JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

Page 1 of 7 126 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 310
  1. #1
    Pococuranté belamy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Barcelona
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    17,322
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: "I would ban religion completely," says Elton John

    Great, ban religion and let prejudices remain, only without the authority of God, the scriptures and the church. "Ban" a Benedict XVI and let a Fidel Castro take charge of the morals of the world.

    Shut the fuck up queer old fart!!

  2. #2

    Re: "I would ban religion completely," says Elton John

    I wouldn't ban religion completely but secularism should be promoted first at schools. This is the age of reason, one shouldn't have to rely so much on religion.

  3. #3
    JUB Addict pausanias_usa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,802
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: "I would ban religion completely," says Elton John

    Read what he says: why AREN'T the world's religious leaders holding conclaves to stop all this religious skirmishing?

    I see right-wing religious nuts in all religions desperately holding on to relevancy while their old ways crumble. Power is what they want, not God.

  4. #4
    Pococuranté belamy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Barcelona
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    17,322
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: "I would ban religion completely," says Elton John

    Quote Originally Posted by pausanias_usa View Post
    Read what he says: why AREN'T the world's religious leaders holding conclaves to stop all this religious skirmishing?
    Because it´s like asking someone with cancer to start looking for a cure for that disease.

  5. #5
    Lightwave Alien provenlogic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Pegasus Galaxy
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,009

    Code of Conduct

    Re: "I would ban religion completely," says Elton John

    I think he's got the right idea myself, but i'm so not going to start in on why i think all religion is a farce...
    Logic

    - Computer Scientist / PC Game Designer
    - Digital Artist / Graphic Designer
    - Certified Gay Geek

    - My Gallery -


  6. #6
    Pococuranté belamy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Barcelona
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    17,322
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: "I would ban religion completely," says Elton John

    Quote Originally Posted by provenlogic View Post
    I think he's got the right idea myself, but i'm so not going to start in on why i think all religion is a farce...
    Neither am I on why I think the problem is not so much the different shaping of that fraud as people´s need of some kind of farce.

  7. #7
    Pococuranté belamy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Barcelona
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    17,322
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: "I would ban religion completely," says Elton John

    Quote Originally Posted by shades View Post
    At least in the US, we have a Bill of Rights and the First Amendment. Therefore, the government cannot prohibit one's right to freely exercise their religion. There may some things about religion I don't agree with, but we all have the right to make our own decision in this regard. Moreover, everything does not have to revolve around the gay agenda.
    Remember Elton John is European.

  8. #8
    JUB Addict greaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    london
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    4,379

    Code of Conduct

    Re: "I would ban religion completely," says Elton John

    Shades: you live in a country where feedom to believe in God - or not believe in God - is enshrined in the Constitution, and Elton's OTT ramblings are hardly going to threaten that freedom!

    But there are people who would like to deny you such rights. Would you be able to freely go to church with your family in Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, North Korea, Iraq, Sudan...?

  9. #9
    Lightwave Alien provenlogic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Pegasus Galaxy
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,009

    Code of Conduct

    Re: "I would ban religion completely," says Elton John

    Quote Originally Posted by shades View Post
    At least in the US, we have a Bill of Rights and the First Amendment. Therefore, the government cannot prohibit one's right to freely exercise their religion. There may some things about religion I don't agree with, but we all have the right to make our own decision in this regard. Moreover, everything does not have to revolve around the gay agenda.
    People use that phrase "gay agenda" a lot.. What exactly is that??? I must have missed a memo or something? Is that the secret agenda to take over the world and make everyone gay and force them to have anal sex??
    Logic

    - Computer Scientist / PC Game Designer
    - Digital Artist / Graphic Designer
    - Certified Gay Geek

    - My Gallery -


  10. #10
    Lightwave Alien provenlogic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Pegasus Galaxy
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,009

    Code of Conduct

    Re: "I would ban religion completely," says Elton John



    MUST... FIGHT... URGE... to rant about why all religion is fake and should be banned to keep people from being stupid...
    Logic

    - Computer Scientist / PC Game Designer
    - Digital Artist / Graphic Designer
    - Certified Gay Geek

