JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

View Poll Results: Whats The Best Britney Spears Album?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • ...baby one more time (1999)

    1 2.56%
  • Oops!...I Did It Again (2000)

    4 10.26%
  • Britney (2001)

    4 10.26%
  • In The Zone (2003)

    12 30.77%
  • The Greatest Hits : My Prerogative (2004)

    2 5.13%
  • B In The Mix : The Remixes (2005)

    0 0%
  • Blackout (2007)

    12 30.77%
  • Circus (2008 )

    7 17.95%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 83 of 88 FirstFirst ... 78828384 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,150 of 4357
  1. #4101
    Fizzy Grant BFizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,432

    Code of Conduct

    Re: X Factor: It's Britney, Bitch!

    Quote Originally Posted by refujiunderground View Post
    but you still need penis.
    That all you got?


  2. #4102
    WTF????? refujiunderground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    10,170
    Blog Entries
    43

    Code of Conduct

    Re: X Factor: It's Britney, Bitch!

    Quote Originally Posted by BFizzle View Post
    That all you got?

    yes because you really do need penis. don't we all. maybe not me now but you most definitely need some dick.
    one thing about the closet/you don't have to hurry/it will be bad tomorrow/so brother, don't you worry

  3. #4103
    Fizzy Grant BFizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,432

    Code of Conduct

    Re: X Factor: It's Britney, Bitch!

    Quote Originally Posted by refujiunderground View Post
    yes because you really do need penis. don't we all. maybe not me now but you most definitely need some dick.
    Sure you don't.


  4. #4104
    Fizzy Grant BFizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,432

    Code of Conduct

    Re: X Factor: It's Britney, Bitch!

    ^ Mmhmm, that's right. Nothing to say, just like I thought. Can't dispute the truth.

  5. #4105
    Booyah! Callum's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Gerstein and Robarts
    Gender
    Male
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    2,710
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: X Factor: It's Britney, Bitch!

    The stuff on television is previously taped and absurdly edited...so, I won't formulate an opinion on her judging ability until the show goes live. Although I am not impressed at the moment as 'amazing' and 'no' are the only words in her vocabulary. Yikes.

    (I do find it funny that the two gals have had total freakin' public meltdowns in recent years. )
    blacksyringe

  6. #4106

    Re: X Factor: It's Britney, Bitch!

    I have to assume these poor, deluded "artists" were set up in order to fail and provide laughs. I also assume Britney was asked to be a bitch, knowing that a lot of people watching would reflect that without her producers she'd be just as bad. This last fact probably occured to her during her shaved head verge of suicide meltdown. Does she remember and reflect on this?

    But what I really want to know is, why has Simon Cowell decided to make v-neck t-shirts his "trademark"? Doesn't he ever look at himself on replay or in the mirror. Is he so fucking egotistical that he can't see how bad he looks? Is there no one around him with the guts or independence to tell him so?
    Last edited by LatimerRd; September 16th, 2012 at 07:29 PM.

  7. #4107
    WTF????? refujiunderground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    10,170
    Blog Entries
    43

    Code of Conduct

    Re: X Factor: It's Britney, Bitch!

    Quote Originally Posted by BFizzle View Post
    Sure you don't.

    trust me. sex is the last thing i need. i don't need to be pentrating anybody, sucking off anybody, getting sucked off from anybody or the last thing that i need to happen to me, to be pentrated. i think you need it way more than i do. i'm cool with just fucking my hand and being a virgin.

    Quote Originally Posted by CupidBoy View Post
    Don't hit on BFizzle!

    it's all good, man. he's all yours. i don't want any problems, man. *moves back with hands up*
    one thing about the closet/you don't have to hurry/it will be bad tomorrow/so brother, don't you worry

  8. #4108

    Re: X Factor: It's Britney, Bitch!

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntneo(PT) View Post
    this is SO freaky, Neo! who is it?
    .

  9. #4109
    Fizzy Grant BFizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,432

    Code of Conduct

    Re: X Factor: It's Britney, Bitch!

    Quote Originally Posted by refujiunderground View Post
    i'm cool with just fucking my hand and being a virgin.



    That says it all, tbh.

  10. #4110
    Booyah! Callum's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Gerstein and Robarts
    Gender
    Male
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    2,710
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: X Factor: It's Britney, Bitch!

    Quote Originally Posted by joswanprince View Post
    Tired of me singing? Britney, are you tone-deaf? Cuz I havent sing at all
    Something in common with Britney!
    blacksyringe

  11. #4111

    Re: X Factor: It's Britney, Bitch!

    Blah blah blah, people keep regurgitating that same ol "Britney cant sing!!! Why is she a judge!!!! THAT dumb cunt!!!!!"

    News flash: The whole definition of "X Factor" is having star power. Britney wasn't deemed the princess of pop for no reason. Out of her, Jessica, Christina, Mandy, and all those other blonde wannabes, Britney is the only one who slayed for an entire decade consistently. She is the definition of being a worldwide music star, whether you think she can sing or not. Anyone can sing, but not anyone can be a music icon.

    Regardless, why do people act like you have to sing to judge singing? I can't hold a note or act very well, but that don't mean I can't spot a crap singer or a wooden actor. At least Britney knows the music industry like her left tit.

    Oh, and if y'all can stop time jumping and judging her for a meltdown she went through and got over nearly 5 years ago, that would be splendid. Cuz everyone knows none of the world's greatest artist haven't had mental breakdowns.

  12. #4112
    Booyah! Callum's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Gerstein and Robarts
    Gender
    Male
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    2,710
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: X Factor: It's Britney, Bitch!

    Britney's success had nothing to do with Britney, darling.
    blacksyringe

  13. #4113
    The gay gargoyle G-Lexington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Denver CO
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    45,861
    Blog Entries
    21

    Code of Conduct

    Re: X Factor: It's Britney, Bitch!

    I really missed the "Britney Spears rules the world, and either you love her or are dying of jealousy because you can't be her" threads. So thanks for reviving.

    But for those saying she can't be judging someone else's singing, I'll just say "Paula Abdul".

    Lex

  14. #4114
    Fizzy Grant BFizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,432

    Code of Conduct

    Re: X Factor: It's Britney, Bitch!

    Quote Originally Posted by WellingLuv View Post
    News flash: The whole definition of "X Factor" is having star power. Britney wasn't deemed the princess of pop for no reason. Out of her, Jessica, Christina, Mandy, and all those other blonde wannabes, Britney is the only one who slayed for an entire decade consistently. She is the definition of being a worldwide music star, whether you think she can sing or not. Anyone can sing, but not anyone can be a music icon.
    Bless the profit.

  15. #4115
    The gay gargoyle G-Lexington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Denver CO
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    45,861
    Blog Entries
    21

    Code of Conduct

    Re: X Factor: It's Britney, Bitch!

    Profit is one thing that Britney Spears could provide. For awhile, anyway.

    Lex

  16. #4116
    WTF????? refujiunderground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    10,170
    Blog Entries
    43

    Code of Conduct

    Re: X Factor: It's Britney, Bitch!

    Quote Originally Posted by G-Lexington View Post
    I really missed the "Britney Spears rules the world, and either you love her or are dying of jealousy because you can't be her" threads. So thanks for reviving.

    But for those saying she can't be judging someone else's singing, I'll just say "Paula Abdul".

    Lex
    "paula abdul judging a singing contest is like christopher reeves judging a dance contest. it ain't right."
    one thing about the closet/you don't have to hurry/it will be bad tomorrow/so brother, don't you worry

  17. #4117
    The gay gargoyle G-Lexington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Denver CO
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    45,861
    Blog Entries
    21

    Code of Conduct

    Re: X Factor: It's Britney, Bitch!

    One might argue that X Factor isn't looking for "singing ability", really. I mean, it's right there in the title. They want the "X factor" - the indescribable je-ne-sais-quoi thta elevates a standard performer from "good" to "great". Where they don't necessarily have to be all that talented, or perform all that spectacularly...but people still find themselves drawn to them in any event.

    That said, even if one would argue that Brit-Brit IS one of these uber-artists (I personally don't think so), you still have argue that somebody who HAS X factor is the best judge of somebody else's X factor. And I hardly think that's the case.

    Britney's there to put eyes on the screen. Beginning, middle, end.

    Lex

  18. #4118
    JUB Addict Stoowii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Houston
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,859
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: X Factor: It's Britney, Bitch!

    Quote Originally Posted by WellingLuv View Post
    Cuz everyone knows none of the world's greatest artist haven't had mental breakdowns.

  19. #4119
    JUB Addict miaedu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Miami
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    15,467

    Code of Conduct

    Re: X Factor: It's Britney, Bitch!

    'X Factor' Premiere Ratings Drop 25 Percent, 'The Voice' Tops

    One night may not be big enough for two singing competitions. With NBC adding an episode of "The Voice" to this Wednesday, up against the sophomore season premiere of Fox's "The X Factor," both series saw double-digit drops from their most recent outings.

    "The X Factor's" two-hour premiere averaged a 3.3 rating among adults 18-49 last night, according to fast affiliate ratings. That's a 25 percent drop from last year's series premiere, though a smaller drop from the December finale (3.8 adults rating.) In total viewers, "X Factor" averaged 8.5 million viewers.


    Head-to-head competition with the 8 p.m. hour of "X Factor" gave "The Voice" a victory. Though the 3.3 adults rating matches "X Factor's" total haul, the Fox show only pulled a 2.7 adults rating in direct competition with "The Voice." (In its second hour, "X Factor" grew 40 percent.) In total viewers, "The Voice" pulled in 10.7 million.

    "America's Got Talent," entering its home stretch, pulled a 2.9 rating among adults 18-49. For the night, NBC pulled in a 2.7 rating with 18-49-ers and a dominant 8.9 million viewers.

    Latest Music News, Band, Artist, Musician & Music Video News | Billboard.com

  20. #4120
    WTF????? refujiunderground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    10,170
    Blog Entries
    43

    Code of Conduct

    Re: X Factor: It's Britney, Bitch!

    Quote Originally Posted by miaedu View Post
    'X Factor' Premiere Ratings Drop 25 Percent, 'The Voice' Tops

    One night may not be big enough for two singing competitions. With NBC adding an episode of "The Voice" to this Wednesday, up against the sophomore season premiere of Fox's "The X Factor," both series saw double-digit drops from their most recent outings.

    "The X Factor's" two-hour premiere averaged a 3.3 rating among adults 18-49 last night, according to fast affiliate ratings. That's a 25 percent drop from last year's series premiere, though a smaller drop from the December finale (3.8 adults rating.) In total viewers, "X Factor" averaged 8.5 million viewers.


    Head-to-head competition with the 8 p.m. hour of "X Factor" gave "The Voice" a victory. Though the 3.3 adults rating matches "X Factor's" total haul, the Fox show only pulled a 2.7 adults rating in direct competition with "The Voice." (In its second hour, "X Factor" grew 40 percent.) In total viewers, "The Voice" pulled in 10.7 million.

    "America's Got Talent," entering its home stretch, pulled a 2.9 rating among adults 18-49. For the night, NBC pulled in a 2.7 rating with 18-49-ers and a dominant 8.9 million viewers.

    Latest Music News, Band, Artist, Musician & Music Video News | Billboard.com
    they just need to just pull the plug to these weak talent shows. youtube took over.

    another thing speaking of bad singers. i've been meaning to say this for the longest time.

    ADAM LEVINE HAS NO BUSINESS TRYING TO JUDGE SINGING TALENT. he does NOT belong on the voice. dude's voice is . that guy has gotten a pass for a good while for his bad singing. for someone who looks like he's ready to stomp somebody out, looking extra dangerous and threatening in pictures, his singing voice does NOT match his appearance.

    and the message behind the "she will be loved" song was pathetic too. you can't save someone that doesn't want to be saved.
    one thing about the closet/you don't have to hurry/it will be bad tomorrow/so brother, don't you worry

  21. #4121
    Booyah! Callum's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Gerstein and Robarts
    Gender
    Male
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    2,710
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Official BRITNEY SPEARS Discussion Thread!

    ^^ Britney's not 'bad' though. She's just extremely manufactured, which is annoying because it blurs the industry between talent and moulding.

    She's also not incredibly relevant, which is unfortunate because The X Factor needs a non-Disney star (aka not Demi) and a has-been (Britney). It needs someone that's currently dominating charts. Sadly, people that are relevant won't take these judging positions because they can't tour, promote etc. Which is what I'm somewhat surprised Nicki Minaj did but whatever...And when non-relevant people (like J Lo and Steven Tyler) take these positions, they're relevant again because they're on broadcast television.

    People still listen and buy/chart Britney's shit because they're nostalgic. Kind of like Madonna, who in my opinion hasn't had a really good album since Ray of Light. Britney's last great album was Blackout, and even then it was all the production behind it (and NOT Martin/Luke). It's an under-appreciated album that was the spark that lit the proverbial euro/electropop dance craze we have at the moment in North America. Yeah, I'm blaming her for the last half decade of pop music. Five fuckin' years ago...but who's counting?

    Thank God some modern talents have the sense to stay the Hell away from Britney's production team. Hopefully Adele, Lady Gaga and Sia don't get involved...we've already lost Rihanna, Katy Perry, Kelly Clarkson, Avril Lavigne and Kesha to them. Just lost the legendary Christina Aguilera to the Martin/Shellback/Luke rogue gallery. Yowzers!

    But meh, it's not like I'm a Britney stan or anything, especially to other artists I like from her era (Timberlake/Aguilera etc.). I like maybe five of her songs across all of her albums. Toy Soldier, Ooh Ooh Baby, Toxic are the first that come to mind.

    Perhaps I only care a tiny bit about her these days because she named one of her tours after an Edgar Allan Poe poem.
    blacksyringe

  22. #4122
    Fizzy Grant BFizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,432

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Official BRITNEY SPEARS Discussion Thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by -Callum- View Post
    But meh, it's not like I'm a Britney stan or anything, especially to other artists I like from her era (Timberlake/Aguilera etc.).
    Boy bye.


  23. #4123
    Booyah! Callum's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Gerstein and Robarts
    Gender
    Male
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    2,710
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Official BRITNEY SPEARS Discussion Thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntneo(PT) View Post
    nevermind.

    there's always the "unsubscribe" button. lol
    Why? I subscribe to threads like this to see how crazy disillusioned people actually compare Britney to someone with legit talent like Aguilera.
    blacksyringe

  24. #4124
    Already Gone BreakTheIce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,518

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Official BRITNEY SPEARS Discussion Thread!

    Talent isn't all you need to succeed though. Nobody with functional ears would say that Britney can out sing Christina, because she never could. However, Britney is the better artist. She has more star power. I think part of being a successful artist is making the kind of music that can appeal to a target audience. Britney did that WAY better than Christina did and had way more success in the earlier parts of her career than Christina. Christina was pretty much always in Britney's shadow.

    Even now, Britney is getting paid more on her first season of X Factor than Christina is getting paid on her third season. Christina's last album didn't do as well as Britney's and I think the last time Christina hit #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 with a song as a solo artist was like what, over 10 years ago?

    But yes, a good voice gets you nowhere these days. If it did, just about anyone coming off these reality singing competitions would be a major star, but the overwhelming majority of them just fizzle out.

    Haven't heard Christina's new single but I hope her upcoming album is like Back to Basics. She also for some reason gets heavily compared to Lady GaGa these days, which I will never understand why.

  25. #4125
    WTF????? refujiunderground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    10,170
    Blog Entries
    43

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Official BRITNEY SPEARS Discussion Thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by -Callum- View Post
    ^^ Britney's not 'bad' though. She's just extremely manufactured, which is annoying because it blurs the industry between talent and moulding.

    She's also not incredibly relevant, which is unfortunate because The X Factor needs a non-Disney star (aka not Demi) and a has-been (Britney). It needs someone that's currently dominating charts. Sadly, people that are relevant won't take these judging positions because they can't tour, promote etc. Which is what I'm somewhat surprised Nicki Minaj did but whatever...And when non-relevant people (like J Lo and Steven Tyler) take these positions, they're relevant again because they're on broadcast television.

    People still listen and buy/chart Britney's shit because they're nostalgic. Kind of like Madonna, who in my opinion hasn't had a really good album since Ray of Light. Britney's last great album was Blackout, and even then it was all the production behind it (and NOT Martin/Luke). It's an under-appreciated album that was the spark that lit the proverbial euro/electropop dance craze we have at the moment in North America. Yeah, I'm blaming her for the last half decade of pop music. Five fuckin' years ago...but who's counting?

    Thank God some modern talents have the sense to stay the Hell away from Britney's production team. Hopefully Adele, Lady Gaga and Sia don't get involved...we've already lost Rihanna, Katy Perry, Kelly Clarkson, Avril Lavigne and Kesha to them. Just lost the legendary Christina Aguilera to the Martin/Shellback/Luke rogue gallery. Yowzers!

    But meh, it's not like I'm a Britney stan or anything, especially to other artists I like from her era (Timberlake/Aguilera etc.). I like maybe five of her songs across all of her albums. Toy Soldier, Ooh Ooh Baby, Toxic are the first that come to mind.

    Perhaps I only care a tiny bit about her these days because she named one of her tours after an Edgar Allan Poe poem.
    no, britney spears can't sing. that's that. even if she was singing over a good beat or a catchy song, she doesn't have the vocals. even if her voice was computerized, she would still sound horrible. she doesn't have the voice. you are not going to be able to convince me otherwise with that.

    the only reason why she got huge was because she was shoved down people's throats by the record companies tossing money to these radio stations and tv stations to play her record or music video 20 or 30 times in a row basically brainwashing people to like her horrible music. of course when you hear a song every where you go 24/7, you will eventually start to like it. there's a few artists that can actually sell records off the strength of their music without mtv or whatever radio station's help. britney spears isn't one of those people. proof that ANYBODY could be a star. you don't even have to be shit. you just give the illusion that so and so is special and people will BELIEVE that they are special even if they aren't shit. it's really scary when you think about it. look @ what happened with the kony 2012 disaster this year. people like sheep jumped to a cause that they had NO idea about. when you think about it, over time, people have become zombies almost with music artists and it's gotten to the point where people look down on you if you don't like a certain artist as if you have to like them.


    i think it says a lot about someone if they basically need to look at other people's opinions before they say they say they like or dislike an artist's music. it reminds me of how in 2002 when the whole world was loving ja rule and his half assed music, singing his songs, and even talking about "ja rule has singing talent". suddenly, in 2003, when 50 cent starts shining, is all over the tv, dissing ja rule, everybody becomes a 50 cent fan and is dissing ja rule acting like they weren't singing his songs a year ago. then they try to talk about how they were never ja rule fans or had his cd. wtf?
    one thing about the closet/you don't have to hurry/it will be bad tomorrow/so brother, don't you worry

  26. #4126
    WTF????? refujiunderground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    10,170
    Blog Entries
    43

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Official BRITNEY SPEARS Discussion Thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by BreakTheIce View Post
    Talent isn't all you need to succeed though. Nobody with functional ears would say that Britney can out sing Christina, because she never could. However, Britney is the better artist. She has more star power. I think part of being a successful artist is making the kind of music that can appeal to a target audience. Britney did that WAY better than Christina did and had way more success in the earlier parts of her career than Christina. Christina was pretty much always in Britney's shadow.

