JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 56711 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 300 of 984
  1. #251
    Sex God arando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    658

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Mark Wahlberg has "gay issues"

    i just think that its mostly the gay comunity that got mark where he is today because he is hot according to gay standards and now he dont like gays, i just thought he would be more considerate that's all - pink money talks

  2. #252
    JUB Addict falconfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,354

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Mark Wahlberg has "gay issues"

    He's just being honest... for god's sake he good "love" the homosexual community so much and be lying through his teeth or he can be honest I don't understand why it's so "homophobic" for a man to not want to see or participate in homosexual sex. It just aint appealing to everyone he's not saying the movie was bad or wrong or homosexuality is amoral just that it's "not his taste" tolerance goes two ways and you really need to have respect for other people's comfort levels

  3. #253
    Food is better than sex coco2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in Provence...
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,957

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Mark Wahlberg has "gay issues"

    Oh come on !!!... We have the George Takei's response to this kind of speaches...






    Just change "Tim Hardaway" for any homophobic Hollywood actors' or sportmen's name...
    "Il n'y a pas d'hétéros, il n'y a que des mecs mal dragués ..." - Patrick Timsit in "Pédale Douce"

  4. #254
    Mets Lets Go 2015
    sonny10305's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,732

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Mark Wahlberg has "gay issues"

    I have a theory.
    I believe Mark had some "experiences" as a younger man. He was a street kid, spent some time in Juvie and even adult lockup, he had to have been approached by guys in those days and prolly did some things he now regreets. Maybe it's just a mechanism he has put in place to avoid ever going down that road again. The dude made a lot of mistakes as a kid but has turned his life around, you never really hear of him in trouble any more.
    I doubt he is homophopic, just very protective of his image of a straight man.
    I don't see him as someone who has a problem with gay folks, it's just not for him.
    Hell of an actor by the way.
    http://www.justusboys.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic101694_8.gif

  5. #255
    JUB Addict MorrisseyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,213

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Mark Wahlberg has "gay issues"

    Why do some gay people always look for drama?Why are some gay people such hypocrites? As if gay people never make comments that aren't racist or negative or whatever. I swear there are gay people out there that are so pathetic they search the web looking for comments they think are anti gay or homophobic. Look, not everyone agrees with homosexuality and that doesn't make the person homophobic it means the person has an opinion. Mark's comments are honest I am no fan of his and I don't watch his movies but this was his opinion on Brokeback Mountain. Is Mark supposed to lie? Is he supposed to say he liked the script when obviously he was very uncomfortable with the material? Some people in the community are too myopic we don't understand that there are plenty of straight people although they can be open minded about homosexuality maybe feel yes gay sex is strange and bizarre to them. And that's not homophobia that's there personal opinion and they are entitled to it.


    Mark's comments are not homophobic at all they are his honest opinion. It is true Phoenix and Walberg were up for the part but they both didn't want it in the end. And I don't blame them. Brokeback Mountain was a very overrated and lame movie anyway. I think some people just are looking to fish for trouble and start drama. His comments are no big deal.

  6. #256

    Re: Mark Wahlberg has "gay issues"

    I never really respond to any posts, but I feel I have to in this case while I concede that racism does indeed exist I have to say I don't feel that is the case in this situation. I think this has more to do with being shallow than anything else. There have been black celebrities that have said similar things, but there was no uproar ie Will Smith when he wouldn't kiss Anthony Michael Hall in six degrees of separation because he just didn't feel "comfortable" he has said since he regrets that decision or Denzel Washington made some statements about not understanding homosexuality while he was making philadelphia very few people in the gay community made a fuss, why? simple because Will and Denzel are hot as shit. I mean come on while not total fuglys Isiah and Tim are not going to win any beauty awards. Lets take another example a white celebrity Eminem oh he divides the community on one hand you have people saying he's a dog making such horrible remarks in regard to homosexuality on the other hand you have people saying we just don't "get him". Well I believe the shit he has said is horrible there is no dispute in this, none the less I wasn't as offended as what Mark said, Why? because I find Mark repulsive and I want to fuck the shit out of Eminem. No one wants to be called shallow I certaintly do not, but I sat thru an hour and a half of dancing with a has been just to watch Apollo Anton Ohno and his magnificent ass wiggle for five minutes, I can't believe he shits out of that, it's so beautiful. Anyways this is just an opinion from a uneducated man take it for what it's worth.

  7. #257

    Re: Mark Wahlberg has "gay issues"

    Quote Originally Posted by cravincock View Post
    who gives a fuck?
    he's hott as fuckin hell!!!
    Exactly! And I'm sick of the gay community using the worn out word "homophobic." Get over it - Mark Wahlberg is the authentic straight dude of our fantasies.

