Free Gay Sex Photos, Movies, Reviews and Forums at JustUsBoys
Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: protein

  1. #1

    protein

    besides fish and chicken, what are good protein sources for your muscles.

  2. #2
    Sex God MrWright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Location
    Garden City
    Posts
    606


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: protein

    Whey's the best immediately after a workout (found in milk and dairy products).

    However it's easiest to augment whey into your diet by buying whey protein shakes (or powders to make shakes) as this gives you the fast acting whey without the fat content.

  3. #3

    Re: protein

    Quote Originally Posted by MrWright View Post
    Whey's the best immediately after a workout (found in milk and dairy products).

    However it's easiest to augment whey into your diet by buying whey protein shakes (or powders to make shakes) as this gives you the fast acting whey without the fat content.
    do u recommened any good brands?

  4. #4
    Sex God MrWright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Location
    Garden City
    Posts
    606


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: protein

    There are lots...a good place to look for ordering is musclebuilder.com.

    They have tons.

    Also, casein protein before bed is good (this is all contingent upon you working out regularly) to make sure you don't break down muscle.

  5. #5
    cuidado com o mau-olhado JUB Admin KaraBulut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    23,337


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: protein

    Quote Originally Posted by reggieboi View Post
    besides fish and chicken, what are good protein sources for your muscles.
    Eggs and milk are rich in protein. And they are much more affordable than meats.

    Generally we don't recommend soy or other plant proteins as replacement for animal proteins unless you're a strict vegetarian.

    In most cases, a balanced diet will provide adequate protein.

    The human body is limited on the amount of protein that it can process over a period of time. Unless you are a serious body-builder, excessive protein from supplements will just be flushed down the toilet (literally and figuratively).

  6. #6

    Re: protein

    Quote Originally Posted by MrWright View Post
    There are lots...a good place to look for ordering is musclebuilder.com.

    They have tons.

    Also, casein protein before bed is good (this is all contingent upon you working out regularly) to make sure you don't break down muscle.
    Thanks for the reference.. I'll take a look there. Is casein the same as whey?

  7. #7

    Re: protein

    Quote Originally Posted by KaraBulut View Post
    Eggs and milk are rich in protein. And they are much more affordable than meats.

    Generally we don't recommend soy or other plant proteins as replacement for animal proteins unless you're a strict vegetarian.

    In most cases, a balanced diet will provide adequate protein.

    The human body is limited on the amount of protein that it can process over a period of time. Unless you are a serious body-builder, excessive protein from supplements will just be flushed down the toilet (literally and figuratively).

    I workout every other day for an hour, pretty intense... how much protein is good enough??

  8. #8
    Sex God MrWright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Location
    Garden City
    Posts
    606


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: protein

    Quote Originally Posted by reggieboi View Post
    Thanks for the reference.. I'll take a look there. Is casein the same as whey?
    No.

    You workout 7 days a week? Good for you. What's your routine.

    I do minimum 5 to 7 but I get lazy and all I'll do on weekends is cardio anyway cuz my body needs/wants a rest.

  9. #9

    Re: protein

    Quote Originally Posted by MrWright View Post
    No.

    You workout 7 days a week? Good for you. What's your routine.

    I do minimum 5 to 7 but I get lazy and all I'll do on weekends is cardio anyway cuz my body needs/wants a rest.
    what's the difference?

    Not 7 per week, that'll kill me... every other day, so it's basically mon wed fri sun - repeat cycle. each of those workouts i do leg press, bench press, chinups, abs, and 15 min of cardio.

  10. #10
    cuidado com o mau-olhado JUB Admin KaraBulut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    23,337


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: protein

    Quote Originally Posted by reggieboi View Post
    I workout every other day for an hour, pretty intense... how much protein is good enough??

    There's actually another thread with a pretty good discussion on the topic here:
    http://www.justusboys.com/forum/showthread.php?t=245382

    The minimum is 0.8gm/kg which is about 60gm of protein (equivalent to 7 oz of chicken breast).

    One of the very serious body-builder on the forum consumed 2.5gm/kg per day which is close to 200gm.

    For the average gym workout, 0.8gm-1.0gm/kg per day is enough.

  11. #11
    Sex God MrWright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Location
    Garden City
    Posts
    606


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: protein

    Quote Originally Posted by reggieboi View Post
    what's the difference?

    Not 7 per week, that'll kill me... every other day, so it's basically mon wed fri sun - repeat cycle. each of those workouts i do leg press, bench press, chinups, abs, and 15 min of cardio.
    Oh no that's good too...

    I thought I read I workout everyday and I was like, ' woowsa....I'm a slouch.'

    Just a misreading

    No you definitely need to start implementing whey into your diet when you're working out that often.

  12. #12
    On the Prowl D_Pipa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Location
    pontefract
    Posts
    142


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: protein

    7 days a week, IMO, is too much

    3 days would be best, 2 days to recover the muscles.

  13. #13

    Re: protein

    Quote Originally Posted by KaraBulut View Post
    There's actually another thread with a pretty good discussion on the topic here:

    The minimum is 0.8gm/kg which is about 60gm of protein (equivalent to 7 oz of chicken breast).

    One of the very serious body-builder on the forum consumed 2.5gm/kg per day which is close to 200gm.

    For the average gym workout, 0.8gm-1.0gm/kg per day is enough.
    Thanks for the thread. I'm going to read through it and see what's up.

  14. #14
    The voice of one
    jockboy01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,462


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: protein

    As KaraBulut states, a well balanced diet gives you plenty of protein. All of that "extra" protein goes to waste anyway in that it isn't used to build muscle.

  15. #15

    Re: protein

    Too bad we can't find out what our bodies need exactly to build muscle properly. I know the 1 gram rule per pound of bodyweight, but that's too much I think.

  16. #16
    Porn Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Location
    Link÷ping
    Posts
    392


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: protein

    Quote Originally Posted by reggieboi View Post
    besides fish and chicken, what are good protein sources for your muscles.
    Cottace Cheese
    Quorn (mushroom, can do alot of cool stuff, like filÚs, or beef and etc, veggies love it)

    Make sure you get protein every 3 hours, body cant store protein, otherwise your muscles will eat themselves.

    Stay away from protein shakes and stuff like that.

  17. #17
    JUB Addict Newbie_69's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    1,488


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: protein

    Quote Originally Posted by reggieboi View Post
    besides fish and chicken, what are good protein sources for your muscles.
    casein, egg albumin, & whey. Most of my diet consist of whey, casein and egg albumin. They are convenient and provides your body an anabolic environment. I try to get 1g protein/lb of body weight a day. And serious training. I would say at least 85% of fitness result depends of diet. If not more. So, nutrition is very important. Get your protein enough kid! EVERYDAY
    "Insanity Is Doing The Same Thing Over & Over Again Expecting To Have Different Results."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •