JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

remove these banner ads by becoming a JUB Supporter.

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1014151620 ... LastLast
Results 701 to 750 of 1018
  1. #701

    Re: retail workers: tell us your stupid customers

    You'd think you would discourage more people from shoplifting if they knew something would actually happen to them if they attempted it. You're kind of asking for people to come and test the waters and see what they can get away with.
    http://www.justusboys.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic216959_1.gif

  2. #702
    Chief Meteorologist
    jdcnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Dallas-Fort Worth
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    5,541
    Blog Entries
    12

    Code of Conduct

    Re: retail workers: tell us your stupid customers

    ^ I know, and frankly, I agree with you, actually. But often times corporate sees it differently (wrongly) that we need to be politically correct when dealing with the criminal element in our stores.

    Thankfully my company, Walgreens, isn't Walmart. We aren't nearly as hands-off as Walmart is. (Remember that press release a few years back - theft under $25 bucks in value we won't bother with.)

    Plus, Dallas Police do make rounds in my store's neighborhood at night.
    Dallas Pride - 9.21.2014
    I. Can't. Wait.

  3. #703
    Intoner MakeDigitalLove's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Voorhees
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    1,987

    Code of Conduct

    Re: retail workers: tell us your stupid customers

    Quote Originally Posted by borg69unimatrix View Post
    You'd think you would discourage more people from shoplifting if they knew something would actually happen to them if they attempted it. You're kind of asking for people to come and test the waters and see what they can get away with.
    I would love to be able to get all of these people in trouble with the proper authorities if it was completely under my control. There are regulars that come to my store who blatantly rip us off because they have several of our store cards and corporate knows this, but if we follow the actual rules, these regulars will throw a bitch fit and get their way anyway.

    Recently a Cashier quit after a bad night where a lady called her retarded. This lady has been coming in for years and has treated the employees like shit, but we have to treat her like gold.

    It is all a load of bullshit coming from the top that we, in the store who actually have to deal with it face to face can't do much about.

  4. #704
    Active bendted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,123

    Code of Conduct

    Re: retail workers: tell us your stupid customers

    I work at the WM garage. The shop was closed. I was working the register for half an hour. Guy comes in looking for a boat tire. I sell it to him as a retail transaction. "Oh could I have that put on?", he asks. "No, the shop closes at seven, there is no one to put it on for you ,so we couldn't do anything for you tonight". Out of the twilight zone, the clueless wife asks he if could go out back to put it on himself, using our machinery and shop. The husband, who looked like he never worked a day in his life, says "Yeah...how 'bout it?" Amazing. I told a manager the next day and we both burst out laughing at the naked absurdity of it all.
    Last edited by bendted; September 5th, 2013 at 02:49 PM.
    If you could just put a light bulb over every gay personís head, people would see just how well-lit their streets and cities are.
    -Alexey Odintsov

  5. #705
    JUB Addict evanrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Seattle
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,542
    Blog Entries
    16

    Code of Conduct

    Re: retail workers: tell us your stupid customers

    speaking of criminal elements....i got federal authorities to come to my workplace once, my proudest moment.


    shoplifting is not a victimless crime.
    http://forum.justusboys.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic30903_2.gif

  6. #706
    Chief Meteorologist
    jdcnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Dallas-Fort Worth
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    5,541
    Blog Entries
    12

    Code of Conduct

    Re: retail workers: tell us your stupid customers

    ^ Nice!

    By the way... --> http://mayihelpyoutoday.tumblr.com/
    Dallas Pride - 9.21.2014
    I. Can't. Wait.

  7. #707

    Re: retail workers: tell us your stupid customers

    Quote Originally Posted by jdcnow View Post
    ^^^^
    http://www.justusboys.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic216959_1.gif

  8. #708
    JUB 10k Club
    PreTTy PeTe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    28,294

    Code of Conduct

    Re: retail workers: tell us your stupid customers

    Quote Originally Posted by evanrick View Post
    speaking of criminal elements....i got federal authorities to come to my workplace once, my proudest moment.


    shoplifting is not a victimless crime.
    the feds and shoplifting. how odd.




  9. #709

    Re: retail workers: tell us your stupid customers

    Ok, all you store workers... I got a gripe!!!

    WHY is it that all the stores are making their aisles so damn thin???

    It used to be you could comfortably get two lane shopping carts through them, and now it seems, even with the newer, smaller carts you have to rub carts and the product aisles just to squeeze by other shoppers.

    What's next? The aisles are going to be one way only?



    ... and I HATE those damn old ladies who stop right in the middle of the aisle, oblivious she's blocking traffic for everyone who wants to get around her.
    http://www.justusboys.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic216959_1.gif

  10. #710
    Chief Meteorologist
    jdcnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Dallas-Fort Worth
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    5,541
    Blog Entries
    12

    Code of Conduct

    Re: retail workers: tell us your stupid customers

    ^ I'll never forget when I got hired on at Walmart, my first store with the company was an experimental-format store (a plus-sized Neighborhood Market with double the normal general merchandise). The project managers corporate had assigned didn't know their asses from a hold in the ground. We got the gondola shelves for the main grocery aisles set up in the center part of the store. Only problem was, where we were told to set them the first night actually stole 10 inches away from the front checkouts. And therefore, we on the overnight crew had to spend the entire shift the next night moving all two dozen gondola shelves back 10 inches.

    The lack of space boils down to people (architects and way-overpaid project managers who want speed and "Git 'Er Done!" at the expense of quality work and doing shit right the first time!!!
    Dallas Pride - 9.21.2014
    I. Can't. Wait.

  11. #711

    Re: retail workers: tell us your stupid customers

    I kind of thought it was connected to our previous conversation about stores trying to be too much, to too many people and trying to pack WAY too many products/variations in the stores so they too could be "One Stop Shopping".

