JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

remove these banner ads by becoming a JUB Supporter.

View Poll Results: Favorite Madonna Album

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Madonna

    3 3.95%
  • Like A Virgin

    2 2.63%
  • True Blue

    8 10.53%
  • Like A Prayer

    15 19.74%
  • I'm Breathless/Whos That Girl/Cant Stop

    1 1.32%
  • Immaculate Collection/GHV2

    12 15.79%
  • Erotica

    9 11.84%
  • Bedtime Stories

    6 7.89%
  • Something To Remember

    3 3.95%
  • Ray Of Light

    17 22.37%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 79 of 100 FirstFirst ... 7478798084 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,950 of 4963
  1. #3901
    -Xibalba-
    Guest

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by Beachguyj View Post
    H-A-G Madonna

    Your hands are scary and your face makes me want to throw up.

    H-A-G Madonna
    How old are you? No, really. How fucking old are you?

    I'm embarrassed for you.

  2. #3902
    StarCrasher
    Guest

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by jv2.0 View Post
    How old are you? No, really. How fucking old are you?

    I'm embarrassed for you.
    I know. He's not even clever.

  3. #3903
    ...and I'm not sorry JUB Friend Soilwork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    City of Angels
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married
    Posts
    23,139
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by StarCrasher View Post
    I don't get it either.

    Soilwork hasn't made a shred of sense in this entire thread.
    Says the fan girl who tells us sales numbers instead of just admitting the new song is a derivative knock off of many (better) songs and sounds silly coming from a 53 year-old woman.
    Gentlemen.... Thank you.

  4. #3904
    ...and I'm not sorry JUB Friend Soilwork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    City of Angels
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married
    Posts
    23,139
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by NaughtyArousal View Post
    For the record, no she is not. She has a large, gay (predominately white) following. That doesn't make her the queen of gay culture and I'm over homos telling me it does.
    Sadly, it does.

    Madonna can wear a diaper on her head and the next day, even sad queen in New York will be walking around bragging about how they got their head diaper at the same Boutique in SoHo that she did.

    Every time Madonna comes out with a new look or a new song, every drag queen is copying it or lip syncing to it.

    Madonna has set trends in the gay community for 25 years. She's also taken tiny, unheard of things that gay people are doing in alt culture like "Vogueing" or "Bottom Shelf Fetish 'Zines" and she takes them to tour the world. She's an icon and clearly still sells a lot of records and fascinates people... even those of us who might not be huge fans.

    I can't think of anyone else who has served as a cultural conduit between underground gay culture and mainstream culture like she has.

    I still think her new song sucks.
    Gentlemen.... Thank you.

  5. #3905
    StarCrasher
    Guest

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by Soilwork View Post
    Says the fan girl who tells us sales numbers instead of just admitting the new song is a derivative knock off of many (better) songs and sounds silly coming from a 53 year-old woman.
    Whether it sounds silly coming from a 53-year-old is just a matter of perception and personal preference.

    The argument of sales numbers/records vs. whether she's a "has-been" is a matter of fact.

    And just what songs did her new song knock off? I just Googled it and only came back with stuff on Gaga knocking off Express Yourself. I'm sure if there was any basis to this claim more than just you and a few other people would be whining about it, no?

  6. #3906
    Already Gone BreakTheIce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,518

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by GiancarloC View Post
    For one Katy Perry's last album was about 3 million short to outsell Gaga... these are the real facts.
    Oh really?

    Let's look at the albums first: Teenage Dream vs Born This Way

    Certifications for Teenage Dream in major markets:
    Australia = 3 x Platinum
    UK = 3 x Platinum
    US = 2 x Platinum

    Certifications for Born This Way in major markets:

    Australia = 2 x Platinum
    UK = 1 x Platinum
    US = 2 x Platinum


    Singles off of Teenage Dream:
    1. California Girls - 8.5 million (worldwide)
    2. Teenage Dream - 6 million (worldwide)
    3. Firework - 7 million (worldwide)
    4. ET - all formats combined have sold over 5 million copies in US alone
    5. Last Friday Night - 3 million (worldwide)
    6. The One That Got Away - 2 million (worldwide)

    Singles off of Born This Way:

    1. Born This Way - 8.2 million (worldwide)
    2. Judas - low, only 822k in the US [not Platinum]
    3. The Edge of Glory - 2,325K in the US, total ~ 3 million worldwide
    4. You And I - 1 x Platinum in the US, Gold in Australia and New Zealand
    5. Marry The Night - low, failed to go platinum in the US


    Like I said, Katy Perry spanked Lady GaGa in sales.