    Even now, Britney is getting paid more on her first season of X Factor than Christina is getting paid on her third season. Christina's last album didn't do as well as Britney's and I think the last time Christina hit #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 with a song as a solo artist was like what, over 10 years ago?

    But yes, a good voice gets you nowhere these days. If it did, just about anyone coming off these reality singing competitions would be a major star, but the overwhelming majority of them just fizzle out.

    Haven't heard Christina's new single but I hope her upcoming album is like Back to Basics. She also for some reason gets heavily compared to Lady GaGa these days, which I will never understand why.
    bullshit. she never had star power. she has people telling her what to do from what to dress, how to carry herself, and etc. she's basically a robot.

    and of course, christina aguliera isn't going to be able to compete with britney spears when britney spears already was out 3 years before her especially when she first debut doing the same tired gimmick that britney spears flew out the gate with earlier. she was unfairly dismissed as another britney spears.

    but the bright side is that when you don't have the talent, it eventually shows where your time in the music industry just starts to fade out. britney spears no longer has a music career. she's done. christina aguliera still has a career even if she's not able to sell records like that. people know she has talent. people know britney spears is yesterday news and can't sing. nobody is trying to hear another britney spears record. NO ONE.
    one thing about the closet/you don't have to hurry/it will be bad tomorrow/so brother, don't you worry

  27. #4127
    Booyah! Callum's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Gerstein and Robarts
    Gender
    Male
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    2,710
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Official BRITNEY SPEARS Discussion Thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by BreakTheIce View Post
    Talent isn't all you need to succeed though. Nobody with functional ears would say that Britney can out sing Christina, because she never could. However, Britney is the better artist. She has more star power. I think part of being a successful artist is making the kind of music that can appeal to a target audience. Britney did that WAY better than Christina did and had way more success in the earlier parts of her career than Christina. Christina was pretty much always in Britney's shadow.

    Even now, Britney is getting paid more on her first season of X Factor than Christina is getting paid on her third season. Christina's last album didn't do as well as Britney's and I think the last time Christina hit #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 with a song as a solo artist was like what, over 10 years ago?

    But yes, a good voice gets you nowhere these days. If it did, just about anyone coming off these reality singing competitions would be a major star, but the overwhelming majority of them just fizzle out.

    Haven't heard Christina's new single but I hope her upcoming album is like Back to Basics. She also for some reason gets heavily compared to Lady GaGa these days, which I will never understand why.
    Christina's new track is like 99% of every other song on mainstream radio at the moment. Only difference is her voice, naturally. You're not missing much. Bionic bombed because it was riddled with tracks that were not mainstream friendly. It also lacked significant cohesion. In addition, the best tracks were actually on the deluxe edition of the album and not the standard edition. Management totally fucked Christina on promoting that album (although it was quite good).

    Oh, how could I forget...we also have Britney to blame for introducing the mini/faux-dubstep crap that is now plaguing us since Hold It Against Me!



    Quote Originally Posted by refujiunderground View Post
    i think it says a lot about someone if they basically need to look at other people's opinions before they say they say they like or dislike an artist's music. it reminds me of how in 2002 when the whole world was loving ja rule and his half assed music, singing his songs, and even talking about "ja rule has singing talent". suddenly, in 2003, when 50 cent starts shining, is all over the tv, dissing ja rule, everybody becomes a 50 cent fan and is dissing ja rule acting like they weren't singing his songs a year ago. then they try to talk about how they were never ja rule fans or had his cd. wtf?
    Men don't have the added star power (ex. massive sex objectification) that women do though...but that's another discussion to itself. I think Ja Rule is in jail or some shit. With T.I. or someone.
    blacksyringe

  28. #4128
    Fizzy Grant BFizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,432

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Official BRITNEY SPEARS Discussion Thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by BreakTheIce View Post
    Even now, Britney is getting paid more on her first season of X Factor than Christina is getting paid on her third season. Christina's last album didn't do as well as Britney's and I think the last time Christina hit #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 with a song as a solo artist was like what, over 10 years ago?
    Drag them through the facts, BTI.


  29. #4129

    Re: The Official BRITNEY SPEARS Discussion Thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by WellingLuv View Post
    News flash: The whole definition of "X Factor" is having star power. Britney wasn't deemed the princess of pop for no reason. Out of her, Jessica, Christina, Mandy, and all those other blonde wannabes, Britney is the only one who slayed for an entire decade consistently. She is the definition of being a worldwide music star, whether you think she can sing or not. Anyone can sing, but not anyone can be a music icon.
    .
    All Worship at the altar of Godney!

    Quote Originally Posted by BreakTheIce View Post

    Even now, Britney is getting paid more on her first season of X Factor than Christina is getting paid on her third season. Christina's last album didn't do as well as Britney's and I think the last time Christina hit #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 with a song as a solo artist was like what, over 10 years ago?


    Haven't heard Christina's new single but I hope her upcoming album is like Back to Basics. She also for some reason gets heavily compared to Lady GaGa these days, which I will never understand why.

    I hope that changes with her new single!!!
    I dont think so Xtina is 100x better than that troll.I fucking love Xtinas voice...Its pure magic
    Quote Originally Posted by BFizzle View Post
    Drag them through the facts, BTI.

    LOL I luv it

  30. #4130
    Already Gone BreakTheIce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,518

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Official BRITNEY SPEARS Discussion Thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by refujiunderground View Post
    bullshit. she never had star power. she has people telling her what to do from what to dress, how to carry herself, and etc. she's basically a robot.

    and of course, christina aguliera isn't going to be able to compete with britney spears when britney spears already was out 3 years before her especially when she first debut doing the same tired gimmick that britney spears flew out the gate with earlier. she was unfairly dismissed as another britney spears.

    but the bright side is that when you don't have the talent, it eventually shows where your time in the music industry just starts to fade out. britney spears no longer has a music career. she's done. christina aguliera still has a career even if she's not able to sell records like that. people know she has talent. people know britney spears is yesterday news and can't sing. nobody is trying to hear another britney spears record. NO ONE.
    She does have star power. Everytime she makes a TV appearance it usually generates a lot of buzz. Her stint of Glee got the series a major ratings boost, when she showed up on X Factor (UK) the series had a new records of viewership as well.

    As for nobody trying to hear another Britney record, that's not true as well IMO. Three of the four singles of Femme Fatale reached the top 10 of the Hot 100 (one of them #1). The album itself debuted at #1 and outsold Christina's Bionic in its first 2 weeks on the chart. Her last tour grossed over $68 million, and prior to that The Circus Starring Britney Spears grossed over $138 million, which was better than Christina's Back to Basics Tour ($90 million).

    Britney has also pushed more record sales than Christina. Also they both released their debuts in 1999, not 3 years apart. If record companies paying people to generate sales would actually work, ALL record companies would be doing it. It doesn't work that way. Record companies need to pay television and radio to play their artist's music. They also have to invest in the artist's music videos, etc. They will only continue to pay TV and Radio to play their artist's music if they see that the public responds by buying the artist's CD. If not they stop otherwise it's basically like cutting off your own limb and losing money for nothing. This is why after a set period of time record labels stop pushing their artist's work on radio and TV. It doesn't generate money for them anymore. Christina would also have been a nobody without the help of MTV and radio stations and actually had better singles than Britney in the earlier part of her career, but her CD sales were lower.

    It takes someone who the public REALLY likes to be able to successfully sell CDs. Just look at pop music today. Rihanna and Katy Perry sell the shit out of singles. They can't ever push as many CDs as Adele can. Adele's 21 outsold ALL of Rihanna's CDs combined in the US. This has nothing to do with her label paying radio stations to play her music. She's pretty much out of the top 40 on the Hot 100 now and is not promoting any single, and still her album is still doing amazing. It was pretty much the same back when Christina and Britney were new to the pop scene.

    Don't get me wrong I like some of Christina's work and actually like more of her songs than Britney's but Britney is way more of a star than Christina will ever be. Like Sal Cinquemani of Slant Magazine one said, "The disparity between Aguilera and Spears can't be measured solely by the timbre and octave range of their voices ... Aguilera's popularity has never reached the fever pitch of Britney's."

  31. #4131
    Already Gone BreakTheIce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,518

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Official BRITNEY SPEARS Discussion Thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by -Callum- View Post
    Christina's new track is like 99% of every other song on mainstream radio at the moment. Only difference is her voice, naturally. You're not missing much.

  32. #4132
    JUB Addict innocentbychoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,938

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Official BRITNEY SPEARS Discussion Thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by BreakTheIce View Post
    Talent isn't all you need to succeed though. Nobody with functional ears would say that Britney can out sing Christina, because she never could. However, Britney is the better artist. She has more star power. I think part of being a successful artist is making the kind of music that can appeal to a target audience. Britney did that WAY better than Christina did and had way more success in the earlier parts of her career than Christina. Christina was pretty much always in Britney's shadow.
    So you are saying that a better artist is someone with star power who knows what kind of art to make to appeal to most of the people. Are you crazy??? A real artist express themselves through their art without giving a shit about what anyone thinks, when art is contaminated by everyone else's opinion about it and is based on everyone else's opinion but the artist's then it's no longer art, it's no longer natural or inspirational. It turns into BUSINESS. So if you're saying that Britney is a better business woman because she knows what kind of music is played in the clubs and what kind of music is easier for people to hear then I'll say you're right. But a better artist? HELL NO. Britney is not an artist, she's a product.

  33. #4133
    JUB Addict innocentbychoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,938

    Code of Conduct

    Re: X Factor: It's Britney, Bitch!

    Quote Originally Posted by WellingLuv View Post
    News flash: The whole definition of "X Factor" is having star power. Britney wasn't deemed the princess of pop for no reason. Out of her, Jessica, Christina, Mandy, and all those other blonde wannabes, Britney is the only one who slayed for an entire decade consistently. She is the definition of being a worldwide music star, whether you think she can sing or not. Anyone can sing, but not anyone can be a music icon.
    Oh Gawd. I like Christina and Britney but the hardcore Briney fans just say the craziest things. Anyone can sing? Then how come Britney CAN'T sing at all? The fact that she has a great production team behind her doesn't mean she can sing. If what you mean is that anyone can have a record then I totally agree with you. And not everyone can be a music icon that's completely true, but don't think for a second that Britney being an icon (don't really know if she would be consider one by people outside her fanbase) has everything to do with her. Not at all...It has to do with having a great record company, a great strategy and a great management. As I said in my previous post, she's a product and a great one; to this day she's still relevant even though she went bat-shit crazy, became a robot with a really bad weave and she can't even put half a show she did 10 years ago. But people still lover her. So good job team Britney.

  34. #4134
    JUB Addict innocentbychoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,938

    Code of Conduct

    Re: X Factor: It's Britney, Bitch!

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntneo(PT) View Post
    LMAO Britney judging people on their singing talent.



    Bitch, please.

    ...and the only reason she would be "mean" is because she's jealous that some of the contestants can outsing her ass.
    I'm waiting for the day this happens to Britney not Demi LOL (so sad that everyone can say that about half the judges in that table):


  35. #4135
    Already Gone BreakTheIce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,518

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Official BRITNEY SPEARS Discussion Thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbychoice View Post
    So you are saying that a better artist is someone with star power who knows what kind of art to make to appeal to most of the people. Are you crazy??? A real artist express themselves through their art without giving a shit about what anyone thinks, when art is contaminated by everyone else's opinion about it and is based on everyone else's opinion but the artist's then it's no longer art, it's no longer natural or inspirational. It turns into BUSINESS. So if you're saying that Britney is a better business woman because she knows what kind of music is played in the clubs and what kind of music is easier for people to hear then I'll say you're right. But a better artist? HELL NO. Britney is not an artist, she's a product.
    Bitch let's get real here

    If you're part of a record company, it's fair to say that you're a manufactured product. This applies to everyone (and in this case to Christina too). You're a product and you're selling a product. It doesn't mean that you're not talented and that you don't make creative and business decisions about what you will and won't do and where you want to go. Britney did everything in the past better than Christina did as far as achieving more commercial success. Their sales numbers do not lie. End of story.

    Christina is just as manufactured as Britney. And I actually prefer Christina's songs over Britney's, but I'm just giving Britney credit where credit is due. Christina can meanwhile use her octaves to wail about never selling a million copies of an album in a single week in just one country.

  36. #4136

    Re: X Factor: It's Britney, Bitch!

    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbychoice View Post
    I'm waiting for the day this happens to Britney not Demi LOL (so sad that everyone can say that about half the judges in that table):

    Except that comment was irrelevant due to the fact that chump couldn't sing worth a damn and Demi does not need autotune at all to sound good. Any one who has heard her sing live knows how powerful her voice is.

  37. #4137
    Booyah! Callum's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Gerstein and Robarts
    Gender
    Male
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    2,710
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Official BRITNEY SPEARS Discussion Thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by BreakTheIce View Post
    Christina is just as manufactured as Britney. And I actually prefer Christina's songs over Britney's, but I'm just giving Britney credit where credit is due. Christina can meanwhile use her octaves to wail about never selling a million copies of an album in a single week in just one country.
    So? Britney can keep her 'record breaking'. People with ears know Christina has talent. So, your point is irrelevant.

    Amusingly, in the above clip, Britney was more offended than Demi was. Speaks volumes...
    blacksyringe

  38. #4138
    Sex God Gemini_Valley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    511

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Official BRITNEY SPEARS Discussion Thread!

    Wow... I thought stan wars were a thing of the past especially for those over 18. Guess not. Granted, I haven't read thru all of the posts but both sides are coming off incredibly stupid with nothing new being expressed at all. The same tired arguments from 10+ years ago -- "OMG, Britney sells more!!!/Christina is a real artist!!@@#$#@!" -- and the end result is always the same. Both will continue to be bigger then the people that dislike them. I also love the irony: Britney & Christina have actually been very supportive of one another via the press lately yet fans remain adamant on just one being the victor.


  39. #4139
    Already Gone BreakTheIce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,518

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Official BRITNEY SPEARS Discussion Thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by -Callum- View Post
    So? Britney can keep her 'record breaking'. People with ears know Christina has talent. So, your point is irrelevant.

    Amusingly, in the above clip, Britney was more offended than Demi was. Speaks volumes...
    Nobody cares. Look at the season 1 winner of X Factor. Nobody even knows who she is. And she could probably sing better than the stuff we have on radio these days. Yes she has talent. But too bad she has nothing else.

    Part of your job as an artist is keeping the audience interested in you all the time. Britney did and still does that WAY better than Christina. If all it took was talent, everybody coming off these talent shows would still have a career. Sadly most of them don't.

    In one way you could also say it's amazing that Britney was able to use her limited vocal skill set and still set a record of being the best selling teenage artist (under 20) ever, a record that still stands. Also, in the earlier parts of her career Britney never used auto tune. Auto tune's first big use was in 1999 on Cher's single "Believe". At the time it wasn't even called auto tune. Britney's career had just started then. Her biggest selling albums don't utilize auto tune. Her first album that uses auto tune is Blackout.

  40. #4140
    Sex God Mr-Pickles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    859

    Code of Conduct

    Re: X Factor: It's Britney, Bitch!

    Quote Originally Posted by miaedu View Post
    'X Factor' Premiere Ratings Drop 25 Percent, 'The Voice' Tops

    One night may not be big enough for two singing competitions. With NBC adding an episode of "The Voice" to this Wednesday, up against the sophomore season premiere of Fox's "The X Factor," both series saw double-digit drops from their most recent outings.

    "The X Factor's" two-hour premiere averaged a 3.3 rating among adults 18-49 last night, according to fast affiliate ratings. That's a 25 percent drop from last year's series premiere, though a smaller drop from the December finale (3.8 adults rating.) In total viewers, "X Factor" averaged 8.5 million viewers.


    Head-to-head competition with the 8 p.m. hour of "X Factor" gave "The Voice" a victory. Though the 3.3 adults rating matches "X Factor's" total haul, the Fox show only pulled a 2.7 adults rating in direct competition with "The Voice." (In its second hour, "X Factor" grew 40 percent.) In total viewers, "The Voice" pulled in 10.7 million.

    "America's Got Talent," entering its home stretch, pulled a 2.9 rating among adults 18-49. For the night, NBC pulled in a 2.7 rating with 18-49-ers and a dominant 8.9 million viewers.

    Latest Music News, Band, Artist, Musician & Music Video News | Billboard.com
    The rating system is beyond flawed though.


    "This is how Nielsen estimates it's rating for the USA

    1) Nielsen has sent out Rating Recievers to 25k households in the USA (out of nearly 118 million households). Only these 25k households are part of the Nielsen sample and only their views count towards TV RATING estimates. So it means nothing if you watch the X Factor or not, since your views do not count at all.

    2) Let's say that out of those 25k, only 2000 watched The Voice, that means 2/25 or 8% of those households watched it. That fraction is then used to estimate how many people watched The Voice as a whole in the USA. So 8% x 118mill = 9.44 million households estimated to be watching.

    WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?

    1) Basic statistics teach that if you ever want to estimate an entire population as a whole, your sample population must be at least over 5% of the whole population. Nielsen sample population is less than 0%, 0.0021186% actually. That's only 1/5 of 0... so Neilsen should not be recording only 25k for it's viewership and ratings estimates; they should be recording viewership for over 5.990 million households in the USA.

    2) According to standard statistics protocol, if 5% or more of a sample population is not used in an estimate to generalize the whole population, they are automatically FALSE, the study is FLAWED, and is ultimately unreliable and cannot be trusted.

    3) There can also be VIEWERSHIP BIAS, since the entirety of the sample population is well aware of the fact they are part of the Nielsen sample.

    4) The SAMPLE population according to basic statistical theory, must be a RANDOM SAMPLE of the whole population. You cannot pick and choose who gets sampled, as the study can be flawed because your sample population does not look anything like the whole population.


    So basically, do not trust the Nielsen ratings at all. No one trusts them. Even TV executives are aware of how inaccurate and unreliable Nielsen is at estimating ratings. That is why they are pushing for a better rating system, which will hopefully come to light soon. X Factor likely got more viewers than The Voice, the social rankings of X Factor help to suggest that. "



    In addition.

    "The X Factor season two premiere Wednesday night ignited 1.4 million comments from viewers on Twitter and Facebook, making it the most talked about premiere for a series ever."

    That's more comments than rating receivers.

    all I wanna see you in is just
    S K I N

  41. #4141
    Sex God Mr-Pickles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    859

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Official BRITNEY SPEARS Discussion Thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntneo(PT) View Post
    Yes--I think we all know that Brit Brit is more "popular", "successful", and "commercially viable" than Aguilera.

    But to make it clear, I was never here to discuss numbers. I was/am talking about Spears' voice (or lack thereof). And say what you will about finding star power, blah blah blah... she IS there to tell (some of) the contestants if they have the singing chops to make it or not. Again...pure comedy.

    I can understand if she was a mentor for 'stage presence', etc. but no...she's a JUDGE for what is essentially a singing competition. LOL still
    It's not strictly a "singing competition" though. I'd understand your criticism if she was a judge on "The Voice", which is all about the voice. The X Factor is quite obviously about the whole package- singing, stage presence, likability, their 'look', ability to captivate etc.

    With her success within the industry over the past 14 years, I think she has every right to be a judge on the show- despite maybe not having power-house vocals.
    all I wanna see you in is just
    S K I N

  42. #4142
    Booyah! Callum's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Gerstein and Robarts
    Gender
    Male
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    2,710
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Official BRITNEY SPEARS Discussion Thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by BreakTheIce View Post
    Nobody cares. Look at the season 1 winner of X Factor. Nobody even knows who she is. And she could probably sing better than the stuff we have on radio these days. Yes she has talent. But too bad she has nothing else.

    Part of your job as an artist is keeping the audience interested in you all the time. Britney did and still does that WAY better than Christina. If all it took was talent, everybody coming off these talent shows would still have a career. Sadly most of them don't.

    In one way you could also say it's amazing that Britney was able to use her limited vocal skill set and still set a record of being the best selling teenage artist (under 20) ever, a record that still stands. Also, in the earlier parts of her career Britney never used auto tune. Auto tune's first big use was in 1999 on Cher's single "Believe". At the time it wasn't even called auto tune. Britney's career had just started then. Her biggest selling albums don't utilize auto tune. Her first album that uses auto tune is Blackout.
    Melanie Amaro can't be marketed for a few reasons, namely being she's not Hollywood pretty. You don't need a voice to sing anymore. Look at Britney, who is, naturally, the topic at hand. She also doesn't have a single for mainstream radio. So, jury is out on her.

    You are obviously blurring artistry with production. Britney does not deserve credit, especially as of late. Her handlers do as they do it so flawlessly. Her life has been tailored down to who she can even fucking hug, for God's sake. She can't even accept flowers without permission. Do you even realize how utterly sad that is? The woman is a robot now used to generate revenue off. And no one can argue any different because it's blatantly obvious just looking at her. The only remotely human thing she has done on The X Factor so far is when she chastised that one old guy for the Auto-Tune comment (as she was clearly deeply offended).
    blacksyringe

  43. #4143
    Sex God Mr-Pickles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    859

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Official BRITNEY SPEARS Discussion Thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by -Callum- View Post
    Melanie Amaro can't be marketed for a few reasons, namely being she's not Hollywood pretty. You don't need a voice to sing anymore. Look at Britney, who is, naturally, the topic at hand. She also doesn't have a single for mainstream radio. So, jury is out on her.

    You are obviously blurring artistry with production. Britney does not deserve credit, especially as of late. Her handlers do as they do it so flawlessly. Her life has been tailored down to who she can even fucking hug, for God's sake. She can't even accept flowers without permission. Do you even realize how utterly sad that is? The woman is a robot now used to generate revenue off. And no one can argue any different because it's blatantly obvious just looking at her. The only remotely human thing she has done on The X Factor so far is when she chastised that one old guy for the Auto-Tune comment (as she was clearly deeply offended).
    Britney has no music out at the moment, but her last album and lead single went straight to number one in most countries. So I don't get your first point.


    I agree she is awkward with basic social communication, but I wouldn't say a robot. I think she's uncomfortable with being treated like this huge "icon", so when people treat her like that she becomes awkward. She's also very shy and humble. It has only been 5 years since she had a breakdown, so I think some of this behaviour should be excused. Regarding the flowers, Britney did thank the guy for them- but it was edited out, to either make him look stranger or for time (there's full audition footage on youtube, unless FOX have removed it now). Britney contributes to the sound of her music and the visuals of her artistry, she came up with the idea for most of her big videos. So I don't think she's a commerce-cow; she's just a different kind of artist. She likes to sing, dance and entertain, she's maintained a career from doing that for 14 years. I don't think it's that ~deep~.

    I get that you have your opinions and I doubt either of our views will change :P
    all I wanna see you in is just
    S K I N

  44. #4144
    Already Gone BreakTheIce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,518

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Official BRITNEY SPEARS Discussion Thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by -Callum- View Post
    You are obviously blurring artistry with production.
    I'm not. You don't have your facts straight. Britney has very much been in charge of her artistic direction throughout her career, right from ... Baby One More Time. The original idea for its video was to be a cartoon theme, Britney changed this on her own. She came up with the idea for shooting the video in a school and having dance in the video. The original outfit she was supposed to wear in the same video was to be jeans and a T-shirt. Again, Britney decided to go with the schoolgirl outfit. Knotting up the shirt for her iconic look? Also HER idea. The resulting iconic video was basically HER doing. She has been very much in charge of her artistic choices throughout her career. The snake around her neck for the VMA performance was also her own idea. There have been so many countless things in her career which are purely her doing. She's not some robot following orders. So she does deserve credit where credit is due.

    And Melanie Amaro isn't the only one from a reality singing competition who just fizzled out. I don't even know who won the last 3 seasons of American Idol because never heard anything from them. Still have *no* idea who the winners of The Voice are, never heard them on radio.

    There is a lot of auto tune and vocal editing done to tracks these days, but back when Britney was still new to the business she got by without these.

    As for hugging, flowers, etc. do not believe everything you see on reality TV, they edit out parts to entice viewers, etc. We're discussing if she has any business judging the X Factor and mentoring the contestants. And she absolutely does in my opinion. She may not have the best voice in the business but she knows everything about how the music business works, what it takes to succeed, and how to put on a great show.

    Reality TV is partly bullshit anyways. Just an example, last season on The Voice some guy auditioned who was with Christina on the Mickey Mouse Club. She didn't recognize him during his audition. Audition ends and all you see is Christina go "omg I used to be with him on the Mickey Mouse Club!" The viewer at home would believe she remembered it just then. What actually happened was the producers and staff told her who she was before she said that. Come show edit time they removed that. So everybody thinks that she remembered by some miracle when she actually did not.

    Britney has pretty much immortalized herself in the music business like Madonna. From now on everything she does will guarantee #1s all over the place. Her last album and its lead single went #1 in so many countries all around the world and she never even had to sit on some show to pimp her CD out. And she topped that off with a tour pulling in even more money. Christina's last CD was just an utter disaster, so much so that she and her label decided to not even promote it with any touring whatsoever. In fact it did worse than all of Britney's last THREE releases (including Blackout which was released at a time when Britney had done ZERO promotion for the CD herself). This just proves that Britney has staying power and longevity in her business.

    Again, I like more of Christina's music than Britney's (some of the tracks on Back to Basics are F-ing EPIC), but I think some people in this thread are being unfair to Britney and not giving credit where credit is due.

  45. #4145
    Booyah! Callum's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Gerstein and Robarts
    Gender
    Male
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    2,710
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Official BRITNEY SPEARS Discussion Thread!

    Oh, no...the whole shirt-tied-up look from BOMT was directly lifted from Shania Twain, who originated the look. 120% sure Britney even admitted to that.

    I don't dislike Britney. I just don't understand how someone can't admit she isn't completely manufactured. I love Lady Gaga (a fan)...but I'll be the first to admit she's a marketing gimmick and mostly an act designed in a record company's boardroom.
    blacksyringe

  46. #4146
    Already Gone BreakTheIce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,518

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Official BRITNEY SPEARS Discussion Thread!

    Shania never wore a schoolgirl outfit. Every piece of her outfit came from Kmart and no piece cost more than $17. Britney thought the outfits looked dorky so she decided to tie the shirt so it looked cuter.

  47. #4147
    JUB Addict innocentbychoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,938

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Official BRITNEY SPEARS Discussion Thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by aaronxp View Post
    Dear lord at the people thinking Xtina is some kind of ground-breaking real artist, she's as manufactured as Madonna, Britney and Lady Gaga. She's just mainstream stuff with a trained voice. her latest song is mediocre at its best, just like the other ones.

    The only thing I see on Britney and a praise is that she doesn't have a ceaseless hunger for glory and recognition like Madonna, Lady gaga and notoriously Beyonce. Out of everyone, scripted and everything she's probably the less self-centered.
    She can't be self centered because she can't think by herself. And I'm being serious. Remember how she has the legal rights of a 6 year old? I'm pretty sure Britney actually cared about her career until 2003, then it all went downhill...Right now she's probably doing it for the money and because she knows her idiotic fans will even buy a turd as long as her face's on it.

    And I really don't think Christina is THAT manufactured, yes she's a popstar which means that you are sort of manufactured by default BUT she's been able to make her own decisions for the last 10 years which is why she hasn't been commercially successful all the time on the same league of Madonna (well Madonna's albums haven't sold that well either, she's more of a tour selling artist) or Gaga but at least she's doing whatever the hell she wants as an artist.

    But enough with this Britney versus Christina shit. Let's just say they are different and we can happily enjoy both.

  48. #4148
    On the Prowl beetle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Munich / Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    52

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Official BRITNEY SPEARS Discussion Thread!

    i've never listened to britney spears.

    but you should watch this video:



    this video claims that britney is kinda "brainwashed" through "mk-ultra" etc.

    i don't think so ^^

    but you see clearly a kinda weird, i'd almost say "psychotic" behaviour.... some go so far to say that she has signs of multiple personalities.
    people with multiple personalities suffer from a dramatic psychic trauma in the very early childhood.
    while 95% of patients suffering from multiple personalities got heavy molested in very early childhood years, the other 5% are victims of bad anesthetic practice and woke up while a medicaul, surgical operation was performed on them....
    (these numbers and reason are up to discussionby experts, though)

    others are convinced of seeing signs of schizophrenia.


    anyways; watching this video, you see clearly a poor girl suffering from a heavy mental, psychic illness.

    i feel pitty for her...i don't think she likes what she is doing and i think that she need professional, psychological help.

    it's just sad...
    Last edited by beetle; October 1st, 2012 at 11:43 AM.
    can't believe you were once just like anyone else
    then you grew and became like the devil himself

  49. #4149
    JUB Addict innocentbychoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,938

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Official BRITNEY SPEARS Discussion Thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by aaronxp View Post
    Why can't she be self-centered? LOL
    She can think of herself, if she decided right now to be the hottest popstar on the planet again she would be it in a heartbeat, she could diet, work out, listen and obey to a great top-notch PR team, get a team of stylists to get the best for, buy some writing credits, You know, Be THAT Britney.
    She actually needs to ask for permission to do all those things first lol. So no.
    She has a super powerful machine behind her that can afford anything, and they're hungry for money, but I think it's pretty clear it's her decision not to do that, she clearly doesn't care for that so I think she can think by herself, so you were just you trying to mock her mental health.
    I'm not trying to mock anything, I'm just stating the truth. She can't make her own decisions and we all know it. On top of that she doesn't really give a fuck about her career (that I agree with) so that's why she acts they way she acts.

    And btw all the Madonna, Lady Gaga, Xtina fans are equally idiotic as the Britney fans, they will buy the turd as long as their faces are on it, I mean wasn't that the case with Bionic, MDNA and Born this way?.
    I can't speak for everybody else but I didn't buy Bionic even though I'm a huge Xtina fan. And I'm the first one to criticize her when I don't like something...I just don't see that happening with Britney fans that often, they all blindly follow and praise everything she says/does taking it to the most ridiculous situations and even making stuff up to make themselves feel better, for example: There's a video on Youtube of Christina vs Britney and both are singing happy birthday, the clip they showed of Britney was the one when she was holding a cake and singing to LA Reid on The X Factor. Britney obviously didn't sound half as good as Christina and some fan commented on the video: "She can't sing right because she's holding a cake" ROTFL. Classic Britney fan right there.

  50. #4150
    Sex God Mr-Pickles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    859

    Code of Conduct

    Re: The Official BRITNEY SPEARS Discussion Thread!

    Although you mention she has no control over her career/life. She arranged the X Factor contract herself, her make-up artist mentioned working with Simon and she said she'd be interested in working on a show like that. Simon got in touch directly with Britney and Britney agreed to doing the show by a 3rd phone call.


    I wouldn't buy into everything you read regarding the conservatorship, she still has plenty of input to her career. She still comes up with concepts for videos and performances, plus plays a part in co-writing songs and writing songs for other artists.


    Regarding the Christina vs Britney debate, yes Christina probably has more range than Britney, but some people prefer softer vocals. Britney is far more successful than Christina and that speaks volumes.
    all I wanna see you in is just
    S K I N

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.