Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Re: Gay Gamers Unite!!

Quote Originally Posted by Effortless_Pro View Post
    I would disagree to it being the best region.
    Personally I think the Kanto/Johto Region in
    Silver and Gold were the best; two full regions.

It also says in their trailer that its "a whole new world to explore"

Possibly updated the region? Maybe got rid of some of that ridiculous amount of water that covered the region?
    Agree. Gold/Silver were the best of the series. I tried getting into White/Black and the game was 'eh' at best. It's a bit sad that Pokemon is basically the only thing keeping Nintendo alive at this point.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I would disagree to it being the best region.
    Personally I think the Kanto/Johto Region in
    Silver and Gold were the best; two full regions.

It also says in their trailer that its "a whole new world to explore"

Possibly updated the region? Maybe got rid of some of that ridiculous amount of water that covered the region?
    Gold/Silver was good but Kanto section was nothing like it was during Red/Blue. Even in HeartGold/SoulSilver the Kanto region wasn't that great. Don't get me wrong HG/SS was a great game but it still felt like Kanto was just spontaneously added on.

As for the 'new world' part it's probably an updated version of Hoenn, maybe a new city or two. It's probably new to a lot of different people since it's been 10 years since R/S came out.

Quote Originally Posted by maxpowr9 View Post
    Agree. Gold/Silver were the best of the series. I tried getting into White/Black and the game was 'eh' at best. It's a bit sad that Pokemon is basically the only thing keeping Nintendo alive at this point.
    Really? I love Black/White. The region was great, I love the fact that you could only use the new pokemon, and it truly felt like a new adventure. It reminded me of when I played Red/Blue the first time. Black2/White2 is a whole different story.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by GreyUnderscore View Post
    Gold/Silver was good but Kanto section was nothing like it was during Red/Blue. Even in HeartGold/SoulSilver the Kanto region wasn't that great. Don't get me wrong HG/SS was a great game but it still felt like Kanto was just spontaneously added on.

As for the 'new world' part it's probably an updated version of Hoenn, maybe a new city or two. It's probably new to a lot of different people since it's been 10 years since R/S came out.

Really? I love Black/White. The region was great, I love the fact that you could only use the new pokemon, and it truly felt like a new adventure. It reminded me of when I played Red/Blue the first time. Black2/White2 is a whole different story.
    I still think the HG, and SS were the best in the series so far; and I demand that they let your top party Pokémon follow you around again!

I enjoyed Black and White, and Nintendo supported it with a good chunk of WiFi and in-store events, however Black 2 and White 2 were a damn chore to play through.

My only disappointment for X&Y so far is the severe lack of events for North America, there's three Legendaries they haven't even bothered to release, and no word on Diancie since it's announcement.
    People have already found in the code, Mega Evolutions for Latias and Latios - However I guess they're meant for later... but when Nintendo? When!

Also not directed at you GU, but the previous person saying it's Pokémon keeping Nintendo alive.

It's not. Nintendo is the only company that has turned a profit and will be able to sustain itself for a long time, if the Wii U continues to disappoint sales wise.
    Their handheld market in general has garnered them a lot of wealth and relevance.
    There's tonnes of blockbuster games keeping their figures strong in that regard, and Nintndo still makes a lot of money of their other IPs like Mario, Zelda, and Donkey Kong.

They need to give me more Metroid though,
    and announce more characters for Smash Bros.
    Why are there only three villains?
    Bowser? King Dedede, and Wii Fit Trainer.

Orientation
    Gay

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by brokegayguy View Post
    I actually got Wakka's before Kimahri's, but at the time I was dumb enough to actually find blitzball kinda fun. Looking back, it's probably the worst mini-game in the series
    It was. The plot point in FFX where you have to play a Blitzball game to proceed in the storyline was probably the single most frustrating non-optional boss part of any FF game for me.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I still think the HG, and SS were the best in the series so far; and I demand that they let your top party Pokémon follow you around again!

I enjoyed Black and White, and Nintendo supported it with a good chunk of WiFi and in-store events, however Black 2 and White 2 were a damn chore to play through.

My only disappointment for X&Y so far is the severe lack of events for North America, there's three Legendaries they haven't even bothered to release, and no word on Diancie since it's announcement.
    People have already found in the code, Mega Evolutions for Latias and Latios - However I guess they're meant for later... but when Nintendo? When!

Also not directed at you GU, but the previous person saying it's Pokémon keeping Nintendo alive.

