JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

remove these banner ads by becoming a JUB Supporter.

Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 26303132 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,550 of 1613

Thread: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

      
   
  1. #1501
    Huntneo(PT)
    Guest

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    Quote Originally Posted by penayforay View Post
    ... but to say she doesnt care and has done no hustling is bullcrap.
    well, I'm sorry--but that's the vibe I get. Even with all of those "appearances", something just seems so blah about the promotion.
    I could be wrong--but something is off.

    She just seems to be half-assing everything right now. And with some people (and fans, like myself)...it doesn't fly.

  2. #1502
    penayforay
    Guest

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    I felt the same way too at first cuz everyone kept saying it. but if you think about it, she has been trying.
    unlike some other lazy ass popstars who have no part of the creative process cough shitney

  3. #1503
    Already Gone BreakTheIce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,517

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sausy View Post
    Sad thing is Christina's in a mess of a period right now...so much talent but seems like either her or more likely her studio people want her to reinvent and get current. She's 35 or so, not a kid anymore. She has an amazing voice but she's got to trust herself more and the studio people less. I loved her retro style a few years back, with "Ain't No Other Man" and "Candyman" but it's been such a long time from her last really great effort, "Stripped".
    This!

    She gets the most acclaim for Back to Basics and completely ditches that style, and then people go apeshit over her generic crap not going well on radio.

  4. #1504

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    now she's busy shooting for her new fragrance

  5. #1505
    penayforay
    Guest

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BreakTheIce View Post
    This!

    She gets the most acclaim for Back to Basics and completely ditches that style, and then people go apeshit over her generic crap not going well on radio.
    I cant. omg. I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall. Its your personal opinion that its generic. Not valid enough of a reason to say thats why its doing badly on radio. Furthermore just because something is generic doesn't mean its "bad." and like I said, NMT, WooHoo, You Lost Me, YB, and Just a Fool, ALL fall under the category of "generic crap"? c'mon

    I can tell you have never tried requesting her songs on radio stations. If you did, you'd know how shady radio is. So bitch, swerve

    People have tried emailing radio programmers asking why despite their requests, they don't play Xtina's songs. Their response, "it hasnt met their criteria" Yea okay. What the fuck does that mean? She hasnt cleared that payola check? She refused to suck radio programmer cock? The song hasnt become a hit yet?
    and all the while they choose to pay Nicki and Kesha songs that have at that point in time charted extremely low or not at all. You could argue oh well its because they think they'll become hits but lbr, how often do Nicki songs even manage to reach the top 10 of any chart.

    I have requested those songs on computers with different IP's and different phone numbers and still those requests are ignored. I can only imagine what happens if a non-stan tried to request her songs. No doubt they'd get ignored to.
    So don't fucking come in here acting like your personal reason of a song's quality determines whether or not a song does well.

  6. #1506
    Already Gone BreakTheIce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,517

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    ^Bitch, I don't even live in the US and I won't make an international call just to get her song played or start hitting up international radio stations on websites.

    So don't fucking come in here acting like your personal reason of a song's quality determines whether or not a song does well.
    Except the general public thought it was not worth requesting too. You're requesting a song as a minority because the majority didn't like the song. And then act surprised when it doesn't play. There are probably 50 requests for other songs to 1 request for a Christina song. You think they will ditch their dedicated listener base for the 1 Christina request, or follow the 50 other requests?

    Peace.

  7. #1507
    penayforay
    Guest

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    I suppose you think the reason radios play Nicki songs that havent charted yet or that no one know about yet is because they get tons of those requests...right. Makes sense. I've made this point several times but okay.

    I go to a school in the middle of nowhere. Literally nowhere. You think radio stations are getting a shit ton of radio requests from hordes of people who want something other than Christina songs? No because I go to school in rural butt fuck nowhere. My request is likely the sole request they get all day and still they ignore it.

    You can bash Your Body all you want, but having radio stations blatantly ignore the multiple requests I send it while playing some obscure Nicki single is bullshit.

    and bitch, the way you talked about radio; acting like you know every goddamn thing, how could I not assume you're from the US. so since you're not, stfu and swerve.

  8. #1508
    penayforay
    Guest

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    I cant. My arguments have been based on following/tracking itunes sales positions and radio impressions. What the fuck has yours been based on?

    "Except the general public thought it was not worth requesting too." yea that's why her songs have been outselling songs with several times the amount of radio audience impressions. You dont seem to understand this point. If it wasnt worth requesting as you suggest, well it most certainly wouldnt have been worth buying. Yet despite minimal airplay, YB spent the majority of its US itunes run in the lower 20's upper 30's.

  9. #1509
    Already Gone BreakTheIce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,517

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    So you truly think that you, as one person, is requesting the song plenty of times to get the radio impressions of the song alone all by yourself, when millions of people are requesting other songs?

    Lol, okay hun. At this point you're not a fan, you're just delusional, so I will stop.

  10. #1510
    penayforay
    Guest

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    my experiences and other fans' experiences with radio requesting are a reflection of the shadiness of radio programmers as a whole. I never said that I alone would manage to affect radio impressions on a large scale.
    I'm not delusional. You need to learn to read better so you don't put words in my mouth. Maybe you should do children's reading comprehension practice problems hunty.

    You still once again failed to answer why radio would play some obscure Nicki or Kesha song that no one in the general public would have goddamn requested.

    Kesha's single c'mon was flopping so hard on itunes prior to radio. People werent even buying it why would they request it.

  11. #1511
    Huntneo(PT)
    Guest

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    alright, guys...let's all be friends and remember the good times.


    I dedicate this song to penay and breaktheice:


  12. #1512
    penayforay
    Guest

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    blatantly ignoring several valid points I have made. I see you BreakTheIce
    and oh lord, how fucking stupid do you have to be to extrapolate from my previous posts that I apparently believe I can single handedly affect radio.
    and millions of other people requesting other songs? really. and you calling other people delusional. gurl please.

  13. #1513
    penayforay
    Guest

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    Kesha's new album only sold 85,000 copies first week. Thats not that far off far Xtina's sales. You think the general public cares enough about her new shit to request it?

  14. #1514
    -Xibalba-
    Guest

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntneo(PT) View Post
    alright, guys...let's all be friends and remember the good times.


    I dedicate this song to penay and breaktheice:

    22Q2mvp7Jvg
    Yeah, let's quit all of this nonsense talk. None of us are going to get through to each other. Clearly we all have strong opinions. Let's just enjoy Christina, her voice and her music (past or present).

    Darling, how on earth could you not link to the video itself? <3

    It's probably her most beautiful music video. It's unbelievable. I heard it was shot in one take. Gods, I love this video:


  15. #1515
    -Xibalba-
    Guest

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    What is everyone's favorite live performance?

    This is probably my favorite live performance of hers. It slightly edges out the It's A Man's World performance at the Grammys, which is a close, close second.


  16. #1516
    penayforay
    Guest

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    its not nonsense talk. Justin Timberlake's new song was literally added to every top 40 station in America with zero promo and no questions asked. Can we say the same about Your Body? No.
    I will let the rest of the arguments I have presented speak for themselves.
    Shady mess.


    my favorite

    mtv movie awards was great. it also looked great. I loved the choice of images on the large screens in the back
    The Bionic intro is one of my favorite songs on Bionic

  17. #1517
    Huntneo(PT)
    Guest

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    Quote Originally Posted by -Xibalba- View Post
    What is everyone's favorite live performance?
    "It's a Man's World" at the Grammys (she TORE it UP!!!)...followed closely by "You Lost Me" on American Idol.

  18. #1518
    Who is this Jackass ? Ekim23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    3,687

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    Quote Originally Posted by huntneo(pt) View Post
    "it's a man's world" at the grammys (she tore it up!!!)...followed closely by "you lost me" on american idol.

    same for me

  19. #1519

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    Beautiful at CNN Heroes for me

  20. #1520
    penayforay
    Guest

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    Feel This Moment, Pitbull's collab with Xtina, rising like crazy on itunes due to increased radio play. Jumped up nearly 100 spots.
    Xtina's vocals on that song are pretty great on the track. Bit generic BUT it is a catchy song.

    What was BreakTheIce saying to me about opinions about songs being generic and radioplay? you think anyone in the general public was "requesting" Feel This Moment prior to radio? You think the general public cares about Pitbull?


  21. #1521
    penayforay
    Guest

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    I keep hearing about Julie Pilat who is a very influential radio DJ like Ryan Seacrest. and I keep hearing about how she's been shady since Bionic. She even refused to play MLJ for an extremely long time despite it hitting number 1 on Itunes.

    so I googled her a bit and apparently she's best friends with Perez Hilton
    wow what a surprise. fucking shady.

  22. #1522
    Already Gone BreakTheIce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,517

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    Quote Originally Posted by penayforay View Post

    You still once again failed to answer why radio would play some obscure Nicki or Kesha song that no one in the general public would have goddamn requested.
    I thought we were done (I'm so checked out), but here you go.

    You don't seem to realize, the songs are sent to radio by yes, the label itself. And the label can "buy" airtime on radio depending on how well they feel a single will perform commercially. If the single isn't doing well commercially, the label will not pay radio to play it anymore, but the radio will still play songs if they get sufficient requests for it. This increases a song's audience impressions, which Billboard uses to rank songs on the Hot 100.

