JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

remove these banner ads by becoming a JUB Supporter.

View Poll Results: What is Mariah's signature song?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vision of Love

    9 21.95%
  • Hero

    18 43.90%
  • Butterfly

    4 9.76%
  • We Belong Together

    5 12.20%
  • Other

    5 12.20%
Page 4 of 59 FirstFirst ... 345 9 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 200 of 2943

Thread: The OFFICIAL Mariah Carey thread! [merged]

      
   
  1. #151
    gayboygaycum
    Guest

    Re: Mariah Carey Opinions

    Ok, if you say so. I'm not going to argue with you on this.

  2. #152
    ...and I'm not sorry JUB Friend Soilwork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    City of Angels
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married
    Posts
    23,139
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Mariah Carey Opinions

    who's arguing? I didn't tell you you were wrong for liking her. Hey, whores need love too.
    Gentlemen.... Thank you.

  3. #153
    gayboygaycum
    Guest

    Re: Mariah Carey Opinions

    Ok. If you say so.

  4. #154
    Heavy metal lover
    Absolut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    STL
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    14,292
    Blog Entries
    18

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Mariah Carey Opinions

    Who has that avatar of her munching on a Big Mac again??

    Hilarious...
    I'm beautiful in my way - cause god makes no mistakes - I'm on the right track - baby I was born this way!

  5. #155
    gayboygaycum
    Guest

    Re: Mariah Carey Opinions

    I don't know why people degrade her based on her weight.

  6. #156
    ...and I'm not sorry JUB Friend Soilwork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    City of Angels
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married
    Posts
    23,139
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Mariah Carey Opinions

    Anyone remember THIS thread?
    Gentlemen.... Thank you.

  7. #157
    Heavy metal lover
    Absolut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    STL
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    14,292
    Blog Entries
    18

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Mariah Carey Opinions

    Quote Originally Posted by Soilwork View Post
    Anyone remember THIS thread?
    I think I sprayed gin and tonic outta my nose at that one...

    I'm beautiful in my way - cause god makes no mistakes - I'm on the right track - baby I was born this way!

  8. #158
    gayboygaycum
    Guest

    Re: Mariah Carey's gonna come out with her own perfume!

    Quote Originally Posted by moonrabbit View Post
    What I don't understand is why the people who hate Mariah constantly feel the need to flock to a forum thread about her to make that known. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with having a different opinion. But when people continue to do this every time there's a thread about her, it gets annoying after a while. If you guys don't like her, then go participate in another part of the forum. In fact, create an "I Hate Mariah" thread so the fans can know to stay away. But have some respect for the people who do like her.
    THANK GOD FINALLY SOMEONE WITH A BRAIN!!! I don't even spend my time arguing with these types of.... I STOP THERE

  9. #159
    gayboygaycum
    Guest

    Re: Mariah Carey's gonna come out with her own perfume!

    HER PERFUME WILL BE CALLED "M By Mariah Carey"

  10. #160
    Effortless_Pro
    Guest

    Re: Mariah Carey's gonna come out with her own perfume!

    ^But you asked for opinions. You just didn't get the opinion you were looking for.

    wha, wha, wha, wha, whaaaaaaaa.

  11. #161

    Re: Mariah Carey Opinions

    She's bland.

  12. #162
    ...and I'm not sorry JUB Friend Soilwork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    City of Angels
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married
    Posts
    23,139
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Mariah Carey's gonna come out with her own perfume!

    yeah.. don't you hate that?

    I mean go ahead and like whoever you want. I'm sure I like a few bands you don't, and I'm not offended if you think Kerry King is an ugly fuck.

    All the more for me.

    (But I still think Mariah Carey is a nasty, floppy-twat, Hose-bag and I don't care who knows it)
    Gentlemen.... Thank you.

  13. #163
    ...and I'm not sorry JUB Friend Soilwork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    City of Angels
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married
    Posts
    23,139
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Mariah Carey's gonna come out with her own perfume!

    Quote Originally Posted by gayboygaycum View Post
    HER PERFUME WILL BE CALLED "M By Mariah Carey"
    I'm guessing "M" is the only word she knows how to spell.
    Gentlemen.... Thank you.

  14. #164
    Effortless_Pro
    Guest

    Re: Mariah Carey's gonna come out with her own perfume!

