Free Gay Sex Photos, Movies, Reviews and Forums at JustUsBoys
    toy surprise inside!

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

*The Fashion Show* (Bravo's New *Project Runway* Rip-off)

as we all know - 'project runway' is moving to lifetime, and now it seems bravo has created it's own lame-ass rip-off design show in a feeble attempt to stop the bleeding.. i actually can't stand isaac mizrahi or kelly rowland, but like a bad car accident - i'll hafta watch..

http://www.bravotv.com/the-fashion-show

The Fashion Show,' premiering Thursday, May 7th on Bravo

By Anne Bratskeir
    Newsday

REASON TO WATCH: You've been jonesing for your weekly fix of "Project Runway"? Well, here's Bravo's answer, having lost the show, after an extended legal battle, to Lifetime. It's the ultimate fashion (reality show) knock-off, but so what?

Designer Isaac Mizrahi, whose sense of sarcasm, sweetness and mirth is evident, hosts with Kelly Rowland, former Destiny's Child singer and self-proclaimed fashionista. They also judge and are joined by New York Fashion Week queen Fern Mallis, an industry insider, who is the voice of reason. If you thought "Project Runway" designers had personality, wait until you get a load of this kooky collection of contestants.

WHAT IT'S ABOUT: You know the premise. Fifteen professional designers compete to have their designs sold at retail and for a $125,000 prize courtesy of Tresemme, who stayed on as a sponsor.

Each episode features two challenges, starting with the Harper's Bazaar Mini Challenge. The first is to make a little black dress out of a black T-shirt. Then comes the elimination challenge — where there's a variation on the "Project Runway" theme. The fashion shows are flashier, featuring dramatic lights and a V-shaped runway. A studio audience of fashion insiders whittles down the winners and losers for the judges, who make the final cut.

Like "Project Runway," there are guest judges, the first being designer Elie Tahari. Somebody wins, somebody goes home, and in the first episode at least, the kiss-off line in place of Heidi Klum's "auf Wiedersehen" is Mizrahi's heartfelt "buh-bye, darling."

BOTTOM LINE: Overall, a meaner, harsher fashion competition, but compelling. When the judges hate something, they don't try to couch their disdain.

Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Re: *The Fashion Show* (Bravo's New *Project Runway* Rip-off)

I'll stay faithful to Bravo and check it out - but with both shows, I feel like whats the point?

I never really had a reason to watch Lifetime before and now that Golden Girls is gone to Hallmark/WE...
    http://forum.justusboys.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic178661_10.gif

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I'll be watching it as well.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I'm not sure about Kelly Rowland hosting the show. I mean atleast Mizrahi is a designer.

I'll have to check it out. If it's the same as PR with just a different name, then I'll watch it.

toy surprise inside!

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by bokan800 View Post
    I'm not sure about Kelly Rowland hosting the show. I mean atleast Mizrahi is a designer.
    yeah, i don't get kelly at all either.. i mean heidi wasn't a designer but at least she had a modeling career that exposed her to the fashion industry and has good taste in what she wears, but kelly rowland doesn't exactly jump to mind when i think "high-style". i mean sequin mini-dresses work for the stage, but theyre not exactly considered "fashion"..

Orientation
    Gay

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I watched it tonight. It was entertaining, at least, to watch the personalities clashing so soon. I found it hilarious when Merlin (what a trainwreck he is) told Daniella "It was a male dominated world, get used to it" and she replied back "Male, where?". Merlin does seem a little short on testosterone, and the clothes he wears.

The clothes, for the most part, looked horrible. I don't really know what is "fashionable", I just know what I think looks good. The guy who won the challenge truly did create a beautiful dress.

From the previews at the end of the show, it looks like it's going to be an interesting season. Lots of drama, and a lot of people who seem pretty full of themselves.

Do any of you think this contestant, Johnny R., is a female-to-male transgender?

