything I need to know. You're a medical student who has used those resources to do extensive research on HIV and AIDS, and you indicate the risks posed by unprotected oral sex are way too small to worry about. Yet you're not willing to back your words up with action. In that you're not willing to perform unprotected oral sex on someone you know is HIV positive.

    It's also highly probable that you wouldn't let someone who's infected with HIV perform unprotected oral sex on you. Because closely inspecting the inside of his mouth for gum disease would undoubtedly offend him and turn him off. And if you miss one small area, that's all it takes for traces of blood to be in his mouth, which could enable the HIV virus to enter through the lining of your urethra.

    As well, even if he doesn't have gum disease that's advanced enough to release trace amounts of blood into his mouth, who's to say an HIV infected person didn't ejaculate high viral loads of semen in his mouth half an hour before he performs oral sex on you? Or suppose he's one of the many guys who has a cum fetish, and ejaculates high viral loads of semen into his own mouth each day?

    The point being that you really don't know for sure who is HIV positive... even if they claim to have tested negative the previous month. And again, in the U.S., "one-third of people with HIV are diagnosed so late that they develop AIDS within a year." And of course, some of them are sociopaths who will continue infecting people via unprotected sex even after they're diagnosed.

    How likely is it that a highly intelligent person who's extremely knowledgeable about AIDS could unknowingly get an HIV loaded penis in his mouth? The chances must be pretty high, as evidenced by the fact that it's already happened to you. So how does anyone else avoid the "tens of thousands of people in the U.S. who are diagnosed too late to help them avoid transmission to others?" That's just it... they can't.

    So generally speaking, when you engage in any form of unprotected oral sex, you're clearly playing HIV roulette. And as far as losing the game, once again, the CDC states that, "No one knows exactly what the degree of risk is." And no one has posted a single link to contradict this CDC finding. All they've done is confirm (through silence) that the chances of being infected are significant enough to dissuade them from engaging in oral sex with someone they know is HIV positive. And again, that tells me everything I need to know.

    Quote Originally Posted by Críostóir View Post
    canesnbeach is right. CDC is heavily political. That's why we still have an absolute prohibition on blood donation by men who've had sex with another man since 1977, even though all blood is tested for HIV with extremely sensitive tests, and no one gets HIV from a blood transfusion any more.

    And even though HIV is no longer a gay disease. If the CDC were concerned about at-risk people donating blood, they would ban blood donations by WOMEN who've had sex with a man since 1977!

    They don't. That's because their rules no longer have anything to do with protecting the blood supply.
    RE: "canesnbeach is right. CDC is heavily political."

    Except where it counts the most.

    RE: "That's why we still have an absolute prohibition on blood donation by men who've had sex with another man since 1977, even though all blood is tested for HIV with extremely sensitive tests, and no one gets HIV from a blood transfusion any more."

    "The risk of transmitting HIV to blood transfusion recipients is extremely low in developed countries where improved donor selection and HIV screening is performed. However, according to the WHO, the overwhelming majority of the world's population does not have access to safe blood and between 5% and 10% of the world's HIV infections come from transfusion of infected blood and blood products."

    Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AIDS#Blood_products

    Hmm, "extremely low" doesn't reassure me that people in developed countries aren't still getting HIV from blood transfusions. As well, as long as human beings are involved in any part of the screening process, there's always going to be mistakes made.

    RE: "And even though HIV is no longer a gay disease. If the CDC were concerned about at-risk people donating blood, they would ban blood donations by WOMEN who've had sex with a man since 1977! They don't. That's because their rules no longer have anything to do with protecting the blood supply."

    Agreed. Obviously, women have sex with bisexual men who have sex with gay men. So the antiquated discrimination against gay men is just political posturing to appease ignorant homophobes. But that clearly doesn't discredit everything else the CDC is involved in. As evidenced by the fact their site gets 41 million page views per month from people who rely on them for "credible, reliable health information" on a number of different topics.


    "The surest way to make a monkey of a man is to quote him."
    ~ Robert Benchley

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.