Any have any pet peeves when it comes to dealing with stupid people or life in general? Is there anything that really urks you or gets under your skin to where you have reached your boiling point?
I'd like to see what everyone comes up with....here are some of mine to start:
1. People who talk loud on cell phones in public places
2. People who drive slow in the fast lane
3. People who stand all in your "personal space" and all in your business/conversation while you are conducting a transaction at the register/with the clerk
4. People who slowly and nonchalantly walk in a group, but spread themselves across the entire isle/walkway---thus prventing anyone from getting around them
5. People who are so nosey and busy worrying about what you are talking about/doing at your table (in a restaurant) that they aren''t even paying attention to their date, children, friends, etc.
6. People who wear sandals or flip flops, KNOWING their feet and toes are nasty/crusty/rotten---please at least ATTEMPT to get a pedicure, or cover those creatures up!!!!
7. People who, after wearing black or dark socks and sweating all day, decide to wear sandals showing the day-old/week-old ink that has rubbed off from the socks and stained their ankles/heels (that's just trifling, let's me know that they don't wash their feet but once a month or once a week)
8. People who still use checks in line in front of me, taking up all my damn time waiting for them to fill out the check
9. People/workers who think it's cute to use stereotypes as a way to relate to and communicate with customers; for example: speaking spanish to a latino, or acting "thuggish" to a black person, or saying "dude" and acting gnarly to a white person, or giving the both-hands-together-and-bow gesture to an asian person, etc.
10. People who use the words "bro" or "dude" or what's up man" or hey buddy" to communicate with customers in a professional setting
11. People who think they KNOW IT ALL. They have an answer for EVERYTHING. Or they always wanna refute/argue/correct/critique everything someone says, no matter what the subject is. Or people who just talk, talk, talk---just to hear themselves talk or because they think they are a resident expert on every subject in the world (there are a lot of them on JUB!!!!!!)
12. People who drive and talk on their phone, completely oblivious to what's going on on the road around them---that's what causes accidents
13. People who don't wear a belt with their pants
14. People who don't understand that it is NOT OK to wear black shoes with a blue suit or blue slacks
15. People who show extreme affection in public and feel the need to kiss/fondle each other every 5 seconds----get a room!!!!!!!!
16. People who feel the immense need to butt in on your conversation to selfishly ask a question of their own, right in the middle of your sentence. Like what they have to say or ask automatically takes prcedence over EVERYTHING
17. Females in the military who want to be called a Marine or Soldier just like their male counterparts and want to be offered the same MOS/rank/promotions, etc....but then they want to be given special privaleges or considered as a "female" when guys are changing/getting dressed, or when it's time to go on a deployment and they don't wanna go, or when they are on their period, or whenever it's convenient for THEM. Which is it? Make up your mind---do you wanna be a Marine or do you want to be a "female"---you can't be both, you can't choose to play the "female" role whenever it's convenient for you!!
18. People who cannot control their children...those little monster are running all over the place, telling the parent what they are and are not going to do!
19. People who let their children get in my personal space, cutting across me, stepping on my new shoes, etc
20. Poeple who let their nasty children touch everything on the salad bar after sneezing or caughing or wiping their noses, putting germs galore!
21. People who do not understand that it is rude and tacky to rush onto the elevator before the current occupants even have a chance to get off...you are supposed to let the occupants unload first, so there is enough room for the new riders to enter the eleveator without a lot of hassle and commotion
22. People who don't say "thank you" after I just wasted my time holding the door for them out of ther kindness of my heart...it's not that I think I am some sorta hero, it's just common courtesy to say two littlw words out of appreciation and decency!
23. Cops/police who LIE and say "just be honest with me and I'll cut you some slack or let you be on your way"....then when you tell them the truth and be honest like they asked, they say "ok, your under arrest for...." WTF, liar---you have no integrity and honor!!!
24. People that say "can I borrow (fill in the blank with something perishable or irreplaceable or trivial)?" WTF, what are you gonna do? Pay me back a cup of sugar or a slice of bread or a sheet of paper when you get paid? Just go ahead and say "can you have it" because I know I'm not getting it back.