  7. #3907
    ...and I'm not sorry JUB Friend Soilwork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    City of Angels
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married
    Posts
    23,139
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by StarCrasher View Post
    Whether it sounds silly coming from a 53-year-old is just a matter of perception and personal preference.
    Exactly. My perception. Which I won't ask for your permission to have. Especially with the fan girl "go madonna team madonna ya ya" routine you're doing.

    The argument of sales numbers/records vs. whether she's a "has-been" is a matter of fact.
    I think I was pretty clear in saying that Madonna is a huge star, has been for over 25 years and will always be. She's released a few stinkers before and it never hurt new career. I certainly didn't use the term "has been" so maybe you shouldn't be putting quote around it when talking about things I've posted.

    And just what songs did her new song knock off? I just Googled it and only came back with stuff on Gaga knocking off Express Yourself. I'm sure if there was any basis to this claim more than just you and a few other people would be whining about it, no?
    I think I said back on page one that it sounds a lot like "Micky" by Toni Basil. It also sounds like "Hung Up" mashed up with "Beautiful Stranger" and I think a bit like Metro by Berlin (And Hung Up, by the way, sounds like "Boogie Ooogie Dancing Shoes").

    And girl... it's YOU who is whining that there are people who dane to not like a song by your favorite artist. Stop acting like a 13 year old Edward fan who argues with members of "Team Wolf boy."
    Gentlemen.... Thank you.

  8. #3908
    penayforay
    Guest

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by Beachguyj View Post
    The records you thought you heard breaking were people smashing her shitty CD.
    lol
    you're not clever. please stop embarrassing yourself.

  9. #3909
    StarCrasher
    Guest

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by Soilwork View Post
    I think I said back on page one that it sounds a lot like "Micky" by Toni Basil. It also sounds like "Hung Up" mashed up with "Beautiful Stranger" and I think a bit like Metro by Berlin (And Hung Up, by the way, sounds like "Boogie Ooogie Dancing Shoes").
    That's pretty weak. Cheerleader-style chants sound quite similar. Other than that I don't see any similarities other than it's all pop music.

    Quote Originally Posted by Soilwork View Post
    I think I was pretty clear in saying that Madonna is a huge star, has been for over 25 years and will always be. She's released a few stinkers before and it never hurt new career. I certainly didn't use the term "has been" so maybe you shouldn't be putting quote around it when talking about things I've posted.
    Oh my, you're not very good at this, are you? I never said you used the term "has-been." I'm saying that what I'm arguing against is in part allegations that she's a "has been." I didn't name names. Follow the flow of conversation. It will make things clearer for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Soilwork View Post
    And girl... it's YOU who is whining that there are people who dane to not like a song by your favorite artist. Stop acting like a 13 year old Edward fan who argues with members of "Team Wolf boy."
    Wrongo. I'm arguing facts, not personal preference. I haven't tried convincing anyone here that they should like the song. Don't lie.

  10. #3910
    Sex God Centipede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Fullerton
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    553

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    i love m.i.a's part in this song, as short as it is, she kills it.

    everything else is... bleh.

    my twin bro and i grew up listening to madonna, we liked her a lot but we kinda stopped after 2000. we followed her since the 80s pretty much and i still listen to her older stuff from time to time. i think the last album of hers i enjoyed was confessions, it pretty much kept my cardio in shape for a long time.

    i was so impressed with ray of light though, my favorite album hands down. so experimental and out there from the usual stuff she had done. i can still play that entire album, track after track and get lost.
    hold my heart till brighter days

  11. #3911
    ...and I'm not sorry JUB Friend Soilwork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    City of Angels
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married
    Posts
    23,139
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by StarCrasher View Post
    That's pretty weak. Cheerleader-style chants sound quite similar. Other than that I don't see any similarities other than it's all pop music.
    Hey, don't blame me that all your favorite songs sound the same.

    Wrongo. I'm arguing facts, not personal preference. I haven't tried convincing anyone here that they should like the song. Don't lie.
    No, you're not. You're throwing a big tantrum that there are people who don't like what you like. Being a total cry baby.

    It's people like you who make the rest of us really hate Madonna fans.
    Gentlemen.... Thank you.

  12. #3912
    StarCrasher
    Guest

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by Soilwork View Post
    Hey, don't blame me that all your favorite songs sound the same.
    LOL, how lame. You know nothing about my favourite songs. All you know is that I like Madonna.

    Quote Originally Posted by Soilwork View Post
    No, you're not. You're throwing a big tantrum that there are people who don't like what you like. Being a total cry baby.
    Prove it then, liar. Quote one place where I try telling someone what their personal music preference should be. You can't. My argument has been entirely based on the analysis of facts.

    Fail.

  13. #3913
    ...and I'm not sorry JUB Friend Soilwork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    City of Angels
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married
    Posts
    23,139
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by StarCrasher View Post
    Oh the irony of this coming from a porn producer who took a piss in an ally behind Taco Bell.

    That was a joke, Einstein.

    how many Vegans do you think eat at Taco Bell.

    and before you make comments about my making porn for a living, please remember that you're posting on a fucking porn site, ok?
    Gentlemen.... Thank you.

  14. #3914
    ...and I'm not sorry JUB Friend Soilwork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    City of Angels
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married
    Posts
    23,139
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by StarCrasher View Post
    Prove it then, liar. Quote one place where I try telling someone what their personal music preference should be.
    Well, the part where you called someone "Uneducated" and someone else isn't "clever" and then get up in my dress for being a porn producer.

    You sure are getting upset that people don't like your little pop ditty.

    Which sounds like Micky. By Tony Basil.
    Gentlemen.... Thank you.

  15. #3915
    StarCrasher
    Guest

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by Soilwork View Post
    Well, the part where you called someone "Uneducated" and someone else isn't "clever" and then get up in my dress for being a porn producer.
    Um, no. These are not examples of me telling people they should like the same music as I, nor are they examples of me getting mad at someone for liking the same music as I. He was telling distasteful, ignorant, and stupid jokes at the expense of the old (gross hands) and the disabled (muscular dystrophy). As for you, I was just pointing out the irony of YOU getting up the dress of someone being unclassy in the same sentence you admitting to pissing in an ally behind Taco Bell.

    Quote Originally Posted by Soilwork View Post
    You sure are getting upset that people don't like your little pop ditty.
    Yeah you keep repeating that with nothing to back yourself up.

    Facts (correct information), opinions (interpretation of the facts), and preferences, are three different things that you seem to be mixing up.

    I don't want everyone to like Madonna. That would just make her insanely-priced concert ticket prices go up even more!

    You're one of the easiest people I've come across lately to debate, I tell you.

  16. #3916
    StarCrasher
    Guest

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by Soilwork
    how many Vegans do you think eat at Taco Bell.
    I don't know. Did you say you ate there? You just said you pissed behind one. Nothing against you doing so, or producing porn. I have nothing against unclassiness in general, actually. Classiness is subjective. And people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

  17. #3917
    Sex God Centipede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Fullerton
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    553

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    tbh can't you guys just fuck or something
    hold my heart till brighter days

  18. #3918
    Formulas Fatal to Flesh.
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    8,678
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    ^A rivethead fucking a deranged Madonna stan does not a hot porno make.

  19. #3919
    ...and I'm not sorry JUB Friend Soilwork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    City of Angels
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married
    Posts
    23,139
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by StarCrasher View Post
    I don't know. Did you say you ate there? You just said you pissed behind one. Nothing against you doing so, or producing porn. I have nothing against unclassiness in general, actually. Classiness is subjective. And people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
    If you can't tell a joke when you are told one, it explains why you can't tell a shitty-ass song when you hear one.

    I keep forgetting that when talking to Madonna fans, you have to dumb things down to the level of Madonna fans.*

    You keep railing about "facts" and how people don't like "facts."

    This thread, mr. Madonna fan, is about how many people don't like the new Madonna single. And that is a "fact." (insert sound of Lilly Tomlin making that unspellable raspberry sound.)
    Gentlemen.... Thank you.

  20. #3920
    ...and I'm not sorry JUB Friend Soilwork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    City of Angels
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married
    Posts
    23,139
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by Centipede View Post
    tbh can't you guys just fuck or something
    I would sooner buy the new Madonna album.
    Gentlemen.... Thank you.

  21. #3921
    Already Gone BreakTheIce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,518

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by Soilwork View Post
    I would sooner buy the new Madonna album.
    lol'd

    if you buy a ticket to her new tour you get the new album for free your choice of physical cd or digital

  22. #3922
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by BreakTheIce View Post
    Oh really?

    Let's look at the albums first: Teenage Dream vs Born This Way
    No she didn't... great statistical manipulation. You could become a politician. Katy Perry's Teenage Dream sold 5.5 million world wide, versus Lady Gaga selling 8.5 million. You can look at singles, but lets look at the bigger picture... overall album sales. Lady Gaga's Born this Way has sold 8.5 million world wide, outpacing overall sales.

    Manipulate statistics all you want, but you're still wrong. Selling 3 million less albums doesn't mean that she spanked Gaga in sales.

    And Teenage Dream was crap too on top that... one of the worst albums I've heard up there with Pink Friday by Minaj.

  23. #3923
    ...and I'm not sorry JUB Friend Soilwork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    City of Angels
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married
    Posts
    23,139
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    And they all sell much better than any of my favorite albums from last year.

    Liking music is a subjective thing. Just because Britney spears sold more records than Christian Aguilera doesn't mean she's a better singer, it means that she's got better marketing or better hair or is white and not Latina.

    Or something else.

    I don't have the Katy perry Album or the lady gaga album but I have one iTunes track from each. They're catchy and fun if I need to have some fun while driving. I don't pay much attention to what is a bigger hit when deciding what is a better song.

    Let's not forget the top selling album of all time is the Eagles Greatest Hits volume 1 and the highest selling artists od all time in the world were Nuaerat Fateh Ali Khan and Nana Mouskouri.

    And I'm willing to bet most of you don't have any of their songs on your iPod.

    (and it's widely thought that the highest selling album ever is actually Bing Crosby's Christmas album but that was released about 15 years before they kept sales totals.... It was just another product.)
    Gentlemen.... Thank you.

  24. #3924
    Is the King of JUB Beachguyj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Near Fort Bottomdale
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    7,033

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Madonna is hip and current, she likes to boogie woogie like the Andrew Sisters.

    I'm also sure that a lot of gay teens are into a person they think of as an old lady who had her first hit more than 15 years before they were born.

    Her biggest fan here is into shit porn. Which actually makes sense because the new music she is making is shit and obscene to people who appreciate good music.
    Never cease to find it strange
    How at midnight things seem hopeless
    But by dawn they've changed

  25. #3925
    penayforay
    Guest

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by Soilwork View Post
    If you can't tell a joke when you are told one, it explains why you can't tell a shitty-ass song when you hear one.
    thats horrible reasoning no offense.

    also how is anyone supposed to know who is or isnt vegan? did it come up in a previous convo between you two?

  26. #3926
    ...and I'm not sorry JUB Friend Soilwork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    City of Angels
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married
    Posts
    23,139
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by penayforay View Post
    thats horrible reasoning no offense.

    also how is anyone supposed to know who is or isnt vegan? did it come up in a previous convo between you two?
    It was a joke about me stepping in sludge behind the Taco Bell. If you couldn't tell from reading the post where I said that, maybe there internet isn't really a "positive environment" for you.

    OK, does liking Madonna make you retarded or something?
    Gentlemen.... Thank you.

  27. #3927
    Huntneo(PT)
    Guest

    Re: The Official MADONNA Discussion Thread!

    btw...Madonna wasn't feeling M.I.A's middle finger salute.


    ...that article also confirms that "Girls Gone Wild" will most likely be the next single. Based on what people are saying about the song, I doubt many are going to be happy about that. Then again, some artists (even Madonna, at times) release the crappiest songs as singles.

    I just can't wait to hear Orbit's tracks.

  28. #3928
    nerd of prey hylas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Brussels
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    2,685

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    i just dropped in here and i have honestly no idea what you guys are arguing about.
    it seems to me that for once, madge isnt even trying to be controversial!

  29. #3929
    In Heat............ BENDERBOY's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland.
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    102,578

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    It's complete and utter shit, but some people will swallow anything,

    "You may only be one person to the world, but you may also be the world to one person"
    - anonymous quote.

  30. #3930
    StarCrasher
    Guest

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by Soilwork View Post
    If you can't tell a joke when you are told one, it explains why you can't tell a shitty-ass song when you hear one.
    How was I supposed to know you really didn't take a piss behind a Taco Bell in an ally? Because you're vegan? That's doesn't make any sense. Vegans just don't consume animal products. There's nothing that stipulates where they can and cannot pee. Besides, according to this vegan website, there is a whole list of vegan items available at Taco Bell ... http://www.veganeatingout.com/taco-bell/

    And what's the deal with your flip-flopping on whether or not musical preference is subjective? In one post you declare it a "shitty ass song" as if it were fact just because you don't like it, while just two posts later, admit that liking music is subjective. Pull your argument together.

    Quote Originally Posted by Soilwork View Post
    You keep railing about "facts" and how people don't like "facts."
    You not only don't like facts, you don't even seem to know what they are. "It's a shitty song" isn't a fact. "Madonna fans are dumb" also isn't a fact. You not liking the song, however, is. If you want to explain why it's not a good song without resorting to unfounded accusations such as "it's a knock-off", then you have an opinion, but you're barely able to even get that far.

    Quote Originally Posted by Soilwork View Post
    This thread, mr. Madonna fan, is about how many people don't like the new Madonna single. And that is a "fact." (insert sound of Lilly Tomlin making that unspellable raspberry sound.)
    Since you don't seem to have noticed, (even though I have already pointed it out to you) I'm not taking exception to the fact that some people don't like her new song. Of course some people don't. What I'm primarily taking exception to here is the unwarranted Madonna-bashing based on misinformation and prejudice, and the personal preferences and perceptions that are masquerading as facts. There's a big difference which I suspect you're not intelligent enough to grasp.

  31. #3931
    Sex God Centipede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Fullerton
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    553

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    hey bub you keep divine out of this
    hold my heart till brighter days

  32. #3932
    Is the King of JUB Beachguyj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Near Fort Bottomdale
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    7,033

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    S U V Madonna

    I'm in a minivan and I gotta take the kids to school

    S U V Madonna.
    Never cease to find it strange
    How at midnight things seem hopeless
    But by dawn they've changed

  33. #3933
    Is the King of JUB Beachguyj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Near Fort Bottomdale
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    7,033

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by StarCrasher View Post
    Oh snap!

    Guess what song is number 1 on iTunes right now?



    We Are Young (feat. Janelle MonŠe) - Single
    Never cease to find it strange
    How at midnight things seem hopeless
    But by dawn they've changed

  34. #3934
    StarCrasher
    Guest

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by Soilwork View Post
    OK, does liking Madonna make you retarded or something?
    Hmm, so you're not only prejudiced against "old" people (50+), but you're also prejudiced against the mentally-challenged as well. That's so lame. One day you will be old. And as for mentally-challenged, well ...

  35. #3935
    Is the King of JUB Beachguyj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Near Fort Bottomdale
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    7,033

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by StarCrasher View Post
    Hmm, so you're not only prejudiced against "old" people (50+), but you're also prejudiced against the mentally-challenged as well. That's so lame. One day you will be old. And as for mentally-challenged, well ...
    I didn't know Madonna was retarded, that would explain this new song.
    Never cease to find it strange
    How at midnight things seem hopeless
    But by dawn they've changed

  36. #3936
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by StarCrasher View Post
    You not only don't like facts, you don't even seem to know what they are. "It's a shitty song" isn't a fact. "Madonna fans are dumb" also isn't a fact. You not liking the song, however, is. If you want to explain why it's not a good song without resorting to unfounded accusations such as "it's a knock-off", then you have an opinion, but you're barely able to even get that far.
    Music tastes are subjective. I'm not a particular fan of Gaga or Madonna... but why is there always a battle between the two? Are gay men this superficial? While I'm by no means a diehard fan of either, I happen to own 4-5 Madonna albums... Confessions happens to be my favorite.

    But lets get a reality check... none of these stars are original. I mean Madonna doesn't hold up a candle to the late great Etta James...

    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ0ObhAYo4M[/ame]

    Or maybe Tina Turner...

    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYSwQFybFnQ[/ame]
    (BTW believe it or not, she's 70 when this concert happened.. 2009 show).

    I start to wonder if Madonna really is all that original.

    What I'm primarily taking exception to here is the unwarranted Madonna-bashing based on misinformation and prejudice, and the personal preferences and perceptions that are masquerading as facts. There's a big difference which I suspect you're not intelligent enough to grasp.
    And some of us are taking issue with the ridiculous elevating of Madonna to the female superstar merely because she sold a lot of albums and such... Madonna is a very talented vocalist, but if you take a look at some female artists who came before, you'll know Madonna doesn't hold up a candle to any of them.

  37. #3937
    StarCrasher
    Guest

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by GiancarloC View Post
    Music tastes are subjective
    Get the fuck out of town! That's only been my argument for the last two pages.

    I'll stop here.

  38. #3938
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    I would like if you looked at the rest of my post. I was simply voicing my view on the matter. You talk about facts...

    Let me ask people here again... why is there a battle between Madonna and Lady Gaga in your minds? Can one not like both or even be a fan of both? Lets just acknowledge that neither are original... but if they enjoy what they are doing then that's fine by me. If it's just about money time to quit.

  39. #3939
    nf fbt funw glbhuof gmhp
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    12,148
    Blog Entries
    3

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by GiancarloC View Post


    SSSSH"

    ooh

  40. #3940
    StarCrasher
    Guest

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by GiancarloC View Post
    I would like if you looked at the rest of my post. I was simply voicing my view on the matter. You talk about facts...

    Let me ask people here again... why is there a battle between Madonna and Lady Gaga in your minds? Can one not like both or even be a fan of both? Lets just acknowledge that neither are original... but if they enjoy what they are doing then that's fine by me. If it's just about money time to quit.
    Who is "better" among the artists you listed is a matter of preference. Like you said, it's subjective. So in this sense, we're not dealing with facts. From a technical standpoint I'm sure you could argue their voices are certainly better, or that their lyrics are more profound. I'm not too familiar with them so I don't know.

    Regarding who sold more albums, who sold more concert tickets, or who broke certain records, yes those are a matters of fact. These facts are only relevant to the misinformed arguments of who is washed up, or who nobody likes, or who's a failure. They're of course not relevant to the subjective matters of taste, but they were never presented as such.

    Music is constantly evolving. Very few can claim to be truly original. Whether or not Madonna's original comes down to what one's perception of what original is, and that starts to become subjective again. Having said that, many in the industry believe that Madonna helped build the modern pop genre, and I think they're right.

    I'm both a Gaga and a Madonna fan. I actually enjoy a wide variety of music. I don't know why there's a battle. My comparison earlier in this thread between Gaga and Madonna was only a response to someone implying that Gaga was more popular than Madonna. I was merely arguing that's not actually the case. The reason why was beyond the scope of my argument.

  41. #3941
    Is the King of JUB Beachguyj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Near Fort Bottomdale
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    7,033

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by GiancarloC View Post
    I start to wonder if Madonna really is all that original.



    And some of us are taking issue with the ridiculous elevating of Madonna to the female superstar merely because she sold a lot of albums and such... Madonna is a very talented vocalist, but if you take a look at some female artists who came before, you'll know Madonna doesn't hold up a candle to any of them.
    She is original, and she sometimes steals from original people or trends to make them her own.

    She can't sang. She can sing well enough in a recording studio to release a decent album. She's a better singer than Janet or Britney. She's written some very good songs in the past. She's not Mariah, Whitney or Celine when it comes to singing.

    At one point she was the most famous female artist in the world, and she probably has the most notoriety worldwide of any female artist. I'll give her her credit where deserved.

    There's a certain point where she has to be classy, she did that in her 30s and now she's doing cheeseball cheerleader songs. Gwen Stefani did that many years ago, and much better and didn't make herself look like a fool.
    Never cease to find it strange
    How at midnight things seem hopeless
    But by dawn they've changed

  42. #3942
    JUB Addict DigitalFudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    5,800

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Official MADONNA Discussion Thread!

    The Synths in Girls Gone Wild


  43. #3943
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by StarCrasher View Post
    From a technical standpoint I'm sure you could argue their voices are certainly better, or that their lyrics are more profound. I'm not too familiar with them so I don't know.
    Which is kind of a pity, because I think Tina Turner was definitely a wonderful artist that people should know... she didn't sell as many albums worldwide as Madonna... but she sold far more concert tickets in total then Madonna. Some say she is the most popular R&B and pop female singer of all time.

    Regarding who sold more albums, who sold more concert tickets, or who broke certain records, yes those are a matters of fact. These facts are only relevant to the misinformed arguments of who is washed up, or who nobody likes, or who's a failure. They're of course not relevant to the subjective matters of taste, but they were never presented as such.
    And what's so misinformed about saying that Madonna is a wash-up? In terms of what she has been releasing lately, I think it's true. Her songs are beginning to sound really recycled from other artists. And I don't think anyone said any artist was a failure.

    http://madonnarevelations.blogspot.c...shes-copy.html

    An interesting article about Madonna ripping off Tina Turner...

    Having said that, many in the industry believe that Madonna helped build the modern pop genre, and I think they're right.
    I don't think many would agree with that at all. There are many more artists out there that were responsible for that. And many in the industry will probably agree with me on this one.

    I'm both a Gaga and a Madonna fan. I actually enjoy a wide variety of music. I don't know why there's a battle. My comparison earlier in this thread between Gaga and Madonna was only a response to someone implying that Gaga was more popular than Madonna. I was merely arguing that's not actually the case. The reason why was beyond the scope of my argument.
    Gaga is a very young artist who recently became extremely popular. Madonna has been around for decades.

  44. #3944
    Is the King of JUB Beachguyj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Near Fort Bottomdale
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    7,033

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by GiancarloC View Post


    Gaga is a very young artist who recently became extremely popular. Madonna has been around for decades.
    And Madonna was once a young artist who became extremely popular early in her career. We shall see if Gaga has the talent to succeed for decades or fades away like Cyndi Lauper, who some said would be bigger than Madonna.
    Never cease to find it strange
    How at midnight things seem hopeless
    But by dawn they've changed

  45. #3945
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by Beachguyj View Post
    And Madonna was once a young artist who became extremely popular early in her career. We shall see if Gaga has the talent to succeed for decades or fades away like Cyndi Lauper, who some said would be bigger than Madonna.
    I think Gaga could be a lot like Tina Turner actually... but we will see... I'm personally not to emotionally invested as I'm not a die hard fan.

    Really the only artist I have big issues is with Pitbull... the guy won me back with his Armando album... but he's all in all a sell out.

  46. #3946
    nf fbt funw glbhuof gmhp
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    12,148
    Blog Entries
    3

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    doubts it

    ha

  47. #3947

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by StarCrasher View Post
    Oh snap!

    Guess what song is number 1 on iTunes right now?

    L-U-V Madonna! Y-O-U you wanna?
    Which country?

    eta: Oh, Canada? Meh...
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachguyj View Post
    She's a little too old for this shit. Makes her look like a fool.


    Have to say I'm shocked by all the negative comments in this thread. I thought the Queen's return is what everyone was waiting for...no matter how bad the single. Breaks my hearts....
    LADY GAGA
    'ARTPOP'
    11.11.13

  48. #3948
    StarCrasher
    Guest

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnal View Post
    Which country?

    eta: Oh, Canada? Meh...
    MDMA is number 1 in 43 countries and broke the iTunes record for highest pre-order sales in a day. Give Me All Your Luvin' is also number 1 on the charts in 15 countries.

    http://justjared.buzznet.com/2012/02...ecord-breaker/

    http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrit...ber-one-674719

  49. #3949
    penayforay
    Guest

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by Soilwork View Post
    That was a joke, Einstein.
    how many Vegans do you think eat at Taco Bell.
    I was referring to this line Soilwork.
    I was assuming part of the basis of your "humor"/reason why we should know said line was a joke was because you're a vegan (are you?)
    and that vegans don't eat at Taco Bell.

    also the retarded line is particularly rich given that you equated not being to recognize a joke (which is perfectly possible on forums) with not being able to recognize a "shitty" song.

    and to whoever still going off about Madonna's vocal ability. Her live stuff is still a heck of a lot better than a lot of pop artists.
    and if you think pop is all about vocal ability...well clearly you don't understand what pop is.

  50. #3950

    Re: The New Madonna song is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by StarCrasher View Post
    MDMA is number 1 in 43 countries and broke the iTunes record for highest pre-order sales in a day. Give Me All Your Luvin' is also number 1 on the charts in 15 countries.

    http://justjared.buzznet.com/2012/02...ecord-breaker/

    http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrit...ber-one-674719
    That's awesome! This album should have a massive debut WW when it comes out!

    What are we thinking for the US? 500K 1st week? Hard Candy didn't have all this hype and it did 280K, so I figure MDNA should crush that!
    LADY GAGA
    'ARTPOP'
    11.11.13

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.