    Quote Originally Posted by Soilwork View Post
    I'm guessing "M" is the only word she knows how to spell.
    Kinda reminds me of this place that use to be in the food court I use to work in;

    Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmuffins.

  15. #165
    gayboygaycum
    Guest

    Re: Mariah Carey's gonna come out with her own perfume!

    There you go. Im not offended that you think that either. Like I said, everybody has their opinions and you just happen not to be a Mariah-Fan. Oh-well, i'm sure she'll get over it.

  16. #166
    Effortless_Pro
    Guest

    Re: Mariah Carey Opinions

    What were those spoofs MADtv did?

    LOVER MUFFIN, LOVER MUFFIN!

    Or the one where she's an alien and she requests her own song?

    Those were funny.


    Ah the days when MADtv was tolerable.

  17. #167
    gayboygaycum
    Guest

    Re: Mariah Carey Opinions

    Look, i'm not here for ANY BAD ENERGY with anyone.

  18. #168
    ...and I'm not sorry JUB Friend Soilwork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    City of Angels
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married
    Posts
    23,139
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Mariah Carey's gonna come out with her own perfume!

    Quote Originally Posted by gayboygaycum View Post
    There you go. Im not offended that you think that either. Like I said, everybody has their opinions and you just happen not to be a Mariah-Fan. Oh-well, i'm sure she'll get over it.
    I have a feeling that she's been over, under, next to, between and suspended from a LOT of things regardless of my low opinion of her.
    Gentlemen.... Thank you.

  19. #169
    Effortless_Pro
    Guest

    Re: Mariah Carey Opinions

    Then, don't get confrontational when someone expresses their... discontent with her.

    I mean you ASKED for opinions. You then said somethign about someone with a Brain, who said something positive about her, implying all us who express are opinion that she's lousey doesn't have one.

  20. #170
    Effortless_Pro
    Guest

    Re: Mariah Carey's gonna come out with her own perfume!

    Quote Originally Posted by gayboygaycum View Post
    THANK GOD FINALLY SOMEONE WITH A BRAIN!!! I don't even spend my time arguing with these types of.... I STOP THERE
    Quote Originally Posted by gayboygaycum View Post
    There you go. Im not offended that you think that either. Like I said, everybody has their opinions and you just happen not to be a Mariah-Fan. Oh-well, i'm sure she'll get over it.
    Then why did you say that???

  21. #171
    Heavy metal lover
    Absolut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    STL
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    14,292
    Blog Entries
    18

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Mariah Carey's gonna come out with her own perfume!

    Quote Originally Posted by Soilwork View Post
    I have a feeling that she's been over, under, next to, between and suspended from a LOT of things regardless of my low opinion of her.
    Evidently I'm an idiot and an "o" will suffice as a comment -

    but
    I'm beautiful in my way - cause god makes no mistakes - I'm on the right track - baby I was born this way!

  22. #172
    gayboygaycum
    Guest

    Re: Mariah Carey Opinions

    Quote Originally Posted by Effortless_Pro View Post
    Then, don't get confrontational when someone expresses their... discontent with her.

    I mean you ASKED for opinions. You then said somethign about someone with a Brain, who said something positive about her, implying all us who express are opinion that she's lousey doesn't have one.
    Your right, I must apologize to ANYONE I got defensive to, I understand now everyone likes her. And that's fine.

  23. #173
    Virgin tiptoer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    30

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Mariah Carey Opinions

    LOVE HER!!!! Been a fan since day number 1. Her last album was her biggest selling record, and puts her next to elvis... one more #1 and she'll be the best selling artist of all time! Love her or hate her, thats amazing! Her "shrill" or "shriek" as people call it is also known as "operatic" to those who really listen to music. I also had a co-worker that said..."I don't like her now that shes acting black". First of all, that statement alone sends chills down my spine, and second of all, I was like... "She IS black!". I think that sums it up... you know, Brit and X-tina were slutty from the get-go... and that was ok. Mariah for some reason gets shit because she evolved from gospel to R&B...(the natural evolution of gospel music actually.)
    Also, I have to say, she gives back SO much! Thats more than I can say for most artists today!
    If you have followed her, you love her... if you just watch MTV and Entertainment Tonight... well...