    - My Gallery -


  11. #11
    Lightwave Alien provenlogic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Pegasus Galaxy
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,009

    Code of Conduct

    Re: "I would ban religion completely," says Elton John

    Quote Originally Posted by shades View Post
    You are right that Elton's ramblings are hardly going to threaten my freedoms, but I wanted to bring it up to get reactions. However, there are those over in the US, namely the ACLU, that do want to limit religious freedoms.
    And that is a GOOD thing.
    Logic

    - Computer Scientist / PC Game Designer
    - Digital Artist / Graphic Designer
    - Certified Gay Geek

    - My Gallery -


  12. #12
    Got my mojo back Alan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    5,849

    Code of Conduct

    Re: "I would ban religion completely," says Elton John

    I wouldn't personally call to ban religion completely.

    However, I do think it would be a good idea to get religion out of our education system.

  13. #13
    Slut
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    266

    Code of Conduct

    Re: "I would ban religion completely," says Elton John

    Religion I believe is man made.
    Along with its dogma.

    It should be re-thought as it doesn't serve its purpose at all now (dogma)

    I don't care much about religion. What's important is faith.

    Again, these beliefs and rules aren't made for our time. Things have changed since what? The dark ages?
    Well I'd welcome the church or any religion to the 21st century.

  14. #14
    Lightwave Alien provenlogic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Pegasus Galaxy
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,009

    Code of Conduct

    Re: "I would ban religion completely," says Elton John

    Quote Originally Posted by shades View Post
    You're opinion. The "gay agenda" you are wondering about is demanding that gay marriage be made official, even though civil unions, in my view, is the better way to go. A couple of comments above just provided another part of the agenda. That is to remove religion from the education system. Religion is part of history and we cannot forget that. Furthermore, there are religious schools and if parents want to send their children to a parochial school, that is for them to decide.

    Just for the record, I am not a Republican nor am I Democrat. I am happy to be Independent.
    I'm going to make this my last post on the subject be4 this breaks down any further into a "religion vs. reality" thread.

    You can believe what you want to believe, even if it's utterly asinine, like religion. Religion IS a part of history, and that's where it should be condemned to remain.

    Logic

    - Computer Scientist / PC Game Designer
    - Digital Artist / Graphic Designer
    - Certified Gay Geek

    - My Gallery -


  15. #15
    Lightwave Alien provenlogic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Pegasus Galaxy
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,009

    Code of Conduct

    Re: "I would ban religion completely," says Elton John

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBled View Post
    Religion shouldn't be banned or anything, people have a right to believe what they want to believe and it is not asinine to believe whatever religion you believe, it's pretty asinine to be ignorant towards another ones belief.

    Just because you don't like something personally, doesn't mean it should be thrown away. You're free to disagree, but grow up and realize that people are going to have their beliefs and that doesn't make them any less intelligent.
    Ugh, you're making me break my promise not to post again. Look, i'm not ignorant about religion, i've studied many religions in detail, over 20. And i find them all to be ridiculously false.

    And i disagree that one's beleif's can't identify them as being less intelligent, not that i said anyone here was. If someone came up to me and told me they believed in a flying spaghetti monster, I think that's a pretty good sign they're an idiot.
    Logic

    - Computer Scientist / PC Game Designer
    - Digital Artist / Graphic Designer
    - Certified Gay Geek

    - My Gallery -


  16. #16
    Sex God
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ottawa
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    940

    Code of Conduct

    Re: "I would ban religion completely," says Elton John

    It does make people ignorant. IMO, it promotes ignorance.

    Religion is all about believing one thing and one thing alone. If you dont, you aren't all that religous. It is very much against progression and new thinking.

  17. #17
    Lightwave Alien provenlogic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Pegasus Galaxy
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,009

    Code of Conduct

    Re: "I would ban religion completely," says Elton John

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBled View Post
    Excluding any extremist, it doesn't make anyone less intelligent. I don't see how it does, just because you see it something as false.
    I don't just see it as false, it's been proven to be false, time and again. And if memory serves, I believe that believing something to be true that has been proven to be false is one of the definitions of delusional.
    Logic

    - Computer Scientist / PC Game Designer
    - Digital Artist / Graphic Designer
    - Certified Gay Geek

    - My Gallery -


  18. #18
    Vodka and mouthwash
    BenF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    7,303

    Code of Conduct

    Re: "I would ban religion completely," says Elton John

    Quote Originally Posted by provenlogic View Post
    And i disagree that one's beleif's can't identify them as being less intelligent, not that i said anyone here was. If someone came up to me and told me they believed in a flying spaghetti monster, I think that's a pretty good sign they're an idiot.
    Hey! Why is the idea of a flying spaghetti monster any more stupid than any other religion?

    I find your remarks about my religion offensive and impertinent - it's a good job that I haven't reported your post.

    http://www.venganza.org/

  19. #19
    Lightwave Alien provenlogic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Pegasus Galaxy
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,009

    Code of Conduct

    Re: "I would ban religion completely," says Elton John

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBled View Post
    Who exactly has proven it to be false? Any where you can direct me to?
    I can see that arguing this particular point with you is not going to get anywhere, so i'm just not gonna do it ok? I've had this same argument so many times it's just not worth it to get into it again, especially this early in the morning. You may feel free to claim victory if you wish.
    Logic

    - Computer Scientist / PC Game Designer
    - Digital Artist / Graphic Designer
    - Certified Gay Geek

    - My Gallery -


  20. #20
    Dreamer
    eddielee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    4,994
    Blog Entries
    159

    Code of Conduct

    Re: "I would ban religion completely," says Elton John

    The most intelligent people are those who embrace both science and spirituality.

    That's all I have to say on this subject.

  21. #21
    Porn Star Bloke1964's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married
    Posts
    387
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: "I would ban religion completely," says Elton John

    MUST... FIGHT... URGE... to rant about why all religion is fake and should be banned to keep people from being stupid"

    I could not have said it better PROVENLOGIC...Religions, all without exception are the enablers of hatred towards other people whether gays, females, racism, etc. Yes, we have institutions in our country that prevent hatred and discrimination but as many other dictators Bush would love to get away with institunalizing hatred based on religion.

    http://advocate.com/currentstory1_w.asp?id=38657

  22. #22
    Lightwave Alien provenlogic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Pegasus Galaxy
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,009

    Code of Conduct

    Re: "I would ban religion completely," says Elton John

    Quote Originally Posted by eddielee View Post
    The most intelligent people are those who embrace both science and spirituality.

    That's all I have to say on this subject.
    Spirituality and religion have nothing to do with each other.
    Logic

    - Computer Scientist / PC Game Designer
    - Digital Artist / Graphic Designer
    - Certified Gay Geek

    - My Gallery -


  23. #23
    JUB Addict greaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    london
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    4,379

    Code of Conduct

    Re: "I would ban religion completely," says Elton John

    Shades: if you consider the ACLU:

    http://www.aclu.org/

    a threat to your rights, then you need to get out into the real world. Take your next holiday in a beautiful country like Turkey...

  24. #24
    Porn Star
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married
    Posts
    392

    Code of Conduct

    Re: "I would ban religion completely," says Elton John

    Its funny, I woke up this morning thinking about my religious upbringing - how ridiculous it was for the nuns to be filling little minds with all their facts and figures and names and places as if they knew for a fact every detail of spiritual significance. Who were the apostles, who is the patron saint of X, how many cubits in an ark, etc. Everything in absolutes, and woe to the poor souls who didn't believe all of it, or believed some other variation of it. How sad, this human endeavor to define God and spirituality in such narrow and absolute terms.

  25. #25

    Re: "I would ban religion completely," says Elton John

    Gee, banning would religion would liberate gays - let's check the record and see how that logic has worked for gay people with the actual historical record - death and destruction and confinement in camps/prisons. Castro, Hitler, Mao, former Soviet Union and allies, - all very gay liberating places. Get off it . . .

  26. #26
    JUB Addicts Orlandude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Orlando
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    4,649

    Code of Conduct

    Re: "I would ban religion completely," says Elton John

    While religion has been the root cause of so much bloodshed in the world from back in the Crusades all the way up to 9/11 (it was religion that flew airplanes into the WTC), banning religion would solve nothing.

    Organized religion is only using the so-called "gay agenda" (which is non-existent) and gays in general as their last bastian of legal discrimmination where they can wrap themselves in the Bible to justify it. RECALL that, before the focus on gays, these same wingnuts justified their blatant discrimmination against women and people of color as "biblical" and "just". Now that discrimmination against women and people of color is ILLEGAL, they have nothing left EXCEPT the gays...and they are doing everything in their power to make sure that NOTHING about gay is LEGAL. You can't condemn ALL religions for this and many religions are very gay-tolerant. The far rightwing religious nutcases in America are no better than the radical extemist Muslims. MOST Muslims are not bad people. MOST Americans are not bad people. The problem is that too many religions have their "hate factor" that has become so very vocal.

    Food for thought: Did God Create Man or Did Man Create God?

  27. #27
    Porn Star lukylok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Brussels
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    338

    Code of Conduct

    Re: "I would ban religion completely," says Elton John

    Quote Originally Posted by Orlandude View Post
    While religion has been the root cause of so much bloodshed in the world from back in the Crusades all the way up to 9/11 (it was religion that flew airplanes into the WTC), banning religion would solve nothing.

    Organized religion is only using the so-called "gay agenda" (which is non-existent) and gays in general as their last bastian of legal discrimmination where they can wrap themselves in the Bible to justify it. RECALL that, before the focus on gays, these same wingnuts justified their blatant discrimmination against women and people of color as "biblical" and "just". Now that discrimmination against women and people of color is ILLEGAL, they have nothing left EXCEPT the gays...and they are doing everything in their power to make sure that NOTHING about gay is LEGAL. You can't condemn ALL religions for this and many religions are very gay-tolerant. The far rightwing religious nutcases in America are no better than the radical extemist Muslims. MOST Muslims are not bad people. MOST Americans are not bad people. The problem is that too many religions have their "hate factor" that has become so very vocal.

    Food for thought: Did God Create Man or Did Man Create God?


    No doubt at all on this one : Man created God. And Man has quite a wild imagination : look at all the gods competing now, not forgetting all those who have disappeared during the past centuries.

    This thread at least made me discover ACLU and I am very happy that there is a movement in the States trying to move the society to more freedom and civil rights.

    I wouldn't ban religions, but wish that religion and those who claim represent them, have NOTHING to do with the government of countries, and would be banned from any lobbying.
    Nihil humanum a me alienum.

  28. #28
    In Loving Memory Andreus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    20,470

    Code of Conduct

    Re: "I would ban religion completely," says Elton John

    Quote Originally Posted by BenF46 View Post
    Hey! Why is the idea of a flying spaghetti monster any more stupid than any other religion?

    I find your remarks about my religion offensive and impertinent - it's a good job that I haven't reported your post.

    http://www.venganza.org/
    I always had a sense that you were a spagetitte but didn't want to press you or make you uncomfortable with questions.

    have no fear

    I will always protect your right to choose between both Vermicelli or spaghetini, to sprinkle or not.

    have no fear, man!!

    Andreus is by your side.

    now go eat another meatball in peace with the full knowledge that someone somewhere on JUB understands your awfull plight if hatred and judgement.

    may the Spaghetti monster sprinkle Parmesan on all the great enveavors of your life!!!

    as one of your great holy men, St. Boyardi, once said... BON APETTIT !!!

  29. #29
    ...and I'm not sorry JUB Friend Soilwork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    City of Angels
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married
    Posts
    23,766

    Code of Conduct

    Re: "I would ban religion completely," says Elton John

    I think Religion is a mental illnes.

    but while we're at it, can we ban Elton John too?

    Talk about wearing out your welcome.
    Gentlemen.... Thank you.

  30. #30

    Re: "I would ban religion completely," says Elton John

    First time i`ve agreed with something that man has said!
    Thai & asian guys heaven! GAY THAILAND - ASIAN FORUM

  31. #31
    JUB Addict greaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    london
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    4,379

    Code of Conduct

    Re: "I would ban religion completely," says Elton John

    Quote Originally Posted by BenF46 View Post
    Hey! Why is the idea of a flying spaghetti monster any more stupid than any other religion?

