JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

remove these banner ads by becoming a JUB Supporter.

View Poll Results: Favorite Madonna Album

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Madonna

    3 3.95%
  • Like A Virgin

    2 2.63%
  • True Blue

    8 10.53%
  • Like A Prayer

    15 19.74%
  • I'm Breathless/Whos That Girl/Cant Stop

    1 1.32%
  • Immaculate Collection/GHV2

    12 15.79%
  • Erotica

    9 11.84%
  • Bedtime Stories

    6 7.89%
  • Something To Remember

    3 3.95%
  • Ray Of Light

    17 22.37%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 80 of 100 FirstFirst ... 7579808185 ... LastLast
Results 3,951 to 4,000 of 4963
  1. #3951
    Is the King of JUB Beachguyj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Near Fort Bottomdale
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    7,222

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by GiancarloC View Post
    I think Gaga could be a lot like Tina Turner actually... but we will see... I'm personally not to emotionally invested as I'm not a die hard fan.

    .
    Gaga's problem is that her second album wasn't as good as her first. It happens a lot. At least Gaga is still hungry to make a long lasting name for herself in show business. Also she is relying on costumes and staging instead of her singing talent. You get the right producers and songwriters and your second album could be really good like Madonna's was. By the way I loved Madonna's first album, the only song I like by Gaga is Paparazzi.
    In his autumn, before the winter, comes man's last mad surge of youth

  2. #3952
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by Beachguyj View Post
    Gaga's problem is that her second album wasn't as good as her first. It happens a lot. At least Gaga is still hungry to make a long lasting name for herself in show business. Also she is relying on costumes and staging instead of her singing talent. You get the right producers and songwriters and your second album could be really good like Madonna's was. By the way I loved Madonna's first album, the only song I like by Gaga is Paparazzi.
    I think Gaga'r personal drive is what matters. I did like Born This Way... more then her first album but it was just me. I like how she did try different styles on her Born This Way album... especially with Brian May being included on You And I. She's willing to try new things... that's what I give her credit for.

  3. #3953
    Porn Star MrMojoRisin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    446

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Official MADONNA Discussion Thread!

    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLX5Mf8dZLM&list=PLB1965E7E81189C94&index= 49&feature=plpp_video[/ame]
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BBPcgy1mvo&feature=bf_next&list=PLB1965E7 E81189C94&lf=plpp_video[/ame]

  4. #3954
    Sex God Rubber Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Nashville
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    853

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by MascutarHero View Post
    I like Nicki MInaj even though all she does is babble lmao
    as for Madonna, I don't think she's too old to be doing this, I just think she isn't creative....
    Agreed about Madonna but I think Minaj is horrible. Absolutely no talent. She sounds like a fucking idiot who has had too much coffee.

  5. #3955
    Huntneo(PT)
    Guest

    Re: The Official MADONNA Discussion Thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalFudge View Post
    The Synths in Girls Gone Wild

    uh oh.

    Is that good or bad?

  6. #3956
    ...and I'm not sorry JUB Friend Soilwork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    City of Angels
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married
    Posts
    23,138
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by StarCrasher View Post
    Hmm, so you're not only prejudiced against "old" people (50+), but you're also prejudiced against the mentally-challenged as well. That's so lame. One day you will be old. And as for mentally-challenged, well ...
    My husband is 50.

    And he too would look silly jumping up and down in a cheerleader uniform.

    Mind you, that's because he's a Mui Thai kick boxer but still...

    And as far as being mentally challenged... you were the one who couldn't get a pretty obvious joke about Nicky Minaj.
    Gentlemen.... Thank you.

  7. #3957
    Already Gone BreakTheIce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,518

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by GiancarloC View Post
    No she didn't... great statistical manipulation. You could become a politician. Katy Perry's Teenage Dream sold 5.5 million world wide, versus Lady Gaga selling 8.5 million. You can look at singles, but lets look at the bigger picture... overall album sales. Lady Gaga's Born this Way has sold 8.5 million world wide, outpacing overall sales.

    Manipulate statistics all you want, but you're still wrong. Selling 3 million less albums doesn't mean that she spanked Gaga in sales.

    And Teenage Dream was crap too on top that... one of the worst albums I've heard up there with Pink Friday by Minaj.
    I fail to see where it says that Teenage Dream's worldwide sales are only at 5.5 million. I have taken these certifications from wiki. So I'm not "manipulating" anything but it is a known fact that UK, US, and Australia are pretty big markets for music.

    Assuming you are right

    Album sales = Lady GaGa wins by 3 million.
    Singles sales = Katy Perry sold over 28 million copies of her singles from Teenage Dream, GaGa at best is at what? 10-12?

    When it comes down to it, Katy Perry has WAY better sales than Lady Gaga. The industry has shifted more towards single sales than album sales over the past few years. From 2006 - 2010 the best selling album in the US never even managed to sell 4 million copies but you could easily see singles going 4 x Platinum and beyond in the US alone.

    And Katy Perry's radio domination is proven by the milestones she's achieved from Teenage Dream. She is the first female artist and second artist overall ever in history to have 5 singles from 1 album reach the #1 position on the Billboard Hot 100. Her 6th single topped the pop chart making her the only artist to have 6 singles off 1 album top the pop charts, and it peaked at an impressive #3 on the Billboard Hot 100 even after its parent album had been out for over a year. GaGa's latest single didn't even reach the top 10 and her album is still less than a year old in the market.

    Katy Perry also holds the record for the longest number of consecutive weeks in the Billboard Hot 100's Top 10, 69 consecutive weeks. She also has a record 71 week top 10 Airplay chart streak, which proves my point that she's way more successful in sales than GaGa.

  8. #3958
    JUB Addict
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Carson
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    3,868

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by Beachguyj View Post
    She can't sang. She can sing well enough in a recording studio to release a decent album. She's a better singer than Janet or Britney. She's written some very good songs in the past. She's not Mariah, Whitney or Celine when it comes to singing.
    Okay, you leave Janet out of this. Pretty much anyone is a better singer than Britney, but Janet has no problem holding her own.

  9. #3959
    Huntneo(PT)
    Guest

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    to Beachguy:




    ...but seriously, I can somewhat see where you're coming from. As a Madonna fan, I am a bit disappointed in the music she's been putting out in the past five years or so. I just wish she'd stop these desperate attempts at being current and 'hip'. She made a lot of her best music when she was doing her own thing and not giving a fuck about trying to be so mainstream. She's definitely trying too hard now, and it's showing. "GMAYL" would be alright for Avril Lavigne, but not Madonna. I keep hoping one day she'll do something as magnificent as Ray of Light again, but I lose that hope each time she releases a new album. Its like a mid-life crisis-strive-to-stay-with-the-young-and-current-music-crowd bullshit. Nauseating...

    but she's one of my idols, and I have so much respect for her because of what her music has done for me. So I keep giving her chances.

    I'm hoping desperately that there will be a few gems on this album. William Orbit, I'm fucking counting on you!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelFromAbove View Post
    Pretty much anyone is a better singer than Britney
    LOL!

    You're so wrong for that.

  10. #3960
    StarCrasher
    Guest

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by Soilwork View Post
    And as far as being mentally challenged... you were the one who couldn't get a pretty obvious joke about Nicky Minaj.
    Repeat from an earlier post . . . How was I supposed to know you really didn't take a piss behind a Taco Bell in an ally? Because you're vegan? That's doesn't make any sense. Vegans just don't consume animal products. There's nothing that stipulates where they can and cannot pee. Besides, according to this vegan website, there is a whole list of vegan items available at Taco Bell ... http://www.veganeatingout.com/taco-bell/

    Quote Originally Posted by penayforay View Post
    I was referring to this line Soilwork.
    I was assuming part of the basis of your "humor"/reason why we should know said line was a joke was because you're a vegan (are you?)
    and that vegans don't eat at Taco Bell.

    also the retarded line is particularly rich given that you equated not being to recognize a joke (which is perfectly possible on forums) with not being able to recognize a "shitty" song.

    and to whoever still going off about Madonna's vocal ability. Her live stuff is still a heck of a lot better than a lot of pop artists.
    and if you think pop is all about vocal ability...well clearly you don't understand what pop is.
    That's right.

  11. #3961
    ...and I'm not sorry JUB Friend Soilwork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    City of Angels
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married
    Posts
    23,138
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    You're supposed to know because it was wrapped in a freakishly obvious joke about Nicky Minaj being compared to the sludge you would find dripping out of the garbage at a fast food taco place.

    And instead of either getting the joke or even taking it seriously... You took it as a chance to slag off the porn maker for making porn.

    On a porn site.

    I now go back to the "madonna fans are retarded" portion of our broadcast.
    Gentlemen.... Thank you.

  12. #3962
    StarCrasher
    Guest

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by Soilwork View Post
    You're supposed to know because it was wrapped in a freakishly obvious joke about Nicky Minaj being compared to the sludge you would find dripping out of the garbage at a fast food taco place.

    And instead of either getting the joke or even taking it seriously... You took it as a chance to slag off the porn maker for making porn.

    On a porn site.

    I now go back to the "madonna fans are retarded" portion of our broadcast.
    Ever consider that maybe you're just not funny?

  13. #3963
    Reality goggles required Spiff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,691

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Obviously the song is her answer to the midlife crisis she is experiencing. She would sell her soul to once again have the youth that Gaga now has.

  14. #3964
    ...and I'm not sorry JUB Friend Soilwork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    City of Angels
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married
    Posts
    23,138
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by StarCrasher View Post
    Ever consider that maybe you're just not funny?
    Considering how popular my stand up shows are?

    No, not really.

    Ever consider that you're just not very bright?
    Gentlemen.... Thank you.

  15. #3965
    Once Again Given Flesh. MoufOfKhaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    9,466
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    If I tell a metalhead why Morbid Angel's new CD(or single) just plain sucks(picking on them because the last CD they put out... was abysmal and I still won't listen to it end to end - and I fucking PAID for it), usually I compare the latest CD(or single) to some of their former things, and go from there. And they get it - or they at least listen to the back catalog if they haven't before and form their own opinion.

    If I tell a pop-listener why Madonna's new song just plain sucks, usually I compare it to past singles she has put out, and I go from there(I can't compare CDs - I don't own any). And then I get things like numbers, the buying public, the fact that it's number 1 on the charts, the fact that she's on TV performing it, that it's getting "the most views", "the most airtime", she's compared up and down and around to other people that she may be trying to catch up to and be like or who want to be like her, her career is still active so that must mean only good, and all sorts of other things.

    Say what you will about hipsters(and i've said a LOT of negative things myself), but they're at least smart enough to stay away from the mainstream dick length battles(even if it's because they'll come up short all the time - oh look, another bad thing about hipsters ).
    "As anarchism rears its face,

    They are answered by an iron fist..."

  16. #3966
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by BreakTheIce View Post
    I fail to see where it says that Teenage Dream's worldwide sales are only at 5.5 million. I have taken these certifications from wiki. So I'm not "manipulating" anything but it is a known fact that UK, US, and Australia are pretty big markets for music.
    I'm taking this from overall sales worldwide. Lady Gaga has wide appeal in various countries, including in Asian countries (such as Japan). And I got my numbers from wikipedia too.

    Album sales = Lady GaGa wins by 3 million.
    Singles sales = Katy Perry sold over 28 million copies of her singles from Teenage Dream, GaGa at best is at what? 10-12?
    Ultimately album sales are far more important.

    When it comes down to it, Katy Perry has WAY better sales than Lady Gaga. The industry has shifted more towards single sales than album sales over the past few years. From 2006 - 2010 the best selling album in the US never even managed to sell 4 million copies but you could easily see singles going 4 x Platinum and beyond in the US alone.
    Not really. When looking at overall sales, the album matters. The overall album sales matter more then single sales.

    And Katy Perry's radio domination is proven by the milestones she's achieved from Teenage Dream. She is the first female artist and second artist overall ever in history to have 5 singles from 1 album reach the #1 position on the Billboard Hot 100. Her 6th single topped the pop chart making her the only artist to have 6 singles off 1 album top the pop charts, and it peaked at an impressive #3 on the Billboard Hot 100 even after its parent album had been out for over a year. GaGa's latest single didn't even reach the top 10 and her album is still less than a year old in the market.
    I don't really hear Katy Perry on the radio anymore honestly. You can keep distorting and twisting statistics, but it's not really hleping your case here.

    Katy Perry also holds the record for the longest number of consecutive weeks in the Billboard Hot 100's Top 10, 69 consecutive weeks. She also has a record 71 week top 10 Airplay chart streak, which proves my point that she's way more successful in sales than GaGa.
    So? That doesn't mean she is more popular then Gaga. And sales wise, Gaga is still better with overall album sales (which matters more, and is a bigger money maker).

    Katy Perry is just a lame Gaga knock-off. And her album downright sucks. If she is so "successful", why is she always trying to do what Gaga is doing? Trying to dress differently? I don't think Gaga is original (neither is Madonna), but Katy Perry is a complete copycat. And her album sales were quite dismal overall.

  17. #3967
    ...and I'm not sorry JUB Friend Soilwork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    City of Angels
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married
    Posts
    23,138
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by MoufOfKhaos View Post
    If I tell a pop-listener why Madonna's new song just plain sucks, usually I compare it to past singles she has put out, and I go from there(I can't compare CDs - I don't own any). And then I get things like numbers, the buying public, the fact that it's number 1 on the charts, the fact that she's on TV performing it, that it's getting "the most views", "the most airtime", she's compared up and down and around to other people that she may be trying to catch up to and be like or who want to be like her, her career is still active so that must mean only good, and all sorts of other things.
    Well and that's the problem with die-hard pop music fans.

    They only like it because they're told to like it by that big info box in their living room that also tells them to eat at McDonald's.

    They don't care whether a song is "good" or not, they care if it "sold better than Gaga" or "had higher chart position for longer and has more "likes" on Facebook.

    I actually had someone send me a very angry, lengthly PM accusing me of being "stupid" because I slagged off Nicky Minaj and, he insisted, that I was wrong since "she has 5 million fans and Britney has 7 million... and Britney has been around a lot longer and so you could say that Nicky is getting big faster and...." and then ranted on about how he bet that none of my favorite bands had X-number of "fans."

    When I asked him about where he was getting "fan" counts, he cited "likes" on Facebook. And then said "and it's the number 1 social media site in the whole world, LOL, and everyone and his dog has a Facebook page and so it indicates just how many fans there are in the world."

    You can't really argue with pop music fans who think that the measure of a good album is how much it sold.

    And yeah, the new Morbid Angel album was pretty weak.
    Gentlemen.... Thank you.

  18. #3968
    Suck my dick, Scalia! FuryOfFirestorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Edgewater, FL
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    2,215
    Blog Entries
    4

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Look, if an artist's song is bad, then all the "albums sales", "#1 singles", "ticket sales" and "biggest groupie gang-bang" records aren't going to change it into a good song. Even Speilburg and Coppola made clunkers.

    I like Maddy, but this song and video reeks of "trying too hard to keep up with Katy Perry". What happened to the Material Girl that did her own thing and did it effortlessly, before the Kabbalah and fake English accent?

  19. #3969
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    What I notice in many arguments about pop music is that people often rely on popularity for who is best (or twisted statistics for that matter). It's not about quality... and it never has been a quality based argument... and even I will say this as I do like some pop music. It's always about numbers and statistical manipulation (taking certifications from some countries and not others lol).

  20. #3970
    Already Gone BreakTheIce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,518

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by GiancarloC View Post
    Ultimately album sales are far more important.
    lol?

    Since when was this the case? Talk about being political, let's not make rules here and implement them on other people's posts.



  21. #3971
    Huntneo(PT)
    Guest

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiff View Post
    Obviously the song is her answer to the midlife crisis she is experiencing.
    LMAO...I somewhat agree with you there.

    I just hope she gets over this shit real quick.


    Quote Originally Posted by Spiff View Post
    She would sell her soul to once again have the youth that Gaga now has.
    oh geez...can we please just have one Madonna thread where that..."individual" is not brought up. dammit...

    People do all this talk about how Madonna and Gaga shouldn't be pitted against one another, etc. etc. yet as soon as one is mentioned, the other's name is dropped. They are NOT one in the same. Never will be. The sooner people realize and accept that--the better.

    no offense to Gaga fans, but fuck Lady Gaga. She has her own thread(s) here on JUB. Keep her there.

    I agree that Madonna probably is holding on to her youth for dear life, but please don't make this about Gaga.

  22. #3972
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by BreakTheIce View Post
    lol?

    Since when was this the case? Talk about being political, let's not make rules here and implement them on other people's posts.


    Since when what you were arguing was the case? You don't take overall sales. You only rely on a few countries. It's one thing to rely on popularity as being better (sounds like a high schoolish argument)... it's another to mix up the statistics.

  23. #3973
    On the Prowl ohmygoshjosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Brighton
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    142

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    I like the song.

    Sure, its not going to be remembered as one of the greatest songs of all time but how many songs from 2011/2012 will be? You can't expect her to put out a Ray of Light or Like a Prayer every time she releases an album.

  24. #3974
    Huntneo(PT)
    Guest

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by ohmygoshjosh View Post
    You can't expect her to put out a Ray of Light or Like a Prayer every time she releases an album.
    Oh my gosh...Josh, how I wish she would. lol

    I need to join a "Fans who need to accept that Madonna will never release another album like ray of light-" support group.

  25. #3975
    Already Gone BreakTheIce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,518

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by GiancarloC View Post
    Since when what you were arguing was the case? You don't take overall sales. You only rely on a few countries. It's one thing to rely on popularity as being better (sounds like a high schoolish argument)... it's another to mix up the statistics.
    I'm relying on the biggest markets like any normal person would

  26. #3976
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by BreakTheIce View Post
    I'm relying on the biggest markets like any normal person would
    Funny how you missed out on Asia, including Japan, which is a huge market... just doesn't fit your argument. Teenage Dream was a flop in Japan. It didn't do well in Germany, Italy or Brazil. Lady Gaga's album was Platinum in Italy, 3X Platinum in Japan, 2x Platinum in Brazil. Though Taiwan is smaller, Gaga had a 10X Platinum certification there.

    Gaga has far more reach into Asia, and continental Europe then Katy Perry.

    If you're going to talk about statistics, please don't leave out entire regions because it's just convenient for you.

    And now you're insulting me saying I'm not normal? Bravo.

  27. #3977
    JUB Addict FanofFiction's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married (to a man)
    Posts
    4,337

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    This is by no means in my Madonna Top Ten list... But I do rather enjoy the song and understand SOME of the criticism. Unfortunately, from what I've read... here... a lot of the issues with the song is that thet artist is too old or has mummy hands?

    That's shallow and vain. And it reinforces the negative stereotype about the gay community being youth obsessed. Would the song be somehow better if Madonna was still 24? Two specific posts stick out which actually say yes to that question.

    I also looked at some of the posters' other posts and to my absolute shock discovered that they are just little monsters that rip on Madonna no matter what she does. That's rather petty, isn't it? I didn't start of explode a thread about how much I didn't like Gaga's last single... because that's immature. And to be fair, I even sort of enjoyed one of her recent singles EVEN THOUGH I'm a Madonna fan. That's just crazy.

    That said... this song is generic, and less entertaining than the Confessions album. But I do think it's better than (almost) everything on Hard Candy. Does it deserve a thread to praise or attack it? Honestly, the song is too bland for either.

  28. #3978
    Already Gone BreakTheIce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,518

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by GiancarloC View Post
    Funny how you missed out on Asia, including Japan, which is a huge market... just doesn't fit your argument. Teenage Dream was a flop in Japan. It didn't do well in Germany, Italy or Brazil. Lady Gaga's album was Platinum in Italy, 3X Platinum in Japan, 2x Platinum in Brazil. Though Taiwan is smaller, Gaga had a 10X Platinum certification there.

    Gaga has far more reach into Asia, and continental Europe then Katy Perry.

    If you're going to talk about statistics, please don't leave out entire regions because it's just convenient for you.

    And now you're insulting me saying I'm not normal? Bravo.
    I never said that actually, and I wasn't even aware that Japan was a major market since the number of copies you need to sell to be certified platinum there is quite low actually. Also still waiting on your source to verify Teenage Dream sold 5.5?

    Your argument about album sales generating more money isn't true either because albums are usually priced differently just to sell more copies. For example, Born This Way sold over 1 million copies in its first week in the US, but part of the reason it was able to do so was because it was sold at just $0.99 at Amazon, a major retailer.

    If you look at the bigger picture, assuming you are right about sales, look at the copies sold by both artists of their album and singles. Lady GaGa hasn't even doubled Katy's album sales, but Katy has more than doubled GaGa's singles sales. Numbers do not lie.

    And the chart records set by Katy prove that she is much more relevant on radio, otherwise her singles wouldn't have done as well as they did. Just because you don't hear her on the radio doesn't mean she's not playing.

    Oh and, Billboard statistics this week

    On the Billboard 200:

    Teenage Dream - #68, been on chart for 76 weeks.
    Born This Way - #65, been on chart for 37 weeks.

    Teenage Dream has been out more than twice as long as Born This Way and is still very close to it on the chart, means is selling just a few thousand copies less than Born This Way.


    On the Billboard Hot 100:

    The One That Got Away - #14, been on chart for 17 weeks.
    Marry the Night - no longer on the Hot 100

    Lady GaGa's single isn't even on the top 100 singles out in the market today.

    Who's dominating radio now? Looks like Katy gonna beat GaGa in 2012 too woohoo

  29. #3979
    Is the King of JUB Beachguyj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Near Fort Bottomdale
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    7,222

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    F C K Madonna

    I hide my mummy hands and yes I'm really old

    F C K Madonna












    I love how guys clutch their pearls and get their panties in a bunch so easily.
    In his autumn, before the winter, comes man's last mad surge of youth

  30. #3980
    tombastep
    Guest

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    People like different stufff, it makes me so angry!!!!

  31. #3981
    Is the King of JUB Beachguyj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Near Fort Bottomdale
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    7,222

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by tombastep View Post
    People like different stufff, it makes me so angry!!!!
    Yeah, it would be great if we all liked the same stuff.
    In his autumn, before the winter, comes man's last mad surge of youth

  32. #3982
    Once Again Given Flesh. MoufOfKhaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    9,466
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by Beachguyj View Post
    I love how guys clutch their pearls and get their panties in a bunch so easily.
    Like the guy that made a fake song about Madonna?
    "As anarchism rears its face,

    They are answered by an iron fist..."

  33. #3983
    Huntneo(PT)
    Guest

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by Beachguyj View Post
    I love how guys clutch their pearls and get their panties in a bunch so easily.
    LOL! you are one evil person.

  34. #3984
    Is the King of JUB Beachguyj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Near Fort Bottomdale
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    7,222

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntneo(PT) View Post
    LOL! you are one evil person.
    In his autumn, before the winter, comes man's last mad surge of youth

  35. #3985
    Is the King of JUB Beachguyj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Near Fort Bottomdale
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    7,222

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by MoufOfKhaos View Post
    Like the guy that made a fake song about Madonna?
    I love that guy, he's the best.

    and were they fake? Rumor has it that they were leaked demos by her staff.
    In his autumn, before the winter, comes man's last mad surge of youth

  36. #3986
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    w
    Quote Originally Posted by BreakTheIce View Post
    I never said that actually, and I wasn't even aware that Japan was a major market since the number of copies you need to sell to be certified platinum there is quite low actually. Also still waiting on your source to verify Teenage Dream sold 5.5?
    No... Japan is a major market, and the platinum certification isn't low.

    I got the information about Teenage Dream selling 5.5 million from the same source you are using. Wikipedia. It's cited. You're still using fallacious statistics to back up your argument... which is wrong.

    Your argument about album sales generating more money isn't true either because albums are usually priced differently just to sell more copies. For example, Born This Way sold over 1 million copies in its first week in the US, but part of the reason it was able to do so was because it was sold at just $0.99 at Amazon, a major retailer.
    Actually that doesn't account for most of the sales in the US to begin with. I can't believe are still going back to that $.99 sale excuse.

    If you look at the bigger picture, assuming you are right about sales, look at the copies sold by both artists of their album and singles. Lady GaGa hasn't even doubled Katy's album sales, but Katy has more than doubled GaGa's singles sales. Numbers do not lie.
    Singles don't matter in the bigger picture and aren't a big money maker as compared to overall album sales. It's just obvious math. And then you say Japan isn't a big market... seriously? Many of the top stars go to Japan and among the younger population pop stars are immensely popular.

    And the chart records set by Katy prove that she is much more relevant on radio, otherwise her singles wouldn't have done as well as they did. Just because you don't hear her on the radio doesn't mean she's not playing.
    She's not on the radio much anymore. And I listen to the radio quite often and follow what is going on.

    Teenage Dream has been out more than twice as long as Born This Way and is still very close to it on the chart, means is selling just a few thousand copies less than Born This Way.
    Yet both have managed to sell similar amounts in the US... so what's your p[oint? It being out longer doesn't actually help your case.


    Who's dominating radio now? Looks like Katy gonna beat GaGa in 2012 too woohoo
    Wishful thinking on your part.. propelled by a lack of understanding of statistics.

    But I guess for you only twisted numbers matter... Katy Perry is a cheap lame Gaga knock-off... and she isn't more popular.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Born_this_way

    As of October 2011, worldwide sales of Born This Way exceed 8 million copies. - (Side note: Pretty sure updated numbers would put it closer to 9.5-10 million now)

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teenage...ty_Perry_album)

    "The album has sold an approximate of 5.5 million copies worldwide. " (Side Note: Despite being out twice as long... lol... I guess the re-release might help it somewhat lol).

    ----

  37. #3987

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by GiancarloC View Post
    But I guess for you only twisted numbers matter... Katy Perry is a cheap lame Gaga knock-off... and she isn't more popular.
    That's not really true though. Katy Perry and Gaga aren't really similar in any kind of way. Their fashion, their music, their personalities, two different beasts.

    And to be fair, Katy was already doing her thing months before Gaga gained popularity back in '08.

  38. #3988
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by WellingLuv View Post
    That's not really true though. Katy Perry and Gaga aren't really similar in any kind of way. Their fashion, their music, their personalities, two different beasts.

    And to be fair, Katy was already doing her thing months before Gaga gained popularity back in '08.
    Katy Perry wasn't trying to attract attention through dressing oddly until after Gaga started.

    I guess one thing any Perry fan can rely on is single sales (which isn't really important in the bigger picture).

    And I'm sure Gaga's next album will exceed anything Katy Perry can do.

    I have to get out of this one... I don't even listen to pop music 70% of the time. LOL. This is strange for me.

    This is what I mostly listen to honestly:



    Real talent needed...

  39. #3989
    penayforay
    Guest

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by Soilwork View Post
    You're supposed to know because it was wrapped in a freakishly obvious joke about Nicky Minaj being compared to the sludge you would find dripping out of the garbage at a fast food taco place.
    comparing a human being to inanimate goop.
    crude comparisons that arent really funny for the win! that's comedy gold for sure! bravo Soilwork.

  40. #3990
    JUB Addict maxpowr9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    8,839
    Blog Entries
    3

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by GiancarloC View Post
    What I notice in many arguments about pop music is that people often rely on popularity for who is best (or twisted statistics for that matter). It's not about quality... and it never has been a quality based argument... and even I will say this as I do like some pop music. It's always about numbers and statistical manipulation (taking certifications from some countries and not others lol).
    Giancarlo. Let this be an obvious fact. Don't try to argue with someone about Madonna when their avatar is a picture of Madonna. It is like trying to convert an Evangelical to Atheism.

    Now I get the joy of dropping $200 on dinner.

  41. #3991
    ...and I'm not sorry JUB Friend Soilwork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    City of Angels
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married
    Posts
    23,138
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by penayforay View Post
    comparing a human being to inanimate goop.
    crude comparisons that arent really funny for the win! that's comedy gold for sure! bravo Soilwork.

    always call the weather man first.

    when I want your opinion, hell will have frozen over.
    Gentlemen.... Thank you.

  42. #3992
    penayforay
    Guest

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by Soilwork View Post
    always call the weather man first.

    when I want your opinion, hell will have frozen over.
    seems like you only want opinions that agree/praise you eh? cuz I bet you wouldn't have said that if I agreed with you

    take note everyone
    don't give your opinion to soilwork unless he tells you he wants it first.

    c'mon man, that's weak and you know it
    even pitiful that you even have to resort to something along the lines of "well I didn't ask you"
    quite childish really lololol

  43. #3993
    Superstar Jayden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    15,206
    Blog Entries
    4

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Official MADONNA Discussion Thread!

    Still loving this......
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROkhklj0ZGs&feature=related[/ame]

  44. #3994
    Superstar Jayden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    15,206
    Blog Entries
    4

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Official MADONNA Discussion Thread!

    iTunes history made with pre-sales of Madonna's 'MDNA'

    The pop legend scores the biggest day of pre-orders ever for her 12th album



    Madonna has made iTunes history, with the largest day of pre-orders ever for her forthcoming album, 'MDNA'.

    Her label Interscope confirmed the news and relayed a message from Madonna, in which she said: "Thanks for all the L-U-V!! from around the world." 'MDNA' is now Number One in the pre-order charts on iTunes in 50 countries across the world. Madonna releases 'MDNA' on March 26. It is her 12th studio effort and is the follow-up to her 2008 record 'Hard Candy'.

    Earlier today Madonna criticised MIA for flipping the middle finger during her Super Bowl performance on Sunday (February 5) though did say that the move was "punk rock".

    Madonna admitted that she did not find out about the incident until after she'd left the stadium and added that she "wasn't happy about it". Speaking this morning (February 10) on KISS FM, Madonna said: "To tell you the truth, I didn't even know about. I didn't find out until I left. I found out about it in the elevator to get to the car and get to the airport. I wasn't happy about it. I know it's kind of punk rock and everything, but to me, there was such a feeling of love and good energy and positivity, and it just seemed negative."

    Madonna will play two UK stadium shows this summer, performing at London's Hyde Park on July 17 and Edinburgh's Murrayfield Stadium on July 21


    SOURCE
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1 madonna 2.jpg  

  45. #3995

    Re: The Official MADONNA Discussion Thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by ILLBFIRE View Post
    Let the Queen rule 2012

  46. #3996
    Superstar Jayden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    15,206
    Blog Entries
    4

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Official MADONNA Discussion Thread!

    Madonna to play Yankee Stadium on heels of NFL performance.



    Madonna isn't limiting herself to the NFL. She'll perform at Yankee Stadium on Sept. 6, the Yankees announced Tuesday.

    Madonna will perform at Yankee Stadium on Sept. 6. After touring Europe and the Middle East May 29-Aug. 21, Madonna kicks off her North American tour Aug. 28 in Philadelphia (Wells Fargo Center). She will then play Montreal (Aug. 30, Bell Centre), Quebec City (Sept. 1, Plains of Abraham) and Boston (Sept. 4, TD Banknorth Garden) before her stop in the Bronx.


    SOURCE
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1 madge.jpg  

  47. #3997
    Superstar Jayden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    15,206
    Blog Entries
    4

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Official MADONNA Discussion Thread!

    Madonna's 'Give Me All Your Luvin' ' Crashes The Charts.

    Pre-orders for upcoming MDNA have pushed the album to the #1 spot on iTunes.



    If there's anyone who knows how to put on a full-court promotional press, it's Madonna. And on the heels of a buzzed-about Super Bowl performance that was seen by a record 112.6 million people at its peak, the singer is enjoying a major post-game sales bump.

    According to figures provided by a spokesperson, thanks to a first-of-its-kind all-in worldwide effort from radio giant Clear Channel Communications that began last Friday (February 3), "Give Me All Your Luvin' " got a huge boost via its debut on more than 100 CC radio stations across the country. It was also helped along by the premiere of the video on 1,600 outdoor digital billboards across the globe, including ones in New York's Times Square and others in Las Vegas, London, Paris, Norway and Finland. Finally, the company pushed the single and video on its websites and mobile platforms and on the "Madonna Radio" online channel link on the iHeartRadio.com home page.

    As a result of the rollout of the "Luvin' " single and video across the many CC platforms, pre-orders for Madonna's new album, MDNA, due out on March 26, jumped to #1 on the iTunes albums chart. The effort, which encouraged fans to buy the single and order the album on iTunes, reportedly helped MDNA land the biggest one-day pre-order in iTunes history and pushed it to #1 in the iTunes stores in 50 countries.


    SOURCE
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1 Ma.jpg  

  48. #3998

    Re: The Official MADONNA Discussion Thread!

    So when do her tour tickets go on sale?

  49. #3999
    StarCrasher
    Guest

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by Soilwork View Post
    Considering how popular my stand up shows are?

    No, not really.

    Ever consider that you're just not very bright?
    Yes, I'm not very bright.

    I should have known you were a vegan and thus couldn't have ever possibly pissed in an ally behind Taco Bell, a place which includes vegan items on its menu. Derrr.

    It makes so much sense now that you've explained it. Being a vegan most certainly precludes one from having to urinate while in the vicinity of a Taco Bell. Toilets can't possibly clog there. And everyone knows (except for me obviously) that if someone pissed behind a Taco Bell that means they must be eating animal products there! Beans, which come from the bean animal, perhaps.

    Fuck me, my 133 IQ, and all my university education. I've been owned by a vegan porn producer/comedian!

  50. #4000
    StarCrasher
    Guest

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by Soilwork View Post
    Well and that's the problem with die-hard pop music fans.

    They only like it because they're told to like it by that big info box in their living room that also tells them to eat at McDonald's.

    They don't care whether a song is "good" or not, they care if it "sold better than Gaga" or "had higher chart position for longer and has more "likes" on Facebook.

    I actually had someone send me a very angry, lengthly PM accusing me of being "stupid" because I slagged off Nicky Minaj and, he insisted, that I was wrong since "she has 5 million fans and Britney has 7 million... and Britney has been around a lot longer and so you could say that Nicky is getting big faster and...." and then ranted on about how he bet that none of my favorite bands had X-number of "fans."

    When I asked him about where he was getting "fan" counts, he cited "likes" on Facebook. And then said "and it's the number 1 social media site in the whole world, LOL, and everyone and his dog has a Facebook page and so it indicates just how many fans there are in the world."

    You can't really argue with pop music fans who think that the measure of a good album is how much it sold.

    And yeah, the new Morbid Angel album was pretty weak.
    You know, it's funny, I've never seen anything on TV "telling" me to like Madonna.

    Are you really so ignorant that you can't understand why someone likes music that you don't? Haven't you considered that some people have a different music preference than you?

    You like industrial music, right? I don't. But the difference between me and you is I don't sit here scratching my head wondering why you do. I don't sit here thinking it sucks. I don't take to the Internet to tell you it sucks. I know it's a just matter of personal taste.

    I don't know anything about the PM you received, but the statistics about Madonna's success were in response to allegations she's a washed-up has-been with a dwindling career that is giving way to newer pop stars like Gaga and Britney. They were not intended to prove that her music is "better" than anyone else's.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.