It's not. Nintendo is the only company that has turned a profit and will be able to sustain itself for a long time, if the Wii U continues to disappoint sales wise.
    Their handheld market in general has garnered them a lot of wealth and relevance.
    There's tonnes of blockbuster games keeping their figures strong in that regard, and Nintndo still makes a lot of money of their other IPs like Mario, Zelda, and Donkey Kong.

I have a feeling pokemon will follow you around this time. I also felt playing through B2/W2 was a big chore. I barely remember playing the game.

OR/AS being announced somewhat explains the lack of events for X/Y. Hopefully we'll see more events the closer we reach the release date.

Pokemon aside, I picked up Kirby Triple Deluxe today. I've only played the first 2 levels but I'm enjoying it so far. I wish I had some people around me who also had the game so we could play local multiplayer.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Um...Nintendo hasn't turned a profit for three straight years!!!

Someone must have missed the earnings call today about Nintendo that they actually fell short of its revised earnings numbers which is quite sad.
    Last edited by maxpowr9; May 7th, 2014 at 05:26 PM.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Um...Nintendo hasn't turned a profit for three straight years!!!

Someone must have missed the earnings call today about Nintendo that they actually fell short of its revised earnings numbers which is quite sad.
    I'm referring to this in particular;
    https://pfimg.playfire.com/_proxy/?u...8896f21faf3dff

They've fallen short of their projected earnings, but they're by no means not turning a profit margin.

Sex God

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by MakeDigitalLove View Post
    Played through Castle of Illusion and Brothers A Tale Of Two Sons. Both enjoyable but I really, really enjoyed Brothers. Really fun unique Puzzle Plat-former. I grabbed PSN+ today, so I am going to be snagging all the titles I can.
    Brothers is the only game I've played this year. It was excellent. I seem to have lost all enthusiasm now though. Probably because everyone is always talking about PS4 and Xbone and I'm "stuck" on PS3. I have an absolute stack of PS+ games that I've never touched. Maybe E3 will reignite my passion again.

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by dozyk74 View Post
    Brothers is the only game I've played this year. It was excellent. I seem to have lost all enthusiasm now though. Probably because everyone is always talking about PS4 and Xbone and I'm "stuck" on PS3. I have an absolute stack of PS+ games that I've never touched. Maybe E3 will reignite my passion again.
    Yea. PS+ games and a couple of the free to play fighting games are all I have been playing. Did the side stuff in Brothers and that was real cool.

Been playing Remember Me as well. Alright game, a biy clunky though.

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Got a new xbox 360 controller because they were on sale and wanted to have a second controller if people wanted to play 2 player/co-op games. Popped in Ninja Gaiden 2 and going to be going on my 3rd time going through, going to start going through the achievements of beating the game using on "x-weapon." Just for the fun and challenge.

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

And this is why I never buy consoles day one. Not only this but they're also removing the need for a Gold Membership when it comes to certain apps like Netflix and such. So basically they're trying to emulate Sony as much as possible.

Dis-Kinected Xbox One coming June 9

Sex God

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Been playing Remember Me as well. Alright game, a biy clunky though.
    I just finished that this week. I thought it was excellent. Although I did keep getting my combos in a mix.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

And this is why I never buy consoles day one. Not only this but they're also removing the need for a Gold Membership when it comes to certain apps like Netflix and such. So basically they're trying to emulate Sony as much as possible.

Dis-Kinected Xbox One coming June 9
    Again, the damage was done way back at E3 last year. I think the TRUE sign of who is gonna win this console war is when Destiny is released. If the PS4 version drastically outsells the Xbone version [no PC version], Microsoft is boned. I have been waiting to buy a PS4 for Destiny and hope there is a bundle for it too.

Orientation
    Gay

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Again, the damage was done way back at E3 last year.
    And we PC gamers are rooting *very* hard for Playstation, because we're tired of xbox ports and little dedicated PC development. My current computer is 5 years old and something like 300-400% the power of the new xbox. If xbox doesn't do well we're hoping for some return to anything other than "oh but we have to make sure this title runs on xbox too, so we're glass ceiling it at xbox stats and framerate and control schema."

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

The PC market is a bit dearth for me [well, gaming in general right now is in a rut for hot releases] but the last game I played on it was South Park and it was a lot of fun.

I don't think the price reduction will give this awesome boost to Xbone as many fanboys are intending. It may tick up in US, Canada and UK but the rest of the world does not give a shit about Microsoft.

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I have been itching to play SF because of Ultra coming out soon (June 3rd digitally) and unfortunately couldn't find my SSFIV. But awesome thing is that the free game in the second part of June for Xbox is SFIV AE v.2012. So upgrading the Ultra will only be like 15 bucks if I actually want to grab it.

On the Prowl
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

boardgaymer here! does that count?

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I did something for the first time ever and donated to a kickstarter campaign.

Kickstarter - Amplitude

As an aside, I'm pretty sure I slept with someone that works at Harmonix before but not 100%

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I never backed a kickstarter because most of the games I'd back I wouldn't be able to play on my PC or don't have a console that the game has stretch goals for. Otherwise I'd back Hover hardcore, since Sega will never deliver on a new Jet Set Radio.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...olt-of-gamers/

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Street Fighter Assassins Fist came out today and you can watch to whole series through Machinima. I thought it looked good but so far it is playing out way better than expected. Also in episode 4, Kens dad is fucking hot.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

So I beat Dark Souls II, yesterday and I feel pretty accomplished.
    I have two optional areas left, and then I'm probably going to farm the areas before I move to NG+

But it won't be to beat it all over. I'm going to move onto AC IV I guess since I got it ages ago - and clear up some other games from there.

Totally pre-ordered Mario Kart 8; Like Mouf said it looks like the best one since Double Dash (Ignoring the first DS one)
    as far as Handhelds g I am playing FFIV on the DS, I picked up Bravely Default with a Gift Card and I still have a few games where I am at the end to beat, like Tales of Graces f, and Tomb Raider.

*stares at his PS3 "Tales Of" games* I love you guys.

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Assassins Fist is by far the best adaptation of a video game when it comes to live action. I know that isn't saying much, but the people who made it clearly are fans and put a lot of heart into it. The attention to detail, the pacing, the action, the acting and casting were all so well done. There is so many good moments, especially if you're an SF fan.

I'm really blown away of how good it was. Stuff like this really shows how bad a lot of mainstream movies have gotten.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I was doing my second attempt at FFV and I can see why this game is much maligned and why the "job system" in the FF series sucks. You can go swimmingly along through about a third of the game and then you get road blocked because you need a specific job to defeat a certain boss. When you have 35 jobs to choose from, it just becomes an asinine grindfest to level up a particular job and then discard it like a condom. Outside of that stupidity, the game is not hard.

@Effortless. The DS port of FFIV is inferior to the GBA version which is quite sad. Not to mention I can play my GBA FFIV copy on my TV :-P
    Last edited by maxpowr9; May 27th, 2014 at 04:59 PM.

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Recently picked up Uncharted 2. Ive beaten 3 and my boyfriend enjoyed watching me play so I grabbed this one.

It is kind of dissapointing because the difficulty spike in the end game is ridiculous. It is really frustrating considering how many of these gun fights there are.

Look Away To The Moon. MoufOfKhaos's Avatar
    Orientation
    Gay
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Mario Kart 8!

Will be back later. Much. Later.
    "There’s death on the horizon,

and I’ll run to behold your sacrifice..."

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Played mario kart all last night with my friends. Hilarious fun but I wish they chose a more diverse group of characters. There's a lot of bowsers family in it. The maps are fantastic though and we had the best time.

I played as toad, toadette and iggy

Orientation
    Gay
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

^While I agree with you(there are SO MANY CHARACTERS IN THE MARIO/DK UNIVERSE THAT COULD HAVE BEEN CHOSEN, like Kamek or Mallow or Dementio or Mimi or Diddy Kong or King K. Rool or Mr. L{quiet all of you, Mr. L is the best character ever in life} or Captain Syrup... and that's just off the top of my head), i'm kind of glad they have The Koopalings in it. On the same token, I'm annoyed at the baby characters.

Shy Guy and Bowser, of course, are the ones i'm using so far.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

It would be great if you could play as pikachu.

You know that map of the mushroom kingdom where you race around that seaside resort? My friends are I were wondering if it had a rainbow district and then I was like well duh of course they would! To be honest I've always considered toad lgbt

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Beat Saints Row 3 yesterday, working on finishing Uncharted 2 and started Sleeping Dogs. My boyfriend is getting interested in specific games, I told him about Telltale games and I have the first episode of The Wolf Among US. We'll see how that goes.

Orientation
    Gay
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by goldenmoth View Post
    It would be great if you could play as pikachu.

You know that map of the mushroom kingdom where you race around that seaside resort? My friends are I were wondering if it had a rainbow district and then I was like well duh of course they would! To be honest I've always considered toad lgbt
    Birdo is lgbt. I don't know what would make Toad 'part of the family', but eh, I'm not playing the game(s) hoping one of them is 'one of us', i'm playing because I want to have fun.

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Mortal Kombat X

Also, that nod to the first MK movie.

Last edited by MakeDigitalLove; June 2nd, 2014 at 07:59 AM.

Orientation
    Gay
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Too bad the game won't look OR play that way, because that would be cool and make me consider playing another MK game.

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Hey there any Guildwars 2 Junkies out there? I love the game and play all the time. If anyone wants to play together that would be fun ^^. A guy can hope for a gaming buddy.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Anyone playing wolfenstein? I can't get over how much better it is than I thought. I hope they make a sequel (although I haven't finished this one yet)

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I have not played it yet, but the amount of praise it is getting makes me want to play. And the fact that there is no tact on Multiplayer because the developer wanted to focus on the single player campaign makes me happy too.

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by MoufOfKhaos View Post
    Too bad the game won't look OR play that way, because that would be cool and make me consider playing another MK game.
    To me some of it does look like game play, when it pans to the 2D plain. Also, so many people complaining about a rap song being in the trailer. Which is lame considering I don't feel like hearing dubstep or some shit nu-metal group like Disturbed.

Besides, Cody's theme in SSF4 is definitely a favorite of mine, as well as Max Anarchy Soundtrack.

Orientation
    Gay
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

^I'm glad they went with rap because I AM SICK OF EVERYONE MAKING DUBSTEP AN EVERLASTING THING. I'd rather listen to Katy Perry and Lana Del Ray(or whatever her name is) than anything that even comes close to Skrillex.

I'm always REALLY skeptical of trailers for big budget games in this day and age because they're all flash, but it doesn't ever reflect what you're going to see once you get passed the intro - unless it's Nintendo. Who show a trailer and then show gameplay right behind it. Has gotten to the point where I just stopped watching trailers and started watching play-throughs - I guess that makes me cynical.

Also, sorry Guildfan, I haven't played that game in at LEAST 8 years... don't really remember too much about it.

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I really dug the Story mode on the last MK, it was really well done and a lot of fun. Outside of the last boss, Shao Khan who was complete bullshit. So I definitely have faith in at least that because they have already shown they can do a good job. I would love to see that kind of story mode fleshed out in other fighters.

For PS3 dudes there is a real decent RPG sale going on PSN till Friday I believe. Just bought Ni No Kuni for 4.99, Dragon Age Origins was also 4.99, Mass Effect trilogy for 14.99 as well as other RPGs.

Orientation
    Gay
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Mario Kart 8? Fuck that, it's Luigi Kart 8 now.

No fucks given about his enemies. Luigi wins races. End of story.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I just got a racing simulator set up and am playing Grand Turismo 6...........I have never been a "gamer" but this thing is incredibly fun.

Orientation
    Gay
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I never was a big fan of the Turismo games, but, maybe if I was more into real cars it'd be my thing.

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Luigi is so evil, so good.

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Ni No Kuni is pretty fun.

Just read the new Mirrors Edge will be shown at E3, so pumped.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

It's fun till it turns into "Pokémon". Then it becomes a shit game.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I finally picked up and finished Bioshock Infinite including Burial At Sea. I can't understand how much I enjoyed that DLC.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

No way! I love mirrors edge! I can't wait to play a game as a character other than a gravelly voice white man in his thirties

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

It's fun till it turns into "Pokémon". Then it becomes a shit game.
    I figured it might but that isn't the biggest deal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenmoth View Post
    No way! I love mirrors edge! I can't wait to play a game as a character other than a gravelly voice white man in his thirties
    Hahaha, seriously. The first one had its problems and I don't think was worth 60 bucks but I still enjoyed it quite a bit. Beating the game and then going through it again knowing the levels was a lot of fun.

Also Crystal Dynamic (Tomb Raider) is bringing a new IP to the table, kind of pumped for that as well considering the reboot of Tomb Raider was real good.

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by hotrocks View Post
    I finally picked up and finished Bioshock Infinite including Burial At Sea. I can't understand how much I enjoyed that DLC.
    I haven't gotten to this yet because I've been backlogged on games, but I really want to get these.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Have to keep an eye on that crystal dynamics ip then, I wasn't aware of it.

Looks like it's going to be a fun e3 this year!

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Yep! Last year I almost coudn't be bothered, but this year there are a few things that I can't wait to see.