    Fred Meyers is interesting to me. They were kinda like K-Mart, back in the day with less expensive stuff. They also had a lumber/construction supplies area, a HUGE garden center, and a pretty good sized Auto parts (and tires?) area. Now days they have household products, clothing and groceries at higher prices (competing with Target type stores), and have WAY scaled down their auto parts and garden centers. The lumber/construction part is gone, and they put in gas stations.
    http://www.justusboys.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic216959_1.gif

  12. #712
    Chief Meteorologist
    jdcnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Dallas-Fort Worth
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    5,541
    Blog Entries
    12

    Code of Conduct

    Re: retail workers: tell us your stupid customers

    Let me be clear about how much I enjoy my off days.



    But at the same time, I do actually miss some of the shenanigans I don't get to see when I'm not there. This stuff is somewhere between Wow. Just wow. and /facepalm, and honestly, some are actually a mix of both.

    >> There was the gentleman who honest to god, though that Monistat would be with the anti-itch creams and ointments (Benedryl, etc.)...



    I'm proud of myself...This is professionalism - I took a fully loaded situation that was literally handed to me on a chrome platter (not even silver was good enough! This stuff was chrome!) and shut my yap, as I walked back the situation and walked him back to our ladies' hygiene and sexual goods aisle.

    This guy literally thought Monistat would be in first aid with the rub-on anti-itch creams.

    >> Our dress-stasher lady was back, the one I wrote about earlier in this thread (last week, she tried to jack a cigarette lighter right in front of me because she blamed me for her card not going through). I will give her credit, she behaved herself this time (for her, anyway...). She asks me to help her look for the tongue scrapers on our dental wall at the back of the store. So I help her look, as she continues to talk endlessly...

    Then she tells me about how her last trip to the dentist was so back, etc. She then manages to open her mouth and show me the spots on her teeth that were screwed up. As diplomatically as I know how to say this - Lady, I do not want to look at the cavities in your mouth!

    >> There was the lady who came in with a shirt on and no bra.



    Ladies, ladies, ladies, stay classy, PLEASE! - I am a gay male. A men-loving, dick-loving gay male. So the last thing I want to see is a woman who comes out in public - as delicately as I know how to put this - with her headlights on, and apparently, turned up to high. I'm pretty sure I don't need to know how you have those pointy nipples that stick out, that some straight guys go ape shit for. Just no, hon! Stay classy. Just sayin.

    >> And finally, the guy who tried to hold me a conversation about professional sports when I checked him out in the photo lab, with a new customer walking up to my front door counter wanting cigarettes. Plus, I was in Photo Lab getting an internet order printed. I don't mind waiting on a customer even when I'm busy - that's what we're here for - customer service. But customer service is not me standing there for 10 minutes while you chatterbox on about why I don't like professional sports when I've got another customer waiting and waiting at my front counter, plus I've got a photo order I'm trying to run through the system and get printed out. Work is literally piling up on me by the second.

    So when I try my best to politely cut you off and not answer your question, that's not me being rude. That's called my job has demanded that I step up and be a little bit speedier, and be in multiple places at once, and I don't have the time to stand around and talk about why I don't like or follow professional sports to a person whom I don't even know. Frankly, his questions about me, and my racial background were more than a little forward and personal than what I'm comfortable sharing with a complete and total stranger I just met minutes before, anyway.

    One of the first things one should be taught in this profession is that in retail/customer service, you don't know who's going to walk in your store at any given point in time, day or night. You don't know if they're a good upstanding citizen or a street-walker, a drug dealer, etc. Especially when my store is in the city. I've heard reports from the managers that there have been people literally using needles and shooting up drugs in our parking lot, in their cars. Honestly, how do I know that this man isn't a stalker? All anyone who visits my store needs to know is that I work the night shift, and my name is Joe. And may I help you find something? That's it.
    Dallas Pride - 9.21.2014
    I. Can't. Wait.

  13. #713
    Intoner MakeDigitalLove's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Voorhees
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    1,987

    Code of Conduct

    Re: retail workers: tell us your stupid customers

    Unfortunately this isn't as much as a stupid customer as it is a scumbag.

    On Wednesday this lady called and claimed that she wanted to return stuff that was packed with Milk and Eggs because these things broke open and got all over said items. The Manager on duty said it is OK because this lady claimed it was only a few things. This lady came in later in the day when another Manager was on duty and had over $200 dollars worth of stuff (that didn't have Milk or Eggs on it). And she didn't have the receipt. The Manager did the return because the lady claimed to the Manager she talked to on the phone and this one that she talked to the District Manager.

    As it turns out, this was a scam. Which really doesn't surprise me and can't fathom why the Manager still did this even with the claim of speaking to a DM. The Manager is partially at fault for this but I do feel bad that this will probably end up in a termination because of some low life scum bag.

  14. #714
    Chief Meteorologist
    jdcnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Dallas-Fort Worth
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    5,541
    Blog Entries
    12

    Code of Conduct

    Re: retail workers: tell us your stupid customers

    ^ That's OK hon! When I was a supervisor last summer at a Walmart Supercenter, store policy per Asset Protection is that at the service desk, if a merchandise return is over $100 in value without a receipt, the matter is automatically escalated up to a salaried member of management being called to come handle the situation, and make the call to OK the return or not.

    One day, this woman brought back an Xbox, no receipt. Not going any further, my service desk cashier escalates it to me. I learn the situation and automatically call for a member of management. One of the snootier managers comes up there, I tell him the situation. He turns around on me, "Well, what does policy say?" Me >> "Policy states that over $100 refund and no receipt, escalate the matter to management immediately." He scrunched his nose up at me when I said that. Not my problem that that wasn't what you wanted to hear. Without even so much as checking out the Xbox, the manager asked the woman if she had an ID. She's like, yeah. The manager's like OK, refund approved.

