Free Gay Sex Photos, Movies, Reviews and Forums at JustUsBoys

View Poll Results: Should Bradley Manning Get the Death Penalty?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 22.45%
  • No

38 77.55%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast
    Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Re: Bradley Manning - video report

I'm not ignoring the war crimes. In fact, I was the first person on this entire site to mention wikileaks and even praise it for showing how careless some people in uniform were in Iraq.

I didn't like Manning handing over classified info to a weirdo Australian who gets some type of weird satisfaction at releasing sensitive American information.

McKinnon will be rotting at the bottom of a US jail soon. And you can blame British politicians, who you put in office, for having a one-way extradition treaty with us.

And you're splitting hairs. Both the killer doc and Manning are criminals, as they both violated laws. Manning at the least is guilty of being in possession of stolen property. And depending on how you define enemy, Manning is a traitor and his actions could (hopefully) lead to his execution. I'd love to have front row seats to that as his head snaps back from rope.

I like too how you can call his actions praiseworthy while also painting him as a mental nutcase. I'd imagine it is hard to be both.
    "Rarely do we find men who willingly engage in hard solid thinking. There is an almost universal quest for easy answers and half-baked solutions. Nothing pains some people more than having to think.'' - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

JUB Addict
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by EwanSF View Post
    Exposed your country as revolting human rights violators and hypocrites? And as if just to prove my point you're calling on the execution of someone that's clearly mentaly ill. Good to see where your priorities lie.
    Some of what he exposed was good. (good to be exposed, not 'good' good)

On the other hand, however, the douche was so fucking incompetent and ignorant that could have exposed secret missions like the one that ended with the death of Osama Bin Laden. Putting the lives of your fellow soldiers and innocent Americans at risk because of your own warped sense of importance doesn't make you a hero, it makes you a contemptible piece of shit that deserves to spend the rest of your life rotting in a cell.

Oh, and you also do a disservice to people that actually ARE mentally ill by claiming that he is. He's not. He's a deluded piece of garbage that isn't worth the clothes he's wearing.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by JB3 View Post
    Some of what he exposed was good. (good to be exposed, not 'good' good)

On the other hand, however, the douche was so fucking incompetent and ignorant that could have exposed secret missions like the one that ended with the death of Osama Bin Laden. Putting the lives of your fellow soldiers and innocent Americans at risk because of your own warped sense of importance doesn't make you a hero, it makes you a contemptible piece of shit that deserves to spend the rest of your life rotting in a cell.

Oh, and you also do a disservice to people that actually ARE mentally ill by claiming that he is. He's not. He's a deluded piece of garbage that isn't worth the clothes he's wearing.
    Manning exposed the total lack of security in The Army's communication network. Osama Bin Laden did not need assistance from Bradley Manning.

The Army's communications network security was so inadequate that a private soldier in the middle of the Iraqi desert could access State Department files, download them and then pass them to Wikileaks without suspicion on the part of Manning's supervisors.

I gather that access to State Department computer files, via The Army's communications networks has now been terminated. Better late, than never.

It is crystal clear that Manning has been demonstrating disturbed behaviour patterns, that even propelled his superior officers to recommend his discharge from The Army. Those recommendations were over ruled by more senior officers. Clearly The Army needed Manning's computer/analyst skills, and were prepared to overlook his disturbed personality.

I have my doubts that Manning will be court-martialled if only to spare The Army severe embarrassment in its failure to sufficiently, and adequately protect the security of its communications networks.

If Manning is sentenced to a long term prison term, then so should several senior Army officers, who were ultimately responsible for the security of The Army's communications networks.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by Lostlover View Post

McKinnon will be rotting at the bottom of a US jail soon. And you can blame British politicians, who you put in office, for having a one-way extradition treaty with us.
    I doubt that McKinnon will ever be extradited to the United States to stand trial.

The prevailing mood in the British Parliament is to avoid extradition.

British public opinion is also against extradition.

The United States authorities might well elect to soft peddle this matter in the interests of maintaining the harmonious, and close relationship of the United States with the United Kingdom.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by JayHawk View Post
    DADT being repealed and Bradley Manning have very little to do with one another. Bradley manning is a contemptible piece of shit who doesnt have the moral backbone or character to simply adhere to that which he swore to do. I have no use for cowards and traitors. Manning should be tried, convicted and shot.
    DADT and Bradly Manning have everything to do with one another.

