Free Gay Sex Photos, Movies, Reviews and Forums at JustUsBoys

View Poll Results: Chris Crocker...

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love Him

    8 26.67%
  • Hate Him

    22 73.33%
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1237 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 100 of 1487
  1. #51
    JUB Addict Ryuukie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    1,625


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker is Causing Homophobia...

    Quote Originally Posted by elvin1 View Post
    No he's not. He's not a hero. He's not fighting homophobia. He's just making everyone laugh at him.
    Most "heroes" fly under the radar and step up when they need to. Chris is just an attention whore.
    Thou protest too much.

  2. #52
    tumbling...tumbling down!
    gmoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    15,599


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker is Causing Homophobia...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Nickerson View Post
    Every time I've seen clips of his Britney video on television, the newscasters and emcees are snickering and laughing at him... You can almost hear them saying, "There! There! You see? You see?"

    Paul Lynde and Charles Nelson Reilly (to name two performers) could get away with making fun of themselves, because it wasn't so overt. But Chris Crocker is so over the top, he's not doing the gay population any favors... I for one, wish he'd go back into whatever closet he crawled out of...
    Your analogy of Paul Lynde and Charles Nelson Reilly are perfect! Chris Crocker is over the top. If you have to be over the top to make yourself a good comedian, then you are lacking in talent that others have like Paul and Charles.

    I'll give you a perfect example:

    Bill Cosby can make people laugh until they're in stitches without a single curse word, but Eddie Murphy has to say "fuck" in every other sentence. I'm not saying Eddie isn't funny, but he doesn't have the natural talent Bill Cosby has. Neither does Chris Crocker.

    I realize many of you have extremely different opinions here, but that doesn't excuse the personal attacks and bashing I've seen so far.

    Why can't you guys agree to disagree without doing such a thing?!

    Personally, I don't find Chris Crocker funny or entertaining at all. I realize there are some gays that are as extreme as he appears to be, but you have to admit, his "act" does not put the gay persona in any kind of 'acceptable' category that the general population would find tolerable if that is indeed what we wish to see from the rest of society.


    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

  3. #53
    IntoxicatedwithHunkiness
    Joshua_me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Location
    Portland, Or.
    Posts
    18,053


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker is Causing Homophobia...

    Quote Originally Posted by Flip42483 View Post
    Maybe I'll rub my golden lamp until the geenie poofs up and grant me my wish:
    "Oh, please please please, make him vanish in this world"
    Sweetness, if that genie appears, there's a hell of a lot better things to wish for...



  4. #54
    aww I wanted to explode looseliam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    infernis
    Posts
    16,981


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker is Causing Homophobia...

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua_me View Post
    Sweetness, if that genie appears, there's a hell of a lot better things to wish for...
    Like that mink coat I've been longing for!

    Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day.
    Give a man religion, and he'll starve praying for a fish.

  5. #55
    JUB Addict NedNickerson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Memphis
    Posts
    5,022


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker is Causing Homophobia...

    Quote Originally Posted by gmoney View Post
    Your analogy of Paul Lynde and Charles Nelson Reilly are perfect! Chris Crocker is over the top. If you have to be over the top to make yourself a good comedian, then you are lacking in talent that others have like Paul and Charles.

    I'll give you a perfect example:

    Bill Cosby can make people laugh until they're in stitches without a single curse word, but Eddie Murphy has to say "fuck" in every other sentence. I'm not saying Eddie isn't funny, but he doesn't have the natural talent Bill Cosby has. Neither does Chris Crocker.
    Another brilliant comedian I just thought of was John Inman who played Mr. Humphries on Are You Being Served... He was campy and exhibited some of the stereotypes of effeminate men, but he wasn't over the top like Chris Crocker...

    Paul Lyne, Charles Nelson Reilly and John Inman are proof that carefully, expertly crafted comedy takes real talent...

  6. #56
    The boy next door construct's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Location
    Fort Worth
    Posts
    4,160


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker is Causing Homophobia...