    One of the other service desk cashiers taught us later, how to verify and trace video game systems by serial numbers. Turns out not only was it past Walmart's 90-day guarantee, the Xbox had actually been bought the Halloween prior at a Game Stop.



    And that, ladies and germs, is why Walmart policy is, that if the return is over $100 in value and with no receipt, escalate it to management immediately. It's that manager's ass, not mine, and not the service desk cashier's.
    Dallas Pride - 9.21.2014
    I. Can't. Wait.

  15. #715
    Chief Meteorologist
    jdcnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Dallas-Fort Worth
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    5,541
    Blog Entries
    12

    Code of Conduct

    Re: retail workers: tell us your stupid customers

    Honestly, some days, I love my job for the sheer entertainment value alone.

    To the shoplifter who came into my store at 3am this morning...

    If you come into my store and try to shoplift from me again, I will personally make you my bitch.

    Former employee of my store, known for stealing, tried to sweep us tonight. He was high as a kite, too. He would have easily failed a walk-a-straight-line test. He tried to steal a whole case of Dos Equis beer. We caught him in store. He went outside to go smoke - what, I couldn't see.

    Then he tries to come back. Up by our front checkout candy, we have these little cell phone car and wall chargers. We think he got us for one of those. So he comes in and buzzes all around the store. He finally comes to get a charger. He asks to borrow mine, I lie and say I don't have one.

    He hunts all around the store. He finally comes up to the counter, while I'm behind the counter, and with my manager looking on from the photo lab. We both suspect, but can't prove anything.

    Finally, he bends down, like he'd dropped something - he's stashing his stolen goods. That's OK. I got approval from my overnight manager I work with - the next time he comes in and pulls that bend-over stunt, I'm going to pull out my gay card and cruise his ass out loud - "You got a nice ass, bro!" As long as I don't actually touch him, I can verbally harass him all I want. I'm going to go full throttle and verbally proposition him for sex. Hopefully, homophobia will work to my advantage for a change, and he'll get scared and not come back.

    I did tell a Dallas Police officer who came in as a customer - he patrols my store's area. I've told him. And turns out, this shoplifter actually works at the fried chicken joint behind my store. I'm going in early tonight, to go talk with the shift manager at that restaurant.

    This guy, turns out, has been arrested for drug charges before. But I'm going to be like, "I've got some Trojans on me, and I go to lunch here in a few. Meet me in the men's room?" My manager died laughing when I floated the idea. It's 3am and the store's empty. The cameras don't record audio, video only, it turns out.

    My store manager told me that next time he comes in, call the cops and serve him with a No Trespass - a lifetime banning from our store.

    Dallas Pride - 9.21.2014
    I. Can't. Wait.

  16. #716

    Re: retail workers: tell us your stupid customers

    Quote Originally Posted by jdcnow View Post
    ^ That's OK hon! When I was a supervisor last summer at a Walmart Supercenter, store policy per Asset Protection is that at the service desk, if a merchandise return is over $100 in value without a receipt, the matter is automatically escalated up to a salaried member of management being called to come handle the situation, and make the call to OK the return or not.

    One day, this woman brought back an Xbox, no receipt. Not going any further, my service desk cashier escalates it to me. I learn the situation and automatically call for a member of management. One of the snootier managers comes up there, I tell him the situation. He turns around on me, "Well, what does policy say?" Me >> "Policy states that over $100 refund and no receipt, escalate the matter to management immediately." He scrunched his nose up at me when I said that. Not my problem that that wasn't what you wanted to hear. Without even so much as checking out the Xbox, the manager asked the woman if she had an ID. She's like, yeah. The manager's like OK, refund approved.

    One of the other service desk cashiers taught us later, how to verify and trace video game systems by serial numbers. Turns out not only was it past Walmart's 90-day guarantee, the Xbox had actually been bought the Halloween prior at a Game Stop.



    And that, ladies and germs, is why Walmart policy is, that if the return is over $100 in value and with no receipt, escalate it to management immediately. It's that manager's ass, not mine, and not the service desk cashier's.
    Considering how computerized everything is now days, I'm surprised that nearly everything isn't able to be scanned to tell you where and when it was purchased. My BF shops at Fred Meyers a lot, and uses his "Rewards" card. It gives him discounts on gas, but the really nice thing about it is if there's a food recall, they call him and notify him of it.

    I buy everything in cash, so I gotta do it old school and save my receipts.
    http://www.justusboys.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic216959_1.gif

  17. #717
    Chief Meteorologist
    jdcnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Dallas-Fort Worth
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    5,541
    Blog Entries
    12

    Code of Conduct

    Re: retail workers: tell us your stupid customers

    Quote Originally Posted by jdcnow View Post
    Honestly, some days, I love my job for the sheer entertainment value alone.

    To the shoplifter who came into my store at 3am this morning...

    If you come into my store and try to shoplift from me again, I will personally make you my bitch.

    Former employee of my store, known for stealing, tried to sweep us tonight. He was high as a kite, too. He would have easily failed a walk-a-straight-line test. He tried to steal a whole case of Dos Equis beer. We caught him in store. He went outside to go smoke - what, I couldn't see.

    Then he tries to come back. Up by our front checkout candy, we have these little cell phone car and wall chargers. We think he got us for one of those. So he comes in and buzzes all around the store. He finally comes to get a charger. He asks to borrow mine, I lie and say I don't have one.

    He hunts all around the store. He finally comes up to the counter, while I'm behind the counter, and with my manager looking on from the photo lab. We both suspect, but can't prove anything.

    Finally, he bends down, like he'd dropped something - he's stashing his stolen goods. That's OK. I got approval from my overnight manager I work with - the next time he comes in and pulls that bend-over stunt, I'm going to pull out my gay card and cruise his ass out loud - "You got a nice ass, bro!" As long as I don't actually touch him, I can verbally harass him all I want. I'm going to go full throttle and verbally proposition him for sex. Hopefully, homophobia will work to my advantage for a change, and he'll get scared and not come back.

    I did tell a Dallas Police officer who came in as a customer - he patrols my store's area. I've told him. And turns out, this shoplifter actually works at the fried chicken joint behind my store. I'm going in early tonight, to go talk with the shift manager at that restaurant.

    This guy, turns out, has been arrested for drug charges before. But I'm going to be like, "I've got some Trojans on me, and I go to lunch here in a few. Meet me in the men's room?" My manager died laughing when I floated the idea. It's 3am and the store's empty. The cameras don't record audio, video only, it turns out.

    My store manager told me that next time he comes in, call the cops and serve him with a No Trespass - a lifetime banning from our store.

    Well, let's see what happens tonight... Honestly, I hope his ass comes back for more. I SO want to criminal trespass his ass!

    Dallas Pride - 9.21.2014
    I. Can't. Wait.

  18. #718
    Active bendted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,123

    Code of Conduct

    Re: retail workers: tell us your stupid customers

    Here's a quick one. A guy's car crapped out on him on the far side of the parking lot. Dead battery. He asks for a jump + new battery. We can't go to his car for liability reasons. He storms out and complains to customer service desk. They confirm we were following SOP.
    He comes back to the shop, resigned to by a battery and install it himself. My co-worker, sensing that this guy is as non mechanically inclined as it gets, asks him if he had any tools.
    "Tools? I need tools to replace a battery?" No, it's just like a flashlight. Unscrew the bottom and drop in your new battery. He left. Hilarity ensued between the co worker and I.
    If you could just put a light bulb over every gay personís head, people would see just how well-lit their streets and cities are.
    -Alexey Odintsov

  19. #719

    Re: retail workers: tell us your stupid customers

    ^^^
    http://www.justusboys.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic216959_1.gif

  20. #720
    Chief Meteorologist
    jdcnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Dallas-Fort Worth
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    5,541
    Blog Entries
    12

    Code of Conduct

    Re: retail workers: tell us your stupid customers

    OMFG, I'm tired of spending over half my shift having to play Duck Hunt, chasing these damn shoplifters all around my god damned store!!!

    After the awful night I had at my store, I honestly don't know what I want more - sleep or porn.
    Dallas Pride - 9.21.2014
    I. Can't. Wait.

  21. #721
    Dejavudoo
    Guest

    Re: retail workers: tell us your stupid customers

    Ain't tha criminal element a joy?


  22. #722
    Intoner MakeDigitalLove's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Voorhees
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    1,987

    Code of Conduct

    Re: retail workers: tell us your stupid customers

    Quote Originally Posted by jdcnow View Post
    ^ That's OK hon! When I was a supervisor last summer at a Walmart Supercenter, store policy per Asset Protection is that at the service desk, if a merchandise return is over $100 in value without a receipt, the matter is automatically escalated up to a salaried member of management being called to come handle the situation, and make the call to OK the return or not.
    Well, as it turns out this lady not only just scam us, she didn't even come in with anything in the first place. She picked up a basket walked around the store, grabbed the items, pulled our store bag out of her purse put some of the items in there and brought it all to the register. Unfortunately there were only 2 people working, so it is hard to keep an eye on everyone. But I personally watch people walk into the store if I am working upfront.

  23. #723
    Chief Meteorologist
    jdcnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Dallas-Fort Worth
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    5,541
    Blog Entries
    12

    Code of Conduct

    Re: retail workers: tell us your stupid customers

    Quote Originally Posted by MakeDigitalLove View Post
    Well, as it turns out this lady not only just scam us, she didn't even come in with anything in the first place. She picked up a basket walked around the store, grabbed the items, pulled our store bag out of her purse put some of the items in there and brought it all to the register. Unfortunately there were only 2 people working, so it is hard to keep an eye on everyone. But I personally watch people walk into the store if I am working upfront.
    I do, too. I watch them like a hawk!

    Incident from last night... So this woman comes up and she wants to pay for her transaction with multiple forms of payment. OK, no problem. After she'd ran her food stamp EBT card, and a store gift card she had, the total came down to $5.40. She'd handed me $0.40 cents first, then handed me 2 one dollar bills.

    I key the cash she just handed me in. I politely tell her she still has $3 left to go. She honestly couldn't understand why. "You gave me $2.40, ma'am." "I gave you five dollars," she replies. I have the cash money she'd just handed to me in my hands in front of her. She's aggravated and starts to raise her voice at me, insisting that she'd giving me the correct amount, with the unsaid, but insinuated question of why did I need $3 more?

    That's when I try my dead-level best to be polite and diplomatic. But at the same time, now, Im going to have to break out the 1st grade math lecture. As respectfully as I knew how, I literally had to tell her, while holding up the money she'd gave me, "Five dollars and forty cents (pointing at the register screen between us), take away Two Dollars and Forty Cents (holding the money up to where she could see), equals the three dollars you still owe me, ma'am." She finally looks down at my hands and realizes that she'd only given me two $1 bills and not the five she thought she'd given me. She apologizes profusely.

    Dallas Pride - 9.21.2014
    I. Can't. Wait.

  24. #724
    Likes cock.
    ChickenGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Brighton, England
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    5,184

    Code of Conduct

    Re: retail workers: tell us your stupid customers

    About the shoplifters.... it shouldn't have to be your job to be watching them like a hawk - either they take something, or they don't - and wouldn't security cameras easily pick them up and catch them in the act?

    If not, then let's say a daily stock count was taken and it was discovered an item had been stolen overnight or something. Would it be a case of reviewing the camera footage and looking for loiterers and suspicious behaviour near to the shelf?

    On second thoughts I suppose maybe they've developed the skill of sleight of hand, much like a magician has, and so maybe it's unprovable.

    Just thinking aloud.

  25. #725
    Chief Meteorologist
    jdcnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Dallas-Fort Worth
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    5,541
    Blog Entries
    12

    Code of Conduct

    Re: retail workers: tell us your stupid customers

    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenGuy View Post
    About the shoplifters.... it shouldn't have to be your job to be watching them like a hawk - either they take something, or they don't - and wouldn't security cameras easily pick them up and catch them in the act?

    If not, then let's say a daily stock count was taken and it was discovered an item had been stolen overnight or something. Would it be a case of reviewing the camera footage and looking for loiterers and suspicious behaviour near to the shelf?

    On second thoughts I suppose maybe they've developed the skill of sleight of hand, much like a magician has, and so maybe it's unprovable.

    Just thinking aloud.
    No. I see your thought process, but simply monitoring the cameras after the fact will only increase the shoplifting problem without us there to actively and aggressively intervene to stop it. It simply is not enough.

    Sometimes, my work (straightening/fronting merchandise on shelves, stocking merchandise, etc.) will literally have to come to a dead stop just to have to sit there and watch the shoplifters.

    I remember on my last rotation how this woman literally shopped our cosmetics wall for over an hour at 3am. Follow your common sense logic - who, honestly would be up at that hour, just to come to Walgreens to look at makeup? Turns out, she had her purse with her, and was not only loading up, but was trying some of the nail polish and stuff on, as she sat on our floor. After she left, we found multiple packages of makeup that had been attempted to be opened.

    One thing about retail - theft, if not actively and aggressively controlled, can actually cost managers and employees their jobs, eventually. High theft/high shrink stores do not look good on a store manager or the employees who work there. If it gets to the point where a store's higher-ups or corporate starts getting suspicious as to why there is so much theft and loss in a store, they will start looking at the employees, from the store manager on down. I've seen it happen in another store (different company) where theft was so bad that everyone except the store manager was literally fired and let go of because they failed to aggressively stop theft in the stores to the point that that store location became a high theft store. The only reason the store manager wasn't fired is that turns out, she'd been secretly keeping a spiral notebook diary of what went on each day to where it protected her ass.
    Dallas Pride - 9.21.2014
    I. Can't. Wait.

  26. #726
    Chief Meteorologist
    jdcnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Dallas-Fort Worth
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    5,541
    Blog Entries
    12

    Code of Conduct

    Re: retail workers: tell us your stupid customers

    Incident from last night...

    This woman comes in with her boyfriend. The girl is my height - 6ft, her boyfriend is a little shorter than her, a blonde guy. My manager saw them, and instructed me to watch them. So I follow them to one of the aisles in the pharmacy. She has what turns out was the most expensive multipack of lice medicine we have ($24.99). I follow them to that aisle and start straightening merchandise. My manager walks by. "I'll straighten this aisle, then start on the clearance section and Halloween candy." "OK," he says. She whispers to her boyfriend to hurry up and leave, and that she's getting pissed off. She finally convinces him, "Let's go to CVS." She throws the merchandise in my direction hard, and storms off. Not being bashful about it, I follow right behind her as she storms out of the store. "Have a nice day! " I call out in fake customer service cheerfulness.



    If she were doing nothing wrong, why did my mere presence anger her so much?
    Dallas Pride - 9.21.2014
    I. Can't. Wait.

  27. #727

    Re: retail workers: tell us your stupid customers

    Quote Originally Posted by jdcnow View Post
    Incident from last night...

    This woman comes in with her boyfriend. The girl is my height - 6ft, her boyfriend is a little shorter than her, a blonde guy. My manager saw them, and instructed me to watch them. So I follow them to one of the aisles in the pharmacy. She has what turns out was the most expensive multipack of lice medicine we have ($24.99). I follow them to that aisle and start straightening merchandise. My manager walks by. "I'll straighten this aisle, then start on the clearance section and Halloween candy." "OK," he says. She whispers to her boyfriend to hurry up and leave, and that she's getting pissed off. She finally convinces him, "Let's go to CVS." She throws the merchandise in my direction hard, and storms off. Not being bashful about it, I follow right behind her as she storms out of the store. "Have a nice day! " I call out in fake customer service cheerfulness.



    If she were doing nothing wrong, why did my mere presence anger her so much?
    You should have called CVS and warned them they were coming!
    http://www.justusboys.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic216959_1.gif

  28. #728
    Chief Meteorologist
    jdcnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Dallas-Fort Worth
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    5,541
    Blog Entries
    12

    Code of Conduct

    Re: retail workers: tell us your stupid customers

    Quote Originally Posted by borg69unimatrix View Post
    You should have called CVS and warned them they were coming!
    Even though I've lived here for two years, I'm only familiar with the areas I personally frequent. I couldn't get the specific CVS they were going to. The only one in the area I'm actually familiar with actually closes at night.

    Honestly, I'm seriously thinking of investing in some walkie-talkies for use on my shifts, for when my manager is in an area of the store (the freezer, out behind our building throwing away trash, etc.), where he can't hear me over the PA system, or vice versa.

    And there's another step I'm taking in secret to put a stop to this, too.

    One way or another, the shoplifting foolishness WILL STOP on my shifts.
    Dallas Pride - 9.21.2014
    I. Can't. Wait.

  29. #729
    JUB Addict roadtripboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,887

    Code of Conduct

    Re: retail workers: tell us your stupid customers

    One thing I just don't understand.

    Why do people bring a full cart of groceries through the self-check? I watched a woman do this last night. It took her 44 minutes to check herself out. This was an order that even our slowest cashier could check out in 10 minutes.

    I might could understand this if we had long lines. But, last night was slow and the lines weren't long. We have some folks we have to watch because they use the self check, but don't scan all their items. But this woman wasn't one of those.

    I just don't get it!

