JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

remove these banner ads by becoming a JUB Supporter.

Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2125262731 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,300 of 1619
  1. #1251
    Huntneo(PT)
    Guest

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    Quote Originally Posted by O kron O View Post
    'Lotus Intro' is my favorite so far.
    It is pretty fuckin' awesome, isn't it?

    I like you.

  2. #1252
    JUB Addict innocentbychoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,884

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    Make The World Move liveeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed it!!! It was awesome and she looked like she was having so much fun. Her outfit was HOT!! And I loved the little touch the Hips Don't Lie trumpets gave the song. I'm happy, this got me excited!


  3. #1253

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    yes!!
    the performance was all over the place
    but that was at least you expected before since Christina n Cee Lo together on the stage

    Im still loving the pink afro wigs she's wearing back when Halloween Party last month

    and that last long high note
    she's so pitchy hahaa, I dont know maybe it's kinda noisy with so many things going on the stage
    or she could not hear her voice with her ears (you can see her adjusting her ears with her hands)

    but overall it's so fun!!

    I think it's a performance for them since they will not be there on The Voice 4
    and a Hips Dont Lie trumpets kinda a welcoming music for Shakira next season

    Im gonna miss them, I mean miss the chemistry from those 4 coaches together

  4. #1254
    The Mother of Loki Laufey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Reykjavik, Iceland
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,749

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    Just for fun...



    Try not to get pissed at me

  5. #1255
    CupidBoy
    Guest

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    I bought the deluxe edition of Lotus yesterday, and I must say it is free of imperfections.



    Track 5 and 6 are my favs right now.

  6. #1256
    Who is this Jackass ? Ekim23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    3,692

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    Just A fool would make sense as a single. The song is powerful and It could really go well with a little bit of promo.

    Anyone seen the live of Make the world move ??

    Aguilera needs to stop hitting the high notes if she can't do it. I mean it's Ok to mess up with one live song. But lately she has been destroying every live performance she did. I mean come on christina, we re used to sthg better coming from u !

    Anyway, at this point, I dont thnik they will ever do something with th record. They wont promote any singles, and she'll go on tour hopefully with the Lotus project behind her already.
    yeah im not very optimistic but even if any of Cease fire, circles, just a fool, let there be love or army of me could goes out as a single, RCA an aguilera wont promote it. It's just my opinion.

    Lotus is good, it's not as good as Bionic, back to basics & Stripped, but it's entertaining.

    Now chiristina get it all together, think straight and come back next year with Back to basics 2.0

  7. #1257
    CupidBoy
    Guest

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    ^ I think Bi-on-ic is better too, should have been more successful.

  8. #1258
    On the Prowl O kron O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    103

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntneo(PT) View Post
    It is pretty fuckin' awesome, isn't it?

    I like you.
    Yes it is! It's been on repeat.

    I like you too

    CupidBoy: we were supposed to have a Lotus release PARTY!!

  9. #1259
    CupidBoy
    Guest

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    Quote Originally Posted by O kron O View Post
    Yes it is! It's been on repeat.

    I like you too

    CupidBoy: we were supposed to have a Lotus release PARTY!!
    What better place than the official Christina Aguilera thread??

  10. #1260
    JUB Addict innocentbychoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,884

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Geiri85 View Post
    Just for fun...



    Try not to get pissed at me
    Britney, the talented edition:






  11. #1261
    CupidBoy
    Guest

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    ^


  12. #1262
    On the Prowl O kron O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    103

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CupidBoy View Post
    What better place than the official Christina Aguilera thread??


    I didn't realize 'Lotus Intro' had such a great bass, just realized it a few minutes ago while I listened in my car.

  13. #1263
    -Xibalba-
    Guest

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    Lotus projected to sell 70-80k first week.

    That is 30-40k less than Bionic.

    How depressing for her. I guess that's what happens when you don't promote and your single makes zero impact on the radio.

    Aguilera used to sell 300-500k first week.

  14. #1264
    -Xibalba-
    Guest

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    I've only been listening to the album for a day or so. I like it.

    Best tracks on the album:

    01. Lotus
    03. Red Hot Kinda Love
    06. Let There Be Love
    12. Best of Me
    14. Light Up the Sky

  15. #1265

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jv2.0 View Post
    Lotus projected to sell 70-80k first week.

    That is 30-40k less than Bionic.

    How depressing for her. I guess that's what happens when you don't promote and your single makes zero impact on the radio.

    Aguilera used to sell 300-500k first week.
    I'm not surprise. When I think of Xtina sometimes I just don't "see" a pop star anymore

  16. #1266
    Already Gone BreakTheIce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,518

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jv2.0 View Post
    Lotus projected to sell 70-80k first week.
    WOW really?!

    That's disappointing given all the free promo she gets on The Voice every week and stuff. I was expecting at least a 100k+ debut, especially because at this time of year album sales are the strongest (holiday season).

    Guess this might be Christina's second album in a row to miss the Platinum mark.

  17. #1267
    penayforay
    Guest

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    the problem is that even though she's on the Voice which is a great platform, she hasn't been saying "hey y'all go check out my album" incessantly...when really she should have. If I were a semi regular viewer of The Voice and not a stan, how am I supposed to know she has a new album unless she says so?

    also I knew it was a horrible idea to release the same week as One Direction....can't beat horny teenage girls. I am one of those horny teenage girls though. (not literally) I tried to resist but Niall Horan is too cute.


    HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO RESIST THIS

    https://twitter.com/Louis_Tomlinson/...08791960154115
    this also happened.

  18. #1268
    Already Gone BreakTheIce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,518

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    ^I still don't get the One Direction appeal, musically or looks-wise even, they all look like jailbait. I prefer the boys of The Wanted, and like some of their songs too.

    But Christina is dangerously close to being a has-been. I still don't understand her need to put out generic radio crap on both Bionic and this album (Your Body, I'm looking at you). She was like so different, fresh, and unique when she came out with Back to Basics. The entire sound of that album was so different than anything on mainstream and I don't understand why she didn't stick to it. She's basically sending "musical wallpaper" songs to radio now. It's like you go in a room, notice the wallpaper for a second and then don't care anymore. That's how I feel about her recent releases. You recognize her voice and then it's like "oh okay, so what?"

  19. #1269
    Huntneo(PT)
    Guest

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BreakTheIce View Post
    ^I still don't get the One Direction appeal, musically or looks-wise even, they all look like jailbait. I prefer the boys of The Wanted, and like some of their songs too.
    agreed. I just....I don't know.

    Quote Originally Posted by BreakTheIce View Post
    But Christina is dangerously close to being a has-been. I still don't understand her need to put out generic radio crap on both Bionic and this album (Your Body, I'm looking at you). She was like so different, fresh, and unique when she came out with Back to Basics. The entire sound of that album was so different than anything on mainstream and I don't understand why she didn't stick to it. She's basically sending "musical wallpaper" songs to radio now. It's like you go in a room, notice the wallpaper for a second and then don't care anymore. That's how I feel about her recent releases. You recognize her voice and then it's like "oh okay, so what?"
    Exactly. That's how I feel when listening and re-listening to the album. I just can't force myself to like it. As I said earlier, the only thing that stands out and has a unique feel for me is "Lotus","Cease Fire", and "Just a Fool"...the latter barely being so. I don't know what's going on with Ms. Aguilera, but she's dropping the ball, imo. She's not doing much to make herself stand out anymore, and it's almost as if she's just doing whatever in a weak attempt to stay relevant...but failing each time. This album is just too fucking generic for me, and I feel like I've heard 90% of this stuff before. *yawn*
    I'm seriously wondering if she even cares.

    I can't and won't pay for this. At least she still has loyal fans who will buy her stuff regardless. For now--I'm not seeing any "growth" musically. And that's not working for me.
    Last edited by Huntneo(PT); November 15th, 2012 at 12:32 AM.

  20. #1270
    -Xibalba-
    Guest

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BreakTheIce View Post
    WOW really?!

    That's disappointing given all the free promo she gets on The Voice every week and stuff. I was expecting at least a 100k+ debut, especially because at this time of year album sales are the strongest (holiday season).

    Guess this might be Christina's second album in a row to miss the Platinum mark.
    Yep. That's what Hits Daily Double is saying.

    She may get an increase from the performance with Cee Lo and the announcement on The Voice of her album dropping. Who knows. Let's hope.

    But you guys are right. I like Christina when she has a clear vision. When the album is more cohesive.

    Lotus is just, meh. Forgettable. Except for a few tracks.

    To restart her career I think she needs to recruit Mark Ronson (Back to Black). Or Stuart Price (Confessions on A Dance Floor). Or maybe Timbaland.

    I don't know.

  21. #1271
    JUB Addict innocentbychoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,884

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    I don't think she cares anymore about being the big popstar, she hasn't promoted this album as much as she should've, she released Your Body 2 months ago and we didn't even get a real performance until Tuesday's and it was completely different song (that I loved BTW but still) and the next one we'll get is the AMAs and we know nothing else. She just doesn't care I guess. As I fan it's kinda sad but I've made my peace with it, I'm happy to enjoy her music and her "presence" as a celebrity but I don't expect her to be in the league of Rihanna, Katy Perry or Justin Bieber right now. She's not even trying.

    I do think it is strange that she made probably the most commercial album since her Genie days, an album with the potential to have multiple hit singles, but she still doesn't bother to get her ass off her couch and promote.

  22. #1272
    JUB Addict innocentbychoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,884

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jv2.0 View Post
    To restart her career I think she needs to recruit Mark Ronson (Back to Black). Or Stuart Price (Confessions on A Dance Floor). Or maybe Timbaland.

    I don't know.
    After Bionic I would say that, I mean back then the problem was that people didn't like the music even though she promoted the hell out of it. And the fact that Perez Hilton basically had a campaign against her didn't help.

    But with Lotus the problem is completely the opposite, the music is really commercial and radio friendly so that's no problem, the problem is the lack of promotion. Most people don't know about Lotus unless you are a Christina fan. Her promo was based on posting Youtube clips and tweeting...that's bullsh!t! Those tweets and Youtube videos are only seen by her subscribers and followers...HER FANS. The general audience that doesn't care enough to follow or subscribe doesn't even know anything.

    I mean the only Your Body performance we got was the one on Jimmy Fallon with a freaking stapler for God's sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL. I swear this bitch loves to troll us.

  23. #1273
    Huntneo(PT)
    Guest

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbychoice View Post
    I mean the only Your Body performance we got was the one on Jimmy Fallon with a freaking stapler for God's sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL. I swear this bitch loves to troll us.

  24. #1274
    Already Gone BreakTheIce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,518

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbychoice View Post
    But with Lotus the problem is completely the opposite, the music is really commercial and radio friendly so that's no problem, the problem is the lack of promotion.
    Are you kidding me?

    The biggest problem isn't lack of promotion. It's the material she chooses to record and put out to radio. Seriously. WTF is radio friendly? If you listen to Adele's 21 album none of the songs fill the description of being "radio friendly". It's an entire album filled with ballads. She made radio love them, as opposed to making songs that the radio loves by default. She didn't give a shit about what was big on radio then.

    That's what Christina needs to do. I don't give a flying fuck about "radio friendly" crap. You don't use a 4 octave once in a generation voice to make radio friendly crap. You dictate what radio should sound like. If we want radio friendly we can just switch to Rihanna, Katy, GaGa and what not. Those ladies are all radio friendly material which is why they can hit the top of the charts for 10 weeks even and then a year later nobody gives 2 shits about their hits and they have to consistently put out new songs or we forget them.

    None of them can make a song like Beautiful and have people praising it even after a decade of its release. They cannot. Nobody gives a flying fuck about Just Dance, I Kissed a Girl, We Found Love, Umbrella, etc anymore. They are all radio friendly. But they are not iconic. They have a short shelf life.

    Christina needs to grow a fucking pair and stop giving a shit about what radio wants and instead put out good music instead of putting out absolute generic music. It doesn't do her any justice. It's an insult to my intelligence if Christina camp thinks I will approve her singing shit ANYBODY else on radio could have recorded.

  25. #1275
    Who is this Jackass ? Ekim23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    3,692

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    I want Back to basics 2.0

  26. #1276

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    imagine if she did promo like her previous albums
    Stripped - live performance at MTV, VMA appearance, magazine cover, radio
    Back to Basics - ANOM debut performance at MTV Movie Awards, magazine cover, and branding people she was a BABY JANE
    even Bionic had it - Oprah, Today Show, Good Morning, performance at Leno, magazine cover etc etc

    while Lotus
    just several interviews from her home, Jimmy Fallon, and others but she was promoting The Voice
    20% promoting Lotus

    I miss her performance at Good Morning America too

  27. #1277
    Who is this Jackass ? Ekim23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    3,692

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    After all she problly makes more money with the voice than she does with LOtus, that makes sesn to promote the voice then LOL

  28. #1278
    Huntneo(PT)
    Guest

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    BreakTheIce in here preaching! lol

    Once again, I agree with everything you're saying.

    But you're going to have to lay up off "Umbrella". That's a classic!

  29. #1279
    penayforay
    Guest

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BreakTheIce View Post
    ^I still don't get the One Direction appeal, musically or looks-wise even, they all look like jailbait. I prefer the boys of The Wanted, and like some of their songs too.
    5 attractive British guys telling you that you're beautiful? Doesn't seem very hard to get lol
    They're also in my age group. I'm like a month older than Louis. I can probably pass as jailbait too so I guess the idea of them "looking like jailbait" has never really occurred to me.
    As for the Wanted...they just give off this really douchey vibe.

    I thought Bionic was more coherent. But meh. I don't know anymore. I liked how Stripped was Xtina, B2B was Baby Jane, and Bionic was Madam X. Lotus -> ???

    Another huge problem is image. When I was studying GRE vocab, I came across the word fulsome...and that's what I think of MOST of Christina outfits these days.


    if she looked like this more often...
    she said the Voice performance of Make the World Move was all about royalty...I'm like "no grrrl" The only queen that would wear a wig like that would be a drag queen.

    oh btw Your Body finally became top ten in Canada's hot 100!!!

  30. #1280
    JUB Addict innocentbychoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,884

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BreakTheIce View Post
    Are you kidding me?

    The biggest problem isn't lack of promotion. It's the material she chooses to record and put out to radio. Seriously. WTF is radio friendly? If you listen to Adele's 21 album none of the songs fill the description of being "radio friendly". It's an entire album filled with ballads. She made radio love them, as opposed to making songs that the radio loves by default. She didn't give a shit about what was big on radio then.

    That's what Christina needs to do. I don't give a flying fuck about "radio friendly" crap. You don't use a 4 octave once in a generation voice to make radio friendly crap. You dictate what radio should sound like. If we want radio friendly we can just switch to Rihanna, Katy, GaGa and what not. Those ladies are all radio friendly material which is why they can hit the top of the charts for 10 weeks even and then a year later nobody gives 2 shits about their hits and they have to consistently put out new songs or we forget them.
    Rrrright. Radio sound has always been dictated by more commercially driven artists and sounds like Britney, Rihanna and Katy (and as I say that as a Christina fan). That's why EVERYTHING out there sounds like them. Adele is an exception but I'm sure it won't be long before people get over it and move on. Do I want Xtina to sound like everything else? No. But don't kid yourself for a second thinking that an artist being "different" and going the exact opposite route to what radio is playing will make that artist's work a smash hit everywhere. Common sense.

    Christina needs to grow a fucking pair and stop giving a shit about what radio wants and instead put out good music instead of putting out absolute generic music. It doesn't do her any justice. It's an insult to my intelligence if Christina camp thinks I will approve her singing shit ANYBODY else on radio could have recorded.
    I don't know what Christina you're talking about but you're getting it all wrong, her music hasn't been about "what radio wants" for the past 10 years (I'm not complaining, that's just how it was). Neither Back to Basics nor Keeps Getting Better nor Bionic were radio-friendly and even though I applaud her bravery and originality, that's part of the reason why she lost so much appeal with the general audience. She's back making a very pop and radio friendly record but it isn't going anywhere bc of promotion, so it all goes back to my previous post.

  31. #1281
    Already Gone BreakTheIce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,518

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbychoice View Post
    But don't kid yourself for a second thinking that an artist being "different" and going the exact opposite route to what radio is playing will make that artist's work a smash hit everywhere. Common sense.
    Is that why Taylor Swift, who has nothing in common with GaGa, Rihanna, Britney, and Katy Perry music-wise, can move 1.2 million copies in her first week and Christina who is now sounding like them is moving less than 100k?

    Is that why Adele can send a ballad straight into the top 10 and have other ballads top the charts while Christina's radio friendly song just tanks?

    Is that also why Somebody Like You went to #1 for 8 weeks depite sounding like nothing that was on the radio at the time of its release?