    That's how the system works. So if Ke$ha's team decided to send her song to radio to get some sales for it, then yea good for her. In Christina's case for "Your Body", the label probably didn't see it selling well enough to consistently send it for airplay. A song cruising in the mid 30s for itunes will probably only be at the 40-70 mark on the Hot 100, which was what Your Body was at for most of its stay.

    If radio acts "shady" this is actually a very legit lawsuit that any record label can unleash upon them because radio impressions are scanned by Neilsen Soundscan which in turns provides data to Billboard. There's no hiding and refusing to play songs here.

    Here is a look at the top radio airplay songs for pop songs from 1992 (when Neilsen started the scanning) -2012:


    Radio only dedicates a portion of its airplay to viewer request, so they will only play songs that the majority of the people want to listen to, i.e. they want to keep their viewer count as high as possible, because their viewer count is what they boast to other advertisers looking to buy airtime to advertise.

    The only people who enjoyed Your Body would probably be people who have been following Christina since her Genie in a Bottle days. The younger public is generally moved on to newer waves of popstars. Look at the top 100 today and 5 or 10 years ago. Many of the artists in years past have completely fallen off.

    This is also why Christina seems to sell better when she collaborates with artists that are more current (i.e Maroon 5 and recently Pitbull). The only reason Christina's song with Pitbull is doing well is because she's a feature artist with a relevant artist. If that was her own song, it would have bombed just as badly as Your Body or Not Myself Tonight, because this isn't the style of music she's best associated with.

    So you can either sit here with a catcus up your ass and whine all day about radio being shady to Christina (but now magically decides to play her song that Pitbull is in?), or you can just admit that the only people who would have enjoyed Your Body were Christina's core fanbase and nobody new.

    Peace.

  23. #1523
    Already Gone BreakTheIce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,517

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    Quote Originally Posted by penayforay View Post
    Impressive. I should return the favor


  24. #1524
    penayforay
    Guest

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BreakTheIce View Post
    @
    You don't seem to realize, the songs are sent to radio by yes, the label itself. And the label can "buy" airtime on radio depending on how well they feel a single will perform commercially. If the single isn't doing well commercially, the label will not pay radio to play it anymore, but the radio will still play songs if they get sufficient requests for it. This increases a song's audience impressions, which Billboard uses to rank songs on the Hot 100.
    oh wow songs are sent to radio by labels? WOW this is news to me. C'mon dude. really?
    oh btw http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Payola

    you wanna talk sufficient requests? Just a Fool and Your Body ended up on MANY radio programs "most requested" countdowns. Ever heard of things like 9@9 or whatever? Its funny that radio still gives it limited play during regular hours despite being on these countdowns. But you wouldn't know that would you.



    Quote Originally Posted by BreakTheIce View Post
    That's how the system works. So if Ke$ha's team decided to send her song to radio to get some sales for it, then yea good for her. In Christina's case for "Your Body", the label probably didn't see it selling well enough to consistently send it for airplay. A song cruising in the mid 30s for itunes will probably only be at the 40-70 mark on the Hot 100, which was what Your Body was at for most of its stay.
    .
    You do realize they're both under RCA right?
    Both C'Mon and Just a Fool were sent to radio that's for sure. But you do realize that C'Mon was being outsold by JAF by over a hundred spots on Itunes right? Then why would RCA choose to consistently fund radio play for the single that was doing less well? Woop.

    Quote Originally Posted by BreakTheIce View Post
    If radio acts "shady" this is actually a very legit lawsuit that any record label can unleash upon them because radio impressions are scanned by Neilsen Soundscan which in turns provides data to Billboard. There's no hiding and refusing to play songs here.
    Radio impressions are scanned by Neilsen...okay? the hell does that prove? that doesnt mean there's no hiding or refusing. Record label know about radioplay regardless of Neilson. You think a tracking company is going to stop radio from choosing what to play? I cant.

    Quote Originally Posted by BreakTheIce View Post
    Radio only dedicates a portion of its airplay to viewer request, so they will only play songs that the majority of the people want to listen to, i.e. they want to keep their viewer count as high as possible, because their viewer count is what they boast to other advertisers looking to buy airtime to advertise.
    Peace.
    I.e it is up to their subjective opinion aka shady as fuck. You would think what people would want to "listen to" would be based on sales. Yet they consistently choose songs from the bottom rung of the itunes charts. Interesting.

    Quote Originally Posted by BreakTheIce View Post
    The only people who enjoyed Your Body would probably be people who have been following Christina since her Genie in a Bottle days. The younger public is generally moved on to newer waves of popstars. Look at the top 100 today and 5 or 10 years ago. Many of the artists in years past have completely fallen off.

    This is also why Christina seems to sell better when she collaborates with artists that are more current (i.e Maroon 5 and recently Pitbull). The only reason Christina's song with Pitbull is doing well is because she's a feature artist with a relevant artist. If that was her own song, it would have bombed just as badly as Your Body or Not Myself Tonight, because this isn't the style of music she's best associated with.

    So you can either sit here with a catcus up your ass and whine all day about radio being shady to Christina (but now magically decides to play her song that Pitbull is in?), or you can just admit that the only people who would have enjoyed Your Body were Christina's core fanbase and nobody new.
    Except she's picked up fans with Stripped, B2B, and Bionic. I didnt get into Xtina until Bionic so...er...

    and lmao at you calling Pitbull a relevant artist. okay. thats why Lotus outsold Global Warming.
    and really your point about "magically deciding to play Pitbull's song" just helps my argument about radio being shady. so thanks!
    "you can just admit that the only people who would have enjoyed Your Body were Christina's core fanbase and nobody new. "
    except we'll never know this because YB was never given proper radio treatment.

  25. #1525
    penayforay
    Guest

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread



    and heres another one.
    "no one is requesting her songs" okay hunty.

    theres more. but im sure you can find them yourself if you know how to use google.

  26. #1526
    penayforay
    Guest

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BreakTheIce View Post
    Impressive. I should return the favor

    yawn* already seen on tumblr.
    wanna hear another joke? Britney's vocal credibility. 13 years in the business as a singer. No grammies for vocal performance. lol so sad.

  27. #1527
    Already Gone BreakTheIce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,517

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    ^ I never said anything about Just a Fool. I already said it was the first song I purchased off Lotus (and then Blank Page). It's true that Just a Fool and Blank Page are 10x better than Your Body. Christina probably also had similar thoughts as she I think only did 1 performance of Your Body (with a stapler IIRC). Although one could again argue that it's just another song where Christina isn't the only person singing but instead collaborating with someone doing well at the moment.

    And yes singles are sent to radio by labels. This is one of the first things labels do when it comes to releasing & promoting a single. If you think about a business, RCA will not go in a loss to play a certain song on radio if they don't feel like the single can sell well. This is where it comes to resource allocation. Although both Christina and Ke$ha are signed to RCA (and even Britney is now signed to the same label), it doesn't mean they will get the same treatment even though their parent label is the same.

    The label could have decided to give Ke$ha more radio airplay and save Christina's budget for a possible tour. She said she was leaving The Voice for a season to tour. Or perhaps they weren't satisfied by the dismal sales of Your Body when compared to Die Young (I hate both songs btw). Or perhaps the contract signed by Ke$ha and Christina differ in those details. We will never know.

    But Your Body was terrible. I'm glad radio was, if I may quote you, "shady as fuck" towards the song, if that was true. However you can't ever convince me that the thousands of radio stations all over the country had DJs who all simultaneously thought they should not play Christina's songs. That's just stupid.

    For the record I frequently have posters comment message me agreeing with my opinions, so I'm not alone when I say that Christina took the absolute worst detour possible after Back to Basics, artistically, with no signs of ever getting back on the right track as of right now. There is NOBODY out there on radio right now who can pull off the jazzy, old school sound that was associated with Back to Basics. Everything about that album was amazing. Just a Fool, Blank Page, and the other songs of Lotus do not compare with Back to Basics. Yes she still does ballads but the ballads she did for Back to Basics were 10x better.

    As for Britney's vocal credibility, there are people who prefer Britney's tone over Christina's. This has nothing to do with their singing ability, it's just the sound of the voice. While Britney doesn't have the vocals Christina does, Christina's popularity never rivaled Britney's. Britney was and is a much bigger star. Britney still commands strong album and singles sales and is a very prominent figure in pop music. Christina hasn't had a #1 song as a soloist in what, a decade?

    FYI I prefer more of Christina's songs over Britneys, but it's odd to see you get so pissed off over Christina's success (or lack of for Lotus).

    Peace~

  28. #1528
    penayforay
    Guest

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    lol Blake is doing well in country. he is by no means doing that well in the mainstream lbr. and they didnt even send JAF to country radio (still has gotten a few spins there though)

    But Your Body was terrible. I'm glad radio was, if I may quote you, "shady as fuck" towards the song, if that was true. However you can't ever convince me that the thousands of radio stations all over the country had DJs who all simultaneously thought they should not play Christina's songs. That's just stupid.
    You're right there are thousands of radio stations. But in the end, Your Body was a pop song that needed pop support. It wasn't going to take off in the other formats HAC, AC, Urban, etc. So first you have to factor, how many of your thousands of stations are pop? There are what? Around 200 top 40 radio stations in America? Second, how many are large market radio stations? Large markets have a huge influence on the smaller radio stations (which in the end, add up) and these smaller markets often look to larger markets. So really you don't need thousands of DJ's with bad intentions. Just a few in the big markets and that's where Julie Pilat and Ryan Seacrest come in.

    and yet for all her power as a prominent figure, she still couldnt manage to get XFactor to beat The Voice in the ratings.
    and we all know Christina releases new shit once every ?? years compared to Britney might as well have been the Rihanna of the past. popping out singles and albums like theres no tomorrow. aka desperate to stay in the public eye lbr. and lol yea no #1 singles but plenty of top 10 songs with large international markets (top 10 is my cutoff for amazing not top 30 btw...because if a song like Beautiful or Bad Romance reach 2 instead of 1...does it really matter?) so...didnt stop her from being the #1 top grossing female touring act with B2B.

    "For the record I frequently have posters comment message me agreeing with my opinions"
    why would you even bother with this paragraph?

  29. #1529
    Booyah! Callum's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Gerstein and Robarts
    Gender
    Male
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    2,695
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    LOL @ that gif. It's funny because Demi hasn't sold jack shit and is in no position to crack a joke.
    blacksyringe

  30. #1530
    penayforay
    Guest

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    in the three cases I have presented, it doesnt add up. Nicki's, Kesha's, and Pitbull's didnt do that great either. and sold amounts comparable to Lotus. Pitbull keeps popping out singles in the hopes that one will become a massive hit but even on the fifth (?) single, almost instantaneous adds to top 40. er?
    As for Die Young, the fact that it didnt translate to good albums sales despite being top 10 just shows me that the people are not here for Kesha. just radio.

  31. #1531
    penayforay
    Guest

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    http://one.wifc.com/stationfiles/music/top9.asp

    another one smh
    no one requested...okay hunty.
    JAF at the bottom end of Itunes top 100 right now with ~5.5 mill audience impressions. Pitbull's song was in the bottom end of top 200 at ~9 million. and then they chose to add THAT to pop radio ugh.

  32. #1532
    -Xibalba-
    Guest

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BreakTheIce View Post
    Impressive. I should return the favor

    This is highly annoying to post in a Christina Aguilera thread. Wow. I wish the negativity would stop.

  33. #1533
    penayforay
    Guest

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    I requested JAF at this one big HAC station in NY that has never played it an hour ago. The guy said "I'll see what I can do"
    He played Genie in A Bottle instead -_-
    what the fuck...

  34. #1534
    Huntneo(PT)
    Guest

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    Quote Originally Posted by penayforay View Post
    I requested JAF at this one big HAC station in NY that has never played it an hour ago. The guy said "I'll see what I can do"
    He played Genie in A Bottle instead -_-
    what the fuck...
    Seriously?

    Now that is shady. I mean, really?

  35. #1535
    Already Gone BreakTheIce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,517

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    ^I don't care what anyone says, Genie in a Bottle is still my jam


  36. #1536
    penayforay
    Guest

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    enough time to play a decade old song but cant play the new single
    seems legit. but whatevs. its yo jamz. so lets ignore the shadiness of it all
    and limited spins despite appearing on multiple most requested lists. makes sense.
    "it didnt do well because no one in the public wanted to request it." please

    people need to realize that radio doesn't always play fair. For a while, Britney was "blacklisted" on radio. Specially ClearChannel radio stations.
    so the constant talk about generic-ness and personal opinions on quality is stupid
    its not like I'm only saying radio is shady towards Christina. Its shady towards a lot of artists

  37. #1537
    penayforay
    Guest

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    its also funny that you thought Nielsen could possibly stop radio from being shady
    you do realize that Jive did actually file complaints against ClearChannel for being shady towards Britney in the past right. right? Was there anything inherently wrong with ALL the singles between I'm A Slave 4 U and Me Against The Music? Of course not.
    Did anything happen to ClearChannel? Nope. still up and running.

  38. #1538
    penayforay
    Guest

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    When the DWAD tour was being planned, ClearChannel Communications offered to sponsor it for a cut of the profits in return. Britney was having her lucrative deal with Pepsi who wanted to sponsor the tour, and Jive decided to go with them. ClearChannel got angry and told all the radio stations they owned, which was like most of it, to blacklist Britney. Slave had already been released and stalled at 27. All the other singles flopped in The US.

    When the Onyx Hotel Tour was being planned, ClearChannel again approached Jive and offered its services, and Jive said yes. MATM was out by then and had a troubled run, stalling even lower than Slave, but once the tour started Britney had radio support again, AND her blockbuster Toxic was the first song to get the benefit of full radio support since, and the people LOVED the song too. Everytime also did well.

    If you ask me, that was HANDS-DOWN the worst mistake of Britney's career. Before that, BOMT shipped 14 million in the States and OIDIA sold 10 million. Britney had two diamond albums and a fantastic reputation under her belt. Her third album sold purely on the strength of Slave alone, and her reputation as a performer. The album got 4 million in the US. It coincided with the advent of illegal downloading, but if Britney had been given a proper chance, she would have sold way higher, maybe 7 or 8 million, AND in result, ITZ (and maybe even Blackout and Circus) would have all sold just a little bit higher than they have now.
    Britney got banned on radio from late 2001 because ClearChannel asked Jive to let them be a sponsor for the Dream Within A Dream Tour and Jive told them they were going with AEG. ClearChannel got pissed off and banned Britney from being played on the radio in retaliation. This lasted from 2001 to 2003, meaning that the singles from Overprotected to Me Against The Music weren't allowed to be played. Slave was getting airplay, but was blacklisted halfway through, which is why it stopped rising on the Billboard Charts and peaked at #27.


    10 characters

  39. #1539
    penayforay
    Guest

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    01/22/02

    The Honorable John Ashcroft
    U.S. Attorney General
    Department of Justice
    950 Pennsylvania Ave. NW
    Washington DC 20530

    The Honorable Michael K. Powell, Chairman
    Federal Communications Commission
    The Portals II
    445 12th Street SW
    Room 8B201
    Washington DC 20554

    Dear Attorney General Ashcroft and Chairman Powell:

    I write to express my serious concern about vertical and horizontal integration in the radio, television, and concert promotion industries. Specifically, I am concerned that Clear Channel Communications, Inc. has negatively affected recording artists, owners of sound recording copyrights, consumers, advertisers, and competitors in the radio and television industries.

    Clear Channel’s consolidation of the radio and concert promotion industries has had a variety of negative repercussions on recording artists, copyright owners, and consumers. Clear Channel has “punished” recording artists, including Britney Spears, for their refusal to use its concert promotion service, Clear Channel Entertainment, by “burying” radio ads for their concerts and by refusing to play their songs on its radio stations. The consolidation of the radio industry also lends growing support to persistent allegations that record companies often must pay radio stations to play the music of their artists.

    These actions have obvious, negative implications for consumers, both through higher concert ticket prices and reduced selections of broadcast music. To the extent your respective agencies have jurisdiction to do so, I believe you should investigate and fully prosecute any violations of the antitrust laws or FCC regulations that have occurred in the above-referenced circumstances.

    I am also concerned about related reports of “parking” or “warehousing” of radio and television stations by Clear Channel. These reports allege that Clear Channel has intentionally flouted FCC rules limiting ownership of multiple radio and television stations in numerous markets around the country, including Monterey, San Diego, San Francisco, Hudson NY, Catskills NY, Charlotte NC, Chillicothe OH, Oklahoma City OK, and Waco TX. Clear Channel often arranges for third parties, shell corporations, or related entities to buy radio and television stations in markets in which Clear Channel has already reached the ownership caps or been faced with public opposition or regulatory scrutiny. Clear Channel allegedly has arranged to officially “buy” these stations when, and if, the FCC lifts those caps.

    I believe you should fully investigate these “warehousing” and “parking” allegations, and if true, should prosecute any violations of law. These acts may be illegal in and of themselves, and are likely to exacerbate the negative effects, outlined above, that consolidation has had on recording artists, copyright owners, advertisers, and consumers. It is also apparent that any investigation of possible antitrust violations by Clear Channel must consider the existence of “warehousing” or “parking” arrangements.

    I would appreciate the favor of a reply at your earliest convenience concerning your agencies’ plans on this matter.

    Respectfully,

    HOWARD L. BERMAN
    Member of Congress


    radio is not shady towards anyone
    hits are based on quality.

  40. #1540
    penayforay
    Guest

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    http://www.mediabase.com/WebLogon/WebLogon.asp
    Look at the banner for JAF. #1 most requested song LDR1 online module.

    also found here
    http://www1.billboard.biz/bbbiz/phot...2/TFMm0124.pdf

    1. No requests for JAF? Says who?
    2. The fact that RCA made this banner for sites/a magazine frequented by radio programmers tells me that RCA is aware of the good sales in relation to poor radio airplay. It also tells me they are trying to reach out to radio programmers.

    BreakTheIce stays pressed.

  41. #1541
    penayforay
    Guest

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread



    ICONIC

  42. #1542
    JUB Addict innocentbychoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    1,841

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BreakTheIce View Post
    I wasn't the only one, because the song didn't chart strongly.

    And radio has always supported Christina when she's put out the right things. Christina was the #2 singles selling artist of 2000s, trailing only Madonna. You don't sell singles well if radio doesn't play them. Radio does play them.

    Truth is nobody really cares about Lotus except Christina's core fans. Get over it and yourself.

    Justin Timberlake got personal with his fans before releasing Suit & Tie with some Youtube promo. His website also started a single release countdown. Scream & Shout's video was premiered on The X Factor so it got a strong initial audience viewing.
    LOL don't even go there. Christina did that as well, most of the promotion we got was from Youtube. And I hated it.

  43. #1543
    JUB Addict innocentbychoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    1,841

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    I'm way late to the discussion but I'm too lazy to read everything, I kinda went through it really fast. I don't want to get into it though, just wanted to point out that someone said Christina was 35 lol...Google anyone? She just turned 32 and honestly I don't know how that has anything to do with anything. I mean, have you guys seen this somewhat known artist called MADONNA? How old is she? like 55? And she's still making fun pop music.

    I believe Lotus is an amazing album and the real issue in my opinion is that Xtina doesn't care enough to promote, I feel like she's becoming more of a business woman and that's why she's focused on her perfumes instead of promoting the album.

  44. #1544
    Already Gone BreakTheIce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,517

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    Are you still arguing with yourself?

    Funny.

    This is why I hate hard core fans of basically anyone. If you all say that Christina says she doesn't care about charting success anymore, then as a fan, you shouldn't go ape shit about her dismal singles and CD sales either. Lotus flopped, get over it and yourself. Radio was the only reason Christina got any recognition from the public and when she put out the right material radio backed her up all the way. It's the only reason she became known as the voice of the generation.

    You may like Your Body as a fan, and good for you. Think about it from the point of view of a non fan. First of all, Christina is not at her physical peak. So seeing a video of a fat (by Hollywood standards) girl singing about wanting to fuck a guy is ironic when she doesn't even look hot enough to get laid with the fake tan and prostitute look in the video.

    Secondly, the song fails to represent the rest of the album in every which way possible. It doesn't follow through with the theme of Lotus, which was basically supposed to be a "musical rebirth" for Christina. Your Body isn't a ground breaking revolutionary musical rebirth, it's about as commonplace as every other radio song out there. The only difference is that the person singing it can actually sing without relying on auto tune. Which makes you wonder, why can't a good vocalist put out stuff that showcases, I don't know, their voice?

    Christina's career is done at this point if all she does is put out albums like Lotus and doesn't care enough to properly promote them. It's just that simple. And guess what, her record sales prove it. She took a hit with Bionic and an ever bigger hit with Lotus even though she performed on The Voice when it came out, and a few other shows.

    Nobody who is a casual listener will take her seriously with the overly done fake tan, the way she dresses, the fucking gay rainbow explosion performances, lack of promotion, and her choice of singles.

    Lotus is done. Move along. Christina is well past her golden days and unless she gets her act straight her career will keep going downhill. With the way she looks, the way she carries herself, and the songs she puts out you cannot say that she is the same person who put out Beautiful or her other successful work. Dirrty, while a poorly performing single, at least was iconic in her career. There is nothing iconic or memorable about anything she put out after Back to Basics. Nobody takes her seriously anymore because she doesn't take herself seriously.



    BTW I'm done arguing about this you can keep on quoting paragraph by paragraph to reply because I guess it's too much to expect someone to read an entire post and formulate an opinion without having to break it down. And you can keep on coming into other topics and quoting 3 month old posts to track Christina's shit into other topics as well. And you can keep on changing IPs to request her songs on different forums. And you can keep on calling radio stations to request her songs. And you can keep on being miserable as a fan and never bring yourself to enjoy the album on your own without having to put blame on other factors for her recent failures.

    But the truth is, millions of people in the US and all over the world do not give a flying. fuck. about Christina's music anymore, because she doesn't either.

  45. #1545
    penayforay
    Guest

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    I've actually addressed every single point you've made in the last post. So not entirely sure I should bother
    1. I've given proof that the general public gives enough flying fucks to request her songs to most requested lists
    2. I've given proof that radio stations can be shady towards artists with zero repercussions.

    in light of all this, you sound like a broken record player who either doesnt like to admit they're wrong or is grossly misinformed about US radio and charts or perhaps some combination of the two

    Quote Originally Posted by BreakTheIce View Post
    And you can keep on coming into other topics and quoting 3 month old posts to track Christina's shit into other topics as well.
    lmao. topic. singular. and I only did that because you blatantly ignored the point I made in this thread about kelly clarkson. even though it was perfectly valid.
    sorry. my argument holds water regardless of whether your post was 3 days old or 3 months old.

    also I don't know how to change my IP lmao

    on a happier note, Burlesque has reentered the US itunes top 100. At like 66 right now
    get that longevity gurl

    coming for Femme Fatale's weave tbh

  46. #1546
    penayforay
    Guest

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    Nobody who is a casual listener will take her seriously with the overly done fake tan, the way she dresses, the fucking gay rainbow explosion performances, lack of promotion, and her choice of singles.
    You do realize that this is entirely your opinion and that the crux of this argument is founded upon absolutely nothing right.

    First of all, Christina is not at her physical peak. So seeing a video of a fat (by Hollywood standards) girl singing about wanting to fuck a guy is ironic when she doesn't even look hot enough to get laid with the fake tan and prostitute look in the video.
    Dirrty, while a poorly performing single, at least was iconic in her career.
    You sound so pressed and uninformed hunty.

  47. #1547
    penayforay
    Guest

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    1. I've given proof that the general public gives enough flying fucks to request her songs onto most requested lists

    2. I've given proof that radio stations can be shady towards artists with zero repercussions.


    i cant edit the previous post but I dont this needed to be emphasized

  48. #1548
    penayforay
    Guest

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    You may like Your Body as a fan, and good for you.
    He thinks that I think YB should have done well because I liked it.
    I cant.

  49. #1549
    JUB Addict innocentbychoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    1,841

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BreakTheIce View Post
    Are you still arguing with yourself?

    Funny.

    This is why I hate hard core fans of basically anyone. If you all say that Christina says she doesn't care about charting success anymore, then as a fan, you shouldn't go ape shit about her dismal singles and CD sales either. Lotus flopped, get over it and yourself. Radio was the only reason Christina got any recognition from the public and when she put out the right material radio backed her up all the way. It's the only reason she became known as the voice of the generation.

    You may like Your Body as a fan, and good for you. Think about it from the point of view of a non fan. First of all, Christina is not at her physical peak. So seeing a video of a fat (by Hollywood standards) girl singing about wanting to fuck a guy is ironic when she doesn't even look hot enough to get laid with the fake tan and prostitute look in the video.

    Secondly, the song fails to represent the rest of the album in every which way possible. It doesn't follow through with the theme of Lotus, which was basically supposed to be a "musical rebirth" for Christina. Your Body isn't a ground breaking revolutionary musical rebirth, it's about as commonplace as every other radio song out there. The only difference is that the person singing it can actually sing without relying on auto tune. Which makes you wonder, why can't a good vocalist put out stuff that showcases, I don't know, their voice?

    Christina's career is done at this point if all she does is put out albums like Lotus and doesn't care enough to properly promote them. It's just that simple. And guess what, her record sales prove it. She took a hit with Bionic and an ever bigger hit with Lotus even though she performed on The Voice when it came out, and a few other shows.

    Nobody who is a casual listener will take her seriously with the overly done fake tan, the way she dresses, the fucking gay rainbow explosion performances, lack of promotion, and her choice of singles.

    Lotus is done. Move along. Christina is well past her golden days and unless she gets her act straight her career will keep going downhill. With the way she looks, the way she carries herself, and the songs she puts out you cannot say that she is the same person who put out Beautiful or her other successful work. Dirrty, while a poorly performing single, at least was iconic in her career. There is nothing iconic or memorable about anything she put out after Back to Basics. Nobody takes her seriously anymore because she doesn't take herself seriously.



    BTW I'm done arguing about this you can keep on quoting paragraph by paragraph to reply because I guess it's too much to expect someone to read an entire post and formulate an opinion without having to break it down. And you can keep on coming into other topics and quoting 3 month old posts to track Christina's shit into other topics as well. And you can keep on changing IPs to request her songs on different forums. And you can keep on calling radio stations to request her songs. And you can keep on being miserable as a fan and never bring yourself to enjoy the album on your own without having to put blame on other factors for her recent failures.

    But the truth is, millions of people in the US and all over the world do not give a flying. fuck. about Christina's music anymore, because she doesn't either.

    http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...75995007_n.png

  50. #1550
    penayforay
    Guest

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    ...I still dont know how anyone can think that no one in the general public requested Just A Fool even after I said that Mediabase and the Billboard banner said it was amongst the most requested songs at that time.

    sigh.

    but anyways.
    FTM is rising on itunes. Interestingly, Mediabase FINALLY credited Xtina's part on the song today. Just so happens, z100 one of the largest arguably largest station drops it from 9 plays a day to just once today. Interesting. Hmmm.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.