    I find your remarks about my religion offensive and impertinent - it's a good job that I haven't reported your post.

    http://www.venganza.org/
    Ben: You might be on to something. The old religions are well pasta their sell-by date, and perhaps the FSM could bring pizza on earth and salame to us all.

  32. #32
    1st love ron
    Guest

    Re: "I would ban religion completely," says Elton John

    Let's tax church property and their income. That alone would probably close down these false religions.

  33. #33

    Re: "I would ban religion completely," says Elton John

    We must remember that the word "religion" covers a lot of territory. Not all belief systems are of the Sunday-morning variety. If we banned religion in all its manifestations, we'd have to ban not only the traditional forms, but also flat-earthism and belief in psychic phenomena, Bigfoot, Nessie, tarot, Ouija, and UFOs as bearers of extraterrestrials. And of course my brief list is but the tip of the iceberg. Religion persists because, as in all times and climes past, it fulfills a need many (most?) human beings have to (a) rise above the ordinary self with all its flaws and (b) cast onto demons of one sort or other frailties and shortcomings instead of assuming full responsibiltiy for less-than-noble or even heinous acts. Religion, now as in the past, also has remained the only socially acceptable, legal street drug. As such, it's here to stay, whether any of us like the fact or not.

  34. #34
    JUB Addict Sausy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    21,182
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: "I would ban religion completely," says Elton John

    No,I do not believe religions should be banned,as I reject the lumping of all those who have a religious faith being labeled as haters,bigots,oppressors...or at at best foolish and ignorant.There are a number of people affiliated with particular religions who twist and pervert it for power's sake,in Christianity,Islam,Judaism or Hinduism,but they do not represent those who hold the tenets of their faiths dear.The battle against slavery and for civil rights were led by those with a religious outlook who believed that God would call us to fight injustice and inequality,and they gladly took up the call.We are blinded by our hatred for the authoritarian ultraconservatives who preach fear of God,fire and brimstone,but none of the light of what true faith is.There are many religious groups doing good for people,educating and feeding and clothing and counseling ,living their faith.

    All these pseudo -intellectual attacks on faith and religion as superstition or unnecessary or evil in itself is intellectual snobbery.I'm not devout,but I respect those who believe and live their faith.Being Christian,for instance,is all about love and sacrifice ultimately.i thought liberals did not see things in black or white,but as complex and not always what is assumed or believed.Probe if you will,don't believe if you will.....but faith is a lot more deeply personal and wonderful than your simple deductions because of the acts of those who twist the beauty of faith to suit their own power hungry objectives.


    Oh yes,I will add you can be a great person without belief,or spiritual without subscribing to a particular faith...Buddhism doesn't center around a belief in God,though it is quite spiritual and positive.Religious authoritarianism has to go,top down bureaucracies like those of the Catholic Church,which I despise,have to go.As one poster said,bringing in religion into the 21st century would be a good thing.Let's center religion back on the community of faithful,not the dictates of powerful men with bigoted,hateful agendas.
    unofficial official mini meet Friday- Saturday April 11-12, 2014

  35. #35
    -live-
    Guest

    Re: "I would ban religion completely," says Elton John

    religion is a good thing, gives people hope and faith.

  36. #36
    P-Chan love theFallenGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    3,597

    Code of Conduct

    Re: "I would ban religion completely," says Elton John

    Everytime I see a religious group protesting or holding a prayer vigil I always walk up and ask if they have a bible... If they do I tell them to read Matthew 6,5 and 6,6 usually that shuts them up....

    for those who do not have a bible handy it reads like this....

    When thou prayest do not be as the hippocrates are
    for they love to stand on the corner so that all might
    see them.. I say they have their reward

    for when thou prayest go into thy closet and pray in
    secret and god will see you in secret and reward thee openly

    (please dont hate me for quoting chapter and verse)

  37. #37
    P-Chan love theFallenGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    3,597

    Code of Conduct

    Re: "I would ban religion completely," says Elton John

    religion shouldnt be banned...

    however.... faith is a personal choice that you and you alone make and should be done in the privacy of your home or church and has no place in modern politics...

    Its should be banned from any government...no where else

  38. #38
    Minister of Silly Walks The_Reaper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Saskatoon
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    7,698

    Code of Conduct

    Re: "I would ban religion completely," says Elton John

    As terrible as this sounds.....Elton's sort of got it half right.


    The idea of complete ban on religion is ridiculous though.



    I'd favour a more favourable approach for each sides:

    Churches/Religious Affiliations are allowed to say what they want, within the privacy of their own buildings and lands. A demonstration outside of these areas would be considered unlawful.

    Granted, it's somewhat restricting on the rights of peaceful demonstration and so forth...But have you seen people who picket abortion clinics? Those are far from peaceful.


    Let ACTUAL religions say what they want, but affiliated groups and such are restricted to church property only. I think that would work best, and maybe at least please some people.

    I'm sorry to have kept you waiting, but I'm afraid my walk has become rather sillier recently...

  39. #39
    jubber miatajeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    3,554
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: "I would ban religion completely," says Elton John

    Quote Originally Posted by provenlogic View Post
    I think he's got the right idea myself, but i'm so not going to start in on why i think all religion is a farce...
    Well...couldn't agree more...

    Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. It is the opium of the people. Karl Marx, Critique of Hegel's Philosophy of Right
    German economist & Communist political philosopher (1818 - 1883)
    www.au.org
    Americans United for Separation of church and state

  40. #40
    On the Prowl
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Vancouver
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    146

    Code of Conduct

    Re: "I would ban religion completely," says Elton John

    Religion shouldn't be banned -- it just shouldn't be supported. It's sad to see when American taxpayer money is going to fund churches and "faith-based initiatives" in the United States. Pro-abstinence, anti-abortion, etc. etc.

    Religion will always have its followers -- people who need religion, whether it be because they are vulnerable and needed guidance, foreign aid, a community, etc. etc.

    In terms of logic, religion is just a big circle jerk of circular logic that doesn't make sense - each premise is always based on the previous premise. And then, it always goes back to the faith needed to hold everything together - that faith is what makes keeps a religion going and not some "human" or "scientific" justification. Everything is a test of God, to test your faith! And if you lack faith, you go read an ancient book of bullshit to ensure that your faith still exists, and that this book contains absolute truths, despite all the various interpretations and various sects of the same fucking religion! Unbelievable!

    Of course to get sucked into this vacuum of a cocksucker you would have had previous reasons to getting yourself religious in the first place - whether you were indoctrinated by your parents, religious community, friends, etc.. People don't just suddenly become religious by themselves - sure they can become spiritual, or philosophical (thinking about the nature and existence of God, or if there was one).. but to get into this whole "Jesus died for our sins" bullshit it takes more than one character. That my friends, is religion for you.

  41. #41
    On the Prowl
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Vancouver
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    146

    Code of Conduct

    Re: "I would ban religion completely," says Elton John

    Why do you think as civilization developed further and further that society became more secular and secular? Is this another one of God's intention to TEST OUR FAITH? Obviously not. It's a clear trend that religion is on the DECLINE because simply, it's not needed. People are becoming more and more happy, with higher standards of living and better lives thanks to technological and scientific development for the past 500 years. Back in the Middle Ages, life was short, brutish, and sad. Prevalence of religion.. 100%? Everyone needs religion for different reasons - physical distraction, communal assistance, friendship, fellowship, psychological meditation.. The more vulnerable a person is, the more likely they are to turn to religion for help.

  42. #42
    jubber miatajeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    3,554
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: "I would ban religion completely," says Elton John

    Quote Originally Posted by chimere View Post
    Religion shouldn't be banned -- it just shouldn't be supported. It's sad to see when American taxpayer money is going to fund churches and "faith-based initiatives" in the United States. Pro-abstinence, anti-abortion, etc. etc.

    Religion will always have its followers -- people who need religion, whether it be because they are vulnerable and needed guidance, foreign aid, a community, etc. etc.

    In terms of logic, religion is just a big circle jerk of circular logic that doesn't make sense - each premise is always based on the previous premise. And then, it always goes back to the faith needed to hold everything together - that faith is what makes keeps a religion going and not some "human" or "scientific" justification. Everything is a test of God, to test your faith! And if you lack faith, you go read an ancient book of bullshit to ensure that your faith still exists, and that this book contains absolute truths, despite all the various interpretations and various sects of the same fucking religion! Unbelievable!

    Of course to get sucked into this vacuum of a cocksucker you would have had previous reasons to getting yourself religious in the first place - whether you were indoctrinated by your parents, religious community, friends, etc.. People don't just suddenly become religious by themselves - sure they can become spiritual, or philosophical (thinking about the nature and existence of God, or if there was one).. but to get into this whole "Jesus died for our sins" bullshit it takes more than one character. That my friends, is religion for you.

    WHat he said....
    www.au.org
    Americans United for Separation of church and state

  43. #43
    -live-
    Guest

    Re: "I would ban religion completely," says Elton John

    If you think it should be banned becasue you think it causes hate, then why not ban everything gay as that causes hate aswell. In my opinion though i agree with thebled its the people that cause hate not religion.

    example, christianity preaches love and all that, but then you get some people like that godhatesfags who take it wrong. so basically what im saying is the people are the one who cause hate not god.

  44. #44
    Ranting Ideologue! sparky95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Adelaide
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    1,912

    Code of Conduct

    Re: "I would ban religion completely," says Elton John

    Interesting, most of you seem to be using "religion" and christianity/islam interchangably. A wee bit chauvinist, perhaps? There are other religions, too. And some have fairly good records. For example this small, obscure group called bhuddists........
    " Lets blow this fascist popsicle stand!" C.Montgomery Burns

  45. #45
    Know thyself kallipolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Piraeus, Greece
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    12,442

    Code of Conduct

    Re: "I would ban religion completely," says Elton John

    I become rather concerned when a celebrity with a history of psychotic behaviour, uses his public persona to advocate the banning of a belief system that also encourages the human person to forgive those human beings who fail.

  46. #46
    teh_nathan
    Guest

    Re: "I would ban religion completely," says Elton John

    Yes, I blogged about that.

  47. #47
    Know thyself kallipolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Piraeus, Greece
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    12,442

    Code of Conduct

    Re: "I would ban religion completely," says Elton John

    Talking THAT WAY about religion, is second nature to some of our board friends.
    All in the name of freedom of expression. Long may freedom of expression continue to express its right not to be banned.

  48. #48
    The Baroness of Bling
    Swellegant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Oakland (on scenic San Francisco Bay)
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    7,195
    Blog Entries
    30

    Code of Conduct

    Re: "I would ban religion completely," says Elton John

    Why do people still listen to Elton John? And when was the last time Elton John said anything that wasn't calculated to piss someone off and thereby get his name in the papers? It seems everything out of his gap-toothed mouth is a criticism of something or someone more popular than himself.

    He's an embarrassment to the tribe sometimes.

    But I do worry about religion a lot. They all seem to start off so well, but invariably get so horribly corrupted... and religion is always going to become corrupted as long as each religion sells itself as The Only Way. Believe what you want, but when you believe everyone else is wrong... well, nothing good comes of that.

    * Question the Dominant Paradigm *

  49. #49

    Sir Elton John [merged]

    ok so i bring this topic up because i was discussing with a friend of mine the other day about music in general as we were watching this music festival show thingy where they would interview different musicians, anyhow so Mr. Elton John comes and we are talking about how his music is legendary etc. etc. and all the sudden this guy utters "god i'de like to F him" and at that point i was flabbergasted, didnt know weather to really ask him if he meat what he whispered softly or it was a joke, please help, do you guys really thing hes hot, YAY or NAY please,
    cant wait to see what some of you guys have to say, i personally think he is old and nasty,

  50. #50

    Re: Elton John YAY or NAY

    Ewwwwww God no. The gapped teeth, the face, he's overweight, old..just..no.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.