JUB Addict
    Orientation
    Gay

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

just finished watching it....didn't love it...didn't hate it. It was the closest to Project Runway that a Project Runway rip off has come(as in the actual style of the show) but I dunno...I'm not buying it...buh bye darling

haha...no I just had to say that....it was alright...i'll give it another chance...if not just to see what Merlin says...and that Reco guy was a bitch too.

and if that Johnny guy is a f to m transgendered he must have been an ugly woman.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I like Merlin, James-Paul, and Reco.

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I liked it but I remember Merlin when he was on "The Janice Dickinson" show. Here is a clip:

Blueboy369

Slut
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I really enjoyed the show. As much as I thought Issac M. was going to be obnoxious he was very calm and straight forward. I have to say I am already hooked. I like the runway better i like the judging portion better cant wait for next week.

toy surprise inside!

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by nathan482 View Post
    I really enjoyed the show. As much as I thought Issac M. was going to be obnoxious he was very calm and straight forward.
    agreed.. when he's trying to be funny is when he's most annoying, but i'll admit he actually didn't get on my nerves last nite..

JUB Addict
    Orientation
    Gay

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by Blueboy369 View Post
    I liked it but I remember Merlin when he was on "The Janice Dickinson" show. Here is a clip:

I KNEW I recognized him!

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

That queen is already a designer and so is Andrew, of Andrew Christian underwear. I think I'll be watching, it looks interesting.
    Blueboy369

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

This show's first show was so bad that it felt truly sleazy. The contestants look like that raided homeless shelters. 2 familiar faces 'the cutest guy' and Merlin from JDMA who was such a sleaze on that and here ihe is again in his crazy fantasy world. Nauseating little whatever.
    I think you mistake me for someone who cares.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

The first episode was pretty good. That Merlin guy gets on my nerves. He's too obnoxious.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I like the show a little since it seems to thrive on its over the top-ness...shame there's not a looker in the bunch on this show...that could give me more of an inkling to continue watching

hell...the only person that gives me a slight tingle is Merlin (cause he reminds me of someone I know with that face and accent)....and that makes me one sad panda
    BEWARE MY POWER!

Do you lick pussy?
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

OMG, why did they have to move Project Runway to that white trash channel who seems to think all men do is abuse women? Deer God, what a stupid move.

I won't even watch anymore beyond this next season, which was produced and done before the move.

toy surprise inside!

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

bumping as a reminder to anyone who missed it last week..

JUB Addict
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I think people take Merlin too seriously. He's kinda funny in his crazy little world and crazy costumes. That male domination comment was taken way too seriously especially. That girl that is his "enemy" is far more annoying imo.

I really like Kelly as the co-host.

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I though Tinsley Mortimer the "Social" lost her fucking mind when she chose that awful black outfit as the winner. I can't stand the outfit or the designer.
    Blueboy369

toy surprise inside!

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by aijalon18 View Post
    I think people take Merlin too seriously. He's kinda funny in his crazy little world and crazy costumes. That male domination comment was taken way too seriously especially. That girl that is his "enemy" is far more annoying imo.

I really like Kelly as the co-host.
    totally agree.. merlin is one of the only interesting things about the show. a lot of gay men are still brainwashed into believing masculine is better, so they just feel threatened and automatically ridicule any man who isn't trying to "butch" it up, but i thank the lucky stars that there's fabulous people in the world like merlin who don't buy into any of that tired b.s.. and as far as the "male domination" crack - i thought he was just kidding referring to the fact that all 3 team leaders who won the first mini-challenge were men - i mean if that girl honestly thinks merlin is her idea of a male chauvinist then she's even more delusional than i thought. altho, i'm still not buying kelly rowland as a fashion "expert" - sorry..

Sergei Monsoon
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I do like it.

The designers are far more fashion forward than most who've appeared on PR.
    "I'm chanting even as we speak, sweetie!"

toy surprise inside!

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

bumping again.. new episode airs tonite @ 10..

JUB Addict
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I watched the first episode and thought it was boring. I'm not watching. Project Runway comes is going to air on Lifetime this summer. And Kathy Griffin's D-List is coming back in June with a new season.

JUB Addict
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

It's kinda bad in a way that makes it kinda good. It's so obvious they are desperate to separate it from project runway in silly little ways. The highlight of every episode so far is when Isaac announces that they are staying in the same teams AGAIN. The contestants all clearly wanna shoot themselves when they hear that. It's completely absurd to have them in the same teams 3 shows in a row but it sure makes me laugh.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

The tall guy gets on my nerves. He never shuts his fucking mouth.

toy surprise inside!

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by aijalon18 View Post
    It's kinda bad in a way that makes it kinda good. It's so obvious they are desperate to separate it from project runway in silly little ways. The highlight of every episode so far is when Isaac announces that they are staying in the same teams AGAIN. The contestants all clearly wanna shoot themselves when they hear that. It's completely absurd to have them in the same teams 3 shows in a row but it sure makes me laugh.
    lol, yeah.. i'm sure if they COULD do an EXACT copy of 'project runway' without getting sued - they would.. but they have to at least change it up somewhat or else harvey weinstein would be all over their ass.. unfortunately they've changed it up in all the wrong ways (imho).. i personally would have actually liked the designers to have had 3 days to complete each task properly (instead of just 1 or 2 days like on the original p.r.), but of course they didn't do that.. instead they've done group challenges for the first 3 weeks now - before the judges or home viewers can have any chance to learn each designers individual style, and isaac even said the judges couldn't choose their favorite design this week because of this stupid arbitrary 'top team/bottom team' rule.. and of course the very BEST part of project runway is also gone in this version - when the judges dismiss the designers and then sit and have an INTELLIGENT discussion about who they did and didn't like - why/why not, etc.. tho, in a way i'm kinda glad this version sucks - harvey weinstein created project runway - it's his baby, and bravo was just too stupid to figure out how to rip it off while improving upon it - instead they took all the good bits away in favor of creating more 'drama' (which really misses what the success of the show was based on), so they deserve to have it bomb..

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

The group challenges needs to stop. Although for me it became clear who has the skills and who are the "wanna-be-designers".

Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Yeah uhh....just found out last night the 2nd season's been airing since November on Bravo. You have to watch! If it's just to meet Calvin, you have to watch! Check youtube for the past 5 episodes if, like me, you didn't know this train wreck was on. LOL
    LADY GAGA
    'ARTPOP'

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I confused the first season of this show with that other show about the designer and the non-designer teams. I did enjoy the first season and was hoping Jean-Paul would win, but he didn't.

This season, I'd like to see either Cesar or Jeffrey win.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Well they got rid of david so there will be no romance anymore. Cesar is an egotistical buffoon, as in Calvin.

To me the show is Eduardo's to lose. If he can get himself to do something different than his usual schtick.

As far as designing goes there has been some pretty awful clothes put together here. Of course, they don't have Tim Gunn to administer his wealth of info - and the designers seem to need it badly.

I would have taken a sewing machine needle and thrust it into Calvin's eye by now if I were there. Was a total sniping, bitch, and he can't seem to reel himself in.
    I think you mistake me for someone who cares.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by joesman View Post
    Well they got rid of david so there will be no romance anymore. Cesar is an egotistical buffoon, as in Calvin.

To me the show is Eduardo's to lose. If he can get himself to do something different than his usual schtick.

As far as designing goes there has been some pretty awful clothes put together here. Of course, they don't have Tim Gunn to administer his wealth of info - and the designers seem to need it badly.

I would have taken a sewing machine needle and thrust it into Calvin's eye by now if I were there. Was a total sniping, bitch, and he can't seem to reel himself in.
    I don't think Cesar is all that bad. There are times when he can get annoying and he really needs to learn to pull it back, but he has some good ideas.

Calvin is mostly annoying and doesn't really bring the right kind of drama. I was hoping they'd get rid of him last week.

As far as Eduardo goes, I agree with you. I actually think the prize for winning a challenge isn't that great. I love the idea of it in theory, but frankly it's not worth anything if you don't get to the end. I assume it had something to do with saving the show money, but I don't know for sure.