  30. #730

    Re: retail workers: tell us your stupid customers

    Quote Originally Posted by jdcnow View Post
    Even though I've lived here for two years, I'm only familiar with the areas I personally frequent. I couldn't get the specific CVS they were going to. The only one in the area I'm actually familiar with actually closes at night.

    Honestly, I'm seriously thinking of investing in some walkie-talkies for use on my shifts, for when my manager is in an area of the store (the freezer, out behind our building throwing away trash, etc.), where he can't hear me over the PA system, or vice versa.

    And there's another step I'm taking in secret to put a stop to this, too.

    One way or another, the shoplifting foolishness WILL STOP on my shifts.
    What if you took their pictures, and displayed them on the front door - like a wanted poster.

    "Caught Shoplifting"



    You could even circulate copies to other stores, so they too could be on the look out for these individuals.
    http://www.justusboys.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic216959_1.gif

  31. #731
    Chief Meteorologist
    jdcnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Dallas-Fort Worth
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    5,541
    Blog Entries
    12

    Code of Conduct

    Re: retail workers: tell us your stupid customers

    ^ Like most ideas that are actually brilliant, it has to be OKed by corporate. The words, "Aaaand No!" come to mind. I've thought of that too. /fist bump...
    Dallas Pride - 9.21.2014
    I. Can't. Wait.

  32. #732
    Likes cock.
    ChickenGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Brighton, England
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    5,184

    Code of Conduct

    Re: retail workers: tell us your stupid customers

    I mean, there's obviously some sort of sanction that can be applied to them, otherwise what is stopping them from just brazenly walking into the store, grabbing an expensive item in full view, and then just marching straight out while flipping the finger to you?

    Out of curiosity Joe what would you do, and what would your bosses do, if someone actually did that?

  33. #733
    Chief Meteorologist
    jdcnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Dallas-Fort Worth
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    5,541
    Blog Entries
    12

    Code of Conduct

    Re: retail workers: tell us your stupid customers

    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenGuy View Post
    I mean, there's obviously some sort of sanction that can be applied to them, otherwise what is stopping them from just brazenly walking into the store, grabbing an expensive item in full view, and then just marching straight out while flipping the finger to you?

    Out of curiosity Joe what would you do, and what would your bosses do, if someone actually did that?
    The most we can do in that kind of a case is ban them and no-trespass them from the store, and if they step foot back in, it's a case for the police.

    We're actually at the moment trying to trap our main shoplifter who keeps hitting us over and over. I've actually been instructed to keep my cell phone on me at all times. If I see one of our shoplifters/trouble making customers, I have been instructed to just hold them a polite conversation while playing with my phone in front of them.

    My phone is also to be on silent mode, so that when I go into my phone's camera, you don't hear it when I snap a picture. So what looks like me playing on my phone right in front of a customer is actually me snapping a pic of our perp, and doing rather sneaky surveillance. And they honestly don't catch on to what I'm going, either. /facepalm...
    Dallas Pride - 9.21.2014
    I. Can't. Wait.

  34. #734
    JUB Addict m1thousand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Vancouver area
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,287
    Blog Entries
    3

    Code of Conduct

    Re: retail workers: tell us your stupid customers

    I went to Staples to pick up my dead hard drive that would have been $1,000 to recover the data. The bill for the diagnostics and the extra hard drive I had to buy because they would transfer the data onto it. The cost was $168.

    They were to charge me $59 for looking at the hard drive. And since I didnt need the hard drive, I returned that. The woman gave me a full refund and she forgot to then charge me the $59. I got $168 returned!!!!
    Last edited by m1thousand; September 22nd, 2013 at 11:49 PM.

  35. #735
    Active bendted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,123

    Code of Conduct

    Re: retail workers: tell us your stupid customers

    Quote Originally Posted by m1thousand View Post
    I went to Staples to pick up my dead hard drive that would have been $1,000 to recover the data. The bill for the diagnostics and the extra hard drive I had to buy because they would transfer the data onto it. The cost was $168.

    They were to charge me $59 for looking at the hard drive. And since I didnt need the hard drive, I returned that. The woman gave me a full refund and she forgot to then charge me the $59. I got $168 returned!!!!

    Don't get too comfortable yet. If you paid with a cc and they catch the mistake you will be appropriately charged.
    If you could just put a light bulb over every gay personís head, people would see just how well-lit their streets and cities are.
    -Alexey Odintsov

  36. #736
    JUB Addict m1thousand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Vancouver area
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,287
    Blog Entries
    3

    Code of Conduct

    Re: retail workers: tell us your stupid customers

    we'll see

    .....
    Last edited by m1thousand; September 23rd, 2013 at 11:36 PM.

  37. #737
    JUB Addict Georgiadude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Atlanta
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,921

    Code of Conduct

    Re: retail workers: tell us your stupid customers

    I would have spoken up and paid what I owed. Just the way I was raised

    Steven

  38. #738
    Chief Meteorologist
    jdcnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Dallas-Fort Worth
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    5,541
    Blog Entries
    12

    Code of Conduct

    Re: retail workers: tell us your stupid customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Georgiadude View Post
    I would have spoken up and paid what I owed. Just the way I was raised

    Steven
    This.

    Of course, when it comes to debt and owing people money, I readily admit - I'm the oddball crazy mofo that will hunt you down at 2 in the morning just to pay you off, because I owe you money. (I've actually got ridiculously good credit to show for it too, despite being in medical debt for a good chunk of my 20s.) Whatever kind of debt it is, it's either on my conscience, on my credit, or both. And I want to keep both clean as much as I can. I'm anal about debt of any kind.

    Now, if one were to go back to the store, and the store theoretically says, "You know what? That was our fault for not charging you when we should have. Our mistake, this one's on us." If they say that, then forget about it. And some places will do that, if the amount they forgot to charge was fairly small. I don't know of a business that would just willy-nilly let $60 bucks walk out the door just as big as you please, like that (***coughWalmartcough***), excuse me, there's a bit of a draft in here.

    But seriously, honesty is always the best policy. And, if nothing else, there's always that magical word...



    Just sayin'
    Dallas Pride - 9.21.2014
    I. Can't. Wait.

  39. #739
    JUB Addict m1thousand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Vancouver area
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,287
    Blog Entries
    3

    Code of Conduct

    Re: retail workers: tell us your stupid customers

    I have been someone who has been honest in the past and my sister would say "if they make a mistake, dont tell them" (paraphrasing). Because I would tell a cashier that "you forgot _________"

    Weeks before, I had gone in and told the clerk "I want to buy a blu ray burner" He sold me this 'ASUSģ 6x External Slim Blu-ray Combo Drive'
    http://www.staples.ca/en/ASUS-6x-Ext...3_2-CA_1_20001 . I them asked him for blank dvds to burn onto it.

    THAT is not a blu ray burner but I thought it was because it said 'combo drive'. The combo is cd / dvd burner, not blu ray burner. I was buying BD-R which is usxed for blu ray. Why did he think he I was buying those if it wasnt a blu ray burner.

    I went home I wondered why it said 'failed to initialize' when I tried burning a blu ray disk. It said that because it doesnt burn blu rays. I called Asus, told them the model number and they never said "it reads blu rays, but it doesnt burn blu rays"

    It was a big hassle and only when I was returning the drive to Staples, the man said "this doesnt burn blu rays". I pointed to the clerk and said "I told him I wanted a blu ray burner and he sold me this".

    Two wrongs dont make a right but I thought why should I tell them of the mistake when that clerk sold me a product that was not what I wanted.

    I walked into the store and told her Im here to pick up my hard drive that was dead. She said "so you want to look for a new computer?". No, I said

    If you were at a restaurant and the waiter forgot to add a meal on the bill that had been returned because (fill in the blank). you would tell them?
    Sure you would
    Its easy to be judgemental sitting behind the computer monitor.
    Last edited by m1thousand; September 24th, 2013 at 10:46 AM.

  40. #740
    JUB Addict m1thousand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Vancouver area
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,287
    Blog Entries
    3

    Code of Conduct

    Re: retail workers: tell us your stupid customers

    Karma hit. I had to restore my Ipad and most of my apps are missing

    Don't forget to go to the 'downloading free from the Internet' thread and tell those people they are bad people

    Note to self: the one time when you get a break, don't tell the Internet. There are lots of high and mighties on there ready to crucify you

  41. #741
    Active bendted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,123

    Code of Conduct

    Re: retail workers: tell us your stupid customers

    Quote Originally Posted by jdcnow View Post
    I don't know of a business that would just willy-nilly let $60 bucks walk out the door just as big as you please, like that (***coughWalmartcough***), excuse me, there's a bit of a draft in here.
    Actually, the magic number is $50. I asked the cash auditor (the one who goes around and randomly checks the till and compares it with the cash on hand). She said that they start to worry when the till is $50 off. Not sure I'd want to test that and of course, this dosen't mean that skimming $50/ day would go unnoticed.
    If you could just put a light bulb over every gay personís head, people would see just how well-lit their streets and cities are.
    -Alexey Odintsov

  42. #742

    Re: retail workers: tell us your stupid customers

    Quote Originally Posted by bendted View Post
    Actually, the magic number is $50. I asked the cash auditor (the one who goes around and randomly checks the till and compares it with the cash on hand). She said that they start to worry when the till is $50 off. Not sure I'd want to test that and of course, this dosen't mean that skimming $50/ day would go unnoticed.
    $50. !?!?!? DOLLARS?

    Way back when, when I worked a till I couldn't be more than .05 Cents off, and even then IF I was, I had to pay the difference. The most I ever had to pay was .23 Cents.
    http://www.justusboys.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic216959_1.gif

  43. #743
    Chief Meteorologist
    jdcnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Dallas-Fort Worth
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    5,541
    Blog Entries
    12

    Code of Conduct

    Re: retail workers: tell us your stupid customers

    Quote Originally Posted by m1thousand View Post
    If you were at a restaurant and the waiter forgot to add a meal on the bill that had been returned because (fill in the blank). you would tell them?
    Sure you would
    Its easy to be judgemental sitting behind the computer monitor.
    I apologize that I came across as judgmental, when that wasn't my intent at all. It's just that my ethics automatically kick in over something like that. Yes, I would readily pay what I owed even if the place of business I'm dealing with overlooked it. And I do hope you get your iPad fixed quickly.
    Dallas Pride - 9.21.2014
    I. Can't. Wait.

  44. #744
    Active bendted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,123

    Code of Conduct

    Re: retail workers: tell us your stupid customers

    Quote Originally Posted by borg69unimatrix View Post
    $50. !?!?!? DOLLARS?

    Way back when, when I worked a till I couldn't be more than .05 Cents off, and even then IF I was, I had to pay the difference. The most I ever had to pay was .23 Cents.
    That was my reaction too, but she said it's because there are so many of us that use the register (10?) that a shortage would be understandable. However, I would not dream of 'testing' the system. Our IDs are attached to each transaction and our every move is recorded on camera, so only a fool would attempt it. One girl got caught palming a $20 bill that I know of, but I'm sure it happens on a daily basis.
    If you could just put a light bulb over every gay personís head, people would see just how well-lit their streets and cities are.
    -Alexey Odintsov

  45. #745
    Sex God
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    784

    Code of Conduct

    Re: retail workers: tell us your stupid customers

    I've never worked in retail.

  46. #746
    JUB Addict roadtripboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,887

    Code of Conduct

    Re: retail workers: tell us your stupid customers

    So our self-checks are not working right. There are 4 to a pod, one pod at each end of the store. So, I'm baby sitting one pod. One of the machines will not process cards of any kind. We have two signs on it saying "Cash Only" and there's a screen prompt telling them the same thing.

    In the space of 2 hours I watched at least 8 people react to but not read the prompt. The just pressed "yes" to continue. Then when they try to pay and the machine will only take cash...they look confused and then turn in my direction for help.

    And every last one of them say to me: "I didn't know it only took cash".

    I'm willing to cut you some slack, I know this isn't your job. But, come on people...read the screen.

    (I think we should just shut-down machines that won't do full transactions, but that's not my call)

  47. #747
    Active bendted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,123

    Code of Conduct

    Re: retail workers: tell us your stupid customers

    Quote Originally Posted by Pcp3t3 View Post
    I've never worked in retail.
    You know something, on a certain level it's a shitty job, but I must say the comedic value makes this job worthwhile. Not a day goes by that I don't hear or experience a bewildering instance stupidity.
    If you could just put a light bulb over every gay personís head, people would see just how well-lit their streets and cities are.
    -Alexey Odintsov

  48. #748
    Chief Meteorologist
    jdcnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Dallas-Fort Worth
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    5,541
    Blog Entries
    12

    Code of Conduct

    Re: retail workers: tell us your stupid customers

    Quote Originally Posted by bendted View Post
    You know something, on a certain level it's a shitty job, but I must say the comedic value makes this job worthwhile. Not a day goes by that I don't hear or experience a bewildering instance stupidity.
    I know, right. The entertainment value of some of the situations you are either in or eyewitness to make for some awesome popcorn moments.

    Had this one lady last night. The customer before her bought some cigarettes. Customer A was a woman, middle-aged. A young middle aged, but I could visibly tell that she was more than old enough to buy tobacco.

    The golden watermark for most businesses regarding age-restricted merchandise is 40. If you look to be under 40, we're supposed to at least look at you to tell if you're old enough, and if the need arises, we're supposed to card you.

    Honestly, with Customer A, there were several signs that she was old enough - she had the face of a fully adult female (makeup with maybe a wrinkle she forgot to put cream on this morning) and she also had a wedding ring on.

    (Note - there are all kinds of visual cues you can actually use to your advantage to verify someone's age to be 18 or over. And it works in both men and women. Visible tattoos or piercings, a wedding ring, the size of their physical bodily frame - Honestly, do they look like the twink type? In ladies - does their body look like they've had a kid? How flashy or trendily are they dressed? Watch their demeanor and see how they act, etc. In retail, you are taught that there's actually a ton of stuff to look for in a person before you need to escalate the situation to where you're actually carding them.)

    So I actually don't card her. I, as the cashier, feel I have enough visible proof to guarantee that Customer A is way older than 18 and completely legal for me to sell her cigarettes.

    So I finish with Customer A and send her on her merry. Customer B walks up and wants cigarettes. Honestly, she's chunky girl, but visibly way young. I card her. Her immediate reply, as you would expect - "Well you didn't ask her for no ID?!"

    I simply throw on my best Bugs Bunny poker face and respond back, "But ma'am, you look younger than she does." I literally almost collapsed from the pressure to just keep a straight face and not die laughing. I basically just flirted with this woman to save my ass, meanwhile I'm thinking inside my head, "But I'm gay..."

    The sheer entertainment value of this job is just wow.
    Dallas Pride - 9.21.2014
    I. Can't. Wait.

  49. #749
    Chief Meteorologist
    jdcnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Dallas-Fort Worth
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    5,541
    Blog Entries
    12

    Code of Conduct

    Re: retail workers: tell us your stupid customers

    More popcorn moments from last night, along with moments of...



    >> The woman who openly admits she's drunk in front of myself, her boyfriend, and another woman in front of her, whom I happen to be checking out at the time. The drunk woman proceeds to full-on hit on the other woman, and the other woman is drunk too. Woman B turns around and ask Woman A (the one with the boyfriend), "Would you fuck me?" "Oh, hon, I would totally fuck you!" Her boyfriend tries to simmer her down to no avail. Then, once Woman B leaves (Woman B was ahead of Woman A and her boyfriend in line), Woman A starts in on me, telling me how nice I always am. I keep my mouth shut the whole time, and just smile. Inside, though...



    >> The couple who literally started arguing right in front of me. "And don't you be tellin' my business to everyone!" "But you do." "I know, that's for me to tell... "

    >> And then (those into the daddy-types would love this) the older gentleman - I shit you not - who came in in a white-and-plaid dress shirt and some jet black boxer briefs.



    I love this job. There really is never a dull moment.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Did You See What I Just Saw.jpg  
    Dallas Pride - 9.21.2014
    I. Can't. Wait.

  50. #750
    Chief Meteorologist
    jdcnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Dallas-Fort Worth
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    5,541
    Blog Entries
    12

    Code of Conduct

    Re: retail workers: tell us your stupid customers

    Well, the only thing to write home about tonight was these two young guys who came in for snacks and smokes at THE wrong time - Right when an off-duty Dallas Police officer came in for a loaf of bread before heading home for the night. The officer got in right behind them in line, and started making hinting jokes about how the pot smokers he's arrested before also ate Pringles, just like the two guys were buying. They just kept quiet. I carded them for the cigarettes they bought. They're OK to buy, so I ring up the smokes and carry on with business as usual. I make their change, and that's when the officer steps in, "And Halt!"

    He literally busted them on the spot for drug possession. I'm thankful, too - they were routine shoplifters in my store before. So you know that inside, I was like...







    Btw, first time in almost 12 years of retail and customer service that I've been eyewitness to an arrest in my store. Check.

    And in other news, not even two months on the job yet (that's next week), and I've already won Employee Of The Month, September 2013! Wupp-wupp!!!

    Dallas Pride - 9.21.2014
    I. Can't. Wait.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.