    Quote Originally Posted by BeardedWoof View Post
    I've never seen him and I guess that makes me one of the lucky ones.
    You aren't alone, BeardedWoof. I hadn't heard of him until I saw this thread. Then I went to YouTube and watched five of his clips.

    Folks, that's not over the top. I've met more people than I care to remember just like him in gay bars. I get away from them as fast as I can and flee to the other side of the room.

    I wish there were ignore features in gay bars.

  7. #57
    Sex God tonyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    4,240


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker is Causing Homophobia...

    Never have seen this guy and hadn't heard of him before I read this thread.
    I guess if you don't like him you shouldn't watch him or by tickets to his shows.... Actually I don't know what the guy does, don't even know if he is a comedian that performs on stage.
    But if you don't like him turn off the TV or don't see his shows. Simple as that.

  8. #58
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Posts
    107,034
    Blog Entries
    79


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker is Causing Homophobia...

    I saw "Chris Crocker" and wondered what a National Football League defensive player has to do with homophobia.....

    Now I guess I'd better look for the YouTube stuff y'all are talking about.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  9. #59
    JUB Addict NedNickerson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Memphis
    Posts
    5,022


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker is Causing Homophobia...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    I saw "Chris Crocker" and wondered what a National Football League defensive player has to do with homophobia.....

    Now I guess I'd better look for the YouTube stuff y'all are talking about.
    I wonder what that Chris Crocker


    thinks of this Chris Crocker?



    BTW, his Wikipedia entry says he's been receiving death threats... No kidding...?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_C...t_celebrity%29

    Here's his YouTube page:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/itschriscrocker

    And here's his MySpace page:
    http://www.myspace.com/itschriscrocker which says "Chris Crocker is getting pregnant..."

    His sexual orientation is listed as gay... So he's not some straight dude playing it for laughs...?

  10. #60
    By the Beach wanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Location
    The Beach
    Posts
    1,581
    Blog Entries
    1


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker is Causing Homophobia...

    i love seth green's parady of chris crocker
    Enjoy Wandering through my galleries!
    http://justusboys.com/forum/view.php?photos=wanderer

  11. #61
    JUB Addict NedNickerson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Memphis
    Posts
    5,022


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker is Causing Homophobia...

    Quote Originally Posted by wanderer View Post
    i love seth green's parady of chris crocker
    YouTube is now overrun with parodies...
    Uh, oh... now it begins...

    [YOUTUBE]xiuRhy4CqzU[/YOUTUBE]

    [YOUTUBE]gYLDCFixyN4[/YOUTUBE]

  12. #62
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Posts
    107,034
    Blog Entries
    79


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker is Causing Homophobia...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Nickerson View Post
    I wonder what that Chris Crocker


    thinks of this Chris Crocker?

    How do we go about getting them together?

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  13. #63
    Heaven's not enough JUB Moderator star-warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Married
    Location
    Home is where the heart is
    Posts
    40,301
    Blog Entries
    9


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker is Causing Homophobia...

    I wish Chris Crocker the OTT caricature of an emotional effeminate gay stereotype would shut the fuck up.

    Saying he is like the Stonewall veterans is silly. If anything he perpetuates and reinforces the stereotype that the ignorant homophobic masses have of the gay community.

    Homophobes see effeminate men not as men but figures of hate and derision, and often a target of physical violence. They can't tolerate anything but a masculine ideal of what a man is about, and see all gays as effeminate stereotypes like the Crocker caricature. This bodes ill for people in their community who want to come out, because like the ignoramus who beat up a kid wearing a pink shirt recently, homophobia is out there, and Crocker is gonna fan their flames.

    He's not an asset to the gay community, just a negative liability.

    Pray for those young teens and men who are thinking of coming out in a straight environment. The homophobes will be those who think that gays are like Crocker, and that narrow outmoded notion is what will make these people unable to break out of their closets because they don't identify with the stereotype.


  14. #64
    JUB Addict Ninja108's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    65,898


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker is Causing Homophobia...

    I just find him plain irriating. The next video should feature him being permently banned from making a video again

  15. #65
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Posts
    107,034
    Blog Entries
    79


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker is Causing Homophobia...

    Okay, I just watched a dozen or more of his videos. The one with him being interviewed on ABC or whatever was great, and the one where he's telling his grandma that he likes showing "some leg" is good, but most of it is just... lame.

    Enough of this thread....

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  16. #66
    JUB Addict NedNickerson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Memphis
    Posts
    5,022


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker is Causing Homophobia...

    Quote Originally Posted by star-warrior View Post
    He's not an asset to the gay community, just a negative liability.

    Pray for those young teens and men who are thinking of coming out in a straight environment. The homophobes will be those who think that gays are like Crocker, and that narrow outmoded notion is what will make these people unable to break out of their closets because they don't identify with the stereotype.
    I agree with your comments... and I'd like to add a few points...

    How many times have we read here, "I didn't know any gays when I was growing up.." or "I'm the only gay person I know..."

    Well, get this - to A LOT of the straight population, homophobic or not, Chris Crocker is the only gay guy they know... and I suspect that he's also the only gay person a lot of gay kids know, too... The world is a big place, and not every city and town is New York, Philadelphia, Atlanta, or San Franscisco. There's a lot of small towns and burroughs scattered in-between...

    And to many of those gay kids (and adults), Chris Crocker is NOT an accurate representation as to what they feel inside.

    And somewhere, in the U.S. (or the world, for that matter), you can be sure there's some gay kid or even a straight effeminate mama's boy who's being tauted with name calling, "You Chris-Crocker...!"

  17. #67
    SantaCBear
    Guest

    Re: Chris Crocker is Causing Homophobia...

    Is he a top or bottom ?

  18. #68
    JUB Addict 2243's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    2,100


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker is Causing Homophobia...

    I agree with looseliam and Mikami (off-topic: Mikami Is that Mr. Bubbles in your avatar?) on this thing. It's stupid to blame homophobia on Cris Crocker even if he is straight.

  19. #69
    SantaCBear
    Guest

    Re: Chris Crocker is Causing Homophobia...

    ^ You never know

  20. #70
    Porn Star
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Orientation
    Gay
    Location
    Je suis perdu
    Posts
    345


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker is Causing Homophobia...

    I think if anything, those accusing CC of causing homophobia are justifying that homophobia being practised. So what? Someone who is effeminate should be chastised. Well good to know we're endorsing sexism as well.

    This thread is nothing but catering to the sensitivities of heterosexist which in the end seems like CC has the gonads to stand up against. Yeah, perhaps he could use a little more reading in order to make his views all the more poignant, but nonetheless the kid is bright. Just listen to him argue why gays shouldn't be in the army, or what it takes to be 'straight acting' and his got a point.

    Then again in board full of gay men who salivate over heterosexual twins like vultures what is there to expect? Oh wait. Am I making an assumption out of a whole group of people over the basis of one or two? Well then I'm acting just like you. That what makes a bunch of gays here seem homophobic. And this, to think you all ragged on some guy because he thinks that hot people should only stick to hot people. So then gays should only be 'straight acting' for the sake of keeping face with the heteros? FUCK THEM. No fucking hetero norms is going to dictate what I can and cannot do as a HOMOSEXUAL MALE WHO TAKES IT UP THE ASS AND IS SEEN AS AN EFFEMINATE DEFORMINTY BY A DOMINANT POWER.

    And that's what CC and those at the Stonewall riots were all about. It wasn't no closet cases trying to keep face. Being homosexual and living with the risk of bashing is a reality we all have to deal with, but we should not be turning it against each other but rather the establihments that are leading to accept that to cause violence on another because of the way the act superficially is not cool.

    If anything CC has more balls than any football quaterback, and obviously enough more people on this board. So go drool over your heterosexual men all you like and blame CC because he's not into you.
    j'ai trop des tristes pensés pour ça je veux crier
    je ne suis pas contente furieuse comme un enfant

  21. #71
    Got my mojo back Alan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,851


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker is Causing Homophobia...

    I took some time to day to investigate just who Chris Crocker was. I hadn't a clue until I saw this post earlier today.

    I watched the video 'Leave Britney Alone' on YouTube and must admit that I laughed a lot.

    He's made a lot more videos - which have spawned a lot of reactions and comments so it is no surprise that the media has picked up on a good story.

    We're all media savvy these days and just about anyone can become 'famous' for fifteen minutes. If Chris Crocker has any sense (and talent) then he will capitalise on the publicity and make a career out of it.

    The guy is only eighteen years old. He might cringe and regret every last word when he looks back on all this when he's thirty but hey, the guy is young and having fun.

    The internet provides each and every one of us with a voice (if we want it). We all have the freedom to express ourselves. The web is the best and easiest place where we can say what we like.

    Of course there are repercussions - as Chris Crocker has found out. There is always someone with a contrary view. And they too have every right to their say.

    Does Chris Crocker cause homophobia?
    No way - most people who think that way will not change their view.

    Let the guy have his fun. He just wanted to be noticed.
    And he got his wish.
    "I'm kinda comfortable with getting older because
    it's better than the alternative...being dead" - George Clooney

  22. #72
    Still a Virgin at heart Christopher123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Location
    JUBland, USA
    Posts
    5,185
    Blog Entries
    18


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker is Causing Homophobia...

    Awww, he's not hurtin nobody.

    I'll agree he's got issues, but then who doesn't?

    Chris is like a car accident; you know you shouldn't watch, but you can't help it.

    If Chris offends you, it's only because you're letting him. He just... does what he does. And, I might add, he's damn good at it.

    He's got people talking about him all over the internet, doesn't he?
    careful... reality bites...


  23. #73
    Still a Virgin at heart Christopher123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Location
    JUBland, USA
    Posts
    5,185
    Blog Entries
    18


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker is Causing Homophobia...

    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Does Chris Crocker cause homophobia?
    No way - most people who think that way will not change their view.
    Agreed.

    You're either homophobic or you're not.
    careful... reality bites...


  24. #74
    Still a Virgin at heart Christopher123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Location
    JUBland, USA
    Posts
    5,185
    Blog Entries
    18


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker is Causing Homophobia...

    Quote Originally Posted by ravenstar View Post
    lol.. I wouldn't be surprised to find he's already a member of JUB Ned.
    I really doubt Chris would post here. He just doesn't seem the type.

    But I could be wrong as hell.

    I know I wouldn't after a thread like THIS.

    careful... reality bites...


  25. #75
    New Possibilities... Riverrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    13,508


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker is Causing Homophobia...

    Well, I just watched some of his videos on YouTube.

    He IS entertaining. And he DID get a lot of attention.

    HE is what he is. The homophobes out there were already homophobes.

    Its the era of the Internet. Enjoy the ride.

  26. #76
    Still a Virgin at heart Christopher123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Location
    JUBland, USA
    Posts
    5,185
    Blog Entries
    18


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker is Causing Homophobia...

    Quote Originally Posted by Riverrick View Post
    Well, I just watched some of his videos on YouTube.

    He IS entertaining. And he DID get a lot of attention.

    HE is what he is. The homophobes out there were already homophobes.

    Its the era of the Internet. Enjoy the ride.
    The only one of his videos that truly disturbed me was the one of his "shrine" to Britney. Where, at the end, he said something like (I'm not quoting because I don't remember exactly) "... and this is a death threat to anyone who disagrees with me," or whatever the hell he said. That's just crazy. You can't publicly threaten people who hate Britney Spears. You just can't, lol!

    I personally like Britney. I do, I have nothing against her and I think she's a fantastic performer. And I feel bad about her latest comeback attempt because I think she could have done much better.

    And what's with everybody saying she's fat??? She is NOT fat, for crying out loud.

    But whatever, I think she's had a rough life and got pretty messed up in the head. And that's what her kind of lifestyle can do to a person.

    But Chris needs to chill out just a tad with the death threats and the slander to anyone who doesn't like Britney. Because that's their prerogative. Just like it's his prerogative to LIKE her.

    I mean hey, dude, have your likes. But don't put down those who don't like the same things that you do.

    Oooooooooo!

    Chris's (mine, not Crocker's) for the night
    careful... reality bites...