Manning has personal problems for which he could not get help or even confide in a friend because of DADT. Any other recruit could (and almost certainly would) have talked these problems out with his friends or even a counselor. Manning did not have that option. Unable to resolve these issues in a human way, Manning's problems finally found expression in extreme behavior.

When you treat people like crap, you get crappy behavior in return. The military has paid a price for its inability to accept homosexuals as normal human beings. Let's hope it learns a lesson from this.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Total traitor. And a loser. What exactly has he accomplished?
    Actually, Manning may be responsible for the "Arab Spring."

The documents Manning (presumably) released included many diplomatic cables about Tunisia. It was this exposure of the decadence and corruption of the Tunisian autocracy that seems to have triggered the revolution there.

Maybe we need to rethink keeping some of this stuff secret in the first place.

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Great video. As for poor Bradley, he deserves a presidential pardon if he ever gets convicted. And as long as he is not convicted, why is he being locked up in solitary confinement and mistreated? Pinochet and Videla would have been proud of the USA today.
    TELL US WHERE YOU (USED TO) SWIM NAKED:
    http://www.justusboys.com/forum/thre...aked-at-school

Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

BULL FUCKING SHIT. He could have talked to a counselor and the counselor is REQUIRED to keep the discussions private regardless of DADT.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Rexx View Post

Manning has personal problems for which he could not get help or even confide in a friend because of DADT. Any other recruit could (and almost certainly would) have talked these problems out with his friends or even a counselor. Manning did not have that option. Unable to resolve these issues in a human way, Manning's problems finally found expression in extreme behavior.

When you treat people like crap, you get crappy behavior in return. The military has paid a price for its inability to accept homosexuals as normal human beings. Let's hope it learns a lesson from this.
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Lorea View Post
    Great video. As for poor Bradley, he deserves a presidential pardon if he ever gets convicted. And as long as he is not convicted, why is he being locked up in solitary confinement and mistreated? Pinochet and Videla would have been proud of the USA today.
    He won't get pardoned. He'll hang.

If they ask me to put the rope around his neck, I'd pay my own way to the facilities just to see him go "night night."
    "Rarely do we find men who willingly engage in hard solid thinking. There is an almost universal quest for easy answers and half-baked solutions. Nothing pains some people more than having to think.'' - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

JUB Addict
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by kallipolis View Post
    Manning exposed the total lack of security in The Army's communication network. Osama Bin Laden did not need assistance from Bradley Manning.

The Army's communications network security was so inadequate that a private soldier in the middle of the Iraqi desert could access State Department files, download them and then pass them to Wikileaks without suspicion on the part of Manning's supervisors.
    Except he was allowed to access certain files for his assignment. He just decided to use his access to look at things totally unrelated to it.
    I gather that access to State Department computer files, via The Army's communications networks has now been terminated. Better late, than never.

It is crystal clear that Manning has been demonstrating disturbed behaviour patterns, that even propelled his superior officers to recommend his discharge from The Army. Those recommendations were over ruled by more senior officers. Clearly The Army needed Manning's computer/analyst skills, and were prepared to overlook his disturbed personality.
    He wasn't disturbed.
    I have my doubts that Manning will be court-martialled if only to spare The Army severe embarrassment in its failure to sufficiently, and adequately protect the security of its communications networks.

If Manning is sentenced to a long term prison term, then so should several senior Army officers, who were ultimately responsible for the security of The Army's communications networks.
    He'll be court-marshalled, and he will spend the rest of his worthless life in prison.

JUB Addict
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Actually, Manning may be responsible for the "Arab Spring."

The documents Manning (presumably) released included many diplomatic cables about Tunisia. It was this exposure of the decadence and corruption of the Tunisian autocracy that seems to have triggered the revolution there.

Maybe we need to rethink keeping some of this stuff secret in the first place.
    That's totally laughable. Manning had nothing to do with that.

Bammer's Papa
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

^I believe that to spare The Army considerable embarrassment there is the prospect that Manning may be assessed as mentally incompetent to stand trial.

In my opinion Manning has done The Army a great service.

Just imagine the consequences had the Russians, Chinese or even Al Qaeda managed to successfully penetrate The Army's communication network as a result of such inadequate, even painfully poor security.
    Yes.

The computer labs at Oregon State University had better security than this! One thing that would have clued them in was that the supervisor could watch and see when files were being copied onto disc; if a large bloc of information was being moved, his screen flashed a warning.

And for class-specific files, you had to have a code from your professor, and sign in at the desk to indicate what programs you would be using.

Beyond that, it wasn't possible to reach into faculty or admin files without triggering an alarm.

Quote Originally Posted by EwanSF View Post
    Exposed your country as revolting human rights violators and hypocrites? And as if just to prove my point you're calling on the execution of someone that's clearly mentaly ill. Good to see where your priorities lie.
    At root LostLover is a bloodthirsty authoritarian.

Though it's not clear that Manning is mentally ill. OTOH, from the way they're treating him, he probably is by now. In fact, a psychologist I know said it looks to him that they're trying to get Manning determined to kill himself -- and then one day there will be a "mistake", and he'll have access to the means.

I reckon Mr.McKinnon should be rewarded with a cash bonus, and well paid consultancy with the United States Armed Forces to ensure that the security systems of the DOD are maintained at a level to deny hacking to America's enemies.
    That's been done before on lower levels than this. As an example, a hacker at OSU who managed to bypass the security software and get into admin files got a plea deal where he got a seven year prison sentence -- suspended as long as he worked at OSU "and associated institutions" upgrading their security. That was before what I described above! Friends now say their computer system security is tighter than a submarine hatch.

This, plus something else: how many gays did they throw out who had skills that were needed? Translators, communications techs, analysts, and almost certainly computer techs have been ditched out of bigotry. Without DADT, Manning would have been discharged the first time and not sucked back into the system.

For certain. No one did anything to inspire him, to generate loyalty, to make him feel part of a team. In an all-volunteer army that's still necessary; a military without esprit de corps is a military waiting to become corpses.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Lorea View Post
    Pardon? No. He did it, for whatever motive, and can't be allowed to forget that.

But presidents can also commute sentences. Were I president, I'd do that -- and put him to work. Anytime he wanted to quit, he could go back to the brig.

"Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

--Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

*the number is now forty

Bammer's Papa
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

That's totally laughable. Manning had nothing to do with that.
    Don't be so certain. The State Department as well as Tunisian dissidents admitted that material in what Manning passed to Wikileaks had a bearing on the views of the Tunisian regime and contributed to action.

But the pot was already brewing; the leaked material may have been just the straw that broke the camel's back -- of itself, hardly worth looking at, but on top of the rest, the beginning of an avalanche. Or it may have been reading one of those pieces that stirred an activist to say "Time to act", and started the ball rolling. It's one of those things we'll never know, most likely.

But to deny it played any part is ridiculous.

"Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

*the number is now forty

Bammer's Papa
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

To you bloodthirsty types calling for death or lifelong solitary or other imprisonment:

in a technical sense, what he did is arguably not treason. He didn't betray the country to any enemy, he didn't turn over information to some country to give it advantage. Those are the things that make for treason, but what Manning did was to release information to anyone listening/reading, including the U.S. It's as if a spy stole information and didn't just hand it to his employer, but mailed a copy to everyone -- including the ones he stole it from. He made it a level playing field: while the world can read what were U.S. secrets (and laugh at us for some of the things kept secret), the U.S. can see exactly what was released. Ultimately, that's why the Wikileaks release was a ripple, not a tsunami: when the enemy knows something and you don't know either what he knows or that he knows, there is betrayal, there is damage, there is major advantage; but when everyone knows, the advantage is gone.
    It's a new age as far as information; we need a new crime definition.

*the number is now forty

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

He wasn't disturbed.
    Um... all the evidence says otherwise.

Not excusing it by any means, he deserves a long prison sentence. But clearly he did have issues from the statements he made and the evaluating officers opinions.

JUB Addict
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by hotatlboi View Post
    Um... all the evidence says otherwise.

Not excusing it by any means, he deserves a long prison sentence. But clearly he did have issues from the statements he made and the evaluating officers opinions.
    Everyone has issues. But the issues he had doesn't absolve him or excuse his actions.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Everyone has issues. But the issues he had doesn't absolve him or excuse his actions.
    So basically you were just saying that he was not disturbed enough to warrant the insanity defense or something that would get him off. I do agree with that.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

BULL FUCKING SHIT. He could have talked to a counselor and the counselor is REQUIRED to keep the discussions private regardless of DADT.
    Apparently, you didn't read your comic book.

http://www.ep.tc/problems/38/15.html

http://www.ep.tc/problems/38/16.html

Military counselors (even military mental health professionals) reported (report) homosexuality under DADT when military patients seeking help confided (confide) such in them. Attempting to seek therapy for any problem in which a homosexual relationship is revealed could (and did) lead to discharge.

Bradly Manning could not get help for his problems because the military would not allow it. He could not even confide in a friend without risking discharge. None of the normal, human means by which we all seek comfort for the traumas of life was available to him.

When you treat people like crap, you get crappy behavior.

Bammer's Papa
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Apparently, you didn't read your comic book.

http://www.ep.tc/problems/38/15.html

http://www.ep.tc/problems/38/16.html

Military counselors (even military mental health professionals) reported (report) homosexuality under DADT when military patients seeking help confided (confide) such in them. Attempting to seek therapy for any problem in which a homosexual relationship is revealed could (and did) lead to discharge.

Bradly Manning could not get help for his problems because the military would not allow it. He could not even confide in a friend without risking discharge. None of the normal, human means by which we all seek comfort for the traumas of life was available to him.

When you treat people like crap, you get crappy behavior.
    About the only definitely confidential avenue would have been if he'd been able to talk with a Catholic (or similar) chaplain whose church recognizes the seal of the confessional, and made it a matter of confession. Priests/pastors who stand in such a tradition have proven sufficiently stubborn that the military doesn't even bother to try to break them.

Confidentiality with mental health professionals in the military is problematic, because the person seeking help is not the employer, the military is -- so the interaction is subject to rules set by the actual employer.

*the number is now forty

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

^ Some chaplains in the military have made news by refusing to consider marrying gay couples and agitating for the protection of anti-gay hate speech within the military.

And the Catholic church is officially anti-gay, so I'm not sure Manning would have felt comfortable approaching a priest. Even if he had, the vow of silence only applies to the confessional. I doubt that Manning was seeking to confess to the sin of homosexuality as a means of dealing with his problems.

In any case, chaplains and lawyers (the only people with whom Manning could have discussed his problems with even a hope of confidence) are not really appropriate substitutes for mental health professionals. With due respect to the chaplains and lawyers of the military, they're not necessarily even appropriate substitutes for friends.

Bammer's Papa
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

^ Some chaplains in the military have made news by refusing to consider marrying gay couples and agitating for the protection of anti-gay hate speech within the military.

And the Catholic church is officially anti-gay, so I'm not sure Manning would have felt comfortable approaching a priest. Even if he had, the vow of silence only applies to the confessional. I doubt that Manning was seeking to confess to the sin of homosexuality as a means of dealing with his problems.

In any case, chaplains and lawyers (the only people with whom Manning could have discussed his problems with even a hope of confidence) are not really appropriate substitutes for mental health professionals. With due respect to the chaplains and lawyers of the military, they're not necessarily even appropriate substitutes for friends.
    He wouldn't have to -- just, say, the sin of anger. That would allow talking about what the anger is about, and it's all under the seal. In fact, a good priest would suggest confession to someone plainly troubled, just to make the entire discussion confidential.

BTW, Rome does not call homosexuality a sin; if you try to confess that, you'll get corrected.

*the number is now forty

Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Bradley Manning: My Penis Made Me Do It

Did you guys (and gals) hear that Manning is going to use his sexuality as a defense? I heard that on the radio so I can't cite it. But this article is claiming that Bradley was queening it up or wanted to. And wanted to go by "Breanna." It's a pretty sad day when a gay man/woman has to use his/her sexuality to explain a crime.

He's the younger version of Larry Craig. Do you remember the first thing he said at his press conference after his arrest for soliciting sex in an airport bathroom? "I am not gay." Grandpa and "Breanna", being gay isn't a crime.

Ps: I told BearDaddy that Manning looked like a drag queen when this story first broke. My hunch is never wrong.

My iPad having issues with posting links. Here's the link again, from Der Spiegel. http://m.spiegel.de/international/world/a-775053.html

Peek A Boo
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Re: Bradley Manning: My Penis Made Me Do It

What an embarrassment to the military and just when DADT is on the way out too.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I would be more embarrassed if I was fucking traitor to my country and I was such a coward I would blame it on a portion of humanity that is controversial to say the least. This demonizes gay men. it does nothing to insult the military. He is essentially saying that he did it because he is gay. That is how it will be boiled down IF he fights his case with that illogical line of defense.

He is an oxygen thief.

Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I would be more embarrassed if I was fucking traitor to my country and I was such a coward I would blame it on a portion of humanity that is controversial to say the least. This demonizes gay men. it does nothing to insult the military. He is essentially saying that he did it because he is gay. That is how it will be boiled down IF he fights his case with that illogical line of defense.

He is an oxygen thief.
    He really is no different than Larry Craig. But at least Craig didn't sell out his country to some creepy narcissist. Craig also had a beard, I mean wife, to protect.

Why is so much attention paid to his sexuality too? Why do I know he's gay? Gay groups are really doing the gay community a disservice by backing this traitor.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Why do I know he's gay? Gay groups are really doing the gay community a disservice by backing this traitor.

Actually, he identified as trans. He met a well-known transgendered geek off of Youtube, and she agreed to release their conversations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Entity View Post
    "PLACE MY GENETALIA IN THE THING YOU EAT AND BREATH WITH, OMG TRY TO EAT IT WITHOUT USING YOUR TEETH!! AHHH" *cums everywhere*

Banned
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Why is the USA again defying international law regarding this prisoner? Why does the US demand other countries live up to the very law they trample over? It's disgusting! Bradley Manning is innocent until proven guilty. If the US had such an airtight case against him why do they continue to violate law regarding his rights? Obama is no better than Bush.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Intl law is set by precedent. The precedent is that we do what we please. Get over it.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Oh and the reason he hasnt been tried and most likely imprisoned for life is because of the publicity surrounding his traitorous act.

You are a fan and proponent of Asian countries. Just for a second estimate what they would do with a traitor. Never mind how they handle drug smugglers. No i am not making it about them either. However crying about a little traitor who was on suicide treatment because he said he was gonna kill himself and then used the lack of materials provided for his safety to make a case he was being violated just to drive publicity.... it is a sick twist of reality and someone as smart as you should be capable of realizing when your being snowed.

Banned
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Intl law is set by precedent. The precedent is that we do what we please. Get over it.
    Thanks for being honest. I hope no one, ever, never, bitches about legal treatment in any other country that violates international law that Americans choose to whine about in the future. Again, he is not a traitor as he is still innocent until proven guilty.

It's pretty interesting to read a few articles outside of US lamestream media.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/...775053,00.html

http://www.examiner.com/human-rights...ndings-exposed

http://www.theatlantic.com/technolog...leaker/241920/

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Well, I'm Asian Indian & I agree with JayHawk.

Bradley Manning is a TRAITOR to the United States and deserves whatever he gets. He compromised the safety of our troops abroad by leaking government data & documents. He's actually lucky how he's been treated thus far, for a man who committed treason against the United States.

And regardless of whether he's gay or transgendered, Bradley Manning is a thorn on the side of repealing DADT. A lot of the right-wing websites are using Bradley Manning as an example of what will happen when the ban on open gays in the military is finally dropped.

The fact that Code Pink is rallying for Bradley Manning speaks a ton. Code Pink marched this year during the L.A. gay pride parade with "Free Bradley Manning" signs. We all know that Code Pink is anti-military. For years, (and probably even now) the Berkeley City Council gave them reserved parking in front of the U.S. Marine Recruiting office in Berkeley, where the Code Pink people harassed the Marines working there everyday, calling them "murderers" & "war criminals."

Banned
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Funny, I remember the same condemnation of Richard Jewell for bombing the Atlanta Olympics, which he was innocent of. If the US has such an airtight case why do they refuse to let him meet with lawyers and UN monitors without recording it as is the right of American citizens?

Orientation
    Gay
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

He is a traitor. He put lives at risk.

its hard to excuse that for any reason, or feel pity for that. He would not be where he is if he had not made the choices he made.

And he did make them. You don't pass around secret documents as a serviceman by accident, and then go... oh wait.. was that treason????

He knew what he was doing and if it was for some cause of his, let him pull a mandela and sit in prison knowing he did the right thing.

The cavalry wont be charging in to save Mr Manning.
    http://www.justusboys.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic345672_2.gif

We're gonna sit down and have ourselves a drink! And after we're done - after *I'm* done, you can run upstairs and take whichever one of them little pills makes you feel the best~Dolores Claiborne

JUB Addict
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by MoltenRock III View Post
    Funny, I remember the same condemnation of Richard Jewell for bombing the Atlanta Olympics, which he was innocent of. If the US has such an airtight case why do they refuse to let him meet with lawyers and UN monitors without recording it as is the right of American citizens?
    Please MRIII. There is plenty of proof he did it. As a matter of fact, whether he actually did it isn't even up for debate any more; what's up for debate is whether what he is claiming are the reasons for it are actually true.

JUB Addict
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Why is the USA again defying international law regarding this prisoner? Why does the US demand other countries live up to the very law they trample over? It's disgusting! Bradley Manning is innocent until proven guilty. If the US had such an airtight case against him why do they continue to violate law regarding his rights? Obama is no better than Bush.
    What international law is being violated?

Banned
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by BostonPirate View Post
    He is a traitor. He put lives at risk.

its hard to excuse that for any reason, or feel pity for that. He would not be where he is if he had not made the choices he made.

And he did make them. You don't pass around secret documents as a serviceman by accident, and then go... oh wait.. was that treason????

He knew what he was doing and if it was for some cause of his, let him pull a mandela and sit in prison knowing he did the right thing.

The cavalry wont be charging in to save Mr Manning.
    You can't be championing the whistleblowing being carried out on Murdoch on one hand and yet condemning whistle blowing of illegal activities, and innocent people being tortured by the American govt on the other hand, otherwise you're being intellectually dishonest.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/...20077841.shtml

Banned
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

What international law is being violated?
    See the 2nd link I provided above.

Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by Nomenclature View Post
    Actually, he identified as trans. He met a well-known transgendered geek off of Youtube, and she agreed to release their conversations.
    Again, why do I know about this? Doesn't he have straight friends? Why is everything associated with Manning about him being gay, a traitor, a leaker and him being gay again? Richard Simmons is known for being an aerobics instructor first and then for his short shorts. Manning is just known for being a gay lying gay guy.

He's so gay. He's a gay American. A gay soldier. A gay hacker. A gay traitor. Gay. Gay. Gay.

Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Even though military tribunals have different rules, I agree he's been held too long without a trial. There instead should have been swift justice.

I believe Manning would have escaped the country though while the USA was building its case against him, like Roman Polanski.

JUB Addict
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

You can't be championing the whistleblowing being carried out on Murdoch on one hand and yet condemning whistle blowing of illegal activities, and innocent people being tortured by the American govt on the other hand, otherwise you're being intellectually dishonest.

He didn't whistle-blow. He grabbed random data and turned it over to a third party. He had no idea what he took, and no idea how to sift through it. He's a coward.

Orientation
    Gay
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Again. If it is all so pretty clear and obvious. What the heck are they doing with him? If they have all the proof - where is the trial? Why isn't he sentenced already?
    Check out my very own Body Hair Lovers and Photography Groups!

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Anybody here recognize the name Daniel Ellsburg? Ever hear about the Pentagon Papers?

My initial reaction to this story was that Manning should be prosecuted. I've changed my mind, I think he has done the world a favor. Governments, ours included, always do sneaky, improper, often illegal, things. Disclosure of this misdeeds is like putting ointment on a wound. It keeps democracy healthy.

Incidentally, LL, I didn't see anything in your links suggesting that Manning claims that his sexual orientation had anything to do with his actions.
    Last edited by palemale; July 19th, 2011 at 04:27 AM. Reason: added text

On the Prowl

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I believe it is only a matter of time before Manning is awarded the Nobel Peace prize. The US will then be in the rather unique position of sentencing a Nobel Peace prize winner to a lengthy prison sentence... not a good look.

Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by palemale View Post
    Anybody here recognize the name Daniel Ellsburg? Ever hear about the Pentagon Papers?

My initial reaction to this story was that Manning should be prosecuted. I've changed my mind, I think he has done the world a favor. Governments, ours included, always do sneaky, improper, often illegal, things. Disclosure of this misdeeds is like putting ointment on a wound. It keeps democracy healthy.

Incidentally, LL, I didn't see anything in your links suggesting that Manning claims that his sexual orientation had anything to do with his actions.
    There have been links posted by Manning's supporters and lawyers referring to his sexuality issues (at the ripe age of 23 too ). They've hinted that since he wasn't in his right mind, his disregard for his country should be overlooked.

This sounds just like Jared Loughner, except there's a paper trail and no doubt coming from anyone concerning Loughner's mental state. He will he executed. And Manning sure as hell better be executed as well.

Let me add too that these leaks have had little if any value outside of maybe the videos released from Iraq of a journalist's death. The rest has been petty gossip. Manning just has buyer's leaker's remorse.

One troubling new trend is people doing something they know is illegal and the complaining afterwards about the consequences. Teachers in Atlanta were caught boosting students' test scores and are just SHOCKED they're being fired... Seriously, to them and Manning? I guess their well beings were at stake if students didn't perform well because of "No Child Left Behind." But not Manning's.

Orientation
    Gay
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

no not really.

The men in the military know what is expected of them when they sign on. If they don't they are informed once they are there.

If manning were a private citizen, It would be the same as the murdoch case.

This is a distinction that I really think people are not absorbing. It was his job to keep those secrets safe, not pass judgement on what they contain. The function of oversight rests within the civilian branch of the government and the media, not a desk clerk. There are no documents there that the heads of Both political parties did not have access to, if they had wanted to review them, and it was their responsibility to do so to make sure that laws are followed.

Unfortunately we have a broken legislature and that is not happening. As ugly a prospect as that is, I do not believe that the answer is to put traitorous activity on a pedestal OR encourage others within to do the same.

I think finding a way to make the system in place work better is a more appropriate response than praising treason.
    http://www.justusboys.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic345672_2.gif

We're gonna sit down and have ourselves a drink! And after we're done - after *I'm* done, you can run upstairs and take whichever one of them little pills makes you feel the best~Dolores Claiborne

JUB Addict
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by nondescript View Post
    I believe it is only a matter of time before Manning is awarded the Nobel Peace prize. The US will then be in the rather unique position of sentencing a Nobel Peace prize winner to a lengthy prison sentence... not a good look.
    Peace prize? We don't know yet whether his actions had a cost in human life. No one is deserving of the peace prize if they don't even consider the consequences of their actions. Considering what a coward he is, that he didn't even understand what it was he was stealing, he's not deserving of anything.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Bradley Manning plead guilty today.

Now can we shoot him?

Bradley Manning dropped from SF Pride

He was selected to be a Grand Marshall, in absentia, but was quickly dropped by Lisa Williams after .... erm 'political pressure'.
    I have to say this is a complete disgrace. Bradley Manning is an American hero.

Williams proclaimed that "Manning will not be a grand marshal in this year's San Francisco Pride celebration" and termed his selection "a mistake". She blamed it all on a "staff person" who prematurely made the announcement based on a preliminary vote, and she assures us all that the culprit "has been disciplined": disciplined. She then accuses Manning of "actions which placed in harms way the lives of our men and women in uniform": a substance-free falsehood originally spread by top US military officials which has since been decisively and extensively debunked, even by some government officials (indeed, it's the US government itself, not Manning, that is guilty of "actions which placed in harms way the lives of our men and women in uniform"). And then, in my favorite part of her statement, Williams decreed to all organization members that "even the hint of support" for Manning's action - even the hint - "will not be tolerated by the leadership of San Francisco Pride". Will not be tolerated.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...g-sf-gay-pride

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Re: Bradley Manning dropped from SF Pride

Maybe but to many members of the military,he's considered a traitor, and that includes many LGBT members.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Re: Bradley Manning dropped from SF Pride

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja108 View Post
    Maybe but to many members of the military,he's considered a traitor, and that includes many LGBT members.
    Sorta the only way to look at it