  8. #258
    Want a slice? :) J-23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    1,427

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Mark Wahlberg has "gay issues"

    Eh, Mark Wahlberg is street trash. And he looks like a monkey.

  9. #259

    Re: Mark Wahlberg has "gay issues"

    Quote Originally Posted by falconfan View Post
    That's ridiculous and entirely speculative!!!!! You can't just say sure the situations are completely different BUT IF THEY WERE there would be a double standard!!!! That's ridiculous. That's not an argument. That's not any form of valid explanation and they do NOT have the "same" type of feelings towards gays.

    Being asked to simulate gay sex and being uncomfortable with that is different than saying "I hate gay people"

    They're just not the same in anyway I don't know how that could be any clearer. It's really just a shame that you are so intent on seeing racism where it doesn't exist. There certainly is a degree of racism in the united states but just because there was segregation decades ago doesn't mean people's reaction to what's being said has to do with the race of the person saying it rather than the context and the situation it's been said in. If you didn't choose to be selectively observant you'd see a vast number of people (myself include) came to the defense of Jennifer Hudson (who's black btw I don't know if you noticed) when she was accused of homophobia.

    Long story short there are liek 100 differences in these two situations if you pick out one like race you better have a direct reason to say it's race and not wording, or situation, or context, or reliability, or the fact hardway comments are made in an audio clip and this is a quote that's been editorialized and therefor holds a degree of journalistic manipulation. It's just stupid and narrow minded to decide it must be race. But let's not let a silly thing like logic foil our righteous indignation
    Falcon you are just UNBELIEVABLE... I'm standing by what I stated, because I'm totally right. I've done my research on that racist and homophobic Mark Whalberg.. and even though he had a different wording.. I know what he meant, because of his HISTORY.

    I do have a question though. I remember Will Smith mentioning something about not feeling comfortable doing a gay scene in Six Degrees of Separation.. after Denzel told him that America isn't ready to see a black man perform a gay.

    Would you say he is homophobic?

  10. #260

    Re: Mark Wahlberg has "gay issues"

    Quote Originally Posted by falconfan View Post
    That's ridiculous and entirely speculative!!!!! You can't just say sure the situations are completely different BUT IF THEY WERE there would be a double standard!!!! That's ridiculous. That's not an argument. That's not any form of valid explanation and they do NOT have the "same" type of feelings towards gays.

    Being asked to simulate gay sex and being uncomfortable with that is different than saying "I hate gay people"

    They're just not the same in anyway I don't know how that could be any clearer. It's really just a shame that you are so intent on seeing racism where it doesn't exist. There certainly is a degree of racism in the united states but just because there was segregation decades ago doesn't mean people's reaction to what's being said has to do with the race of the person saying it rather than the context and the situation it's been said in. If you didn't choose to be selectively observant you'd see a vast number of people (myself include) came to the defense of Jennifer Hudson (who's black btw I don't know if you noticed) when she was accused of homophobia.

    Long story short there are liek 100 differences in these two situations if you pick out one like race you better have a direct reason to say it's race and not wording, or situation, or context, or reliability, or the fact hardway comments are made in an audio clip and this is a quote that's been editorialized and therefor holds a degree of journalistic manipulation. It's just stupid and narrow minded to decide it must be race. But let's not let a silly thing like logic foil our righteous indignation
    Falcon you are just UNBELIEVABLE... I'm standing by what I stated, because I'm totally right. I've done my research on that racist and homophobic Mark Whalberg.. and even though he had a different wording.. I know what he meant, because of his HISTORY.

    I do have a question though. I remember Will Smith mentioning something about not feeling comfortable doing a gay scene in Six Degrees of Separation.. Would you say Will Smith is homophobic? I just want to see what your response will be.

    The reason I am pointing this out in the first place is to see if the response would be the same if it wasn't "Mark Wahlberg". That's the only thing I'm concerned about. That's the real point of all my posts.

  11. #261
    Professional Hoodrat james1200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Cambridge, MA.
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    5,617

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Mark Wahlberg has "gay issues"

    falcon...you're from boston like me. you know marky mark here is old dorchester...he was arrested for commiting a hate crime and almost blinding a vietnamese shop owner right here in dorchester in his teens. normally i would also argue that being a racist in no way means you're a homophobe or vice versa...but in marky's case, he's a mixture of old boston and new boston with the usual racial and sexual baggage that a lot of old boston still carries with it. i don't know what it's like elsewhere but i have family that make racist comments to my face even tho i know they love me...i've seen neighbors who date nothing but black guys yell "nigger" this or that when they get pissed off...it's hard to explain working class irish attitudes around here unless you're from here...i guess what i'm trying to say is that he's typical boston irish, open-minded and closed-minded all at once.
    "Yo mama is so fat she can't even jump to a conclusion!"


  12. #262
    JUB Addict falconfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,354

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Mark Wahlberg has "gay issues"

    Quote Originally Posted by james1200 View Post
    falcon...you're from boston like me. you know marky mark here is old dorchester...he was arrested for commiting a hate crime and almost blinding a vietnamese shop owner right here in dorchester in his teens. normally i would also argue that being a racist in no way means you're a homophobe or vice versa...but in marky's case, he's a mixture of old boston and new boston with the usual racial and sexual baggage that a lot of old boston still carries with it. i don't know what it's like elsewhere but i have family that make racist comments to my face even tho i know they love me...i've seen neighbors who date nothing but black guys yell "nigger" this or that when they get pissed off...it's hard to explain working class irish attitudes around here unless you're from here...i guess what i'm trying to say is that he's typical boston irish, open-minded and closed-minded all at once.
    I understand exactly what you're saying but honestly I'm neither condemning or defending Mark. Quite frankly, guys his history is irrelevant. The thing I took issue with was the unnecessary infusion of race. Basically the Hartaway quote and the Marky-Mark quote were place juxtapose. Then the reactions were compared. Then an attempt was made to say that the reason people are lighter about the Marky-Mark quote is because Mark is white. And that's just ridiculous, there are so many difference in those quotes and those situations that its just a ridiculous assertion. It's that simple.

    Quote Originally Posted by pisces_ken02 View Post
    Falcon you are just UNBELIEVABLE... I'm standing by what I stated, because I'm totally right. I've done my research on that racist and homophobic Mark Whalberg.. and even though he had a different wording.. I know what he meant, because of his HISTORY.

    I do have a question though. I remember Will Smith mentioning something about not feeling comfortable doing a gay scene in Six Degrees of Separation.. Would you say Will Smith is homophobic? I just want to see what your response will be.

    The reason I am pointing this out in the first place is to see if the response would be the same if it wasn't "Mark Wahlberg". That's the only thing I'm concerned about. That's the real point of all my posts.
    No I wouldn't say that about Will, it is perfectly acceptable for a straight man not to feel uncomfortable doing a gay scene. Which is exactly what people are saying in this thread. And a previous poster brought that up and the reaction to that incident and how it wasn't harsh. Race is just not the issue here. Period.

  13. #263
    peace and long life
    MidnightPrism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Monroe, GA
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    14,374
    Blog Entries
    13

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Mark Wahlberg has "gay issues"

    Quote Originally Posted by puka-pride View Post
    ummm the only issue i saw in that is he doesn't wanna see men having sex with eachother or have sex with a man...

    I know I'm creeped out by the thought of sleeping with a woman.... does that mean i have issues with str8 people?

    i mean I haven't seen him actually doing anything homophobic
    Exactly. He's creeped out by it but hasn't done anything homophobic.


  14. #264

    Re: Mark Wahlberg has "gay issues"

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightPrism View Post
    Exactly. He's creeped out by it but hasn't done anything homophobic.
    Maybe not if it was just some actor with no particular track record on gay issues saying that he felt uncomfortable playing roles involving gay sex. But Wahlberg's language is hardly appropriate and he has a long history of ambivalence about gay issues from his Marky Mark days.

    On more than one occasion, he's said or done something anti-gay and then apologized and/or done an interview in the Advocate. He could just joke about or side step gay questions like most straight actors do, but, for some reason, he wants to engage with an issue he must know, by now, has caused him problems in the past.

    He's pretty boring when he's interviewed on TV. Despite his success, I don't think he's that bright.

  15. #265
    Want a slice? :) J-23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    1,427

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Mark Wahlberg has "gay issues"

    What if he has said that he didn't feel comfortable doing a movie where he had to kiss a black woman because he was "creeped out" by them. How would that have gone over?

  16. #266

    Re: Mark Wahlberg has "gay issues"

    Quote Originally Posted by jlukes19 View Post
    What if he has said that he didn't feel comfortable doing a movie where he had to kiss a black woman because he was "creeped out" by them. How would that have gone over?
    Trust me alot of Hollywood thinks like that. Probably Mark Wahlberg himself, looking at his racist past. But lets be honest here, that isn't likely to happen on the big screen that much..... Why? Next paragraph.

    I remember reading an article were it stated that the person who was suppose to play opposite of Will Smith in Hitch was white. But they changed plans due to how bad the movie would have bombed at the BOX OFFICE seeing a black guy romancing a white woman.


    No I wouldn't say that about Will, it is perfectly acceptable for a straight man not to feel uncomfortable doing a gay scene. Which is exactly what people are saying in this thread. And a previous poster brought that up and the reaction to that incident and how it wasn't harsh. Race is just not the issue here. Period.

    Fair enough.

  17. #267
    Professional Hoodrat james1200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Cambridge, MA.
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    5,617

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Mark Wahlberg has "gay issues"

    uhh...eva mendes in "hitch" wasn't exactly black pisces. i think the racial issue is less of a problem than the gay issue for hollywood. but to the guy who also said that wahlberg isn't bright...he is. he knows exactly what he's doing. he's just showing his street props, which he occasionally still likes to do, and for a boy from the hood, that usually means a little gay bashing.
    "Yo mama is so fat she can't even jump to a conclusion!"


  18. #268
    JUB Addict wilehart1978's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,495

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Mark Wahlberg has "gay issues"

    Acutally some years back when Mark Wahlberg was on "The Howard Stern Radio Show", he commented that kissing the "ape" woman in the "Planet of the Apes" movie was like kissing Janet Jackson. Stern had a field day with the interview. So, there's his opinion about that...

    As for this, I don't think what he said was bad....I'm into guys and kind of "freaked out" about she males...I'm not against them, but seeing sex between guys, girls and the she males is strange. I'm also "creeped out" about fisting...I don't knock people who do it, but it does freak me out...Give him a break. He is straight and it's not unusual for someone to be glib about something they truly don't understand...at times, I don't even understand male-to-male attraction and I love men. Also, I haven't seen Brokeback Mountain either ....do I have to turn in my "gay" card? No foul here.

    As for race..Sexuality and Race are two different things...I wish people would understand that...No matter how much we do so, the two can not be compared...Of course, that's off topic.


    Quote Originally Posted by pisces_ken02 View Post
    Trust me alot of Hollywood thinks like that. Probably Mark Wahlberg himself, looking at his racist past. But lets be honest here, that isn't likely to happen on the big screen that much..... Why? Next paragraph.

    I remember reading an article were it stated that the person who was suppose to play opposite of Will Smith in Hitch was white. But they changed plans due to how bad the movie would have bombed at the BOX OFFICE seeing a black guy romancing a white woman.


    No I wouldn't say that about Will, it is perfectly acceptable for a straight man not to feel uncomfortable doing a gay scene. Which is exactly what people are saying in this thread. And a previous poster brought that up and the reaction to that incident and how it wasn't harsh. Race is just not the issue here. Period.

    Fair enough.


  19. #269

    Re: Mark Wahlberg has "gay issues"

    Quote Originally Posted by wilehart1978 View Post
    Acutally some years back when Mark Wahlberg was on "The Howard Stern Radio Show", he commented that kissing the "ape" woman in the "Planet of the Apes" movie was like kissing Janet Jackson. Stern had a field day with the interview. So, there's his opinion about that...
    Interesting. God my points are always proven somehow. I knew there had to be a situation were Mark Wahlberg made racist comments about blacks and etc. That Janet Jackson comment was totally out of line. I don't know why blacks continue to co star with this racist idiot. He's calling them the "n" word right behind their backs.

    This also proves my point about black kissing whites in Hollywood.


  20. #270
    Professional Hoodrat james1200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Cambridge, MA.
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    5,617

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Mark Wahlberg has "gay issues"

    i've already explained the mind of marky mark. it's a boston thing, for good and bad.
    "Yo mama is so fat she can't even jump to a conclusion!"


  21. #271
    Giving you a helping hand youdontknow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Paris/London
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Curious
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,492

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Mark Wahlberg has "gay issues"

    although i am slightly disappointed, but give him respect where its due, he went around it the right way!
    Benluc..

  22. #272
    Want a slice? :) J-23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    1,427

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Mark Wahlberg has "gay issues"

    Quote Originally Posted by wilehart1978 View Post
    As for race..Sexuality and Race are two different things...I wish people would understand that...No matter how much we do so, the two can not be compared...Of course, that's off topic.
    Of course they're not comparable. If you're a racist in Hollywood (Michael Richards), you get raked over the coals and you'll have that stigma associated with you for the rest of your career. If you're homophobic (Isaiah Washington), you, um, secure your spot as a lead actor on one of the most-watched shows on television?

  23. #273
    JUB Addict wilehart1978's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,495

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Mark Wahlberg has "gay issues"

    amen! ......

    Quote Originally Posted by jlukes19 View Post
    Of course they're not comparable. If you're a racist in Hollywood (Michael Richards), you get raked over the coals and you'll have that stigma associated with you for the rest of your career. If you're homophobic (Isaiah Washington), you, um, secure your spot as a lead actor on one of the most-watched shows on television?


  24. #274
    JUB Addict wilehart1978's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,495

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Mark Wahlberg has "gay issues"

    Howard gave him an opportunity to clean it up....Wahlberg rolled with the comments and that was that... Very disturbing comparing Janet Jackson to a she ape....

    Quote Originally Posted by pisces_ken02 View Post
    Interesting. God my points are always proven somehow. I knew there had to be a situation were Mark Wahlberg made racist comments about blacks and etc. That Janet Jackson comment was totally out of line. I don't know why blacks continue to co star with this racist idiot. He's calling them the "n" word right behind their backs.

    This also proves my point about black kissing whites in Hollywood.



  25. #275

    Re: Mark Wahlberg has "gay issues"

    Quote Originally Posted by jlukes19 View Post
    Of course they're not comparable. If you're a racist in Hollywood (Michael Richards), you get raked over the coals and you'll have that stigma associated with you for the rest of your career. If you're homophobic (Isaiah Washington), you, um, secure your spot as a lead actor on one of the most-watched shows on television?
    I'm sorry but the "N' word carries more weight than the "f" word. That shouldn't even be debated.. because its silly to think otherwise. The word has too much history for it to simply be ignored when someone uses it in a certain way. Also Michaels Richards said ALOT more things beside the "N' word in his rant.

    Im actually offended that you would compare the two words, and the Michael Richards rant to Isaiah Washington's situation.. completely two different things.

    Basically you need to be exposed to more history, then you would have a different view

  26. #276
    Want a slice? :) J-23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    1,427

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Mark Wahlberg has "gay issues"

    Quote Originally Posted by pisces_ken02 View Post
    I'm sorry but the "N' word carries more weight than the "f" word. That shouldn't even be debated.. because its silly to think otherwise. The word has too much history for it to simply be ignored when someone uses it in a certain way. Also Michaels Richards said ALOT more things beside the "N' word in his rant.

    Im actually offended that you would compare the two words, and the Michael Richards rant to Isaiah Washington's situation.. completely two different things.

    Basically you need to be exposed to more history, then you would have a different view
    Uh, not really. How is one slur worse than another? Maybe you need to review the history of gays and then you'd know what you're talking about.

    Millions of us were imprisoned in concentration camps during the Holocaust, and we were slaughtered right there alongside the Jews... We've been executed and murdered... We aren't able to get married in most places... People protest our very existence... We're not allowed in the military, the Boy Scouts, the clergy, etc... People are allowed to fire us and evict us for no reason at all (besides our sexuality)... Until recently, homosexuality was regarded as a mental illness... And in how many countries is it illegal to be black? Because there are still several countries today where you'll receive the death penalty for being gay.

    So it's ignorant and just plain wrong to say that gay people haven't had it as bad as black people. There's your history lesson for the day.

  27. #277
    JUB Addict wilehart1978's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,495

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Mark Wahlberg has "gay issues"

    Unfortunately, I disagree...Homosexuality can be "hidden" while skin color can not. Millions of blacks in this country would differ with your assessment of how badly gays have had it compared to blacks. This is such an old argument. Have you taken a look at Corporate America or relived the torrid history of Blacks in America...This is not my fight or argument, but the word "nigger" holds much more weight as a derogatory, oppressive term than "faggot", "fag" or "homo". I don't think he needs a history lesson, I believe he is right on the mark.

    I am saddened by what Jews, Blacks and GLBT people face, but one should not equate the struggles of being gay with being black - for most, there is no marked comparsion. That is what angers most in the Black community - the comparsion between gay rights and black rights.

    Quote Originally Posted by jlukes19 View Post
    Uh, not really. How is one slur worse than another? Maybe you need to review the history of gays and then you'd know what you're talking about.

    Millions of us were imprisoned in concentration camps during the Holocaust, and we were slaughtered right there alongside the Jews... We've been executed and murdered... We aren't able to get married in most places... People protest our very existence... We're not allowed in the military, the Boy Scouts, the clergy, etc... People are allowed to fire us and evict us for no reason at all (besides our sexuality)... Until recently, homosexuality was regarded as a mental illness... And in how many countries is it illegal to be black? Because there are still several countries today where you'll receive the death penalty for being gay.

    So it's ignorant and just plain wrong to say that gay people haven't had it as bad as black people. There's your history lesson for the day.


  28. #278
    JUB Addict wilehart1978's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,495

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Mark Wahlberg has "gay issues"

    Pisces, you really hit the mark, man.

    Quote Originally Posted by pisces_ken02 View Post
    I'm sorry but the "N' word carries more weight than the "f" word. That shouldn't even be debated.. because its silly to think otherwise. The word has too much history for it to simply be ignored when someone uses it in a certain way. Also Michaels Richards said ALOT more things beside the "N' word in his rant.

    Im actually offended that you would compare the two words, and the Michael Richards rant to Isaiah Washington's situation.. completely two different things.

    Basically you need to be exposed to more history, then you would have a different view


  29. #279

    Re: Mark Wahlberg has "gay issues"

    Quote Originally Posted by jlukes19 View Post
    Uh, not really. How is one slur worse than another? Maybe you need to review the history of gays and then you'd know what you're talking about.

    Millions of us were imprisoned in concentration camps during the Holocaust, and we were slaughtered right there alongside the Jews... We've been executed and murdered... We aren't able to get married in most places... People protest our very existence... We're not allowed in the military, the Boy Scouts, the clergy, etc... People are allowed to fire us and evict us for no reason at all (besides our sexuality)... Until recently, homosexuality was regarded as a mental illness... And in how many countries is it illegal to be black? Because there are still several countries today where you'll receive the death penalty for being gay.

    So it's ignorant and just plain wrong to say that gay people haven't had it as bad as black people. There's your history lesson for the day.
    The point I will make totally owns your rant/so called history lesson..

    You can HIDE your sexuality.. no one has to know that you are gay(unless you are flaming). You can't hide being black. That's the BOTTOM LINE.

  30. #280

    Re: Mark Wahlberg has "gay issues"

    I agree with Pisces also.

    I'm Black & Gay, yes both slurs are hurtful when used offensively out of anger or hate, But personally (and surely the majority of other homosexual Africans Americans too), when asked which carries more weight, which is not as accepted as much, etc the "N Word" is more than likely to get a bigger response...and if called either, I would (and again so would the majority) be more upset over the "N word" than Fag...and thats just the state of America at this point...

    Not saying its okay for it to be this way, but people are just more accepting & compassionate toward blacks & that word than with gays the "F word"




    Whoa and to comment on & compare the hardships of Blacks to the hardships of Gays in America? Seriously man...?

  31. #281

    Re: Mark Wahlberg has "gay issues"

    Quote Originally Posted by carbine222 View Post
    I agree with Pisces also.

    I'm Black & Gay, yes both slurs are hurtful when used offensively out of anger or hate, But personally (and surely the majority of other homosexual Africans Americans too), when asked which carries more weight, which is not as accepted as much, etc the "N Word" is more than likely to get a bigger response...and if called either, I would (and again so would the majority) be more upset over the "N word" than Fag...and thats just the state of America at this point...

    Not saying its okay for it to be this way, but people are just more accepting & compassionate toward blacks & that word than with gays the "F word"
    That's totally my point. You hit it right in the nail carbine22.

    Whoa and to comment on & compare the hardships of Blacks to the hardships of Gays in America? Seriously man...?

    I will never understand why he would compare the hardships of blacks to the gay movement. Totally different issues, and completely irrelevant. And he really offended me.

  32. #282
    JUB Addict falconfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,354

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Mark Wahlberg has "gay issues"

    Quote Originally Posted by pisces_ken02 View Post
    Interesting. God my points are always proven somehow. I knew there had to be a situation were Mark Wahlberg made racist comments about blacks and etc. That Janet Jackson comment was totally out of line. I don't know why blacks continue to co star with this racist idiot. He's calling them the "n" word right behind their backs.

    This also proves my point about black kissing whites in Hollywood.

    Oh please knock the arrogance out of yourself. Your point wasn't proven! You're point which initiated this whole thing had NOTHING to do with Marky-Mark being racist. It was that the GENERAL PUBLIC was lighter on Mark than on Issah or Hataway BECAUSE MARK'S WHITE that has NOTHING to do with Mark's racism you were actually insinuating that the public (in the form of this board) is actually racist.

    As for the question about whether it would be acceptable for someone not to take a part because their costar was black well no that's racist and it's an entirely different horse. A man being asked to kiss a black woman just isn't the same as a man being asked to kiss a man. It's just not.

    There are very clear distinctions in out society between race and sexual preference. It is acceptable to the general populace for someone to say they think homosexuality is amoral. It is certainly not acceptable to the public for someone to say being black is amoral. The differences have a number of routes. The main two being the religious component to the sexual preference question and the fact race is definitely not a choice, and many people believe homosexuality is. They not the same. The public has different perceptions and attitudes. And the reason the N word is considered to be MUCH worse than the F words is because the N word is viewed as a condemnation of a person while the F word is viewed as a condemnation of a voluntary action. But quite frankly the struggles and problems gay and blacks face are different. Gays often have to struggle with rejection of their own family and worry about the process of coming out and how it will effect other pre-existing relationships, they constantly have to wonder about whether people they meet are aware of their sexuality and if that'll matter. Blacks struggle with a society with presumptions about them, and that they are criminals and often they must grow up wiht inequiatble conditions. There are problems with both... but they're just plain different.

  33. #283

    Re: Mark Wahlberg has "gay issues"

    Let's all take a deep breath.

    Inhale through the nose with your eyes closed. Now (OK, open your eyes), exhale as slowly as you can.

    There isn't a man, woman, or child alive today who couldn't be described as "having issues."

    I look at some of the people who "represent" the gay community in gay-pride parades, and I have issues. I hear some of the lyrics coming out of the "gansta-rap" African-American artists, and I have issues. I look at some (ok, most) of the things that happen in Washington DC by people of both parties that have nothing to do with the good of this country, and I have issues. Hell, there's a stray cat that seems very friendly but was apparently "turned out" by a former owner in my apartment complex, and I have issues.

    Mark Wahlberg was comfortable attaching an artificial "device" to his penis for one movie, but was uncomfortable with the concept of Brokeback Mountain. He has issues. Look at some of the responses to this thread: There's an actor in Hollywood who doesn't seem comfortable with homosexuality. OMG! How can that be? Don't you think the reponses indicate that the respondents have issues?

    Let's calm down, not try to incite each other, and not over-react.

    It's Marky-mark for the love of all things good.

    A4A

  34. #284
    Want a slice? :) J-23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    1,427

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Mark Wahlberg has "gay issues"

    Well, if you read pisces' previous posts, you'll see that he's in no position to call people ignorant or racist. He's the one who claims that every southern white person is "redneck," "white trash," "racist" and "homophobic." So, really, you shouldn't be taking anything that he's saying seriously.

    I'm Black & Gay, yes both slurs are hurtful when used offensively out of anger or hate, But personally (and surely the majority of other homosexual Africans Americans too), when asked which carries more weight, which is not as accepted as much, etc the "N Word" is more than likely to get a bigger response...and if called either, I would (and again so would the majority) be more upset over the "N word" than Fag...and thats just the state of America at this point...
    Thank you for proving my point. At this point in time, homophobia is more acceptable and more prevalent than racism. It's really not disputable.

  35. #285

    Re: Mark Wahlberg has "gay issues"

    Coretta Scott King's opinion is that, "Homophobia is like racism and anti-Semitism and other forms of bigotry in that it seeks to dehumanize a large group of people, to deny their humanity, their dignity and personhood,"

    Desmond Tutu just recently likened discrimination against gays to that faced by black people under South Africa's racist apartheid policies.

    Obviously, the history of racism is different from the history of homophobia, but to the individual at the receiving end of bigotry the results can be just as as lethal whether you're black, gay or both.

    The thing about Mark Wahlberg is that, for whatever reason, this kind of stuff keeps on coming up with him now and again (as with certain other celebrities) in a way that it noticebly doesn't with many, many other people.

  36. #286

    Re: Mark Wahlberg has "gay issues"

    Mark also said in a GQ interview that he thinks "it's cool to suck d!cks..."

    He said this during his Marky Mark era....


    He's still a hottie though, whatever he says...

  37. #287
    JUB Addict falconfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,354

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Mark Wahlberg has "gay issues"

    The thing with Mark is he feels uncomfortable around gay people but at least he's mature enough now to view it as his issue and not that of gay people. There's a big difference there. Period.

  38. #288
    JUB Addict wilehart1978's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,495

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Mark Wahlberg has "gay issues"

    He did make the statement that he thought sucking dicks was cool....I don't know if he meant it, but I was really surprised when he said it!!


    Quote Originally Posted by wetboxersguy View Post
    Mark also said in a GQ interview that he thinks "it's cool to suck d!cks..."

    He said this during his Marky Mark era....


    He's still a hottie though, whatever he says...


  39. #289
    JUB Addict Lestatnj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Holbrook
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    28,880

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Mark Wahlberg has "gay issues"

    I had been told years ago by an older guy I was seeing that the slur "faggot" had come into use becuase of the pieces of wood (faggots) used to burn gays at the stake. Don't know if this is true, but it kind of makes sense......

  40. #290

    Re: Mark Wahlberg is hot!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by djobtwo View Post
    And I still would love to know exactly why Georgie C gave him up?

    I think I just got my answer:

    http://justusboys.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150050

  41. #291
    The Notorious C.U.N.T. TierraSimms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Atlanta
    Gender
    Female
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,574

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Mark Wahlberg has "gay issues"

    Quote Originally Posted by falconfan View Post
    I understand exactly what you're saying but honestly I'm neither condemning or defending Mark. Quite frankly, guys his history is irrelevant. The thing I took issue with was the unnecessary infusion of race. Basically the Hartaway quote and the Marky-Mark quote were place juxtapose. Then the reactions were compared. Then an attempt was made to say that the reason people are lighter about the Marky-Mark quote is because Mark is white. And that's just ridiculous, there are so many difference in those quotes and those situations that its just a ridiculous assertion. It's that simple.



    No I wouldn't say that about Will, it is perfectly acceptable for a straight man not to feel uncomfortable doing a gay scene. Which is exactly what people are saying in this thread. And a previous poster brought that up and the reaction to that incident and how it wasn't harsh. Race is just not the issue here. Period.
    ***COUGH, COUGH*** Who said Will Smith is heterosexual? I've heard otherwise, but that is whole other topic.



    BTW, Mark Wahlberg's comments are homophobic. Any the reactions of how the gay community does speaks volumes about how they treat folks who look a certain way compared to others, but whatever and carry on.

    I've said said true heterosexual males have AVERSIONS towards homosexual activities not PHOBIAS.

    BTW, Hi James! I see you don't return e-mails or nothing, but whatever negro forget you.
    http://i27.tinypic.com/2nlbo8x.jpg

    Yeah, the bitch is BACK!

  42. #292
    JUB Addict falconfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,354

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Mark Wahlberg has "gay issues"

    Quote Originally Posted by TierraSimms View Post
    ***COUGH, COUGH*** Who said Will Smith is heterosexual? I've heard otherwise, but that is whole other topic.



    BTW, Mark Wahlberg's comments are homophobic. Any the reactions of how the gay community does speaks volumes about how they treat folks who look a certain way compared to others, but whatever and carry on.

    I've said said true heterosexual males have AVERSIONS towards homosexual activities not PHOBIAS.

    BTW, Hi James! I see you don't return e-mails or nothing, but whatever negro forget you.
    That's so true I hate the term homophobia is one of the biggest misnomers out there. There is a very big distinction between fear and prejudice, fear is just one possible cause of prejudice, when someone dislikes gays it's much more likely to be rooted in ignorance or righteous indignation than fear.

  43. #293

  44. #294

    Re: Mark Wahlberg is hot!!!

    hello...everyone..

  45. #295
    JUB Addicts dr_beat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,916

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Mark Wahlberg is hot!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by patchawats View Post
    hello...everyone..
    Hello, patchawats.

    Nothing to say about Marky at this time?

  46. #296
    justherelooking
    Guest

    Re: Mark Wahlberg is hot!!!

    Yeah, I'd tap that.
    He looked amazing at the Oscars.
    I'm waiting eagerly to go see "Shooter" just because he's in it.

  47. #297

    Re: Mark Wahlberg has "gay issues"

    Mark, for exemple, never said he hates gay, or wanna see hem die !

    he can be disgusted to kiss a guy... what the hell is bad on it?

  48. #298

    Re: Mark Wahlberg is hot!!!

    "I'm waiting eagerly to go see "Shooter" just because he's in it."


    yes i will too, only to see him...

  49. #299

    Re: Mark Wahlberg has "gay issues"

    Hardaway's comments were about a million times worse.

    Reason being he said he hated gay people. Wahlberg said just that he is uncomfortable with what they do.

    My twin brother doesn't hate gay people. He applies a lot of stereotypes about them, finds camp people difficult to deal with and is certainly not comfortable with what gay people get up to. He is able to joke about what I do, though his hands will find his ears when I tease him about it. I see him as a barometer for a typical straight. I think it comes down to his own identity not being fully secure. That's not to say he could be gay, it's just that there's an element of his confidence as a man that is lacking. I'm sure in the same way it is analogous to Marky Mark's posturing and attempts to gain street cred when he was younger, he was still trying to affirm his identity as a man.

    I think it comes down to what we expect off straight guys. Total acceptance and comfortability would be nice but considering the attitudes that are made law in Africa and Asia compared with what Marky said, I don't find it to hard too settle for accepting straight guys are indifferent to us but not crazy about what we get up to.

    There is the analogy that I wouldn't be creeped out by kissing a woman and would find it odd to be so, but I feel it's asking an awful lot of a person to be fully comfortable with another sexuality. They absolutely should be, but people can be really crap at the whole tolerance thing, so, you know... baby steps.

  50. #300

    Re: Mark Wahlberg has "gay issues"

    Mark Wahlberg is a good actor. That does not mean he has any brains tact or class. There are many people who, because of their fame, are given a forum in which to air their opinions. Unfortunately their opinions are given weight simply because of their fame. If any other knucklehead made the comment no one would care. Wahlberg is a famous and talented knucklehead but a knucklehead none the less. Im glad he wasn't in Brokeback.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.