  24. #174
    The gay gargoyle
    G-Lexington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Denver CO
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    44,334
    Blog Entries
    21

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Mariah Carey Opinions

    >>>What do you guys think of the oh-so talented Mariah Carey?

    I've learned one thing about the Music/Entertainment forum in my short time here at JUB. And that's that whenever somebody asks "What do you think of (artist/movie/album/song)?", that person really doesn't care WHAT I think about artist/movie/album/song. They just want to talk about how great artist/movie/album/song is, and anybody with an opposing viewpoint - not a hater, just someone who doesn't agree - isn't welcome to the party.

    If you, for some reason, are not one of those people....I think Mariah Carey is a savvy businesswoman. She's extended her career first by piggybacking onto various producers and rappers, and now by simply surrendering herself to the mechanics of "disembodied divadom". The twin hits of Glitter and Charmbracelet should've been enough to bury anyone's career, and the latter album specifically shows how much wear her voice has taken. But she managed to subsume herself into the "Mimi" album, where her voice was possibly the least important attribute, and return herself to megastardom. I find her very intelligent on that front, although I haven't liked a single piece of music she's put out since at least the mid-90s.

    If you ARE one of those people...OMIGOD, she's SO amazing! And SO pretty!

    Lex

  25. #175
    Love is in the air Ramindra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    4,364

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Mariah Carey Opinions

    Because I respect the guy who started the thread and do not want him getting very upset, I am not going to express one single thought I may have about this Mariah person.

  26. #176
    ...and I'm not sorry JUB Friend Soilwork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    City of Angels
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married
    Posts
    23,139
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Mariah Carey Opinions

    Quote Originally Posted by tiptoer View Post
    Her "shrill" or "shriek" as people call it is also known as "operatic" to those who really listen to music.
    My parents are classical musicians. I grew up at the opera. Trust me, I know opera and making squeaking noises ain't it.

    You can like her all you want, but don't delude yourself into thinking that she's an opera singer because she can imitate a bed spring that needs oil.
    Gentlemen.... Thank you.

  27. #177
    Sex God prettyboysing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    896

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Mariah Carey Opinions

    I love Mariah Carey! My favorite song by her is probably "Underneath the Stars". She does get a little shrill at times, but that doesn't bother me at all. Although she does riff, she doesn't mistake over-triling for emotion, she has the power to back it up.

    I do have to agree with Soilwork on one point. She is not operatic. Her mother is a more legit singer, and I'm sure Mariah has had some of that training, but a loud voice doesn't opera make.

  28. #178
    Sex God Luminox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    511

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Mariah Carey Opinions

    I think she's one of the most talented singers out there, if not THE most talented.
    Her voice is just beyond any comparison, in terms of power and range and technique...Everything else is subjective !

    I too think she's started to become really crazy and her success has gone to her head and SHE DOES dress like a whore or like a 13-year old girl 90% of the time ! It's too bad...

    I am a fan of her music but not of her. I can't really name a favorite album, but my favorite song of hers would be either "We Belong Together" or "Vision Of Love".

    It really pisses me off when people just go on and on and on about how her voice has weakened over time and now isn't what it used to be...Well yeah, that's only natural !! No-one's voice is maintained completely throughout their lifetime. No matter how much they take care of it, it's bound to lose at least a little bit of its power etc... Celine DIon's voice has weakened too, but nobody seems to trash her about it !! I've heard her in concerts and live performances recently and she certainly is not anymore what she used to be . But nobody cares about that, it's only Mariah, Mariah, Mariah...

    And last but not least, even though her voice is no longer what it used to be, it still is better even in its "worn-out" state than 99% of the other singers ! IMHO only Xtina can outsing her, even now...

    Wish she'd stop dressing like a ho, though ! It's probably one of those situations where she has people around her who don't ever dare to tell her she looks skanky and always tell her she looks fabulous so she just goes on dressing sluttier and sluttier !

  29. #179
    Jy_Star
    Guest

    Re: Mariah Carey Opinions

    Mariah doesn't just have a weakened voice - she's been putting out horrible songs as well. I don't see what people don't get on that fact - yes, some artists' voices dwindle over time. But at least they still write good music.

    After Honey - well, really after Rainbow - Mariah lost her mind, her charm, her considerable voice, and probably what was left of her talent. Thats my opinion, and since i was a fan of hers(as was my mother), i think i'm entitled to it. Glitter wasn't the only tragedy she's had.

    Quote Originally Posted by Effortless_Pro
    LOVER MUFFIN, LOVER MUFFIN!
    LOL. Just for you.

  30. #180
    ...and I'm not sorry JUB Friend Soilwork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    City of Angels
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married
    Posts
    23,139
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Mariah Carey Opinions

    See, I find Mariah songs stopped being actual songs after "Emotion" and just started being a rhythm track with her shrieking "SWEEET SWEEET HHOOOOOHOOOOO HONEY HONEY WOH WOH WOH" over it. It's like her fans dont' really want to hear her sing like she did early on and they just wanna hear her perform vocal acrobatics.

    The fact that she's a nasty, skanky whore just makes her a bit more unbearable.

    I'll never forget that video where some UGLY rapper (Old Dirty Bastard, I think) started her song by proclaiming "Me and Mariah go together like a baby and pacifier."

    Only a filthy slut would allow a lyric like that to be included in a song about her.

    I also remember that Glitter video which seemed to be her screaming notes and shaking her breats in the camera while two rappers drove around and argued.

    I'm sure she doesnt' care what I think.. Good for her. Doesn't change the fact that she used to be worth listening to and now isn't much more a human noise maker and inflatable sex toy. Sad, really.
    Gentlemen.... Thank you.

  31. #181
    The gay gargoyle
    G-Lexington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Denver CO
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    44,334
    Blog Entries
    21

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Mariah Carey Opinions

    Yes, everybody's voice weakens over time. Aretha can't quite belt one out like she did in her prime. But then again, she's hovering near the seventy mark. Mariah is still shy of forty. It's a bit early for her voice to be burning out. Celine's voice may not be what it was, either, but she appears to be accepting of that fact. She no longer reaches for the back row or tries to hit notes that are out of range. Mariah, however, blithely keeps going for the money notes, and sounds weaker and weaker each time she attempts it. You may see that as bravery. I see it as foolish.

    Lex

  32. #182
    Sex God prettyboysing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    896

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Mariah Carey Opinions

    Quote Originally Posted by G-Lexington View Post
    Celine's voice may not be what it was, either, but she appears to be accepting of that fact. She no longer reaches for the back row or tries to hit notes that are out of range.
    No, she just stands at a microphone and lip-syncs.

    Mariah doesn't just have a weakened voice - she's been putting out horrible songs as well. I don't see what people don't get on that fact
    Because it's not a fact...it's your opinion.

  33. #183

    Re: Mariah Carey Opinions

    was never really a fan of hers and my first album was the re release of the MIMI album. its a pretty good album

  34. #184
    Shorty DANNO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    3,105

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Mariah Carey Opinions

    Quote Originally Posted by Soilwork View Post
    who's arguing? I didn't tell you you were wrong for liking her. Hey, whores need love too.
    Soilwork -- you still amaze me. I love your outspokeness!! Keep it coming brother!!


    Although It is known of my infatuation with Mariah, I can still accept others opinions. I just think about her 160 million albums sold, 17 #1 hits, and estimated $200 Million net worth!!
    "Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself."
    *Leo Tolstoy

  35. #185
    Shorty DANNO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    3,105

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Mariah Carey Opinions

    PS -- I am loving this thread!

    Good old american fag debate. Who's hair is bigger, voice is higher, dress is shorter, and who is the prettiest!!
    "Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself."
    *Leo Tolstoy

  36. #186
    Out of order Paxton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Buenos Aires
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    3,342

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Mariah Carey Opinions

    Mariah has become a classic diva. You may love her or hate her, but you can't ignore an artist of her caliber. I choose to love her.

  37. #187
    Effortless_Pro
    Guest

    Re: Mariah Carey Opinions

    Quote Originally Posted by Jy_Star View Post


    LOL. Just for you.

    Oh, man that shit always cracks me up!

    *smack*

    Honeyboobyrainbow; Car Wash

  38. #188
    Virgin tiptoer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    30

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Mariah Carey Opinions

    Quote Originally Posted by Soilwork View Post
    My parents are classical musicians. I grew up at the opera. Trust me, I know opera and making squeaking noises ain't it.

    You can like her all you want, but don't delude yourself into thinking that she's an opera singer because she can imitate a bed spring that needs oil.

    hmm... ok... first of all having musical parents and being raised amongst opera does not make you an authority. I am no expert either except the fact that I have actually had vocal training... and have close friends that are Opera trained... Mariah's name has come up many a time. She has Operatic pipes, however... as you said... She is not an Opera singer. In fact, I never said she was. She is a pop/R&B singer... with an extreme range...

    Just trying to clear things up... a close girl-friend of mine actually gets REALLY hyped up about this because she IS an Opera singer... and she thinks if you hate Mariah for her "screetching" than you don't have an appreciation for her voice either.... maybe I'll get her involved... HA HA!
    peace.

  39. #189
    Effortless_Pro
    Guest

    Re: Mariah Carey Opinions

    Quote Originally Posted by tiptoer View Post
    hmm... ok... first of all having musical parents and being raised amongst opera does not make you an authority. I am no expert either except the fact that I have actually had vocal training... and have close friends that are Opera trained... Mariah's name has come up many a time. She has Operatic pipes, however... as you said... She is not an Opera singer. In fact, I never said she was. She is a pop/R&B singer... with an extreme range...

    Just trying to clear things up... a close girl-friend of mine actually gets REALLY hyped up about this because she IS an Opera singer... and she thinks if you hate Mariah for her "screetching" than you don't have an appreciation for her voice either.... maybe I'll get her involved... HA HA!
    peace.
    Actually she's not an R&B singer, and most people who claim to be these days are not R&B either.

    R&B stands for Rythm and Blues.
    I have yet to see a genuine mainstream R&B singer, in the past 10 years.

  40. #190
    ...and I'm not sorry JUB Friend Soilwork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    City of Angels
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married
    Posts
    23,139
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Mariah Carey Opinions

    Quote Originally Posted by tiptoer View Post
    hmm... ok... first of all having musical parents and being raised amongst opera does not make you an authority. I am no expert either except the fact that I have actually had vocal training... and have close friends that are Opera trained... Mariah's name has come up many a time. She has Operatic pipes, however... as you said... She is not an Opera singer. In fact, I never said she was. She is a pop/R&B singer... with an extreme range...

    Just trying to clear things up... a close girl-friend of mine actually gets REALLY hyped up about this because she IS an Opera singer... and she thinks if you hate Mariah for her "screetching" than you don't have an appreciation for her voice either.... maybe I'll get her involved... HA HA!
    peace.
    If your friend is an opera singer and thinks Mariah Carey is doing anything other than buzz tones, she's not a very educated opera singer. (And no.. if she sounds like Mariah Carey, I dont' have an appreciation for her voice.

    I too was vocal trained... studied for years, in fact. I know that making squeaks isn't Opera OR "Operatic" and saying otherwise is just inaccurate.

    Yes, Mariah Carey is amazing at vocal acrobatics, but calling that "Operatic" is not only funny, it's kinda underscoring how her fans take her WAY too seriously.

    (and she's still a filthy slut. I dont' see any of the Mariah fans arguing THAT point.)
    Gentlemen.... Thank you.

  41. #191
    Virgin tiptoer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    30

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Mariah Carey Opinions

    Quote Originally Posted by Soilwork View Post
    If your friend is an opera singer and thinks Mariah Carey is doing anything other than buzz tones, she's not a very educated opera singer. (And no.. if she sounds like Mariah Carey, I dont' have an appreciation for her voice.

    I too was vocal trained... studied for years, in fact. I know that making squeaks isn't Opera OR "Operatic" and saying otherwise is just inaccurate.

    Yes, Mariah Carey is amazing at vocal acrobatics, but calling that "Operatic" is not only funny, it's kinda underscoring how her fans take her WAY too seriously.

    (and she's still a filthy slut. I dont' see any of the Mariah fans arguing THAT point.)

    Well I guess I could say the same about your education... so I wont go there... we'd only go in circles cuz we both think/know we are right...

    As far as the filthy slut thing goes... i dunno... i dunno who she sleeps with... and I'm sure you don't either... although if you have a list.. let me know... What else would constitute her as a slut? wearing short dresses... hmmm... you're right... you are VERY educated...

    one more thing... if im not mistaken... her mother is an opera singer... a very famous one at that... and if Mariah was trained by her mother... wouldn't that make.... ah... nevermind...

  42. #192
    SuperSean88
    Guest

    Re: Mariah Carey Opinions

    Sorry, she's horrible. I mean really I don't get why people like her.

    I could care less about her weight or what she looks like, I just feel she's talentless and a product of what her producers and managers tell her to be....

    I mean, she belts... and thats really it. She can belt.

    And her movie, is a joke.

  43. #193
    Sex God prettyboysing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    896

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Mariah Carey Opinions

    Quote Originally Posted by tiptoer View Post
    hmm... ok... first of all having musical parents and being raised amongst opera does not make you an authority. I am no expert either except the fact that I have actually had vocal training... and have close friends that are Opera trained... Mariah's name has come up many a time. She has Operatic pipes, however... as you said... She is not an Opera singer. In fact, I never said she was. She is a pop/R&B singer... with an extreme range...

    Just trying to clear things up... a close girl-friend of mine actually gets REALLY hyped up about this because she IS an Opera singer... and she thinks if you hate Mariah for her "screetching" than you don't have an appreciation for her voice either.... maybe I'll get her involved... HA HA!
    peace.
    I actually have a degree in music with an emphasis on vocal music. I can tell you with full confidence, she may have the talent that could have led to a classical career, but she has not trained to the extent that an opera singer would train. She received some coaching from her mother, Patricia Hickey (a decent mezzo--I would never say famous...she's been more successful as a coach), but hasn't had the years of intense training an opera singer would have. More important, the sound she produces is not a legit sound. I love her, but I love her for what she is, a great pop singer.

  44. #194
    ...and I'm not sorry JUB Friend Soilwork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    City of Angels
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married
    Posts
    23,139
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Mariah Carey Opinions

    Quote Originally Posted by tiptoer View Post
    As far as the filthy slut thing goes... i dunno... i dunno who she sleeps with... and I'm sure you don't either... although if you have a list.. let me know... What else would constitute her as a slut? wearing short dresses... hmmm... you're right... you are VERY educated...
    I'd say that releaseing a record where Ol'Dirty Bastard brags about how she's sucked his dick would do it. "Me and Mariah go together like a baby and pacifier."

    Filthy. Slut.
    Gentlemen.... Thank you.

  45. #195
    ...and I'm not sorry JUB Friend Soilwork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    City of Angels
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married
    Posts
    23,139
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Mariah Carey Opinions

    Quote Originally Posted by tiptoer View Post
    one more thing... if im not mistaken... her mother is an opera singer... a very famous one at that... and if Mariah was trained by her mother... wouldn't that make.... ah... nevermind...
    I suppose.. except she wasn't.

    Well.. she wasn't trained to SING like her mother, anyway.

    Maybe her mother is a filthy slut too and that's where she learned that.
    Gentlemen.... Thank you.

  46. #196
    Heavy metal lover
    Absolut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    STL
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    14,292
    Blog Entries
    18

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Mariah Carey Opinions

    Quote Originally Posted by Soilwork View Post
    Maybe her mother is a filthy slut too and that's where she learned that.


    Stupid is as stupid does...
    I'm beautiful in my way - cause god makes no mistakes - I'm on the right track - baby I was born this way!

  47. #197

    Re: Mariah Carey Opinions

    now i dont know if mariah is a slut but wasnt her sister one too? and i THINK i read somewhere she tested positive for HIV. and could sing too

  48. #198
    ...and I'm not sorry JUB Friend Soilwork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    City of Angels
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married
    Posts
    23,139
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Mariah Carey Opinions

    Ok.. having HIV doesn't make you a filthy slut.

    Blowing Old dirty Bastard, however...
    Gentlemen.... Thank you.

  49. #199

    Re: Mariah Carey Opinions

    well her sister was a prostitute

  50. #200
    ...and I'm not sorry JUB Friend Soilwork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    City of Angels
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married
    Posts
    23,139
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Mariah Carey Opinions

    which still isn't as bad as blowing ODB.


    just sayin.
    Gentlemen.... Thank you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.