    Is that also why fun. managed to also score big hits with rock songs when radio was all pop-RnB at the time they released We Are Young?

    And is that also why Ellie Goulding's Lights, an indie song, became one of the biggest hits this year?

    Yea okay.

  32. #1282
    Booyah! Callum's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Gerstein and Robarts
    Gender
    Male
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    2,706
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    After giving Lotus a solid listen, Bionic is still vastly superior. No idea why it tanked to be honest. Lotus will bomb because the other 932542 albums released this year by the same producer/crew are taking up the chart space and RCA is full of nasty fuckers that use their teeth too much when blowing you. That's all.
    blacksyringe

  33. #1283
    JUB Addict innocentbychoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,884

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BreakTheIce View Post
    Is that why Taylor Swift, who has nothing in common with GaGa, Rihanna, Britney, and Katy Perry music-wise, can move 1.2 million copies in her first week and Christina who is now sounding like them is moving less than 100k?

    Is that why Adele can send a ballad straight into the top 10 and have other ballads top the charts while Christina's radio friendly song just tanks?

    Is that also why Somebody Like You went to #1 for 8 weeks depite sounding like nothing that was on the radio at the time of its release?

    Is that also why fun. managed to also score big hits with rock songs when radio was all pop-RnB at the time they released We Are Young?

    And is that also why Ellie Goulding's Lights, an indie song, became one of the biggest hits this year?

    Yea okay.
    Ummm Lets see...Ellie Goulding? Never heard of her. So it might be a hit where you are but that doesn't prove anything.

    Taylor Swift, 19 year old beautiful girl that talks about breakup and releases pop-ish country songs (yeah POP-ish, I don't think that's real country). She's as comercial as you can be, I think you're misinterpreting my point, I don't mean to say that everything needs to sound like Britney's technopop in order to be successful, the term "radio-friendly" is a lot wider than that, its simply about a record that is easy for the general audience to digest, whether it is technopop or not. And Taylor Swift is as easy as it comes! A 19 year old girl talking about breakup??? The teenager girls are eating that up!!! Plus she's part of the new teen craze along with Justin, Selena, etc...That being said, let me know where she's gonna be in 4 or 5 years.

    And Adele I already told you.

    You really want Christina to make a "different" sound that stands out from everything that is being played on the radio? SHE ALREADY DID. It's called Back To Basic and Bionic. And I love those records, but I as already said, the fact that she changes her sound so much record from record means she alienates a big part of the audience everytime and it doesn't really give her a musical identity; she does have a trademark sound in her VOICE but after everything she has experimented with, a "Christina Aguilera song" can be pretty much anything and that can be a good and a bad thing. Right now I think only her hardcore fans (like me) are the ones who keep following her. So again, promotion is the key now, if nobody else but her hardcore fans know and care about a new record, that reflects on sales and everything else.

  34. #1284
    Already Gone BreakTheIce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,518

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbychoice View Post
    Ummm Lets see...Ellie Goulding? Never heard of her. So it might be a hit where you are but that doesn't prove anything.
    Lights

    In the United States, "Lights" was a sleeper hit, spending one year and three months on the Billboard Hot 100 before finally reaching number two on the chart in August 2012, after being released in May 2011. The song was certified triple platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), with sales of over three million downloads in the United States.
    If your point about promotion were true, Bionic would have been a success. It wasn't. It was a disaster and she promoted the hell out of that album prior to its release (Oprah and what not). Promotion isn't the biggest problem here. Good music will eventually promote itself. Christina has severely lowered her standards. It doesn't matter if you promote the hell out of shit. If it isn't what is expected of you nobody will care. If it is good music it will eventually turn around and end up drawing attention . Take note of the quote on Lights, which managed to climb all the way up to #2. Where was the promotion? It slowly found its way to being a hit.

    And, brand new artists which successfully charted this year and took charge the Hot 100 for 23 consecutive weeks this year. So yes for 23 weeks (that's over 5 months) you had brand new artists who came out with little to no promotion commanding radio all of a sudden.

    Take note I always say promotion isn't the biggest problem. I acknowledge the fact that it is important, but you need to have good stuff to promote. Lately, Christina doesn't. Her new releases don't do her any justice because she attempts to record stuff which is basically already out there.

    Good stuff + promotion = Back To Basics is a major hit.

    Bad stuff + promotion = Bionic.

    Bad stuff + no promotion = Lotus.

    Bad stuff + promotion for Lotus = Bionic 2.0

    When what fans really want and deserve is Back to Basics 2.0.

  35. #1285
    JUB Addict innocentbychoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,884

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BreakTheIce View Post
    Lights



    If your point about promotion were true, Bionic would have been a success. It wasn't. It was a disaster and she promoted the hell out of that album prior to its release (Oprah and what not). Promotion isn't the biggest problem here.
    If you go back to my post (#1272) I wrote: " back then the problem was that people didn't like the music even though she promoted the hell out of it". I don't think she wanted to be "commercial" with Bionic, I think she was truly experimenting with a new sound but it didn't connect with people, it wasn't (and I hate to use this once again) "radio-friendly". Plus Not Myself Tonight was a really bad first single...Not even I thought much of it when it came out.

    Yes, is not all about promotion. Is about good music as well, but both go hand in hand specially if you take 2 or 3 years between albums (people forget reaaaally fast that's why Sh1thanna is cashing in on her moment releasing one album after the other).

    Take note I always say promotion isn't the biggest problem. I acknowledge the fact that it is important, but you need to have good stuff to promote. Lately, Christina doesn't. Her new releases don't do her any justice because she attempts to record stuff which is basically already out there
    .

    I agree with what you say about promotion here, but I disagree with your thoughts about Xtina's music. Lotus has the potential to be a hit in every sense of the word, songs like Just A Fool (that is climbing the itunes chart as we speak without promotion), Around The World, Sing For Me, Circles, Best of Me, Lotus Intro, Red Hot Kinda Love and even Your Body have HIT written all over them.

    When what fans really want and deserve is Back to Basics 2.0.
    Hmm I think the Back to Basics jazzy kinda sound is what suits her voice the most, but I don't know if I'm prepared for another record like that right now. I love pop music, and I love when she makes pop music, GOOD POP, e.g. Stripped.

  36. #1286
    penayforay
    Guest

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BreakTheIce View Post
    Bad stuff + promotion = Bionic.
    I think there is more to this equation
    On the left side of the equation, you should all Perez Hilton's Hate Campaign (which included completely unfounded Gaga comparisons) and Christina Aguilera being out of the public eye for quite some time (her own choice to take a break)
    I don't think any of these is the most important contributor but I think they all contributed
    Not to mention, America seems to freak out when Christina does anything overtly sexual i,e Dirrty or NMT. Which is weird because Rihanna has a song about S&M.

    It irks me to no end when people say oh Bionic was jumping onto a trend. She's said after B2B that her fourth album was going to be in a completely different direction, an electronica sort of direction way before Gaga became so huge.
    Like it makes no sense, if she wanted to copy Gaga whose stuff was mainstream stuff by RedOne, why would she go to relatively underground acts like Ladytron or Peaches or the then relatively unknown Sia. Furthermore, the good majority of the songs on Bionic were ballads. How many ballads did Gaga have on the Fame?
    I also think her label made her do a lot more mainstream stuff and fucked it up. Just look at Ladytron's quote on Bionic's wiki page.

    Given the reviews, I think Your Body had great potential. Of course some people didnt like it but they're in the minority I think. Promotion could have made this song blow up which in turn could have helped the album a lot.

  37. #1287
    JUB Addict innocentbychoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,884

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    Quote Originally Posted by penayforay View Post
    I think there is more to this equation
    On the left side of the equation, you should all Perez Hilton's Hate Campaign (which included completely unfounded Gaga comparisons)
    This. Completely true. I don't even know where Perez's hatred came from, I know it started because Xtina said she didn't know what Gaga was, if it was a man or a woman...But Perez was just acting like a 12 year old girl defending her girlfriend in high school...It was ridiculous.

  38. #1288
    Booyah! Callum's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Gerstein and Robarts
    Gender
    Male
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    2,706
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    @ not knowing who Ellie is. God, if you want anything remotely decent these days you have to listen to British artists. America is total shit at the moment.
    blacksyringe

  39. #1289
    JUB Addict matt1980111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,456

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    'Lotus' is pretty damn good IMO. I don't care for the production on some of the songs and some of the lyrics are a little amateur but I think I enjoy just about every song.

    'Light Up the Sky', 'Best of Me', 'Make the World Move', 'Just a Fool', 'Cease Fire' and title track are some of my favorites already.

  40. #1290
    JUB Addict innocentbychoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,884

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    Quote Originally Posted by matt1980111 View Post
    'Lotus' is pretty damn good IMO. I don't care for the production on some of the songs and some of the lyrics are a little amateur but I think I enjoy just about every song.

    'Light Up the Sky', 'Best of Me', 'Make the World Move', 'Just a Fool', 'Cease Fire' and title track are some of my favorites already.
    Just A Fool and Around The World are my top 2. I'm hoping JAF becomes the second single!

  41. #1291
    -Xibalba-
    Guest

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    Quote Originally Posted by -Callum- View Post
    After giving Lotus a solid listen, Bionic is still vastly superior. No idea why it tanked to be honest. Lotus will bomb because the other 932542 albums released this year by the same producer/crew are taking up the chart space and RCA is full of nasty fuckers that use their teeth too much when blowing you. That's all.
    So much truth here. Totally agreed.

  42. #1292
    -Xibalba-
    Guest

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    Quote Originally Posted by -Callum- View Post
    @ not knowing who Ellie is. God, if you want anything remotely decent these days you have to listen to British artists. America is total shit at the moment.
    Maybe American Top 40 is total shit at the moment -- but we've still got great artists putting out great music that aren't receiving the attention they deserve.

  43. #1293
    penayforay
    Guest

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbychoice View Post
    This. Completely true. I don't even know where Perez's hatred came from, I know it started because Xtina said she didn't know what Gaga was, if it was a man or a woman...But Perez was just acting like a 12 year old girl defending her girlfriend in high school...It was ridiculous.
    I used to stan for Gaga and even then I wasn't sure if she was a dude tbh. Can anyone really blame Xtina for speaking her mind? I also read in a comments section somewhere that Christina was not pleased that Perez tried to out Sia or something. How much truth is in that? dunno
    and to think Christina actually sang at Perez's birthday once. What a douche. All that backstabbing, not surprised even Gaga got tired of him

    also
    http://www.fuse.tv/shows/top-40
    Your Body got to the final round! this is crazy! you get that promo grrl

  44. #1294
    JUB Addict matt1980111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,456

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread



    Just saw this video...I absolutely love it!

  45. #1295
    Want a slice? :) J-23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    1,424

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    AfterElton's Louis Virtel once described Christina as "artistry-deaf" and I think that perfectly sums up why she hasn't had a hit song in a decade. She has no musical identity, she doesn't know what's hot at the moment, she has no idea what audiences want to hear, she makes no attempt to appeal to listeners... She's ultimately clueless. That's why she's wandering around the "Your Body" video dressed as a gourd-shaped Peggy Bundy, singing cartoonishly hypersexual pop drivel -- because she thinks she's "with it" when in fact she's pathetically out of touch.

    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cool-mom.jpg  

  46. #1296
    penayforay
    Guest

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    ^ kind of assuming she gives a shit about whats "hot" at the moment.
    just fyi, a decade is 10 years and Back To Basics was less than 10 years ago hun.

  47. #1297
    Want a slice? :) J-23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    1,424

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    Yes, I'm aware of when the critically-derided, hit-free Back to Basics was released.

  48. #1298
    penayforay
    Guest

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    Ain't No Other Man Top Ten in 17 countries this includes major markets like the UK, US, Australia
    Hurt Top Ten in 12 countries Ten Twenty in 5 Countries. Third on Germany's 2007 year end chart
    Candyman Top Ten in 5 countries Top Twenty in Ten Countries. Eighth on Australia's 2007 year end chart
    Accompanying tour grossed $90 million and had to be stopped early due to pregnancy.

    Okay whatever you say J-23
    I'll let you google reviews for Back To Basics yourself. Stay pressed bitch.

  49. #1299
    Huntneo(PT)
    Guest

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    all this talk about Back To Basics is making me nostalgic.

    *plays "On Our Way"*


    that don't mean that I won't need a frieeeeeeeeend

  50. #1300
    CupidBoy
    Guest

    Re: The Christina Aguilera Mega-thread

    Just watch Xtina get interviewed on Dateline. Its funny, I used to think she was a pretentious bitch, but she actually seems quite lovely.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.