Free Gay Sex Photos, Movies, Reviews and Forums at JustUsBoys
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Re: Why is everyone *so consumed* with masc vs. fem debates?

Masc vs Fem threads are like the race threads here: real issues that plague our community but no one likes to deal with them. Sure, there are " a lot" of people debating about it but they are definitely a little less annoying than the people who think they are above it all but continue perpetuating the threads by debating in them and/or pointing them out in other threads.

nf fbt funw glbhuof gmhp SLOPPYSECONDS's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by RazorzEdge88 View Post
    I think we have a lot of very insecure people here.
    there few dozen folk what fill space cause nothin do not LOT repeat da same shit ova ans ova ans ovarepeat da same shit ova ans ova ans ovarepeat da same shit ova ans ova ans ovarepeat da same shit ova ans ova ans ovarepeat da same shit ova ans ova ans ovarepeat da same shit ova ans ova ans ova

like world newsmedia got nothin ta do forgot> repeat da same shit ova ans ova ans ova

like tv folkys > forgotrepeat da same shit ova ans ova ans ova repeat da same shit ova ans ova ans ova

ans etc

suburbanite drones with da fog horns fa butt plugs

internet a wack job what say lot da countrys they come from

Suburbanites more noise then universe when it fart

Orientation
    Gay
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Why do you think, sissy boy?

Lex

Slut
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I don't really care about them. I am myself and proud enough to be myself that i don't need to bother with labels or social stigma. It's hard not to believe that those people are insecure about their own mascu/fem that they have to inflict those insecurities on others.

Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
    I don't really care about them. I am myself and proud enough to be myself that i don't need to bother with labels or social stigma. It's hard not to believe that those people are insecure about their own mascu/fem that they have to inflict those insecurities on others.
    Well said!

Temeritous hirsuteness
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by Ram View Post
    Masc vs Fem threads are like the race threads here: real issues that plague our community but no one likes to deal with them. Sure, there are " a lot" of people debating about it but they are definitely a little less annoying than the people who think they are above it all but continue perpetuating the threads by debating in them and/or pointing them out in other threads.
    Great answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by BearDaddy View Post
    just embrace your fem side RazorzEdge88

fuck'em if they cant accept you as you are
    Another great answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by SLOPPYSECONDS View Post
    suburbanite drones with da fog horns fa butt plugs
    This is the only thing I've ever understood from Sloppy, and one of the best quotes on JUB.

To the OP: Why do we debate these issues? Because they are real. But some people refuse to accept that. It's a form of denial that even some out, sorta-proud guys have.

People's self image don't always reflect reality. Ever meet a guy online and find out that he's significantly different in person than how he described himself?
    Hi!

Orientation
    Gay
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Most of us grew up with our masculinity being called into question, and usually in a rather harsh and possibly violent manner. And most of us eventually stopped spending time with such people, and the ones we did hang out with didn't mention our femininity - partially because they didn't care, and partially because they (perhaps instinctively) knew that it was a sore spot growing up, and perhaps it wasn't a good idea to dwell on that topic.

So as time went on, and people stopped mentioning our feminine ways, we grew to believe they didn't exist. Hey, nobody said anything, so they're not there, right? It's certainly easier on our still-fragile ego to think that we're 100% straight acting than it is to think that the thing we got bullied for as a kid is still visible for the world to see.

Part of my job involves playing back recordings of my voice, and watching video footage of myself. Doing this on a regular basis, it's hard to maintain the illusion in my mind's eye that I'm 100% straight-acting. Right there - that eye movement, that hand motion, the way I said that word - all effeminate. And each time I see and hear it, I fight those bullies again. Not by butching it up, but by having to convince myself yet again that yes, I'm somewhat effeminate, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Lex

Are you reading this?
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by Lube View Post
    To the OP: Why do we debate these issues? Because they are real. But some people refuse to accept that. It's a form of denial that even some out, sorta-proud guys have.
    Will you get off your high-assed horse and quit fuckin' pretending you're Dr. Phil!!!

You Don't Know EVERYTHING!!!

For fuck's sake, man! YOU ARE NOT GOD!!!
    Quando omni flunkus, moritati.

Temeritous hirsuteness
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by G-Lexington View Post
    Most of us grew up with our masculinity being called into question, and usually in a rather harsh and possibly violent manner. And most of us eventually stopped spending time with such people, and the ones we did hang out with didn't mention our femininity - partially because they didn't care, and partially because they (perhaps instinctively) knew that it was a sore spot growing up, and perhaps it wasn't a good idea to dwell on that topic.

So as time went on, and people stopped mentioning our feminine ways, we grew to believe they didn't exist. Hey, nobody said anything, so they're not there, right? It's certainly easier on our still-fragile ego to think that we're 100% straight acting than it is to think that the thing we got bullied for as a kid is still visible for the world to see.

Part of my job involves playing back recordings of my voice, and watching video footage of myself. Doing this on a regular basis, it's hard to maintain the illusion in my mind's eye that I'm 100% straight-acting. Right there - that eye movement, that hand motion, the way I said that word - all effeminate. And each time I see and hear it, I fight those bullies again. Not by butching it up, but by having to convince myself yet again that yes, I'm somewhat effeminate, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Lex
    Lex has had some amazing posts here, but this is definitely in his top 10%. excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by gsdx View Post
    Will you get off your high-assed horse and quit fuckin' pretending you're Dr. Phil!!!

You Don't Know EVERYTHING!!!

For fuck's sake, man! YOU ARE NOT GOD!!!
    why does it bother you so much?
    Hi!

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married (to a man)

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I think we are our own greatest enemy. Gay guys seem to thrive on destroying each other. Nearly every gay man I know in the real world calls himself straight acting... Why? Why do you want to act like something you are not? Why does it matter to you to be masculine? Sadly, the majority of the men I know who consider themselves straight acting are to various degrees, rather fem.

Then, there are the gay dudes that don't date "fems". Way to oppress your fellow queers. My husband is very in touch with his softer side, and I can often be as well. We're proud of it. No need to 'act straight'.

Because of all this turmoil however, the masc v. fem conversation keeps coming back at us. It's on dating sites, gay forums, discussed in group settings. And most of the time it's gays who are in a tither about other gays being fem.

Orientation
    Gay
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

^ Your avatar doesn't seem very feminine. Y'know, just pointing out.

Lex

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

^ Of course you can ... squealing with delight is at its best when done by masculine guys.

... especially when accompanied by a girlish sassay of the hips and a toss of the hair ...although I admit that the last bit is somewhat difficult for the follically challenged man to pull off successfully.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I have some effeminate things I do and Lex is right, it was always the first thing bullies made fun of.

It took awhile to get past those feeling and memories. But, now I could care less. I can't change those things and couldn't be straight acting if I tried. (which I don't, anymore)

I think we all accept things at our pace. It took a while, but I like me and no longer care about how gay my voice sounds.

I do hate those straight acting only personals. Most of those guys are queenier than I ever had time to even think about being.

Sex God
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by BearDaddy View Post
    elvin1 is very fem in bed

so i'm told
    Hey, that was supposed to be a secret!

Orientation
    Gay
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

>>>elvin1 is very fem in bed

Meaning what? That he rolls over and lets me climb aboard? Or that he says "Not tonight - and you KNOW why, Mister" and refuses to say anything more? Because I don't want to get the fantasy wrong.

Lex

Orientation
    Gay
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

>>>It's just a fantasy

Woah-oah-oah-oah.

>>>This means that you're a top then? lol

Versatile top. We'll see if you earn the right to flip me over.

Lex

Sex God
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by elvin1 View Post
    Yes, then how come BearDaddy knows this? Huh? That was supposed to be between you and me, you dumbass.
    Sorry, BearDaddy and I just talk about everything...

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married (to a man)

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

why does it bother you so much?
    Quote Originally Posted by elvin1 View Post
    Just let people be who they are. You don't know them personally to tell them what they are or should be.

I'm gonna go ahead and guess this is the reason. Just a shot in the dark.

Orientation
    Gay
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

>>>Please, I can make hookers pay me.

Yeah, so I heard. "I'll give you a hundred bucks to unclench. Please! IT'S ALL I HAVE!"

Lex

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I think it's an extension of a culture-wide debate about the definition of masculinity. The whole "metrosexual" putdown, and the constant drumbeat of "who's tough," is the context here: it's not surprising that gay men are drawn into the debate.

For any of you who follow football, you tasted some of this stuff. Almost every game, the commentators spar over the new helmet to helmet contact rules. I've heard several times, "let football be football," or "let'em play."

It's apparent that these (I assume) straight guys have a great deal invested in football's "toughness." So is it surprising that gay men, who were raised in a society that worships this masculine ideal would have issues?

Even the straight guys don't think they're masculine enough.

Orientation
    Bisexual
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Yeah, it is bullshit because I wonder to myself why do so many dwell on such trivial things like mannerisms.

Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by kayman23 View Post
    Yeah, it is bullshit because I wonder to myself why do so many dwell on such trivial things like mannerisms.
    fa one social climbins
    2 self importance
    3 stables boys here come ya bed warmer
    4 not wanna people think they bed warmers
    5 ans lots

is sure one day folk wear selfs out about it cuase it be goin on fa centurys

but of course Cough not see nothin Ma Lurd!

Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

here one fa internet

clinton guy what boss da usa orgainzation fa bit what busy with intern suckin his cigar

if it dude was suckin his cigar it okay cause cigar man thing so it okay ans media no pay attention or cause it dude he loss job but not it female

this a one of millions expample everyday many countrys folks what hold da power of pen ans postion ans over centurys goin back ta THINK call it DA WHEEL!
    Human cultures taday BARKIN LOONY

one of many thang real world a SHHHHHHH!

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married (to a man)

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

^ Your avatar doesn't seem very feminine. Y'know, just pointing out.

Lex
    Kevin, the model in the pic is straight but pretty fem. If you watched him on the television show, Manhunt, you'd know it. He's such a straight guy diva. I love him for it.

Anders123

It could be the inherent ambiguity of the term 'fem' that causes people to identify themselves as 'masculine', or 'straight acting'.

@MoePhoenix - It might not be about disliking their own effeminate qualities, but about not being attracted to extremely fem guys - and there's nothing wrong with that.

If someone on here was to ask if I was fem, I would say no; because I associate a 'fem' guy with a lisp, fashion savvy etc etc, you know the type.

I'm open about my feelings, I enjoy deeper conversations, I don't play or watch any form of football; does that make me effeminate? Not by my definition of the word; for me, 'effeminate' seems to imply an extreme. I'm neither a 'masculine' guy, or an 'effeminate' guy. I'm just a guy.

Temeritous hirsuteness
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

It is surprising that they're so drawn to it that:

1. They'll continually debate with visible trolls
    2. They'll have the same.exact.discussions. over and over again, ad nauseum, without accomplishing anything except spewing the same opinions each time

It's not just interest - it's a sign of psychosis.
    If it were two guys arguing in the privacy of someone's home, I'd agree with you.

But we're on a public forum. Ask any forum administrator of any forum (gay, straight, bowling, bicycling, electronics, you name it), and you'll discover that the vast majority of people are lurkers.

And on a gay forum like this, I'd guess that a large portion of lurkers are curious or tentatively gay guys who are just discovering what it means to be gay.

For them, these discussions can be life-defining. And if the idiot/troll posters are never challenged, it might take lurkers a long time to figure out what's going on.

So, no, it's not insane.
    Hi!

Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

If it were two guys arguing in the privacy of someone's home, I'd agree with you.

But we're on a public forum. Ask any forum administrator of any forum (gay, straight, bowling, bicycling, electronics, you name it), and you'll discover that the vast majority of people are lurkers.

And on a gay forum like this, I'd guess that a large portion of lurkers are curious or tentatively gay guys who are just discovering what it means to be gay.

For them, these discussions can be life-defining. And if the idiot/troll posters are never challenged, it might take lurkers a long time to figure out what's going on.

So, no, it's not insane.
    and folk real world PLEASE HELP YOUR COUNTRY by take part it LIFE no on internet da real world it where sky is ans da sound of screamin grass

thankyou

Are you reading this?
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

This is where your problem lies and why I have such a problem with your attitude. Yes, there are lurkers here trying to "figure out what's going on", but you're not letting them. You're telling them and you're insisting that you know them better than they know themselves.

You have no idea how much damage your 'attitude' is causing. We're talking real people here. Not just names on the screen.

There are thousands upon thousands of terrified young people looking in on this site wondering what life 'outside the closet' might be, and you're telling them to grow some balls and get out of the closet already because anybody with half a brain can look at them and know immediately that they're fags because every gay man has easily-identifiable feminine traits.

Seriously, Lube, this might be your opinion, but it doesn't apply to every single gay man, and it certainly didn't apply to you for so many decades. Stop thinking that you know what is best for everybody, and stop telling them that they're something that they're not. Please, think about this and think about what you're doing to people you don't even know.

It's bad enough that The Church down there is telling that gay men are condemned to a life of misery without you helping them by bullying all these young people into thinking that, by the simple fact that they're gay, they've got 'FAG' stamped on their forehead for the whole world to see.

We're not the trolls. We're the ones who are telling these young people that it's not going to be as bad as they fear. We're the ones who are telling them that it will get better. You're telling them that, as bad as they think it is, it's even worse. Stop denying it, suck it up, and get on with life.

If you still think you're right after all this, that your opinion is doing more good than harm, then I pity you.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by gsdx View Post
    There are thousands upon thousands of terrified young people looking in on this site wondering what life 'outside the closet' might be, and you're telling them to grow some balls and get out of the closet already because anybody with half a brain can look at them and know immediately that they're fags because every gay man has easily-identifiable feminine traits.
    That's when young people should go to emptyclosets.com so they can talk to friendly guys their age without having someone push them out of the closet. Not trying to be an asshole but I think if any young person is reading this post JUB is certainly not the place for younger lurkers who are struggling with their sexuality.

Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Yes, there are lurkers here trying to "figure out what's going on"

got ask got askkkkkkkk LURKERS?

like why any youngins wanna or need internet fa figure da GAY THANG whens countrys so porgressives? ans young no figure obvious?

lurkersssss peervesssss trollsss bitchs bit of escort yeahhhh bit of twink pieeeeeee

corner puncher number thang it 50 ta 80 average come a hot topic

more guys stills do da lurkys da streets all ova world fa sweet pie ta say hiiiiiii

what is nice folk wanna on sites? sexsites porn sites gay sites? ayeeeeeeee

lurkyssssssss or folk what gonna sit nice like ans paddle their cock so their tea get warm

what confuse shit ya wanna trtuth ta world?????? ON INTERNET? HA

Ipoddy or eletric gizmo toyyyyyys yeah super yeah can fiure but notttttttttttt what folk live with fa eons all ova world

this rush order so no need fuckin tip

thankyou

ans hope millions of DUDES what got gift wirte ans brain stuff POP IN livin it cause it got nice wallpaper ! KOOL!

Are you reading this?
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by GamerBear View Post
    Not trying to be an asshole but I think if any young person is reading this post JUB is certainly not the place for younger lurkers who are struggling with their sexuality.
    I know emptyclosets.com exists, but I wasn't thinking that young. I was talking about younger people who are of age to visit this site. Hell, there are men of all ages here trying to figure themselves out, and they are all being labelled unjustly.

I don't approve of Lube labelling every gay man in this forum unilaterally without offering any explanation whatsoever as to why he was able to remain in the closed for 4 decades without the whole world knowing he was gay. By his own admission, it should have been obvious to everyone. He is a contradiction to the opinion he is imposing upon everyone here.

What's worse is that he will undoubtedly deny it.

Ironic, isn't it?

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married (to a man)

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Just for my peace of mind, what is the definition of a forum lurker?

People need to come out at their rate. Sometimes gentle pushing is required, but lets not be so heavy handed. Sometimes the reluctance to come out isn't just internal. There can be potentially dangerous external forces stopping young guys (and girls) from coming out.

Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

You're just as bad as he is with these arguments.

And every time you show weakness like this, he pounces on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by FanofFiction View Post

People need to come out at their rate. Sometimes gentle pushing is required, but lets not be so heavy handed. Sometimes the reluctance to come out isn't just internal. There can be potentially dangerous external forces stopping young guys (and girls) from coming out.
    lurker mean folk look fa bit of fuck or any list of da r&r dat they a got wish try fa theirs days outins

so if folk what great educate like say LURKKKKER ans theys a wanna da rush of yung ta here their great KNOWLEDGE on internet what flat kind of confused shit

cause it like say gay youngins lurkers lookin fa da service counter their local happy place where da dudes so happy ta cater ta da nice folk what wanna lurkys all ova um

it all polite what say so no shit ma fuckin face thankyou

Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by FanofFiction View Post

it need cause it not fa kids ta do da work it ADULTS< much they little babys but me go along da lingo

ADULTS get thumb out their scared shit ans figure what is HUMAN once in any cultures piss fuckin over stuffd educate lifes

ans since GAY what invent with out take in allllllllllllll da other way folk porcess used ans so on around world cause of systems in place BY MENNNNNNNNNNN

so call rich fuckin moron countrys no help GAY they make it still dump fa anythin no gonna fit whateva status quo da HETRO WHATEVA IT IS JACK OFF ON

USA NO DA BEGIN OF LIFE ON PLANET OR ANY COUNTRY what pump out lot shit ans make worse no fuckin betta

we go sauna now ans do GAY THANGS YEAH? Get out da rope ans bit of COOR BODNDAGEEEEEEE ans COOR so many things FOLK of wack job countrys WANNA TRYYYY CAUSE IT FUNNNNNNNNNNN

ya no cans evens figure other countrys tradtions ans ways what is cut up ans mess about by media ans spit out by toons what crap all ova countrys what help them no shit nothin

masculine ans femmine no mean shit ta flypaper

ans any fuckin dude on planet no eons what da fuck it is

or sir like his meat alll cuddly wuddlys cause it how he like his illusions?!!!!!!

ans da harem of girlys titter at mans every word cause they like their neck!

Berliscone ans CO is ya listin

okay girls TITS OUT

folk think internet da great tower of HOPE ans FOLK WAY MORE KNOW STUFF

fuckin shit they no not

ans all da adminstrations folks passin paper cause they so scare do real life how ya porn?

Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

fat them it fit >by way folk know lot wet wipes get off on stand by watch ans sadistic ins their manipulations ta keep up ans their shit suckers think they KOOL

society? of list countrys is putird shit long pass shit out their assholes why ya stink!

thankyou

ans

cue anime

in africa Middle east Sount America ans INDIA ans all of um go has good camp fire ans plan ya future! it good time!

PS forgot sorry

da mental Institutions of worlds countrys is BARBARIC SHAME ON YA you da mental incompant twats of 19th 20th ans 21st cnetury

you welcome

Banned
    Orientation
    Curious
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Lex
    This is a beautiful post. I love you, man. I love honesty.

Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

fa da few dozen on internet here da rundown>no fem no mascs anywhere planet but hey no wanna upset millions of folkys in countrys of taday ans their bag of jibblets what not theirs

but theirs babys< what da little versions of humans < no easy thang of eons> GO FIGURE

so humans can manage one thing even a they go OOH what dat wavin HI out ya pussy

but please go ons enjoy ya circle jerks YEAH

how turn wine inta water! leave it ta dry HA

Orientation
    Bisexual
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by MoePhoenix7 View Post
    Agreed.

Funny thing I've noticed on this board, how guys who claim they're repulsed at the thought of dating a guy less masculine than they are, usually share the some of the same (if not all of the) qualities they're criticizing effeminate men for. At this point, the queeniest thing a guy could write on this board is how masculine and straight-acting they think they are.

I just figured guys like that just don't want to get involved with someone exactly like them. They're attracted to guys who can counterbalance not compete against their softer mannerisms.
    That is so true because most of the guys I've seen talk obsessively about the anti-fem crap are usually the ones that acts more feminine than most women in a number of ways.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married (to a man)

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Since no one answred the question yet:

A lurker is someone on a forum who usually just reads the bords, and doesn't post very often. Sometimes doesnt even have an account for the site, just visits and reads.