  27. #77
    New Possibilities... Riverrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    13,508


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker is Causing Homophobia...

    Well, he's a disturbed individual, Chris. He's probably lonely and has tried to fill that void with someone else's life.....Britney's. So that's sad.

  28. #78
    Still a Virgin at heart Christopher123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Location
    JUBland, USA
    Posts
    5,185
    Blog Entries
    18


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker is Causing Homophobia...

    Quote Originally Posted by Riverrick View Post
    Well, he's a disturbed individual, Chris. He's probably lonely and has tried to fill that void with someone else's life.....Britney's. So that's sad.
    Yeah.

    On one hand I wanna hug 'im.

    On the other hand I wanna smack 'im.

    I even messaged him once, but I doubt he'll ever acknowledge me. Not to mention he probably receives about 10,000 messages a day, lol.
    careful... reality bites...


  29. #79
    New Possibilities... Riverrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    13,508


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker is Causing Homophobia...

    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher123 View Post
    Yeah.

    On one hand I wanna hug 'im.

    On the other hand I wanna smack 'im.

    I even messaged him once, but I doubt he'll ever acknowledge me. Not to mention he probably receives about 10,000 messages a day, lol.
    Well, he is pretty famous.

    He was even on Jimmy Kimmel.


    [youtube]hZAr9E8i3ng[/youtube]

  30. #80
    Still a Virgin at heart Christopher123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Location
    JUBland, USA
    Posts
    5,185
    Blog Entries
    18


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker is Causing Homophobia...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikami View Post
    I don't really think he's serious with Britney, because any time he has a video dealing with her it's always labeled as 'comedy' and 'entertainment'. I just think he is stringing people along the ride because it is getting him some attention.

    I cannot explain that whole britney shrine thing, but even after seeing that, I think he's still fucking with every one on it.
    Well, that's very possible. I mean, who knows? He could be for real or this whole thing could be just a bunch of bullshit to gain popularity. I personally can't judge him because I don't know him. But yeah, the possibility is always there.

    Quote Originally Posted by Riverrick View Post
    Well, he is pretty famous.

    He was even on Jimmy Kimmel.
    Yeah, I've seen those. I'll tell ya the videos I'm personally getting sick of are the parodies mocking and making fun of Chris and his video. I mean, seriously, it's getting sooooo old it smells of rot.

    They really need to give it a rest. But then hey, they're just having fun.

    I think.

    lol
    careful... reality bites...


  31. #81
    aww I wanted to explode looseliam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    infernis
    Posts
    16,981


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker is Causing Homophobia...

    I still think he's adorable.

    Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day.
    Give a man religion, and he'll starve praying for a fish.

  32. #82
    Slut TallDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    160


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker is Causing Homophobia...

    Quote Originally Posted by ravenstar View Post
    It makes as much sense as the arguement he can't be gay cause he does satricial comedy. I did put it there to give someone a giggle so I'm glad you liked it.
    LoL, I did, thanks!
    Somebody alert the authorities...I got criminal intent.

  33. #83
    Still a Virgin at heart Christopher123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Location
    JUBland, USA
    Posts
    5,185
    Blog Entries
    18


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker is Causing Homophobia...

    Quote Originally Posted by Incognito8798 View Post
    “Chris Crocker” types irritate the hell out of me. He’s loud, obnoxious, eerie, antagonistic and seems otherwise psychotic…and if this is just an act, then he’s a pitiful attention whore (which is equally as bad.) The downside of the Internet is that it gives utterly talentless, yet annoyingly dilligent, cretins like this a platform to spin their stupidity into (fleeting) notoriety.

    As far as homophobia goes, I don’t think he “causes” it (per sé)…but at the same time, he’s SO insufferable with his antics and uses SUCH an over exaggerated and obnoxious effeminacy in presenting them…that I can see how he’d add more gasoline to the fire.

    People who are decidedly homophobic are going to be regardless, but ‘gay caricature’ like him would probably tip the scales in the more negative direction if they ever got in the room with someone who lingered somewhere in the middle of general tolerance and tempted bigotry.
    Well... I agree with this to a point.

    Yes, he's one of those "in your face" gayboys that obnoxiously wants his presence acknowledged. And I've heard even gay men say they'd like to slap the shit out of him.

    But at the same time, he's just doing what he does. He's doing what he wants to do. Doing what he likes to do. And we have the choice of whether or not to ignore it. And ya gotta admit, Chris isn't easily ignored. I have a straight friend that is literally addicted to Chris's videos. And I asked him, I said, "Why do you watch his videos if he irritates you so much?"

    And he said, "I can't help it. I've subscribed to him because I just can't stop watching. Call it a morbid curiosity type of thing."

    So there ya go. Even people that don't particularly like him are still watching his videos.

    I personally would love the chance to talk to him in person. Just once. To see the guy behind the videos and see if he's for real or not.

    Hey... call it curiosity
    careful... reality bites...


  34. #84
    JUB Addict NedNickerson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Memphis
    Posts
    5,022


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker Getting His Own TV Show!

    Your comments are right on the mark. I fear it's going to be a one-joke show, and we all know what the "joke" is, don't we...? This is bad news, indeed...

  35. #85
    Made of Win and Awesome Pushover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Location
    Newport News, VA
    Posts
    3,209
    Blog Entries
    3


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker Getting His Own TV Show!

    This brat is getting on my nerves....he makes an overly-dramatic, fake YouTube video and suddenly he's an instant celebrity. What the f*ck is wrong with this country?
    I don't have to tell you it goes without saying there are some things better left unsaid. I think that speaks for itself. The less said about it the better. ~George Carlin
    My Y! Gallery


  36. #86
    all of this wasted pain.. Sunshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    5,545
    Blog Entries
    10


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker Getting His Own TV Show!

    I fucking hated him ever since he joined myspace. I would seriously choke him if I ever met him in public.

    ..and I'm not a mean person.

  37. #87
    Space Cadet LarsVenice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,449


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker Getting His Own TV Show!

    On the other hand, straight people may decide that they like him and want to be more accepting of people like him. Many people want to move society forwards, not backwards.

    "I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something." --Jackie Mason

  38. #88
    JUB Addict 2243's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    2,100


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker Getting His Own TV Show!

    Don't you understand that gay people like Chris Crocker and even more flamboyant ones really do exist? Should they be exterminated because they are more outrageous than us? Gay bashing and homophobic people will still be here with out Chris Crocker.

  39. #89
    Porn Star
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Location
    Toronto, Ont.
    Posts
    330


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker Getting His Own TV Show!

    i just heard of this idiot last nite.
    i hope he gives some of his money to his gramma, she's cute.

    glad i don't have a tv, so i won't accidentally stumble upon the show.

  40. #90
    tumbling...tumbling down!
    gmoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    15,599


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker Getting His Own TV Show!

    "It's going to pretty much be the 'Chris Crocker experience,'" he said. "We consider him a rebel character that people will find interesting. He's going to be a TV star."

    And just who is going to find him interesting? The same people that think all gays are just like him?

    I've said it before, I have no problem with effeminate gay men that act that way naturally, but for him to perpetuate that in a sense that he represents all of us is just absurd!


    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

  41. #91
    aww I wanted to explode looseliam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    infernis
    Posts
    16,981


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker Getting His Own TV Show!

    We should get him and Kath Griffin together.

    Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day.
    Give a man religion, and he'll starve praying for a fish.

  42. #92
    tumbling...tumbling down!
    gmoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    15,599


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker Getting His Own TV Show!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikami View Post
    Honestly, give it the fuck up. The stereotype will always be there and even if one isn't a stereotyped gay person, people will always treat you like it and it's no fault of the people that are the stereotype, it's the people who want to make it out they we are all stereotypes.

    But, I hope you're all out going around proving that us homosexuals aren't all like him, because I sure it has been helping and making homophobic less homophobic.
    I understand your viewpoint being somewhat different than many of us. I don't understand why you have to be so fucking negative to those of us who don't agree with you!

    You say homophobia will/ and has always been there. You're not old enough to know what it was like 20 years ago, or even further back. Why do you think things have changed? Could it be because some gays who aren't so effeminate have made an effort to let mainstream see we aren't all that way? Letting Chris Crocker have his 15 minutes of fame does nothing but entertain people who already ridicule us for what we are. I don't see how that can be any kind of positive thing for gays in general.


    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

  43. #93
    JUB Addict LiquidSky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Location
    Nashville (The Pokey Dot Lounge)
    Posts
    2,386


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker Getting His Own TV Show!

    He's highly annoying. His first show should be him dropping acid.

  44. #94
    JUB Addict Ninja108's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    65,898


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker Getting His Own TV Show!

    why does anyone find this guy funny, he's easily one of the most annoying people there is. Here's to hoping his show lasts less than the usual 15 mins

  45. #95
    JUB Addict 2243's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    2,100


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker Getting His Own TV Show!

    I also became frustrated as I read the original post on this thread. I understand that a-lot us on this thread so far are not gay the way Chris Crocker might pretend to be, but there are more people being "fucking negative" towards him because he is not like us. Chris Crocker is not the kind of guy I would hang out with, although he does make me laugh; however, I will be an ignorant fool the day I start blaming prejudice on the so called "stereotypes". It's the same as blaming racism on Flava Flave and the women on his show Flavor of Love.

  46. #96
    tumbling...tumbling down!
    gmoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    15,599


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker Getting His Own TV Show!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikami View Post
    I am not being negative towards the disagreement of my view point. It would be pretty pointless to be mad at that because it's pretty inevitable that every one would agree with me.
    From what I've seen, not everyone agrees with you. Don't quite know how you came to that conclusion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikami View Post
    No, I am not old enough to know what it was like, but I know enough that playing the blame game and pointing fingers at other people for something never helped the situation either.
    I'm not playing the blame game! All I'm saying is that this guy is not representative of most of us. However much you find him entertaining is one thing. If you think, for one second, that he is a good representation of the gay community, then that's where we differ. To me, he's obnoxious, stupid, and just morally wrong. I have nothing against people trying to be funny, or trying to make a living at that, but this guy is trying to make it at the expense of our respectability as a group as a whole. To me, I find that very disrespectful.


    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

  47. #97
    Virgin
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    15


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker Getting His Own TV Show!

    Wonder if the production company has seen this video?

    [YOUTUBE]9xu73kfAT2s[/YOUTUBE]

  48. #98
    Sex God -Lance-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    957


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker Getting His Own TV Show!

    Jefree Star is getting his own tv show too.

    lol

  49. #99
    ...and I'm not sorry JUB Friend Soilwork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married
    Location
    City of Angels
    Posts
    24,605


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker Getting His Own TV Show!

    Quote Originally Posted by Pushover View Post
    This brat is getting on my nerves....he makes an overly-dramatic, fake YouTube video and suddenly he's an instant celebrity. What the f*ck is wrong with this country?
    The same country who voted for the stupidest President ever because they thought he was the kind of guy they'd want to go to a game with.

    The same country that made William Hung a star.

    The same country that made Ruben Studard a star.

    The same country that votes for American Idol in MUCH bigger numbers than they do in political elections.

    For my part I think Chris Crocker is hilarious. And for all the gay guys out there weeping that there's no gay man who's like them out there.. why aren't they making YouTube videos?
    Gentlemen.... Thank you.

  50. #100
    ...and I'm not sorry JUB Friend Soilwork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married
    Location
    City of Angels
    Posts
    24,605


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker Getting His Own TV Show!

    by the way.... I think that Homophoiba doesn't exist because of flambouyant gay men like Chris Crocker.

    Homophobia exists because of all the sad, pathetic "straight acting" closet cases who don't come out to show that not all gay men are like that.. That gay men are - for the most part - just regular guys. Instead they hide away because they have no balls and the only gay men who are seen are the guys like Chris Crocker who can't - or won't - hide being gay.

    Sorry.. bitch all you want.. until you are out to EVERYONE IN YOUR LIFE, you don't have the right to say anything about him.
    Gentlemen.... Thank you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •